Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9rFE8HzIijY?t=5m32s
youtube.com/watch?v=UWMz7-7SGlo
youtube.com/watch?v=lEhKb8HihAc
youtube.com/watch?v=c5G_aoEcwK4
wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Northeron
eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9952095129?page=1#post-20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have no clue, it's surrounded by invisible walls on all sides.

Welcome to Blizzard.

Daily reminder that Burning Crusade was released in 2007 and 10 years later you still can't fly in Quel'thalas and Eversong woods

fucking lazy fucks

Stratholme

flying mounts were a mistake.

Troll hideout.

This. The outrage at Blizzard for trying to remove flying mounts in WoD was fucking sad.

What's that? user, your map is weird

Where are the troll nations in all this anyways?

>back when Blizzard wasn't anti-fun enough to wall off hidden or unfinished content

elves

Remember that one tiny island off of the coast of Durotar, the instance in Tanaris, and that one raid that was patched in halfway through vanilla?

Yeah... that's about it desu

It was supposed to be stratholme but they but it's just a protoytype of the instance and and some shitty looking mountains.

post transmogs

The problem with removing flying in WoD was they designed each zone to be an annoying bowl filled with nonsensical obstructions that were cool for the first time in each zone but became nothing but an annoyance when you had to go back on other character or quests.

I'm all for zones being designed to look a certain way to enhance the experience when playing but traveling to those experiences shouldn't be a chore. Personally I think this should be fixed by revamping flight paths. Making the routes look better and speed them up 5 or 10 times.

I think I remember there being a green raid portal far inside the demon area of Winterspring which was thought to be the entrance to a Mount Hyjal raid.

nah
>the entire STV is populated by trolls
>Hinterlands has several troll settlements and a massive outdoor troll dungeon
>trolls control some land in Arathi and a part of Stromgarde
>there's a plagued troll settlement in EPL
And then TBC added the Amani

Yeah, but if you climbed the mountains you could get to the other side, and there was a massive, almost fully finished zone there,

>Hinterlands
I always forget that region exists.

It must suck being the guy who designed it - knowing that almost no-one ever bothered to step foot in it even before the entire world was made redundant.

>what is zul'farrak mallet
>what is noggenfogger quest
>what is jintha'alor that rewards some of the pre-bis items for casters and melees
>what is emerald dragon world boss
Sounds like plenty of reason to me.

to be fair it looks like it was designed in about 2 hours, most of the zone is just hills with trees copy-pasted from loch modan, 3 quests and a small troll dungeon

Thats because they're on the outland map and were never designed to be seen from the sky. silvermoon city is literally half a city.

youtu.be/9rFE8HzIijY?t=5m32s

>what is zul'farrak mallet
>what is noggenfogger quest
>what is jintha'alor that rewards some of the pre-bis items for casters and melees
I literally don't recognise any of those.
>what is emerald dragon world boss
Something patched in to finally give the zone some brief relevancy.

i wish i liked legion as much as everyone else seems to

I didn't play the game so none of it matters: The post

maaan before flying mounts i remember looking up videos of private servers / hacked clients getting to these empty locations.

I remember getting myself stuck in the big empty area in... the area behind the undead starting zone.

>I literally don't recognise any of those.
Well that means you're clueless, laddie.
>he never tried noggenfogger

iirc theres a single lighthouse up there. The map will say you're in quel'thalas.

d

>being this much of a catababby

Don't know if this was done on a private server (were there any online back in 2005?) but this is a cool video: youtube.com/watch?v=UWMz7-7SGlo

I have no idea how he gets into the Emerald Dream or Outland though.

shitty video from 2007 to back this up

youtube.com/watch?v=lEhKb8HihAc

What? It is the comfiest zone of all time. Of all time.

Yeah man. The Hyjal area was beautiful, you could even go to the world tree

You mean grizzly hills?

>I didn't play the game
I played the entire time from vanilla until the start of WotLK. It's just that Hinterlands was one of the most unmemorable regions I ever quested in. That and Feralas.

please be honest
is legion actually good or not

Yes

>the comfiest zone of all time
For me that would be The Shimmering Flats or Mulgore.

I'd sometimes spend an evening just powerleveling a fresh character through Mulgore. Not too sure why I enjoyed it so much.

Shimmering Flats looked beautiful if you had a computer that could handle the textures.

>is legion actually good or not
If you liked MoP then you'll like Legion. It's a slightly-less-bad WoD.

>outland map
>never designed to be seen from the sky

Two fuck ups by blizzard which are no reason for not being able to fly. They should never have been in the outland map, that was likely just a cheat for resource management that should have been addressed during the massive changes in cataclysm. Either way that is just a minor functionality issue, the real issue is why did blizzard knowingly create such a shitty looking city for the expansion that released flying mounts? Full retard. Even as things are right now there should still be flying in azuremist and let fatigue manage the borders.

Files for the Emerald dream were in the game for a long time. I know of dopefish' videos.

The Emerald dream was in vanilla but received a huge update in BC, yet was still inaccessible. Lead alot of people to thinking Emerald dream expac was next after BC.

you're either a lying sack of shit or never progressed beyond level 30

I didn't start playing till right before Wrath's release. And yet I leveled in both Hinterlands and Feralas on my very first(and still main) character on the way to level sixty.

You're a fucking faggot ass loser, both zones are awesome.

Back when the game actually felt populated at lower levels finding those out of the way zones and exploring them while doing quests felt like you were on an "actual" adventure.

honestly i think flying was one of those features that did more long-term damage than short term gain.

Flight paths were nice, comfy. but i think flying was just eliminated huge swathes of content.

maybe im just a sucker for "that new continent feel" i stopped playing at the end of WotLK.

Back in the day if you swam there it said it was Quel'Thalas

i dont remember my favourite zone.. it was far north, lots of undead, an open world pvp event that was always dead quiet involving 3 towers.

questing there felt like you were doing something to advance the game/plot, even though after you left it was just the same old place when you returned a year later, everyone was still poor.

Hinterlands was beautiful and had several quest important quest chains bring you there. It also had a pretty awesome area called jintha'alor which was a tiered troll city that you needed a group to get into and out of because things would spawn behind you, this made the PvP fairly intense because losing meant having a very hard time when you rezzed. That area was also great for xp, herb/mining and gold farming.

Hinterlands was also the alliance doorway into sorrow hill which was the PvP capital.

I'm sorry you never went there but it was a great zone. Also feralas was chill as fuck and you missed out big time.

>hinterlands and feralas
>forgettable

what the actual fuck

The only actually forgettable zone was desolace

>that's about it desu
>laughing at trolls, the official wewuzkangs of warcraft, and their gods
ITS NOT EASY BEING BLUE
BUT IT'S WORSE TO BE YOU

That is the sensible solution.
The mass of people on the forums weren't interested in that at all. When they initially thought flying was going to be gone in WoD they shit their pants hard and raged like never before. They continued to rage when it was decided to be an achievement (not a tough one, the only time consuming part a rep grind tied to dailies) and some even now won't stfu about it.
The REAL reason is many of them hate world pvp (but are on pvp servers) and used flying in all the ways the rest of us do -- to be lazy and skip over shit -- but additionally to avoid being ganked.
I know it sounds like i'm being mean to dragonslayers but that really was the root of their rage. Flying in WoW isn't even "cool", it's basically swimming on a mount in the air. It is a good example of how some convenience features will sound really great on paper but turn out to ruin so much with the benefit of hindsight.

Fuck meant to respond to

EPL
And you certainly hadn't seen its glory days, because before that 3 towers event was added, it was one of the biggest warzones on 60. People would always fight in Light's Hope Chapel or in Tyr's Hand, every PvP movie of old has some scenes there.

I wish Warcraft could go back to when it wasn't as mega popular. It seems as popularity rose it got worse and lost a lot of it's charm. Everything is over done and not as cool, fuck now I want to play some wc3.

>And yet I leveled in both Hinterlands and Feralas on my very first(and still main) character on the way to level sixty.
I leveled in both of those zones. I wouldn't be calling them unmemorable if I hadn't experienced them. Hintelands just felt like a slightly more boring version of Arathi Highlands to me, and Feralas was an area I'd do a quest or two in then go somewhere else, unless I was going to Dire Maul.
>Back when the game actually felt populated at lower levels finding those out of the way zones and exploring them while doing quests felt like you were on an "actual" adventure.
I liked Swamp of Sorrows, Tanaris, Azshara, Felwood, and Winterspring for that reason.

Back in the early days all those exploration videos had me so hype for the future of the game. It makes me sad to look back now a decade or so later and see that most of that content either never made it into the game or was twisted into something barely a fraction as cool as what it once was.

What a shame man.

>Cata Orgrimmar
>corrupted blood
Holy fuck how can anyone be this full of shit? Corrupted Blood incident took place in 2005, years before org got revamped. That screenshot is from that time wow servers got bugged and all characters kept dying for no reason.

Too bad it was a depressing wasteland of boring nothingness

>literally an STV-tier warzone because of all the cross-faction low-droprate quest in the area
Your life was depressing.

>liking the shimmering flats
spotted the casual who didnt play on a pvp server
that place was hell

Hinterlands was an actual popular place for Horde to level in their upper 40s to low 50s, on top of having a large outdoor dungeon with quests that give gear useful for 60s and a world raid boss. You're thinking of Desolace.

Wallclimbing is awesome.

>Honor Guard's Mark

Alliance salty as fuck because of that trinket. I think it was 1% hit and 20 AP. Ridiculously good considering there wasn't much else to be had.

So are there any parsers for overall DPS for the first day of raiding with the hotfixes?

Get out legioncuck

What's more fun? Shadow Priest or Demonology Warlock?

Flying did damage because Blizzard refuses to embrace it. Wrath zones were designed with flying in mind, giving you Storm peaks. They say flying makes the game less social because you don't meet other players while flying, which is true, but you're not going to land near farming spots, which is where people gather naturally.
Sure, you're not going to find a random player struggling with quests, party up and level together, but that's only relevant in the first month, since everyone will have enough gear to faceroll any quest by then

in vanilla? SP

Didn't know wow thread meant nostalrius thread, my bad.

Eastern plague lands. The pvp content came in either very late in vanilla or along with the TBC release. Pretty cool zone and one of the few with an elite area in it that would fuck you up if you weren't ready.

>did more long-term damage
Absolutely, like group finder it addressed a serious design issue but it diminished the community and was later just used as a crutch.

>Flight paths were nice
This is nostalgia goggle bullshit. Flightpaths were always slow, clunky and inconsistent and in vanilla some essential flightpaths were actually prohibitively expensive. Cata did some work at repositioning the actual flight path to see more of the zones and make use of geography but they are still far too slow and there are many points where you make impossible speed changes and weird angle/height changes. They were never comfy but better flight paths is how you save world design and still eliminate flying.

Stormwind had a similar issue where the city itself was indoors and had a false skybox and the actual city as viewed from above was a mockup. They fixed that, couldn't be much harder to finish off silvermoon. They put several years into a marketing/pet project with a $160 million budget that didn't quite break even and was a failure in the eyes of critics, they can spend a few weeks fixing broken content.

>it will never be real
>You'll never run through a forest of floating trees

>vanilla = memestalrius
Not quite correct, buddy.

>That feel when they finally added a purpose to those sunken gnomish buildings off the coast of Tanaris
It was neat.

>A flat plane of poorly designed grinding and PvP
If you're easily entertained, I guess, whatever floats your boat man.

You can in EN raid if you beat Xavius :^)

>spotted the casual who didnt play on a pvp server
>that place was hell
Actually, I loved real-world PvP. That was one of the biggest highlights of the game for me, and a big reason that I lost interest since the expansions started to roll out.

It was insane to see the Horde straight up genocide the NE town in Ashenvale, for example. My first character was a NE rogue, and I still remember trying to sneak around the town of Astranaar without being spotted by the mob of L60 brutes. It made the world feel so much more alive, as inconvenient as it was.

>You're thinking of Desolace.
I'm not a huge fan of that place either tbqh.

You can actually get there through Stratholme.

It's really just an empty field surrounded by mountains, with a Night Elf tower and dock on the coast.

So much neat and hidden things in the original game, and all sorts of fucking theories on the most random of stuff.

Mount Hyjal being a nearly fully complete zone complete with world tree and an instance portal to Neltharion's lair.
The hidden section of Dun Morogh that you had to get cc'ed through a wall to get to.
The whole mad theorycrafting and crazy searching people did trying to find the Ashbringer.

Even post-Cataclysm revamp there's a lot of neat things to find if you know where to look. If you get creative with far sight/eagle eye in the Naxx raid you can see outside the level and the whole instance is actually built above a version of Winterspring, but for some reason Stratholme is right fucking next to it. There's even an untextured model of what was probably alpha Naxx floating above it from when the entrance of Naxx was originally going to be at the end of the Stratholme instance in a vein similar to BWL.

What was his name again?

>You're thinking of Desolace
god I hated that as alliance. And you HAD to go there pre lvl 40 to get one of the better weapon reward quests for SM... which was also a pain in the ass to get to.

There was no instance portal to Neltharion's lair.
There was however a non-instanced cave that was a splitting image of Onyxia's Lair

I don't think I can ever forgive blizz for going literally nowhere with the corrupted ashbringer and then a decade later giving it to everyone.

legions pretty good though

who is that little sperm worm?

Kishkumen!

hector

Grim

>a massive outdoor troll dungeon
>outdoor dungeons

Man. There you go making me feel bad.

Don't forget the caverns of time. I remember bringing my guildmates here and Hyjal and having an amazing time just gawking at everything.

I actually loved desolace, but it's mostly sentimental
>late at night questing in the burnt forest in stonetalon
>oh neat, a nook in the mountains
>oh shit a new zone! no one told me about this for obvious reasons in hindsight hyenas, scorpions and SEA GIANTS holy shit
>logged off shortly after knowing I had an adventure ahead of me
I also loved mauradon and the centaur reps but that came later, my only gripe was how the horde town was so far from everything

Stratholme was intended to be a big ass outdoor zone, hence its size comparable to 10 man raids.

World PvP against level 58s with no trinkets: the player

In all seriousness though those videos were hype as fuck

Caen
Grim
Kishkumen
Daimyo
Unown
Drakedog

who am I missing? I know there was a warrior and priest that did some shit.

Maydie
dunno about the priest

> Liking visually and mechanically bland too long elite zones
???

Also Suramar has one.

Truly gliders are the perfect airborne transport for MMO RPG's. You get the joy of flying but the limitations of not being able to easily change direction/stop/fly upwards

>If you get creative with far sight/eagle eye in the Naxx raid you can see outside the level and the whole instance is actually built above a version of Winterspring

That's actually supposed to be the Northrend areas you see in Kel'Thuzad's room. They didn't even update it in Wrath.

Warrior is Laintime if you're not casual, Pat if you are casual.

Laintime was a GOAT vanilla warrior

who the fuck is maydie?

Laintime was the one.

Tanaris is my favorite zone. Love the cute tunes, comfy AF.

Fucking Laintime was doing shit I never even knew existed

Difference is SW is the main Alliance city and Silvermoon is a crappily designed city(infrastructure wise) that no one visits besides RPers.

>who
the all-famous r14 nerd who got rekt by naked kishkumen
educate yourself

I spent an embarassing amount of time farming whipper root tubers because of Laintime.

Please send me back.

vurtne was great but unown and otherguy's videos were way more fun to watch.

I think otherguy showed up randomly in a grim movie iirc.

what's her endgame?

I always had my Bank/Auction pawn parked in Silvermoon because I loved the architecture and relative solitude compared to Orgrimmar.

the barrens for the barrens chat alone made it the best zone in the old days. looking back, it was pure Cred Forums cancer but, i was an underage cancer shit so, i loved it.

>implying Sylvanas has game

Fuck every man in the world

Not at the time of release or even up to cata.

Laintime made all those all gear no skill R14 plebs look like the tools they were

>mfw its another 'laintime using every trick in the world to win a fight he started at 40% hp against a frost mage' episode

Otherguy wasn't playing on Al'Akir. You might be thinking of Zalgradis

to be impregnate by me.

Immortality for herself and the Forsaken, and/or a way for the Forsaken to reproduce. Hence why she tried to enslave Eyir with Helya's aid in Stormheim. She'll probably show up in the raid that Helya will be the boss of or something.

Talking about WoW makes me want to play it again, but then I remember that any remotely popular Vanilla server could be shut down at any time with no warning.

I want to powerlevel a troll hunter again.

my nigga. got my first mount while leveling there.

>rekt by a naked

so not worth watching.

It was so long ago I can't remember and I never paid attention to anyones servers and nearly shit myself in TBC when I ganked Caen in hellfire, who was a much lower level than me at the time.

Wait for Crestfall, laddie.
>I want to powerlevel a troll hunter again.
LMAO WHITEKIDNEY REALM FIRST 59

To make us sad when they kill her when we just wanted to waifu her

To usher in her masters the void lords Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Can you fly in Ghostlands? I haven't been to the zone probably since they added flying to Azeroth proper and I was thinking about doing the redone ZA for the mounts but didn't feel like slowly going through 2 zones to get there.

She will probably enslave Helya or take her place. I imagine the most optimistic second prize Sylvannas could obtain is rulership of an Underworld domain for her Forsaken so they have somewhere to go when they double-die that Sylvanas controls.

When she died, she went to a bleak afterlife of despair. Also Arthas was there.

i fuckin loved sword-spec arms

Nope. Fastest way is flying from Silvermoon or UC. If you don't have the flight path, have fun running.

>If you don't have the flight path
user....

Looks promising.
RIP my free time.

Hinterlands is up there with forgotten zones. My favorite go-to ghost town was Desolace though. I would always do a /who when questing there and very rarely got anyone to show up. The only exception would be people doing Mara, which hasn't been a thing since Vanilla. I think they raped the zone in Cata though.

We must save Arthas!

>wf totem
>autohit procs wf that procs sword spec hit

muh dick

Didn't they just give everyone all vanilla fps after they redid everything in cataclysm? I know my my druid has a shit ton of fps and he's literally never been outside durotar and org

>sylvanas caring about the forsaken
>especially after securing her own immortality

Aren't "unprotected" souls just kind of left to the whim of the Twisting Nether? Usually to be enslaved/tormented by void creatures and demons or something?

That prophecy isn't about her as she has already died 3 times.

Tell me about Dalaran Ruins Cred Forums

Have you guys ever noticed that Blizzard fucking loves lengthy elevators for Horde cities? Is this also an Alliance problem? It's something that's always bugged me for fucking years. TB has that slow fucking elevator to get up, though I think it's just low enough so you don't die when falling off of it. Neo-Org has a slow shitty elevator to get up to the flightmaster and zeps. I think there is an alternate route but it's slower. UC has slow shitty elevators just to get down the actual city, and I'm pretty sure you can die from falling all the way to the bottom. And while it's a minor city that I'm not even sure exists anymore, fucking Freewind Post in Thousand Needles had the worst elevator ever. I died so many time walking off the edge like a retard.

>I think they raped the zone in Cata though.
You can say the same for most zones, especially 1k needles and Azshara.

I don't believe any major Alliance city has any kind of elevator.

Azshara is an improvement desu

Goblins aligning with either faction was a gross mistake on par with making furries a playable race.

There is a teleporter between silvermoon and UC. I hadn't played a horde until TBC and haven't played one since and even I knew that. Also that FP is a particularly long one and the quel'danas FP connected to them is brutal.

Azshara was a literal rape. Like, the goblins actually changed the landscape to make the Horde symbol, right? I definitely don't remember that shit pre-Cata. I liked Azshara, but I don't remember it having that many quests. It was mainly world dragon and shit for the Shifting Sands.

>Thousand Needles after the cataclysm
Azshara is pretty bad too, but I can't help but love how the goblins terraformed it into the literal insignia of the Horde as a show of good faith.

AINT NEVER HEARD OF GNOMERGAN?!

Triggered.

No it's not

Goblins aren't one unified race, they are a bunch of factions, bilgewater would have remained neutral if alliance didn't attack and sink their refugee ship.

Individual cartels do whatever the fuck they want.

What's your ideal WoW, user?

I wish we had Vanilla with naxx and arenas, yet inexplicably with blood elves as a playable race. Draenei can be a race too I guess, but they have to be the ugly wc3 kind. Outlands can exist as a 55-60 zone.

I knew about the orb (though I honestly wonder how many "new" players do), but my question was whether I had to cross the entirety of Eversong and almost the entirety of Ghostlands on a slow ass ground mount. I forgot they handed out fps to everyone so it's not really an issue.

Doesn't really count all things considered. Just a dungeon most people hate with some shitty starter zone quests about taking it back and cleaning it with actually doing either of those.

I think it's fine. For one, it's one specific cartel, just like the only trolls with the Horde are Darkspear. We've had goblin and gnome engineering since forever, yet gnomes were aligned with the Alliance. Now we can have fun feuding engineer shit.

>Back in the early days all those exploration videos had me so hype for the future of the game.
same here.

>dat emerald dream map hidden away in the game files
It looked fucking amazing. And then they never did FUCKING ANYTHING with the Emerald Dream until now, and it's all corrupted by that nightmare that makes it look like absolute dogshit. And even now, 99% of segments where the player enters the ""Emerald Dream"" are just dreams of places on Azeroth, not the emerald dream proper, allowing them to use recycled assets like sections of Hyjal, or Grizzly Hills[/spoiler]

Actual, non-corrupt, emerald dream looks much like that secret map. It has those spiraling flower patches and everything. They kept a consistent artstyle for it all this time even though they literally never fucking used it in the playable part of the game, and it looks wonderful.. That one small section of the dreamway that druids teleport to is my favorite looking place in this entire expansion

>most people hate
Because they were shitters that can't play and get confused if offered more than 1 path.

It's the Gnome capital and it has elevators, Gnomes are core alliance.

Speaking of, my transponder is now a grey vendor item in my bank. Did they remove the teleporter or just the quest to use it?

Yeah I hate running it on new characters because everyone just wants to rush to Thermaplugg. Point still stands that it's not an actual city players can do city things in. All the elevators are rendered practically non-existent (unless you're rolling a gnome and you have to take the single elevator outside) what with being able to teleport directly to it

There are hostile human nations, sovereign kel'dorei spin offs and christ, Draenei share blood with Eredar.

Even the wildhammer clan of dwarves was only loosely tied to the alliance because of Ironforge, alliance members still had to gain rep.

There's one in Zangarmarsh which is pretty excruciating and it doesn't even make any sense. The platform just levitates with no allusion to any sort of mechanism or source of magic to keep it afloat. But then, there's that Horde place in Borean Tundra that has an elevator too, so you can't really complain as an Alliance player.

if you finish the raid you get a little bit of the emerald dream to explore, however, it's quite small

>WoW team is "bigger than ever"
>less zones
>less dungeons/raids
>less everything

There is ALWAYS going to be sects of people willing to ally with the factions of the horde and alliance, goblins were ALWAYS a huge possibility for the horde

there are SOO many goddamn factions and races in this game that listing the possibilities of them being playable would take so long I dont even want to do it.

As it stands now the most popular races people want are

Naga
Vry'kul especially after this expac.

I want Vry'kul for horde so bad just because it would even out the faction imbalance since the games release.
too many humans on the alliance.

It's about Ellisane

her fight mechanics involve her dying 3 times.

It's funny that humans are descendants of Vry'kul but Vry'kul have mannerisms much more in line with the Horde/Orcs.
I really fucking want Arrokoa, preferably the cursed ones. But heck, they could give Horde the cursed ones and Alliance non-cursed.

What's her endgame?

I would like hozen for hord, fish people for alliance

I want to ook em in the dooker

They probably meant maintenence crew, not dev team itself

>Playing broken ass weapon spec
>Buffed to shit in casual pvp
>Personal entourage of heal sluts slobbering all over your health bar
>Few other helpers giving you even more buffs but THEY BETTER KEEP OUT OF THE CAMERA I'M THE FOCUS HERE

Pathetic.

People liked the shit monkeys? They could've been somewhat interesting but they made them far too obnoxious.

Big Orc Cock

>I would like reskinned night elves for alliance
Ethereal/Arakkoa or die.

What happened to the etheral's

north plaguelands
cut content since if you fly there (you used to be able during vanilla to wall-hack-there) , you see the whole thing like it was cut drastically

Sauce?

>the most popular races people want are
>Naga
Naga would be great to play as, but how do you retcon them out of being an enemy of the NE and common fodder is Darkshore? Do they join the Horde?

I'm surprised they haven't been added yet either way: it's not like Blizz still give a shit about lore.

>Quit WoW shortly after the Argent Tournament bullshit
>Read about Cata later on
>All my favorite zones got fucked
>Can't even bring myself to think about Thousand Needles without getting profoundly sad

Probably just chilling in Outland. I feel like there might be some kind of weird bullshit lore reason for them being unable to leave without being in close proximity to nether energy or something.

I just want Blizz to finally bury the racial imbalances by offering alternate options for each race. Such as Mag'har orcs with Draenei racials or Highborne Nelves with Belf racials, ect.

> yfw the cata changes have been around for longer than the originals existed

I was thinking about this the other day. It'd be nice, considering how much shit FFXIV and WoW borrow from each other, if they revamped the character creation similar to XIV's. But
>implying that will ever happen

I've actually been there, there's really not a whole lot besides a High Elf tower and another building or something.

Back before Cata a group and I glitched into Scarlet Monestary and went past that.

Also got into the Twilight Highlands area before it were ever a thing. Invisible walls EVERYWHERE. This was years ago, when I was still learning to play, though.

Ogre for Horde and Something-Else for Alliance.

Arrakoa for Horde and Something-Else for Alliance. Or Arrakoa(both versions) as Neutral ala Pandas. Honestly, both versions of Arrakoa have everything to do with The Horde and almost nothing with the Alliance, from praising the Sun in their flight forms and being shadowy outcasts in their cursed forms.

>what is a shadow priest and warlock
user. You know, Alliance have those too.

4 stam 4 str

Woo woo

Did they ever do anything with those sealed off crypts near Karazhan?

I remember doing RP events there and looking around with friends and it blew my mind they'd have so much content deliberately inaccessible.

>start playing on Kronos
>get that drop while leveling
>oh boy oh boy oh boy
>30 silver on AH

Its just not the same.

its most likely stratholme and its harbor , cause remember stratholme in lore was quite an important city with its own harbor , i really hope one day they decide to do something with that area and actually put blood elves and draeneis zones into fucking azeroth with reworks done on them , seriously the lore of these two races zones is too damn old now , draeneis acting like they just crashed and blood elves still being loyal to kael'thas

they didn't really know what to do with the zone from the apparent dungeon portal in what looked to have been a dungeon. inside hyjal was another ony head dungeon entrance

no it wasnt, you either never been there or are embellishing. it was your standard fare vanilla textures and models. the only thing cool about it was being somewhere you're not supposed to. hell if you're so nostalgic just go in the hyjal raid, it is nearly identical to what hyjal was in vanilla

I don't think a dream expac was ever an option. More likely a dream patch that acted like Quel'Danas. A daily hub with a raid in it.

Yeah lots of classes get their artifacts from there.

same

now the zone looks like shit, hurrah. thanks green jews

>When even wall walking was something you could do for hours on end.

Now everything is data-mined, and there is no "mystery" to those unfinished zones anymore.

>havent glitched out of strath and gone around to the secret elf tower

>finally get legendary drop
>is Xavaric's Magnum Opus
>I'm a tank

Still good stats senpai.

the issue does not lay with data mining, ten years ago wow dev team was much smaller and unfocused so they had more fucking around and fuck ups. like leaving shit unfinished in game files.

now their dev team is huge and has a bunch of people to ensure they follow schedules and goals to keep them focused, there seems to be hardly any room for their devs to fuck around with world and story, unless they now do it in dev builds we never see

honestly
liking retail wow looks fun
i remember when i could like retail from wotlk backwards
it's not like everyone grew out of wow. it just went to shit with cata onwards.
we still want more of what made that old wow great but it's hard to quantify it exactly so we're left to playing on private servers.

>No matter what legendary I get they all would be shit
>Only actually strong one is fucking sao ring
Fucking paladins

I'm a blood DK. Mastery is by far our worst stat.

The gaming industry suffers heavily from incompetent lead developers at the top of the hierarchy, that constantly makes all other developers work on redundant fixes and adjustments, to further tune the game into his image and his philosophy of "what a good game is".

It comes down to bad information management, and not being able to properly tell or illustrate what you want to the software/graphic developers.

Think of it like this; nearly all changes/development, has to be greenlit/ordered by this one guy. The bigger the development team, the less time he has personally to put work into making sure things turn out the way he wants to turn out. Thus the bigger the dev, the more mistakes are made along the way, and the more time you have to put into fixing those mistakes.

Development methods like Scrum fix a lot these mistakes, but generally, a bigger dev gets nobody anywhere really. Yet it keeps happening, because the people who are spending the money making the game, don't know how games are made.

>DH tank from our guild fucks up his loot-settings and gets BiS havoc bracers
>he gets the BiS vengeance ring the very next day
>he considers rerolling back to his warrior because he sucks at DH

>Arrakoa become Neutral Faction like Pandaren
>Melee all are the uncursed model
>Spellcasters are all the cursed models

Sure but it's probably 45 item levels above your alternative. 45 Ilvls worth of stam should outdo the Mastery and don't underestimate a socket.

it must be confusing as fuck for new players going through the content for the first time

>alright our spaceship crashed and we joined the alliance, time to explore the world
>wait what's the cataclysm? why are all the quest givers talking about this?
>whatever I'll just level through this
>oh boy now I get to go to space!
>but there's two space worlds? and they're the same place but in different timelines? okay whatever
>wait a minute northrend? the lich king? all those plaguelands quest I did talked about how they just killed him!
>oh and now the cataclysm shit again okay cool guess it didn't affect northrend at all huh
>uhh panda land? isn't there more important stuff going on like that cataclysm? or the dudes from another timeline invading? or the demon invasion?
>garrosh hellscream? i thought thrall was the warchief. or wait was it the undead lady? or the troll dude?
>okay there's a potentially world-ending demon invasion happening but let's go back in time to fight orcs in space woo

what a clusterfuck

>try out WoD for a few months at the end of last year
>dungeons easy as fucking shit
>be lvl 100 without a full action bar of abilities i use
>horde garrison was comfy as fuck
>never wanted to leave after getting xmas decorations from event
>didn't have a reason to leave anyway

i don't mind the design choices aesthetically but gameplay they turned it to complete ass

i actually dont mind that each expansion continents are their own time capsule in a way , but come on blizzard its time to change the zones of those two races cause the lore changed totally since

is it too late to get into the wow meme?

go here and play this

So I just started reading The Last Guardian, always had a deep interest in Warcraft lore despite not playing any of the games much, I know the basics from a friend who is super interested and he keeps me kinda up to date and answers a lot of my questions.

Was just wondering, is LG the best place to start? I noticed it's #3 in a series of books?
Also, can I feasibly read from LG to the Arthas story arc?

Also, can anyone clarify for me how Arthas is a prince if Llane is king, then after him Varian, then Anduin yet none are related to Arthas?

Is it worth it to resub?
I played from wotlk to cata and then quit because I didn't like cata at all.
I always had the feeling that I kinda missed out the golden times and that the future expacs got way too casualized, but lately I'm really getting that itch again.

2 different kingdoms
arthas was a prince of lordareon which fell to the scourge

dont listen to this tard pointing you to private servers. wow is designed for any babby to get into it and play, you can start any time

>2 different kingdoms

I feel like a retard for not realising this until now, I think I just assumed that as they were both human places they wouldn't have a split monarchy.

Is Lordaeron basically Undercity now after the scourge?

Know any good books centred around that period for beginners?

sorry im actually trying to get them to play a good game

this is Cred Forums

Last guardian is the best of the 3 anyways.

Day of the dragon is just Knaak wanking over his mary sue Rhonin.

Lord of the Clans is muh interracial love and ebil white man (ofc written by a woman)

Last guardian has the best characters and its story is actually important for the lore. Also the warcraft movie was basically adapted from this.

Your point is?

Good to know, thanks user.
My friend said virtually the same thing, that as a beginner LG is what really matters to get into the lore.

Any recommendations on what to read next?

its the entirety of Stratholme

because no one fucking likes silvermoon or qual'thalas

wow was never good homo

nobody reads bitch fuck off

>2 different kingdoms

Well even that isn't entirely true. There's Gilneas too, a third and equally fucked kingdom.

>Know any good books centred around that period for beginners?
I'm currently reading Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. It's pretty fucking good, and it starts off nice and early.

You just read my post to reply ya fuckin moron.

So I'm guessing out of the three, Stormwind and (now Anduin) are the leaders of tha alliance?

I'll probably start reading that tonight, I don't know why but that's a portion of the lore I've always really been interested in, possibly because I played a bit of WoW in that expansion.

Is going from Last Guardian to that alright, or will I need any background knowledge?

STOP IT YOU SHILLS I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WOW AGAIN REALLY I DON'T REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Their reason for never updating the BC starting areas is because during cata, you still had to buy all the expacs and they weren't going to update BC content for Cata

If you know who Arthas and Jaina are, you're set.

:D

Oh, and yeah, despite being the first Kingdom fucked in the lore, Stormwind is the last standing human capital.

>bitch
whoa how did you get that backwards d?

>Know any good books centred around that period for beginners?

There arent really any book centred around the fall of Lordaeran and the scourge besides the Arthas book.

If you want some good books in general try the War of the Ancients trilogy and Day of the Dragon.

Never ever read the book about Malfurion its incredibly bad.

is that a bash quote reference

Thinking about it now, it also could have came from bash.

I remember Stormwind use to be like that. Whenever I was bored or waiting for something I'd jump around the edges of the city to get behind or underneath everything. Christ that was a long time ago.

If you look closely you'll notice that he's using Mortal Strike and Deathwish. How? Warriors had 52 talent points for a couple hours after the maintenance.

de bug is fixed
t. mmo-champ cuckbois

Laintime was the korean warrior

>sucks at DH

Literally HOW? I've never seen a more braindead class.

Also, I'm kinda surprised so many people jumped ship to DH this expansion. I get that it's the new toy and all but with how much you have to put into a class this time I'm just surprised so many people would drop mains for it.

have you killed xavius this week?

try bdk

Also priest was Takuu

What are some good vanilla servers?

Have you been milked this week? Your chest is pretty swollen.

Unfortunately, we're back to the stage of
>good
>vanilla server
for a while.

>9/16

Not for a while, then. You should take care of that pretty soon, I imagine the pressure is starting to hurt.

The Revantusk Tribe is a pretty cool one.

Stratholme was inland in Warcraft III, and even in its current state only a small portion of the unused area is Stratholme and not flat land or mountains. There does exist an elf tower on the coast. This picture demonstrates a peninsula was planned, along with islands perhaps stretching as far west as directly north of Tirisfal, where the text was specifically placed and placeholder gray land reaches. These northern islands have been shown in other early map concepts unlabeled and were often confused with the Broken Isles due to their similar location.

>get the sentinel MM belt
>doesn't even change my build or anything because sidewinder is just too fucking stronk

I'm kind of disappointed, but whatever, it's free damage

Shatterspear > Revantusk > Darkspear > Amani > Gurubashi > Farraki > Zandalari

Female tauren are the best girlfriends.
Prove me wrong.

Even better in Vanilla, when Windfury could proc off the free Windfury strike. So you could often get several free attacks, depending on your luck.
I remember getting three free hits out of it once.

Shit was when a group found a bug that allowed them to instantly murder everyone around them during cata.

Was funny as fuck watching the kids whine about it via the wow forums.

You're absolutely right. They're also the best wives and the best mothers.

Like good lord, look how far we've come. How did Metzen let both continents become giant rectangles?

game limitations.

Former top 20 world guild raider here. just come back after 3 years of not playing, want to get back into raiding again. literally how do I do that it's taking forever to get my class hall questline done and i'm struggling to get to 810 ilevel to do heroic dungeons, as i'm on a backwater server with some irl friends now and i'm fairly poor so can't spam BOEs for it

Just...do WQs and get your order set. Really fuckin' easy. Do it solo.

That's not fair. If things were reversed and they put up invisible walls now and yellow-taped in years past, we'd be criticizing them for low effort.

This is coming from someone who didn't buy WoD or Leg and will never spend money on a Blizzard game again thanks to their garbage development practices.

post the exact moment you got your legiondary

>wow now has d3 style loot

>born 1998

>see shit like this when playing rogue
>sneak right past him and go to town on his healers

97' reporting for duty

>need valarjar rep to get that qt sun val'kyr pet
>clearing WQs in Stormheim
>Epic Upgrade!
>meh, probably just to 835 or someth-
>mouse over it

it warforged 10 times

jesus christ

What's the best most fun ranged DPS? I hate being denied because I'm melee. Have every class to 100.

Man I usually berate the horrible cancer that are monster girls but that Ogress is getting to me.

I could forgive jintha'alor but how the fuck can you not recognize noggenfogger and the zf mallet? No way you played in vanilla

You would get banned in Vanilla if you went to Hijal and promoted it.

>PvP leggos
Hah!

Shadow Priest, without a doubt.

"now, i dont know much about programming, but..."

Are you me, user?

No seriously. Exact same legendary, exact same spot, exact same class and spec.

I was in a standard Mythic dungeon today where a guy got an 895 titanforged drop. 11 upgrades. I'm pretty sure they can't get any higher.

Time for some of that shit human lore mates
>inb4 >humans >lore

after the the first king of humans Thoradin (the guy whose sword we pull out of a squid monster in legion for the arms artifact) died the human kingdom of Arathor split into 6 with a 7th one (stormwind) being formed by Thoradins descendants after they decided the other 6 were shit
pic related

Lordaeron was named after general Lordain who died along with 500 of his men fighting a giant troll army in order to buy time for a tactical retreat

Stromgarde was named after the capital of the first human kingdom Strom

Kul tiras is was named after the fortress built on its main island, the fortress later expanded into the city Boralus

Gilneas, Dalaran and Alterac were all also castles that later turned into city states and then into kingdoms

this all happened around 1500 years before the dark portal opened

and stormwind was named after the windy storms that beset people trying to get to the fertile lands south of khaz modan

Femtroll is best, eat shit steak fucker

Didn't try too hard to find out about it did you?
Here's a 1M view video on the zone.

youtube.com/watch?v=c5G_aoEcwK4

Man I am enjoying legion but talking about these old zones makes me really want a legacy server.

They're gonna announce it at blizzcob this year, right?

after wc2

Lordaeron fell to the scourge with only southshore surviving (until sylvanas destroyed that too), its now controled by the forsaken and the argent crusaders that are cleansing the scourge

Alterac was destroyed by ogres, unead and other humans

Dalaran was destroyed by Archimonde in the most badass warcraft cinematic ever, it was later rebuilt and flew away

Gilneas still exists but its still being fought over by the alliance and the horde, it was badly damaged by a worgen attack that gave most of the gilneans the druid curse

Kul Tiras has not made an appearance since the wc2 expansion

Stromgarde is probably the most fucked, literally everyone related to it is dead, except for Thoras Trollbane who is a death knight
Danath was stuck in outland for a while and after 9 years he finally returned only to die like 2 seconds later

Stormwind is the only unfucked kingdom (for now)

If legion is a succes do you really think they would?
I never played the game pre MoP so my opinion is scewed
Would they do it just to be renowned as one of the most based companies ever, having made legadcy servers but ALSO a good modern expansion?

That's not impossible, blizzard did have a policy regarding unreleased content.

>shitty clickbait title
>obnoxious cunt shouts about something that's been explained 9 years ago
Disgusting

>They will do it in the next expansion.
No the wont.

Raid when?
a
i
d

w
h
e
n
?

Don't get your hopes up because you know it won't be like anything you imagined it to be.

>Kill Xavius
>ooh this is pretty
>start to explore
>find a dreamway portal
>ooh this might take me somewhere cool
>get teleported outside the raid instance
o-ok

IIRC they said they lost their old coding and framework for vanilla. Making legacy servers would mean having to remake most of it, and that would he a huge effort that would be met with vitriol no matter what because no matter how close they get to the old vanilla, autists would still get pissy that "it's not the same".

Also, they kinda had a point with the whole "you think you do but you don't" thing. It's a shit thing to say to your customers but chances are legacy servers really wouldn't be that active, especially since they would need an active sub (you're an idiot if you seriously think they wouldn't require a sub to play it). A lot of people only played Nost because it was free.

What happened to Stromgarde?
I only remember the pre Cata version with the Syndicate, some Ogres but still a sizeable Human presence in part of it.

Remember glitching through ironforge and everyone being fucking mad hype for all the hidden shit?

>nobody hangs out in Ironforge anymore

Stormwind sucks.

>the airstrip was actually implemented for cata questing for new dwarf players
>the quest has been bugged since cata and STILL can't be completed so you never actually get to do anything with the airstrip

IF needs a revamp in the worst way. I know they didn't want to make the city too complicated to get around but if Org is allowed to be a retarded navigational mess, we can have upper and lower rungs in IF with some bridges spanning the middle.

Gilneas doesn't exist anymore. It's been plagued and only undead can live there now.

Galen died, became undead and proceeded to drive it into the ground
The ebon blade in legion come to take his fathers corpse, turns out galen was the one who murdered him
is it though?
IIRC the plague was stopped from spreading using the stolen firebat

and then theres the battleground which takes place right next to the wall

heres Tbon, after getting raised as a DK

I can't see Vrykul making it in owing to the simply ridiculous difference in size there would have to be between playable Vrykul and the ones we already know

Ogres, maybe. I could see a similar problem but Ogres seem a lot more varied and maybe this'd be a clan who joined the horde so the other ogres wouldn't wipe them out?

I myself just want the Klaxxi to be playable

The battleground happens before they send the blight iirc.
>muh time shenanigans
There's some ud quests where you go back there and find nothing but worgen corpses. Blizz tweets confirmed it's abandoned by both factions (though the forsaken were holding it last) but I think they've been deleted.

easy solution to size issue:
old god expansion
the curse of flesh is returning, more midget vrykul are born ( these ones around the same size as tauren)
then for some asspull reason they join the alliance
and horde finally get ogres

>abadoning fresh living space

Holy shit are you serious? Blizz said that the forsaken just abandon gilneas?

NORTHERON
wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Northeron

They've been pushed out (probably by the bloodfang), likely wasn't taken back because of the plague, but this is the only source I have for it:
>eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9952095129?page=1#post-20
>Abandoned. Per @DaveKosak "The Forsaken were holding it, but then were pushed out. The plague still remained, though."

blizz abandoned gilneas
just like they abandoned tauren lore, kul tiras, neptulon, azjol nerub, faralohn, the emerald dream, etc.

I would imagine that CoT: Hyjal was one of those pieces of content that they did some half-assed work on pre-release and then shelved until BC, just like Hellfire Peninsula and Karazhan.

Etheral's are in every major city as void storage and transmog.

GUYS WHEN IS NOST COMING BACK?

Playing as buggos would be fucking amazing. I wouldn't even care if Blizzard just asspulled some new bug race to throw in that looked better in armor - I'd roll one immediately.

Never ever.
The french fucks just rolled over and let it happen.

Pretty much. Sylvanas' whole deal is that while she does terrible things, they're done for the sake of her people. That's why I put her above Jaina "the Horde helped take out the asshole who blew up my city but I'm still going to hate them all for it anyway" Proudmoore and Genn "we're all going to get fucked by demons but I'm going to jeopardize our chances against them by starting shit with the Horde anyway" Greymane.

>She does so for the sake of her people.

No she doesn't. All the way to Warth her and the forsaken have done everything they can to make sure no one else becomes undead. Then Sylvanas died and saw that because she is such a shitty person that she would go to warcraft hell. She got rezed and went "OH FUCK! I DON'T WANT TO GO TO HELL!" and is now on a never ending quest for imortality so she never has to face her consiquences for being the cunt she is.

>implying Horde can do anything against the Legion

Metzen asspull "lore" aside, horde are a bunch of green niggers that had to rely on mercs for transportation until they joined them. Trolls nuked themselves into the stone age, tauren are absolutely irrelevant while goblins and orcs are kek tier. While the Alliance possesses the strongest spellcasters, thousands of years of ancient lore that actually does explain shit they have to deal with and has a good history of dealing with personal fuckups without having to rely on others rounding them up into camps and feeding their green asses.

This

It always breaks my lore immersion to see horde take down raid bosses. I wouldn't change anything bc game play but lore wise there's no reason those dindus should be that powerful

so, humans with longer beards? humans are descendants of vrykul to begin with

From a lore stand point we know that if the horde never existed the humans would never stop fighting one and another and just end up killing each other. Humans also got rekt by nelf constantly because "MUH FOREST".

And from a gameplay standpoint. Most world first boss kills comes from the horde side. meanig better players compared to alliance.

> EU raids have been out for 6 hours

> amerifats already caught up with and surpassed

JUST

Fucking ruskies

>Humans also got rekt by nelf constantly because "MUH FOREST".
Nigga the humans didn't even make contact with nelves until they set foot on Kalimdor.

>what is high elves

>Pause

People who don't give a crap about the forest at all?

Forest dindu nuffin that tree was a good humpin tree

They don't care to the extent that Nelfs do, but elves was always really xenophobic of the other races and it wasn't until Arthas started to cuck the shit out of Silvermoon the high elves/Blood elves started to ask for the humans to help them.

The forests was always really bad to run around in because either you had some huntress scout hiding somewhere or a ranger in a tree top that would just outright snipe you.

I want Queen Azshara to step on me

No you retard. Elves have always been haughty and whatnot but they were in the Alliance way before that. They're the ones who taught humans magic for saving their asses against the orcs.

>orcs
Trolls*
The Arathi Wars, mate

>For saving their asses against the Orcs
You mean for helping fight the Trolls, right?

Yeah, brainfart on my end.

That NE pout makes me diamonds.

They didn't have an alliance though?

Remember from the wacraft campaign that you had a mission with night elfs where you killed both humans and orcs because both Tyranda and Cenarius went "MUH FOREST"

High elves not night elves you absolute retard. Former live in Quel'Thalas and have been allied with humans for ages, latter have literally never encountered humans before.

my point still stands though. Humans would never exist at this point if the horde never existed. Mostly because they would never have united all the human kingdoms together to push back against them.

That's fucking retarded. Did you know that actual humans who live on Earth have been warring since the beginning of time and have never been more numerous? Almost as if territorial wars aren't that big a deal.

Vurtne

calm down alliance kiddo. no need to act all edgy with lore discussion.