What are some games similar to SWAT? I've never played old Rainbow Six games like Athena Sword and others...

What are some games similar to SWAT? I've never played old Rainbow Six games like Athena Sword and others, should I try them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lbo_8h8dIvU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rainbow Six Raven Shield will fill you up homie

I wonder why this genre died.

Rainbow Six 3 is a must play for any fan of tactical shooters.

I’d also recommend the original Ghost Recon and its two expansions for a similar gameplay style in bigger outdoor environments.

Because you're encouraged to not kill perps. Everyone wants to be a cop and kill dem dang dirty terrorists/nigs.

SHUT UP

IM TAKING YOU INTO CUSTODY

It's pretty much the opposite of instant gratification and mistakes are harshly punished immediately so casuals won't like it

Call of Duty 4 came out two years later. That's my opinion anyway. Fuck. I just want GoG to get this game. Swat 3 just won't cut it.

ON THE GROUND

NOW

shut the fuck up lefitst cuck, go suck some more BBC at the BLM rally you fucking faggot

Door Kickers

I cant tell if this is irony anymore.

That's probably the best SWAT game available unfortunately. Rainbow Six games will fill the tactical shooter thing but at this point they're pretty old, it's still worth checking out Raven Shield.

There's SWAT 4 expansion pack, never played it though.

this is a pretty fun game desu

I'm going to reinstall now.

Time to taze that old lady again.

I doubt it honestly

I wish Siege didn't have such a cancerous, tryhard MLG community. It'd be so much more fun if it attempted to be just a balanced, fun game with interesting gadgets and ops.

Just tired of the cancerous tryhards desu famalamadingdongs

youtube.com/watch?v=Lbo_8h8dIvU

Every multiplayer game now wants to be COMPETITIVE.

Isn't Ground branch supposed to be a SWAT like game?

Pls don't hurt me

>I wonder why this genre died.

Because lack of killing

If I recall correctly you can kill terrorists in SWAT without any repercussions. Yeah, you get bad score but who cares?

That's kind of the point of the game and the whole gameplay premise so people care.

You can kill suspects if they point the gun at you.

Or just go nuts especially in LAN where everyone is just having a good time killing everything except civilians.

It's more fun to disarm and capture perps if you're a tactical guy. There's tons and tons and tons of fps games that let you do the latter.

You can also shoot them if you tell them to drop the weapon and they don't comply

Yeah, but you can't go in guns blazing so it's kinda lame.

>being this much of a liberal criminal sympathizer

why are you not sucking off the BLM protestors again? their balls are getting heavy faggot user

>he doesn't open and gas/bang
it's almost like you don't like torture, user

Yeah that too, but it's more fun throwing a rubber ball grenade, flashbang and a tear gas in a room then making 5 terrorists surrender.

Who's stopping you? When you're finished with a level, you don't need the score anymore, just kill anyone you like.

The biggest thing I don't like about SWAT 4

A nonlethal loadout is significantly easier than a realistic lethal loadout.

>Unauthorized use of deadly force: -10

Always loved the banter between your mates and the perps.

>Save it for the judge.

iirc the socom games on ps2 had the option to capture enemies alive after hitting them with flashbangs. I wish more "tactical" games were like the old socom games, actually being surgical in your strike and using stealth instead of ramboing everything.

i wish all niggers were put in gulags. slimes and mexicans too please

Did any of the ghost recon games do this?

some are alright honestly. there's a difference between black people and niggers

Yeah the pepper spray paintball gun made the majority of the missions a breeze.

You can shoot perps with the snipers and you won't get the -10 penalty for some reason. It'll stop you from getting a perfect score though.

>there's a difference between black people and niggers

Yeah and it's an awful trend. Hate it. I play for fun famalam.

>there's a difference between black people and niggers
I remember when someone could say "there's a difference" and not get told to piss off to reddit. Newfags pls leaf.

All I can guess is that the casual market would not appreciate an FPS where you actually have to use appropriate levels of force depending on the situation bound to rules and laws. There's no instant gratification with lots of flashy "exciting" action with you going in like some kind of Judge Dredd wanna be. Having to go multi-platform means you've got to take into account the controller which immediately disqualifies a whole range of tactical interactions because of the awful aiming you have with those. AAA is very risk averse so they don't want to risk anything even though they still find idiots funding Homefront titles. Indie and the mid-size studios for some reason don't wanna make a game like this which goes beyond me, the only ones to try gave us fucking Takedown: Red Sabre.

Hell, even Universal Soldier let you shoot guns out of enemies hands, forcing them to surrender.

> It'll stop you from getting a perfect score though
Only if you aim to kill, I started blasting their right shoulders hoping they lose their grip on the gun.
I usually just get tired of runners and eat the penalty for killing them.

they also require you to actually think and learn things instead of just making you feel smart for looking at pretty art assets, so the 'core gamers' dont really like them either

it's a shame too because the genre still had room to grow

swat 4 and raven shield are cool, but they're flawed

>the only ones to try gave us fucking Takedown: Red Sabre.
wasn't takedown really bad because the devs had a publisher that suddenly pulled all funding, so they had to make the game on a much smaller budget than intended?.

You'd probably like ARMA 2/3 and some custom campaigns/scenarios that are special forces and shit.

I played a little ARMA, but it was too much of a milsim for me. I liked the balance you got in games like SWAT and Rainbow Six, where it's more tactical, but it doesn't leave me feeling the same way as when I try to play a flightsim.

What I don't like is how slow it is to change to "snake camera" then back to your weapon.

no one likes police quest swat 1 or 2?

isn't swat 2 not playable on win 7 and up or something?

Didn't they try to bring that series back on Kickstarter tho?

No it was kickstarter shit. They had no one managing their progress so when it came time for release, they released a shitty incomplete game. To be fair, even if it was complete, it still would have been shit.

God damn that picture made me feel sad and slightly angry at myself.
When I was like around 7, my parents got me that game for christmas. Thing is, I didn't ask for it, nor did I even know about the game, nor was I a fan of swat games in general. Also I was used to kind of bigger presents, a single game for christmas seemed like fucking nothing. I remember being sad as fuck that I basically got nothing for christmas, though I pretended to like it.
Now that I think about it, my parents probably were short on money back then, and this is all they could get me, but I remember feeling sad as fuck.

This has nothing to do with the thread, but there you go.