Gems

ITT: Good games you have never seen Cred Forums talk about.

>monging down a wall at 80 odd % chance to climb, THREE TIMES IN A ROW
>work your tits off to keep your guys alive and levelled, scaling is so severe it just makes the game harder
>40 minute maps because everything takes so fucking long
>days where every map that isn't paying fuck all in shards is random deployment
>spell rng that has a very real chance of knocking out your caster in a game where they represent a significant portion of your squad morale

That said, very fun game if you get into it.

i want this to be true. i love plague rats and all humanoid rat races

>30 hours into a campaign
>leader becomes retarded
>has to make a retard check every time he wants to move
And that was the end of a great campaign.

Still a great game.

>marksman becomes a megalomaniac and can only use melee weapons from there out
And I took that because I still had room for a full scavenger/flanker on my party

>the other marksman goes megalomaniac a couple of battles after
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What is this game? Is it kinda like Xcom or something?

Yes, pretty much, but with swords, bows, guns and shields.

Mostly melee Xcom in ruined city districts where the goal is actually getting phat loot rather than killing the other warbands. Unfortunately nobody told the AI so they just make a line for you from the get go anyway

It's a great concept. Large scale battles that you can actually fight in.

Great game, only thing that really comes close in scale (with all the danger that comes with) is EDF

>tfw you end up losing

y grafx so bad

Cause super old pc so all is on lowest settings.

So if you enjoy Xcom you will most likely enjoy this? Looks pretty interesting desu.

Yes, its basically the same mechanics, unknown enemy until you spot them, hit/dodge values and your warband/squad.

I'd recommend it to anyone that enjoys tactical games but it may feel unfair at times. Injuries aren't a wait out period or outright death like X-COM, they're anything from flesh wounds to things that can permanently affect a character (severed limbs and such), or indeed outright death. Skills have a lot more depth to them too with tons of options so having a character you've had with you for ages near rendered useless is both heartbreaking and rage inducing.

o

k

I already ragequit'd once when my leader that was the very heart of the warband got killed.

Yeah the pain is unbearable, but its still a fun game.

>start my first battle
>the enemy is nowhere around
>next turn, one of my soldiers gets possessed or something and start attacking me
>it was the enemy all along, but they all look exactly like my own soldiers
How am I supposed to tell them apart?

The whole injury mechanic sounds pretty awesome. I assume these injuries they can have are more than cosmetic? Also are the stats things you mold or are they random?

funky colours and uniform beards

Still had a community last I checked

Somehow