>Beyond Good & Evil 2

IT'S HAPPENING

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grain_of_salt
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>by modern Ubi
It's going to be trash.

they specifically said there's no point making it if it doesn't live up to beyond good and evil, take that with a grain of salt if you will.

Hopefully vivendi will complete their takeover soon and kick out the gillfag brothers and give us a godly BG&E2 we deserve.

Ubi still publishes good games. It's just the in-house asscreed/watchdogs/whatever franchises intended for the masses that are dogshit.

Ubisoft Montpellier = good
Ubisoft Montreal = bad

you gotta differentiate between ubisoft montpellier and ubisoft montreal
montreal is the turd you should be hating

Montpellier hasn't made a great 3D game since BG&E, which was in 2003. Even Ubisoft Montreal made great games then.

I will be sceptical about it until they release a gameplay video.

Finally, a decent MGSV

Ancel is working on it. It'll be fine.

i have the HD version on ps3.
Never got very far in it, does the pace of the game pick up really slow or something like that?

King Kong was flawed but still a good game. That released 2005. And the recent Rayman games are fantastic. But they're 2D games, so I don't know if that counts. It shows that Montpellier is fucking stellar when it comes to art direction tho

>implying MGSV isn't a flawed, but great game

The greatest disappointment.

It's been years since I've played it 100%, but from what I remember the pacing is a fair bit off when taking into consideration that the game can be completed in two extended afternoon sessions. It's a slow burn up to the factory, which is about the first three or four hours. Then there was a bit of a down turn when you have to do some racing missions. By the time you get to the factory, though, you're practically a fourth of the way through the game.

ITT games that were middle-of-the-road at best that everyone wants a delayed sequel to.

In story? Yes, kinda.
I mean, it cleared up some things, like BBs "death" in MG1 and what the fuck Zero was doing while all of this was happening. And I thought that the Medic twist was actually pretty cool and creative.
In gameplay? It delivered fully imo

No that's what your mom said about you. MGS5 is great unless you have retarded amount of expectation.

>It delivered fully imo
Yes. The totally empty open world filled with nothing but endlessly respawning enemy checkpoints was excellent. It was almost like I was playing Far Cry 2.
Eliminate the enemy armored squad #38 was a very me memorable mission as well.

Why are you people getting exited?
It will suck.

People live in hope, user.

i remember saving some crazy guy in a factory and then never playing again after that.

The open world was just a backdrop for you to plan your infiltration. I know that there's a lot of unneeded empty space around, but fi you were actually expecting some Witcher 3 open world with NPCs and towns and shit, then I'm sorry to disapppoint.
I agree the side missions were shit, BUT, the side objectives in the main missions were great.
Did you know that there's a whole hidden tutorial section in the first mission? It's crazy.

Then the open world was totally fucking pointless. They could have just made larger individual mission maps.
Instead they opted for a retarded open world and the player ends up visiting the same empty places all the time.
Let's not forget the prototype metal gear that vanished into development hell along with half the game.

Where's our new 3D Rayman game, Ancel?

>take that with a grain of salt
I'm seeing this more and more. It's "with a pinch of salt," and yes I'm fucking triggered.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grain_of_salt

I strongly suspect Watch Dogs 2 will be Ubisoft's last gasp of relevancy. If they don't pull GTAV numbers (And they won't) Vivendi will seize the assets to the company and ruin them in a matter of months.

Like I said, I agree with the map being way too fucking big. Individal maps ala Peace Walker would've been the better option.
>Let's not forget the prototype metal gear that vanished into development hell along with half the game.
>half of the game
>implying
Considering that Chapter 2 was already so short, I doubt it was even one third. What else was there to tell anyway? The only thing coming to mind is the final Sahelanthropus fight and how Venom suddenly remembered the incident fully. That's it.
But the backlash against the game and the open world probably opened Kojimas eyes and now he'll continue making linear games again. Right?
R-right?

>I mean, it cleared up some things, like BBs "death" in MG1
Something that did not even need to be cleared up.

>And I thought that the Medic twist was actually pretty cool and creative.
Get out, Kojima. It wasn't even a fucking twist. All the Cred Forumsirgins called it on the very first trailer of the game, and they came up with alternative twists that were more creative (and internally consistent) to boot.