Game has guns

>Game has guns
>Hitpoint system
>LMG's do the least amount of damage while semi auto guns do the most

>liking Filthy Frank
You need to be 18 or over to use this website.

that's what has always pissed me off, LMG's are supposed to be tough to lug around, though heavy and take time to setup, they fire huge caliber rounds at insane speeds. Why the fuck would they do less damage in ANY scenario?

>pistol tickles the enemy
>have to swiss cheese them for a kill

IT'S FILTHY FRANK MUTHAFUCKAH

You're thinking of HMG's, user, but carried would be GPMG's.

Its because of game balance. You wouldnt want there to be no draws to using certain weapons. Why ever use a handgun when you can just use a smg? Why smg when you can ar? Why ar when you can use a shotgun, or lmg, or sniper?

Do you want every single enemy in the game running around willinilly firing lmgs are literally everything?

>unless it's a revolver
>then it fucking chunks enemy health and might even one shot.

>gun has viewmodel that points straight and steady but shoots randomly in a wide cone everywhere

>Hardest difficulty
>You take more damage and everything else becomes a gigantic bullet sponge
>Everything below
>Game's difficulty becomes a joke

Are you retarded? Just because someone posts an image of something doesn't mean they like it.

>Its because of game balance.
No it's not.

>You wouldnt want there to be no draws to using certain weapons.
It's already balanced in real life, there is no reason to come up with lazy nonsensical designs.

>Why ever use a handgun when you can just use a smg?
Because handguns are far better sidearms due to their compactness, concealability, weight of the weapon, ability to be shot with one hand and probably many other factors I can't recall right now.

>Why smg when you can ar?
Because smgs are lighter, use lighter ammo, perform better in cramed spaces such as corridors or small rooms, area easier to use at close range.

>Why ar when you can use a shotgun
Because ars are lighter, use MUCH lighter ammunition, have way higher rate of fire, have way higer magazine capacity, can be used to engage targets at far longer ranges, perform better against body armor, are more accurate, the projectile loses its energy slower when in flight.

>or lmg
Because lmgs are extremaly heavy and cumbersome when used by an individual soldier, use a lot of ammuntion, are harder to use up close or even on the move. They are generally very situational weapons.

>or sniper?
Because sniper rifles (assuming we are talking about precision bolt-action rifles) are also very situational weapons, they are heavier, they have extremaly slow rate of fire when compared to semi-auto rifles, they are extremaly hard to use well at close and even medium ranges, they are way harder to use with any degree of accuracy when on the move or out of an unsupported postion, etc.

Why do you think different categories of firearms exist in the first place? Because they all have thier advantages and disadvatages already you fucking moron.

Good devs should incorporate all of those aspects into gameplay (at least to a degree) instead of being lazy fucks.

Go back to /k/

>game has guns
>

Why can't games have a 'point buy' system for difficulty?

So you can have a variety of options that cover enemy numbers, damage for both player and enemies, AI complexity, general enemy accuracy, ammo pickup value and such. So if you fancy a relaxing slaughter-fest, you can ramp the enemy numbers as high as you damn well please and earn a ton of ammo per kill, or have a reasonable number of foes who can kill you as fast as you can kill them for an intense firefight where you need to be tactical and patient.

Then add thresholds that constitute a difficulty so that if you spend enough points it classifies as a general difficulty upgrade if you really need to tie it to achievements or whatever.

Really annoying when higher difficulties mean literally "every value that works against you is increased" rather than anything worthwhile.

ALL greentext stories suck ass.

Greentext is done to help the post-literate era Millennials process /x/, their atrophied brains can not process more than five words in a row. Paragraphs to them are undecipherable 'walls of text'. Greentext breaks info into 'byte'-sized chunks to help the spoon-feeding of data to Millennials. Also millennials are all jobless & broke and can only access the Internet through cellphones their mom gave them for Christmas, so they can only see tiny parts of a webpage at a time. Greentext again makes things small enough for Millennials to have a chance of understanding what's going on.

filthyfrank sold out

I figure it's unintentional he chose to go with the female method of shotgun suicide.

Some LMGs do fire 7.62 NATO which is a pretty big round for full auto

>Game has an gun called "Assault Rifle"
>Its just a shitty submachine gun
You know what you did Halo

Not at all.
He just has been doing a lot if stuff with his new buddies.
Surprising how he hasnt mentioned even a single thing about the drama yet.

> BF1: the post

Remember when there was a time before greentexting and "implying", and we hated the corruption of it's intended use?

We still hated trips first.

>getting mad over an image

Thats cause if it was any more accurate it would be better then the BR, and then everyone would have a heart attack

>embodiement of Cred Forums
>hatin

>sniper rifles kill in 1-2 hits but you can only hold 20 bullets

>assault rifles let you hold 100 bullets

>pistols let you hold 200 bullets

>can do the same headshot damage with pistols
>snipe people from 1000000000 yards away with pistols instead
>sniperfags BTFO

>Game gas LMGS
>They're fucking useless because of the ridiculous spread and recoil + low dmg
name one game that doesn't do this

Because game devs think that being able to fire 100 rounds or even 50 rounds of ammo at the same damage of an ar is totally unbalanced when they could add factors like overheating and jams. But no, they just love to be lazy about it and cut the damage of it in fourths

Can you put that in a tl;dr?

Ill use BF3 and I can only assume 4 as well though I havent played it.

There is literally never a reason to ever use anything but the lmg. They were better at everything except extreme sniping distances.

You could run around full autoing everything with literally no drawbacks. And could even use scopes and shit on them to make them even better. Short, medium, long, it didnt matter. Lmg. It could be everything and any one at anything.

Its because they made them realistic, to a point. They were just the best guns to use because they had high rof, tons of ammo, great damage, and little to no spread, and could be tap fired for perfect accuracy.

The only time you ever needed to play any different class was to do specific things like rpg a heli or tank.

Good games and good game devs do things like make lmgs have less damage or make the shotgun shit after 8ft because if they werent, they become broken overpowered shitfests.

If you want realism, play realistic games. Dont cry that every game doesnt follow pure suit because youre an autismo.

Red Orchestra 2

>shoot somebody with a single rifle shot to the gut
>They can still stand
???

Battlefield 3

>even knowing who that is

gj user, i really like your post

Are there any games out there were guns are realistic?
Like Im talking one shot to the knee will pretty much put someone down, or clean shot in the chest.
I hate unloading a clip to kill someone.

>Its because they made them realistic, to a point.
No, they didn't.

It's not possible to run around with a lmg all the time due to their weight, the weight of the ammuntion, the fact that they are harder to use at close range, I already talked about all of this for fucks sake.

>Good games and good game devs do things like make lmgs have less damage or make the shotgun shit after 8ft because if they werent, they become broken overpowered shitfests.
No, they are shitty devs who can't be bothered to actually do their research and implement proper gameplay mechanics to balance things out. Instead, they simply change some numbers because it's easier to do.

>If you want realism, play realistic games. Dont cry that every game doesnt follow pure suit because youre an autismo.
I want to play good game with meaningful mechanics, not nonsensical designs because the dev didn't care enough to implement them.

you can try ranbow six siege?

The Division had some of the worst gunplay I've ever seen in any game.

I'm 30 and I like him. I think he's clever with his between the lines commentary on internet society.

>overheating and jams
Oh boy, sounds like fun

Doom 2 RPG?

Red Orchestra.

One rifle shot to the torso, or 3-5 pistol / smg shots, to kill.

Shot in the leg slows you significantly, shot int he arm you drop your gun.

Machine Gun fire flying around you gives you a suppresion effect.

Iron sights actually just makes you use the sights, your vision doesn't magically zoom in.

Reloading halfway through a mag puts the half-empty mag back in your collection. So, reloading like that will give you five half-empty mags, it doesn't magically reorganize your bullets to give you a full mag each time. Also, you only have a clips or mags remaining counter, no bullet counter.

Revolvers can shoot some pretty damn big bullets though

That sounds fucking amazing. I'll definitely check it out.

Maybe.

Cool.

And most of them will permamently damage your hearing or simply make you deaf if shot indoors without ear protection.

This could potentially be a neat game mechanic if done right.

What if
A bullet
That gets bigger when fired

>easiest difficult on easiest settings make you a rampaging god of war
>hardest difficulty can have you sitting on your armored warhorse, giving out commands to your veteran army and then suddenly you get knocked unconscious from a rock thrown across the map
OUT FOR A STROLL, ARE WE?
Thank fuck M&B has levels of difficulty in between those two.

Do you think Halo or CoD or BF or even fucking things like Red Orchestra or ARMA would be any fun if they were as close to realisitc as possible?

Theyd all be the same boring ass "realistic" game with slow as fuck gameplay, instant kills everywhere (you would rarely survive anywhere from 1-3 bullets of any kind unless they were all superficial shots like to the feet or hands. And even then..), with shitty requirements like only being able to run certain amounts of distances before getting tired. Having shitty aim, and horribly op things like tanks or helis, the list goes on.

Kill yourself. Not every game needs to perfectly realistic. The non realistic nature of what most games are is what makes them fun and interesting. Realism and realisitic games have their place in things, but not every game needs to cater to realism.

>You know what you did Halo

>TFW the AR is finally actually good in halo 5

webm related, you can get some insane range off of it

>Make a neat-looking game with a somewhat interesting premise
>Feature customizable urban operators and cool gun customization with some neato abilities
>Make it a shitty Destiny knockoff with poorly-done RPG elements
Bravo, Ubi.

Should've just had Massive make a World in Conflict sequel.

I instantly lost any respect for my favorite video game magazine when in review they gave The Division a 9/10. Fucking disgrace

Don't forget their "listening to the fan" balancing

Say what you will about 343, the AR is pretty fucking good in 4 and 5.

Some games do things like this. Halo skulls, etc.

The problem is, once you get really granular, now you're just making the player balance the game for you.

Eh, in 4 it's more or less just a an SMG, like it is in most halo games. It's pretty good at that role, unlike in some of them, but it's still not preforming like an AR

Reach actually has my second favorite version of the AR behind 5.

This isn't inaccurate. Since revolver bullets are stored in the cylinder instead of the grip, bullets can be considerably bigger. If you stored them in the grip, you are limited by how big you can make the grip and still be comfortable in your hand.

What's a good, relatively cheap, low maintenance gun for a beginner?

Just go to the local gun store and ask. Just get one of the cheapest guns.
Remember, the gun doesnt cost money, the bullets do.

fallout NV

Also since it's a WWII setting (Eastern Front) not everyone gets assigned an MP44. There's limited slots for special weapons like anti-tank rifles.

Also, weapon weight is an issue. A rifleman runs faster than an engineer, because engineers are burdened down with satchel charges and anti-tank grenades.

>LMG's have so much spread they become useless after less than half a second firing

>handguns do more damage than rifles
>submachine guns do less damage per shot than handguns in the same caliber
>bolt-action rifles do more damage than semi-auto rifles that use the same ammunition

>guns have an upgrade system
>guns don't change in appearance when upgraded.

>Pistol does more damage than full auto rifle
>Knife is insta-kill
>LMG turns enemies into bullet sponges

The AR was a chainsaw in CE.
Hold down the trigger and sweep the room.

>LMG
>7.62 NATO
nope.

So why are you here?

MY DIAMOND
YOUR DIAMOND
PINK DIAMOND

>Surprising how he hasnt mentioned even a single thing about the drama yet.
What drama?

Pink Floyd - Shine on you crazy Diamond

The 2 man portable MGs that come to mind are the M60 and 240b. Though I think they classify as medium mgs.