You’re in the club and this guy slaps your girlfriend’s ass, what do you do?

You’re in the club and this guy slaps your girlfriend’s ass, what do you do?

Terraria thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ydX8dISSwqc
youtube.com/watch?v=93fxc8SCF3g
youtube.com/watch?v=U1HpkvoMXnw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd grav potion out of there. That bitch aint worth being slapped by Mr. spikey rolling skull.

Also, how's the new patch so far?

Terraria 2 when

It just makes deserts slightly more tedious

Piss on him with Golden Shower while my eye bros fuck him up.
Not even relatively soon, but I hope Underworld will turn out well. It certainly looks better lately than it used to.

New armor looks cool, but it's basically a sidegrade to spider armor, not an upgrade.
Deserts are VERY dangerous pre-hardmode now, if you just started the game and managed to be in the desert biome during sandstorm, you're fucked.

That game was magically more fun than other "inspired by minecraft" bullshit, including minecraft itself.

Last time I played we only have meatwall, flying eye, worm and giant skeleton bosses. How's the update going?

Dude, you've only played like 25% of the game at that point, there's whole biomes like underground jungle, temple, pyramid, hallow, and like 10 more bosses to fight

Is that the 3DS version? Why would anyone do this to themselves?

They added a lot of stuff since then. Multiple new events, old ones revamped, about half a dozen new bosses.

>Last time I played we only have meatwall, flying eye, worm and giant skeleton bosses
I assume the last time you played was around 1.0. The game has like 5000% more content, including new ores, materials, biomes, npcs, events and bosses. Also a final boss, but you can probably figure out what it is.

Get my Last Prism and rainbow the shit outta him.

>kill Moonlord 10 times
>get every single drop but Prism

Did he walk into the club with his hand on her ass?

>farm king slime 10 times
>10 ninja shirts

i dont play this game very constantly, but when i get the itch, i go 12-9 hour runs daily for about a week or two

this happens twice a year

anyone else do this? the game is so fucking addicting when youre down to play it, i literally have to put out sticky notes on my desktop to remind me of drinking water because it gets so fucking bad

get seriously freaked out,run away and wonder what the fuck was in my drink

is there a point to removing corruption/crimson from my world?
also is it possible to get rid of hallowed and is there a point to it?
oh and what am i supposed to do now that i'm in hardmode, apart from obviously getting better armor from those hardmode ores?

full spectre with ufo mount and laser minigun on his ass

>is there a point to removing corruption/crimson from my world?
No, but you can lock them via tunnels so they don't overtake other biomes.
>also is it possible to get rid of hallowed and is there a point to it?
Yes, no.
>oh and what am i supposed to do now that i'm in hardmode, apart from obviously getting better armor from those hardmode ores?
Get wings ASAP.

Im playing right now

is there a point of locking them out from other biomes then?
what do i need wings for exactly? i think i have quite a few of those harpy feathers which can prolly be made into wings

>meatwall
>1.0
wall of flesh was added in 1.1 when they introduced hardmode

Tell him to git gud.

ignore him, wait a bit before you make wings, spectre boots or lightning boots (upgrade from rocket boots) are more than sufficient

not all wings are the same even though the seem like they made many different sprites just for cosmetics, they actually fly differently

There is no story persay but it's implied your suppose to be making the world complete purity. Free frim Hallow, Corruption or Crimson. Otherworld is going to be making it a full blown story with the Corruption ir Crimson consuming the whole world and you sliwly cleanse it with ruinstones. It sounds cool assuming thise lazy dickheads get to releasing it anytime soon...not Re-logic mind you the other piece of shit company in charge of Otherworld.

mmkay. i wonder if i made a mistake going into hardmode without any info what it's all about.the cleansing powder seems to be an extremely slow way to cleanse world of crimson/corruption

You'll get the clentaminator during mid hardmode when you take down your first mechanical boss. But better save up o n cash because the gun itself and ammo is expensive as fuck.

Oh god how I miss terraria
Starbound sucked so much ass I just want to forget it even exists

well, i have saved up some during the game, rarely even buy anything. currently i have at least 1 platinum coin saved up.
thanks for the info and headsup though

>Starbound sucks so much ass
That's an understatement. You know just for shits and giggles I hope red and all of Re-logic bases Terraria 2 in space to piss in the face of Tiy and chucklefuck.

still a better game than 3d starbound

Got into Hardmode on a new character a few days ago and had my first run in with a Sand Elemental, what an encounter, barely managed to take her out with 15 health left.

On a fun side not, already got the Basilisk mount from killing things in the Underground Desert.

>decide to give Starbound another go a week ago
>Chucklefucks promised unique start for each race
>in final version all races start the same, on Earth
>burn out after exploring 4 planets
Impressive, really.

you should have seen me in my first try on wall of flesh. died but my last 1 or 2 projectiles hit him after i died and took him out. that was pretty lucky but the boss was pretty hard without preparation

>le terraria is good meme
fucking stop
early game is cancerous mindless ore grind, everything after WoF is just retardedly unbalanced

the only good part is what's in between

Best way to deal with him generally is to build a pathway the full length of Hell, it may take some time, but in the end you don't have to worry about damage from things like lava, and while enemies can spawn atop your path(like lava slimes), by that point you should be able to deal with them relatively easily.

Another tip? Fishing. Trust me.

Why can't people say its a good game?
Your taste is definitive for all people, right?

Fuck off

name a better game in that style
>inb4 le shittier game is better meme

yeah i don't need help anymore, already killed him on my first try like i said.
also i've been grinding fishing cause i want to get that pesky PDA

Fuck I won't be home for like 8 hours, Cred Forums server will be dead by then

there isn't, terraria is "the best" in the same sense someone winning a gold medal in the special olympics is "the best", at the end of the day you're just the best retard out there

>getting the fish pickaxe that allows you to skip half the game, including the best parts of it (corruption to hell)
why

>implying special olympics is only for "retards"
jesus christ, how does idiots like you exist?

>taking analogies literally
Why do autists like you exist?

>Pink ghost is literally a direct rip off from the Spelunky Ghost, down the animation and behaviour.

I still feel baffled how the community was excited for that particular update.

>Comes into a thread about a game he doesn't like just to spew vitriol
>Gets mad when someone points out his moronic screeches don't make sense
kys

Fuck moonlord all wanted was meowmere and instead I got 2 chests full of portal guns .

>Last 2 playthroughs
>Do +50 fishing quests
>Never get all the things I need for the PDA

They really need to fix fishing. I get that RNG is pretty pervasive in Terraria, but having to do a little fetch quest that can only be done once every 24 minutes to roll the dice for a 2% chance to get a specific item is fucking ridiculous... and then needing THREE of those items.

Most of the items that contribute to the PDA have a 1-2% drop from killing an enemy, which takes a few seconds. The irony being that, once you've got your PDA, you'll probably never need that fishing info again.

>i don't understand, must not make sense
>le ebin "kys" meme, haha i totally showed him
you shouldn't be blaming other people for your retardation

Well it's completely optional. Most new players don't even know about how game-breaking the Reaver Shark is until it's past the point of relevance.

Use TShock and drop one for yourself, or TEdit one into a chest. Ain't got time to grind, got time to cheat.
Do what drops that item about 10-20 times, and if it doesn't drop, just add it.

>Check out the differences in expert mode
>See that bosses drop Treasure Bags
>"Oh good, so it's like a bag that has all their drops so you don't have to pointlessly grind for the shit you want, right?"

Oh boy a Terraria thread. How does a magic build with wings take on the Destroyer? I have a platform bridge where he can't hurt me but I can't kill him before the sun rises even with shower and magic ball buff.

get better weapons
try that new upgraded magic missile

Get the upgraded Venom staff or whatever

Medusa's Head worked great for me. Hurts pretty much every segment and floating ball on screen for decent damage every time it attacks.

mech bosses are immune to poison

If only.

last time I played terraria it was when it was still using FFV sprites, before launch. I got a pre-launch review copy on steam, but it got revoked after I gave the game a shit review because I shittalked blue, and I haven't bothered since.

I wasn't really salty, just not interested in paying in the game for the little content it had, it seems like it has a lot of content now though, is it worth a tenner?

Venom Staff is made with Chlorophyte.
You'd have to use the un-upgraded version, the Poison Staff (Although I think it still does good damage on him, since it pierces multiple segments and fires multiple projectiles).

Last time I played was before Crimson stuff got added
Should I aim for a world with crimson instead of corruption if I want to get into the game again or is it worse

I haven't played in a while but the money you made pre hardmode is almost nothing compared to what you'll make now. Also you're probably gonna want to spend a bit of time on the wiki to see all the different stuff you can make with element orbs or whatever they're called.

Reminder that if you dont play expert from the start you are not playing this game correctly

Need 100 worm scarfs

Sure, if you've seen the Corruption and Eater of Worlds, go for Crimson. Personally I find Corruption more fun, but it'd be better to see both.

I'd say it's gotten a lot better, they've added quite a bit.

There's a lot more content. Add air quotes as needed if you're feeling dismissive of the game, I guess. Drop $10 on it, or just wait until it goes on sale like it does every other week.

have you ever thought of not entering threads about games that does not interest you?

It's a sidegrade to adamantite, same as Frost Armour, to which it is basically a counterpart.

It's my comfort game. I'll pick it up for a new run every three or four months, or when I'm depressed.

I get fucked because it's daytime and Skeletron Prime outright murders everyone if he's not dead before daytime.

>early game is cancerous mindless ore grind
Most of which can be skipped very easily by fishing or being good at combat. Before Expert Mode, just going straight to the Eater of Worlds to jump straight to Shadowscale was somewhat common. This is an example of one of the game's strengths - alternative progression paths.

>everything after WoF is just retardedly unbalanced
In what way? Your armour and weapons always manage to keep pace with what the game throws at you, and vice versa.

This, the game isnt that hard if you keep up with gear unless you are playing fresh expert. God the robot worm is a rape machine if you dont cheese.

>game-breaking
>skips half the game
It skips a quarter of the game, if that. What? Copper to platinum is basically a single tier with different speeds, then there's demonite, then hellstone.

And being able to go down to the underworld early doesn't necessarily mean you've skipped all the content that you typically do before it, since you won't have a cobalt shield, you won't have a vine whip, you won't have a night's edge, you won't have a shadow key, and if you're going for a ranger run you've missed out on the phoenix blaster and the necro armour and if you're going for mage or summoner runs you've missed out on bee and jungle... the bee is especially tragic since you get a lot of really good equipment from the Queen Bee.

People seriously overestimate the Reaver Shark. Literally its only purpose, realistically speaking, is getting you a pick with a mining speed that doesn't make you want to kill yourself early one. So it skips a couple gates, you're still gonna go back and go to those areas anyway before hardmode.

The real showstealers are the crates, which essentially let you fish up hardmode ores before you actually hit hardmode, although really again, same as the reaver shark, that's more of a grindskipper than a real progression-breaker, and it furthermore comes at the expense of having to spend a lot of materials on potions and a LOT of time fishing to get any significant amount that you can actually do anything with.

Just trade for it. That's what I do. Someone's always got a spare.

Which blocks do I use for a really stylishass house?

I just kept using gray bricks and it made everything look like a dungeon.

MAGIC
HARP

This is the progression you should take for mech bosses:

Skeletron Prime (easiest)
Twins (make an asphalt bridge with little huts so that you can outrun Spazmatism and hide from Retinazer's lasers)
Destroyer (use souls of sight to make harp)

if that is then im more than happy I bought it on vita Superior handheld port? I think so

>the robot worm
Joke's on you, I do fishing runs every single expert run. Don't smash an altar, no random mech bosses, have time to prepare everything until I'm confident I can do it first try.

>Spend time grinding to avoid grinding
I mean, exploring early game caves in order to get mats isnt that bad, especially if you go for multiplayer

>Especially if you go for multiplayer
But that makes it worse since you're gonna have to share all the materials you find which makes it take longer to make anything useful

What's the best armor now? I quit a few years back. I think there was something better than Hallowed, but I can't remember it.

Yes but exploring with friends is exponentially more fun while you only need a multiple of the required mats. If you do the math you can see how much of a net gain it is.

That turd ghost was actually ripped off of something? Huh, well it is from the work of the sack of shit that stole FF sprites and got Re-logic into some deep shit so colour me surprised. If it werent for cute florans I would have forgotten this garbage existed.

Anyone else think hardmode bosses are a massive pain?

Maybe you have better friends than me. Everyone I play with can't keep to any kind of schedule, will go days and weeks before being available to play again, only spends like one or two hours, then drops the game halfway.

Playing on any kind of server immediately becomes a clusterfuck if it goes 4+ players, which every single server around here does. Furthermore, playing with others has the tendency of either adhering to your progression pace or theirs, in which case the slow one that wants to set up farms and builds will feel like shit for holding back the guy that wants to rush the bosses as soon as possible.

Maybe if Terraria had bigger worlds with enough room for everyone to progress separately and region-specific hardmodes then it wouldn't be so bad.

Best armor now is luminite armor. Second best is endgame1.2 (Turtle shell, Shroomite snd Spectre)

Not particularly, at least not if you have some kind of game plan.

Even Duke Fishron in Expert is doable in early hardmode before you get any decent armour if you have a Shield of Cthulhu.

You're hanging out at the club with your gf when Pancake shows up and half-grabs your gf's ass. "HELP ME, TJ ""HENRY"" YOSHI!" your gf screams! What do you do?

Maybe the only thing i'd give to starbound over terraria was multiple in-game worlds.

You should be submerged in water so all enemies head towards you

Its a counterpart to the Frost Armor intoduced in 1.2, where Frost is both melee/ranged and Forbidden is both magic/summon

>turtle shell
Turtle was only endgame for like a month before Beetle came out. It has been, for the longest time, merely a sidegrade to Chlorophyte, and only useful in Multiplayer at that.

Beetle is objectively better than Solar in nearly every regard, although it does lack built-in dashing but you're not likely to miss that too terribly.

Don't get me wrong, I can take one or two of the metal bosses but they wreck my shit every time.

>Also, how's the new patch so far?
What

An ass-grab is an ass-grab, you can't say it's only half.

>Strongest Sword needs you to collect all the other strong iconic weapons to forge
>Strongest bow and gun are just dropped by the boss

Well, you do technically still have that in Terraria. The game is built around visiting multiple worlds if you want to collect everything. Red even said it's encouraged. It's just that there's no in-world mechanic for switching worlds like in Starbound is all. Funny though I think Starbound actually takes longer to switch worlds than Terraria does.

Nebula Blaze for damage, Bat Scepter for healing my dude

Meowmere > Terra Blade.
Futa Blowjobs > everything else.

Are you talking about the Terra blade? Because you need to farm the Solar eclipse multiplw times to get three broken swords to make it. So technically it's a boss drop craftable. The nights edge is something everybody would have anyway.

Are any of the new weapons added in 1.3.3 good at all?

Sure, all three of them are good early-mid hardmode weapons.

Onyx blaster and skybreaker. Ones a mid endgame shotgun and the other is a magic missile esque weapon that shoots a barrage of swords.

>kill the golem at least 10 times
>no picksaw

>he entered the club grabbing your gf's ass

Golden Shower in Crimson for constant piercing damage, massive damage if you can arc it.
Meteor Staff for huge damage but stack up on mana potions cause it drains quickly

I'm not a huge fan of "Players can fly, so every boss needs to phase through walls, fill the air with projectiles, and despawn if the player gets to a safe space." Building utilitarian boss arenas that often only work for one boss is rarely fun.

They seem to design bosses with that in mind; Player's COULD have a Shrimpy Truffle, or an asphalt skybridge, or vampire knives, or whatever, so we need to design bosses with specific abilities and despawn triggers to counter all of those things.

Well in our last server we spent the early game splitting up tasks, i built the housing while the others gathered, usually teaming up for bosses or the dungeon. After wof one of the gatherers became the farm and wiring engineer while i kept building shit. If someones missing we farm up gear to have everyone catch up. It helps if you have some kind of community hub like ts or discord.

>what is a piercing weapon

>Kill the golem total of 15 times for eye
>get 3 picksaws
>7 styngers
>2 sunstones
>1 Staff of earth
>2 golem fists

Don't forget the Spirit Flame. I find it a little funny that magic got two new weapons instead of giving Summoner a new minion.

I personally believe if you're playing multi the bags should drop regardless if you're expert or not, just take out the expert drops if it bugs the devs. Everyone getting their own drops from a boss would help a lot rather than the person or host with best connection to the server getting the drops all the time Which is usually me, before you try a deflection

Still a pain the ass because the flying testicles have a ton of life and chase you down. Also if you get hit by the mandible its like 250 damage.

nah that was changed in 1.3
now they all just drop from the final boss

It's a shotgun that also fires an explosive.

Being a summoner is suffering. Pays off in the end, but I feel like it's a harder journey than any other class. Glad I picked it for my first run.

Get the nimbus staff, set up both clouds before the fight, use the meteor staff+mana flower to simply destroy him outright. Just make sure you have a buncha potions.

I treat Summoner like the designated Hybrid class, so I just use any weapon I like with the minions helping out.

What's your strategy at the beginning of hard mode? I normally grind snow biome for Amarok and then farm for souls and kill hallow mimics for Daedalus Stormbow and those weapons normally carry me until like pre-plantera.

the probes dntt have much hp and drop hearts on death for passive healing, taking them out gives that much survivability, and you can see the Destroyer head icon on the minimal to avoid the mandible damage if you need

Well of coyrse it's hard becayse your leaving all your damage to stupid minions instead of doing it yourself. Mages are god tier class that can and will fuck up anything. Razorpine combined with golden shower combined with razorblade typhoon is rip and tear mode.

why his nose bleeding?
cant cut out the yayo?

Open crates for adamantite.
Wait for sandstorm while forging Sky Fracture.
Kill sand elemental for forbidden armor.

I really like summoner. I think it catches what the archetype should feel like a lot more than most modern rpgs and hack n slash.

>I feel like it's a harder journey than any other class
It definitely has it better than Throwing.

Throwing isn't a real class. It's items, that's it.
Throwing eventually gets merged into melee.

I really like this weapon but when it came out i already had a venom staff. When is it available?

Farm pixie dust for wings, get Golden Shower or Onyx Blaster for good weapons, go through the ore tiers, get Frost/Forbidden armor for survivability

Reminder that Ichor is fucking OP and you should have Ichor bullets ready for every boss after Wall

Mages are powerful cause they're so defensively weak, and Spectre Hood healing cuts your damage in half to balance it out

I know this'll sound weird, but I think taking into account all of the content, Terraria is one of the best games ever made.

There's just a really cool feeling of adventure, and it's fantastic to see how it grew. When I last played, I had full Molten armour and was decked out with the sun flail.

But I come back to it and it's got like 50 times more content. If only all Early Access could be like this.

This game is so fucking amazing, I hope the Devs end up even richer.

Literally beginning of hardmode. Light shards from light mummies plus a magic missile weapon and souls of light.

>ichor bullets
Just multiclass and spray with some golden shower, or otherwise use a dart rifle with ichor darts or a repeater with ichor arrows. You should be using crystal bullets to get the most out of the ichor debuff.

Summoners need more active abilities to help counterract the terrible minion AI. I mean, I know they're not supposed to be "smart," but I'd rather they didn't spend 50% of the time running against walls.

Like,swinging the staff when you've got your maximum amount of minions out causes them to fly through walls over to that location, as if they were flying to you, so they could attack in a specific area. Or using the staff causes you to "target" specific enemy, causing them to fly there and only focus on that, with targets going away if they get off-screen.

Yeah I feel you, man. I have over 1100 hours on PC and I still enjoy playing.

Only thing I hate is the mobile and console ports where everything's so stupid and buggy and annoyingly similar to Minecraft consoles crafting UI

Yeah I agree, Red is godsend in todays shitty market.

Hell, I remember when everyone bitched at Red for not updating anymore after he had his kids and I thought they were spoiled, because even unfinished for such a cheap price I never ran out of fun.

Dev responded by dropping thousand ton updates and still the price was extremely good.

Gold Standard in gaming and he deserves to be the top 10 sell on steam.

anyone here ever try the Thorium mod? it's a neat way to spice up the game if you've already played through it a few times. adds a bunch of weapons, armors, accessories, makes throwing weapons actually viable beyond skeletron. adds a few npcs, some of which have questionable utility but one of them sells boss summoning items/materials to craft boss summoning items. adds a bunch of (mostly piss easy) bosses with their own drops, too. it's a decent package

There are no helicopters in Terraria

I'm going to play an Expert playthrough.
I've got the P.D.A I'm going to transfer over.

Any ideas on a build or path? I can hardly remember what I need to do.

Yeah I beat the apocalypse a weak ago, to be honest moonlord's harder. Was still a neat mod, the new weapons were definitely worth.

The only complain i have with this game is that the underground jungle is an absolute hell. You literally cant see most of the time incoming projectiles and they hit for 70+ damage plus venom tip. There isnt even a potion that highlights projectiles. Its absolute garbage, it makes no sense that its harder than both hell pre hardmode and the lizard temple post wall.

Resummoning certain minions will usually cause them to attack immediately. Imp is a good example of this.

I just generally switch between bullet types on the fly, keeping a small amount of Ichor bullets to hit them occasionally with and then switching to something better

Week*

Still waking up.

>You should have this thing that's only present in half of the worlds for every boss.

Too bad you can only resummon the last minion you summoned. It really makes no sense, to switch minions you literally have to either die or log out.

>dev responded
It wasn't really a response. Cenx, his wife, mother of his child, lead creative director of Terraria, told him to get back on that shit because the kid was out of that "needed to be taken care of 24/7" period.

Ever since Red went over to figure out what the fuck Engine was doing with Otherworld and then started helping them get back on track after 1.3 dropped, Cenx has been the one leading Terraria's development between 1.3.1 "hm I think wires are in need of an update" to 1.3.3 "the desert is a little lacklustre, isn't it?"

It's definitely its own class, it just becomes completely useless after the early game. It has its own damage type separate from melee, ranged, magic and summoning, and it has two armour sets and one weapon.
I'd really like to see it get some late-game armour and weapons to put it on par with the other classes, it's an interesting idea.

ichor is overrated and a bunch of bosses are immune to it, i'll stick to my cursed flame tyvm

What a woman.

Grind ore, then next ore, then next ore, then make armor of the last ore, then fight the mechs bosses for pickaxe axe, then chlorophyte, then shroomite, then fight plantera, then cultist, then moon lord.

I can't stand bloatware mods like Thorium and Tremor, and I regret being hyped for the Spirit Mod since they decided to go beyond "medium-size content mod that fills in some of the gaps in mini-biomes and gives a couple more alternative playstyle armours as well as fleshing out throwing" to "FULL BLOATWARE"

Why the fuck is everyone so afraid of making a mod that balances quantity and quality instead of fucking quality altogether and adding a billion quantity including post-moonman bosses?

it was ok after all the updates

Build plataforms above ground and blow up his arms, then finish him with my terran blade, gg ez.

also i'd rather eat wet concrete than to have to deal with floaty grosses and ichor stickers all the time, fuck that noise
crimson's fun for a playthrough or two but corruption is where it's at

Switching weapons is a lot easier for me and feels more natural to me than trying not to get hit while swapping bullet placement in my inventory, plus it gives a lot of use to weapons you'd otherwise usually ignore, as utility.

That is useful, but it seems to resummon your last minion rather than your first.

So if I had 4 minions stuck on a wall and there was an enemy I wanted them to be attacking;
>Put cursor over enemy
>Swing staff
>4th minion disappears, reappears and starts attacking the enemy
>1st, 2nd, and 3rd still stuck
>Swing again
>Minion who was attacking disappears, and then reappears and begins attacking
>Other 3 still stuck

I kept having to resort to removing the minion buff to desummon them all, then resummon them where I wanted them to be. It'd be nice if you could direct them to a location/enemy, or at least have the resummon cycle through them.

It's not gonna happen any more than post-moonman bosses are gonna happen, though. It's a gimmick class that only exists for one quarter of the game. It's not a real class and never will be outside of mods.

that isnt an apache though

I feel bad for throwing items
they used to be decent before expert mode became a thing but if you play in expert they're completely worthless. only good for killing zombies and flying eyes, really

I'd rather have more content in the first one.

Bone javs are rad, though. Fun little fact, if you Reaver Shark'd to the underworld early, the Magma Stone works with them, so you can apply both the bleed and the fire DoT with bone javs, which makes the Queen Bee a joke.

I don't understand why they moved Molotovs over to pink gel. It's enough of a pain in the ass to get pink gel as is due to how rare the Pinky is.

crimson is better than corruption

Just summon Slime King a few times, you'll get about one spawn per fight. Only hard part of that is getting gold.

Now that I think about it, Magma Stone working on bone javs really just proves that Throwing is melee, doesn't it?

Not for mages.

huh, cool.
I don't really get the molotov thing either, I literally never used them when they were "op" and I don't see the point in making them
I don't need no fancy ass fire bombs

Yes? You make another world and farm it.

>Crystal Darts will target an enemy when they bounce and they pierce through everything until they hit it
>Ichor Darts will fan out a small distance away into a shotgun blast

>cursed darts don't pierce, but if you don't actually shoot anything will, at a completely random frequency, drop extremely short-lived flames
Fucking why, make them pierce and have a more predictable frequency, like every other block or every other other block

server where

>Take another world to hard mode to farm some material to make the fight easier
>Or just practice a bit and do better

Honestly you'd save more time just learning the fight.

Summoner, Mage, or yoyo ma for my next run?

Post houses

> FFV sprites,
Fucking Tiy.

What could it do that isn't already done/could be done with Ranged?

It's really not difficult, it takes like 10 minutes

>spawn in small world
>dig straight down
>beat WoF
>suddenly you have an Ichor farm

More like 12.5% of the game, every 1.x update doubled the content, and there's been three of them. That said, the underground jungle has been in the game since 1.0, it's not new.

Or just grab a bunch of crimstone and make a crimson crate farm.

>that said, the underground jungle since 1.0
To be fair, the bees are new.

Just wait until the next steam sale, it regularly gets 50-80% discounts. It's worth a tenner, but why pay that when you can pay 2$.

To play it now?

True, but it's not like it's going anywhere.

>tfw you could facetank 10 gorrilion planteras and have infinite dps as mage in 1.2

How do you beat Skeletron on expert?

So I stopped playing before Crimson shit and my main problem with the game was that there were like a billion items you would never know that exist unless you checked the wiki and apparently they added even more sutff
Did they make the game less reliant on the wiki?

>get the spider staff
>summon shitloads of spiders on my enemies
>the spiders' attacks gives the enemy so many iframes that I can't even help them

>Because you need to farm the Solar eclipse multiplw times to get three broken swords to make it. So technically it's a boss drop craftable.
That's a lie.
In 4 playthroughs I've got enough broken hero swords to craft the terrablade after the first eclipse.
Learn to farm.

Git gud

Yes and no. The guide can tell you everything that can be crafted with an item, and how to craft it, but that doesn't help for found items.

>played terraria shortly after its initial release after friends recommended it to me
>couldn't get into it, didn't know what to really do
>even when playing with friends, I felt rather bored

what's changed over the years?
I still have the game on steam, should I try playing it?
how should I begin?

>using the clentaminator
>not using the DCU to just purge every corrupt biome

if it wasn't fun with friends you'll probably still not like it now

Git gud or get the bee's knees

>chunking the shit out of your world and leaving no biomes
>starting the corruption purge when you've beaten the moonlord so all your shit is already mega corrupted

Guys please.
To all the faggots who dropped the game during 1.0 or before that. The game truly has like 8 times more content if not more.
truly a 500+ hours game.

Lightning Boots help (Pegasus Boots + Aglet from Chests + Anklet of the Wind from the Underground Jungle + Rocket Boots from the Goblin Tinkerer)

I made an arena with a single long platform and some solid-block barriers. His homing skulls don't go through blocks, so when you destroy his hands you can stand between him and the blocks while he's shooting, then beat on him while he's spinning. You can use a Yoyo or minions to hit him from behind your barrier too.

The drop rates and artwork are probably the two things left that most people have problems with.

Unless they make the music shit or something, I really don't see how they could fuck up Terraria 2 when it eventually happens.

That's why you drill buffer zones so it can't spread before you get the DCU, silly.

>he thinks Terraria is inspired by minecraft

at that point if you've contained it, you might as well clentaminate it

Much more fun to purge it, you can save your money for rerolling prefixes instead of buying goo to shoot.

but my autism makes the clentaminator more fun, and there's plenty of platinum to go around

To each his own, user.

please go away, you're ruining the thread

Wait there's been a new patch?
Changelog pls

>mfw every new world I want to keep, I purposefully put hellevators around corrupt areas once in hardmode
>Never bothered clentaminating at all, just enjoy purging through areas by hand and mining any resources

Like 5 new weapons, a new armor, a new vanity set and 2 new weather effects for the snow and desert biome.

Deserts are slightly less useless in hard mode and much more deadly.

Post strange land formations

>5 new weapons
wot
>sky fracture
>spirit flame
>onyx blaster
>????????

Oh, right, the Mandible Blade. What's the fifth then?

Added the Forbidden Armor Set
Added Ancient Horn (Basilisk Mount)
Added Onyx Blaster
Added Sky Fracture
Added Mandible Blade
Added Spirit Flame
Added Pocket Mirror
Added Djinn's Curse
Added Lamia Vanity Set
Added the Ancient Vanity Set
Added Desert Spirit Lamp
Added Magic Sand Dropper
Added Sandstorm Music Box!
And several new banners!

I don't have a pic but I remember one time I ran off trying to reach one of my world's oceans found it at the top of a huge, perfectly vertical wall of dirt. Shit was weird.

I always play Terraria until a bit after Hardmode where I make wings, fly around and then put down the game. What am I missing? I just kinda don't know what to do after that.

All the hardmode shit. Gotta fight the final boss.

Just quoting the list doesn't actually do anything. I didn't ask for a full list of everything they asked, I asked for what weapons I am missing from the list, and if I don't know the name that's not gonna fucking do anything.

There's still only four weapons, not five, unless you count the Basilisk mount.

The new hammer you get from the WoF gives you a hint. Once you follow that hint, things happen.

The hard-mode mid game and late-game.
Late game hard-mode is insane, specially on expert which should be the only difficulty you play.
>Like 5 new weapons
>Like as an aproximate
>Using "like" as a definitive fact

>Deserts are slightly less useless in hard mode and much more deadly.
Nice, deserts always felt underdeveloped. It's amazing this game is STILL getting updates.
Also the new Sand Elemental is cute!

I want to fuck that sand

You really shouldn't be using approximates unless something's in the double digits, at least, and ideally you'd be starting with the highest minimum number you're absolutely sure of, instead of guesstimating the highest actual number.

Also you should only play Expert if you've played the game all the way through on Normal before.

Only faggots cheat, user.

What is the best world size?

I wonder who could be behind this dungeon.

You'll get sand in your urethra.

Small for resource gathering (unless you're looking for giant trees or pyramids), Medium for first time playthroughs, Large for multiplayer or second time playthroughs.

Since they fixed mineral spawn rates, Large

When was this?

I usually go medium.
Travel times in large worlds are just tedious, and even in a medium world I don't explore most of the caves available. But for the areas I do fully/mostly explore (Dungeon, underground jungle, Flying Islands) I'd like there to be a bit more content than a small world has.

>Fight the three mech bosses
>Fight plantera
>Fight Golem
>Fight lunatic cultist
>Fight moon lord
>Get new ore equips
>Get rare exclusive equips from the bosses and crafting
>Finish cellphone
>Get best items in each slot
>Go to expert mode and get your shit pushed in by all the bosses, if you're insane enough to try it.

Dude, the game doesn't even BEGIN until hardmode.

>tfw you have all gold armour and weapons

>no idea what to do next so I just keep digging down

I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

>insane
>expert mode
It's... like, twice as hard as not hard at all?

Is this just the Monster Hunter in me peeking through?

Nigga, I started fresh in Expert mode and beat Moonlord until I got all his drops.

It's not that hard, there's no reason to work your way up to it.

Farming fishing quests though, that's where I draw the line.

Anyone want to start a game on ps4?

Talk to your NPCs, especially the Guide.

Try exploring horizontally now.

Use your new gold items to kill bosses like eye of Cthulthu and skeletor and brain of cthulthu/eater of worlds and use that to make a demonite pickaxe.

Dig straight down to the underworld, under the lava while getting obsidian along the way, use your demon pickaxe to mine hellstone.

Use your hellstones to make a molten item set and kill wall of flesh.

Congrats on beating 20% of the game! You've unlocked 20 new bosses and entered hardmode.

>tfw can't find any of the new ores at all
>Don't know how I'll progress without the new anvil, forge, and equips in hardmode

Use the "pwnhammer" to break altars in the crimson/corruption and the new ores will spawn. The more you break, the more ore will appear

I know, I broke them but can't find the new ores, even when I explored a shitload of the underground I could only find enough for maybe 10 bars.

make spelunker potions and look harder nyigga

it's not just you
t. man who has never played monhun

I always go with ranged builds, but I want to try something new.

Which one should I go for Cred Forums? Magic, Melee or Summoning?

skeletron prime first? what the hell dude.

the destroyer is by far the easiest mech boss and is so easy that you can magic mirror home, heal up with the nurse and go fight him before he even makes it to your base.

not to mention so many early hard mode weapons shred him.

>always start work on really elaborate castles and shit
>never finish because I'm really shit at designing things

>the destroyer is by far the easiest mech boss
Maybe if you've got the Daedalus and holy arrows, but I have to wait until I get the magic harp.

Skeletron is by far the easiest as its lasers never hit you and its grenades go right through platforms. Kill the melee arms first then have a field day.

Just make basic shit like rainbow water fountains, many large gems, infinite water/honey/lava fountains, statue fountains, banner display room, etc first. Much easier and still makes your OCD happier.

The new ores typically generate on top of existing ore veins. Also, you need to break 3 Demon Altars per wave of ore spawns, with diminishing spawns around 9 and 16 (iirc) waves.
Breaking altars also spawns pockets of corruption that now spread

What do ya think of the expert mode ?
Personally, It's very fun, but the bosses are fuckingly hard, I can't beat some of them alone, even full of buffs.

Yeah, I need to do a lava waterfall. Part of my issue is not knowing where to start for sure

>Have a character called The Archiver
>Was intended to go with a world called The Library that acts as a dumping ground for any loot from characters and/or worlds I'm deleting
>Never finish using characters so never have actually new items
>Library is still just a short tower full of unsorted chests because it'll probably never be finished

>Added Lamia Vanity Set

How do you sort your items?
I start to do blocks/crafting materials/armor etc. but then there are always items that fit multiple categories that fuck up my system.

Magic for solo play, but you need to learn to dodge because you're made of paper
Melee if you want to torture yourself
Summoner is harder than magic solo, and you'll need to multiclass if you don't want to just sit around watching your minions or kite around monsters

bumb

idk about 500 hours
I´d say 100 hours or something if you only play one character and do everything

How the fuck are you supposed to beat Moon Lord as melee?

Is that other game they were making almost out yet? Overworld or something

use the solar weapons you fuckhead

How about some of those mods, though? I think Thorium does a good job of rounding out gear progression, especially for people who play Expert mode.

By using your weapons.

And for the love of god do not impose your own arbitrary definition of melee over the game's definition, else you're fucked.

Otherworld.
No, its development cycle has been extended because Red wasn't satisfied with it as a proper successor to the Terraria name.

Have some videos.

>Swing Grappling Trailer (most recent):
youtube.com/watch?v=ydX8dISSwqc

>OST:
youtube.com/watch?v=93fxc8SCF3g

>GDC 2015 Trailer (eons old, game looks a bit different in some areas since)
youtube.com/watch?v=U1HpkvoMXnw

I was really fond of using the Possessed Hatchet when moving around or hiding from his lasers behind cover and Daybreak when I had a clear shot for some DoT

Possessed Hatchet is the real OG nigga weapon
That multi-use buff was GODLY

>sword level up
Cool, I'm a bit more interested now

>OST
>Space Biome
>mfw

Also I wanna hear a full version of that Corruption music goddamnit

Glitch two of his arms off

There will be both weapon-type proficiency, and weapon-specific proficiency. Using explosives for a long time will make all your explosives better, but it will also make the specific explosive weapon type you're using better, too. I think they said it will technically be possible to take your silver broadsword all the way to the end of the game and still have it be useful.

I doubt that. Realistically speaking it just strikes me as a "grind with this weapon to make it reach its full strength" mechanic, but who knows maybe the upgrade slots will be relatively minor boosts.

>Boss takes up one third of the screen
Oh yes
That corruption track reminds me of Diablo.

...Which Diablo? Diablo 1 and 2 had more chill, almost folksy ambient music. Darkest Dungeon reminds me more of Diablo's music.

changed his address + 0xE8 value to 0

Fuck, I love Sky Fracture. Such a good early hardmode weapon. The only thing I wish it could do was make the swords follow your cursor like the Magic Missile.

It reminds me of the Gate of Babylon.

I think it reminds everyone of Gilgamesh. Onyx Blaster just plain looks cool though.

You're thinking of Tristram, aren't you?
Diablo had a pretty heavy use of drums and dark ambient tones in a lot of its tracks.