So, now that the dust has settled around MPFF, gentlemen:

So, now that the dust has settled around MPFF, gentlemen:

HOW. DO. WE. FIX. METROID?

jesus christ, what the fuck is this shit?

I'd be okay with more games like AM2R, maybe 3D models but the classic 2D gameplay

That rarely turns out good, ever seen those shitty megaman games on PS1?

that's true, but I think it can work

Certainly not by making the mc look like shit

Let's not create The Sonic Circle Of False Hopes for Metroid...

I know you mean well man, but we've been burned a lot of times now.

By making more threads bitching about it every day I guess.

Well not like that, that's for sure.

Holy fuck this is some piss poor deviant art-tier shit

why is it that the people who do these redesigns always manage to miss the point of the characters that they're trying to redesign

Step 1. Get the Zero Mission team together and do a proper remake of Metroid II.
Step 2. Building on the success of the Metroid II remake, use the same team to come up with an original 2D Metroid.
Step 3. Using the hype and funds from these two games, make a new 3D Metroid that redefines 3D action/shooters. Make it third person instead of first person.
Step 4. Come out with one new 2D and 3D Metroid every generation, with a dedicated team.

>westernshit

>Get the Zero Mission team together and do a proper remake of Metroid II.
see

Its sad how every time anyone ever mentions Metroid II from now on, all people are going to do is fap over AM2R.

You don't.

You let the series for and stay dead, and bring forth a new IP to replace it, because let's be honest, no one actually cares about the Metroid series. I enjoyed the games and all, but I never understood the fans who crave more from it when it doesn't have anything new to offer up.

Just while the slate clean and start fresh, but don't go the kickstarter route

I can't believe how someone can fuck up a short hair girl drawing

because it's good?

If Nintendo published it you'd be jerking over it for sure with no problems, hypocrite.

I don't get why nintendo keeps trying to reinvent the wheel when AM2R clearly shows metroid fans are perfectly happy with just improving upon the old games

How about a whole games with Shinespark puzzles? I'd play the shit out of that

More like "If Nintendo published it, people would he hating it for not being the same as Super Metroid. But because its a decent fan made game, everyone loves it."

metroid fans didn't mind fusion
metroid fans didn't mind zero mission
metroid fans didn't mind the prime games

they however did respond overly negative to other m because get this: its a bad fucking game regardless of it being a metroid game or not

t. never played Mario 64

Just because 3D Metroid has never been done well doesn't mean it can't be done well.

>3D Metroid has never been done well
what? did you forget prime?

Nintendo suffers from a huge case of nip-pride and Miyamoto. Doing what the fans want isn't high on their priority list.

>phoneposters

metroid prime is a soddin' 2002 game

its old

I think the game Inside was a great looking 3D sidescroller. Metroid could take some cue from it. I could work.

strange because Miyamoto is literally one of the reasons metroid prime was a good game and he had nothing to do with other m

>Make it third person instead of first person.

He probably meant the faster-paced 2D gameplay being 1:1 translated to 3D, which itself remains among my dream games.

>metroid fans didn't mind fusion
Except, before Other M came out, Metroid threads always devolved into a circlejerk about hating Metroid Fusion. For many of the same reasons as Other M. Too story focused, Samus talks, too linear, too colorful an atmosphere, etc.

It wasn't until Other M came out that suddenly it became okay to like Fusion.

>metroid fans didn't mind zero mission
Generally people did like it. But mostly because of its similarities to Super Metroid and not its unique ideas.

>metroid fans didn't mind the prime games
Are you kidding? Have you never been in a Metroid thread ever? It always turns into an argument of 2D vs 3D.

You don't

It's been fine

Other M and Fedforce are experiments

Tanabe ruined the surprised of Sylux to calm the storm

Miyamoto's thought process worked wonders before the recent decade. He's kinda lost it nowadays, especially with Paper Mario.

It didn't use to
metroid threads, before other m shit the fanbase, were pretty damn chill and the consensus usually was that both super and prime were great games in their own right

fusion was "disliked" because it was a decent game among a series of good to great games, when an actual shit metroid game came along there was no reason to dislike it.

Sucks because I genuinely liked Fusion from the start. Probably more than even Zero Mission or Super.

Accept the fact thatMetroid can be things other than what you expect to be.

>fusion was "disliked" because it was a decent game among a series of good to great games
And a host of other reasons which I named above. I don't dislike Fusion myself. But I clearly remember early Cred Forums using it as the scapegoat of the series. Until Other M of course.

turn samus into a guy

no more of this feminazi progressive left bullshit

I still like fusion more than ZM and super

I don't mind experimentation, I just mind bad ideas and failure to accept criticism.

shut the fuck up frogposter

take your stale memes and fuck of to reddit

I'd say 3rd person shooters are more of a stale meme than pepe

>Contaminating a perfect machine with a fleshy

well it had a lot of elements that didn't belong in a metroid series for sure but at that time there was no reason to believe it would be anything other than window dressing with the core metroid gameplay being preserved
nobody panicked because nobody knew what other m would be like, same reason nobody panicked at the more typical military shooter sequences in prime 3 because at that time metroid was a series that had managed to exist for 20+ years without have a single bad game

its part of why other m was such a shock

So long as the shoulders aren't obstructing the view, I don't see the problem. If anything it's a better frame for being realized.

Get the Zero Mission team and Vanillaware together.

Have a story that follows Metroid Fusion, where Samus has cut ties with the Federation. During her wanderings in space, Samus learns of a secret projects where Space Pirates are reconstructing Metroids with collected Metroid DNA and Samus' own DNA. Samus goes to an isolated planet (similar to SR388) and has to hunt down 50 or so Metroids in various stages. There are also half a dozen unique bosses and Space Pirates to fight. After killing a Metroid queen, Samus escapes and blows up the planet. Samus is welcomed back to the Federation but refuses.

Here's my game plan:

3D First Person Shooter, high speed movement ala Quake, full on wall jumping and shine sparking, demands quick and fast precision, feels very free, not like Prime's gimped powerups. Features bounty hunters that stalk you sort of like SA-X but not as scripted. Also has some melee combat ala FEAR. There's your GOAT.

>titties and skeleton rig garbage
>another metroid 2 rehash
>talking about plot and shit that doesnt matter instead of the gameplay
kill you'reself

>kill you'reself
>you're self
You first.

I don't think that story is the best. But even a bare bones Metroid game still has a few lines of story. Its not like his story is over the top. Especially since half of it is describing the gameplay.

Is that like the turtleneck equivlant of a varia suit

>hunt down 50 or so Metroids in various stages. There are also half a dozen unique bosses and Space Pirates to fight
I have no idea what genre he's trying to communicate to me. RPG? Sidescroller? MMO? FPS? It sounds like a game I've already played. I want a NEW Metroid, not one i've already played.

Let Retro Studios make Prime 4

Let Nintendo's internal team make a sequel to Fusion.

There, it's that simple. (Unless Nintendo fucks it up again)

It still holds up better than other games of that era.

This is a well know fact.

Failure to accept criticism? There's a good reason Other M was never followed up on.

And Feds was a great idea. Stop kidding yourself.

>I want a NEW Metroid, not one i've already played.
And most Metroid fans don't. They want a remake of Super Metroid or Prime. I actually went on step further. I want a game like Metroid II and Super Metroid combined. And no one says it can't do its own original things as well.

>Feds was a great idea

Yes, a good idea, a game revolved around the grunts of the Federation could have been awesome.

Too bad Nintendo screwed the pooch and made a game about chibi troopers in giant robots, and shitty version of space soccer.

dont
let it and its autistic fanbase die
all of the 2d metroids are mediocre or just plain bad outside of super metroid
prime games are good but metroid "fans" hate them
federation force wasnt even that bad but Cred Forums loves memes

very much so, but the idea behind calling it "old" was that by now metroid prime is one of the old classics like super metroid

I really love the idea of the Federation trying to replicate Samus' power suit technology, but because they lack space magic they end up with huge hulking power suits.

Really a shame about the art style. It should've looked like this.

We had the same upgrades for years now

If you were to create your own powerup, what would it be?

>like Metroid II and Super Metroid combined
What would this even be? AM2R but slow and floaty?

I want new beams. Speaking from a Prime perspective since beam stacking makes that pretty pointless in 2D, how about like an Acid Beam? I can't melt through armor and some environmental stuff

>What would this even be?

>hunt down 50 or so Metroids in various stages. There are also half a dozen unique bosses and Space Pirates to fight

Have a free roaming world like Metroid II and various Metroids like Metroid II. But also have sub bosses that guard important items and better sprite detail like Super Metroid.

sounds boring to be honest

>Acid Beam? I can't melt through armor and some environmental stuff
What's the point of that since there are beams that goes through walls

the only interesting power up I've seen lately was the ice and diffusion missiles from fusion, but again there is Ice beam so it doesnt matter really

It's been 11 years since Zero Mission, the last 2D Metroid

Let that sink in

This series is dead as fuck

Metroid 5

>sounds boring to be honest
Why? And if your only answer is 'its not original enough', then provide an more original idea.

I'm fine with this, just make it a sequel to Fusion already, I'm tired of remakes, that's all this generation has been.

I dont have any, I just dont think doing the same thing as metroid 2 is a good idea

Well I have said multiple times that it shouldn't be just a clone of Metroid II. But using what Metroid II did well for a new game is a perfectly good idea. Especially considering Metroid fans keep obsessing over total isolation, limited story, atmosphere and a return to hunting Metroid. And Metroid II did all that the most.

Why does every western artist draw a rebooted Samus as a man?

I said Prime, where there are no beams that go through walls you dongus.

I meant mentroid in general, not specially to prime or the 2D games