nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/686/?
youtube.com/watch?v=AHMnWqszPO4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get all the nude mods and waifu mods

>fuck alistair mod

skip the fade mod

You can bet your ass i'm getting those

dog companion mod.

That's the one that makes dog a 4th companion isn't it?

Skip the Fade.
Character Respecialization.

Although you might want to play vanilla first.
Go through the fucking fade once to know why everyone hates it.

I know the terror of that cesspool

nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/15/?
Better textures

nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/1660/?
Nice armor for females

nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/647/?
Nice Grey Warden armor

nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/1390/?
Universal dye set. You guess it, lets you dye your gear.

Dragon Age Redesigned is a must have. Consider auto-loot, lock bash and character respecialization mods too.

You don't need anything else for gameplay or looks, unless you will go lewd.

I have no doubt it will lead to lewd

nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/816/?
nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/301/?
nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/664/?
nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/686/?

And you're good.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who hates the fade

The fade is not that bad.

It's okay the first time but loses its novelty quite quickly.

Because it is the same with every build.
Only the individual character rooms are interesting and the skip the fade mod cleverly still gives you them.

The main problem is that permanent stat increases are hidden there which is incredibly valuable and means you have to backtrack a lot.

>its another "apologize xD" episode
Fuck off.

>tfw no Dragon Age 4 yet

I know bro

Was Inquisition good?
After DA2 I didn't feel like playing Bioware games anymore.

Yes Inquisition was very good

DA:I was good, but I hated how they didn't conclude the story in its DLCs. Rather, the last DLC goes full "to be continued" mode, forcing the player to buy the next Dragon Age game if he wants to follow the story till the end.

I will buy DA4 anyway, just hate it when a book or a game leaves the story midway, fuck.

Depends what you're playing an RPG for and if you're okay with getting railroaded hard. If all you want is a skinner box with some story and dialogue you'll be fine but if you want a lot of RP freedom and story relevant side content you will hate this game.

I liked it for the story, sometimes they were a bit lazy on lore and such but it was alright.

Combat is horse shit tho. They wanted to make the game feel like a ARPG with mobs jumping all over the place yet their combat system is clearly made for targets that stand still or barely move.

I need to know if you guys also thought DA2 was good.

Because I liked Origins but hated DA2 so much.

I like the combat and characters but the story wasn't anything special and felt rather tedious at times

What should I drink to stay awake during this game?

Its just so bland and boring. I'm seriously trying my best to finish it.

i didn't play DA2

i drink darkspawn blood to keep me going through

Are there any mods that change up gameplay or overhaul the game in some way? After seeing this thread I'm considering another playthrough, but I want to freshen it up a little.

I've installed a nude mod
it works fine
this is progress

DA:O = masterpiece, 10/10
DA2 = disappointment, 6/10
DA:I = good Dragon Age game, 8-9/10

Its a stretch to call origins a masterpiece

Not in my opinion, no.

The artstyle is godamn horrible.

That's, like, your opinion, man.

DA:O a good game, not perfect but def. worth playing 8+!0
DA2 obvious rushjob with so many cuts it barely reasemles anything 4/10
DA:I grindy and tedious but also with lots of content, not a bad timewaster, 6/10

>3 races
>3 classes
>horrible skill tree
>worse graphics and sound than fucking NWN2
>horrendous dialogue
>EA
>DLC's up the butt
>masterpiece

wew lad

I agree because it implies perfection but can you name an RPG with the same range of RP options and still being voiced with cut scenes?

Nice list of meme insults

I'm actually so vanilla that i'm fine with playing a sword'n'board human or dagger/bow wielding elf. So as long as i can be anything from a lawful good doormat to a edgy red'n'black leather wearing orphan killer i'm happy, especially if those choices result in radically different responses from NPCs and companions.

>if those choices result in radically different responses from NPCs and companions.

They dont

Tis cold in my tent

They do

Every time you pull the murder knife you get different reactions from your companions and you depending who you got with you you'll even need to pass a speech check to avoid a big approval hit.

>speech check

You max out coercion pretty fast, not much of a check. More like just another dialogue option.

not just nude d waifu mods...but better sex scenes mod. holy shit the first time I saw I lol'd ...It's well done.

also get the better faces mod.

Maybe but at least it's there. ME and following DA titles all but completely abandoned their CRPG roots love for RP. You either get to be nice or less nice which sucks.

>You either get to be nice or less nice which sucks.

Its the same thing in DA. Especially during critical moments.

>joining
>cant tell Duncan to fuck off

I would love to fight, and probably lose because you're like level 4 at the time or something.

But instead you have to be a good boy and drink the piss when he just killed your companions. Wheres the RP in that?

The only place you actually have choices is some minor encounters and dialogues with nobodies. Nothing that matters story-wise.

>turning Morrigan into a clingy sentimental girl
Best part of Origins tbqh

You decide the outcome of every major conflict in Fereldan at the time.
I agree some of the choices are superficial but saying you have no decision making power is ridiculous.

So you'd rather the game just end FC4 style? You'd choose to fight with the others, get overrun and watch the credits?

What I'd rather is not the issue. The lack of choices is.

I actually like 2. It had better and more believable characters than 1 and 3 and even though the story was too short it was still pretty good.
If it hadn't been rushed for mass effect 3 it would have been a great sequel.

So you're bitching about choices you wouldn't pick just because they're not there? You'll never see me bitching about the lack of DMC style combat or a closeup of a landwhale getting a rimjob. I'm bitching about the terribly written internet age modern dialogue and the fucking ugly female love interests in the sequels.

>having an opinion is ''bitching''
>my opinion is more important than yours!

Sounds like modern ''internet age'' dialogue was written for people just like you! I'm surprised you didn't like it.

Maybe there's still hope for you.

You are a damned fool if you skip part of the game before playing it because somebody told you they didn't like it.

people who do that are the ideal Bioware fans

ignore the parts they dont like and claim the game was good anyway

I don't understand why people bitch about the fade. The attribute boosts aren't necessary to beat the game. The world won't end if you miss one or decide not to bother with them.

A lot of it felt unnecessary. the place you start out in and the companion things were cool, but that's it. Shapeshifting vs sloth crashed the game a lot too

Get the slap morrigan mod

also the unlocked tactics slot mod is good, cant believe they made you spend points for that shit.

Have some more blankets

>install advanced tactics
>set up tactics for every companion
>set up tactics for your own character
>get into combat
>watch the game play itself
i was having more fun that way than micro managing every character myself.

It's annoying how almost everything is tied to cunning too

For the most part tactics are shit no matter what you do, and are only good for tedious shit like health potions, or activating passives .

For anything other than fodder battles your still going to have to micromanage most of your shit.

Atleast if your playing nightmare and using the PC version.

I just wanted to fuck the gilf.

get these:
no ground rings
poligamey
AT Sten Face of Sacred Ashes
get leliana from Morrigan and Leliana Sacred Ashes Face Mod
get morrigan from Morrigan Concept Art Edition Redux
equal love
the icons project
madd gift guide
The attractive Wynne

that is all

Never saw the point of nightmare. Doesn't give you better gear, more xp, doesn't unlock different cut/dialogue scenes it's just more difficult. Already hated baby sitting my companions in the D&D games so i was happy that i could set up if then else tactics.

But.. thats the point of difficulty levels, to make the game harder or easier. If the game doesnt give me a challenge its hard to keep my attention. I like trying different strategy's to beat different situations and optimizing my builds.

Thats not to say the way you play is wrong, some people just like playing for the story and thats why they added options like storymode for mass effect 3.

Tactics will work well enough if you play on easy/normal

DA: O > DA3 > DA2

How do I make Warrior fun

skip the fade
dog summon
dog skill
leliana face change.

>wanting a new DA game

the series fucking died at origins. Inquisition was trash and the people at biowere cant write or do animation worth crap anymore.

>anymore

you're implying they did good with origins?

Go duel wield, but make sure you dont use the passive that allows you take attack with both weapons every attack, it stops all crits.

There is this mod that makes the 2h swings faster and AOE like in DA2.

where the fuck did you people come from? you clearly not from Cred Forums.

what specializations?

That sounds good too, dunno why it isn't like that already

far better than their newer titles.

youtube.com/watch?v=AHMnWqszPO4

Yeah but good luck finding it. Haven't modded/played the game in years and i have no idea what the mod is called or even if it's part of another. Could be Combat Tweaks. Dunno.

>DA2
>6/10

We are running off a scale that assumes 5/10 is average, right?
DA2 was like 3.5/10

Specializations arent too important for duel wield builds, but either templar if you want to be a little anti-mage or reaver for extra damage and survivability. Champion I always reserve for tank characters only.

2handing can also be really fun, your a bit weaker starting off but once you pump up strength and get the indomitable passive skill which stops you from getting stunned/knockdown you can turn into a beast. Also avoid using powerful swings ability early unless you want to miss almost every attack.

>lots of content
If collecting useless baubles to complete equally useless checklists counts as content, then sure

They're under several layers of irony user

>mfw I finished DA:O as a 2hand with over 100 strength

advanced tactix
rebalance two-handed skills
long hair for Alistair

So just bring morrigan and wynne for double haste action?

DA:I is like watching a dumb action film. Its fun enough if you don't think too much about it.

>be maxed out mage
>activate all the passive auras that do constant damage around you
>can't actually cast spells anymore because all the buffs require 99% of your mana upkeep
>doesn't matter because enemies around you just die
>combat now consists of running back and forth next to enemies until they drop dead
Man, mages were bullshit in that game. Especially since before you got that powerful you could just use Greasefire and CC to kill pretty much everything with minimal effort on Nightmare

Not actually having to use skills did make the game dull though.

so tru man

Double haste on anyone makes them powerful. I usually respec morrigan into a support/healer with the respec mod, just because I like her petty than wynne.

Mages are really powerful in DA.O so having 2 in your party will help with any challenging fights.

better*

Dragon Age Redesigned
Improved Atmosphere
Vibrant Colors
CharGenMorph Compiler
Morrigan Restoration
Lock Bash
JB3 textures
Morphs and More if you want a unique looking character

Definitely. I ran an Arcane Warrior + Blood Mage recently, fucked through everything. I dunno why, but with that character and my previous one now in Awakening I just don't feel like continuing with them

>was inquisition good

it is if you like a really really bad version of the witcher 3

imagine a single player MMO with a facebook management sidegame (side missions completed through sending minions on quests for arbitrary time lengths, can be cheated but is incredibly annoying to have to deal with)

80% of the game is time padded empty content, you have to grind materials for your base, which sounds interesting until you realise the resource collecting is pretty much WoW tier garbage.

There is no goddamn ending to the game either, they cocktease you with DLCs but then full on don't give you the ending until the next dragon age (EA milking it to the fullest extend)

Combat and gameplay is a joke compared to DA1 and even 2 had more tactically involved combat than this game, in this game you literally just become broken and OP as fuck, capable of oneshotting dragons if you build your class right removing most challenge from the game, mages get battlemage spec which full on makes them near immortal and allows you to win every fight spamming 1 button.

And please do not listen to Cred Forums and especially Cred Forums on whether or not you should spend your money on products by EA

especially when there's trolls like
ignoring the blatant flaws in the game so they have another guy to share the buyers remorse with

>b-b-but it's good

Dragon age 2 was trash, the companions and characters in DA:I are a definite improvement and are often genuinely likeable but not enough for me to recommend DA:I to you,

watch a youtube let's play so you're up to date with the story and hope DA4 doesn't suck is my suggestion

The problems are that it involves a lot of backtracking, gimmicks that get old and that practically every character plays it the same way.

ow and I forgot to mention the terrible sidequests that have you looking for really inane shit like wedding rings for random NPCs in random houses with barely any plot or story connected to it to give it any flavour.

To be honest the missions you send your dudes on via the command table sound more interesting than any of the side missions you play in the actual game.

The main story is fun but there's not enough of it since the game is as I said about 80% timepadded sidequests and even gated content

>next Dragon Age is as good as Origins, maybe a bit better, returning to the roots of the series, suggesting a change at BioWare
>however the company closes soon after release

Or

>BioWare starts making decent games again, but only decent, and continues living

>wedding rings for random NPCs in random houses with barely any plot or story connected

Exactly why it's called a singleplayer MMO. Even Witcher 3s side quests had you talking to characters, not just NPCs, they had their own motivations and personalities. Even tiny one-off characters that you'll never meet again had an interesting story to tell. In DA3 it's just go there and bring me this thing and that goes for nearly all the side and even some of the main story content.

>DA:O = masterpiece, 10/10
That's a bit much, don't you think?

>Skip the Fade.
>I'm glad i'm not the only one who hates the fade

What the fuck? Fade was comfy as fuck. The Deep Roads on the other hand...

The shapeshifting bits dragged on. Deep roads as well

I liked the deep roads, its got that classic dungeon crawl feel. It also reminds me of moria.

Why does every preset character have no fucking cheeks at all

SHOW ME HALLS OF MORIA.

Those choices have no impact whatsoever and often times you're so railroaded it barely registers when you do get a decision because you're so used to deciding x is bad

>>next Dragon Age is as good as Origins, maybe a bit better, returning to the roots of the series, suggesting a change at BioWare
>>however the company closes soon after release
This one desu.
I'd rather see the company die with some dignity.

They do but only in the ending slides. How would you implement those into the running game? You'd have to effectively double every bit of content depending on the choices you've made. You'd either end up with a 10 hour game that radically changes with your decisions or a 50 hour game that never comes out.

>you get to decide!
>you really dont though
>WELL FINE BUT IF YOU COULD IT WOULD MAKE THE GAME IMPOSSIBLE TO COME OUT!!!11oneoneone

so what is it? can you make choices or not?

Just trying to inject some amount of reality into your dream and mine of an RPG.

>be maxed out mage
>activate all the passive auras that do constant damage around you
>can't actually cast spells anymore because all the buffs require 99% of your mana upkeep
>activate blood magic

Now you're thinking with portals

The Fade was okay, but that shit hurts my eyes. I even played a Mage.

It's ok, it's certainly better than DA2, not that that means anything. It's not as good as Origins but if you just want to play more Dragon Age give it a go.

No one liked DA2.

I'd liked it if they had just released it as the second expansion to Origins like they planned to. It also had some nice ideas which fit the smaller location quite well but the second you leave the city the game just turns to shit and for a full price sequel the story just isn't fleshed out enough especially not since it's supposed to span a full fucking decade.

I think everything about Dragon Age was shit except for the Qunari section of the game, the only likeable characters i remember are Varric and the knight lady captain you meet at the start of the game. The story is completely retarded and every character in it is an idiot(special commendation goes to Anders and Orsino), Kirkwhall is a shit city, the reused levels/caves/whatever are completely atrocious, the graphics and art design were atrocious(those awful skeleton hands and the new darkspawn in particular were just shit), you can only play as a human, and the combat was dumbed down because AWESOME BUTTON.

That's just what i can remember, the only things i can remember liking are Varric and that the new mage animations were cool. And the Meredith was right memes.

I was mostly talking about the basic premise(refugee arrives, has to get by, goes from event to event, basically a very personal rags to riches story that spans over 10 years) that i liked about the game. Seeing the city change as the events unfold, leaders come and go, characters getting older and change over the years. All that would have, if done properly, been amazing to watch and a real breath of fresh air in a genre that was always so dominated by save-the-world plots.

Well, in that case yes, i also liked the premise.

Why are people in Dragon Age's heads so weirdly shaped. Like the upper part of the head is too thin or eyes too close together

They probably outsource dragon age to some shit company in Singapore

The graphical quality in 2 just looks so downgraded. Lighting also seems a lot worse too, colors just look weird

I don't know what you're talking about

Fucking EA

In Bioware's "defense" it's probable that most of the problems with DA2 were because EA forced them to rush the game.

How effective is adrenaline as an anesthetic?

extremelly

For you.

Its a good think they didnt force DAI and it turned out amazing!

oh wait...

At least it's not DA 2.

Considering that DA3 was more or less mixed, its likely it will end up like Dead Space
>Yeah we'll make a 4th one... someday... hey want more Star Wars?!

Thats not very comforting

1 didnt look good either, you simply expected too much from 2

Would you rather it be DA 2 then?

>dream RPG

just give me a good NWN3

Its not that much better than 2.

They had the freedom to do whatever they wanted and they went for an offline MMO.

I'd rather play .hack again

Not really, While Origins didn't look great 2 looked worse.

Then put on some clothes bitch, we're literally in one of the coldest part of the continent and your bitch ass is going around a bra and a hankerchief, for fuck's sake I ain't got time to babysit your bitch ass, go get your mommy to eat your souls so I can get some proper pussy from a woman that knows how to fucking dress, jesus.

I like to blame that on the misconception that people who play party-based RPGs want "action" gameplay. I don't know if that's also EA's fault for trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator, or if Bioware went full retard.

Then again, I don't know if they would have made quests and story better if they had focused less on making a mediocre action game.

That did have different problems though. Namely they couldn't decide whether it should be an action game or a real time with pause game, tried to do both and successfully did neither.

Do you think DA4 will go more into dwarf lore? 2 was nonexistent and 3 barely had any save for Hissing Grounds and random caves, but explained very little

I hope 4 does more with the dwarves and the Imperium vs Qunari desu