Is there a good game about the crusades

Is there a good game about the crusades.

No, Not Assassin's Creed you fucking heretic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zgpowh4Jmco
twitter.com/AnonBabble

crusader kings 2

Medieval 2 total war

1257 A.D.

Medieval 1 Total War

DEUS VULT

Knights of Honor.

Age of Empires 2

if you dont like RTS games, this is pretty much your only choice for a quality crusades game. its a M&B mod btw

I remember when being gay used to be manly and strong. Now it's just a bunch of girly faggots who may as well get a sex change.

HERETIC.
YOU FAGGOTS ARE AGAINST THE GLORY OF GOD.

Fuck off Dimitrios, this isnt your thread

You're all latent homosexuals anyway.

DEUS VULT! THIS THREAD BELONGS TO THE HOLY POPE!

byzantine empire literally did nothing wrong

Holy Roman Empire, literally a poor man's Roman Empire.

When will we have another glorious time of Crusades. The Islam cancer needs to be rooted out of humanity.

Except suck up to Muslims. At least the Catholics were able to figure out that self defense is just.

God wills a new crusade.
Playing a game about the crusades keeps my faith up.

>play as Swiþod
>ambition to become King of Swedes
>subjugate warring chiefs
>around the 10 county mark other counts start ASKING to be my vassal
>halfway to empire of scandinavia after like 50 years
>filthy suomenusko hordes to the east
>filthy catholic hordes to the south, with only a buffer of Germanic Saxony
>viking age, get coastal CB
>conquer holland to put the last Germanic holy site under control
>reform
>start rooting out Old Germanic heresy, Saxony falls into line surprisingly quickly
>100 fucking percent Moral Authority
>as Fylkir, declare Great Holy War on the kingdom of lithuania
>raid Rome
>Catholic moral authority in the low 20s falling steadily
>heresy everywhere
>Catholicism burns

Literally end your life you heretic.
To much heresy invading this thread.

>Swiþod
?

its k christianity survives as the orthodox church (iconoclasts though) and through coptics/monophysites that are far enough south to be safe from the fury of Tyr for now

It's not worth being Catholic anymore. It's been subverted to hell.

Sviþjod etc

Mountain Blade was a p good Crusades simulator.

>playing ez mode
Come back when you reform Zunism kid

Then repent?
Cleanse your sins.
I once was in your position, so many sins plaqued my body.
I went to church.
I became religious.
My sins are forgiven, I've started new life.

Scandinavia wasn't sufficiently Christianized.

Sweden

literally playing zunist right now, the trick so far has been to convert muslim when abbasid comes knocking and stealth convert back to zunist immediately after

zoroastrian is more fun desu

I never see anybody talk about Cursed Crusade.
It wasn't fantastic but it was ok.

PLay that if you havent.

is this nigga serious?

>do literally whatever you want your entire life
>"repent" on your deathbed
>omg him soul svaed lol haha

christianfags are the worst, most selfish, repulsive people apart from juden

Fucking Swedes.
OF COURSE THEY WOULD WANT TO DESTORY CHAFOLICISM.

>join the abbasid blob
>medium crown authority
>can't do shit for 200 years
>caliph just revokes my shit

fuck this game

My favourite crusade was the one where the crusaders went around pillaging other christian lands like a bunch of niggers

I was only a cultural Christian, and it's hard when Christianity is demonized and majority of people believe a caricatured and fabricated version of its history. Any attempt to straighten out gets thrown under the bus, and merely identifying as any kind of Christian gets you abuse and mockery. Jesus was right to say: Do not think that I have come to send peace upon the earth: I have not come to send peace, but a sword.

"Repenting" isn't the same thing as actually repenting and God can probably tell if you're being genuine or not

>most selfish
What's your measuring scale on that? Because Christians are actually some of the most charitable people on Earth.

maybe read a little more into the religion before you talk shit. Only the dumbest fundi christians think that you can just repent on your deathbed and be saved...

>implying the crusaders were the niggers
Greece needs to learn to pay debts

>Moral Authority
I don't understand this mechanic in the game

Reminder that Perfect Contrition is the only true way to get forgiveness for your sin and it cannot be achieved through church or praying.
I figured I should reply to you because I don't know here else to direct this.

It's the same set of mechanics real life government runs on.

my favorite crusade was the one for russia which didn't even make it through estonia before the armored knights got fucked by peasants in a world first ever. so much for god loving christians lmao

The best Crusade was the first Crusade.

That Mountain Blade mod, sands of something I cant remember. It's bretty gud

>boot up M2
>go "HRE" for maximum crusading
>don't expand outside of taking rebel holdings
>try to maintain friendship with all christians
>10 turns in I'm in an unprovoked war with all of europe
>zero chance of ever crusading anywhere

diplomacy in that game is bullshit

if it's 100% serious I would think christianity supports it. but you gotta realize how fucking painful that is going to be after a whole life of sin, to look all that in the face and feel all the hurt you've inflicted, take responsibility and truly appologize. after a lifetime like that I don't think the piece of shit in question would do it if it was that late. I do buy it as an idea and think it's beautiful for stuff like convicts and such, people with a chance to be something else.

Age of Empires 2

I don't think I understand this mechanic in real life

When did christian apologetics become a cool thing to do on Cred Forums?

After people got older.

it is pretty contrarian, at least in most of Yuro

Because Deus Vult.
Now get your Sugar Loaf helmet and preach the Lord.

that's the gist of it, but a lot of the fundi christians think all there is to redemption is mindlessly following religious practices and so as long as you can have a priest perform the necessary rites on your deathbed you're saved

or worse the folks that think posthumous baptism does anything

I consider this a hidden gem.

>complex combo based melee combat with finishers, parries, counters, etc
>fun skill trees for the characters let you make several viable types of characters
>Crusader era setting where you fight through sandy deserts and the ravaged streets of Acre
>lots of side and bonus objectives like hidden lore to find, optional sidequests to discover and complete
>stealth that's serviceable and passable, offering you creative ways to get around be it silent or full on sword swinging
>lets you operate a catapult and fuck up invading muslim assholes
>great low fantasy historical setting we don't see get a lot of attention, with a surprising twist
>graphics, sounds, voice acting are all above average. Nothing spectacular but nothing bad. The game does what it needs to do
>I bought it for 99 cents on steam after beating it on 360

It's really fun.

once you die your brain just fizzles out, there is literally nothing else but wishful thinking

stop devoting all your time and effort to this pointless ritualistic bullshit and start volunteering to humanitarian causes and maybe you might start to unfuck all the damage and suffering christianity and religion in general have caused

j/k this is satan speaking through me trying to trick you this is what christians actually believe

Is there any great Jewish artist, dead or alive, that's ever done art that isn't trashy and vulgar?

Nope, just the Great Tick Tock of Contrarian Internet Hipster Retards. In a few years it will be hip and edgy to be atheist again once everyone realizes the euphoria memes literally came from asshurt christians on reddit

>Make a female character
>Join one of the Crusader States
>Free Jerusalem from the Muslims
>Take part in the campaign to destroy the Sultanate
How upset are you by my mockery of history? A woman doing something besides having babies.

>stop devoting all your time and effort to this pointless ritualistic bullshit and start volunteering to humanitarian causes
I'll decide what to do with my life.
>unfuck all the damage and suffering christianity and religion in general have caused
You mean government.

>see a Crusades era game thread
>think all right, I love the Crusades, let's discuss some great hidden gems
>it's just autists and neckbeards arguing about religion
Why do I even bother.

>I'll decide what to do with my life.
Apparently not since you do whatever the clergy tells you to, you edgy little pissant.

>>unfuck all the damage and suffering christianity and religion in general have caused
>You mean government.
>edgy christfag is also an alt-right ancap retard and thinks social programs are bad
lmao who saw that coming

>In a few years it will be hip and edgy to be atheist again
It was only hip because people were able to afford to disregard reality and mindlessly consume. Try to find edgy hipsters in poor communities.

Should I play Crusader Kings or Mount and Blade in right now lads?

Crusader Kings.

>Apparently not since you do whatever the clergy tells you to
>defends government

>might start to unfuck all the damage and suffering christianity caused
you mean destroy the whole of Western civilization and everything it achieved?
yeah you seculars are already halfway there, tbqh

seems accurate to me

>once everyone realizes the euphoria memes literally came from asshurt christians on reddit

You really seem mad

This.

Christianity isn't Islam.

There's a mount and blade mod for that.

Latin Empire > empire of gayreeks

>invite lots of armed people
>be dicks to said armed people
>piss off the folks in charge of armed people
>surprised when your city burns

how stupid were the later era byzantine emperors

Mount and blade

As usual, Europe destroys everything beautiful and great.

/thread

Stronghold crusaders?

You mean preserving the western civilization culture after the fall of the roman empire?

>ctrl + f
>no Stronghold Crusader

What the FUCK?

byzantines destroyed themselves with retarded decision upon retarded decision
if they hadn't been the biggest morons ever and actually tried diplomacy with the persians when it was still possible islam would have been contained to the arabian peninsula

True, but this board is still Cred Forums and Cred Forums haet women who go into battle and not be having babies.

Is there any Knights Templar anywhere making a comeback?

We are really overdue for a crusade. Sick of the rampant degeneracy on this fucking planet.

I want to join a real sect of Holy Warriors.

litterally join ISIS

God that game was hard as balls.
I remeber it fucking me raw because I couldn't get hte combat system down.

Then again I never played an RPG before that point.

What is it called?

One of the few good things about Cred Forums desu.

Anybody that would call themselves catholic know that holy war is extremely close to the ultimate blasphemy.
No act of taking a life can ever be holy. Self defence and just, absolutely. Holy? No.

1257AD

ISIS is literally Islam, or rather a bastardized version of it.

ISIS are enemies of god's will, you degenerate.

The muslim scum has always been the primary threat to civilized society throughout history. They have sex with animals and children for fuck's sake.

You disgusting naive.

I don't remember, I'm sure people play it on the general they'd know more than me.

Muslims are the opposite of crusaders

yep

How can I enlist for the new crusade guys, do I have to go to the vatican and become a priest or something?

Soon.

i remember being really hype about this before it came out and then they revealed more about it and it had that weird shit where you play as a demon or something and i lost interest and forgot about it entirely up until now

I wouldn't be a priest.
You can't be married if you do.
Just be a follower of God.
Be nationalistic and hope for the best.

Jesus beat peoples faces in a synagogue, your arguement is invalid.

Make sure you thank the muslims when they rape your family and burn your home, you filthy degenerate enabler.

Look up some bible quotes from Christ himself before you spout this nonsense.

The crusades were a defense against the rotten masses of worthless dirt people described in the bible.

It's basically all /his/ these days.
Cred Forumsyps are ADHD to stick to anything that isn't "le kikeposting" for long.

>Clergy
>Implying I'm a papist who puts the word of Man above the word of God

Fuck then I have no chance if im already married?

are too*

How is Stringhold Crusader compared to Stronghold 1?

Perhaps.
If you're serious to join the church, join your church community.

Hopefully they successfully overturn the presidents veto of the bill that would allow terrorism victims to seek redress from the terrorist nations. That would go a long way towards legitimizing personal action against the enemies of western civilization. The next crusade may have to be a grassroots affair.

IS IT LARP TIME YET GUYS

D-DEUS VULT

>Christian and Muslim joint Crusade/Jihad against true degenerate blasphemers
You can't make this shit up

Just find a church that still fucks with the Latin right.

I'm a protestant but I went to one with my Catholic gf and it was super cool.

>puts the word of Man above the word of God
You literally do, though.
Prods worship a beady-eyed anglo's translation of a compilation of books written by men, instead of God.

It was a decent game.
You're the second gen of crusaders and because your dad was one of the first crusaders you were cursed to hell for his sins.
However he taught you how to use it as a benefit and while your soul is damned satan decides that you're good enough for his army and basically gives you the same power as his foot soldiers as long as you use the curse.
You join the crusade with your buddy after running away from Death who wants to take you to hell since your soul is already forfit.
Then you go around trying to collect relics of Jesus because they hold immense power etc. with the end goal of getting the grail and spear of destiny.

Be careful though. There is essentially no final boss and the game ends on a cliffhanger that feels like a kick to the balls.

>CK2
>Play as Hapsburgs
>conquer Croatia and be elected emperor
>character dies, lose HRE but ERE becomes an elective monarchy
>Get elected Byzantine Emperor, press claim on HRE
>Create Catholic Roman Empire

Probably one of the best games I've ever played.

its hilarious to play as the habsburgs because no matter what you do, it feels historically accurate

same thing with playing as the ottomans and blobbing the fuck out

fpbp

Blame Phocas. Seriously, damn that guy. The Persians went from allies to starting the worst war ever seen all because of his actions.

Matthew 24:35
>Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Underrated game

The Maltesian Knights Hospitallers still exist.

Both games have differenct gameplay styles.
Crusader is fast and fun, stronghold 1 is more to chill and build castles.
Both games are gr8 tough

>tfw want to play CK2 and other grand strategy games but have no idea how or what to do
Help me, lads.

>The Fourth Crusade (1202–04) was a Western European armed expedition called by Pope Innocent III, originally intended to conquer Muslim-controlled Jerusalem by means of an invasion through Egypt. Instead, a sequence of events culminated in the Crusaders sacking the city of Constantinople, the capital of the Christian-controlled Byzantine Empire.

CK2 aint that bad. Just start a game in Ireland and learn from there.

start shit, get hit tbqh

Saladin was based

I just think the plot twist was rather heavy-handed.

don't owe money to venetian jews

That 90 year old Doge who lead the whole thing was fucking based.

One of my all times favorites. The animations were top notch, shame about the enemies being block whores and lack of vertical movement of any kind.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zgpowh4Jmco

All the techniques

The fucking mace.

Venice literally tricked Europe into forming a mercenary army to loot and get away with it scot free because of muslim scare

>no padding underneath the mail

Which order was teh bestest order and why was it the Order of Knights of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem?

Yeah, they probably are the most badass. So badass that when they declared themselves a sovereign nation, they managed to stay that way until today, unlike all the others and btfo'd turkroaches so hard, they never showed their faces again around Malta.

>this thread
oh my fuck

Hey I've been there.
Lots to see.

Atheism is mainstream among this generation so a lot of contrarian retards have to bat for the other team to fit in with their fellow mongoloids.

You guys are such weirdos.

good goy believe the lies the internet tell you

To try and salvage this thread a bet, ow about we make one of those recommendation pics with a short description for all the games mentioned here?

Oblivion's crusader quest is good

Fucking how? Doesn't the pope usually intervene if Christians start warring you?

Get stainless steel and apply the historical autism sub mod, made the game perfection for me . Your problem is fixed up easily by it

>Catholic crying about sex with children

Just make sure you start in 1066 or beyond though if you have any of the DLC
Vikings will rip you a new one if you don't

They get off the boat at half morale now so they're pretty easy to defeat.

Historical autism sub mod?

And yet they still ended up as arab rapebabies

knights of the temple 2 it's below avereage game, but nostalgia glasses make me think it was 7/10