Bitch about Shigeru Miyamoto thread

Let's discuss the world's alleged greatest video game designer and talk about how many times he has fucked up potentially good ideas and your gaming lifestyle over the years.
Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NGMoRRbwYnw
youtube.com/watch?v=DM2DCflkA6s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's a cynical retard with stupid ideas be is delusional and wants to impose his ideas by force into every Nintendo projects

As I got older I started disliking his "always gotta be happy" ideal towards games. Now I am not really gonna say he was always this way or that he hadn't shared more mature game pissibilities but... Nintendo has a lot in common with Disney and it's funny how it's worked against them in the past 10-15 years. I grew up with Nintendo like many, but I some how grew out of it. Even Zelda. BotW has me on cautious hype because it's doing eastern fantasy and it has a Ghibli vibe going for it. Other than that, I don't see any other Nintendo game intriguing me right now.

Old men lack creativity.

They do nothing but rehash the same ideas they had when they were young.

I remember being so hype for Dinosaur Planet in middle school, and then I wondered why it never came out. A small piece of me died the day I found out what really happened to Dinosaur Planet.

Can we talk about Tanabe too? The guy who killed Metroid, Paper Mario, and Chibi Robo?

I personally don't mind rehashes, as long as they don't come out yearly and improve and evolve the original formula with up-to-date tech.
Nintendo has been doing this wrong since the Wii came out, and needs young creators that understand this.

Go ahead.

another one

Why do people think the N64 game would have been any better?

The only reason people gave a shit (outside of furfags) about the final game was how good it looked and it's not like there was a shortage of Zelda games or ones like it on the N64.

Why play Dinosaur Planet in 2000-2001 when I could play Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, or Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon?

If people fucking bought the games to begin with, they wouldn't have ever considered Zip Lash. Also, technically, Tanabe is the entire fucking reason it even got six fucking games.

Look at the beta footage my man.

About half of the original game including levels, playable characters, partners and other ideas were scrapped in order to accommodate the Star Fox series, along with the final game being rushed to due the Microsoft buyout.
Dinosaur Planet was a new IP and its original narrative would have been one of Rare's best, and would have been a nice game to experience even for the story alone.

It was going to be moved to the GameCube anyway, but now as Star Fox Adventures, the story is rife with plot holes and the gameplay is subpar compared to the variety that Dinosaur Planet would have offered.

The key to the best developers isn't pushing something to it's limit, but making the best of what you can do under the restraints.

Who's to say the game wouldn't have been mediocre anyway, it's not like Rare wasn't always a mixed bag and on a downhill slope. We won't know though, it's been almost fifteen years. From a business standpoint, was it a good idea to make it a Star Fox game, definitely, but Rare should have just said no if they couldn't make a good game out of what they were given. It's not a good game, and it's DEFINITELY not a good Star Fox game. Sure is pretty though.

can't stop making these, lol

Damn, forgot to shrink it. ^^'

Just to be fair this quote is not true and Shiggy helped Rare out a lot on development of DKC.

>Takes ages to learn
>Tfw there are people that actually think this
>And there are infants that mock them for thinking this

Wew

Make one about paper mario. And metroid. And fire emblem. Shit every nintendo game sucks lately.

I see what you mean. I reckon though if Shiggy didn't shove Fox in, the game would have continued steady development over on XBox. But because the final game had a Nintendo IP, development would have needed to be rushed because of the impending buyout.
Personally, I like SFA, but the more I play makes me hate what he has done to it.

Even if it takes not very long to learn the controls are shit and the basic control scheme of Star Fox Zero (even without using the gyro at all) is a fucking disaster. That's not even taking into account the shit-tier level design and lack of any true alternate paths.

That idea he had about making a 1st person Zelda was fucking stupid.

SFZ sucked and I was really looking forward to it. I felt so betrayed. I beat the game once and played a mission or 2 after that, then dropped it and decided to play SF64 instead.

He didn't fuck up Metroid and Fire Emblem though

Different strokes for different folks.
IMO it should not take more than 10 minutes to learn how a game works.

He hasnt' directed a game since Ocarina of Time. And even there, he was just one of several directors.

He got put in upper management as a producer, and hasn't really done anything of note since then.

Who cares. Just make him represent neo nintendo

He basically oversees game development, gets a lot of projects in-motion. Though he seems to have lost that spark he had when he was younger, Cred Forums overly hates him as some sort of vidya boogeyman who destroys anything he touches. If it weren't for him Splatoon very well could have been a bland TPS and Pikmin 3 would've never come out.

He totally fucked Star Fox Zero though, that is 100% his fault.

one more

Him and Iwata are also the key reasons Itoi restarted development for Mother 3 on the GBA, since he wasn't going to originally.

The Wonderful 101 has a very steep learning curve as well (not as steep as SFZ though). Zero is definitely great when you learn the controls, which feel good AFTER you learn them thoroughly, but there's just not near enough game to make it worth it.

Also, I just got reminded of how The Gaming Brit is a hypocritical faggot over Platinum and action games in general.

i will be more than happy when his death will be announced

can't stand his FUCKING STUPID BULLSHIT ideas anymore

>Him and Iwata are also the key reasons Itoi restarted development for Mother 3 on the GBA
neat

>Zero is definitely great when you learn the controls
It's not. SFZ has so many issues with its core gameplay that shit controls are just the icing on the cake. From the lack of any true alternate paths, the overabundance of ARM levels, reuse of way too many assets from 64, short levels, unmemorable banter between your crew, boss fights that are basically just a game of chicken that never ends, and lack of any real difficulty outside of the controls Star Fox Zero is a thoroughly mediocre game that is bad enough to kill star fox for another decade.

The real problem with SFZ is that it's a game that takes 3 hours to fully learn and 2 hours to complete, without enough additional content to keep you coming back. I put a good amount of time in it and enjoyed quite a bit (especially the great co-op people keep shitting on), but the game really doesn't justify its price tag.

That said it was mostly Iwata's directive that made the game focus so much on motion controls.

Nintendo won't magically get better when he dies, you know. We're literally worse off than we were when Iwata was alive, for example.

So it's still better than Assault and Command? Command having alternate paths didn't make it a good game.

>catharcis
>that helps man

I'd be sad if he died. He has done SOME good to the industry.
He doesn't deserve to die. He just needs to step out of game development in Nintendo, or retire from the company. I want to see what risks Nintendo could take from some fresh young minds with their IPs, WITHOUT resorting to bullshit gimmicks like forced motion controls and duel-screen or touch-screen gameplay.

>I don't mind rehashes as long as they're not rehashes
user....

It's definitely not better than assault and assault is a vastly overly hated game for some shitty land segments.

I also can't see how people can trash Assault and praise Zero considering they share a lot of the same issues.
>Lack of rail missions
>Generic story
>No alt paths
>Graphics that are just okay
but even then at the very least Assault had the gall to actually give you the choice between vehicles and a multitude of weapons to try. And at the VERY very least the control scheme isn't a fucking disaster that maps 5 vital functions to a goddamn analogy stick.

I never played command so I can't comment on it.

>Super mario 64 gets universal praise for its open ended structure and focus on exploration
>Years later Shiggy realized bottom-tier casuals didn't enjoy this type of mario game because they "often got lost"
>NSMB is made, now we have one mario series for linear platforming courses, and one for exploration

>LOL HOW ABOUT WE MAKE BOTH MARIO SERIES ABOUT LINEAR PLATFORMING TO INCREASE SALES

Elaborate. What do you mean by "risks" if not "gimmicks". A majority of what can be considered risks can also be considered gimmicks.

Is this why he makes merdiocore games with SHIT art?

I mean, 3D World was the first Mario game that Miyamoto had basically no influence over and I thought that turned out pretty great.

the ittle he does destoid everything he accomplished

a bit off topic but compare that to george lucas 1st trilogy bullshit, spielberg indie 4
same thing, didn't need much

I'll kill him

>little*
>destroid*

But he has nothing to do with half those,

Here's what I mean. Take Paper Mario series for example.

Paper Mario 64: Established core formula inspired by Mario RPG.

Paper Mario TTYD: Wait for 3 years for sequel, improves, evolves and expands everything from Paper Mario 64 thanks to updated technology. Regarded as one of the best games ever made.

Everyone is bitching about the new Paper Mario for Wii U because it doesn't expand on the original formula by the first 2 games, with the new tech we have today.

He wasn't involved with Mario Land on the Game boy too, but yeah, 3D was was pretty good.

>world's alleged greatest video game designer
I think you mean this guy

Bowser has 7 children.

he gets around.

This is the one that truly gets me: he doesn't want a new F-zero because he can't think of enough new implementations to justify it (even though there are plenty) but he has absolutely zero problems with the 10 NSMB rehashes? There has to be more to it.

Gimmicks, I meant motion controls, over-usage on touch-screens, duel-screen gameplay, all of that.

Risks, such as reviving old, neglected IPs and evolving them with new technology, allowing for new ideas using said technology. The risk is whether they will sell or not. The subsequent pay off is making fans happy and a good reputation.
There are plenty of risks they could take with Mario, like a 2D game with more dynamic looking levels rather than the copy-paste grid-based design they've been using for the past 10 years. Or maybe try to make a traditional 3D platformer with a deeper story like the RPG series. I don't care how shit the story might be. It gives me a more of reason to care outside of jumping on things.
Miyamoto does not want a story in the main Mario series and I can't understand why.

After Star Fox Zero do you WANT them to make a new F-Zero?

I'm sure he'd reason it some how like how Wii provided multiplayer, 3DS had the coin nonsense, and Wii U had the screen. Shit reasoning, but good enough for him I'm sure.

Also, keep in mind Mario is Nintendo's money maker. They aren't going to wait for innovation to make one every year or two.

He doesn't work on NSMB.

Does he work on the FZ games?

From what I remember, he created it, and Nintendo has him oversee it to make sure it meets his standards, since Miyamoto

When they average like 20M+ per installment, it doesn't matter what Miyamoto considers, outside of the teams having to please him to ensure it meets Mario standards.

Fucking Pretendos.

Not anymore. After F-Zero X, he stopped being in charge. A new F-Zero can happen without him. In fact, Nintendo tried to do that by having a western dev to make an F-Zero game on Wii U. But the devs (Criterion) didn't want to do it.

Miyamoto is the Stan Lee of videogames.

He made massive contributions to the industry and has a huge legacy, but frankly he is really out of touch with how it works today but folks are too afraid to tell him he should retire and just keep him around because "Well he is important".

I remember hearing somewhere NSMBs are basically the Tutorial/First lessons of newcomers to the company. Basically is so simple it's the best way to test new folks on making a game due to the low rate of fucking up.

NSMB rehashes are literally being made by novices.

He's trying to think of the next innovative control scheme for F-Zero.

One time I heard an anecdote about how every bad thing that ever happened at Nintendo was really Miyamoto's fault.

He should retire.

Not pictured: A Wii Remote in his ass, required to steer.

Someone please do a fan remake of Dinosaur Planet.
Give it the AM2R treatment. Take as long as needed.

bump

this faggot wanted no killing in goldeneye and tried to stop smash from getting published because it was "too violent"

Wii Sports and Wii Play are awesome though.

Pikmin just wouldn't work on 3DS.

Mario Tennis Power Tour was the shit though. Too bad it was kind of short.

Damn that concept art alone makes me sad about the final project.

There's a condensed version of the story on MundoRare and an hour-and-a-half of voice acting from the original version on Youtube.
It's a pretty good story, imo.

Oh lol, don't know how to share vids. I'm retarded. :P
Just refer to this link instead.
youtube.com/watch?v=NGMoRRbwYnw

>implying he didn't fuck up Metroid

>wait nearly a decade for a new Metroid game, anything, please
>get a generic first person shooter made by a literal D tier team of Texans

Stan Lee retired like two decades ago.

The fuck are you talking about?

He hasn't been involved with comics in any way shape or form since the 90s, and even then he was barely involved at all.

>implying Cred Forums like any game designer in history besides the Neptunia one

Why should I want him to be fired or murdered if I still enjoy his games?

t. Tanabe

Why is that man even working at Nintendo

>Miyamoto is the George Lucas of Gaming
Who is the Disney?

Let's give Shigeru credit, general concensus around Metroid Prime was pretty great.
Game's focus wasn't shooting, but exploring and discovering shit from Samus's POV, so it wasn't 'generic'. Besides, it came out at a time when FPS's wearn't even considered generic.

Apple? I wouldn't be surprised if they became buddy-buddy over this next gen.

Even mentioning killing an innocent man simply because he now makes games people don't like anymore is pathetic and retarded.
To those people, fuck you and fuck off, miserable cunts.

Not as awesome as Wii Music, though. A Miyamoto masterpiece.
youtube.com/watch?v=DM2DCflkA6s

Remember how he shoehorned motion controls into Donkey Kong Country Returns?

I honestly found The Wonderful 101 to be far steeper, maybe it's just that I loved Silent Scope but for me the only issue with Star Fox was it's low amount of content.