Ahem

Can I have some links to game analysis on youtube? Curently listen to some, but since I have to do 3h extra today, was hoping Cred Forums could help, since /vg/ didn't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jDHXhEjvvQM
youtube.com/watch?v=P6tuOHEm5iA
youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw
youtube.com/user/GamingEthos
youtu.be/FSmdSw9eEIA
youtube.com/watch?v=QYb7qOgBVwY
sirlin.net/article-archive/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=jDHXhEjvvQM

youtube.com/watch?v=P6tuOHEm5iA

Gl I don't belive this kind of thread is encouraged. But here are some links I enjoyed.

What do you mean, game analysis? Like, ludology? Or what?

Extra Credits is always pretty good stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw

Like those guys from extra credits just like posted or those videos upthere

Do you want things that lean more toward the game design aspect or videos meant to entertain?

Holding money to buy new games, wanted to listen to some opinions, quite literally.

I want the best of both worlds. Really can use anything.

Look for gamearray, Joseph Anderson, Matthewmatosis, superbunnyhop for game design

Entertainment I couldn't recommend much but NitroRad or JonTron since I don't watch them often

Oh, I was hoping it was something ludology related. Like analysis of methods of creating atmosphere, gameplay mechanics, game-related technologies etc.

Since I am working on the story of a game for a couple of friends and doing some concept art, I'll be more then a realized mand if you can suggest something like that.

There's a lot to do, and a lot to see. Thanks Cred Forums this is something I needed.

You should definetly check out this guy youtube.com/user/GamingEthos

>Extra Credits is always pretty good stuff

Ranging from least to most humorous:
>Matthewmatosis
>Joseph Anderson
>Cee Marshall
>Game Array
>Super Bunnyhop
>Mark Brown
>Running Shine

Not saying being funny is detrimental, but some people prefer less jokes. Personally, I think Running Shine is fucking hilarious, but he only has 3 videos. He also makes music, so I guess that takes up time.

Strafefox also has some good retrospective videos but he rarely uploads

As I said, everything is welcome. Right now I'm listening to DefaultCouch, as soon as it ends I'll be watching Running Shine. And Extra Credits was SO GOOD. Holly Molly!

>Extra Credits

youtu.be/FSmdSw9eEIA

It's a little specific, but check out LyingFigure. I actually found him on Cred Forums in a "post your youtube channel" thread.

Dude knows an insane amount about Silent Hill and breaks down each game while he plays them. Plus his videos are comfy as fuck.

Not up everyone's alley, but I enjoy them. His most in depth series is SH2 because dude has the 'tism for that game. Can't really blame him.

youtube.com/watch?v=QYb7qOgBVwY

Whenever EC dives into a genre or topic they don;'t actually understand (which happens a lot) they just spread a bunch of awful ideas and opinions.
The fighting game episode gave me an aneurysm.
Just don't bother with them.

David Sirlin has a bunch of good articles if you're down to read
sirlin.net/article-archive/

I am! But just can't right now. Too much writing and drawning... Eyes are getting tired. I will read, but I'm phisically disable right now.

can anyone explain why these game design youtubers always cover shit like gone home and her story? I'd like to assume they're for clickbait and views, but when they all say possitive shit about them it really lowers their credibility not that any of them have many credentials to begin with since none of them have actually made a game.

one can only assume it IS for the clickbaits.