Bought this today, What am I in for Cred Forums ?

Bought this today, What am I in for Cred Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_zJKNtxeeRg
youtube.com/watch?v=Umwyql5c3Rk
frontiernav.jahed.io/
xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_5
youtube.com/watch?v=Oc4x2nLobj4
youtube.com/watch?v=tTEQOdrSf6Y
g.e-hentai.org/g/570036/b1b8762603/
g.e-hentai.org/g/809210/a23822c800/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

a game

wondering when you get your giant robot

An very very bad story mode that ends in a cliffhanger, when you get the giant robot everything goes to shit

Not knowing what the fuck you're doing for the first quarter of the game unless you read the manual or are familiar with the first Xenoblade.
Lots of fun exploration to do.
Become paranoid of plants.
Fucking up and getting NPCs killed.

Spoilers if you don't fuck off and stay off till you finish at least 80% of the game.

On-deathbed online

I never did figure out how to make / equip / find better weapons properly. It pissed me off.

ONE FOR OOOONNNNNEEEEE

I CANT HEAR YOU

You're going to get spoiled by asking here. Just play the fucking game.

And stick with it, there are times where you might be confused about stuff. Try to form your own opinion of the game instead of hopping on the Cred Forums bandwagon to call it shit.

You do not know what the term "cliffhanger" means.

youtube.com/watch?v=_zJKNtxeeRg

I CANT SEE YOU

A WHOLE DIFFERENT PLAN-ET

I NEED A BIGGER GUN

but no really Xenoblade X is my favorite Wii U game

The planet.

It must be something about this planet.

>Not knowing what the fuck you're doing for the first quarter of the game unless you read the manual or are familiar with the first Xenoblade.
What? XCX isn't really tied into the first Xenoblade. Also, nothing about the first game is needed to understand the basic as fuck "we crash landed on this planet, now we need to find the missing Lifehold." Are you being stupid on purpose?

UHNN
YEAH

>What am I in for Cred Forums ?
Best openworld game ever made:
youtube.com/watch?v=Umwyql5c3Rk

The worst music ever made for any video game

I think he mostly means the gameplay.

>tfw Xenoblade 3 won't come out until a gorillion of years later and we'll have to wait for the resolution of the damn story.

Except for the combat.
The combat is garbage.
Everything else is fine.

But everything would have been fine if they just used the instrumental versions.

I mean gameplay-wise, dumb ass. First few missions, most new players never even notice when their class gets filled, that they can switch arts around, that they have skills they can assign and increase or that they can change their soul voices, they only focus on gear and MAYBE leveling up the arts they currently have equiped. And that's not even getting into how Overdrive works, what the various status buff/debuff icons mean, how combos work, etc.

Lack of sleep if you're anything like me. Fantastic game if you're willing to work your way into it's rather complex systems.

The combat's really good, you just suck at it.

t. pleb with shit tastes

>And that's not even getting into how Overdrive works, what the various status buff/debuff icons mean, how combos work

T b h I beat the entire game without knowing any of this shit. The only reason I even bothered to learn any of it either was to clear a couple bullshit postgame quests with ridiculous difficulty spikes.

Game is so easy you don't even need to learn its nuances.

i didn't understand all the subtlty of the batlle system

Xenoblade 3 will very likely be a new concept completely separate from X.

Not every story needs a happy fun time bouncing castle save-the-princess ending. The ending to X was perfectly fine.

Probably, yea. But, it's kinda silly to end the game with this big reveal and then no explanation.

>Never know who the masketta man is and what's he going to do with Lao
>Didn't even see the Ghosts and we still don't know what they and Samaar were fighting over Earth for, we know the Ganglion segregated from Samaar and wanted to nuke Earth to be free from human killer genes, but we don't know why Samaar themselves were participating in the conflict
>Don't know why the mims are still running with the soul database destroyed
>Don't know why Mira teleports all kind of sentient beings from all over space AND time and traps them in its ecosystem while translating all their languages
>Don't know what happened to the other ark ship(s?) that landed on Mira or what was in the message from Nouveau Paris
>Don't know what the government's producing J-bodies for

I'm fine with endings that aren't happy as long as they bring closure. XCX's ending answered questions with even MORE questions.

Don' know about you, but I felt X's story to be pretty inconclusive. A sequel is a given, you don't simply introduce that many concepts and terms at the end of a work just to let them hanging out there.

You know, at first I was gonna berate you for spoiling OP's thread, but you actually managed to avoid any actual spoilers in your post.

You're a master of vagueness user.

The story isn't bad by any means

Good exploration, bad story. Read the manual to get the most out of combat

You're in for EATING TATSU LOL XDDD

What is "very very bad" about the story?

There's way too many questions left unanswered to just leave it open like that. They straight up set it up for a sequel

Not him but the story, at least the main plot line is quite basic and not really interesting.
Doesn't help that we don't get any explanation for the mysteries, only resolution is big battle with the bad guy.

The fact so much shit is left hanging with no explanations whatsoever, for starters.

Pacing is weak and they leave too many plot threads hanging for sequel bait. There's zero closure.

So the story is bad because of the resolution?

You are in for Cred Forums complaining about story and how XC is better.

Other than that, it's the best game Takahashi has ever made since Xenogears

A decent rpg with fucked pacing, and a disappointment if you wanted xenoblade 2. Seriously though, there's something very wrong when the most interesting part in the game is your opening cutscene. X DEMANDS 80+ hours but it feels like it could've been wrapped up in 20-30.

It's basic, but at least interesting. The nuances about The Growth were great and the parts with Lao were great.

I'd say, if anything, it's poorly paced due to the game focusing on world building, but "bad" is very harsh

Open-world done right

>The ending to X was perfectly fine.

You can't possibly be serious

The game that Breath of the Wild copied from

The fact that there is none, yeah. I'm all for tying into a sequel but there needs to be some sort of closure. Everything is left open.
Also like I said, the pacing is pretty bad.

This so much

So the story automatically becomes better if a sequel is released...?

The only jrpg where gameplay far surpasses story.

No, that would just make the sequel's story better. XCX would still have a weak story.

>the parts with Lao were great.

>I betray you!
>Why?
>you know. Actually, I not betray you!

Yea, great.

But if the problem is lack of resolution surely by your merit it retroactively becomes better by a sequel

>spoiling the game for OP

You are a massive dick.

An offline single-player MMO.

>breaking a game down to memey dialogue as an argument
Lol?

Could you elaborate on what you mean with pacing? It's not a linear game so the pacing should be up to you.

Side quests that literally depend on 0.05% chance item drops from rare-spawning enemies.

Name 2

Why would someone celebrate X's story in any way, even if a sequel were to come out? You could very easily skip X and jump to X2 because nothing fucking happens.

That's Xenoblade Wii, faggot.

Pros:

1.) XCX has the most impressive sense of scale of any game I have ever played in my life. It's quite simply astounding how incredibly large the entirety of Mira is, and more impressive is the console it is featured on. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that you get to see it from multiple perspectives. At the beginning you'll see some pretty cool things off in the distance, and eventually you'll make it to these places when you get transportation.
2.) The plot is interesting. There are some nice twists that would work well in a movie or anime, and they get you pumped when they occur.
3.) The soundtrack is catchy as fuck, and there are a lot of great tunes. You have to like Sawano's work (e.g. Guilty Crown, Kill la Kill).

Cons:
1.) This game gets incredibly grindy later on if you want to get cool stuff. Anyone here that says otherwise is the kind of turbonerd that actually enjoys MMO bullshit.
2.) The story is laden with padding, meaning that all of those cool twists and plot that you're looking for are hidden beneath a veil of very average storytelling. The end really gets you pumped, but like others have said ends on a cliffhanger of sorts.
3.) The music while catchy is grating, at least for most people. I absolutely love it, it really feels like an anime RPG as opposed to an RPG with anime overtones, but I realize that will not appeal to a lot of people.
4.) The characters are poorly executed. Most importantly, there are really only two main characters, Elma and Lin. You can get other characters in your party, but they feel ultimately irrelevant to the plot. It ends up leaving a very unfulfilled party system.

Pretty shit game with shallow characters, mmo combat on a console, reused jokes (lol I'm gonna eat you! Every fucking chapter XD) the absolute cringiest battle music that you'll have to stomach for every conflict, I can see why it's off putting to many. Exploration is decent though.

Unlikely.

It's both.

>but at least interesting.
But nothing really happened. There was one twist with 'we're all robots' and Lao's betrayal was so obvious and his last second redemption so cliche it didn't really have much impact.
At least for me some side stories / side quests (Definians, Professor B, Slovity and the tree clan shenanigans) were much more memorable then the main campaign against the bad guys.

Vheihufb

Though the music isn't inherently bad, you're delusional to think that the mixing in this game is good. Half the time the sfx is drowned out by looping music.

>The story is laden with padding, meaning that all of those cool twists and plot that you're looking for are hidden beneath a veil of very average storytelling.
So....Xenoblade Chronicles...?

Xenoblade x can be played online.

This is a very objective review, well done.

Basically this game has the appearance of AAA, but the actual budget was AA. So the more indepth you go into production values, the more pronounced it will appear AA.

>But nothing really happened
It was still interesting, and plenty of stuff happened. You find out you're being hunted, you find out that there are otter alien species, as well as a bunch of other stuff I'm not going to list because OP

I love how there are such tangible jumps of power you can obtain and clearly feel.

>getting your first Skell
>equipping a G-Buster
>upgrading to a Lv. 50/60 Skell
>getting your first Super Weapon
>getting Discbombs with Custom-MSL-MAG

Xenoblade consistently had a goal that was being worked towards, with a number of developments along the way that fueled the player's interest. XCX simply did not have that, whether you liked the story or not (I did).

Use this. frontiernav.jahed.io/

????

>nothing really happened

Untrue

I'm just saying if X2 was to theoretically come out. To kind of contrast, cold steel 1 also has pacing issues up the wazoo, but I would never reccomend skipping it for 2 because 1 at least spends its hours building the world and characters. X has zero world building, mira is a wasteland. The several twists it has is all you have.

Been couple months since I played it, so can't remember the name.

There was an unskippable side quest involving that shit helicopter crash, and another one involving some rare drop from the white forest area both in Noctilum. Had me grinding for literal hours just trying to spawn the right drops. I didn't even care about those quests and just wanted to finish them to progress the story.

That's pretty bad game design senpai

The pacing and padding of XBC just ruined my interest in the story 2bh

If the game were built like X where the padding quests were side quests for world building and character building purposes, I could get behind it. However x the entire time I was doing, for one example, Rikis story arc, I was just thinking "Why the fuck is Shulk and crew stopping at this bullshit village when he should be avenging Fiora"

>X has zero world building, mira is a wasteland.
Absolutely untrue. The one thing X does well is the world building. The sequel doesn't have to set up the alien species, the Growth, the Mims, etc because that happened in X.

It doesn't do world building, it does twists. X2 could start introducing the alien species all over the place in the first few hours of a prologue and it would've accomplished the same thing as the 60+hours of X.

Best J-RPG and open world this generation.

Did you even play the side quests? The worldbuilding in XBX is some of the best I've seen, it really goes out of its way to throw you in to a pre-existing universe to discover the nuances of its inhabitants

>There was an unskippable side quest involving that shit helicopter crash
You get the motor part as a reward of another quest or just pick some blue shit lying everywhere around.
Guess it could be a problem if you strictly rush through the main story but if you actually explore and do sideqeusts you find most of the time that you already have everything you need.
At least it worked that way for me till endgame and XX augments.

>It doesn't do world building, it does twists.
What do you think world building is?

You're talking about the story, not the worldbuilding.

What the game lacks in story, it makes up for in worldbuilding

I CAN'T HEAR YOU

X was great, better than the original, but it still had some glaring flaws. Mainly with how information was conveyed. I still don't exactly know how all of the battle mechanics work, and I'm on my second playthrough.

The game would be far more enjoyable with some UI adjustments. Oh, and if they made it so you didn't have to beat enemies to find out their weaknesses, that'd be just peachy.

THIS.

Gotta say I hope they go somewhere with it in the next game. If they drop it, I'm pissed.

Building lore that's more substantial than a puddle. X2 could have a two paragraph synopsis and get most of it down: the sentient robots, the magic planet, the wacky races, all of it.

>Amdusias
>Using heavy skells
>Ever
It's like you actually enjoy their shitty overdrives and ugly fat woman legs.

You're delusional, and outright damage controlling m8.

Damage controling what? It's piss poor world building and I'm shocked people think they did a good job at it.

And you're wrong.

Ouch, you did not played the game. Thanks for wasting our time.

Not that user, but the world building was absolutely brilliant. Did you even do any sidequest? Because that's where all of the world building is in.

The game isn't the story and the story is a steaming pile so what's it matter if any of it is "spoiled"? And a pretty minor one at that considering how confusing that part is. The fun part is exploring the massive world.

>Xenoblade consistently had a goal that was being worked towards, with a number of developments along the way that fueled the player's interest.
It absolutely did, though. Specifically the biggest part of the world building was done this way - recruiting new alien races.

So you're either trolling or didn't play the game? Okay.

They stopped at the village because they were trying to get through the top of it, to make it to Alcamoth. They had to defeat the Telethia to do so, and Riki knew where to find it.

>the story is a steaming pile

That's like, your fucking opinion. Doesn't give you the right to spoil other people's first experiences with any medium.

What an asshole.

>tfw you don't get to capture Goetia and Ryyz and use them as sex slaves
Elma ruining all of Cross's fun.

>The plot is interesting. There are some nice twists
The plot is completely straight forward with no twists at all with the exception of the multiple cliffhangers at the end, which I wouldn't count.

I feel like people who hate the story didn't understand it. The only bad thing about it was that it left on a cliffhanger.

>Going on Cred Forums without expecting spoilers

Come on now

The best game of 2015

>you will never be able to relive the first moments of Mira

I'm envious of you user

Amdusias is thick, not fat, please stop insulting my backscything goddess.

I'm going to play this when I can play it in English, uncensored, with music turned off

Of course they didn't understand it. When 95% of the fans have never heard of Xenogears and Xenosaga, and 1% know about Perfect Works, and 0.5% about Takahashi and his connection to Chrono Trigger, FF6, FF7 and the fall of Square Enix, what do you expect.

"Something about this planet"

It really didn't. Recruiting alien races was not a major part of the story until later on, and even then there wasn't much to it, and it felt like merely a diversionary event. Real plot only happened at the beginning, middle, and end.

It had a fair number of twists actually. Chapter 5 threw me off more than most twists in games in recent years.

This. All the cool twists, the secret areas, the scenic views...

Hell, even the boss fights. The final 3 chapters had absolutely spectacular boss fights. The only fights in the original that lived up to that amount of hype were Yaldabaoth and Dickson.

Chapter 5 was a million times better than "I'm a Dick, son"

>It felt like
Fuck off, cunt. Stop underselling the game because you had sand in your vagina. Recruiting the alien races was integral to the story. You're missing a good 30% of the game if you only ever recruit the Ma-non.

What's there not to understand? The story is simple as all fuck.
You can't make a 2deep4u argument for this game.

See there you have it, literally mongoloids

The robot thing was foreshadowed effectively, and the payoff at the end took a surprising direction. That's a pretty good twist.

>surely my speed and dexterity will make me the victor in this battle!
>not being able to equip any armor plate you want
lmoa@lightcucks

It wasn't "2deep4u", you literally just didn't understand it. All of Takahashi's works require outside reading to get the most out of them.

Use an actual skell with an actual Overdrive, the only thing that counts in this game. Heavy skells are shit because neither of them have good overdrives, and they look ugly as shit.

>Look at me mom, if can close my eyes, it's like I've read nothing at all.

>It wasn't "2deep4u", you literally just didn't understand it.
I literally just said it was simple as fuck. I said it WASNT 2deep4u.

Something that's painfully mediocre on every front.

The world's big, but nothing you do in it is fun or interesting. The writing usually shifts between bad, funny bad, and boring. Sidequests are a chore, even the unique relationship ones. Having huge creatures is nice, but it's ruined the moment you walk up to one or fight one and can phase right through it; it feels like MMO combat, where it's in real time, but attacks are determined less often by physical positioning and more often by who's targeting what. The whole world looks nice on the surface, but it feels kinda dead on closer inspection.

>I feel like people who hate the story didn't understand it.
This isn't Inception. Story was straightforward bordering on shallow and interesting parts were left without resolution.
Went through Xenosaga couple of times, played all 3 Xenogear games on PS2 and read Perfect Works (still have the 600MB zip somewhere on disk).
Your argument doesn't hold water no matter how much you pretend you need 'full arcane knowledge only the enlightened amassed'.

I don't get why they made the UI and text as small as they did, that shit was driving me nuts.

>m-muh sleek gundams!
I'm sorry you've never consumed patrician mecha content like Mechwarrior to understand why bulky mechs are superior.
I'm also sorry you feel Overdrive is relevant for Skells when I'm oneshotting tyrants before they even notice me. If you want a sustained battle you do it on foot, Skells are for instagibbing.

But a DEXfag wouldn't know that.

You can beat any boss in the game using a Lailah Queen with the super weapons.

Except for Lugalbanda, obviously.

Explain what a J-body is, oh "great one"?
Who is Elenora really?
How do all the mimeosomes run when there is no power?
Explain why Lao is still alive?

Hard Mode: Can't say "something about the planet"

This chapter 5? xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_5 Did I unknowingly take some crazy pills?

>cliffhanger

Can you faggots please stop with this shit? The ending left some questions unanswered but it was not a fucking cliffhanger. Learn proper English, holy shit.

Open plot threads =/= complex storytelling and themes

>If takahshi copyrighted the script of Perfect Works in 100% consistency and filed a law suit to Square and Bamco, I will believe you"

This is how you sound

The story wasn't straightforward, though. There were so many plot twists it's hard to count them all.

World building and story are inseparable, and X had top tier story solely because of world building. Each new chapter built the world up a bit more, giving motive to the Ganglion, giving motive to the higher ups in BLADE, showing the Ganglion command not being strong enough to keep their slaves from splintering off and joining the humans, etc.

>buying games for a hacked console

complex storytelling and themes are pointless if in the end you can sum it up as "you kill god"

Those aren't open plot threads, except for the last 2.

You just don't know any better. You're an idiot shitting on a game you know little about. Literally too deep for you.

That had zero impact on the plot so it's not a twist. It doesn't change anything. At best it's some interesting world building. If the ending is ever resolved it'll be a twist.

"Something about this planet" is a pretty big cliffhanger, senpai.

Also, "This story never truly ends..."

You can beat any boss in the game using a Mastema White Reaper too, and much faster.

>Mimeosomes
>That had zero impact on the plot
>Mimeosomes had zero impact on the story

RETARD ALERT
RETARD ALERT

It was tremendously disappointing, for me. It feels rushed, and specifically it feels like it was intended as an opportunity for the dev team to work on the engine, but not actually make a game.

It feels exactly like a techdemo.

The story was atrocious, and a lot of the dialogue is worse than even the worst anime (especially anything involving the Not-Riki character).

The online elements feel so pointless and tacked-on you wonder why they even bothered.

The Macross combat is so poorly balanced and boring, even the thrill of getting a fucking giant robot wears off in about 30 minutes.

Mindbogglingly easy with zero grinding if you simply do a few side missions, you'll accidentally break the game (even worse than XBC).

It's a gorgeous game and extremely ambitious in some respects, but it hardly feels like a game at all. The only way I enjoyed it and got any bang for my buck was just wandering around trying to kill rare monsters.

Just play Xenoblade Chronicles and forget this exists.

There's 1 gear game and 3 saga ones user

No, it's much faster using Lailah Queen because of increased chance of cockpit time fully refreshing your cooldowns. You haven't lived until you've gotten Dragoon off 3x in a row.

Hello Jaewong

>That had zero impact on the plot so it's not a twist.
Ignoring your bizarre definition of twist-
Yes it did impact the plot. It had a big impact on how the characters percieved events. Many side quests involved the mechanical nature of mimeosomes. The whole thing with the Tainted critters wouldn't have played out the same way without mimeosomes.

"I don't like it" is not the same thing as "it didn't impact the plot."

Literally everything you said was wrong.

You can't be faster than 0.0s, user.
youtube.com/watch?v=Oc4x2nLobj4

Am I supposed to know who that is?

Literally everything you said was wrong.

Not to mention that the final chapter in the game would've played out completely differently otherwise. Hell, the final 4 chapters would've been completely different.

But he wouldn't know that. Either he never got that far, or he's a sub-90 IQ 'groid.

Yes, it's you

I didn't foolishly claim that my opinions are facts. Pretty much the only thing you said that's even agreeable is that the online is tacked on, but it hardly impacts the game, and only serves to make it better.

>That had zero impact on the plot
This isn't your normal kind of stupidity, this is SUPER stupidity

No it isn't, you dumb cunt. Saying "well, I guess we'll never know" is not a cliffhanger and is pretty common in story-telling.

An example of a cliffhanger would be if the big bad guy had them pinned down and it looked like they were about to lose, when the credits roll. Or if they were headed to the Lifehold Core but the credits roll when they get there, before we see what happens.

Xenoblade X had a conclusive ending. It was vague and opened a lot of questions, but it was still a proper ending. "Cliffhanger" denotes that there is immediate peril that has not been resolved, which is not the case here.

>I didn't foolishly claim that my opinions are facts.
>It was tremendously disappointing, for me.
>for me

Oh right, school is out on the east coast.

Lailah has high ranged attack, too. Zenith Cannon wouldn't deal more damage on Amdusias or Mastema, since they're melee-based Skells.

The only modern game that not only does open world right, but is also open world with zero loading screens.

MGSV, Witcher, Fallout, Skyrim are filled load screens, and not true open world. XCX is completely open.

>The Macross combat is so poorly balanced and boring, even the thrill of getting a fucking giant robot wears off in about 30 minutes.

I literally just quoted you. Nothing about the Skell combat was boring. You've said nothing relevant.

There are loading screens, but only for quick travel, cutscenes, and going into BLADE Tower/Barracks.

the first 10 hours are pretty great if you ignore the shitty cutscenes and dialogue. after that it declines, and then once you get the flying module the whole fucking thing falls apart.

massive disappointment after the incredible xenoblade.

>Flying was bad meme

>I didn't foolishly claim that my opinions are facts.

You don't need to preface everything you say with "in my opinion." He said them and they were opinions; you can connect the dots on your own.

>entertainment is objective

Disagree with me all you want, sugartits, but don't throw a 'tism fit when we don't find the same things entertaining.

I enjoyed the ground combat quite a bit (enough to play the game long enough to accidentally beat it and hunt rare monsters), but every time I was forced to get into my skell I thought I was going to fall asleep.

But I used spoilers........

>Nothing about the Skell combat was boring.
Nice opinion, but it's subjective and I disagree.

There's objectivity and subjectivity. Objectively the combat with Skells is not boring. You can say it wasn't as fast as ground combat with Overdrive, but it definitely was not boring.

Now that's autism.

I liked flying. I don't at all see the problem with it.

>You will be the only true Xeno fan who loves Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade and Xenoblade X.

>Eagerly waiting the reveal of Xenoblade NX

It hurts

I liked all of them, too. Except for Xenosaga 1-2. They were alright. 2 > 1

Flying was fine but they could have refined it mechanically
>Make it so it activates by pressing jump mid-air so you can still do normal skell jumps
>Make it so the flying theme only kicks in if you fly above a certain height or over a certain amount of time

You are in for a SHITTY rpg.

And then wondering why the robot combat sucks so much

I absolutely agree that they should have kept the jumps, and as annoying as the frequent music changes are, they don't ruin the game.

>Subjectively the combat with Skells is not boring
Fixed that for you, friend.

I like those I played, which means everything but saga. I'm also pretty hype to see what Monolith does next, but I hope it's a direct-ish sequel to X or a prequel about Elma on her home planet

>something can be objectively entertaining

This is like the third XBCX thread I've ever posted in, and yet each one is somehow filled with more spergs and inexperienced bait than the last.

A great world to explore which is full of MM-tier side quests but the downside is a mediocre main story and slightly monotonous skell combat.
It's not absolute shit, but it doesn't live up to the story of the first game. And considering the story of the first game was top notch, that was a big ask.

>Objectively the combat with Skells is not boring.

No, subjectively it is or isn't boring.

Whether something is boring or interesting is one of the most subjective things you could say about it.

the wii xenoblade game is very ebin. dunno about that one but my guess is its gooood

Ganglion motives weren't advanced until the last chapter. Story would have been much better if they had been revealed around half way through.

>it feels like it was intended as an opportunity for the dev team to work on the engine, but not actually make a game

Except it wasnt "intended", the devs came out and admited so.
They WANTED to make a jrpg focused on open world and less focused on plot. And thats exactly what Xenoblade X is.
Monolith Soft went full retard and tried to make a game like wrpg like Skyrim and Witcher 3, and this abomination is what we got.

I feel you man, when i read all these people saying X's story was good i am literally spreading my eyes wide open in shock, what the fuck is going on with today's video game industry ?
If people are actually satisfied with XCX's story it's time to move on from consoles guys, the future is doomed

That really is beautiful.

I would play that so hard if the characters didn't look like animatronically fitted taxidermized inbred potato farmers.

A game that you won't finish

It's not part of the story, stop selling it huge to a prospective player. It's really not very integral at all. Sorry that you're such a huge fanboy that you're blinded to the actual quality of the game.

And we're going to suffer the same fate with Breath of the Wild.

You do know you will be looking at their asses 90% of the time and can wear helmets.

I poorly worded it, but a plot twist changes the way you understood the plot up to that point. That didn't happen. Might as well say landing on an alien planet was a plot twist. No. It's just part of the plot.

This XCX thread compared to yesterday is like night and day.

Their asses don't look much better.

The kids got back from school user, what did you expect?

This user got it.
Exactly my thoughts after finishing the game.
Even the part about playing Chronicles and forgetting X exists.

A good game but not as good as Xenoblade Chronicles

At least i resold my used collectors edition so playing this didn't really cost me anything, but man it was such a letdown, the exploring was pretty nice tho

ok Jaewong

Too animu the lot of them.

Xenoblade Chronicles gameplay is Brawl
Xenoblade Chronicles X gameplay is Melee

>Xenogears and Saga
>having anything to do with Xenoblade and Xenoblade X

They have Xeno in the name, dumbass. Thats all.

Good tier complex RPG mechanics
Bad tier story.
GOD tier exploration and world design.

Enjoy the ride.

Spotted the filthy casual

I'm kind of amazed how badly they botched it.

Xenoblade Chronicle's faces certainly looked better, and I can't think of a character generator in recent times that made faces that looked as bad as this.

You see them in dialogue, though. And it's pretty much everyone's face, not just yours.

and everyone can wear helmets your point

Most probably yes.
The bigger the map is the less content there will be.

>I would play that so hard if the characters didn't look like animatronically fitted taxidermized

They tell you why they look like robots.

who bought the limited edition and then sold it when you realized it was a mediocre game?

I don't generally like dialogue options like that, but in XCX it was pretty well handled. I also liked the affinity system, how certain team mates would agree with certain dialogue options.

>Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade X
>having anything to do with Xenoblade Wii

fixed

Only retards I figure.

sucks to be you

>I can't think of a character generator in recent times that made faces that looked as bad as this.
Oblivion?

why? i hated the fucking ending and the combat to ME was worse than XC, i traded my wii u for a ps4 when i finished it so there was no point in holding a game that i hated, hell that was the reason i bought the damn wii u

I am actually selling it along with my Wii U tomorrow partly because of this thread
You guys made me realise gaming is over and i'm never buying a console again

I bought the limited edition and then kept it because I loved the game and spent hundreds of hours playing it. I still boot it up from time to time.

I also bought pic related but haven't put it together yet because I'm just too lazy.

Also, I sincerely hope you sold that to someone directly and didn't enable the Gamestop jews.

That was 10 years ago, man.

>pic related

whoops, forgot pic.

>combat to ME was worse than XC
>i traded my wii u for a ps4

I don't think "you can hide it" is a good excuse for bad looking faces, and most of them start off with their faces revealed.

Oblivion came out ten years ago, though. It's bad, but it's not recent.

It's really the only thing thats as bad that I could think of.

a fantastic game, up until the end, at which point you are in for disappointment especially if you played the first one

I almost took the bait user up to where you said "ending".

yeah i sold it to another guy so np there, i loathed the city music too
and i dodged a fucking bullet there, at least the ps4 has a future cant say the same about the wii u.
What passes for an ending there breh, im not trolling

You can do it, user.

Just chip away at it every day. Painting it might be a different story though.

>at least the ps4 has a future

atleast put some effort user

I mean, Wii U is getting discontinued for the NX.

I like Formula, but I hate that color scheme. We will never get Wels, why live.

returning the wii u was reasonable
buying a ps4 was not.

You are in for I THINK EVEN MY COOKING GOT BETTER XD
And also WE ARE GOING TO COOK TATSU XD

Every
Single
Fucking
Time

A fantastic game

150 of which spent mindlessly farming tickets for the OHKO Skell

Wrong, that only took 10 hours.

We kamen?

What's the combat like? I tried to like Xenoblade Chronicles a lot, but couldn't stand the awful fight system so I never finished it. Is this game much of an improvement or just more of the same?

That is literally impossible my man.
When i say OHKO Skell it includes every gem, every augment, every weapon to equip.
It took me 50-60 hours iirc

It's an improvement but if you didnt like XC's then you wont like X's.

I got the Ares 90 really easily. I had a buttload of tickets just from playing the game normally so I bought all of the rarest materials and had my big black Skell in no time.

But now I want augments for it, and I really want a Lailah Queen, but I don't want to grind a thousand years for them. If they didn't have all that online shit I wouldn't mind it as much.

for one, you can run and jump while in combat, you couldn't even do that in XC. You can target different body parts and break them to disable certain arts.

The cooldowns are much faster, the qte's are faster, there are actual combos.

Overall just a lot faster and more flexible.

>300+ hours of game time.
>Running around aimlessly for materials
>Lin & Tatsu
>Elma being the spotlight character the entire time
>Situations that could've been solved through a different way.
>Skell way later into the game.
>Nobody liking your opinions.
>Farming for a lot of shit
>Waiting for a lot of shit.
>Nopons, Blue guy, Squeaky "Geniuses", Thundercats, Chozo aliens.
>Lots and Lots of running around for most of the game until you get the skell/option to Fast Travel
>DUDE TATSU IS FOOD LMAO
>Fighting other humans because they're racist towards xenos (mainly Ma-non)
>Music not as good as Xenoblade Chronicles but has some good tracks.
>Story seems weaker than Xenoblade Chronicles
>Jumping improved from XC IIRC.

Can you get japanese dub through loadiine?

Yeah the Ares 90 is piss easy to get and really fun to use againt the big Telethia (cant remember his name)
And the 9.99M dmg Skell is actually 2 skells combined so it's a lot
The lack of story truly holds me back from replaying this game, a shame

Not sure, all I did for my character was increase bust via XCXGecko

Oh then, nevermind.

In XC, you feel like a string tethered you to battle. You have to press B to even escape combat and can't simply run a way. Heck you can even run, or jump.

XCX doesn't have any of those limitations.

I'm actually waiting for the OSU exploit, I hear that will allow region free

The best open world in video games.

The game itself has plenty of flaws, but the positives make up for the negatives in spades.

i hope they release a verus model too. the formula is really cool

"We'll put a sock in them!"

Why was he so perfect?

story isn't weaker, it's just not as in your face as the previous game.
The themes of the story are way more interesting than those of the first Xenoblade.
It's very similar to the original Ghost in the Shell movie in that regard.

>that xeno list

You forgot the garbage eaters

youtube.com/watch?v=tTEQOdrSf6Y

L was a fag.

I probably would have liked him if he had a more central role to the story like they initially planned.

>yfw L'cirufe is an anagram for Lucifer

>Chozo aliens
You're thinking of Luminoths dumdumb, Chozos are birds.

Why is there so little porn of this game?

Non-anime graphics.

I don't truly know, but it makes me sad. Same goes for the first Xenoblade.

That artist who drew for Wild Arms V has drawn some Melia porn and I guess will draw Chronicles X porn in her sketches compilations.
Maybe she drew some Fiora too.
She definitely drew Dunban and Shulk though.

>Nintendo WiiU gets a SINGLE jrpg
>maximun hype because Xenoblade Chronicles
>its complete shit

What did he mean by this

Censorship.

>melia porn
You best not be lying. that stuff is rarer than gold

now hand it over

I really, really loved this game. The exploration is nothing I have seen before in any video game. The world is truly 10/10.

The mechs ruined a lot of the exploration though.

What do the different weights even do? I'm 107 hours in and still don't know that, or what thermal damage is.

Artist name is Shuhan if I remember correctly, anyway if you google the bame if the Wild Arms V artist you will find her
Doujin circle is something like "article 60 of criminal code"
She has been making porn doujins since ever, both yaoi and straight, adult and lolicon
Her (albeit few) Melia pics can be found in her doodle collections, called something like RaKuGaKi
It's all on sadpanda, so if you're bored, you can sit through the pages of those doujins hoping to find the Melia porn
I guarantee you it exists along with the Shulk and Duban porn, you just gotta search in the RaKuGaKi doujins... It was Melia fingering herself standing up and some nudes, and maybe a blowjob? I don't remember, I only saved the gay ones for shitposting

>That artist who drew for Wild Arms V has drawn some Melia porn and I guess will draw Chronicles X porn in her sketches compilations
who where

Fuel consumption, fuel tank size, and HP poll all tend to increase for the heavier skells, evasion decreases

>I only saved the gay ones for shitposting
>for shitposting
sure user

Different HP, TP, fuel, evasion etc. Every model has its own built-in armor mods, stat distribution and overdrive. Thermal is just an 'element' like physical or beam.

The weights of the skells are explained in the game, I'm pretty sure. Light have more evasion, and use less fuel but have less maximum fuel. Heavy have less evasion but much higher defenses, and use more fuel but have higher maximum fuel. The mid-weights are balanced out and have twice the GP.

Thermal damage is one of the different types of damage, and is strong against most humanoid enemies. Think of it like type advantages in any other JRPG.

I'm back and not surprised at the responses. How do the sidequests do world building right? I've done a good chunk of them throughout the chapters and the only remotely interesting piece of lore was the factional divide between the two lughead brute clans. Add a smidge of racism here and there, but otherwise they were just fetchquests with alien race flavor.

In short:
Light: High evasion, low def, low fuel
Medium: Okay evasion, okay def
Heavy: Low evasion, high def, high fuel
Every skell also has a different Overdrive with different effects like high Potential/faster cooldowns/more evasion/more damage, etc.

>do sidequests
>recruit new races
>get more insight into the workings of Mira
>NLA and some areas change through sidequests
>this is somehow not world building
okay

I'm honest cuz I'm not into those two, if it were Reyn it would be another thing though
Anyway, I'm going to the troubles of finding the exact doujin and pages, so if you wait a bit, you'll have it

>responding to such low-quality shitposting as a complaint about the nature of game quests

I would look for it myself if it wasn't 99% yaoi shit

>Reyn
>Not Dunban or Lao's tight leather trousers
What kind of self respecting homo are you?

Xenoblade Chronicles porn from the Wild Arms V Artist, Fujimoto Hideaki
g.e-hentai.org/g/570036/b1b8762603/ page 39, Shulk and Dunban
g.e-hentai.org/g/570036/b1b8762603/ page 69, Melia fingering (alongside a not porn... Momo?)

There is at least one more picture, and has Melia with her tits out, and in the same page there are other Xeno girls lewds, but I can't find it.

If you like Marge, she did a whole doujinshi with her and Bart.

It's not very good world building considering how long the game is and what the takeaway is. We dont know the inner workings of mira at all other than it being a planetary google translate. The aliens decide to all clump into one city on the planet, and even then NLA doesn't expand or get new neighborhoods (I think everybody conveniently lives in the ma-non ship). Most of the aliens don't even get the main story spotlight except for the ma-nons.

If this is good then xenoblade did world building even better and it can be considered stand alone.

THAT'S IT? YOU MADE ME WADE THROUGH ALL THOSE PENISES JUST FOR THAT?

thanks my man

wow it's fucking nothing.

I'm sorry user. I will try to find the last page there is. Though you have to admit she draws nice titties.

True, but at what cost, user?

All these weird thoughts in my head now are your fault!

It's something. She drew full doujins for Gears and Saga, as I mentioned, so if you are interested, they're there

ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR

how much of a faggot are you

Hey, she draws really nice looking willy's. Not sure why a girl would draw so much gay porn though

for the same reason a guy draws tits and lesbians

yeah but two guys having sex is super gay

Underwhelming after XC, there's a lot of good things about it but you have to look at it like more of a sandbox game and not really focus too much on the main story since it sucks pretty badly.
Side missions are probably the best part of it, and the sense of progression has really good flow, going from being a shitter to flying mechs and slowly get to explore more of the planet.

that's the beauty of it

Did you give up or start masturbating

I gave up. I don't find Shuhan's porn attractive.
It might be on her pixiv, so I will check there.

Anyone here venturing into making Mim pilot figures or something for their model kits?

I would be fine with assembling it but painting sounds like a massive pain in the ass and once you fuck up what do you do

Some models aren't really pre-painted but the different parts come in different colors, like that one, I have one myself and aside from minor decal details it's pretty accurate to the game so there's no need to paint it.

g.e-hentai.org/g/809210/a23822c800/
I fucking found it. It's just a bonus in this Xenogears doujinshi
It's also just a pixelated pus... I am sorry, the blowjob was from another picture and it was not Melia, but her art is all samey
I hate my memory
The worst part is that I remember there being at least one picture where her tits are out but I am probably confusing it for something else

Also have this stupid potato also from Shuhan, who weirdly enough drew no X porn even if she filled the whole frontier nav up to completion

It has one (1) doujin, which is more than XB ever got but less than the other two Xeno games.

It was a cliffhanger. There was an unanswered question with a few quick, after-credits scenes meant to raise questions for more material. You're the most contrarian faggot in the world and should seek the quickest end physically possible.

thank you for keeping the search up
and you're right, she does draw nice tits

This game is literally "Stupid Anime Bullshit" the game, which is a fucking huge disappointment coming from Xenoblade Chronicles. If you are a turbo-fag that enjoys going to your middle school's anime club then you will enjoy the stale humor and dull, basic, and retarded story, and cringe inducing characters and music. The only thing this game has going for its concepts that if were given to an actually competent developer would've been made for a better game. Fuck this game, it doesn't deserve the xeno name, let alone the xenoblade name. Mira looks nice though.