youtube.com/watch?v=40DEipGcoXg
miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkSsJclEg?locale.lang=en-US
miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkVHFAqnw
miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkVe0VpUw?locale.lang=en-US
mega.nz/#!3R5lmJyK!lbUhvNujWJnTurQgZXOxBUmOFPXnsNzJlAHDREpo8RY
youtu.be/fb7tLlJ08S0?t=715
miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlwCjv-9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Will boxart Kirby ever be happy in the west?

It's not Fighter Kirby.

Except he is.

Toss kirby also has a bandana.

Wtf

Kirby was happy until games released after September 11, 2001

yfw this game was released 1 month to the day after they got bin Laden

wtf i hate kirby now (???)

at least backdrop was a sick power

I still don't understand what that background is supposed to represent

Why Backdrop?

Who knows.
>Throw has a blue bandana
>Suplex has a blue bandana
>Backdrop and Fighter have red bandanas

>Phan Phan replaced the beetle boss

bugzzy's in the game though, he just gives backdrop instead of suplex

>Fire and Burning
>Suplex and Throw
>Ice and Freeze

Adventure had some really redundant copy abilities.

What Mini-Bosses should be in the next Kirby game? which shouldn't be?

i wish they went with freeze's hat for modern games instead of ice, it looks way better

Mr. Frosty
Bonkers
Blocky
King Doo
Dubior
Misamoras
Gigant Edge

Ice Crown > Freeze Hat

ice climbers a shit

is the joke here that they appear way too often

B-b-but King Doo/Mr Frosty are kinda cool

m a y b e

mr. frosty is a butt slut

Anyone else remember going on the Kirby website and playing around with it around the Right Back At Ya/Air Ride era?

the inside of a tower?

that is the boss tower after all

>misamoras

Sure am excited for that new Kirby game, look at those models
nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nk4j/index.html

the poison guy

telephaos a shit

Miasmoros
it's the poison subspecies of Galboros monsters, the others being Flame Galboros and Water Galboros. It's smaller version is the Benogoo, counterpart to Galbo and Water Galbo.

The Dedede remix in this stage was dope

youtube.com/watch?v=r4ZKvvsi_zk

>Going in without an ability
>Everytime you kill a midboss, you take their ability and use it against the next one

I forgot how dope those GBA backgrounds are

For all the shit people give NiD for not recreating the backgrounds from Adventure, the backgrounds it had in place were charming in their own way

Post underrated tracks.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KG7GJgCv-7o

>That Drum line

Noice

youtube.com/watch?v=mnRq4qDbCh8
youtube.com/watch?v=QpfxrH3Tymc
youtube.com/watch?v=XEngzD8-stU

Man I wish that Taiko game with Kirby and 2hus would come over

>That first theme

Ah. That's the one I couldn't recognize in Robobot.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cMyYAZ_Whb0

MRRRRRRRRRRREOW

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Best Kirby game

MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

>that classic kirby voice synth

Upload more music with that beautiful sample

Bring back Boxy and whatever gave you Animal.
Remove Gigant Edge. Sword is a boring and overused ability

youtube.com/watch?v=N8PO82CmnIU

Beyond god-tier taste.

I have an orgasm every time that sample kicks in. Here, for your pleasure: youtube.com/watch?v=gTV8r9Sxm4Q

Am I the only one who really enjoyed squeak squad? I think its features would make great assets for future kirby games. The second screen being used as an "inventory" in kirbys stomach, ability mixing (although iirc that was only used to make sword variants), and kirby colour swaps through hidden and progress based treasure. It also didn't feel anywhere near as casualized as triple deluxe.

I liked it. The inventory was great and the treasure was good, as you say.
All Kirby games are pretty casual though user, and I think TD's final boss was way better.

Yeah I know all kirbys are super casual, but something about TD made me constantly feel like it was too easy. I will agree about that final boss though.

MMMMMMRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

It was probably the Hypernova. Also the implementation of Archer.

I can't help but love all Kirby games though, including SS. Doc is best

youtube.com/watch?v=Iha6_y4XR0M

Hypernova made me smile every time I used it. The enemy animations were great.

Oh shit, dude.

>Don't own a GBA or DS
>Go to the game website and just droll at gameplay videos of the abilities
I spent a decent amount of time on that website.

I fucking loved Hypernova too user, rainbow Kirby devouring Flowery Woods was amazing
I just hear that cited by others as a reason for whatever

So Kirby was angry about 9/11 the whole time?

"That fiend has been inflicting fear upon our populace for an unbearable excess of time."

"Should there be a soul to excavate Kirby, it must certainly be you, milord."

Reminds me of Scorching Back

"It is my mission to inflict martial force upon that Kirby and force his egress past the edge of the city streets."

youtube.com/watch?v=40DEipGcoXg
Perhaps not quite underrated, but still.

"The people and I are rallying in your name, your royal grace. You are an avatar of salvation amongst we, your subjects."

Batafire. Literally the cutest mini boss

"Ah, cease this at once. A diminutive individual such as myself... a savior and champion? CERTAINLY, YOU ARE MAKING MERRIMENT."

what episode was this

Japanese name slips my mind, but the 4Kids name was Cartoon Bufoon

Scene's pretty much THE first result googling it

The one where they get nerds to make an anime, I think.

aight thanks

Why did Sectonia and Haltmann get fucked over so badly.
I liked that both of them were results of events of past games while being original, but would you like the next game to stem from that or something completely new.

Idk
the lore is nuts I can't even keep up

I have the TD pause screens if that helps. I don't have the Robobot ones though.

thanks, I've seen the PR ones

What an inferior remake to the original.
The fucking butter building can't even spin so they have this stupid ass fog shit.
Kirby also controls worse.
I'd much rather prefer a port of the NES version. Or have the NES version in this travesty as an unlockable.

I thought it was the Venogoo and the Japanese just can't distinguish what letter the word 'Venom' starts with.

Almost forgot the miiverse posts for TD just in case. Also Sectonia's true form to wrap it up.
miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkSsJclEg?locale.lang=en-US

>What is Backdrop Kirby
Good lord

How do I manage to fuck up a copy paste. Stuff about the mirror.

>Mickey is featured on the cover
>he appears for literally one scene

Yes

>versus team DDD24 and 64
Where do you fight that?
I beat true arena, i don't remember that.

oh hey, a kirby thread. I got a question for everyone. well 2 questions:
>why do people hate/dislike squeak squad seemingly more than any other? Thats the only one I ever see getting hate for some reason.

>if you had to list the main kirby games in order of hardest to easiest, what would the order be?

Squeak Squad isn't really hated, it just tends to sink to the bottom of most people's lists on account of how unusually short it feels even for a Kirby game. The abilities and level design are all really good, but it feels like you've done everything there is to do in only a day or two.

Kirby Fighters Deluxe

It's the kirby fighter deluxe game in the eshop. Same with the extra Krackos. Just when you think there can't be depressing backstories they add the descriptions. Especially considering what happened in Robobot.

ah ok thank you.

Squeak squad was great. The inventory was good as were the abilities, but I guess it's just at the bottom of the list with traditional kirby games. My only gripe is ghost kirby can't go down and there are only 5 mix abilities. 3 being sword and 2 bombs. Final boss was a bit lackluster as well. We did get kirby going on a rampage for a piece cake, so 10/10 story right there imo.

Sqeak Squad was decent, but it felt very basic. It's not an outright bad game, but it doesn't have the comfiness of DL3 or the action of SS/SSU, and it didn't do anything particularly interesting. Mediocre at worst, really.

>Gets mad after 2001
I knew Kirby was a red-blooded American
I mean have you seen his eating habits?

You know? This game wasn't very good

I get that it's an NES re-release, but Super Star and Magic Mirror were better. They should have tried to re-make SS because NiD was so weak

I'm upset I didn't get the action synced to the music while fighting Haltmann. The first time I did the Sectonia fight in TD was amazing.

>she summons the crystal in the background
>guitars start kicking in as soon as she hits the ground and knocks me onto the crystal

The music flowed so fucking perfectly.

>They should have tried to re-make SS
user, they did.

>chilling around enjoying your pink little puffball self
>about to have some of that bomb ass cake
>some mouse niggas come into your hood and take your shit

BLOODSHED

I meant for GBA.

What happened on September 11, 2001?

we got a new national memorial day.

some hooligans pulled a prank on a new york office building

I banged your mom.

It's when the greatest days in the American nation began

The End Day

Wait wtf I thought these were SSU screenshots.

I really need to catch up now.

Would Dark Meta Knight even exist if Meta Knight hadn't attempted to save the Mirror World in the first place? The Mirror World seems largely independent of Dream Land, so do shadow copies only appear once the original comes in contact with the mirror?

Planet Robobot is a wild ride, my friend.
Triple Deluxe is pretty fun too,

you got it wrong in mass attack you see in the japan boxart differnet kirbys mad, happy another one sad the same you se in the us boxart different kirbys and emotions

It's questionable and they really haven't gone into it. Shadow Dedede only appeared when Dedede showed up, same with Darth Borb, but that could've just so happened to be when they felt was the right time to introduce them. Dark mind could just be its own entity unless they highlight dark matter/ nightmare interacting with the mirror later on. The real clincher would be the DX bosses. If we assume Sectonia DX was a mirror clone due to Sectonia still being in her flower phase during the second invasion of Floralia, then she could fit the bill of having interacted with the mirror. The other DX bosses on the other hand have not to our knowledge interacted with the mirror. Flowery woods was only a sentient boss for a few minutes in fact, so it's unlikely that, if they are mirror clones, the mirror needed to interact with them.

Actually flowery woods just cries in the background when you beat it, so I have no idea whether or not the mirror could've copied it between invasions.

And of course now that extra modes are confirmed to be separate timelines (albeit ones with valid information about the main timeline and events of the game) it's entirely possible that Sectonia DX was just Sectonia, but stronger.
Don't get me started on how the Meta Knightmare Returns mode makes no sense outside of the end.

>Kirby gets mad again with the rise of ISIS
He's a true hero.

Yeah, although I think the extra modes in triple deluxe made up a neat timeline.
Sectonia is corrupted by the mirror and goes tyranical --> Kirby climbs the dreamstalk and defeats Sectonia's regime--> Dedede notices that someones taken over Floralia again and beats the second occupation to claim the territory --> True Arena and Soul. Its a shame that it's non-cannon now. They even had continuation with Taranza trying to help Sectonia in the description and Sectonia only staying alive while insane via her hatred of kirby/ her vanity.. Robobot's just kinda seemed to filling in the blanks for Haltmann's character, which I liked, but it didn't feel as continuous.

>gets mad even in japan
Next year he'll go nuclear, they won't even know what hit em

I know you're joking about this, but Kirby's angry eyes are a conscious marketing decision. Therefore it's not too far-fetched to assume that Kirby's angry eyes have more appeal during times of strife, as representation of american sentiment.

>Islamic Caliphate of Germanistan in 2018
>Kirby NX is spurting blood from his bulging blood vessels

I would like to add on this is the weirdest analysis I've ever consciously considered.
If the pause screen is to be believed, Meta Knightmare Returns could also be considered a continuation, disregarding the confirmed noncanonicity.
Kirby beats HWC and Star Dream -> Star Dream loads a backup far away, invades Popstar for revenge with 2.0 Versions and clone of Haltman and possibly Susie -> Kirby sleeps through it again -> Meta Knight fights his way through like it was implied in main mode, but is successful and Galacta Knight is brought back -> True Arena, Kirby reseals Galacta Knight and destroys Soul OS

Adventure/Nightmare were retarded with powerups
>Fireball and Fire
>Backdrop and Throw (which was given to you by a goofy ass turtle that is rightfully forgotten)
>Freeze and Ice
>Light
>Ball

Dunno how Cutter managed to escape getting culled for Super Star, yet Laser didn't.

Which Kirby game had your favorite set of powerups?

I'd have to say that Super Star or Dreamland 3 had my favorite set. Return to Dreamland was also really good.

Fire and Burning operate completely differently though.

Fireball is just a shitty Wheel, and Fire was just a shitty Ice.

And Freeze and Needle were just shitty Sparks.

Yeah, the continuity of the meta knight mode kinda confused me. It's still a shame it's non-cannon.

>Fireball is just a shitty Wheel
Except Fireball isn't affected by gravity. I guess the rest is true, but wouldn't Spark be inferior to Freeze since it doesn't turn enemies into icecubes?

But it also doesn't last for very long, meaning you get shit on by big enemies. And it's pretty much useless for any boss besides Sun and Moon.

Did anyone else try to take down all the bosses the way that they showed in the credits. I remember doing it and getting annoyed when I messed up.

Whispy Woods - Throw
Paint Roller - Stone
Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright - Burning
Kracko - Tornado
Heavy Mole - Parasol
Meta Knight - Sword (obviously)
King Dedede - High Jump
is how the order went, right? Can you even get Throw in Vegetable Valley? You can't rematch bosses.

I feel Susie gets a lot of flack, while she's not necessarily my favorite girl she's interesting character wise and very unique for the series, its easy to dismiss her as juts an asshole but there's more to it

I feel most of her actions are understandable considering her point of view, and it paints a picture of a selfish person looking out got her own gain no matter what, but because of an inability to trust others after her traumatic childhood. After the accident she had to survive on her own, and even if she wasn't Haltmann's daughter and resentful of his apparent abandonment and devotion to Star Dream, her character would not be the kind to follow orders forever. She assumed Haltmann would have no need for her eventually and dump her once more, so she resolved to take matters into her own hands when the time was right. She definitely regrets her actions are about to get her killed, which is why she gets Kirby's help, but she'd reasonably be conflicted about Haltmann's fate, she's not like Taranza to be crying over him, but he was still something to her she's now destroyed. Once the game is over it also makes sense she hadn't much to say but silently fly away, unlike Magolor who, despite all his mischievousness, was always social and amicable, Susie isn't one to stick around to say thanks or apologize after this kind of mess, even if she wanted to. Now she's off on her own, again. Interestingly she exits stage to the right, while Kirby and MK move out to the left one after the other, with the power of FRIENDSHIP

But everyone just wants pure fairy maidens

I think Whispy Woods was Cutter

I think it was
Whispy- boomerang with the aim backwards and jump trick.
Paint Roller- Wheel and then no power
Shine and bright was burning.
Kracko- tornado
Heavy mole- ball, this is the one that kept messing me up.
Meta knight- obligatory sword
King dedede- Suplex, also messed me up
Knightmare- not in the credits/ obligatory

shhh, you'll trigger that one autist who hates the remake of kirby on gba

Will we ever get a new Kirby game with hybrid abilities like in the Crystal Shard and also allow you to have several copy-ability allies on screen at once like shown in Kirby Wii demo?

Was Return to Dreamland any good?

I like Susie as a character. Actually, one of the things I like most about her is the fact that she doesn't befriend Kirby after everything is done. She doesn't have the proper background to accept forgiveness, or even consider asking for it.

Booted up my 3D Classic Kirby's Adventure and saw Throw. Nightmare in Dreamland must have a slightly different credits sequence, then.

For anyone who wants the comfy kirby cafe OST, I'm going to drop a dlink here.
mega.nz/#!3R5lmJyK!lbUhvNujWJnTurQgZXOxBUmOFPXnsNzJlAHDREpo8RY

youtu.be/fb7tLlJ08S0?t=715

>throw
>suplex
>backdrop

why are these separate abilities

Yea, it seems most characters fall one way or another once the games are done, either ded or buddy buddy with the Kirb, so its nice to see someone who won't/can't befriend the good orb and due to character reasons

I wonder what would be of her if she is brought back I kinda wanna ship her with Magolor, like they form a joint project, the way he'd build and tinker would remind her of Haltmann, but its questionable how willing she'd be to collaborate that way

What do you think happened to Taranza? Last we heard of him he was begging sectonia laughing upper torso to stop being crazy. Maybe something with Dedede? Non-cannon aside, he wasn't in Dedede tour, and Dedede is afraid of either him or Sectonia if the clone bios or correct.

They can bond over researching the secrets of the Ancients.
Huh, watching the two side by side really accentuates the difference in screen sizes. Everything in Adventure was much smaller.
I do like the Exposition in Nightmare in Dreamland better, though, especially the final line
>So fluff up your pillow, and get ready for a good night's sleep...
Sleep tight, Kirby thread.

in Adventure, Throw and Backdrop were seperate because every ability basically had only one move

then in Super Star, Suplex is far different from Fighter

miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlwCjv-9g
>It looks like Taranza is getting along better with King Dedede after working together in the final chapter of the story mode for Kirby: Triple Deluxe. After seeing Taranza and King Dedede pose together, I'm assuming that they get along because they were both defeated by Kirby.
Buddy buddy, though more with Dedede than specifically Kirby. I guess Spidey's got a thing for royalty, and Kirby did kill his waifu, even if it was necessary

>So fluff up your pillow, and get ready for a good night's sleep...
I played NiDL as a kid and that shit always got me all warm and fuzzy inside, really made the ending

I never noticed that on the Platinum trophies. That's neat. Maybe Dedede can get his axe and magic powers as a regular power up now.

Never been that crazy on the idea of a Kirby RPG like some are but fuck imagine all these niggas as party members and the possible combo attacks

Really I just need more of Kirby's cast doing shit together, I wouldn't mind a SoL anime/manga

I'd watch/ play it. HAL likes to try out new gamestyles, so we can only hope.

Well I can't sleep, so you guys get to hear me rambling about Kirby.
The Kirby series is a prime example of how to do 'dark and edgy' properly in a non-humorous manner. Edginess gets its effectiveness as a contrast to something light and fluffy, and the Kirby series is nothing if not full of fluff. Bright and colorful with energetic music and simple gameplay, the shock of a giant eyeball that shoots blood hits that much harder than a game full of rage, demons, and violence. Yet on the other side of the battle, Dreamland remains a lively and vibrant setting. This, I think, is great. Kirby acknowledges there are great evils in the world it provides, but also says that good will still triumph. It's become a series staple: the reveal of a monstrous villain (though recently it's monstrous in personality, not form), and Kirby's triumph over them. Edginess in the Kirby series is an important contrast that emphasizes how everything is all right in the end.
And the recent games still show that contrast. Return to Dreamland did it in classic Kirby form, a final boss with blatant evil and an eye for a mouth after a tonal shift in the last two worlds. Triple Deluxe opted for a more subtle route: Sectonia is graceful and values beauty, but is still the evil queen with a tragic backstory.
Planet Robobot gets a miniature analysis of its own. I love how the levels stay colorful when it would have been easy to represent the invasion with dull grey steel everywhere. Instead it's shown by how everything looks constructed: green metal instead of grass, juice box houses and a casino in a city, a harbor instead of a beach, spaghetti on forks as power lines with blenders for oil rigs. Here, the darker parts get distributed through the game, and also concentrated at the end as Kirby enters disorienting cyberspace. Haltmann's crazed laughter during his fight is not otherworldly, instead it is disturbingly human.