How is your indie game going Cred Forums?

How is your indie game going Cred Forums?

>anime girl protagonist
trash

Haven't you fucking learned from Super Mario 3D Land/World that no one fucking likes 3D platformers with fixed cameras?

Its for mobile though! No bully!!
I wanted to make a 3D land style game for mobile devices and having an auto controlled/rotated camera by triggers helps so the player is able to focus on the touch controls.

Everyone will love a cute block waifu.

no

>having literal autism
>developing a fucking mobile game
I regret not sageing my first reply.

I'm making an indie game of course I have autism user.

Another "minecraft", "roblocks" inspired graphics game? Fuck off.

Clearly inspired by super mario 3d land.

make the option to play as a cute boy

You fucking wish you had the talent to make models half as good as Nintendo ones, even on their shitty 240p portable system.

A cute GIRL must be the focus desu. Lewds will get made etc.

>Copying 3D World

>not making both
>That way you already got two character primed for lewding

The models are made for mobile, which couldn't handle what nintendo made on a 3DS of course they are more simple.

>actually trying to argue that the 3DS is more powerful than a mobile device
>doing this to excuse lazy and shitty models
why do you even bother living?

Cute boi when

i will play this shit day one given that it is free to play

When I finish the game and decide to add two player co-op.

can you make an option to switch models in single-player?

Any idea where to find buddies to make games with? Or do I have to grind it out all by myself?

>dude actually makes a game
>people shit on him
is Cred Forums the greatest gaming message board on the internet?

You don't start these threads with a pic of your own shit. Delete this.

>Its for mobile though!
WHY

Local gamejams and other community events.

they're just jaded because Notch

so what does the power-up do besides giving your character bunny ears?

gamejams eh?

OK. Cool. I am 33 year old, will people accept me in the game jam?

Makes her jump higher than ever, since the controls on mobile are just move and jump.

il remake it with new moves/controls/better visuals for PC market after mobile. I really want to try and make a good 3D platformer for mobile is all.

Start making games alone, finding good devs to work with is hard and you need to be able to at least dev on your own a bit.

answer the important question
BOY
IN
SINGLE
PLAYER

>Its for mobile though!

Well shit, OP, you almost had me sold.

Oh, I am a web devloper with almost 6 years professional experience. I've dabbled with various game thingies but never made a full game.

>Its for mobile though!
I was actually interested until now.

Do a PC release, user.

>he thinks sage still does anything

Anyway, gamejames sound tiring. Working 48 hours on a game, what the hell? Don't you people have lives?

How about a gamejam where you make a game in 48 days

I refuse. Waifu comes first.

Where do you think you are?

You literally could just shorten the hair on the model and call it a day

So OP, tell me more about the gamejams. What gamejams have you participated in?

How hard is it to make something like this?

Are you using opengl or unity?

Some people's lives may include occasional game jams where they get to sozialize with other devs

No possible.

You couldn't make this female figure a boyo.

stop being a lazy faggot and make a boy already

>opengl or unity

How do you make a mobile game on Unity without using OpenGL?

Make your own game that suits your homosexual tastes my friend.

Why is her head and arms separate from the rest of her body

Like if you're doing Rayman then go full Rayman but if you're not it feels odd

OK, I can see i am going to have to join a game jam. But if it doesn't work out good I'm going to come back to this forum and complain about it.

i dunno. im a noob

She is a cheer leader with pom poms.

>The person making a waifu-bait platformer thinks they have the moral highground

>the person who is making a waifu-bait platformer is tending to their own tastes for waifu's instead of bitching to someone else to make a game that panders to them.

>tending to your own tastes
>not pandering to an audience

My indiegame's going fine.
I call it blockade.
Its about a yung cube's adventure to fight his enemies with love and tollerance.
Im doungba patreon amd kickstarter and and steam greenlight, it will soon be released as early access full price.

Isn't it original?

wow, you actually fell for that shitty meme? How old are you? 8?

It's not even that hard family

Link?

I want to get started on one, so I'm gonna hash out the details for the design document soon

The barest details I have (that I'm willing to share) right now are a story-based top-down shooter. That seems like a simple enough game for a beginner

>nodevs

that sound like exactly the same game I want to make!

Joke's on you faggots, it's my game now.

But 3D World is great.
Nobody liked Land because 80% of the actual game itself fucking sucks.

progress before bed. Night famalam.

night family

Good luck with your games!

HOW DO I RESOLVE (not detect) A COLLISION BETWEEN TWO BOUNDING BOXES

EVERY SINGLE TUTORIAL EXPLAINS HOW TO DETECT COLLISION AND THAT'S THE EASY PART

Why Konata from Lucky Star is main character?

you'll need to fix that it needs a jump about that "edge"

>Haven't you fucking learned from Super Mario 3D Land/World that no one fucking likes 3D platformers with fixed cameras?
but just two threads ago you were screaming for more Crash Bandicoot?..

but that's rika. every voice sample will be "nipaa!"

>it's another """"""3D"""""" platformer

Doesn't that pretty much depend on what engine you are using? For Unity's built in ontriggerenter you just use tags and such to decide what to do for each case. With Gamemaker you use an object name, often a parent object for a more complicated game so you dont have to go through so many separate objects. With the former example in Unity you already have references to both the objects of the collision. In gamemaker, you can assign an object temporarily to a variable. I believe things can get pretty messy with these built in functions, like what happens if you hit multiple objects on the same frame? There is a library already made by someone in Gamemaker that returns ALL colliding objects as an array instead of just one object (you could make it yourself, they just deactivate each colliding object they have added to the array then reactivate them when there are none left, but you might as well use the already made library). After all that since you are basically using tags (or object names as tags), you can use a different tag for something more complicated such as a ramp if you would like. If you are using raycasts it is different than all of this of course.

I find that the little shit can really fuck you over regardless, I have had so much trouble getting things just right in game dev.

jej