Will there ever be a greater RPG city than Blessure?

Will there ever be a greater RPG city than Blessure?

youtube.com/watch?v=-ui7s31Tp84

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l-1xO-R_JpA
youtube.com/watch?v=TkhFoxwJsD4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck me the Witcher has some good aesthetics.

>google blessure
what the fuck

>There will be no new Witcher for like 10 years
why even live ?

Ow, why?

But that's not Novigrad.
youtube.com/watch?v=l-1xO-R_JpA

Blood and Wine is on sale for £13 on PSN. That's 25% off, do I buy it even though I probably won't get round to playing it for a few months?

It genuinely looks like some 18th century castle or chateau.

>That moment when you realize the in game city in 4k looks much better than the concept art

The Witcher 3 is too good to be true

Miss it

Are there any other RPGs out there I can fucking play that have beautiful giant cities like this?

I'm having serious Witcher 3 withdrawals and I desperately need a fix. I don't even know if there are any other games like Witcher 3 being made where you can explore a beautiful fantasy city. Dragon's Dogma was a nice distraction but it had 1 fucking tiny town.

I need more damn it.

>The cities in the Witcher 3 feel more alive then games that are set only inside a city

I didn't quite feel this way. The problem with Witcher 3 cities(or perhaps open world cities in general) is that they often tend to live only through quests. They're otherwise mostly static, with NPCs more like a background flavour rather than anything of substance.

Not to say the design of the Witcher cities wasn't great, but I feel like the chapter system of 1 and 2 is superior to the 3, seeing the only activity in THE GREAT CITY OF NOVIGRAD after Triss leaves being the same Witch Hunters shouting about burning books takes away from the illusion.

You're right, but I don't think games will ever reach the feeling of a truly alive city for a long while.

I just finished blood and wine recently and thus finished my witcher 3 playthrough after nearly 300 hours

it feels like no game can fill the void that it left, everything feels so inferior, even dark souls combat doesn't give me as much fun as that in the witcher

you do have a point, but still nothing ever came close to my feelings when I first entered Novigrad

it was the first time in a video game that I actually felt like I entered a real city

This could be a comment out of reddit, it's funny to see that reddit and Cred Forums love the game together.

I just realised as I posted this how fucking reddit it sounds

i genuinely enjoyed the game but i wish i never watched gameplay trailers before release.

Athkatla will always be the best

What games don't do this? The city is virtually always just set dressing outside of vendors and quest givers. The other user was saying the Witcher does it's set dressing very, very well.

If you are nervous person, do not look under spoilers

Vivec is one of the best

One of the selling point of the Gothic games back then was that NPCs aren't just shuffling around the town aimlessly, but each have a certain daily routine they go through.

Giving an NPC a routine doesn't mean there's any substance. That's just more set dressing.

Yeah, sure, but it's still better than most games do today.

it's French for wound or injury.

Megaton
youtube.com/watch?v=TkhFoxwJsD4

That's because most cities are shit little areas for players to offload all the vendor trash they've looted while out killing things. But NPC behavior doesn't make a city more of a city just because it's unique for each NPC. That speaks to the NPC or AI design, perhaps, not necessarily the city itself. The Witcher's cities have a sense of scale and movement that's generally unmatched by any other RPG.

I agree, but I don't think the witcher does it worse though, if anything it extends that formula. Besides, it was easier to give each npc a routine back then because there were like 30 of them per location.

In a city like Novigrad you have whole groups of npc's that do their own thing, hobos, street musicians, guards, traders, innkeepers, drunkards wandering the streets at night etc.

Really didn't like Fran- I mean Toussaint, when I first got there but after doing a couple quetss and getting to the main city, I really what CDPR has created... again. No other studio loves their creations this much to make the world so believable.

I agree with you totally, but my point is that when the city is exhausted of quests in 1, 2 more confined RPGs, you leave and that's that. For me it was a lot more jarring in Witcher 3 because there's so much plot and background fluff that makes the world feel so vibrant and yet whenever you go back to a major settlement for whatever reason you're reminded that actually the world is very much static.

I'm nitpicking though. I love Witcher 3, and I wouldn't begrudge anyone thinking it's the greatest game or RPG ever. I'm just still not sure if it being open world made it a better game, or added much beyond me getting a horse and it taking longer to reach things.

Have you beaten the main game, or plan to?
Have you played the other DLC, Hearts of Stone?
Do you plan on getting it anyway?
If you answered yes to any of these, get it

>NPC in the bottom left
>Can't unsee NPC faces
The one main gripe I had with Witcher 3 is the amount of re-used NPC faces. Especially pic related, this face must be used for like 25% of the faces in the whole game?

>Haven't played Witcher 3 since release last year
>Remembered only a few days ago that I bought the season pass
>Currently doing a NG+ to refresh myself of the story etc
>The music
>The atmosphere
>MUH dick during the story
I seriously forgot how good this game was, I have no idea why I left this and never went back to do the DLC.

I'm nearly finished with the main story Triss over Yen this time, and then I'm going to do the DLC's, I can't wait seeing as all I keep hearing is great things about them.

One question though, are the DLC's tied whatsoever to the choices you've made in the game already, or completely separate and standalone?

Mostly seperate, I'd advise getting the fuck outta here before any spoilers.

If you think that was bad, you should have seen TW1, there were maybe 4 or 5 NPC types that made up the entirety of the game world's populace. It was extremely off-putting. At least in TW3 they took the time to craft a fuckton of unique characters in addition to making a bunch of NPC with actual modifiers on their facial hair and clothing.

All things considered, the NPC types are acceptably diverse, especially in comparison to other games, the first Witcher game in particular.

*except for that one time they put David Beckham in the game.

>I'd advise getting the fuck outta here before any spoilers.
Good point

they're pretty much standalone except for a tiny bit of extra content that you get in blood and wine depending on your romance choice

there's also some extra dialogue if you do them before finishing the main storyline, particularly at the end of HoS

and Michael Cera

>there's also some extra dialogue if you do them before finishing the main storyline, particularly at the end of HoS
Are you meant to complete the DLC's before the main game, or after? How do they fit in time-wise.

definitely after, that extra dialogue is pretty irrelevant and is hard to get anyway

This quest was god-tier.

>Triss over Yen.
I can never do this. Triss basically accepted the breakup with Geralt and is willing to walk away unless you do the effort. Romancing her is basically starting a new(ish) relationship with someone, something we always do in an rpg with a romantic subplot.
Yen, now Yen... She's willing to hunt down a genie, and use her one wish not for power, not for wealth, not even for Ciri, but for Geralt's love. This time Yen is the one doing the effort. It's not often the case in an rpg where the romance option have you potentially *refuse* the romance. Triss rejected Geralt (if you ask her to try again, she'll refuse) but this time Geralt can refuse Yen. And that just hurts. Especially when we see how well Geralt and Yen are and their chemistry together (playful banter, fun with puns, finishing each other's sentences, fake submission, etc)
Willfully breaking this up is just too cruel, I can't get through with it (I mean, I always picked the option to see the result but I always load back.)

Yes to all of them actually.

It's just one of those where I've not really been playing a lot of vidya recently and I don't want to jump on this sale when a heftier sale will come down the line before I probably get round to playing it

I guess the content is substantial anyway, ta senpai

>remember yesterday that I still haven't beaten Witcher 3
>need to meet the Crones with Ciri
I was debating between doing the DLC before the end or not. I couldn't actually remember if you could run around after the main story ended.

You could and you should do them after the main plot. It would break the pacing of the main quest if you do the dlc, considering they're main quests on their own.

I did a 100% playthrough on my first one and chose Yen. So I've already done that route.

But I do agree, Yen is the better choice, and more of a woman.

I was curious about one thing though: in the Stone one, Geralt get's that scar on the side of his face, does he keep that?

I do like the idea of getting Geralt more and more fucked up, though I doubt you can go back to the main quest any time you want, so it kind of defeats the purpose of me doing it just so he can have a new scar at the end of the main quest.

Either way, I'm pretty sure I'm not too far from the end of the game.

this, spot on

add to that her unwavering loyalty to geralt and ciri in the books, like following veralt and raising the rewards for his witcher contracts even when they were broken up, being like a mother to ciri and going against the lodge to find/protect her, and giving up her life for geralt at the end

she is the right choice

In Heart of Stone you can drop in and off the dlc main quest to do your main quest same with Blood and Wine. There's even a piece of conversation where Yen remarks even she can't remove the scar unless O'Dimm wants to. But it's not worth breaking the pacing of both the dlc and main quest. It would be kinda weird for everyone waiting on Geralt for weeks in Dandelions bar as time is of the essence as Eredin is hot on their heels while Geralt trapsies around in some painting.

>Either way, I'm pretty sure I'm not too far from the end of the game.
If you're only up to the crones you're more like 20-30% done

>Just started blood and wine

It's great. I really think they'll be able to pull off cyber punk cities well because of these cities

Going to meet them with Ciri, at Bald Mountain.

I know the game is big but I'm pretty sure it's not so big that the Battle of Kaer Morhan isn't even half way through it.

you're nearing the end, I fucking loved the bald mountain

prepare for a GOAT tier boss battle and a slavic party