What are some good space games, where you can control a spaceship(s)

What are some good space games, where you can control a spaceship(s).

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=765427534
spacethatneverwas.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=R9ktgN80MP4&list=PL79E5a0wBpi63v5gPBgCXSZocon5ZzTlP
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79E5a0wBpi63v5gPBgCXSZocon5ZzTlP
youtube.com/watch?v=DtrL-WWLU3s
youtube.com/watch?v=acw7-dOI3vQ
zillo7.itch.io/tier-1
projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/
youtu.be/HMZPVgycrAE
youtube.com/watch?v=A9cLuRVJbGY
youtube.com/watch?v=pVOh4r2nOOw
youtube.com/watch?v=uMYAATQDOEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yERghbLSBrw
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_zN7X53AiM
youtube.com/watch?v=RLhK2WQ5-XM
youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg
youtube.com/watch?v=E-jEP_W9D4w
youtube.com/watch?v=KfD5jYBFB0M
youtube.com/watch?v=ko7OJ5oufdk
youtube.com/watch?v=GXP4KnDPJSg
youtube.com/watch?v=A6zdOixScfQ
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_ship_moves
youtu.be/TxWN8AhNER0?list=LLSSK4QLI3j_k7Jb9bXN4avg
youtu.be/hIXSDhxJoYI
youtu.be/Lw32hadCgfE?t=14m12s
youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-OyT4ivkM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No Man's Sky.

really makes you think

>where you can control a spaceship

Elite Dangerous

I need this as well.

Stat Citizen

People are looking for you Sean.

Run.

X series.

This. No Mans Sky is the best space game out currently.

my game?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=765427534

children of a dead earth

Star Control 2

You guys are assholes.
Check out the X series, that should be your very first course of action. Go for freelancer next.

Space Rangers
X Series (except Rebirth which is dogshit)
Freelancer
Freespace
BFG: Armada if you're into 40k
NexusL The Jupiter Incident

KSP

Elite: Dangerous is probably the best choice as of right now (unfortunately)

Star Citizen will probably be better when it releases in 5 years

starsector

Sins of a Solar Empire.

Oberstein did nothing wrong

All he had to do was let Kircheis carry his damn weapon.

He couldn't save Reinhard.

Is Elite Dangerous any fun if I just want to fly around and grind out space dollars doing random work? Podcast game. I hear mostly negative things but people keep playing it.

this.

Looks fun.

Now just build a grand strategy around it.

SIEG KEISER REINHARDO

SIEG KEISER REINHARDO
SIEG KEISER REINHARDO
SIEG KEISER REINHARDO

Are there any games that accurately portray the horror of space combat?

How about you kill yourself, Oberstein did everything wrong

Sins is p gud if you want empire building, and it's on sale.

I love how there's like three scenes like this in the entire show.

Well he's not a doctor.

Imperial ship designs > Alliance ship designs

Name one thing

The following is classified level Rho.

Imperial everything > Alliance everything

The only thing the FPA have over the Empire is a better cast of characters

>sacrificing noncombatants to save combatants
HURR DURR MUH NUMBERS
>perfidious, underhanded tactics to eliminate Iserlohn when his superior directly told him that he wished to win against them in honorable combat
Oberstein is the fucking worst and he is responsible for killing my waifu, I'm convinced of it

>tfw the free planets alliance paid the brice of freedom with the blood of pretty much all it's characters.
>the empire only loses Kircheis,Reuental and blue haired temperature man.

What space games let me become nuke, destroyer of sense.

Posting this for anyone interested
If you're at all interested in watching LotGH, take this image and get the fuck out of this thread before you get irredeemably spoiled

Julian>Kircheis.

Julian is pretty great but Kircheis is perfect and pure

>hey look an Orion ship
>wait
>that's not a ship
>that's not a ship at all
>jesus fucking christ

WHY NOBODY HAS FUCKING MADE A GAME WITH A GAMEPLAY SIMILAR TO SILENT HUNTER BUT IN SPACE, FUCK I'M MAD.

>pure
>wanted to fuck his best friend's sister
Lmao

I think that scene was during Vermillion Starzone, which was supposed to be the most brutal battle in the series. I think it was like 98% of combatants died?

I've only seen the main anime, thanks for the reminder user.

Is there any Logh vidya?

Asteroids

Hey I have that exact poster on my wall
That's a good idea for a game though, I'd play it

Yeah I knew about the big ass-fuck nuke powered battleship, but the FUCK HUGE CONTINENT-SHATTERING NUKE, PROPELLED BY MORE NUKES was new to me.

The cold war was fucking crazy, man.

There are a few afaik, mostly on pc and untranslated.

He could prevent his poisoning. Fucking Emil.

You're a disgusting person.

I mean we're not supposed to like shills but this shit looks cool.

Shills barely even exist, man, one guy showing off stuff from a game he's working on isn't "shilling"

2008 one is good but untranslated, but most of the commands are pictures so jap isn't necessary, but you need to remember a lot of the show and recreate it in order to clear the campaigns.

>giving a combat vessel that level of industrial capacity
I don't understand

Shit > Your Opinions

NO

Everspace

Thanks
If I could draw, I'd add logh ships to the game

Is it possible to find a good torrent for the Laserdisc release?

I hear that there were some scenes replaced with bad digital animation in the DVD/Blu-Ray release as well as some subtitle fuckery, so I want to see if I can get access to the original show.

Which space game should I buy and play next?
>Evochron Legacy
>AI War
>something else
I've been keeping an eye on your progress for a while, if you add LoGH ships I will fly out to wherever you are and suck your dick

probably some supcom level magic fabrication tech

t. Reinhard Von Musel

Not that I know of, I've only been able to find the DVD release
The animation fuckery really only happens towards the beginning of the show anyway, they let it rest on its own as it goes on, which makes sense considering that the animation gets way better

Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday

The main problem is that I can't draw for shit. Also, who owns the copyright for logh? I'd rather not run into legal problems.

Star wars rogue squadron
All of em senpai

>there are people that think that Kircheis isn't the most perfect waifu of all time

>Buy game
>Commands are all for an xbox controller
>Kircheis is yelling at me.
>Games for windows live has crashed.
Fucking bandai.

All I wanted to was to play as my husbando.

That's pretty much the game. I love it

Starsector with mods is really solid. Industry/exploration is actually for real coming soon™ and the AI is competent to the point where the AI will push your shit in if you vent incorrectly or use beams to keep you at range.

literally perfect for that m8

Good suggestion but I've already played it

Galaga

this

but stay away from X-Still birth, its consolized garbage

We need an Expanse game. I want to put the Martian boot to belter scum.

Good starsector rip off.

Yes. It's so great for exactly what you described. If you have a flight stick it's even better. One thing they got right is flight physics. It feels very realistic IMO and it's very rewarding when you get good at it.

My main issue is that the game lacks an overall goal. Like it's literally just grinding and flying, which is fun but can get boring.

Bottom line: get it right now if that's really what you're looking for.

Hey spacebros, if you like realistic spacecraft you should check out spacethatneverwas.tumblr.com/
He's an artist who does these really high quality drawing of cancelled or hypothetical space missions

Reminder that if you liked LOGH, to get out there and buy the books so they make more

80s/90s anime has such a nice look to it
Way better than the ultra bright, sharp bullshit of modern anime

Elite is a really strange position, It's not "bad" per say, but it suffers from a number of problems ranging from terrible game design decisions, to an absolutely cancerous player base (forum dads) who won't let this game evolve into something more then just an HD remake of Elite 84.

If you're looking for an immersive spaceship game to just enjoy flying around on joy rides, then this game is awesome, just don't expect a deep complex game experience beyond that.

>the books have finally been translated
WHAT
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS

Yeah you can even get audiobooks of them on amazon.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah.
Vol. 2 came out at the end of Aug for me. I think you can preorder up to vol 5.

Also, what do the ships in logh shoot, lasers? So far I've only programmed in regular cannon rounds; I'd probably have to do some more work to simulate lasers correctly. And how does the liquid metal work on Iserlohn Fortress, and how would an attacker overcome its defense?

Planets are really big.

EVE Online

Kinda

BLUE
FUCKING
LASERS

And to overcome the defenses you need to have boarders
Or be Yang Wenli
Or both

Audiobooks are pretty good, if you get the ebooks on amazon you can add the book on for like 2 bucks extra. Would recommend, the guy puts a lot of effort into pronouncing german things correctly
which means they sound completely different than the animu

:)

Lasers as
Says.

There is "mine fields" too.

Halcyon 6

Amazing game like FTL

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
Independence War
Starshatter: The Gathering Storm

I think they use some form of particle beam.

From what I remember the liquid metal seemed to just be suspended in space, I imagine on top of some kind of shield. So when it's shot it just fills back in like dropping a rock in a pond.

A barrage of fire would probably work reasonably well as long as it was physical attacks and not lasers and such. They might have some effect but who knows.

Other options could include anti-gravity devices just to repel all the liquid metal.

So I would have to program a laser projectile thing...
What if I can't board Iserlohn? How much would I have to shoot at it to get through the liquid metal?

Fractured Space is such a shitty game yet all the reviews are positive. Christ!

The new Battlefleet Gothic game is pretty good. Though it's closer to standard naval combat than anything else.

>physical attacks and not lasers and such.

What? Lasers arnt magic you know. They hit with heat and energy

Where did you get the poster?

Cel animation has its charm.

A LOT
In the anime the only thing that could penetrate its armor was another fortress with an even more powerful main gun
You should just put in boarding parties anyway, space marines are cool

Fucking Iserlorn Jr. shot it with its main cannon and only penetrated a couple of decks.

If your actually asking for calculations of how tough iserlohn is then this isnt the place to ask

Think it was just amazon, I also have an Alien poster right next to it and a Blade Runner poster behind me

I remember one episode the empire was besieging Iserlohn, and they fired a concentrated barrage of missiles at a point in order to push the liquid outward so there was an exposed part of the fortress for a while.

That's exactly it. It's a pool of liquid metal. What are you going to do? Make it evaporate?

Heat might be viable but the amount of energy required to heat an entire fortress sized marble would be incredible.

Considerable amounts of both would be lost due to refraction and displacement anyway.

Yeah but the hole was only made by Geiersburg's gun in the first place, unless what you're talking about happened in the later battle and I just forgot

elite dangerous

So if the fortress is basically impenetrable, how should I implement it such that it can still be captured somehow? Having some kind of boarding/interior gunbattle mechanic would require too much work.

Didn't they just park a fleet on the other side to use the fleet's gravity to make a tide?

Which one of all mentioned games in this thread I can control a capital ship class? I just want a big ass ship to control.

You could just do it like starsector does and make it so that more/more skilled marines beat the enemy's combatants

>a fleet
It was an entire fortress and it was just barely enough to cover up the Thor Hammer with the liquid metal, not make a hole anywhere

Why would liquid metal be any more resistant to lasers then kinetic weaponry?

Realistically you would just bombard the fortress with KKVs anyway, its not a very good design. Unless im forgetting something and it can manoeuvre around at an appreciable speed it would be helpless to long range kinetic bombardment.

>Kircheis
Googled this name, now I regret it
How big of a surprise was his death suppose to be?

Not really

Well they didn't use kinetic weapons on either side aside from missiles, it was all about dem lasers because battles can happen at ranges of up to 20 light seconds
Happens at the end of season one
If you're going to watch the show don't google the show at all or anything from it
In fact, get out of the thread because there are already a LOT of spoilers here
Go watch the show

>Shill detected! Get off my board.

Where can I buy this

post your go-to ship names

Alright, thanks for the heads up

It's fine I had the same problem but it came as a surprise to me anyway - just don't ever google lotgh again until you've watched it

youtube.com/watch?v=R9ktgN80MP4&list=PL79E5a0wBpi63v5gPBgCXSZocon5ZzTlP

This. If you like space exploration games and you haven't played this yet then you are a dumb retard.

Put all the other dumb shit on the back burner and play this instead.

When playing as a smuggler in Starsector I always name my first freighter the Orient Express

Is there just some kind of dialog box that says:
>attack
>let them go
that would be a lazy way to do it. If I were to have a boarding mechanic, you would have to actually enter the ship and kill/capture the enemy crew yourself.
Now I remember; the second fortress created the tide and the fleet moved around to shoot at the lower side.
How big is big?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79E5a0wBpi63v5gPBgCXSZocon5ZzTlP

here's the series on yt if anyone's interested

if anyone has any better alternatives i'm open

May want to watch:
youtube.com/watch?v=DtrL-WWLU3s
and then youtube.com/watch?v=acw7-dOI3vQ
first - skip to episode three after.

Firstly, regarding Starsector
You should play it, I think it might give you some good ideas for your game

Secondly, I've told you before, Tier 1 is not a good name

>Well they didn't use kinetic weapons on either side aside from missiles, it was all about dem lasers because battles can happen at ranges of up to 20 light seconds

I meant building a few accelerators in another star system, the idea is a long acceleration time of a fuckload of impactors. The question is whether the fort could manoeuvre out of the way, if it cant then there is literally no defence against it once the impactors are launched even if it takes a year to travel.

Homeworld, kind of.

Void Destroyer isn't a bad way to pass the time.

Logically, it's a good idea, but in the confines of what the author was trying to do, drawing parallels between these space battles and the battles of the Napoleonic period, it's a bit too high tech and detached

Bistromath fior war ship.
Business End for travelling ship.

Anyway, Homeworld.

GSV Automated Capitalism

Why are space threads the best threads on Cred Forums?

I agree, I was just thinking of ideas to beat it without boarding.

SW and 40k threads are also nice.
Lying Bastard.

I've got to get into steam first
zillo7.itch.io/tier-1
It's too late, I've already set the name on steam greenlight and I've bought a domain name.

I want more games to feature mega-structures.

Even just as background elements and skyboxes.

Go read Blame!

Is this one of them intellectual anime?

ive read all of Nihei's stuff, so good

Is your game just playing Oliver Poplan?
yes

They announced a new anime last fall. I imagine in the same vein as Arslan, a new take on the novels instead of a remake/re-imagining of the ova.

Are there any turn-based fleet combat games that do something like the Leviathan Warships style of asynchronous, spline-based controls?

Dream game is something that combines that with something like Star Sector, and has actual crews and ship interiors that are used in grid-based TBS during combat as well.

It could be if you want.

I started reading vol 2 earlier today
FPA ships apperently use Rail cannons, heat guns and missiles
So yeah, railguns and lasers

user that's weird as fuck. Have you not gotten round to other entities scaling in size or something?

>heat guns
I've got the other two, so the only thing left is lasers.
Also, do the ships have shields of any kind? I remember seeing in some episodes how some of the capital ships deflected/absorbed hits.

fuck, watching that set me into a trance, and I'm not sure why.
The scaling is kinda odd though

You greenlight page mentions you are looking for ideas, elaborate?

You could go the standard vidya boss route and have it periodically open vulnerable docking bays to send out ships after you destroy a certain amount

>Tier One is quick ship to ship combat
>Tier Two is the sequel with the same assets, but the player takes the role of admiral and organises battles on a grand scale

He doesn't know video games very well and he needs an ideas guy who has experience in playing lots of video games, no coding experience required just good ideas.

It's a very well paid position.

That webm is really old; the projectiles/missiles are scaled up when you zoom out. Otherwise they would be to difficult to see.
I'm running out of ideas for features to add, but I got some more from this thread. What would you want to see in a 2d space combat game?

projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/

check out project rho if you want random ideas for space stuff, under the 'click to show topics' button at the top

Make sure that there are at least some weapons that don't have a 360 degree firing arc, if that's not already in

Also, seriously, just go play Starsector, I guarantee it'll give you ideas for features to put in

>all this soft sci-fi

I know you said you where a shit artist, but have interesting backgrounds. You could probably find some free use stuff on the internet

Different types of starts and stellar phenomena ect.

a better question would be What game let me get into a capital ship and unleash the power of 100's of turrets all around me

I mean the thread was started with an image from a somewhat soft sci-fi anime, so

be the change you want to see, faggotron

Fortresses like Iserlohn would be cool
Or a space debris system, where the more the battle drags on, the more cluttered and dangerous the surrounding space is?
Maybe stuff like singularity bombs, that could mess with gravity, pulling surrounding ships/debris in? Or if you've read Ender's Game, you could throw in something like an MD Device

Well I can't really think of a better solution, but it does look weird as fuck.
Best I can think of is just to have them circled when they're too small, like your sensors are telling you their position. But even that seems kinda shit.

Boring and tedious

Both of these are done already. When ships are destroyed, they break apart and the fragments stay around until the end of the game.
Some of the guns (mostly in fighters) fire in the direction the ship is pointing. See old webm related.

I've already used a couple, but I have to avoid using licensed stuff since I'd like to sell copies of the game.
I'll start reading this

Freelancer is massively more accessible than the x series. X feels more like a spreadsheet game.

>X feels more like a spreadsheet game.
Because it's made by germans.

>a big gun
Yes, very mature of you.

I agree, Freelancer is a lot easier to get into. It feels more rewarding to play as well.
X feels like I'm playing Eve, which isn't entirely bad but it's just so fucking slow and buggy as well.

Rebel Galaxy

youtu.be/HMZPVgycrAE

Simple gameplay epic soundtrack.

OP said good space games

How the fuck would a Culture space game even work.

>milliseconds long engagements

It's been a long time for me. CCP ever fix cap/supercap projection? My boys in Best Fed and Blue Republic still kicking?

I LOOK ABOVE
THE STARS ARE BRIGHT

I CAN SEE THROUGH THE STARS
INTO YOUR HEART

>LOGH reaction images are becoming a thing

What a time to be alive.

Yet I'm blinded by your light.

NO NEED FOR CRYING
LET OUT YOUR FEELINGS

They are always a thing.

SO NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, IT'S NEVER FAR

EVE online

HEAVEN SEEMS SO FAR AWAY
COME BACK TO ME SOMEDAY

Also, think about getting Stellaris by torrent don't you date support Johan monetarily.

News to me.

SOMETIMES IT GETS SO HARD WITHOUT YOU
IT SEEMS TO ME, THE WHOLE WORLD'S AWAY
SUMTIME IT GET SO HAHD WEEDOUT YU
IT SEEMS TU ME, DA WHO WHIRRS A WAAAAAY

We are asking to 'control a spaceship' at the very least,
not """""control""""" a spaceship.

DU YUO NO YUO HAV A CROO, Y I WAZ BURN TO WEED DIS WIDRY DAY

X3: Terran Conflict.
Slap in a cockpit mod and you're good.

I THINK OF YU, OOH YU HORDING ME TIIIII
NOW FEER YOU WARMF REVIIIIIIIIII

Why the fuck was the 4th OP pronounced so much worse than previous ones

IT MUS BE SOM TING THAT CUMS FROOODING IN TU MAH HAAU

Everspace

>an unfinished 7 Days clone is better than No Man's Sky

DER MUSH BE SHOOOMFING
DAT REEDS ME THROO DA SPASH BETWEE

Reunethal, Mittermeyer, Schenkopp, and Dusty best boys. And that one guy I forgot who married the random ice cream chick. And Kirchesis.

Also what do you guys think of Gratuitous Space Battles?

>more and more people are finally watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Thank you based god, more people are watching the best anime of all time

Best song coming though.

youtube.com/watch?v=A9cLuRVJbGY

IT SEEM SO FAA AWRAY WEAVCUMBATI ONRY ASTARTE

star citizen

Don't click or hover over this image spoiler.

Best piece of actual classical music coming through
>tfw battle of amlitzer
youtube.com/watch?v=pVOh4r2nOOw

TONIGHT WIRF YU I PRAY TO DA BRIREST STAH ON DA HEAVENRY SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This nigga knows what's up.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DELETE THIS
DELETE
THIS
Also this reaction image is even more appropriate now, I realize

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
STOP

The Magician Did Not Return

>thread on Cred Forums
>talking about good space games
>AND LoGH
Today is a good day to be on Cred Forums

starsector

>The Golden Age of sci-fi is long over.

Alright, fags, we need to have a serious discussion
Did Oberstein do nothing wrong? Or did he do EVERYTHING wrong?

I clicked. I shouldn't have.

The golden age of Sci-fi is yet to come

D E L E T E
E
L
E
T
E

Why aren't we talking about LOGH games?

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
DELETE THIS FUCKING IMAGE RIGHT FUCKING NOW

>like FTL
not at fucking all

>grind resources
>do your combo in a typical JRPG combat system
that's the whole game

Left or Right, Cred Forums?

The Boiling Hell

He was just really autistic.
Exhibited every one of pic related over the course of the show.

Hard decision
I think I'm going to take the third option and choose Kircheis no homo

they both look like traps

I'LL BE DEAD BEFORE THEN

Have none of you played any of the games?

youtube.com/watch?v=uMYAATQDOEQ

There will never be anything as good as LotGH/GitG and OS/NG/DS9 Star Trek.
As far as vidya is concerned there hasn't been a golden age on the same scale of anime and movies/tv, space sims had a good run along the occasional RPG aka Deus Ex/ System Shock

I haven't
>kircheis level 12, reinhard level 12
Reminder that Kircheis was an even more skilled commander than Reinhard, the only person to defeat Yang

right

playing Starsector .72a, and during economy stabilization the game crashes which I narrowed down to New Galactic Order. Im using the version of NGO gotten straight from the mod index, but it crashes and says that stuff is missing. Is NGO no com,pletley updated? when I downloaded and turned on new ships/weapons pack i got a different error message, so I think the pack contained some of the things for NGO

Elite Dangerous

Don't ever pay full price for it, get it on a sale with the Horizons expansion.

Select your character.

Just wait for the next update to come out including exploration, randomly generated systems, outposts, industry, space stations in combat, etc, and wait for it to break all your mods

Reuenthal!

>reuental and mittermeyer not being right next to each other
Don't do this to me

ya, I managed to get my Imperial Admirals up to like 50, but I switched computers and lost my save data. Is it possible to play online with a pirated version because the AI is subpar even on what I think is hard difficulty.

>another space game thread ruined by anime faggotry
>muh ships that die in 1 hit

fuck off weebs

It used GFWL so I doubt you could play it online with a legit copy at this point.

Fuck off, this thread was always going to be about LotGH with that OP image
Also, I'm not a weeb, I hate most anime

youtube.com/watch?v=yERghbLSBrw

Oberstein or bust

By Request Only

/bestboy/ coming through.
Dex > STR
Although those trousers really cling to his arse in that scene.

less than 2 weeks till star citizen 2.6 and more tech demos

they are finally giving the dogfighting mode a serious balance pass so we can see if the gameplay will be shit or not

Get the fuck out of here

>implying Cred Forums likes good anime
A more accurate post would be

Let's discuss the real /best/ boy.

I'm glad Reuenthal shot that piece of shit
Job Truniht worst politician of my life

Should've checked out /jp/ around 2008-2009.

Good pick

All sci-fi is "soft" sci-fi since the moment you put FTL in your setting you've already gone mental

Honestly, this shit is part of the reason why Battlefield 2142 was so fucking excellent.

Sometimes you'd have absolute madmen as commanders who literally bumped titans, and craziness ensued.

yeah, last year ccp nerfed the jump range of everything. All combat capitals got reduced to only 5 light year range, jump freighters the rorqual (I think) and black ops battleships have 10 LY range. In addition to that they added a thing called jump fatigue, which long story short slows capital travel down immensly. The upside is that capitals can take stargates now.

If you like orchestral music, I put together this timelapse of a 4 hour long game a while ago:
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_zN7X53AiM

The map editor is nearly done; then I can move on to something else.

And it's alive again.

Descent

X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter

Lol, why are you faggots posting Reuenthal? He's by far the laziest commander in the fleet, just look at this. He's filthy drunk while on duty, what a mess!

Thank god Mittermeiyer is there to tuck him in.

This. /m/ is still mostly g-reco shitposting even now.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Imperial Acadamy, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Terraism, and I have over 300,000,000 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top admiral in the entire Reich naval forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this universe, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Neueland and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Black Lancers and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the galaxy, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>18 QUINTILLION BLANEDS :DDDDD
>MULDIBLAYER :DDDD
>A HUGE SEGRED IN THE CENDER OF THE GALAGZY ITS MUH DIK :DDDDD

>Only time mittermeiyer was late

;_;7
You're late, Mittermeyer
>he couldn't even have one last drink with his best friend

Hard sci-fi doesnt have FTL dude

Unbelievably based

>space trucks and barges

Every fucking time.

youtube.com/watch?v=RLhK2WQ5-XM

Best OP, any other answer is factually incorrect.

This show is eternal suffering
youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg

This is the first time I have seen an anti LotGH comment outside of Cred Forums. good job

We all make fun of this game, but I genuinely feel bad for Sean. He never wanted any of this. I mean go back and watch that interview where he is asked about how the hype of the game is probably going to lead to a ton of sales. His kinda sits there and then responds:

>I am afraid of disappointing everyone

I've never been to Cred Forums, their taste is shit, but is it really that shit?
They talk shit about this, a masterpiece?

the massive overhaul is unlikely to be more balanced out the gate, they're just throwing shit at the wall at this point.

Then maybe he shouldn't have straight-up lied about his game

Galaga

>cant play the 2008 games because of gfwl bullshit.

Shit is treasonous

youtube.com/watch?v=E-jEP_W9D4w

No, not again, it already hurt me once

Yes, Cred Forums will shit talk about something as that and than circlejerk about some generic solshit.

Literally what even is there to criticism about LotGH, it's literally perfect

Cred Forums will talk shit about anything even remotely popular. It's much like Cred Forums, you see.

It is the only classic anime that can get daily threads there besides EVA but a few contrarians will shit on it there

Deaths that hurt the most:

Reunethals = Yangs, then Schenkopp's, then Bucock's salute to democracy ;_;7

What if he was being forced into it by sony or something.

>not even mentioning Kircheis
Why user, why?

It's Cred Forums and modern Cred Forums is more cancerous version of Cred Forums.

He was a red head, he was a witch!

>Bucock's salute to democracy
I don't have any reaction image or emoticon that allows me to express the hurt and respect I feel with regards to that

Cool stuff man. Thanks for the link.

Why the fuck would you make anybody suffer through that again?

They literally had their entire government wiped out just to have reinhard come to power.

I really hope no one comes into this thread and gets massively spoiled for the show if they were going to watch it

>Be terminally ill
>Get to Reunethal's speech about not screaming in pain and staying a admiral
>Have eternal husbando
>Remake rumours mean lewds can come

I'm gonna die happy Cred Forums.

Bucock's salute was great because even a minorish character can have a death that gets to you. It couldn't have been done any better.

I wish we got more not shit space vidya

I don't recall him laughing though its been awhile.

Their government was fucking terrible anyway

What the fuck was his problem?

LotGH's animation is more appealing to me than this
He smiles literally once

NO ONE REMEMBERS FAHRENHEIT FUCK YOU GUYS

Same reason we don't have DCS with mechs.

Noone wants to pay for it.

Fahrenheit was pretty cool
Farewell, I doubt we'll ever meet again
;_;

That is the real question not enough people bother to ask.

Oh, a Ghost drone. Too bad writers tend to forget these things exist. And VF game by Project ACES never.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA WHY REMIND ME OF THIS
WHY LIVE

At least Rogue System shows promise

To try and somewhat steer this thread in a videogames direction: what current game has the potential to best recreate LoGH? Elite Dangerous has an Empire vs a Federation, but politics are pretty barebones from what I can tell. Star Citizen has some interesting political depth, but seems to focus mostly on a unified Humanity Fuck Yeah suppressing criminals and keeping xenos out. NMS doesn't appear to have any meaningful faction content at all. Maybe an indie game I don't know?

Dying because of Bittenfield is a pretty shit way to go, desu famchan

Aurora 4x
Stellaris with mods

Bittenfeld did some things wrong but I still like him a lot
youtube.com/watch?v=KfD5jYBFB0M

youtube.com/watch?v=ko7OJ5oufdk

>you will never marry Yang

I forgot about Stellaris. it looks pretty cool, but seems like it's already been forgotten. does it have much longevity?

Damn Cred Forums yall made my fuckin day with this thread!

>Raising somebody elses kid

Was Mittermeiyer a cuck, Cred Forums?

Stellaris is... difficult to pin down
On one hand, I've been wanting a game like it for a long time and it pushes a lot of the right buttons for me
On the other hand, it needs serious quality of life improvements and significantly more content and customization options
I have almost 100 hours in it but I'm not going to play any more until they add more meaningful content not fucking PLANTS FOR EIGHT DOLLARS JOHAN YOU JEW

The guy legit seemed really passionate about it in interviews. Not like a guy just trying to sell lies. And I mean they had been working on it for awhile before it blew up and became super popular right? I mean unless he is just a really good actor.

it was an interesting game before the story went completely off the tracks

>giving his son to Mittermeyer to adopt as his own
>makes Mittermeyer a cuck according to neo-Cred Forums
Stop it.

Stop it

Stellaris is shit. It has the same problem most 4X games do but they are magnified tenfold.

Exploring and discovering shit is fun but it only lasts about an hour. Then you have about ten more following of boring everything else. It might be fun in a few years after half a dozen major content patches/DLCS and a shitload of mods but if I were you I wouldn't touch it at the moment.

Even though he was only for the OVAs, I liked this guy a lot, he was like a proto-Reunethal but more self-destructive.

Russia does.
There's boat load of Russian fanfiction and art.

There's an empire skin/name list for Stellaris.
I played it once. Then did a lotgh run. Then dropped it. It feels like most runs are the same late game. This too
Bittenfield was tortured.

It's never implied that either he was cuck.
Because when Oskar as the wedding they point out she was loyal IRC

I have no idea what's happening

He's to meta. He that very competent quiet commander that everyone forgets both inshow and irl.
>also coolest fleet imo. dat paint scheme

Dude, the game has improved a lot now. I stopped playing it about a week after it came out due to the event log bug happening and shit like that but its better now.

These youtube videos are affecting my productivity; here's another
youtube.com/watch?v=GXP4KnDPJSg

/r/ing Yang Wenli, have you seen this wizard pic.

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

They fought a battle by a black hole, and the Imperial fleet got wrecked.

I literally cried bitch tears, no joke.

>Reunethal brings Mittermeiyer's wife a bouquet of flowers
>Describes how much he likes her
>Reunethal is a well know womanizer

Of course people watching now would throw up the cuck card, but it really is just Wolfgang raising his dead best friend's son along with his wife because neither can have children.

Based Bittenfeld, Black Lancers are awesome

I'm a huge sucker for extremely aggressive military units who do nothing but frenzy and charge

The worst part was he intentionally died for his wife who spoiled his self-sacrifice after the Empire gives up on him and his wife murder of her brother who killed her ex-lover. Holy shit that hit hard.

I cried at Kircheis', Bucock's, Yang's, and Reuenthal's

The question of LotGH isn't who dies but who survives.

Evochron wasn't too bad.

Most of the other stuff mentioned here is good too.

Also EVE

There has to be a LOGH mod for Homeworld somewhere.
But I think we'd all like something more Total War IN SPACE with control of hundreds of ships per unit, with hundreds of units, plus the movement of Homeworld

Fuck yeah Black Lancers

This was so bullshit. It was what set me on the path to dropping LoGH.
It sets up scenarios that the Empire should win due to overwhelming tactical superiority yet every single alliance commander just keikakus their way out of it time after time after fucking time even though Reinhard's whole thing wasn't that he himself was a great strategic and tactical leader but he instead gathered loads of people who where around him. I thought it would somewhat end when Wen-li died but then that faggot Julien stepped in and mary sued over the place even harder.

I don't know if it is different in the novels but LoGH was set up to be a titanic clash like one between Wellesley and Napoleon or Hannibal and Scipio but instead every single battle was fucking Cannae.

Me irl

eve onine, and you can control ships the size a few meters and 18 kilometers

Fuckin' Andrew Fork.
>Smug asshole
>Faints when being told no.
Fuckin' hate that guy

The combat system really ruins the game.

>no hot guys

>faggot who probably hasnt even played

Mittermeiyer was THE bro in the series, people usually pick Kircheis or Julian but Mitt is up there with those two.

You too, Felix?

>Julien
>mary sued
>mentor and father figure: Yang for tactics and strategies
>combat trainer: Schenkopp
>constantly hangs around Poplan and Dusty, two of Yang's closests friends
user.
Apter would be Kircheis or Dusty. Dusty was to Yang what Kircheis was to Reinhard.

That image was actually about the author's later work, and that anime was kinda bad.

Anyone have that story about humans being the scary creatures that are from a sort of space bermuda triangle?

Who /poplan/ here?

Exactly. Julien and his merry band of faggots could have conquered the entire galaxy with only a stick and an empty can between them. All of the tension created by interplanetary geo politics evaporated when the alliance could just press the I win button in absolutely any situation.

Is that one of those HFY stories from /tg/?

Daily reminder

god damnit you're making me wanna watch the entire damn thing again. I CAN'T DO IT. I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME FUCK YOU.

>tfw no space empire.

It was really an interesting inversion of what the normal story is
In LotGH the autocracy was more effective and more beneficial than the corrupt-ass democracy it was fighting
I wish we'd get more like that instead of more HURF DURF THEY'RE AN EMPIRE SO THEY'RE AUTOMATICALLY THE EVIL GUYS

That Mittermeiyer guy sure sounds competent, I bet he'd make a great politician.

Yeah, I think so. Where the aliens didn't understand the concept of a warning shot.

>tension
>with Job ruining the FPA from within
>implying Job didn't cripple the FPA military; and soon afterwards Schenkopp dies anyway
You just mad man, stop hating on the prodigy of the prodigy.

Does it have joystick support yet?

>bittenfield

pffff

I was hooked on this show the very first episode
I loved those two beautiful gayboys and also my dick got hard at all the BLUE FUCKING LASERS flying everywhere all the time

Thanks user

Best girl coming through.

there are a bunch of lotgh inspired kickstarter games but they are all stuck in development hell

like this one Flagship. it's the kind of gameplay i really want in a game. Being a commander on a bridge. I really just want to do tactical fleet formation stuff with a large number of ships.

youtube.com/watch?v=A6zdOixScfQ

Bergengrün had a hard life. ;____;

this T.B.H.

>new series starts next year

>that poor viper getting booped

RIP space police shields.

It's better with the soundtrack.

Proto-Asuka felt like she was spotting 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Bitch had no chill.

HFY is the patricians' choice.

>but you need to remember a lot of the show and recreate it in order to clear the campaigns

don't know why but I lol'd

wish this series would get a revival so we could get some games

Show me where he did though?
They were very clear about what it was and was not going to be. Everything it is now was fully within my expectations of the game, and it probably would have been in yours too if you actually paid any attention at all to the game before it was released.

Totally-Not-Asuka >>>>>>>> Actual Asuka
She wasn't an unreasonable bitch for no reason literally all of the time

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_ship_moves

is this one of the LOGH OVA's?

what a stupidly big series

all the space dudes look normal but every time they destroy a planet it looks like ancient greece or some shit down there
what gives?

Who here remembers Cred Forumslancer

M U L T I P L A Y E R
That's Gunbuster, check the filename

HARD MODE:

Post a space game where you can't go to space

>gunbuster.webm

I started x3 reunion I think and it was comfy as fuck and seemed really cool but I have no idea what to with myself after that escort mission. Also I have no idea how to avoid getting my shit pushed in while fightig, it seems like ive gotten by luck

Usually Charon.

Hello Star Ocean

Its hard to gamify that, especially as something more interesting than napoleonic warfare IN SPACEZ.

Time, communication, and distance are all abstract in order to benefit whatever the show wants to make seem clever at the time.

Personally I'd be more hype as fuck for a silent hunter type of bridge simulator space game. Make information warefare king, and being a focus on your own ship makes it more personal.

>wish this series would get a revival so we could get some games

You mean like the 2017 anime series?

>tfw no tsundere pilot gf to fight together against a tyrannical empire and for a return to democracy

I remember it being back before everyone was afraid of reddit.
It's so fucking old there's a trollface in one of the systems and Crab Nicholson and nobody batted an eye at it.
I miss it so much.

Looks like X-Bomber had a diet.

Oh so you actually didn't pay any attention to the multiple times they explicitly said you won't be able to fly around with your friends, and the chances of seeing someone are incredibly low?
He likened the multiplayer to something like seeing other peoples gravestones in something like terraria or dark souls, and then went on to explicitly say that the cooperative type of multiplayer that's also included in those games won't be a part of no man's sky.

You literally just didn't pay any attention at all and now you're mad about it because you're a retard.

The guy running the planet decided he wanted everyone to look like ancient Greece. The whole Empire is basically space Prussia.

HFY shouldn't entertain me as much as it does.

NIGHTMARE MODE

Post a space game where you don't go to space

But still control a spaceship

Holy fuck Cred Forumslancer is so goddamn good.
I noticed the other day that I'm still in the steam group ;_;

WHAT

WHAT IS IT

A sort of Minecraft but not esque game where you build in space.

I would swear there's another episode early on where a planet gets fucked and they all look like ancient greece

They're doing more LotGH stuff in 2017
It's not going to be a direct remake or retelling, either

I remember that time the admins tried to gather everyone for an adventure, and we flew through a minefield, entered a scary gas cloud system, at which point a giant alien battleship the size of a planet appeared and killed everyone

It was amazing.

youtu.be/TxWN8AhNER0?list=LLSSK4QLI3j_k7Jb9bXN4avg

>tfw the entire fortress including your superior officer as well your estranged father is cheering on that weird Minci kid to fuck you.

That is the small time rebellion that the red hair fuccboi has to deal with that is defended by the first Artemis necklace. Think its episode 3 or 4

I watched all of it last year and this year, I don't recall any planet where they dress like ancient Greeks. It's pretty consistently late 19th century central european peasantwear all throughout.

Oh fuck I hope it gets a good budget.

The ultimate drink some tea and turn on some soft beats game.

It's fucking comfy and the updates just keep coming. Great game to get behind, surprised me.

Never before have so many people shipped the same thing into existence

I hope it gets a good budget but I hope it isn't Evangelion Rebuild tier dogshit
If it just turns into super CG jrock space battles I'll drop it

Ah, thanks, guess I'll have to go finish the rest of the series all in one sitting

This is the best way to watch LotGH

youtu.be/hIXSDhxJoYI

X-Wing VS TIE-Fighter

now name a good space animu that isn't LoGH

>watch the episode before this one
>get to the preview scenes at the end for the next episode
>"ha yea right. Its gonna be a bait and switch"
>it actually happens

I had to stop watching for the rest of the day.

>ctrl f
>kerbal space program
>0 results

OP if you're still here get KSP. It's the ultimate spaceflight sim.

right here guy
youtu.be/Lw32hadCgfE?t=14m12s

Berserk got fucked which makes me skeptical that this will be well produced. Also, at least half of the charm of the original series was the quality of the traditional animation and art; It had a marvelous budget for that kind of show. I don't think it would feel the same with digital art.

Jojo's is still good, though, so who knows.

Well you just posted it.

Are there any space games where you control a crew member on a ship? Maybe like one of the gunners. You can run down the hallway to your station and blast incoming ships from your big gun.

The Kastropf rebellion. i read that chapter last night in the books. it's sort of glossed over.

>Reinhard and Kircheis are both girls

Its a bad fucking show as far as spoiling itself goes.

lmao what

I've seen bits of the regular stageplay, what's this all girl musical?

in case any of you "feel bad" for sean

youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ

CAPTAAAAIIIIIINNNNNN!!!!!

The server is still up I think

DON'T WATCH THE PREVIEWS

HOW DID YOU MAKE IT THAT FAR IN THE SERIES WITHOUT REALIZING THAT

>kickstarter
Kickstarter is good for indie games, that's it. You can't make even an AA game on dreams and 700k-2m, and that's even if you're lucky as fuck with your campaign. This is not to say there can't be some modest indie lotgh out there waiting to be made but don't expect anything with even middling production values.
Yes I'm aware of Star Citizen, but there's only one guy who made Wing Commander and he's fucking busy now

Everyone is a girl, its a type of japanese theater.

Space Battleship Yamato
Captain Harlock
Macross SDF

>born 100 years too early to explore space

THANK FUCKING GOD.

I do not want to be engulfed in liquid metal when I die.

planetes

>those System Shock soundbytes at 36

or be hacked to death by axemen while sieging a german fortress

wait what

is there a macross series that stands up to Macross Plus? I tried one (forget which) and it just couldn't hold a candle. my fault for watching the last one first probably

Planetes

Outlaw Star is still one of my favs.
Does cowboy bebop count?

i agree with you.

even if it was a game that represented battles in dumb triangles and semi circles on a radar screen i'd still play that.

B A N N E R O F T H E S T A R S

I would say Macross 7 and SDF are both better. It's rather hard to compare though because they have like 38 and 50 episodes whereas plus is just three ovas and then a movie which is just a retelling so it's all jampacked quality because there is so little time.

I fucking loved that OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-OyT4ivkM

Megazone 32 counts right?

So when you say you want a logh game, what exactly do you mean?

Gundam is trash and it's virtually all they ever talk about.
That and toku garbage.
Get out /m/.

the one that came out last decade but better

House of the Dying Sun
Made by a Halo: Reach dev.
Inspired by Homeworld, EVE Online and X-Wing (all seminal space games)
BSG-Inspired music
BF3-level sound design

being in command of large space fleet or fleets and giving real time commands and having pewpew blue lazer battles with another large fleet and it takes days to complete one battle.

>HUD is not integrated into the cockpit

(´・ω・`)

>a lotgh/space thread is going to make it to bump limit on Cred Forums
Thank you, everyone, you've made my night way more enjoyable

I don't really get bothered with previews spoiling things. Plus I loved hearing the narrator say "The history of the universe turns another page" or whatever the line was.

lewd

>tfw you get spoiled by the episode previews

Obviously don't open this image if you haven't watched the series.

Star Trek Online

;______;7

That looks really fucking cool, i wish more space games dealt with logistics/rearm shit like that

SHART SHITIZEN

There's no stealth in space.

>tfw this webm is over a year old
The only reason the AI bots have unlimited fuel/ammo is because I'm not good enough to program the AI to go to the space station and dock properly.

>tfw fucking Romulans show up.

What happens when the tanker is hit by enemy fire?

So why do people say this game is shit, again?

it takes a solid case of mild aspergers to find it very fun

fortunately i'm all sorts of autistic

nothing special
Should something special happen?

gud thread

As of late I've played
>Fractured Space
A MOBA with 3D movement, it felt rather weak and there's no map variety but if you're a filthy normie and have friends you can probably strategize well and steamroll matches.
>Everspace
Roguelite space shooter, still in early access but is playable and quite alright, feels a little lacking though, and aside from future ship releases you can't fly whatever you want. It's made in UE4 so I hope there'll be mods for it.
>House of the Dying Sun
Homeworld-inspired mission-based space squad shooter, haven't played it yet but I hear lots of praise for it and the footage I've seen looks solid.

None of the above feature an open world or any world for that matter though.

>SILENT HUNTER BUT IN SPACE
Fuck I never knew how much I wanted this.

>as of late I've played
>haven't played it yet but I hear lots of praise for it