Yakuza thread

pastebin.com/a5AspRJj

Yakuza 6 releasing December 8 in Japan.

Yakuza 0 Day 1 SE announced for Americas:

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/27/yakuza-0-the-business-edition-revealed-new-story-details/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zeyg0mTx1a8
youtube.com/watch?v=TuqPiPdxslk
youtube.com/watch?v=RaHpspRzbS0
youtube.com/watch?v=lscBvT1EFlk
pastebin.com/EHEm4Hqh
pastebin.com/a5AspRJj
yakuzafan.com/nagoshi-san-famitsu-interview/
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
youtube.com/watch?v=rUEfwYxAKyg
youtube.com/watch?v=pteINUnQLOo
youtube.com/watch?v=rbnv4GE4XZk
youtube.com/watch?v=HtiixXPHbUY
youtube.com/watch?v=SpNz-xx_sCo
youtube.com/watch?v=_NkRDLXcKDE
youtube.com/watch?v=2MmW9Ov72GE&list=PL_QtSMEGimbziT5blFoTHwth19kZOq2vp
youtube.com/watch?v=DEilgTOrRzM
youtube.com/watch?v=qAvcHwlxxIo
youtube.com/watch?v=kxFTE3iGkiA
youtube.com/watch?v=UONHPUcJsV0
youtube.com/watch?v=oEo2kqpEeOs
youtube.com/watch?v=P5BGNHN4PQo
youtube.com/watch?v=k-ytQh6U9K4
youtube.com/watch?v=DsCtzDlYs_A
youtube.com/watch?v=VJrXaOSSzaM
youtube.com/watch?v=49VqnwKuBm8
youtube.com/watch?v=XXrVeiEXtYs
gbatemp.net/threads/kurohyō-ryū-ga-gotoku-shinshō-yakuza-black-panther-translation-project.371411/
youtube.com/watch?v=f4yEM7iww-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wanna dance!

I agree. Majima's shoes are amazingly slick.

>mfw I know a guy that ACTUALLY pre-ordered this

What is Kiryu's jacket style in 0 like? What the hell is it called

jimmy is that you?

Your posts always make me smile, Jim Carrey user.

These games fucking suck.

It's a double-breasted suit. Kinda neat he goes with the all-white in 0 with a cool orange longsleeve dress shirt to show his affinity for white and muh symbolism.

white pinstripe

So all preorders of Zero get the special edition right? I preordered on Amazon

Ohhhh. Thank you very much.
Wasn't what I was looking for, but yeah, the design is similar. White suits are cool! I find it rarer and rarer to see people wearing a white suit these days. Understandable.

Yeah, the business edition is just a day one version.

It's something for all new copies I think.

Yes. All day 1 copies get the business card thing.

I just realized I have Yakuza 4 and 5, what should I expect? I've never played this series before.

wait i found one super similar

I only started playing Yakuza like 4 months ago. I don't get how these games don't do better. Every one I play I think "no way they can do better" then bam the next game is better. Just finished all 5 last week. Messing with Dead Souls which kinda sucks but it's a spin off.

If 1 and 2 got PS4 remakes in the west i'd replay them in a heart beat

I fucking love all-white suits. I wore one to my wedding. A tuxedo, rather. But yeah, that was the only time I wore something like that.

Mine's suit in 3 was pretty nice too. Burgundy/wine color with gold accents? I digged it a lot.

Akiyama's default look is really understated and cool as well, totally fitting his laidback persona.

I'm a complete noob to the series, do I need to play 1,2 and 3 to enjoy 4 and 5?

>I work in an industry where I exchange business cards regularly and require a holder
>I wear suits
>I will be able to justify carrying around a pre-order bonus cheap tin box from one of my chinese mafia video games

Haha, being a soulless wage-slave is finally paying off!

I've never used a business card holder before, but I may have to start using one. I'm actually very pleased with the design on the preorder case, I don't get why everyone was so butthurt about it in the last thread.

I mean even if you think it's shit, you have to admit that at least it's better than some half assed artbook.

Well, you'd enjoy them more since you get attached to the characters. 2 is one of the best games in the series. And has best girl.

But 4 has a recap of the previous 3 games, so it's up to you. Highly rec you start from 1 though, even if it is pretty clunky.

The European version of Yakuza 0 will not have a special edition becauseevery single copy is a LTD edition

You don't need to, but you'll probably appreciate the games a lot more.

And probably ask yourself how the story gets worse each game.

I'm just happy they allowed a physical release for this game, damn. This is giving me signals that this just might be one of the last Yakuza games we get though.

So does the entire series follow the same people? Is there even a point to the story or is it just random Yakuza guys doing random things?

Is it like Grand Theft Auto/Sleeping Dogs? I'm not a fan of the mindlessness

No, each game has a video you can watch to explain whats up. Though I had a great time playing 1 and 2 and you can emulate them well if you use software mode. I played the Undub of Yakuza 1 since none of the other games are dubbed.

You can beat Yakuza 1 in like 15 hours if you ignore side stuff so it's not a huge time investment.

Very hype for this game

No, it has a plot and it doesnt play like GTA/Sleeping dogs. Think a more action focused Shenmue

im here to ask again about how much of the game is spent playing as majima

So is it the gameplay that keeps you coming back?

50 Kiryu
40 Majima

>yfw you pull out the case in the wrong place and you get taken into some back room and are forced to cut off your pinky

MACHINEGUNKISS DE JUST FALL IN LOVE

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOOOOOAAAA

youtube.com/watch?v=Zeyg0mTx1a8

Appreciate answering my questions. I'll use my gaming time and try out Yakuza 4 tomorrow instead of playing Metal Gear Solid 5. Hope I enjoy it.

Then whats the 10 percent

I think you will.

>This is giving me signals that this just might be one of the last Yakuza games we get though.

Yeah, I get that feeling too. I mean I'll still import 6 if I have to, but it won't be the same.

>PS4/PC version of Yakuza 1-5 150 USD
>1-2=WiiU remaster textures
>3-5 1080P 60FPS(if possible on the engine without breaking the physics)
Would you take the plunge?

switch between both

Well, I still play for the story since it's pretty hilarious on how over the top it is.

Characters are great as well.

Gameplay is great and improves each game.

Everything about the games is why I keep coming back.

Characters too. They're so damn charming and likable and the stuff they do in the story is great. Hell, their arcs are great! Till they get worse due to a variety of reasons such as: shot to hell, erased from existence due to secret identities, double crosses, secret twin brothers, land development fraud, koreans, the shinshengumi, stepping up to die, rubber bullets, the CIA, the police, the top of tokyo tower and being hospitalized.

I'd trade all of that for Kiwami 2, just to see best girl again. Not this girl. But pic related is cute too. Just not a best like Kaoru.

Or fucking with Kiryu amd not expecting to get their shit slapped

Alright, I never knew Cred Forums was so passionate and hyped for this series. I'll definitely give it a shot, sounds like a lot of fun.

Game in Japan is called Like a Dragon. Main character is Kazuma, Dragon of Dojima. There are additional characters in 4 and 5, but Kazuma is still the main character.
Plot is focused on his clan, little girl that got stuck with him and himself. While games don't have a huge plot that goes through all games - they expect you to remember characters from first games, since it's all this game is about - characters and their struggle and dreams.

Gameplay is nothing like GTA, cities are more like hubs from RPGs, with sidequests and random fights with bandits that hang out on streets. No cars, except for Yakuza 5, but it's a side activity with racing or simulation. Depends on a side mission.

So it's safe to say that we're never getting Kiwami 1? Or are they saving that for the new audience Zero might bring in?

I actually think it's a good sign they're giving it a physical release. Sony and SEGA really need to do some serious marketing for this, though. It's only a few months away, and I really wish they'd be treating it as a flagship title. It's a good time for people to jump into the series if they've never played it since it's a prequel, so I don't understand why they wouldn't really push for moving a lot of units compared to previous entries.

i hope they do a full on remake for 2, and not a kiwami style remake
kiwami was fun, but it felt like an expansion pack for 0

I fucking love how the games reference past events. It's so endearing.

What's safe to say - we're never going to get Ishin and Kenzan officially.
Kiwami has a chance. Maybe with Kiwami 2 or re-releases of other games.

No one fucks with the Dragon of Dojima!

>Sony and SEGA really need to do some serious marketing for this

MAJOR SPOILERS DO NOT LOOK

they wont

Ryū ga GotokuYakuza is a natural evolution of Shenmue.
That's the simplest way of explaining it to people that are unfamiliar with the series.

Your latter statement has a hint of truth to it. It would be cool to get it if 0 does reasonably well. I doubt it though. But that's just the pessimist in me.
I agree. Add in some dating minigames with Kaoru!

Ishin is fully playable with the right guide. I'm sitting at 92% complete on my PS4 save.

It will be Kiwami 2 on Y6 engine and it's mechanics, let's don't kid ourselves.
Kiwami was a cheap sideproject and it sold good.

Which guide, the KHHSubs one?

Yeah, I know. And Kenzan is getting a translation patch. I was talking about official English release.

>dating minigames

See, I'd be shitting all over you if this were any other game series. But goddamn can SEGA make minigames out of anything. And it's a Japanese series after all. They love that type of shit. And I love them for it.

why does she look like chibi Nishki

>But that's just the pessimist in me.
We're incredibly lucky that we even got Yakuza 5.
It's all thanks to new blood at Sega.
A text translation is incredibly cost-efficient and might just be worth it for the remaining fanbase.
100K sold in the west +probably more in China for a game that was made 2 years ago is like a western equivalent to a remaster release.

Alright, I'm getting a lot of hype vibes from you guys. I'm downloading Yakuza 4 right now, if it doesn't take too long to download and install I'll play some tonight. I'm officially intrigued.

Main theme for Yakuza 6
Tatsuro Yamashita - Sobo (Original release 1988)

youtube.com/watch?v=TuqPiPdxslk

Long story trailer with eng subs:
youtube.com/watch?v=RaHpspRzbS0

Gameplay features:
youtube.com/watch?v=lscBvT1EFlk

>Fighting best Antagonist with a fully fledged and updated combat system
>detail and fidelity on the snowy rooftop
Only legitamte fear of the godlike status of a 2 Kiwami is them fucking up the soundtrack. I shudder to think how they could butcher A Scattered Moment

Not even tigers

Have fun, mate, hope you'll like it.

For the newcomers.

pastebin.com/EHEm4Hqh

>I shudder to think how they could butcher A Scattered Moment

>WUB WUB WUB
>piano
>WUB WUB WUB
>piano
>cue to engrish rapping

Yes, very lucky. I really do hope we get 6 though. I want to see how it all ends.
I hope the construction of that card holder is substantial/not flimsy. In any case, I hope to take good care of it.
If Kiwami is anything to go by, they will fuck ASM's corpse. I personally think ASM is perfect as it is, as is the entire OST. The track combined with the grunts and yells in-game is absolutely spine-tingling.

Save this one instead, it's updated with that pic in there as well.

pastebin.com/a5AspRJj

isnt date like at least mid 50s in 6?
he looks like he could be 20 years younger than that

>hi there, are you familiar with the word of Kiryu? He died in Yakuza 6 for our sins you know?

Kaoru a best man. Well-written. Just started replaying it. I love her VA too.

I want Kouru or however you spell her name back in 6.

She may come back.
To visit Kiryu's grave

o shit

Is Yakuza 6 really the end or are people just assuming?

>I want to become a man who you will be unashamed to call "family"
>that fucking song going

I hate it when it rains in my room, at 1 am.

They're saying it's the end of Kiryu's story, not the entire series.

I still don't want to watch that video because of it.

They said that about Yakuza 3 too.

Nagoshi has repeatedly said that it is the final chapter for Kiryu's story, not the entire series. Then again, they said that in 3, and look where that brought us.

DUDE RUBBER BULLETS LMAO
Hey man, who knows. The Jingweon mafia is back in 6. Kaoru was connected to them.

It's going to be Kiryu's last game at least.

yakuzafan.com/nagoshi-san-famitsu-interview/

>yakuza 7 stars daigos son, kiryu as his mentor
>daigos son gets severe diarrhea and dies, kiryu has to take over again
>daigo went to the corner store and disappeared in the first 5 mins of the game

Th-they wouldn't pull that shit for the third time again would they?

That main theme man. Damn. It just speaks to me on a spiritual level.

what kind of style is that coat and where can i buy one?
it looks like it would be so cozy for wearing around the house in the fall and winter

Anybody else having trouble emulating yakuza 1 on pcsx2?
Whenever I try to play with a controller it's as if the analog sticks are jammed but it only happens for this game.

>Daigo is missing in 6
>AGAIN

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

Does 1 and 2 emulate well?

>Card holder

Really? What is this the 90s?

>plot twist: daigo was never missing, he went on vacation and the note he left telling the clan was thrown away by accident

super duper well, picture guide for the settings is somewhere in here

Well, the game does take place in the late 80s

Yes, they do.
These settings remove effects that get broken if you use resolution higher than native. Not perfect solution, but better than having a line in the middle or broken shit in the corner.
Use latest build: buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Never had this problem, even now I've started it to test and it works.

Would still rather have a steel book case.

>akiyama and saejima somehow get dragged into all this again
>several people are shot from behind after kiryu fails to disarm them
>one extremely retarded twist on par with RUBBER BULLETS
>game ends with a manly shirtless fistfight on top of the millenium tower
>makes you think kiryu has died again
>credits
>oh wait no, he's actually still alive

I'd still buy it

man. that sad kiryu looks kinda cute.

me too
honestly i love all the stupid shit that happened in the games

is it wrong to lust after kiryu if you are a man?
like i just want to lick his abs and stuff

Should have said "after Kiryu fails to disarm his opponent".

Nope. I actually kinda look up to him because I never really had any good male role models in my life. Sure, he's not the best choice, being a former member of a crime syndicate, but he has a heart of gold.

It's not a gay unless the balls touch in some way, so I think you're fine.

No.
>i just want to lick his abs and stuff
In order to do that - you have to fight him and win.

Nothing wrong with mirin' a fine specimen like that with your cock

That's kinda gay, bro.
It's not wrong though, Kiryu is a sexy beast.

I wanna destroy his Black Monday with my rubber bullet, if you know what I mean.

I'm straight 'mirin. He is one ripped motherfucker for someone his age.

>glasses kiryu

goddamn i woke my roommates up

what did he mean by this?

i have to fight him with my dick right?

So
Best Yakuza movies? I've seen most of Kitano's works but there must be more.

Tokyo Drifter
Battles Without Honor and Humanity
Branded to Kill
Pale Flower

im thinking of buying a ton of criterion collection movies
i recommend shield of straw, the book not the movie
its a crime novel, not a yakuza book, but extremely good

The Yakuza Papers movies are pretty good, they may not be easy to find on torrent sites though.

Tokyo Drifter is also good and stylish as fuck.

Ichi the Killer is a pretty good movie, though I don't know if you could classify it as a Yakuza movie.

Also a movie I watched that involves a yakuza is Adrift In Tokyo
If you liked Shinada's arc in Yakuza 5, Adrift in Tokyo is great.

Someone put up Tokyo Drifter on youtube with pretty good quality.

youtube.com/watch?v=rUEfwYxAKyg

>mfw Adrift in Tokyo is free on amazon prime

Watch that shit then.

It's not really a Yakuza movie, but again it's similar to Shinada's arc in Yakuza 5, with the whole loan shark and deadbeat becoming friends.

>tetsuya watari

Not particularly Yakuza focused but all the Crows Zero movies are a fucking fantastic and keep with the whole Yakuza spirit

youtube.com/watch?v=pteINUnQLOo

i put that shit on my watch list
going to watch it in bed after this thread end and i write some more of my story

That's so fucking cool.

crows 0 was amazing
i tried to get my friends together for a movie night but they just start fucking around and not watching
my brother literally put headphones on during dead or alive 1 for the entire movie

What's the best way to get into these games? The combat in the new Yakuza games looks awesome, and I could always use more PS4 games.

>it's a yakuza thread

hell yeah, motherfuckers. i'm so excited for 0.

look up all the characters va's that are only in like 1 game, like kuze and the loan shark from 5
they are all yakuza actors and shit i couldnt believe it
everyone from dead or alive 1 is pretty much in 0

WOOOOOOOOW, THE FUMA BROS ARE ACTUALLY TRIPLETS

BRAVO SEGA

Emulate the first 2, I would highly recommend checking out the ps3 games as well if you enjoy the first two.

Keep in mind the first game is pretty old, its got some jank but its got a pretty good story.

What this guy said Yakuza games have a lot of notable actors in them, like that one user who really likes Yoko Maki. Hell in 0 the three lieutenants are modeled and voiced after veterans of yakuza type movies/shows.

Tatsuya Fujiwara (MC of Battle Royale) is in Yakuza 6.

actually thats just a young shintaro
unless you were making a joke im sorry

Oh wait, that's a 0 render, not 6. Disregard, I suck cocks.

Do they work well on an emulator or are they all glitched to shit?

you are mindless

The characters in Yakuza always look so good.

The ps2 games run fantastically, look em up, people have them tested out. The rest require a ps3 though, so you know. Get a ps3

whos got the emulation settings pic for 1-2?
im replaying 2 and i reset all my shit

I've learned not to share those types of movies with my normalfag friends after trying to show them Ichi the Killer, they just couldn't get into it at all. I really think Miike is one of those directors that doesn't have a lot of mainstream appeal (outside of maybe 13 assassins). They would have hated me if I showed them dead or alive 1.

theres a pic of them at a yakuza 0 even and they all look exactly like their game characters do, hair styles too

Arata Iura (bottom right) is my man crush. He's so dreamy.

No because I already own them all

Do you have the one with the JAV girls?

my one friend loved dead or alive crows 0, and shield of straw, which is shit compared to the book btw, so at least i have 1 friend that i can talk to
but yeah i dont bother with the rest of them anymore either

yeah thats the stuff thanks user

Yeah, I've got that pic saved too.

Here's a cool interview involving the actors, though it's all in nip.
youtube.com/watch?v=rbnv4GE4XZk

>1-2 wiiU remaster textures

You retard, the wiiu version looked bad compared to the ps3 textures of 1+2

yeah thats it
the 0 actors fit the game so well i love it

God damn it. Kuze's VA just has so much charisma. I could hear him talk all day.

You're also wrong because neither version got new textures. They're both just the PS2 assets rendered at a higher resolution.

Wait, I want that static theme. Does the physical edition come with it too?

Also how cheap are used ps4's these days?

No, it's only if you preorder the digital version.

Well fuck, I guess the wiius internal resolution is lower than the ps3's.

Either way, a unsucessful port.

Fuck.

Well it looks like just a background image.

Can you have custom background images on ps4?

Why are Yakuza threads so civil? It's actually really nice.

I think the static theme is digital only.

There will probably be a price drop in PS4s with the PS4 pro or whatever it's called coming out.

I got my PS4 from bestbuy last year for $220, but it was just the console itself, no controllers or wires.

Acording to Amazon, there's PS4s in that same price range already.

Niche series that is a real gem of a game. May not seem like it now but Demons souls was the same, bunch of civil ass dudes discussing a game and how much they love it.

jesus the emulator crew really stepped their game up
this shit looks so much better than when i played it last time
this makes me want to start making yakuza webms again

It's available on a one brand platform.

Makes for the best community.

It's a very niche series that is very fun to play.

Nope, which blows cause I love having custom backgrounds on my PS3.

JP PSN store has free themes on it a lot though.

Which emulator are you using?

Real-life Sotenbori looks awesome.

So they're going to be remaking 1 as well, right? That's basically all I want at this point since we never got 1&2 HD localized nor will we ever.

pcsx2 1.4

Yeah, I remember those DeS threads from where people were importing copies from Hong Kong.

The Nioh threads during the Alpha and Beta demos were actually quite similar, which was nice.

They already did. It's called Kiwami.

youtube.com/watch?v=HtiixXPHbUY

Scattered moment had no lyrics.

It also did not start with Wub Wub.

It was full piano for 2 mins then drums and violin,

I mean if you're gonna bait at least make sure it's at least partially true. Not full-on false.

Shame Nioh threads are already chock full of assholes shitposting about souls games when its the most Onimusha ass game to come out since Onimusha.
God dammit, I really need to buckle down and save up and go there.

I'm pretty damn surprised people like Kaoru. Usually you guys hate females in games like Yakuza.

I want her back. I really do. There was no goddamn point for her leaving in 3.

Read his post again. He was referring to how they would butcher ASM if they went in a similar vein to how they remixed 1's tracks for Kiwami.

Please do. You won't regret going to Japan.

I swear this guy looks very familiar but I don't remember what else I've seen him in (assuming it's modeled after his actual face)

sheit i didnt know this guy was in 2

They really should make Kiwami 2 with playable Ryuuji.

just beat five that last boss fight oh baby,where the fuck is tanimura

Wait, I'm a bit confused, so Kiwami is 1, and they're doing the remake of 2 right now? Is Kiwami getting localized or not?

I'm going to say because of an older playerbase, we get quite a few people in their 30s in these threads.

The average 15 year old Cred Forums shitposter doesn't follow this series at all, so anytime they try and bait anyone, their lack of knowledge about the characters and the different games in the series always comes off as blatant shitposting, so most people tend to ignore them.

Kiwami is a remake of Yakuza 1. There is no remake of 2 atm.

>Onimusha

There was some great discussion of older samurai and ninja games of the '90s and '00s in those early Nioh threads. Hell, I saw more discussion about Ninja Gaiden in those than I ever have in actual NG threads, which always seems to just boil down to NG and DMC autists arguing with each other.

Is Kiwami coming out in English sometime?

so is kiryus fighting style based on a real world style?

>so Kiwami is 1
Yes
>and they're doing the remake of 2 right now?
No (as far as we know)
>Is Kiwami getting localized or not?
Only Yakuza 0 is currently being localized. Sales of 0 will likely determine if future titles will be brought over

I hope not.

Kiwami was nice and all(I played it in japanese on ps3 due to me playing the first game alot) but its the same gameplay as zero down for a key.

Id rather them localize 6, and put 1+2 as a ps2 classics for ps4(and ps3)

Seriously? Did the image not tip you off at all that it was a joke?

Going to throw a very strong nah at that, its horrifically impractical for them to translate or put the work in on it when a brand new Yakuza game is coming out next year, and Y1-forward have already come out in the states.

If this wasn't a niche as fuck series sure, maybe.

Tanimura's actor probably didn't want to lend his likeness again, or is just too busy with other stuff

>he voiced Phoenix Wright in Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright
What the fuck?

No plans for Kiwami localization yet. Would be sensible though, but I think they'll wait and see how 0 does in terms of sales. They need to do more marketing.

Keep an eye out for the Playstation Event happening this December 3-4. It's where they announced a localization for 5 and 0.

It's just street fighting.

Won't be anything yet bro, they are 100% going to wait and see how 0 does before they make any plans at all for future games. Sony bought in, they want to see returns before footing another bill.

KUZEEEEEEEEE

>There was some great discussion of older samurai and ninja games of the '90s and '00s in those early Nioh threads.

Those first couple of threads were great weren't they? I remember the one that got slightly derailed into discussing Japanese mythology and about which creatures would make for good boss fights. I don't even go into the Nioh threads anymore, they're just autists arguing with one another over every little thing now.

They announced 0 localization a week before Yakuza 5 went up on PSN.

youtube.com/watch?v=SpNz-xx_sCo

Maybe because it was planned long before then? C'mon dude, don't be dense. The entire process was sony reaching out to find games to put on their platforms as part of a hearts and minds situation.

damn i really miss his fighting style

There's still a small core of posters in Nioh threads with good intentions, but yeah, the quality's undeniably dropped in more recent months.

What an awful shame.

Yasuko is cute! CUTE!

I doubt they expected much from a digital only game on a last generation platform that was released 3 years after Japan, was probably just a here you go sort of thing to older fans

Been hearing left and right about how 0 is the best Yakuza that even surpassed 2.

My hype meter knows no limit.

>even surpassed 2.
i wouldnt say that, but ill have to play the english version to confirm
2 holds a special place in my heart and i dont know if anything can top it in my book

does anyone else miss the fixed camera angles from 1-2 when running around the city?

When it comes to camera, hybrid is always the best. Fixed at some places to show off the landscape, and then controllable in some areas. Like the DMC games.

Yakuza doesn't really need fixed camera, though.

Not really.
I like being able to look around the city and looking at all the adverts around me.

I don't dislike the fixed camera though, but I enjoy free view more.

No.

We are NEVER EVER getting 6

>The community is so used to this shit we will have a full step by step translation done by a mega team of autists(our autists, bless them) that will make it playable for all.

I feel like 6 is too big of a game to be Asia only.

It might just be false hope, but I feel like they will localize 6 one day.

>current learning nip
>mfw i could read 1 line in ishin all by myself without a dictionary or guide open

>those awful feels

Why must it always be like this with every release? Why do all my countrymen have such shit taste in games? Why are SEGA so awful at marketing their games? Why was moonspeak made to be as hard as possible to learn for anyone that isn't from Asia?

I think this is the first time I've felt something for Kiryu.

Help

If 0 shows moderate sales I'd bet on 6. I'm worried though.

>tfw you will never feel his hot breath in your ear as holds you from behind and slowly pounds your ass
everyday i just want to die more

Here's the mahjong guide again in case anyone's interested in learning this evil game.

I still haven't.

>loved Yakuza 1
>Yakuza 2 is GOAT
>just finished Yakuza 3

good god 3 was so shit

Its a miracle 4 was even released

Nope, NOPE, NOOOOOPE. That's a rabbit hole, while enticing is far too deep for me.

I actually work for a Japanese company in China. They're still in use in Asia. I'm thinking about getting the SE for Kiryu's holder.

this whole scene made me mad and i didnt know why at the time
now i know its because im not kanda

I can't even play fucking Shogi, let alone this shit.

ahktually the card hold is simply a pre order bonus not a special edition

>China
I'm sorry.

Japanese and other Asian countries ALWAYS have cards ready to give. Especially for business.

Card holders are not unusual.

>want to buy this to support the series
>never played any of them
>Resident Evil VII comes out the same day
>the month before and the month after are packed with all the new games I want to play such as FFXV, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Persona 5 and Nier: Automata

4 is a lot better than 3, but I'd wait a bit before playing 4 since it's not hard to get burnt out on these games if you play them back to back.

what a time to be alive

New trailer?

youtube.com/watch?v=_NkRDLXcKDE

We only need a translator that will translate whole thing and an ASM programmer who has can hack in shit like VFW or system text.
I hope SEGA's file formats changed much from 5 and Ishin. Project like this is definitely possible.
But first - PS4 needs to be hacked.

Only good thing about 3 is Mine.

Oh and Wesker.

My brain just turns into absolute mush anytime I try to read through that.

Well, if you want to be a kind soul, you could pre-order and play it later.

Though I don't know if I could actually recommend doing that if you've never played a game in the series before.

Wow look at all that gameplay.

Seriously why are western Yakuza trailers so trash?

vary nise trailer
i hope we can buy the static theme after the game comes out, i dont want to have to buy the same game 3 times just to get all the cool stuff

I can't speak for your tastes, but you have plenty of time to check the series out by then.

Also calling some shots here, but Nioh, P5 and Y0 are the clear winners on that list. The rest have a lot of baggage added to them and stand a chance to be disappointing.

I'll admit Nier is more a personal issue in that I have grown to dislike platinum over the years, I'd like to be proven wrong though.

>mfw trying to read this or understand mahjong

Why? As a non-ESL I'm paid incredibly well and live equivalent to my life back home in the states...

Even better then

I don't think the average western "gamer" cares about gameplay anymore.

Show off some heat moves for god's sake. That was the selling point of sleeping dogs.

Those SD trailers were great, they were pretty much Japan Yakuza trailers. Nothing but "Here's a bunch of shit you can do"

I was told it's best to play Mahjong in order to learn it.

The guide will probably make a lot more sense when you're playing Mahjong.

I mean look at 6's trailer, then look at that. That Zero trailer is FUCKING BORING just like every other western Yakuza trailer.

Fuck me stupid, I'm sick of Sega's retardation.

>Every game has a mahjong quest
>You can always cheat your way out of it
Bless you tanned asian baby-man.

Shame about no 100% though. Kiwami in particular has some fucking evil mahjong requirements.

>Kenzan has a shogi mini-game in quest
>Before the game he asks you if you are good at it
>If you tell him that you are not you play and story continues anyway
>If you tell him that you are good - YOU HAVE TO WIN, NO TURNING BACK
Well, maybe after a few tries he backs off, I've never tried

Reminder this exists.

youtube.com/watch?v=2MmW9Ov72GE&list=PL_QtSMEGimbziT5blFoTHwth19kZOq2vp

i have never seen a dsp video before this

holy fuck he played Yakzua 4 too

>DSP gaming
No thanks, senpai.

don't do it

i stopped after he said something stupid in a weird voice

It's so weird. Waiting all this time for at least a few good games and then NOW they suddenly come out back to back.
I'm gonna have to budget HARD.
>but you have plenty of time to check the series out by then
My October is already packed with Spooky games and movies. I'll only have the first half of November to actually start something before Pokemon Sun and Moon comes out.
I wanted to try and finish Final Fantasy VII so I don't end being "that guy who's First Final Fantasy was XV". I'm already on the start of Disc 2.
>The rest have a lot of baggage added to them and stand a chance to be disappointing
Maybe, but no matter what, I'm playing The Last Guardian when it comes out. It's one of my highest priorities.

>the retard making this video probably made good money from it

Why do you think that?

3 had best soundtrack and a huge improvement from 1+2 gameplay wise

To add to that spoiler tag,
I first played VII back in 2011, but only got up to the part where you look for the combination for the safe in Shinra Mansion and then dropped it for some reason. Ever since, I've felt obligated to finish it.
I really want to play IX instead, though. Seems cooler.

>The "cold and calculated" cookie cutter villian
>best part

didn't do shit all game, has no direct connection with Kyryuu other than "muh family bonds" so he doesn't seem like a total edgelord paper-thin character(which he is)

unlike the other villians from 1 & 2, he felt so anti-climatic and pointless.

Because they changed writers and threw everything after that.

I meant as a boss fight, not character.

>shit story
>shit pacing
>shit villian
>cut content
>shit scenerios

the game just isn't anywhere near as interesting as the first 2 games

3 felt like a OVA side-story that could've been skipped, with the only relevant info is that Fuma is alive and Kyruu decided to run an orphanage.

Fair enough. But does it really make the game shit? Obsolete in terms of minigames since 4/5 perfected kareoke and had hostesses.

>boss fight is just another shirtless fight on top of the tower

how memorable.

>Fuma is alive
No, he died in the first game.

The guy in 3 is his twin brother.

3 was so bad that Sega themselves apologized for it.

Last boss fight that was actually challenging in this series. Can't say for Zero,haven't played it.

>asspull twin CIA brother

my mistake

>Fuma is alive
Good job not actually playing that game.

More memorable than 5's final boss or 4's for that matter. Kiryu vs Daigo was fucking lame. Mine was actually somewhat of a threat as he was youngster and stronger.

i love how when the writers didnt make him a try hard villain in ishin he was actually a good charcter

shit was easy as fuck, Yakuza 2 had the hardest boss fight of the first 3 games(currently playing 4)

They apologized for the cut content.

>shit was easy as fuck

Say that on EX-Hard.

>mfw fighting ryuji with 1 healing item and saving right before the battle

>its not easy on the hardest difficulty

wow, you got me bro

>boss fight is just another shirtless fight on top of the tower

This series isn't for you then.

it was still easy as fuck

The point being after 3, EX-Hard is a cakewalk.

I hope 6 going back to Kiryu only actually offers some sort of challenge.

holy fuck, i remember that happenin to me

and i reconsidered restarting.

I guess. He just blocked A LOT.

Ryuji was easy, the hardest was 1 and 4's.

1(jingu's fight) because of the swat that come back alive. Nishki wasnt too hard.

2 the tall guy with a million different health bars was harder than ryuji

3 was at least fair

4 daigo was retarded hard from what I remember but im replaying 4 right now.

5, kiryus fight was great.

me too
i havent felt tension like that in a long time
made the final cutscene so much more impactful

>daigo was retarded hard from what I remember

yeah, because criticizing unimaginative scenarios makes it pointless to play a series i enjoy.

I get it, its part of the charm. But the 3rd game lacked tension or urgency during the final confrontation.

>2 the tall guy with a million different health bars was harder than ryuji

i don't disagree

jingu was hard mostly due to shitty controls, i replayed it in kiwami and it was a fuckin cakewalk compared to 1
daigo in 4 was ezpz
i actually had some trouble with the kiryu fight as saejima in 4

>miss the last QTE
>have to do the fight all over again

good point about the lack of tension

I wish daigo died at the end of 3

Well im gonna finish the finale right now and see if I still struggle with diago on 4.

きさま!

i remember being so fucking mad about the guy who fucking rips the pipes off the walls and uses them as a weapon

but then i just grabbed and threw him over and over and over and rarely took a hit

>tfw you finally win
i miss that shit, the feel of a real fight in a game
after 2 everything else was to easy
i hope 6 brings back some difficulty

Wasnt he the
MOTH
ER
FUCK
ER

guy in the first game?

I forget what he did in both.

Can someone fucking tell me why

THE FUCK IS DAIGO MISSING AGAIN IN 6.

>mfw shinada can do some of his moves in 5

This guide is needlessly complicated. You can learn it much more easily by just playing the game and looking at a rulebook online to supplement the explanations provided in Y5.
That's what I did, although I still tend to lose most of the time.

he fights kiryu in the penthouse in milenium tower like just after mid game if i remember right

>playing Yakuza 4
>get to the point where I have to fight those chumps on the rooftop for that 100 billion yen
>nearly ko one of them
>he starts glowing red and regenerates a lot of his health

So wait, was there a way to stop these guys from regenerating or did I just have to deal with it? I remember I couldn't knock them down before they became invincible.

Hopefully dead.

Honestly I despise the "new" writer.

its been yokoyama since 3 right?
i dont like what they did with 3 and 4, in regards to killing off old characters and just straight up ignoring others, but i thought he and the write staff was improving based on what i was hearing with 0

I think 0 was based of rough ideas the old writer had while writing the first game. They must've picked up the scraps and put them together.

Considering where 6 is going, I highly doubt they're improving at all. 6 honestly so far looks like a clone of 3 plot-wise, or at the very least there are a lot of similarities.

What are your graphics settings? I'm trying to figure out why there's so much shitty bloom effects in mine.

i used for my settings, worked like a charm

>Yakuza 1
Kenshiro vs. Shin

>Yakuza 2
Kenshiro vs. Souther

>Yakuza 3
Bleach Literally who villian?

>Yakuza 4
????

>Yakuza 5
??????

>kiryu went to jail for some reason so we can have a time skip
>daigo fucked up and went missing
>AGAIN
The game isn't even out and we're already approaching RUBBER BULLET levels of retardation.

Sounds like you're fighting Kiddo.

Yeah he regenerates his HP and there's nothing you can do about, though he only had two health bars to start with and regens them both, so it's no big deal.

Some bosses have their own heat mode as well.

>mfw you fight kiryu in 4 and he uses his red heat

>Yakuza 6 will be Kenshiro vs Raoh

Get hype!

My sides
Thanks user

>kitano takes off his shirt
>is suddenly 7 feet tall and ripped

I want that Theme really fucking bad. Does it come with music to when you set it on your ps4?

imokaywiththis.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=DEilgTOrRzM

That would be really damn funny. But I'd believe it.

Post some music why don'tcha

post yfw kiryu earns that honorable death at the end of 6

That reveal was a lot less silly in the manga, despite Ojisan being a manlet.

How about something from the PSP games for a change.
youtube.com/watch?v=qAvcHwlxxIo

youtube.com/watch?v=kxFTE3iGkiA

youtube.com/watch?v=UONHPUcJsV0

youtube.com/watch?v=oEo2kqpEeOs

youtube.com/watch?v=P5BGNHN4PQo

youtube.com/watch?v=k-ytQh6U9K4

youtube.com/watch?v=DsCtzDlYs_A

>He ends up donating organs to Haruka to save her life

I really need to get around to reading the manga.

>post credits scene show him alive despite his organs being removed

It's really good.
A lot more violent and sexual than the movie too.
Author did a manga called Homunculus as well which is fantastic.

Speaking of Ichi, has anyone seen the Like A Dragon film by Takashi Miike?

It's kinda shit, but has a lot of good moments.

Ok, im back form the yakuza 4 finale and daigo wasnt that bad. His stun punches are annoying. The real bullshit is tammurias fight because his style sucks against multiple people and you have the police cheif mikunatawhatever shooting at you.

Worse than Yakuza 1's fight against jingu.

i want to watch it, you know since its a RGG movie but i want to buy it so ive been holding off for a while
is it worth it to see as a fan?

just bring bullet blocking armor to tanimuras fight and its piss easy

Wouldent that be 5?

Morinaga slightly looks like raoh.

Y4 for kiryu id say Kenshiro Vs Rei or Toki

Still fuckin annoying though, I hate tanimuras style.

I thought it was pretty bad desu. I don't know why they wasted so much time on that pointless teenage robbers subplot. It also didn't have enough hand to hand combat or good fight scenes, I mean the biggest action scene was Kiryu blowing away dudes with a shotgun, what the fuck were they thinking?

With that said, the guy that played Majima did a pretty good job and was the best part of that movie.

All the scenes with Majima are great, but he's kinda different than what he is in the game.

In the movie, he's like the main villain.
Nishiki appears in the last 10 minutes of the film, along with Yumi.

There's also some subplot about a robbery and another subplot about these two robbers.

I'd recommend watching it, but don't go in expecting it to be good.

i loved it, it was such a nice change from the other styles
i feel like they couldve made that style so much better if they had like a whole game with that style and went more indepth into it

Different guy here, I actually gave the sacred tree armor to tanimura without any knowledge of what happens in the finale.
When I saw all the bullets I was blocking I knew that I'd made the right choice, it felt good.
I still had to use one staminan royale.

yeah its a movie based on a game, i dont expect too much from those
thanks user, ill try to get it on payday

If you can't learn mahjong, you should just marathon Akagi. You'll unlock the mental fortitude to be able to afterwards, trust me.

You'll be doing tsumos and rons left and right while swerving on bitches and getting mangans ez.

I want to fuck comatosed Haruka!

I turned down the difficulty for Ryuji's fight

I want Ishin Haruka to clean my ears and sell my vegetables.

That's a death sentence Buck, her dad's gonna kill you.

You guys are importing 6 right? You wouldn't want Anri to have to be forced to work in a soapland after not moving enough copies for SEGA now would you?

I was originally going to hold out until an English release, but after that TGS gameplay, I'm kinda tempted to import.

Oh my..

>Anri

Don't care lol

his style sucks against multiple people, user are you fucking kidding me his counter is literally crowd control

More games need taunting abilities. Nothing better than slamming some guy to the ground and then gesturing him to step the fuck up.

>but after that TGS gameplay, I'm kinda tempted to import.

Yeah same, I'm also having some serious doubts that 0 is going to sell well. So I may as well just get it now and hope that someone writes another great guide like the khh one; instead of waiting for a game that might never come over.

Plus how can I resist? Takeshi Kitano, Anri Okita and Virtua Fighter 5 all in the same game? How can that not be a day one import for me?

>Yakuza 3 is disc-only and costs $50+
I bought a PS3 in 2016 so that I could get cheap games god damn it.

Is 3 really $50? You should probably get it now while you still can at that price, before it goes up to $80+ like Yakuza 2.

What the fuck, I swear 3 was just $30 two months ago.

Yeah.
Yakuza 4 is also very high, but it at least has a digital download that's only $20.

bought my copy for like $20

but then again that was a year ago

fucking gooks.

>internet went out during a yakuza thread
>oh no my yakuza bros!
>Cred Forums went out at the exact same time as my internet
The fuck?

>that sad as fuck music in the new trailers for 6

You're not fooling me again orange man. I honestly thought Kiryu died at the end of 5 with this playing.

youtube.com/watch?v=VJrXaOSSzaM

That being said, I don't think they'll kill off Kiryu. He'll probably turn into Komaki in his old age.

A-are we back?

I'm not your bro.

RESIST user. PSX'16 localization believe

>fully voiced according to the recent trailer
Fuck yeah I'm importing it. I can't believe I'll be playing it before 0 comes out though. I should've just imported it as well, but by the time I got that far into the series the localization had been announced and I wanted to support that.

We back senpai.

If they do kill Kiryu, I wonder how free roam will be when we beat the game.

Will we play as someone else who has the exact same fighting style as Kiryu?

Will they just let zombie Kiryu sing karaoke with Haruka?

Game flashes forward 15 years.

If you mean the premium adventure mode, then I'd imagine it would stay the same seeing as how the main story is never a part of that mode.

>I will never get the SE because I live in Europe
Fuck you SEGA, you smegma chugging cocksuckers.
Please make it available in Europe

>Console exclusive
Thank god. Sony can suck a giant niggerdick.

It'll probably come around.

If they don't release it, you could just import since the PS4 is region free.

>playing Ishin
>dislike how the gun has infinite ammo
>discover gun training with that stylish cowboy

HOLY FUCK THIS IS AWESOME

If you put the right abilities into your pistol, it becomes one of the strongest, most game breaking styles by far. I try not to rely on it too much, since it can really kill the difficulty for most of the game, even on ex hard.

Is it really hard to get Yakuza games cheap second hand in the US? I found my copies for 1 - 4 pretty easily on eBay ranging from £10 to £20

Yakuza 2 is like $74 for just the disc on amazon.

3 is kinda cheap from what I've seen.

>Shinji dies in 1 and Kiwami
>normal response not over the top

>you know how dies in 3
>cries like a faggot literally wailing like a woman

Fuck I hate 3 so much..

Yakuza 2 is rare and somewhat expensive here in the US. The rest aren't too bad yet, but the prices seem to be going up.

>I'll never own an English physical copy of Yakuza 5

Th-thanks SEGA

Around 200 $. Yakuza 1 and 2 is really expensive.

>tfw I have a PS2 copy of Yakuza 2 still sealed in the plastic wrap
I'ma be rich one day

Nigga, I hope you've actually played it, if not you need to unwrap that shit and get to it.

we'd all buy it

you sound like you'd be in a substory of a guy who creeps on kiryu and tries to lick his abs and then gets beat up

MORNIN TO YOU ALL, at least from burgerland.

I'm excited for 0

Are you telling me we're getting a patch that actually translates the game?

I wanna believe.

Even b4 I got into all this weeb stuff, I fucking hated learning Japanese in school and really don't want to buy some 100+ hour game in which I have to have a translation guide at hand.

Half-assed in some ways (with text getting out of bounds of a textbox), but yes.
Based on KHH and Egomaniac's let's play, since I don't know Japanese too.

so I just bought all the yakuza games except 1/2 because I'm going to emulate them. Any tips or advice for someone just starting this series?

Oh yeah, I played Y2 years ago, don't worry. I just have this other copy

Who the fuck is the guy in the green coat?

Y5 Saejima presumably

Yeah, I got a tip
__________Play the games__________
Though seriously I'd recommend taking a break after beating a game, since it can wear you out.

Oh, and always do training.

Fighting system will get MUCH better in Yakuza 2.

Don't rush to main story quest, take your time and search for sidequests - some are available only at particular moments.

Take a break after completing a game before getting to next one, otherwise you will burn out.

I'm currently watching a lp of 1 and thinking of picking up 2 since I started from 3 and made my way through 4 and 5 also.

But with Kenzan, I could pick it up and then there'd be a patch that translates it then?

I'd be fucking keen mate.

It will only work with CFW PS3s, by the way. Official firmware doesn't allow modifying executable files for games.
And won't be finished until 2018

>someone saved my screenshots

0 translation can't come soon enough

Even then, we'll have to wait nearly four years for 6 like we did for 5

What do you think they're going to change Bubble in the intro sequence to? Generic combat theme yet again?

4 has movies that relate the first 3 and is 20$/€ on PSN. Good starting point.

Will do. Thanks guys.

Probably this.
youtube.com/watch?v=49VqnwKuBm8

HOL' UP
there's a patch for kenzan?
how do I fucking install it

>we'll never get those stylish as fuck install screens ever again.

kind of sad desu

Wait a minute, so the kid in the trailer is haruka's son? what the fuck? she's like 16

Forgot to post the video

youtube.com/watch?v=XXrVeiEXtYs

She WAS 16.
Yakuza games take place in the year they're released in.

20 now, but she looks identical to her appearance in 5. Some speculate it's not even her biological kid.

It better not be, I won't let anyone touch haruka's purity

Just want to remind you that you can delete posts because goddamn that was post you made was some dumb shit user

To be fair, they always release 1 pure story and 1 pure gameplay trailer for Japanese release.

Not like people watch the trailer anyway, even in gameplay vids people are saying it's a ripoff of GTA and Sleeping Dogs

In the first game he's there to show you that Haruka is so important Omi is willing to step into Tojo turf.

The second game is half about the clan war so he's there as a throwback to the first game

God, I hate his fight in 2, stupid fucking windmill move.

>Yakuza 5 Final Chapter
>Try the "fight" to unlock the last 5 levels
>Mfw
Thats not a fight.
Thats real rape.

Try doing it with Shinada with no weapons.

So I messed up in Y1 and missed out on 100% completion with no backup save. Does anyone know if there's a comprehensive list of choices that cause options to be missable? The choice I made was something in one of the bars during a quest, and since I chose the wrong one it locks me out of the gambling or whatever it was which bummed me out. I know in the latter games(I think it was 3 onward?) they did away with missables to my understanding, but in 1 and I think 2 I know there's stuff that can be missed or messed up which means a new playthrough is needed.

yes

>Author did a manga called Homunculus as well which is fantastic.
I fucking love homunculus this guy has some awesome facial expressions

>civil Yakuza thread with more than 100+ posts

and another example
"read" right to left

Yeah, the guy is a real pro at drawing facial expressions.

So, as a non-Japanese speaker exactly how annoying do the games get if you have to follow it solely through a guide? I remember doing TWEWY before it came out on the DS and it wasn't too bad, and with a dual monitor setup it should be relatively simple to deal with. Is it just the fact you basically have to watch cutscenes twice?

1 and 2 are the most expensive of the lot with 2 going to upwards of $135 that I personally saw, but that was brand new. If you're looking at used they're still going to be about $30+ for Yakuza 1 with Yakuza 2 again being somewhere in the $70+ mark. 3 is cheap when it comes to the mainline games, I got my copy brand new from Amazon for about $24 around November of last year and there were multiple copies of it for the same price at the time, though now it's sitting at about $43 there. 4 sits at around $40-60 new, though it's usually at the $50 mark.

Dead Souls is like the only cheap game of the series, you can constantly get it for $10 new.

Are you talking about Yakuza 0? Because that has the same date as US.

If you're going at your own face and not trying to be a completionist then it's perfectly fine.

If you're trying to do ALL the side shit you're in for a headache, but it's still do-able. Prepare to have more tabs than these open.

I'm looking to 100% every game, so this means Kenzan, Ishin, but I'm mainly thinking about importing 1 and 2 HD the most.

I played through Yakuza 0 using the KHHsubs guide, but that was for mini-game and level up stuff since the story guide is canceled.

Luckily, it's pretty straight forward on where you need to go in 0, but I had to consult a let's player once.

It can still be pretty demoralizing though, especially the level up shit.

The only games that haven't been translated are the spin-offs.

You won't need a translation guide to play 1, 2, 3, 4, Dead Souls, 5 and 0. They have all been localised. 0 will be out in the West in January.

You'd need a translation guide for Kenzan, Ishin, Kiwami and the PSP games.
I can only speak for what I've played, and Ishin was absolutely fine to play through a guide. Like said, you'll have a lot of tabs open. I didn't find it frustrating at all, being a completionist didn't cause me much trouble.

If you're planning on 100%ing 1&2, then be sure to NEVER miss a scripted QTE.

I've been told that those things count toward 100%

Business Edition is Americas only.

If Sega said that 0 will be completely "uncensored" does that mean Miracle Johnson will be in the game?

Thanks guys, I'm still trying to get into the series so it's very helpful information, but I really loved the 10 hours or so I played of 1.

Wasn't one of the PSP games getting a translation patch?
gbatemp.net/threads/kurohyō-ryū-ga-gotoku-shinshō-yakuza-black-panther-translation-project.371411/

Like I mentioned earlier, I already messed up in 1, so I'm well aware there's ways to lock you out of 100% which is infuriating since they're long games in general, but they cut that out relatively quick.

For the uninformed. Here is the prequel to the events that happen in Yakuza 1. Apparently this was released with EU version of Yakuza 1 back on the ps2.
youtube.com/watch?v=f4yEM7iww-M

Dunno why, but I love 19:20 so much.

this is why zero has a decent story

they took ideas they had lying around before the even made 1

the current writer is still SHIT

DUDE RAPE LMAO

Speaking of which

Would you do a fat or skinny Hana?