Can you please recommend me some immersive, single-player pc games? Doesn't matter what genre or setting

Can you please recommend me some immersive, single-player pc games? Doesn't matter what genre or setting.

TIS-100

Metro series

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Witcher 3

Far Cry 2

Dragon's Dogma

literally played all of them
i said games not whatever this is

It's a puzzle game. You only get like 10 commands to use and you have to figure out how to output very complicated solutions using very simple commands.

Dead Space 1+2

seems about as fun as stabbing my testicles with a pencil

Original Thief games
System Shock 2
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Penumbra
Max Payne
F.E.A.R.

I74FH-QYAMJ-DELHV

Ultima IV

Hyperlight Drifter

Why don't you do the gene pool a favour and test that theory?

Call of Duty or checkers is probably about as much as you're capable of then.

Gonna recommend what I recommended in the last thread:
Pathologic
The Void
Miasmata
Alien: Isolation
Cryostasis
Vietcong
STALKER games
The Witcher games
Morrowind
Gothic 1/2
Penumbra: Overture and Black Plague
Thief 1/2
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
System Shock 2
Mirror's Edge
Subnautica
Elite: Dangerous (if you are into that sort of thing)

Based.

Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 are like $1.50 each on Steam. Been getting a lot of fun out of those recently.

>Vietcong

Dark tunnel simulator. Such a waste of an otherwise exceptional FPS, if a bit linear.

The tunnels account for roughly 4% of the game's full actual run-time. It's just that they are so damn traumatizing that it's all that everybody remembers in the end.

Enjoy.

what game it was?

LISA
I
S
A

Guise all he wants is triple A force fed trash, while he uses minimal button input.

System Shock 2.

Is Pathologic actually good or is it just the atmosphere?

newfag

I love everything about this game except for the actual act of playing it.

LISA is a boring ass "game"

pathologic is a meme, it's insufferable to play

I won't argue that.

But I'll be damned if people shouldn't play it anyway.

>tfw SpaceChem and TIS-100

Then sense of satisfaction those games give is incredible.

What are some other games that give you a massive sense of satisfaction like that? The only thing that comes close that I can think of is Monster Hunter.

>Is Pathologic actually good or is it just the atmosphere?
Well... that is hard to answer. It's easily the best story and storytelling and setting I've ever seen in a videogame, and the gameplay is designed to compliment those amazing narrative elements.
That said, the game is clunky, frustrating, incredibly slow, unfair and lacks basically any gratifying mechanics. It's not mechanically shallow: the resource management, health and survival mechanics, trading and time management can be pretty damn fucking taxing, but they are rarely satisfying, in fact they are just another level of ways the game is trying to screw with you.

Most of the time in the game you'll spend walking through a maze-like city and talking to people, or avoiding incredibly clunky and frustrating combat. And dying, at least in the first few days, of the sniffles.

It's not a fun game. I'd say it's good in that it actually utilizes the medium to enhance and tell the story instead of being little more than an interactive gallery: it makes the player relevant and the game mechanics part of the storytelling for sure. But it's not fun: it's depressing, frustrating, exhausting, unkind and unintuitive.

But my god is it immersive.

When is that remake coming out, or is there any mods that fix it?

Any and all Silent Hill games. Even the bad ones.

I also always get immersed with Darkest Dungeon. Don't know why.

>When is that remake coming out,
In a little over a year (late fall 2017) and I doubt it's going to really be any friendlier or more "fun" than this one is. It may be less clunky (although not even that is guaranteed) but the harshness and inherently anti-fun nature of the game is pretty integral to it, so I doubt they are really going to change that.

>or is there any mods that fix it?
Nope. Take it is it is, or leave it.