Games that exceeded your expectations / that lived up to the hype

Games that exceeded your expectations / that lived up to the hype.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r0fOj5NtU1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Too wordy.

Yeah

Undertale.
Just kidding.

I genuinely thought it was going to be trash.

And I started it in the evening.
It was dawning exactly the moment I finished the game.

Not only was the game absolutely mindblowing, the fact that it did in fact take exactly 1 night to play through and ended with dawn in the game just as it was dawning IRL also blew my mind.

Masterpiece, definitely a game I'd like to erase my memory of so I could play it again.

Wow fuck, you got me

>went in knowing nothing except "that one guy from the Ace Attorney games" is making it
>get one of my favorite games of all time

This, but unironically.

I played the demo when it first came out, I thought it was alright, interesting concept, and I put it in the back of my mind.

Saw a Cred Forums thread a couple years later when the full game came out. Didn't read the thread, pirated it instantly, played it all the way through,

And then I bought it on steam

Are shooters too shooty for you?
Platformers too jumpy?
Racers too fast?

youtube.com/watch?v=r0fOj5NtU1g

>yfw it's Takumi himself doing the dance

I never finished it.

The first Dead Space blew me away. I'll never forget my first playthrough. I miss having a nice gaming pc.

Most recently, Furi. Amazing game.

Go read a book.

By your logic you should also go to a shooting range instead of playing FPS or go drive your car instead of playing racing games.

Kill yourself.

What he said. I knew it'd be be good, not THAT good though.

While I wasn't totally amazed with Furi I liked it enough to Platinum it. What's your fastest run time?

Yeah I got my platinum a few nights ago. It's amazing to me that we're two out of only 750 people that got the platinum. It wasn't that hard and a lot of fun. Furier S rank run was my last trophy. I've done three speed runs clocking in at 1:36, 1:15, and 0:59. You?

>play against little cousin in MvC3
>pick wright's ghost detective outfit which gives Maya a recolor too
>little cousin goes "OH IT'S APOLLO AND ATHENA"

I was pretty nervous that it would take a while to get an S on Furier but it only took me two tries. Definitely wasn't that hard. People need to play more SHMUPs.
I even died at least 10 times against The Edge in that run so my last trophy was Untouchable.
Best run is 0:54:16. Yours aren't in minutes and seconds right?

I just beat that a little over a week ago, I'm so glad I played it, it was super great.

The Line and The Scale were the most frustrating Furier mode bosses for me. I did one run just to see all the bosses and then got S on my second try too. Yeah minutes definitely. The top ranked players have 34 minutes and 18 hits total. Absolutely crazy.

I got my untouchable and -5:00 boss kill trophies fighting the Edge actually. Try him on practice mode. You can beat him in about two minutes if you parry every attack and slash at him to cancel his radius attack. I couldn't dodge it for anything in Furier mode.

i really liked ghost trick a lot
the ending twist about who sissel really is kinda disappointing me but it was a well executed twist i never saw coming

Videogames are too videogamey.

I just listened to The Line's advice and took it slow to beat his bullshit. As for the scale, avoiding his final phase was the only real hard part again. Favorite boss on Furier was The Song. Loved how she could use every attack at pretty much any time.

Yup practice mode is how I had to do it. Although it still took me forever to perfectly murder his arrogant ass.

I'm sure we could get times in that range if we tried hard enough but I'm satisfied with my time.

He's memeing. that's a quote from the IGN review

How dare they create a story.

bought it the week it came out. glad i did. too bad it sold like aids tho.

bump

When I was but a wee 10-year-old, I read a lot of magazines and such that hyped up pic related, as though it were THE ultimate JRPG to save the genre once and for all
I even remember having a demo disc with hilariously poorly-translated enemy names and beta versions of disjointed cutscenes, and I hailed it like the Messiah

Then it came out, and I played it with wildly high expectations. And it fulfilled all of them.

It and its GCN port were mindless easy to break, but to this day it and Grandia do the adventure aspect better than anything else, and it's one of the few I can stand to replay regularly.

but no matter how many times I do, it'll never be quite the same as that first journey

MODS

MOOOOOT

somehow i don't even mind

Hell yeah, Ghost Trick did it for me.
Bloodborne was also amazing.
I'd say the game that exceeded my expectations the most was Kirby Robobot. I got it because I haven't played Kirby since SSU, and wanted to see how much the games improved. Robobot was so fucking good it made me to play through the entire Kirby series. My personal GOTY.

I thought I was getting a dumb third person action game
What I got was a dumb third person action that knew exactly what it was doing and managed to keep ramping up the ridiculousness and keep me entertained for 100 hours

These

I think it's a good thing actually.
This game will probably be ruined if they ever try and touch it again, it wraps up so perfectly I can't possibly imagine a sequel improving the experience.

Sometimes it's okay for a game to appear, be flawless and then fade away.

The scale fucked me up in his close encounter phases because I hadn't learned to cancel the swiping attacks yet. The Song was probably my hardest boss the first time around but she's definitely one of the most fun. Most enjoyably cheesy voice acting too.

One of the few games I bought based on Cred Forums recommendation. Now it's one of my all-time favorites.

i came to this thread to post this.

9/10. would explore the skies again.

Rainbow six siege

I really felt it did, been my favorite game for six years now. Over time I have able to see more wrong with it butvI still think it achieves something few games have done.

>but user, i hate SRPG. is it really that good?"
>"FUCKING PLAY IT BITCH! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING!"

it was a good game. better than i excepted.

but what really got me was the demon route with "FUCK GODS! NO MASTERS!" were you piss off the world so much, all the good guys and bad guys team up to stop you and gig. some characters became stronger people for it (odie) while others got fucked over. hard (thornedyk)

i remember seeing this game late 2003. i was simply blown away how "classic" the game looked while still having all these cool effects from the spell and arts you were using.

one of the few games i 100%. it was a time before youtube was really a thing so, replayed the game 9 times to see all the cut scenes and get everything. people complain about puzzles in tales games now but, i love them. and miss them now were they kinda gone.