Story is about magic vs. technology

>story is about magic vs. technology
>magic is the stronger one

technology has real world examples, magic is literally magic and doesn't follow any rules or laws

>implying
Magic most definitely follows rules at least in pop culture. Magic in pop culture is basically always super advanced technology disguised with the pretense of being supernatural.

Advanced unknown technology is magic.
Therefore advanced technology>technology . It's simple really.

>that scene in Avengers Age of Ultron where the computer a.i. Jarvis is scanning the magic Loki scepter with the infinite stone in it
>jarvis says he's never seen anything like it and describes the closest thing to it as a quantum computer

I thought that was neat.

>cloth has more magic resistance than metal armor

Science is bound by laws.
Magic is not.

I like how in dishonored they can put a stop to magic basically by playing mathematic equations through a speaker

>advanced despite being ancient
Hmm

No shit Sherlock, it's fucking magic.
It's neat that you can propel a small piece of of lead and occasionally hit something 50 meters away but when your soldiers get turned into sheep by a wizard wearing invisibility cloak it doesn't really matter.

This one kinda makes sense if the magic in question is elemental, like Fire or Lightning.

Well most of the time "ancient" turns out to be super advance race that went extinct long ago.

>ancient mega advanced race with tech out the ass goes extinct
>It's literally never said how or why
thanks RPGs

How would a world where magic exists be if it was set on our current year?

A modern daily driving steam car would be more powerful than a modern daily driving combustion engine.

and fire and lightning won't burn away cloth?

Theme like this only remind me of Mage from World of Darkness, but that is more /tg/ related.

The elements may be ancient, but it took humanity a lot of time to discover them and find out the best ways to use them.

Are you saying there are no laws ruling magic?
I don't think so mister.

So math beats all. OMG this explains everything!

Magical laws are often superficial, or change depending on the plot. Most of the time, it's just some faggot in a dress making reality his bitch.

>game uses "psychic powers" instead of magic
>it's just the same vanilla as fuck "fire, ice, lightning" shit as any other vanilla as fuck game with magic
In short, fuck Final Fantasy.

But FF calls all that shit magic.

>implying magic isn't just a technology so advanced people of the current time can't understand

Hold up. Let me clarify what I meant:
Fuck final fantasy for making "fire/ice/lightning" the got-to bogstandard "Magic" pattern that everyone rips off, even when they call it something else.

That's not Final Fantasy fault.
Try Dungeons and Dragons.

Is leaving it completely blank better or worse than just having a throwaway line like "It was destroyed by Cataclysm" and then never filling in that blank.