Doom 4

Is there a mod that turn off stagger and glory kills for enemies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A-tCdOaJYas
youtu.be/zZMg9ryeWOw
youtube.com/watch?v=loSj5Iy1OOs
youtube.com/watch?v=xsK6J7NtdkU
youtube.com/watch?v=LhIS4FdS7co
youtu.be/btG4P0_hhJg
youtube.com/watch?v=WUCeqLW8l6o
youtube.com/watch?v=12d0ceeGMHc
reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/4n8apu/mod_no_glory_kills_and_other_general_mod_info/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Doom 4
>mods

lmao

What? Doom 1 & 2 have plenty of mods

Because back then devs didn't realize some faggot in his mother's basement can make their game better than they ever could.

You can just choose to never use glory kills if you want.

It uses Denuvo.

No mods for you son.

The stagger is kind of bothersome but having enemies stop rushing you if only for a brief moment can be a lifesaver. The whole glory kill mechanic thing is alright.

Also stop wasting ammo on zombies you fool. Just melee them or save them for completing "kill X amount of demons under Y seconds" weapon challenges.

Doom 4 does not have any kind of modding support right now because of Denuvo.

Could change in the future as MGSV has a launcher now for mods and it uses Denuvo.

It's a shame, the game was quite fun but it has some definite problems and it'd have some fun mods.
But
>Denuvo
Ruins everything again

Just turn it off in the options you fag

How do you turn off staggering do tell

Demons get tired when you put enough shells into them, get over it

And then stop being tired after a few seconds and regenerate all of their health?

Do you want to fix your problem or are you trying to bait?

>regenerate all of their health
you fucking what dude

Why the fuck are you not killing them?

THEN KILL THEM BEFORE THEY RECOVER YOU IDIOT

ALSO THEY DON'T RECOVER THEIR HEALTH, THEY JUST GO BACK TO ATTACKING YOU

If you leave something staggered for long enough, it'll just get its health back.

>all these people who think Denuvo prevents modding

denuvo is used to stop piracy and only that. the reason there's no mods is cause there's no official modding tools, retards.

Right, I forgot that you can't mod any game unless there's official modding tools
youtube.com/watch?v=A-tCdOaJYas

yeah no that's not how it works
even if it does why the fuck would you just leave the enemy staggered there instead of shooting it

Unlock some more runes and you will appreciate glory kills.
>tfw Rich Get Richer and Armored Offensive

in higher difficulties and at certain points even in hurt me plenty, there will be times where you will rely on glory kills for ammo
they say you can ignore them, but the game is built around them

lmao dood
If an imp staggers at 20% hp, it doesn't recover all of its life, they just wake up and go back to attacking you and you need to shoot the remaining 20% hp.

I never said it weren't possible although it obviously makes things much easier to accomplish.

The game becomes stupidly easy when you cutscene kill. Ammo and health is not a concern, even on UV.

if you max ammo first then you won't ever have a problem

since this is technically a doom thread, here the first official release of a song youtu.be/zZMg9ryeWOw

>I'm retarded and don't know shit about what I'm talking about

Denuvo encrypts the entire game installation so you cannot mod it because you have no files to replace individually e.g. maps, scripts, textures etc.

You cannot mod a game when you have nothing but a massive load of seemingly garbage data.

That's literally what the chainsaw is for.
And the BFG is limited in ammo not for you to break the game but to punish you if you hit too few targets with it.

Use them both, absolutely zero ammo problems especially since the chainsaw spews so much fucking ammo, you're basically using gasoline to buy ammo packs.

alright, so why are there still no mods now that denuvo has been cracked, smart guy? because it's not the problem, fuckface.

Which is frustrating if you're trying to avoid that.
on UV it feels like you have to do it at least sometimes or else you're shit out of luck because ammo and health drops suck since the game wasn't built around that style of play.

Mick Gordon da god
youtube.com/watch?v=loSj5Iy1OOs

Can't believe there wasn't an OST with the game.

Are there any mods that give the shotguns actual significant range?

Yeah, the grenade launcher.

Disappointing

Because it hasn't been cracked, smart guy.

>People who bought the game and played it to death
>People who waited several months down the line for the crack
>Now it's cracked so you can dupe Denuvo into loading the decrypted files to play
>This means the files are left decrypted to mod with

Full. Retard.
Plus it turns out modding a brand new shiny engine that has no modding support and no mapper for modders who can't into scripting means very few will even attempt to mod Doom let alone the fact too few people are going to crack their legitimate copies to make it worthwhile.

Turn off the indicator and stop using it
Faggot

Use the rocket launcher.

it is getting one. that's why there's a 02.
no dates though, and its a shame it wasn't on release

How do you turn off staggering do tell

yes it has, dipshit. no, I don't mean bypassed, literally fucked cracked.

Just use the rune that speeds up all the glory kill animations.

You really are this stupid, arent you?

Is there a mod that makes the regular shotgun not garbage outclassed by the SS in every way

I said the indicator you fucking retard

>denuvo encrypts files

now you're literally pulling shit straight out of your ass. denuvo prevents tampering with the exe file and nothing more, it does not encrypt files, idiot. learn yourself something.

Can you read OP's question?

What's wrong with glory kills?

Right, sure. Literally cracked. I guess you can link me to a download for Doom's files then? I'll get right to modding them.

>Is there a mod that turn off glory kills for enemies?
yes, it's called options

Honestly, Mick's work was mediocre. Most of the OST is either just noise or excessive guitar shredding. Very few songs have a "melody" to take note of like the originals had, and even then those good parts are hidden between heaps of noise.

I mean compare this

youtube.com/watch?v=xsK6J7NtdkU

To this

youtube.com/watch?v=LhIS4FdS7co

Flesh & Metal has a great beat to it at the beggining, but then it devolves into unintelligible noise.

They're too violent. I'm supposed to be the good, guy, literally torturing your enemies before you kill them makes me feel bad.

not op but i don't like how glory kills are forced on the player
you can turn off the highlights but animations are still there
it should be fully optional

>DOOM 4's Doomguy
>Good guy
He doesn't have a moral compass, he just wants to kill demons.

They are fully optional. You can just not do them, and the "stagger" animations are there to give you the feedback that your weapons actually have some stopping power. It's rather satisfying.

>the pacing of the entire game is ruined for the sake of a dumb mechanic they tried to shoehorn in to appeal to brutaldoom kids, but just get over it :^)
What a fucking trainwreck of a game.

That nigga peaced out quick after this post.

No, because there´s no mods.
The game´s all around lukewarm, shit-filled piss, hyped by literal shills and underaged consolikids who´ve let their heads rot with a decade worth of Cowadooteh games.

Not much else to do when you're blown the fuck out.

>enemies stopping dead in their tracks and leaving themselves open with the same animation time and time again
>satisfying
Anyone who likes NuDoom has never played a good first person shooter before.

doom has been literally cracked for weeks, dumbass. this has been known for some time. are you seriously implying that it's not?

>Find the Icon of Sin
>"HE MUST NOT REACH THE CRUCIBLE"
>Jump down
>Imps fighting Cacodemons
>Cacodemons fighting Mancubi
>Mancubi fighting Revenants
>Revenants fighting Imps
If the Icon of Sin had a free arm he'd be pinching the bridge of his nose at his minions' stupidity.

Good person, we don't know what doom person identifies as.

Did you use the Plasma Rifle throughout the entire game or something? Most other weapons are so strong that they'll blow past the stagger damage threshold.

Wait wow, really? It's fully cracked and the DRM is removed? Well that's a relief, I guess people can mod it now that you can access the files. Right?

I mean there's no denying the core flow changed from Doom to D44M and it may be kind of stupid if you wanted that pure Doom vision. But in terms of slowly accepting it, it's pretty much on par with Doom level design going from classic Doom to "huge flat plane with a million enemies and fans love it" and that makes stagger state not as jarring in comparison. I'll take Painkiller arenas over shitty Doom flat land kill boxes any day.

Because those cracks don't remove Denuvo.

>those jaggies
MY EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

sure but it would take time without proper modding tools as stated earlier. go on, keep acting like you know how this shit works as you've already made it evident enough by your spiel about file encryption that you know absolutely nothing.

>and the "stagger" animations
it's probably some autism thing but it just really bugs me
>enemies stopping dead in their tracks and leaving themselves open with the same animation time and time again
this, i hate it

I finished both DOOM 1 and 2 long before playing the new one, and I'm enjoying it.

I don't know if you're parroting opinions or if you're expecting nuDoom to play like Quake or something.

So I downloaded the CPY release and it can't even start. I said fuck it and got it on PS4.

They don't regenerate their health you faggot

This has to be a bait thread

>A GAME CAN'T BE FLAWED IT'S EITHER GOTYAY OR GARBAGE TRASH AND YOU'RE ALL NUMALE KEKS SJWS SEE ME IN QUAKE 1V1 NO RAILGUNS

>Doom
>flat land kill boxes
Confirmed for never actually playing Doom. It had labyrinths and actual levels, unlike NuDoom which only has the exact thing you just complained about. It's literally nothing but circular arenas over and over again. Even Painkiller and Serious Sam have infinitely better level design than D44M.

Revenants definitely do if you don't kill them.
I was trying to get one for one of the level challenges for like half an hour with the railgun.

Also, don't shoot enemies just to keep staggering them. Shoot to fucking kill. If anything, having them remain alive if you fail to kill them adds challenge, and it demonstrates you're not killing the fucking demons hard enough.

I can literally make a Hellnight explode with 3 point blank SSG shots before he even has a chance to get staggered.

> animal analogies

Jesus you're so stupid you can't even read

you can turn off the highlights but nothing else
no mods only snapmap
the whole game is a poorly designed and poorly realised mess that needed another 6 months in the oven at least

>nu-doom shills resorting to textbook shitposting

The new Doom isn't just flawed, it literally has no reason to exist. There isn't a more boring or cynical cash grab on the market.

thats because its not actual metal, its wub made to sound like metal tempo

the fact people liked the OST baffles me

Yeah?

My processor is shit but the game runs well on the lowest settings. Gonna get a new one soon. Also

>Cacodemon turns to attack me
>Imps suddenly become bros and come to defend me
If only someone made an actual friendly demon NPC defector mod or something

I liked the OST, not because it's something I'd listen to on its own, but because I think it fit well with the game. It was a bit too wubby for my taste but still, it worked well.

Sure there is, look at the many other titles published by Bethesda.

>its wub made to sound like metal tempo
the fuck am I reading

>no transnigger bathroom
*sigh*

There's literally no wubs in the soundtrack.

Yeah there is, they just added a distortion filter over them to give them a different sound. Re-listen, you may have forgotten what it sounds like.

I don't think you know what wubs are

youtu.be/btG4P0_hhJg
?

>mfw im an animal

Crushed, distorted and muted low guitars.

>Preordered
>Played a metric assload (even the shitty multi, ashamedly)
>Replaying again to find secrets I missed because after I got everything I cared about upgraded I sort of stopped wandering around
>Seeing shit I've never seen

Now all I need is some singleplayer DLC then I'll be the happiest lad on the fucking planet. I don't care about the multi.

COME ON
COME ON
I'M JUST AN ANIMAL
AND I DON'T FEEL NOTHING

>Finish killing a wave of demons, music stops
>Walk into a hallway
>Turn left
>Fucking Charles Barkley over here waiting just around the corner
>Music jumps back up

so only games with modding tools can be modded?

C'MON AND SLAM

AND WELCOME TO THE JAM

>Played a metric assload
tell me your secrets? because I 100% it in like 9 hours and haven't touched it since

nice reading comprehension, dumbass.

Why do they keep focusing on the multiplayer? I have yet to find anyone that actually enjoys it and they're making at least 2 shitty mp dlcs instead of more singleplayer.

Messing around with file injection is generally a complete disaster.

If the game supports archive formated extra files, there is a legitimate case. But thats getting very rare.
Even with that, you still need:
1. A compiler for the runtime script format
2. A compiler for the archive format
3. A convertor to add models
4. Even with this, the mod is generally a secret club of no quality: unless a file nexus exists, and mods are over entry level

youtube.com/watch?v=WUCeqLW8l6o
youtube.com/watch?v=12d0ceeGMHc
I wish I could record the shit I'm seeing in this fucking game sometimes. Watching Barons dunk the fuck out of other demons when they start infighting is funny as hell.

Replaying a lot. I never realized how many Praetor tokens and shit I was missing.

Agony.

>yfw you realize most of D44M's budget went into Multiplayer oursourcing, multiplayer DLC and marketing
>And SP was still the best thing about it

>Every single file in every single Denuvo game is filled with garbage data

k

I only replayed a couple of levels to get everything
but it's pretty boring the way the encounters always play out the same way and there really isn't much stuff to collect anyway

Not sure if it's been updated, but it worked for me before the big 10GB update.
reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/4n8apu/mod_no_glory_kills_and_other_general_mod_info/

I admittedly didn't utilize the arsenal as much as I could have. I still have a lot of things locked because I'm terrible and miss things, but shit, I'm just now discovering how good the regular shotgun is after strapping the SSG to my right forearm on my first play through.

I just like circlestrafing demons, I guess. Keeps me entertained.

Are there any cases of infighting that occur naturally, or is it all scripted?

From what I've seen, I've only noticed them in three instances, and all happened in hell. They appear to be scripted.

scripted
you can make it work normally in snap map though.

There's usually infighting between the enemies that are around a Gore Nest (not the ones that spawn when you kill it).

You can make them fight each other, you just need to lure a demon into another demon's range attack.

>Demonic Rahkshi/Kraata
oh boy

bump

What's weird it is seems like DOOM was at least partially designed for mods. The single-player and multiplayer run on separate clients, which makes sense so you can use mods for single player without enabling cheating in the multiplayer. Crysis did this with Crysis Wars, and I nelive CoD used to do this as well. As of right now though it makes no sense why multiplayer and single player are completely separate.

I'm pretty sure I got a soldier to fight and imp after he shot it in the back.

Usually you can do stuff like texture-swapping in most games but all of DOOM's files are encrypted. The reason some games get mods even without official tools is because everything is open and somewhat easy to edit if you have experience.

Why... Why... WHY!?!?!?!? In the fuck do you stop shooting if the demon is clearly still alive?

You're missing the point of the game.

>Quake Champions might not have modding support or even a SnapMap-like level editor
FUCK ESPORTS. Tryhard competitive fags killed any enjoyment I ever got out of multiplayer games. I want fun maps on private servers made out of legos and low gravity, I don't give a flying fuck about muh twitch streams and muh tourneys.

It's not competitive that's the issue, it's greedy-ass devs. A bunch of competitive Q3A maps were community-made.

This, it's all about money and slapping on the shittiest and most overpriced add-ons and see if you can get away with it.

That's true, if DOOM had a more powerful level editor then there would be no reason to buy the shitty multiplayer DLC.

Thats bafflingly stupid. Im on my sixth playthrough and if you actually pay attention there is a lot of variety in the level design and they save those arenas for the climax of the level.

I like the original ost more, but with that said its clear that music wouldnt fit because the new combat is so much more hectic and crazy. So I respect the idea that they tried for that, and some of the tracks are really good even if its not all of them.

Then you havent really played it because the game becomes fully realized on the Nightmare difficulty.

I beat it on Ultraviolence, can't be bothered to beat it on Nightmare because no quicksaves. The checkpoints are ok most of the time but there are a couple of spots where it just got annoying and you have to fight multiple encounters.

>he needs quicksaves

What is the best glory kill and why is it Imp de-jaw?

Leg sweep + punch is also great.

>nightmare
the way they balanced nightmare is complete garbage and only emphasises all of the shitty design choices
>le git gud
non argument

nop, the game is pretty well done, and runs like hot butter.

The only Mod I would want is more enemies, the arena parts were fun, I wish they were longer.

I don't think it stops the pacing, the length of the animation differs on demon to demon, also it they give you health and ammo to get right back to fighting.

performance wise? it's extremely bloated in the graphics department
it's pretty clear they were on a very tight schedule and had to cut a lot of stuff, poorly thought out/implemented systems and balancing

wow you sound lkike you really know a lot about this game development, you should go to id software and tell them this, maybe they give you a job, and we dont have to get shitty games anymore.

You're an idiot, it's one of the best-optimized games this year, on both PC and console. The only thing that hurt performance was the shadows/smoke, and that was a bug with the shader cache.

Is this an UT reference?

Berserker buff rip and tear the imp in half