ITT: Game concepts that had potential but didn't live up to it

ITT: Game concepts that had potential but didn't live up to it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2pPsJd6bPOM
fragiledreams.wikia.com/wiki/Key_to_the_Chapel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's wrong with it?

You wield a golf club and wear a giant fanny pack. Take a guess.

It's one of the few games that would be better off as a walking simulator

Fragile Dreams just needed more development time. It's painfully clear how everything after the hotel (basically the entire second half of the game) barring the laboratory is rushed as shit. The gameplay being clunky and unwieldy was the point, you weren't meant to be able to comfortably battle the enemies. It's more about the experience than the mere fun of it.

Wonderful 101

Fragile Dreams is even more depressing than Nier

>that story where the two brothers die

Epic Mickey

FUCK YOU

WHY DID YOU BURY HER?
JUST KEEP HER WITH YOU UNTIL YOU FIND SOME MORE BATTERIES.

YOU KILLED BEST CHARACTER YOU AWFUL PIECE OF SHIT I HATE YOU SO MUCH.

I think it would've just made more sense to remove the rpg elements and maybe ramp up the horror a bit. Ultimately it felt like a weak mishmash of the two.

Batteries don't keep for 10+ years. Anything he found would've just been leaky and unusable.

you also realized that the girl dies soon after the ending and the MC still dies alone

I liked it.

How well does this run on dolphin? Does it require motion controls, can it be played with a gamepad?

stop

But user, the game did live up to its potential, people made lewds of it.

Do NOT like this.

I'm glad someone's been here long enough to recognise it though. Scary that I consider that "old" now.

really shit combat that feels shoehorned in at best. would have made a lot more sense if they had just made it a zelda clone with z targeting, specific items for dungeons and enviroment puzzles.
im so mad because, walking simulator that it is, i really liked the game. it was somber and charming and i appreciated the quiet, eerie set pieces. even some of the memory item stories were really cool.
>those cats
>those brothers by the dam
it'll always hold a special place in my heart mostly because it had the potential to be a cult classic if the designers hadn't dropped the ball so hard on the gameplay. maybe im just a sucker for it because it gave me some heavy Murakami vibes as i played it.

shit game.
great atmosphere.
decent writing here and there.

woof.
there it is.
sequel was even worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=2pPsJd6bPOM

the memories you find are pretty depressing, or at least bittersweet
fragiledreams.wikia.com/wiki/Key_to_the_Chapel

If anybody remembers Legendary I love that idea but fuck the game was barely mediocre.

I bought this game in 2009 or 2010, but got arrested before I could play it. Two detectives were waiting for me to finish showering at the halfway house I was staying at.

Shit sucked balls. I was literally right about to play it.

My Wii and all my games were stolen while I was incarcerated, too.

Was this ever finished? I really don't remember.

Two versions were made. Flashguy's version was "finished" in that the game was never supposed to be a real game. Team Deep, the faggots who tried to make a real game, never finished it as far as I remember.

Storytime desu

agreed, i hope someone does something with the original art and idea