What the fuck happened with atelier games?

What the fuck happened with atelier games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KfZhFpRPauA
youtube.com/watch?v=jun607JBEFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They went extreme waifu mode. Yes, even moreso than the Iris series.

Waddaya mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=KfZhFpRPauA
youtube.com/watch?v=jun607JBEFw

Still not quite getting it. That's how they've been for the past 8 years.

Werent they getting sequels every year or so?
It even got an anime, multiple ports to different systems etc.

Basically I think of it as the Japanese version of Assassins Creed.

You've lost me. Is this some kind of elaborate shill thread?

The games were better before the time mechanics. IT felt like you could just explore the world, collect things, craft things. Now, every trip outside of the Atelier feels like a punishment if its not focused on the goal.

I feel ya man. I'm liking Sophie, no time mechanics (apart from making sure you turn in requests on time, of course). I feel like I have a lot more freedom to try out different recipes or grind or explore or do whatever. I also like the new alchemy system, where you try and fit everything into your cauldron. It's a lot more engaging than just picking your items from a menu and leaving it at that, and it also lets you make items with different abilities depending on how you stack everything.

They should just make one open world game. Just one.

I dunno man, Atelier games aren't exactly known for their environments you know? I'm not entirely sure it would work well. i mean, it could potentially be comfy as fuck if by some miracle it worked but I honestly doubt GUST could pull it off.

I got really fucking bored with Dusk. 3D models just made all the events feel so slow and wooden.

Haven't even played Sophie yet, or bothered doing Lotte's path in Shallie.

I'm just starting atlier games after getting them on psn flash sale and I really don't like time crunching aspects of games. I dropped MM for it but everything else about Atelier feels so comfy and dream-like though.

I basically only have 20 minutes in arland and aside from the time limit it feels like a pretty cool game, I hope this isn't a subtle waifu bait game tho

>try Rorona
>first assignment
>wasn't so bad, kinda hectic but got most of the requests and optional objectives
>second assignment
>more shit to keep track of and remember

this is overwhelming as fuck

Thanks to faggots like you the Atelier series will never be good again. Kill yourselves.

Sophie already was uninspired and boring, so I never finished it
New game looks like neptunia clone

Arland has waifus, but it's easy to ignore since it's a lot more comedy driven.
When you get used to the games, you'll realize that the time limit is actually super lenient. For the Dusk games, there's not much point resetting if you waste a few days, because you have to be pretty incompetent not to get most/all the possible scenes on your first play. E&L gives you months of free time at some points, you'll find yourself synthing a lot random shit you'll never need just to pass the days.

Firis is super cute.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MY NIGGAH OSCAR?

They get better with each new instalment.

>Iris
>waifu

???

He gets /fit/