PS3 CFW

Is it worth buying a cheap PS3 off craigslist to install CFW?
Where/how do I even download games for it? Not seeing much on pirate bay etc.

how cheap

CFW PS3 is worth it

Pirate your games from private trackers

Yes, if it's the right model, and FW (or you have a flasher).
ps3iso and TPB, and PSNdl for PSN games.

I got old fat oringal cfw but fucked ylod got send it off for repair. Its bad ass man.

If its cheap its probably not old enough to install cfw.

>tfw super slim
damn, what was i thinking. there's always a reason for a new model being so cheap.

Me and 2 other friends bought a ps3 at launch. All died within a month about 3 or 4 years later. EAch with varying degrees of use.

One friend sent it off to get fixed at a cell phone place that offered the service for $40. It worked and i was thinking of doing the same but didnt have cash. His ps3 worked for another 3 or 4 months before it ylod'd again. Not sure what to do now

The slims that are capable of CFW have a glossy disc slot. The ones that aren't are matte, like the rest of the console.

I bought a used fat bc model about 2 years ago and installed CFW on it, bought a 1tb hdd, its absolutely worth it, i installed a fan control software so it doesnt get too hot, i can also play online but there are no games that interest me at the moment, in hidsight i should probably have gotten a slim model, the BC is not as good as an actual ps2 which are cheap as fuck and moddable too

>have a fat PS3 since April 2008
>still going, no problems whatsoever, just finished marathoning Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 the other week on it

maybe you guys should try not living in shitholes

It's a fat with a broken optical drive, he's selling with a ylod slim for $20. Right now I'm trying to see if he'll sell it to me on its own since I have no use for the slim

My launch ps3 still works to this day. 500GB HDD and its like brand new.
Holy fuck, same! Was playing my Yakuza 1 disc recently.

yakuza 0 and 6 hype nigga

Fat PS3s YLOD when the thermal paste dries up and stops being effective. If you take the time to change it before its too late, your fat PS3 will live for years to come.

It's the only way to play Tales of Vesperia and some undubs so it's totally worth it.

>some undubs
Worth it. Not OP, but which OFW/models/anything should I be looking for that are CFW capable?

Your PS3 model should be 3.55 or less if you plan on installing CFW. You can downgrade fat and certain slim PS3s with a E3flasher if they're above 3.55, you have to check your model number online.

Is there a general use guide or something like with the 3DS?

Just buy Slim with CFW already installed. If you can't you need to look for Slim datacodes and see which is possible to downgrade.

Ebay has some already with CFW, better get it that way then. I'm guessing going online with a CFW PS3 and buying PS2 classics is a no go.

>just bought a PS3 this week for the KH collections and Demons Souls
What else do I get that I can't get on PC lads?

>CFW
>Buying
??
You can try, but i dont see why would you risk getting caught by using the store when you can get anything for free

>you can get anything for free
Oh, so it can be done? Gotta buy one then.

journey
shadows of the damned
bayonetta
lollipop chainsaw
last of us

MGS Legacy Collection

Yakuza games
Metal gear legacy collection
Ninja gaiden sigma, black is better but if you dont have a choice, its pretty good
Ratchet & Clank games
Sly cooper 4 and collection
Tokyo jungle

Or check the image in Cred Forums recommendation wiki, it has a lot

>going online with a CFW
Absolutely possible and almost 100% safe with new webman functions. I even bought some DLCs on my CFWd PS3 and I did beat a lot of games in coop with my friend who also was on CFW. You just need to avoid doing retarded stuff like playing hacked content (dlcs and psn games required a fix to be playable so it's not safe to play them, I did beat Journey though).

Oh, and even you're banned you can always get new PSID for like 10$ and you can use online again.

Google has all your needs

catherine

Why would I want CFW on my PS3?

I dunno, free games, dlc, undubs, mods, being able to play removed games, being able to customize EVERYTHING, being able to play any ps1, ps2, psp and ps3 game in one machine that lasts longer than OFW because it can run cooler and doesn't need to use disc laser, you can even do some misc. stuff like delete and unlock any trophy you want, sounds like a good deal for to me

Its more like why would you NOT CFW when there are virtually no downsides

Talladega Nights
Ridge Racer
Genji 2

>Where/how do I even download games for it?
You need to be 18 or older to post here

Yes