Your own government is the bad guy

>Your own government is the bad guy

Other urls found in this thread:

mashable.com/2015/09/14/terrence-howard-one-times-one/#k6nrUfGgfZqz
youtube.com/watch?v=e6qbSHKzcmI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah it is actually. What's your point, son?

but it is

>Someone else's government is the bad guy

>tfw no game where you play a corrupt politician doing corrupt shit

Come the fuck on guys.

>The government is constantly shown off as cartoonishly evil with motives that make almost no sense

>Corporations are the bad guy

Name 10 games where this happens

Depending who's in charge.

The squre root of two is 1.41

This image gave me brain damage.

I think Deus Ex did it the best.

The government itself isn't evil, but the government isn't a monolithic entity.

You say it ain't so?
Look at our future president. She already couped Honduras and Haiti, and this is just her being the Secretary of State. Imagine what she could do with presidential power.

Tropico 3

>your own goverment are the good guys and keep you safe from a world that hates you from birth because of your god given freedoms

>the church is secretly evil and all of its followers are either cartoonishly corrupt or hopelessly naive

>The company you work for were behind the conspiracy you were investigating.

>She already couped Honduras and Haiti

But those are irrelevant third world shit holes

>government
>your own

>Democracy is good

>Everything else is bad

Then why coup them?

>The enemy is "society"

You vote don't you?

I would like to play more games where The Authority was right all along, and The System works, and The Man has your best interests at heart when he advises you.

Because that's hardly ever the case in real life and I like escapism.

Spot the radfem SJW leftist idiot everyone!

Because freedom ain't free

>Spot the buzzword buzzword buzzzuzuzzzzzuzuzuz
fag

Why not?

Its not like they could do anything about it

He's right though, you're a liberal retard, faggot.

>you kill god or satan or some shit

no idea why this makes me so upset.

>The main villain lines up with you ideologically.

>Extremism is bad

Couping them indicates interest.
Interest means they are not so irrelevant at all.

You didn't even try to make a point, you're just slinging names.

The government is liberal retards.

>Your own appointment to FEMA should be finalized within the week.

We're all liberals deep down

I said hardly ever. there's cases when people should shut up and listen to the old men running the world because those old men know how to run shit, but in most cases the government is just there to remain in power. there's some nice people working in it who do their best, but the system is set up so that they can only do so much, because of all the other people working solely for their own interests. It's not like THE MAN is out to fuck your ass, he's just out to ensure his own ass remains un-fucked.

I want more games about philosopher-kings and enlightened despots and functioning utopias. It's so boring to write about WHAT IF DER GOVMENT WAS SEKRET EVILLL as if it's a unique idea. MGS gives me hives.

Not me, you pinko commie faggot.

>conservatives are anti-gov
So many Republican presidents and the state still exists.

>Soldiers are good

>CIA/FBI/NSA are bad

how do you feel about Islamic Extremism, user?

>game is 200 hours long
>the villains you were fighting weren't even real
>they still beat you

fuck off SJW leftist nig lover

>the main villain lines up with you ideologically
>hes your fallen predecessor
i dont know why but its always so comfy when this happens

liberals are right-wing outside the US.

>There are unironic fascists on this site RIGHT NOW

>look it up
>he really believes this
>he stopped studying chemical engineering because he had this disagreement with one of his professors
I have never hated someone as much as I hate this moron.

>bad guy is actually the least terrible person

>mfw the 2nd amendment was created for when the govermeant has too much power on their hands
America is literally a meme

1.41×1.41=1.9881

rank these "twists" in order from Best to Worst:

>you were working for the bad guys all along
>everything was orchestrated
>your best friend betrays you
>it was all a dream
>you were working for the good guys and did everything right but somehow the bad guys still planned for it and tricked everybody
>your best friend is a trap

>literally everyone to my left is a liberal

>The villain is "The System"
>No explination why or who is given

It's another rediculously long number like pi

More like
>Anyone to the left of Hitler is a dirty leftist

>work for the fbi against other parts of the government

>everyone to my right is a joker

I don't play games that are overly realistic.

La See-ah funds the trade of certain things which influences the petrodollar.

Not even that, he's literally labeling all leftists as liberals.

Liberals aren't even left tbqh

Don't forget the neo prefix.

>here I am stuck in the middle with you

Elections are scripted drama, like professional wrestling. They're all in the same clique behind closed doors.

>Your best friend is a trap

I still think the best twists are when you are working for "the good guys" from the start, but later down the line you defect and work for the real villains who convinced everyone that they were the true heroes. A reverse deus ex plot.

>Your motivation is Freedom

What about:
>you're FORCED to work with the bad guys to save your own skin, but then you team up with the "gameplay bad guy" and tag-team the final boss (the guy you were working for) together

>t. former Bernie Sanders/Ron Paul supporter

depends what you mean under this word, polack? eh, lefties are even bigger retards and scumbags then them, belive me i know both very well

so the game punishes you for being an edgy fuck who rejects authority, yet conforms to the counter-culture norms?

I like it.

Pretty good actually

Not him, but sanders supporters; of all people, have 100% the reason to believe that.

They got fucking hosed by their own party. Politics aside, that's just slimy.

Is this an actual game?

Would absolutely play it

Why do people always assume liberty will make everyone a shithead?

Because they are already shitheads, you'd just be giving them permission to be even bigger shitheads

spot the liberal SJW redfem cuck everyone!

Who's "they"?

Gta v

>Politicians are bad

>Literally everyone else who makes up the government is good

Fucking hell, can you cram any more buzzwords in your post?

Everyone

memes aside, this is categorically true.

>muh human nature

I believe in egoism to senpai, but if liberty meant everyone started acting like it was that shitty movie where one day of the year is crime free, we wouldn't be alive today.

In defense of corporations, a lot of them have to take unethical action to survive. People don't know, but the Fortune 500 shifts every year.

>villain uses Hegelian dialectics.

*sniff*
Pure ideology right there.

the games that have this (like AC1 - AC Revelations) are all set at a time when the chrch was in fact cartoonishly corrupt. literally telling poor people they needed to pay tithes to get into heaven, and then spending it all on whores and wine. as well as murdering or jailing dissenters.

Well yeah, they might have a CEO or other executive who genuinely thinks they can act in a humanitarian nature, but the sole purpose of a corporation is generate a profit regardless of the ethics of how the profit is made.

mein gott

No its not

This something only college students believe

>x-files theme is on the game's soundtrack

>The villain's motives are better than the protagonist
>the protagonist is a moral fag

But the question is, does it make it evil or not?

>muh gud gubment

leftist SJW c-c-c-c-c-c-cKEK!!!

2 doesn't have a fucking rational square root. What the fuck is this image.

no this is the plot to the x-files mytharc

Please explain how it is ethical to support totalitarian states and regimes like the Shah's, Pinochet's, or Suharto's for the sake of profit.

Yes. There are alternatives to shaping the economy. No state or corporation will ever truly represent the actual will of the masses. We cannot excuse what they do while alternatives exist.

I guess an alternative image would be pic related

>one guy in the government who has no power somehow amasses huge amounts of resources and starts a coup just to throw nukes at someone

Something he actually believes

mashable.com/2015/09/14/terrence-howard-one-times-one/#k6nrUfGgfZqz

Go back to your containment board, /leftypol/.

'no'

No huge form of anything will ever support the will of the masses.

>No state or corporation will ever truly represent the actual will of the masses.

But one could argue in a truly free market, the firm is a slave to the consumer, constantly battling for his appeal. If they can't, they fail, simple as that. Thus, under free market, the usage of a product is consent by the consumer to the firm that they out weigh the product to the "unethical" performances of the firm.

Marxist shills will defend this.

so did the Parliament or Congress of Chile want Allende removed or not?

>ur eber wib us or agans us :^*)
>tfw daddie goebbels won't give u cummies

>unironically supporting Pinoshit

I've got a free coupon for a helicopter ride with your name on it right here, user.

>if you don't want a foot of hot cop cock up your booty you're a communist dyke who wants to steal my toys and masculinity there are literally no other viewpoints you can possibly ever take on these things an ironic ms paint comic told me so

I'm not old enough.

The decimals go on endlessly. There is no number that you can square to get 2.

>Unironically defending a tyrant because he had basic economic knowledge

>villain is a capitalist

>According to Rev. Santiago, macabre scenes of this kind aren't uncommon. "People are not just killed by death squads in El Salvador-they are decapitated and then their heads are placed on pikes and used to dot the landscape. Men are not just disemboweled by the Salvadoran Treasury Police; their severed genitalia are stuffed into their mouths. Salvadoran women are not just raped by the National Guard; their wombs are cut from their bodies and used to cover their faces. It is not enough to kill children; they are dragged over barbed wire until the flesh falls from their bones, while parents are forced to watch."

Please explain how this can be considered ethical.

how can representative democracy be either representative or a democracy when most decisions are influenced by the party and it's financial backers than grannies who write postcards to their local state reps

Because that profit is yours to share in as well

I needed that laugh user

>not recognizing leftyshill
Spotted the newfag.

>Honduras and Haiti
Literally who gives a shit

>your own board is now Cred Forums

>dude why can't we just turn our brains off and act like fleshy honeybees I mean come on if we try to breed and educate agency and desire out of the population it'll just magically go away in a couple generations

>villain is what you'd be if you took the other option at exactly one moral crossroad.

>being this delusional

But I don't receive the actual profit of the product that I made. Me and the other workers made the product, the salespeople sold it, and the boss kept the better part of the profit, leaving the other workers and salespeople with a fraction of the product was sold for. He wasn't involved in any part of the production, he just took the profit.

>implying Cred Forums hasn't tried to do the same thing to Cred Forums

>Your government is the good guy
>The rebels are the bad guys

What do you expect?

Until the election is over Cred Forums is just constant Hilary/Trump shitposting just like in 08

De verdad me cuesta creer que personas como tu crean que Pinochet no hizo nada malo, se puede llegar a ser mas idiota?

wtf i love islam now?

>he doesn't think communism is the end all be all of economics

Maybe in a few centuries when we invent magic and enter into a post-scarcity society.

This is the equivalent of 'that kid' whose uncle 'worked for nintendo'.

>stop having opinions about things and voicing them occasionally I just want to post video game soundtracks and get huffy at feminist buzzfeed articles

Because killing dissenters in the most horrific ways thinkable is not only perfectly acceptable to these gremlins, it's highly desirable.

These sorts of people intensely want to hurt other people and get away with it. They're psychopaths.

Or they're shitposters, take your pick.

The campaign of conquest continues. Cred Forums will not stop until this entire website is theirs and theirs alone.

Their goal is total domination, and they're counting on us to just let it happen.

Yes there is it's √2

>you never got to tear shit up in FC4
would have been top tier low-effort DLC
and instead we got reverse Blood Dragon for $60

oot hsirebbig ni kaeps nac i haey ho

Complete automation is becoming a serious possibility. We might not be more than a few decades off from revolutionary conditions.

easier to start a nuclear confrontation in hopes of keeping people under control than you might think.

It is?

>post scarcity

the people in charge will pull the plug if it ever gets that far they actively enjoy the subjugation of lesser humans

Communism is the ideal system, but we do not live in a world that supports the ideal.

because its time to leave your fucking basement

>implying Posadism isn't the way forward

Butthurt lazy wetback detected. If whatever South American shithole you hail from just did what the US told you to do, you'd be living large like Chile, too. Wise up, Pedro.

Just like the U.S. does what Israel tells them.

the square root of 2 is an irrational number that means you cannot express the number as a ratio of two numbers (which means you can't express it as a decimal since that's a ratio of tenths, hundreths, etc.)

you learn this in like 4th grade you fucking idiots

I like the other side of the coin a little better, Eisenhower. Nuclear War could be the way forward though.

>mfw Cred Forums can't pick a side in the Israel/Palestine conflict because they hate anyone that isn't their dubious definition of "white"

>implying it isn't the other way around

communism is not an ideal system
it's an idealistic system
you can't change people or breed traits out of the population
there will always be greed and the desire for collusion
there will always be "bad people" that abuse the system for their own gain
it can't work and won't work
you'd have to expend countless resources to condition 7 billion + people to buy your bullshit and thousands of man hours rounding up the people who still wouldn't buy into it before eventually degrading into Planet Red China after a generation or two

>implying Cred Forums has a coherent ideology besides 'yelling at brown people on the internet'

>implying the U.S. and Israel aren't controlled by the Irish

>when the thread is a cross between Cred Forums, math, and reaction images
Heaven.

Whatever works, senpai.

implying the Irish aren't controlled by lizardmen

if they had a brain they'd side with Palestine
the reactionary pro-Israel stance in response to you know what is fucking retarded

On how many rails did this thread go off on

>implying the lizardmen aren't sexy as hell

Has there ever been a game that portrayed the government as a body comprised of both good and bad groups of people?

>iPosters

>implying the Irish aren't lizardmen

Cred Forums has chosen a side already

gas the kikes
exterminate the mudslimes

retake the holy land in the name of our lord Jesus Christ

>it's literally just a bunch of people trying their best and knowing that some of them have fucked up, but want to make up for it

I take it he was agreeable?

>believing there is gold at the end of the rainbow
>believing its not a snake
at least 3

The NCR was characterized like that in New Vegas.

To be fair, I believe it would be possible to incorporate a non-profit or not-for-profit company.

Shareholders might not buy stocks if a corporation doesn't make money, but that doesn't mean they couldn't buy the stocks.

He didn't really have a choice

>iPad

kys famalam

It all makes sense now.

Take the greenpill brother

Final fantasy 7? Cait sith was a very important guy from Shinra

FUCKING MICKS

Oh yes.

post yfw drumpf loses

>when you can catch and trap god in a ball.

youtube.com/watch?v=e6qbSHKzcmI

>when the villain has no face.

>when you can't keep the thread on track

Honestly when Cred Forums goes off topic the threads are better.

No one here really wants to talk about vidya.

>when the villain has a picture of the one their getting revenge for

wtf i love ants now?

>That image
I want to save this, but I also feel like it's in the FBI's database

Modern videogames suck and all the old ones were discussed to death already
There's only so many times you can repost old men warning warning before it's no longer funny.

Communism is the ideal system for an ideal world, and since our world is and may never be ideal, then communism won't work.

Would be a net positive in my life. I don't give a shit about american politics, but Cred Forums shitposts on boards I care about and hillary voters don't.

Great idea, let's resign ourselves to serfdom and starvation.

Think you have it bad, my home board was Cred Forums and now that place has become tumblr.

>when the villain wears a swimsuit

Meh

did you never read 17th century philosophy

because girls won't touch their penis so everyone else is a mr mean man and needs a time out

you do realize everything in your room and city is from the free market.