One Way Heroics Thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/266210/
store.steampowered.com/app/352840/
store.steampowered.com/app/409000/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768686327
youtube.com/watch?v=SXxQ44daaqg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First time I've played it I quit after the tutorial because I usually don't play rougelikes.
Glad I gave it another shot because it turned out to be pretty fun.

Should I just unlock all the classes on normal before moving on to hard?

>"However, you find it difficult to make friends"

i wonder why

Low Cha, duh.

What's he hiding under that loin cloth?

I wonder if it's rock hard.

Honestly takes a while to unlock all the classes thanks to the campaign requirements, the ones that require completing a quest prob better off on normal if you really want them but otherwise I'd just up the difficulty if normal is feeling too easy anyway.

The new one any good? I logged a few hours on the original and found it enjoyable as a coffee break type game.

If they are dead they cant hear you.

there can only be ONE

>tfw a quarry to settle

It has some issues with additions like traps and some "stuttering" (enemy turns) that OWH didn't have but otherwise it does have more content overall.

There's also a mod for OWH music in MC if you really don't like the new ones.

This is a Wrestler.

There is a demo you can try out if you are curious, at least the PS4 version does anyway.

Oh yeah I keep forgetting the MC version is on Vita and PS4 as well.

how come the steam version looks different

? There should be no differences unless you are comparing the new "Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics" to "One Way Heroics"

Both are on Steam either way.

How different?
You're probably checking the original one way heroics+.
Check Mystery Chronicles: one way heroics.

yeah realized there's a new game

and apparently most people are saying the original and + are better and balanced

but the dragonfag makes me want to grab the new one

This is a "Dracon."

This is probably the class portrait I hate the most.

You trying to say something about rocks?

They should have given it a boobplate instead of half bare tits, it just looks awkward.

Does the Steam version have controller support? I only have a laptop with a shitty numpad that makes my poor hands cramp when playing roguelikes. I would just buy it on the PS4 but it's 5 more dollars

It does but there it does not change on the screen, so the tutorial and onscreen prompts will be telling you about Keyboard controls only.

Apparently they will be "fixing" that in a upcoming patch, but honestly I ask why the fuck was it left like this in the first place. You'll probably memorize the controls quickly either way but yeah.

I own One Way Heroics, should I get the +/Plus version or just play the original one?

I want to like this game, but I can't, I always die to some fucking strong enemy before even having a fighting chance with the angel.

Plus is great, adds a bunch of stuff and has some balance changes.

Nami a shit.
Naughty Frieda for life.

Thanks

>Mythical/Legendary enchantment scrolls don't drop anymore in Plus
At least they added a fun new holy weapon but still...

What perks are considered generally useful apart from stat increases?
Also do I stack x5 of them of diverse to fill up gaps in stats?

don't bully Nami

She's had it hard being the literal fucktoy of Keyton and harshly NTRing anyone who wants to stick it in

Depend of what you want to do, most of them are usefull.

Burn some awakenings and run away. Abuse terrain if you can, try to spawn them inside mountains or water.

Type C seems cute.

Lockpick for life.

You get EXP when unlocking things, and there's no chance of breaking the items inside.

If your class doesn't start with it, then you should always grab at least one point in it.

I wonder if anyone has completed (anything) on Very Hard, Maniac with all the negative perks.

That must be an ordeal.

If the class you use has some gimmick you'd want to capitalize on, it makes sense to stack it. Agility is the prime example. Other than that, things like positive charisma for classes that don't start with it or 1 level in lockpicking for extra XP are okay investments.

Agi is shit if you play Maniac, isn't it?

For extra impossible, on the 3x trap spawn campaign world.

Its evasion bonus caps very fast, and combo bonus isn't particularly great on its own. So yeah, it's not that great on Maniac.

It's fine. I just really hate the female skin.

Stacking agility is so important for the early game, that lots of perks aren't work using unless you have a high agility growth or high base agility.
Charisma, however, can be good if you need it to recruit an NPC you know appears early on or if you want Nami.
Starting funds can be useful if you know there are merchants or other helpful NPCs in the first few hundred kilometers.
WT limit up if you plan on grabbing some stuff from the vault or start with comparatively low WT.
Stacking pugilist works well, especially on brawler and one way hero, but it's not nearly as strong as it was in OWH, so you'll need swords and axes to deal with enemies who shrug off unarmed damage.

Yes, but Maniac, itself, is shit.

Pro Wrestler's usefulness falls off pretty fast. It's only good if you plan to be the first to beat the daily campaign, at least from what I remember from the regular OWH.

I don't see what's so shit about it, it just turns off the vault so no "cheesing" from there and have the enemy either on equal or better movement turns than you have, so you can't just run past everything.

>tfw best girl is not in the remake

Would you equip a fairy anons?

In the accessory slot, sure

His fairies are GOAT.

>Pro Wrestler's usefulness falls off pretty fast
Nope, that's in OWH+.
Pro wrestler was broken in OWH and that's why it got nerfed in OWH+.

Since you can't outrun things, encountering A Strong Enemy squad of x2 speed means you are almost certainly fucked.

what game is this? looks cool

>tfw remake has no dialogue choices

I loved the goofy options.

>Are you really going to defeat the Demon Lord?
>Yeah, it's on my way.

Try reading the OP.

Mystery Chronicles One Way Heroics

You will give Cole a massage and you will like it.

Seriously such a bummer to have no dialogue options unlike the original, also lol Now you just kill Dog Dosey for her just to revert back to Human into your party

Time to use those awakening.
Or Knight company+massive earthquake+reclusiveness.

>17th anniversary

Damn.

Knight is probably the best person to tackle Maniac with because he is built to stand his ground and can somewhat deal with being surrounded. A lot of other classes though get fucked if surrounded.

3 months until the 18th.

Knight isn't that great at fighting though, and it doesn't have a reliable disengage.

Seismic Slash is semi-reliable. It deals a ton of damage and has a tiny chance to best status all that survives.

I was thinking of the Knight Company scroll that make 4 knights appear and fight enemies while you skedaddle.
Scroll of Massive Earthquake can knockback and if all is lost, scroll of Reclusiveness.

I got this game thanks to you shills.

Any beginner tips? I really suck at it. Any help would be very welcome.

Earthquake damage is great too.

It costs so much SP.

Guys how did we go from this...

To this?

So is this game good? I heard this new version sucks while the old version was great? I actually have the original on steam but never played it (yet)

MC OWH?

Don't carry flammables.

Talk to all the NPCs to have mechanics explained.

If you're in a dungeon, expect traps on every step, but especially around chests and corridor intersections.

You can throw arrows without equipping them in MC, so you can wear a shield and throw arrows to get in some early damage.

Never forget that you can move diagonally.

Always watch the minimap so you don't get cornered by mountains or water.

What is this game? Mystery Chronicles: One Way Heroics?

Is it fun? I can't seem to find a review.

It's alright. More content and better artwork at the cost of performance and game balance.

Finally someone posts wolf butt.

Less and worse music imo too.

It's ultimately the same as One Way Heroics.

Was this a thing in the original game as well?

>We're forcing you to drop 25% of your shit on the spot.

I've never seen that event in the original games before.

How do you generally move around the map? Do you just go in a straight line avoiding mountains and water or sweeping through the entire thing from top to bottom as much as possible but risking running into more stuff?

Depends on the terrain and my inventory. Speeding through and avoiding fights if I'm low on supplies, slowly go and kill everything I can see if I'm not.

I generally try to get through the narrow terrains, snowfields and corrupted lands ASAP though.

is mystery chronicle a superior product to the old games? been thinking about pirating it.

Just do it and find out yourself, it isn't costing you anything.

First really good run. Bought 10 more spaces for my vault

I hope the vault isn't still capped at 90, there's so much more things to store.

>90
>there's so much more things to store

>tfw I'm still at 17
Looks like the game is 10 times bigger than I expected, good to know

I don't know what it is, but there's something about MC that I feel is ugly. I loved the OWH designs, but MC designs are not for me. Weird to say this as a weeb.

Any OWH+ world up yet?

What's the bard gameplay like?

Also does this game have DRM?

>installed this trash
>can't open the game, the window automatically closes
Refunded.

>i am no good with computers

Get over it faggot

Only problem with the MC designs is that there's too many FUCKING girl "Type"s. Seriously each class goes by like a 2:1 ratio

Oh, please.

>Any OWH+ world up yet?
I'd love to play with Cred Forums but the thread always go up when I'm getting ready to sleep.

You tank/buff/debuff while your allies kill stuff.
Play on a daily campaign with a guaranteed ally, get the loyal pet perk and maybe a point in charisma if you want to recruit soldier D.

I am just not going to play MC, the features it includes are not that interesting (except for Wanderer, cool class) and the controls are much clunkier from what I seen (compared to OWH+ which fixed alot of issues with OWH).

>missing 5 attacks in a row with 90% acc

Also, fuck skull archers

what is OWH and what is OWH+.

which one is the one that came out recently?

which one is the remake?

God why are they always at the ocean field. Stop knocking me into the water you cunts

OWH is the original game,
OWH+ is a remastered version/DLC of the game, mostly minor updates and fixes to the game.
OWH MC is a game by different company based on original OWH.

It's easier to like something that doesn't look like mass produced anime garbo.

Funny thing I saw a while back in a translated interview with Smoking Wolf he felt his art back in OWH was only just barely passable, I'd take that barely passable art over what we have now.

Bard was replaced by the Queen class in MC.

OWH is the original base game.

OWH+ is basically an expansion for OWH.

MC OWH is the remake, and the most recent game. It's not from the same dev as the original games.

OWH (original game): store.steampowered.com/app/266210/
OWH+ (DLC that improve everything): store.steampowered.com/app/352840/
MC: OWH (remake): store.steampowered.com/app/409000/

They need a nerf to their health or something, fuck them.

Should've been a pirate cunt

Thanks nerds.

Didn't expect you to be this helpful.

>Angel approaches
>On beach segment with long, thin pathway
>Angel appears
>skull archer appears
>cunt nails and sends me fucking flying in the middle of the ocean and a dickfish

Thanks fuckers

Is there a wiki up for this yet? I'm keen to unlock more classes

Check the guides on steam, there is an official one showing how to get all the classes.

This is so simple to look up, but fuck it, here, you get the spoon feeding because I'm fucking tired of this shit and it's not gonna change.

OWH is one way heroics, you know, acronyms user. They're a thing.
It was originally a thing to show off the engine smoking wolf was making, but it got localized by PLAYISM which is why you gotta pay, because they want their fucking cut. For translating, ya know?

Well OWH (That's One Way Heroics, just in case you forgot) got popular, popular enough that Smoking Wolf decided he could probably make a better version, and then charge money for it. And so work on OWH+ (Remember that previous acronym? Well put a PLUS onto that and you're set) began, but shortly into development S.WOLF (Smoking wolf, mind you) got contacted by SpikeChunsoft, japanese developer and publisher of THE WITCHER games in moonland, and they said WE WOULD LIKE TO DEVELOP A PORT OF YOUR GAME FOR VITA, and S.WOLF was like sure that's great and all, and then they started working together.

Then at some point S.WOLF (Remember him?) broke off from helping with the development of the port to fully commit himself to OWH+ development, and SpikeChunsoft did a name change on the port and decided they would continue to reimagine things on the game themselves so it would no longer be a port but a wholly new game. And you wound up with Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics (That game in the OP).

Well OWH+ is a better balanced version with more content of the original game and by original game I mean OWH minus the plus, and it seems like it was a GREAT SUCCESS, and then you have MC:OWH (I'll let you figure this one out yourself :^) has recently come out in english, and while it has even more content than OWH+ (PLUS) it doesn't have some of the same content, but also includes various balancing issues (That means it's fucked up brah) but it has so much more content that it might be worth a look.

I dunno, I might not have been clear, and I'm sorry about that

so like how is this as an actual roguelike?

i remember getting crypt of the necrodancer because of hype and stuff and it turned out to be insanely dumbed down as a roguelike even compared to something like dungeon crawl stone soup which is intentionally dumbed down

i regret buying that

>

Huh. I just realized that one was official. It's not entirely accurate, since you can unlock those classes that start purchasable with in game conditions.

I get it all now, thanks m8.

Now which game are people playing, the + or the MC?

Basically, you can move, you can attack/talk, or use items.

Talking and attacking are the same action, you normally can't talk to hostiles, and normally can't attack friendlies.

Items can be used/equipped, thrown, or dropped.

There's a hunger system, food can rot.

Inventory is limited by weight.

/rlg/ memers say it isn't a rougelike.

So its an RPG with hunger system?

That's not what roguelikes are about.

Gunner looks cool

>Randomly generated world
>Dying means needing to restart with a new character
>Heavy reliance on items

I dunno user, you tell me more about how it's not a thing.

>Dying means needing to restart with a new character

That's not true though, you can totally revisit the same world.

She truly is the best girl

>with a new character

Oh shit son, did you read?

Also on your topic of the same world, while locations will be the same, certain events and monsters/loot will be diffrent.

How the fuck do I instantly not die as Zombie?

>RPG with hunger system
>roguelike

What's the difference?

This. Shit game.

Your question is dumb.

>real time strategy
>racing
>what's the difference?
That's how you sound.

thanks user

sounds like TOME4 so ehh... not sure if want. tome4 had an issue of basically doing everything right except being a RL so you'd constantly do the same sidequests and stuff for people and it'd be really tedious since the world was setup like a normal rpg but you died as easy as expected in a RL

K

have you tried turning it off and on again?

ok.

The game? yes. I don't reboot my computer.

Well, from what was described, why is that not a roguelike?

The lacking mention of being tilebased and random world generation? I guess that would be most important.

>Found a Goat as fist "enemy"
>Noice
>Goat obliterates me.

Is zombie really that bad?

Both are played with plenty popularity here.

Pirate best class

Those are just "It's not a rogue like if I don't like it" retards. Mechanically everything about OWH is roguelike.

Brogue confirmed not a roguelike.

These posts are from me playing just on normal as well.

The best thing I found to do as it is to take 5x doggo friend perk and then die the instant Alma doubles me with Fire.

On Cred Forums, I see more people asking for OWH+ players to join a world, I've rarely seen anyone ask for players to join a MC world.

Yarr.

I blame Twitter integration.

>I blame Twitter integration.

Yeah, it's fucked up.

>an indie dev does online integration better than a big name company

I guess either they really wanted the game to advertise it self through twitter or they did not want to deal with maintaining a server with this kind of info and and just parses Twitter instead.

Or Both.

Well, they have PVP, is it p2p?

I'm going to guess that of course it is.

Yeah but you can't be stealthy with hooves

So which one do I buy?

Now, I would recommend OWH+ for larger Cred Forums activity during night-time OWH threads.

That said, which one looks better to you? If you like MC's look, pick that one. If you like +s look, pick that one.

OWH+ and if you ever get done with that but want more get MC.

Or just get MC if ultra weeb.

Buy everything.

It's not like OWH threads are that frequent though, only with the recent remake release has there been threads up.

True, but anyone can make a thread and people will jump into the world.

This is an Astrologist.

RIP Bard class

>Type C are just recolored NPCs

Should have made a Type D too then.

>doing wrestler class quest on hard
>pick ultimate student
>very strong at first
>sometime later
>weapon about to break
>absolutely useless with any other type of weapon
>don't have any energy for skills
>don't have any food drops for hundreds of kilometers
>get 2-3 shot by everything

Are you supposed to like start 2-3 games with him, lose on purpose and put his weapons in the vault to have spares for the rest of the run?

>using the vault

Only 10 out of 25 classes Type C skins are NPC recolors. Would of been nice if it was 0 or they were just some sort of Type D extra sure.

Nope because you cant put his weapon in the vault. (But if you want to cheese like that put Gunners weapon into the vault.)

>using the vault ever

Both Necrodancer and OWH have excuses for being simplified.
Necrodancer is all about constantly moving so forcing player to do heavy inventory management or complex long term strategising would go against that.

Meanwhile in OWH you are constantly on the move, and you literally cannot carefully comb every corner so it's lot about resource management and considering the moment to moment encounters.

The knight one seems pretty coo though.

Your not literally on the move constantly like necrodancer, you're as on the move as most roguelikes, except not really having a rest command.

>le hardcore gaming experience
Guys please, I know you're good at the game but no need to show off.

Yes and it is not a recolor.

While you can stand still in Necrodancer and think it's clearly designed to discourage that and made so that focus is on constant move by the beat.

shut up, 2nd best girl, before I fuck your face

I still use the vault for specific things, but not on general playthroughs.

It's all going to get fucked by rusty traps anyway.

>Get to lv 30~ as Zombie.
>Around half of these are Charisma.
>You start with -99 Charisma.

-99 or -999?

-99. It's not -999 "at least" but it's still wasted level ups.

should I get mystery chronicles or owh and owh+?

OWH if you want to try it out or if it's on sale
OWH+ if you want to get into the series
MC if you want more from the series.

Alma is cute! CUTE!

Sure it is.

If you guys want a good dimension for holy weapons on OWH+, join the Youmu dimension. Queen Frieda is at 325 km, then there are two holy shrines between 500 and 600 km and two more before 2000 km.

More like lewd.

Why is MC rated a lot lower?

Is the remake worth buying if I enjoyed but got bored of the original?

Because traps and stuttering and twitter.

Depends on why you got bored of it. The core gameplay is the same thing. If you thought there wasn't enough content, this is what you want.

Alright, I'll give it a shot, thanks user!

What else got added besides new classes?

>roguelikes can only be giant item collection spoiler memorizing fiddlefests
go play Shiren

Alma is a slut whore and she needs to die.

COOLEST OF BEANS M8

New enemies, new equipment, new NPC allies, new villagers, new items, traps, a lot of stuff.

Plus everything is different:
Darkness > Shine Raid
Demon Lord > Fallen Angel
etc.

On hardest difficulty in Necrodancer if you stand still you literally die instantly for missing a beat.

Thanks bro.

i honestly would like the trap system if they made it less "LOL RANDOM" and actually put some effort into them.

Maybe a skill that helps you detect them, or having them placed a little more logically (random places in open fields, and not in clusters. I will admit they do place them on entrances to dungeons once in a blue moon).

Within dungeons, the traps are already usually placed logically. It's everywhere else that's just a blind guess.

>can't see the world
>can't see the difficulty

Little touches that made me prefer OWH's HUD.

I pretty much agree with you. The best way to handle it is either:

1. Make them exclusive to dungeons/labyrinths so you're not constantly swinging at the air during normal gameplay
or
2. Make their effects slightly less punishing and add a trap detection chance like in DCSS

I love explosive traps inside towns, step on them for instant criminal scum.

>2. Make their effects slightly less punishing and add a trap detection chance like in DCSS

Your trap detection chance is stepping on a trap and a chance of it failing, I guess.

A-are town traps common? That shit sounds like aids

>skeleton archer shoves me into lava
fuk u m8

>can't see the world
>can't see the difficulty
>can't see the terrain biome
>active effects panel is such a disgusting eyesore that you have to hide it 90% of the time

Chunsoft makes the Mystery Dungeon: Shiren series which is hands down the best roguelike out there.

But the way they keep just grafting bits and pieces of Shiren onto other games without making any effort to make it work makes me think the stuff they get right is on accident. Sigils/staffs in EMD, and now the corny Shiren traps here.

The REST of the town knew not to step there. You're the retard.

OH SHIT NIGGER THE WORLD OF [SHOTACON] IS IN DANGER

THE ONLY WAVE TO SAVE ALL THE DELICIOUS BOIPUSSY IS BY SLAYING THE DEMON LORD OR WALKING TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO DEFEND Cred Forums's HOMOSEXUALITY?

what difficulty do true Cred Forumstards run for OWH+? Normal, Hard?

>Questin' like a champ
>Nothing in sight
>Step on a fire trap in the middle of the field

I should stop carrying elzite bombs, traps being totally undetectable beforehand is the worst fucking thing.

can i join the demon lord's side and let the world die? i'm not gay

Pretty much everyone goes on Grueling Maniac at the minimum going from the online feed.

Fucking bomb exploded in my inventory when I decided to fight Alma.
No, she didn't even throw a fireball at me.
It just exploded.

It was fucking anticlimactic.

>The REST of the town knew not to step there.

I had a Dark Chef blow up half a town once. Too bad it was just guards, I didn't get any free loot out of it.

>use Elzite Bomb

RIP

In an hour or two, I'll come help.

I don't think I have that unlocked. I've only got the third difficulty on plus.

I am neither gay nor a pedo. I think you have the right idea.

Demon Lords are almost but not quite worse than gay pedos.

You know, if nothing else, literally NO OTHER CHANGE but this, fuck fire traps.

The one thing that really should not be in this fucking game.

But I have just as much argument to want them out of Shiren, Nethack, DCSS, etc etc etc. Except for the fact that OWH has more bombs.

How do I git gud
I literally can't complete it even on normal. Either some surprise oneshot enemy kills me or Alma does if I'm not Knight and can just activate wall to tank her.

but the demon lord is a cute girl

But what if I'm only into ss?

Grueling usually, some peopel also do manic (but they are crazy).

Sometimes I run lower difficulty for specific quest or testing reasons though.

IRON HAG?

MORE LIKE IRON FAG.

>I don't think I have that unlocked. I've only got the third difficulty on plus.
Grueling Campaign + Maniac mode on is what I meant. It isn't an actual difficulty called Grueling Maniac.

Well, more like just Grueling, I guess. It's just that the most frequent people I see also activate Maniac.

btw does this have automove/attack for lazy casuls like me?

i play dcss purely as minotaur berserker of trog mashing automove and attack until i need to run away. is relaxing. can i do that in this?

Is there a reason to use Bombs instead of throwing?

How do I git gud and kill shine raid/zeukees? I was using a bow then I got a message and suddenly I couldn't damage it anymore

how do i get these dialogs, what?

POST THE PICTURES OF ALL THE GIRL CLASSES AFTER THEY USE THE NAKED ABILITY. PLEASE, I NEED THIS AND CAN'T FIND ANY

Does this have any mutliplayer?

The closest you'll get is holding right but that will get you killed pretty fast.

RED STAR ENEMY? SEEMS LEGIT.

Automove isn't a thing because you can't fucking explore everything due to running from the wall of death. You can just keep mashing your attack key for auto attack I guess, but that's not really what you want huh.

You can see other people playing in the same world in terms of status updates and messages, along with finding the ghosts of dead players who will give you experience and some piece of loot from their inventory, Mystery Chronicle has some weird multiplayer where it's you and another player racing to reach a certain range while fighting mini bosses summoned from crystals who call up an NPC version of the other player for you to fight.

I suppose on the rare occasion that you're totally surrounded and have fireproof armor and want to risk it or something. It's pretty much death to do it, anyway, I think.

Yeah that was in plus but it's very rare and won't show up until you're thousands of km in. It didn't have the disabling flying mobs effect though.

Move diagonally, pay attention for strong enemies.

I think if you run out of time the darkness/shine dragon goes back to the edge of the screen and you gotta hit it with holy again.

>tips
Most weapons you find on the ground suck or aren't special enough to replace what you got. But you will want a backup of SOME type of your three gear slots, so try to carry something in reserve but not more than your weight can allow. A repair scroll is naturally better. Most Normal runs I've won have been in the gear I've started with, maybe one or two new shields along the way.

Skeletons/demons are no joke. They are tougher than Demon Lord/Alma. No matter how much you're rolling over the usual mooks, if you see something new or weird, try to engage it where you have an escape plan.

Use your Awakenings. 5 is more than you need. And usually you'll die to bullshit that caught you off guard rather than for running out.

If you have good Vit and gear, Demon Lord/Alma isn't all that scary. If you can go toe to toe, it's worth it.

Beyond that, just scan the land for gear, items, health, and any item you can use as an escape from a bad situation rather than burning a Awakening.

Demon Lord/Alma has shields when first appearing. Don't use your nuke items until after you bust those.

How does the online/interconnectivity work on the new game? I've only played the original OWH for a few hours and didn't fuck around with it.

HAHA OH WOW THIS SHIT HAPPENS IN EVERY VOLCANO I SWEAR

Always keep stones around to throw at armored enemies or skeletons. Axes and such are also good at killing them.

Zombies are weak to fire.

Give me some tips!

>dragon egg quest
>Level 120
>Thief
>last battle ( i suppose) with a bad guy and a gropu of bandits
>ok i just gonna buff myself and wreck th...
>he throws a bomb
>instant kill
HOLY FUCK

GOOD ENOUGH!
I shall pick the manliest class (but its a weab game so they prolly all pretty girly) and ram into things until one of us falls.

Ty user

Vintage Adol Cristin

YOU NEARLY SAVED ME FROM THE BOSS HARPY LAST TIME BUT THEY CAUGHT UP

FUCK 2x MOVE ENEMIES

Yeah, enemies are a hell of a lot deadlier in the new game.

Kind of a weird question, but do the Vita version's controls use the right stick in any way? I kinda want to get it but my right stick's busted.

Anyone have a link to the music mod for OWH MC?

I love that Dark Lord's theme sounds like something out of 2hu

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768686327

WHY WONT THIS FUCKING SNOWFIELD END

>naughty

TOO BAD I'M ONLY INTO SHOTAS

Get that loli. NOW.

>middle aged fujoshi

I'm playing both OWH+ and MC:OWH and loving it.

What's Present for the Hero?

>snowfield ends
>it's a volcano next
GOOD FUCKING SEED GUYS

The box of free crap that spawns at the start.

Oh I get the joke now

MAYBE I CAN TEACH HER ALL ABOUT BOYS LOVE

ALSO 6 DAYS AS TOURIST SO FAR SO GOOD

IT'S OUR GUY

As long as a seed doesn't start in like a fucking desert or something.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU CLEAR INHUMANE ODYSSEY? EVERYTHING ONE HITS ME JESUS FUCK

Play Hero exclusively.

So you pretty much need a holy spear or bow to kill it? That sucks I only have two holy shortswords

Well that's shit.

I had this issue with Max Payne 3, I ended up fixing the issue myself after like 15 minutes and it was hella worth it. That game was great.

How can you call a game "shit" if you haven't played it?

No I killed it in one go on Hard with a normal Boomerang after throwing a Holy Dagger.

You have to Bash even dogs to death, and stack all the perks you can to help your early game.

Only the hero has that ability gaywad

ANYONE, PLEASE?

Pirate has good enough STR and VIT to butt heads with some of the strong spawns too.

Adventurer has multiple escape options to get out of bad fights (all inhumane odyssey fights) but good luck getting EXP without fighting.

Other than that you need a lot of skill or a lot of luck to win with many classes in my opinion.

Can you only pick from a small amount of heroes? Are there not multiple female classes the player can choose from? I haven't gotten the game yet, sorry.

Nah, the hero is the name of one of the classes

>boss skellington spawns
>no bombs left

TIME TO GET SPOOKED

I have no special classes unlocked, only beat the game with Knight on normal and no interesting gear to speak of. The grind is getting painfully discouraging and dull. Am I supposed to spam easy with different classes to unlock more classes? Am I supposed to beat the angel as soon as I am able? What do I do? I really want to like the game but days of 'run a few hundred km and die' is getting old.

Just throw rocks at it.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, I know nothing of this game, but I doubt the wolf girl class is called hero.

What is the deal with spooky skeletons anyway? Why do they take so little dmg? Is this like Undertale?

She looks so offended

I just beat the game with every class on Easy to unlock them, quick and dirty.

They take alot of damage from axes, thrown items, and arrows. Lances do alright, swords and staffs don't do shit. Throw your healing herbs at them, they'll die in one or two hits.

They have physical resistance. Take an axe to them, throw rocks at them, or use Force abilities.

Might as well shut the fuck up if you know nothing about the game.

You're acting like pretty cool shit for having played a game. I was going to buy it, just don't have the money now. You act like I'm an inconvenience on your life for asking a question you could have ignored.

The wolf girl is skin C of the hero class

You are looking at her butt. Probably with no permission even.

F

>skeletons in other vidya
>beginner tier trash on the level of slimes

>skeletons in OWH
>RUN THE FUCK AWAY

Thank you user, are the other 2 skins males? Can they remove their clothes too?

There's a male and a female besides the wolf girl. They remove their clothes, as well.

Slimes are such a fucking pain in OWH if you're not a force user.

Needs a slightly bigger booty.

>but I doubt the wolf girl class is called hero.

...Let's check out what OP's image is shall we.

I haven't seen the other 2 skins but typically A is male and B is female. Yes, all heroes have the ability to remove their clothes for bonus to attack
I play OWH+ so I can't screenshot anything for you

Why does the game just stop drawing video and then crashes at random? I never happened to me before, but now it's happening over and over.

I really can't tell what the fuck the tone of this game is supposed to be
it jumps back and forth between generic positive anime crap and a depressing world ending feeling like 3 times in the first 15 minutes

>Bash skeleton with battleaxe
>1k fucking damage
oh lord

It's depressing as fuck, and all the inhabitants are dumb assholes.

In OWH+, how do I use a force user if I can't find food? What spells are good?

It's weeb.

youtube.com/watch?v=SXxQ44daaqg

MC:OWH spoilers for Keyton's plot. The nip voice actor is... a LITTLE bit better than the English VA. Maybe too hammy but whatever.

But I like the English Alma voice so I'll suffer his "average guy off the street with no direction" tier VA.

The world will be fine if you just kill the demon lord.

Get the power that paralyzes enemies as soon as possible. It's one of the only powers with no meditation requirement.

Adventurer C is a Dog girl too? How come Hunter and Adventurer C don't succumb to the Killer Hound syndrome?

Anime worlds can end too.

Just bought this game. Thanks Cred Forums.

They're clearly cats.

Which is why vial of flame is useful to carry around sometimes. Until MC OWH makes shrine door invulnerable and the addition of fucking fire-igniting land mines makes them not worth the risk to carry around.

I would.

That tail isn't a cat's, user.

Hunter C might be a Wolf Girl, though, I'll give you that. Even that doesn't seem exactly reliable.

Is there more colored classes by smoking wolf?

DO I LET THIS LITTLE GIRL GO HOME WITH DADDY SO SHE CAN GET KILLED BY THE DARKNESS?

DO I KIDNAP HER AND MINDBREAK THE LITTLE SLUT?

English Alma is the lady who sang the MGSV theme song

Fuck her senseless

You're supposed to test the seed before posting it just to make sure it's not absolute shit. Fucking Santa's winter land followed by a volcano.

I actually managed it on hard right after seeing your post but I had to abuse the fuck out of Noble Law and Awakening on Lord with that one 50 durability quest reward bow

>So the darkness buttered your bread early this time, huh.
SHUT THE FUCK UP

HAHA JUST KIDDING LOLIS ARE GROSS

EAT SOME CRISTA GRASS AND SUCK IT UP NERD

It says Alma is Donna Burke in the credits

I have never listened to that theme because I skipped cutscenes as much as I could in MGS5.

>entire hospital unskippable
fuck you Kojoma

Like this?

>tfw

Crit increases are hard to come by, but honestly if you're doing that I say go all in and raise default crit to 35% at minimum by stacking it.

Pro-Wrestler's fun too if you intend to go unarmed, though apparently it falls off later on.

And as mentioned, some classes (the Criminal ones like Adventurer/Pirate/Ninja with negative Charisma) gain XP for entering dungeons. You don't need Lockpicking for Adventurer (they will level the fuck out of that) but the others can get some serious risk and reward going if they unlock things in a sizable dungeon.

Nice.

Protip: You can kill one protected animal without angering the Jade Forest assholes. Once you kill the second you're fucked, though. If you find a church you can pay up and then go kill some other animal again, which is good.

Two runs in run ended when I got ambushed by army of shota bandits and both times I underestimated them.

I need to get used on playing Hard, on normal I can just walk over everything.

>three golems in a row
>snow then volcano
This is a garbage ass seed fucking kill yourself you pedo piece of trash

HAHA TIME TO KILL MORE GOATS

WOAHHHH HOOOOOOO

Sure.

They will fuck you if you have 2 points, if you kill a goat that's 2 points, everything else though is 1.

Are you Cred Forums sux or sisterfistr?

>if you kill a goat that's 2 points

You sure? I guess that makes more sense, I know I touched one animal before and they fucked me over.

Do the protected creatures drop anything good? I always avoid them just in case

I remember seeing donna burke in the credits but forgetting who she voiced, but then again judging from everything else in the game, whoever did voice casting for this didn't do a good job leading any of the VAs, any talent is wasted when you just take any old ass recording.

Now that's what I call skill.

The translator cared as much as the director. There's stilted dialogue all over.

Cred Forums sux

I mad as fuck

I always kill them no matter what, good EXP and stat boosts. If tree hungers chase me whatever, it's worth it. If there is no way to just leave them in the dust I kill them and avoid towns for a tiny bit.

Almost all of them drop permanent stat increases that sell for high prices. Goat I think is the only one that doesn't, but always gives 500% EXP.

Hilarious.

Snow animals usually give 5 level ups. The others are stat increases.

I'm switching to swordmans to make this shit easy kill yourself smug rat

Cleared my first adventured!

Noice.

>name is scared
>their ghost wanders into a spooky cavern

Like pottery

Honestly I find Ninja easier than Swordsman if you get past initial 3 days. The cost of maximum ST is not big deal by the time you use your skills and the usefulness of them is amazing. My favourite class.

sisterfistr here
Fleet-footed golem kinda sucks

I forgot you took damage in water when out of stamina. Embarrassing

>Game says Lord is a late game class because he gains levels slower
>In a game with no level cap
>He also explodes if anything touches his back because his stat growths are all over the place

The class sounds so awesome on paper but it's so bad jesus christ, he only has one skill that isn't limited by uses/adventure too and it's just Impact.

This game is four fucking GB?

What the actual fuck? OWH+ was like, 70mb.

I don't have ninja yet. I was trying like a half dozen runs as Forcemans and it just wasn't working.

Also my first time on hard and first time as forcemans.

Lots of voice acting. Dual audio too. Lots of art.

P. Triggered. This'll take like six hours on my canadian connection.

Thanks for the explanation though.

All of this game audio takes like half a gig only, I'm guessing a ton of non compressed textures/art.

Lord class is picked to play as a smug mofo.

BE WARNED THIS PRAIRIE IS NOTHING BUT TIGERS

I found Dark Knight to be much worst/useless than Lord.

WEW

FUCKING

LADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

GUYS HOLY SHIT
I'm playing MC and I found a bomb launcher. It looks super op. It's unidentified, so I don't know it's durability. Does it break really fast?

I give up.

Those things have like 20 Dura max.

F

Haven't seen those yet, unless you're talking about Hand Elzite.

Dark knight is amazing, he has good Int growth for identification as well as Strength/Vit, 35% more damage with spears/axes, and Knight's strong shield ability. Chaotic blow and Dark blow are pretty pointless but the class is such a walking ball of stats you don't need it.

Fire it into a dungeon over a river for great fun destroying boss enemies that can't touch you.

It is incredible, but it DOES fire explosives and has very low durability.

They are good for killing Golems/Dragons/Ogres etc because the AoE hits every tile the dragon/golem is occupying. Might be ok for force classes if the damage scales off force but I'm not sure.

This is a Brawler.

Somewhat overdesigned, but not too bad.

Isnt him a digimon form adventure 01?
The one that Matt had?

I always get stabbed in the back or side when I try playing dark knight

What's good perks for Queen/Bard? Heard they're really good in MC

You're not too far off, friendo!

Swordmans is a LOT easier than Force user in this seed.

Is it Muddy or Cole that stops you getting knocked back 100% of the time?

I have these 2 and these skeletons have never been able to knock me back me again.

Force User is shit tier no matter what unless you're carrying a staff of prayers.

holy fuck, those designs. 4th grade me thought this was the coolest thing ever.

>King of Flames Werewolf +3
>Hits me for half my health
This god damn game. Used 3 awakenings and it still didn't die.

Alright, time to get in.

>half-beast
>a class

wut.jpg

Good to know. It was my first time.

>every armor pickup in the world is tattered and shit

Geez. I've picked up three tattered clothing and one heavy holey armor, and I'm not even 50km in.

I have many unused Key of Seals in my Dream Vault, should I even bother keeping them?
Are they used for opening the Holy Shrine for the Holy Armor?
how to farm Shrines?
how do you get the last castle NPC?

I enjoy the game but keep getting the temptation to go for End of the Universe (past End of the East? or is there no point in going past it) and dieing stupidly or accidentally killing Alma

right now running Gunner with 5x Loving Care
my other not insta-die runs were
Hero + 5x Deep Cuts
Brawler/Wrestler + 5x Pugilism
any other fun class/trait recommendations?

Already had to burn three awakenings.

F

>how to farm shrines?

Find a world seed with a shrine, grab the goods, kill yourself, and stash it all in your vault. Rinse and repeat.

>unidentified wt 2 clothes sell for 2200 gold
what the fuck

You don't know what it is, but the NPCs do. (Maybe expensive prefix)

They are quite possibly real good.

RIP Harpy Squad.

>accidentally walk into darkness when I thought I had one more turn
Alright that's enough for the day.

Well then.

This price actually is quite fair for the shield I have.

>Get pushed back into lava
Okay, that's something new

Would you Cred Forums?

haha benis

Ahaha what the fuck man.

>Border shows up
>Toll lady gets fucking killed by a Killer Wolf
>Your wanted level is now 5.

>no level ups
>48 enemies
how.jpg

YOU SHOULD HAVE PAID THE FINE CRIMINAL SCUM

As one user pointed out a few threads back
>it tries to "stealthily" steal shit from you
>you obviously catch him but it's a fucking golem twice the size of you so you pretend to not notice and keep all your bones intact

Guards are completely useless in MC, aren't they?
I'm pretty sure they reacted to monsters in towns in OWH/+

Creator's crystal?

Bracelet of Stagnation or a goddess statue possibly.

World with no levelups + easy mode, I'm assuming

Can't be a godess statue. Says "Consumption 0"

Ye.

MC guards will only attack if they are attacked first, I dont remember how it was in OWH.

There are certain campaigns that prevent EXP gain.

Of course by this I mean if not the player, if you done bad shit the whole fucking town will get off their ass and chase you instead of waiting for the end to come.

:^)

Get shield repair kit instead. I can't do 10000km run if I don't carry at least 1 of them around.

Also, town guards and villages will start attacking you if your bounty is high enough even unprovoked.

Yeah I just didn't explain myself well.

IIRC if your wanted level is higher than your charisma then they attack.

That doesnt sound doable on higher difficulties, at least without the vault.

While I'm inclined to agree with you, I feel like there must be some ultra cheesy way to do it.

I don't like queen because she can't run away like the bard can, but generally I just take 5 in pet and grab Nami for MC. Bard in OWH+ can grab either 5 pet or 4 pet+1 charisma for the soldier, not a lot of options for either unless you're starting in an ally world.

Soldier D costs only like 1 Charisma or something in MC.

For queen only*

He also costs 1 charisma in the original, but you need, I think, 4 char to be able to recruit him.

This is a Dosey.

>Enter Dimension SHOTACON
>Polar Bear right off the bat
This Dimension isn't fucking around. Team Normalfag of all +Charisma Marie (Adventurer) and Soldier D are all in anyways.

Yeah, it's pretty harsh. Watch out for all the golems.

>Cursed golem right at the start
>While I play Force User
Frederika did not stand a chance.

Interesting tile.... it seems bugged but I can't even recall where anything like this even appears.

I can't hit it nor can I walk on it.

Is twitter shit even worth using in MC?

The occasional ghost shows up here and there to give free levels, items and sometimes tank enemies, so sure. More so late on weekly worlds.

You can't see ghosts without twitter.

By the way I looked at steam achievements and

>Defeat the Bug Emperor.

What is this?

For how long do you need to run from the dimensional ruler to reach the end of the dimension?

End of Dimension starts at 3000Km I think?

Oh, okay. Thanks.

>Defeat the Samurai boss by reading that scroll which creates 2 lava tiles
I love these things

>Clock someone over the head with rock fist
>take their shit

HOW CAN ROCK MAN BE THIEF

Thanks for the Sharp Scroll Cred Forums sux, you're a hero.

I never had that. My ghost is holding out on me.

Maybe an earlier run?

Death via Witch turning clever ruse of setting her on fire against me.

F

>45 burn damage per turn

RIP

>Adventurer's your favorite class
>my hero after you insist on taking fights head on anyways

>Naughty Dosey

F

Shit. I ended up killing him. Running away from the dimensional ruler while attracting the attention of lava golems and shit was pretty tough. Maybe in another run.

If you want to get to the end of anything, someone with Shadow Bind or Paralyze is easiest. Or a Ninja, if you can manage to learn Shadow Run.

Alright, thanks. How do you learn Shadow Run as a ninja, by the way?

THE GREAT HERO Cred Forums sux HAS FINALLY DEFEATED THE DEMON LORD AND SAVED A BUNCH OF GAY PEDO FAGGOTS

WAS IT WORTH IT?

Buy the technique off an NPC ninja, usually in taverns. I think the cost was 2k silver.

Says I'm the first conqueror. That can't be right.

Good job.

Everyone else was too busy assaulting children

I tried playing as a Tourist, but I still tried to save up my awakenings. I'll break the habit eventually.

is that a subtle YogPod reference?

That is a bullshit fucking seed though. There are NO good biomes in it. And the first four goddess statues are golems. Bring an ez modo class if you're playing on Hard, one that doesn't need much support.

The guy who made it went 16 days as tourist and you're still bitching?

Let's be honest, it's pretty rough for a seed.

Someone make a new one while Marie goes through the daily dimension.

I have no idea what that is, so no.

It could be worse, it could start in a desert or volcano.

i'm surprised i've never heard of this.
i love these kind of games

>MC has trophies for every difficulty
>Medals for every character avatar and ally
My autism!

Is Swordmaster the best class for doing the OWH+ class unlock quests?

I've played MC for almost 50 hours, made multiple runs past 1000km, and never seen this event.

What the fuck kind of voodoo magic did you get involved in to experience this.

Played on Very Hard?

That pic is the only time I saw that though, some event about "high gravity."

Holy hell Nami is a badass. Why would anyone pick Keaton except to hear him cry?

Swordmaster is strong in general and probably more likely to be able to have a good run than most, but you ought not lock yourself to one class.

Yes.

carrying bombs and flame vials was dumb in OWH anyway so traps didnt change much

also, just bring nami if slimes give you trouble, you dumb slut
she can even cook meat for you

A gigantic enemy that spawns in areas with lots of forests and mountains. The same place those screaming veggie things that drop nayuta spawn.
He has a shitton of hp, does a shitton of damage, will summon skeleton minions, and can remove effects from your armor.
You can tell one is coming when you see a message in the log saying a corpse was summoned.

I have only ever managed to kill one as samurai because that class is OP as sin.

Would say Ninja is better because by the time you enter the quest stages, your skills become very useful. But then I remember Ninja is second class needed for unlock.

Yes, Nami is the objectivity superior starting ally.
She is ranged, she destroys slimes, she destroys zombies, she can cook meat enemies are holding, and her attacks pierce 3 tiles.

Conversely, keaton is a faggot who constantly screams YOSSHA, does piss poor damage to everything, has no range, and cant cook meat.

Both of them are honestly shit for the 20% EXP cost they are eating up unless you are a class that depends on allies.

Thanks. Been playing for a ton of hours already but never seen that at all.

Ninjas are shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Anyone up for another world? I need the free ghost exp :^)

Does Memoria join you as a party member like Iris in OWH?

>Has high combo rate just like Swordmaster
>Can out-run anything
>Can climb mountains and swim without investment
>Can lockpick
>Can become twins
>Shit

I hope you've tested this one, you fuck.

>unless you are a class that depends on allies
so what, like half the cast

It's a prairie followed by a ruins you dip

I should probably sleep, so I'll go for another tourist run.

I would rather make do with a rougher start with probably all classes (except Queen) than to take any of those 3 crap NPCs on Vhard, which just become wasted investment later on.

Off to a good start lads

F

>float bat

top kek

Found a loli and an awoo.

pottery

Broke into Frieda's dungeon from behind and broke her out.

Huh, what are the chances.

L-lewd

F

How does multiplayer work?
I've only played solo because I'm terrible at the game.

Multiplayer is much like Dark Souls: You just see what other people are doing during the feed, and if they die you can encounter their ghost. In OWH+ they usually have an item they had.

Also I just returned Mila to her father and encountered him again.

Man, letting that guy die is for the best, isn't it?

Unless you desperately need money to buy a new sword or something there's no reason to return Dosey-Lite.

Fun fact: That's probably not her father. You can kill him and nothing will happen to you.

Telling the truth, that was probably the third or fourth time I ever managed to do it, otherwise I'd die. Didn't know the differences until recently..

I actually did have that happen by accident and had her go down the recruitment route.

Seems like it's the right choice in general though.

Found a Parchment of Darkness. Apparently I need that to give Dosey a good ending, and I gotta die/beat the game with it and use the Dimensional Vault to give it to her? That or get real lucky with a seed.

I don't even remember where to get the parchment. The wiki has no info either.

You need to get the Dosey Epilogue with that item in your inventory, before she turns full doggo.

You just find them lying on the ground.

Doesn't seem to have any specific place. If it helps I found it in a desert, out in the open.

So it just has to be in your inventory unused?
Or you have to beat the Demon Lord with it in your inventory before she turns? Because all of that together is a tall order.

Should I buy this or the cheaper one?

OWH+ is more fair and has lots of content if you haven't played it before, and is a solid expansion if you had the original..

MC:OWH has more classes, items, and questionable mechanics like traps.

Your call.

Found an Elf village. The only person inside is the goddamn Elder.

It just needs to be existing in your inventory, you can use it as long as it doesn't get used up entirely.

Beat the Demon Lord before she turns.

Have enough affection to trigger her epilogue. I'm not exactly sure on this one, actually, but I'm pretty sure.

>tfw no party

Show us that swimming level.

Just burned my last awakening to save Female Mercenary. Stupid teleport traps.

Is there any way I can attack an NPC instead of talking to them?

I guess I found my next vault item.

Attack skills or throw something at them, you can't attack unhostile NPCs with regular attack.

WHATAFUCK

I'm no longer a total failure.

Congratulations.

>Force User
Good job!

Well done. Vaultless Force User is fucking hard to get used to.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HOLD SHIELDS WITH THIS

Just punch people with it.

What the fuck is Goddess Neith doing while the world is devoured by Darkness? At least Chronos gives you stat boosts and shit.

SHOULD I DO IT?

You're not supposed to throw the bow, baka. You're supposed to shoot arrows using it.

Shoot arrows, it'll work the same.

RON PAUL WAS RIGHT

The glowing green bits on his chest aren't what you were thinking, user...

Ah, Dosey wasn't Naughty. 300 pages in the book.

F

>Maniac
why

How the fuck do I not suck on anything above normal?
I can't even use skills half the time because I'm always out of energy and no food drops for miles.

If you need more food or herbs, walk up and down instead of right or diagonal so you can maximize item gains. If you're in a snow field you should obviously rush to the right instead.

Run away from anything you know will eat half your HP in one fight (this comes with experience)

Choose your starting perks wisely (if you're too shit to pick good ones, get +5 agility or strength)

Hoard the following items help you escape shitty fights: teleport pills, tentacle weeds, confusion scrolls, passageway scrolls, etc.

Don't be afraid to throw items at enemies if they're almost broken/useless.

If you're faster than an enemy, kite it around while keeping it in range. When it "stops", get a free hit then keep running.

Equip arrows if you don't have an accessory or a shield. You can get free damage from 2 tiles away and make a fight end faster.

That's just off the top of my head.

I wanted to go to sleep, but this run isn't killing me hard enough.

>I can't even use skills half the time because I'm always out of energy and no food drops for miles.
Sometimes it's just luck.

That damnable thing on the right is nightmare fuel.

She gives you a kickass bow

HOw do you unlock Wrestler?

Second conqueror of the night reporting in.

That bitch took out NRFS--I mean Soldier D. So I gave her the D. Destruction.

3rd Conqueror here.

Finally, I can go to sleep.

>On Maniac

Godspeed, user. I could never make that leap.

Bump.