How is the PC port of pic related...

How is the PC port of pic related? I played a shitton of vanilla DD but I started college a few weeks back and can't bring my ps3 with me. I want to play the dlc but I am not sure if I should get it on ps3 (to get some exclusove armor) or if the PC port is good, I'll play it in college more than at home.

It's real good, silky smooth 60 fps at 4k. You can actually play Mystic Knight. Although I can't say about KB+M support, because I use a controller.

It runs great and is infinitely better than the blurry, stuttering ps3 version

It's an excellent port. Never went under 60fps for me.

Some odd things like worse cape physics than the console version. But other than that it's a really well done port.

Oh yeah and no Berserk stuff. Which fucking sucks because those were the only good black and white shirts in the game.

All these. Only real downside is that the Berserk armor sets are gone, but if you can get past that, this port is excellent.

That's fucking great! I downloaded Dark Douls on PC and it is so fucking horrible compared to PS3 version so I was scared it's going to be similar.
Anyone knows about the KB+M settings? or how to set a ps3 controller on PC?

HOLD IT DOWN, ARISEN!

Just remember to fix the title screen so you can fry into free

PC version of Dark Souls hasn't had any issues since launch. I think they patched in normal resolutions at some point, and DSFix is easy enough to use anyway. Definitely better than the PS3 version because of better rendering resolution alone.

The berserk armor is overated.
Griffin armor and Chaos armor are acceptable alternatives.

>Berserk armor sets are gone
And no one figured out how to rip them from the PS3/360 versions and mod them back in?

Kinda surprising based on how many people were working on it around release.

>no berserk
shit that's a shame, I actually thought of playing again as Guts (as I am not happy with how the Berserk game is turning out) and wanted to play as Warrior.

Mystic Knight sounds fucking great I played as Ranger on PS3 and was too weak when I tried to play as him.

Also how is the DLC itself? I've heard mixed feelings about it. I enjoyed Dungeon crawling in bloodborne and postgame DD so if it is too dull I don't care as long as the difficulty is good and bosses enjoyable.

kbm is great, literally no downsides PLUS vocations that require aiming are now even more fun with kbm.

Ranger is one of the strongest classes though.
I personally loved the DLC. It's more concentrated DD experience with new monsters. Better than the Everfall. Be sure to run through it two times for nightmare mod and extra story bit.

You need to download dsfix

>or how to set a ps3 controller on PC?
Search it up, it's seriously simple with just a few steps.

The difficulty of the dlc is good. You should accumulate some armor sets with differing stats or you can cheese it as a Magick archer.
Most bosses are similar re-skins but some of them are amazing originals.

>I realised the Hydra and the Gorecyclops posted challenges to the Arisen.

Is it really so hard to just be guts in a different outfit? The class is going to play exactly the same either way and other sets look better.

Yeah, I personally never used them, but some people really like them. So for me it's a really minor fault.

It looks like there was work done on trying to get them in the game, but work on it just up and died after hitting some snags. Incompatibilities and such.

tfw none of the modders have gotten rid of the stupid horns on the chimera helmets

Great, that's what I wanted to hear.
Yeah, I phrased it poorly. I meant changing vocation to Mystic Knight after playing the whole game as Ranger wasn't strong enough. I loved playing as Ranger but I want to be more in the action now.

I don't have the steam version and dsfix makes it freeze

Ok thanks, I want to play as magick archer or mystic knight. Which one is better and do you have any tips on how to minmax them? is the Magick archer cheese the one with shooting the Death off some cliff or something? I think I've read something like that

PC Dogma is like a completely different game.
I actually completed Hard Mode and Speedrun Mode this time, because playing PC version is a joy.

Well I wanted to cosplay as Golden Age Guts but sure it isn't. Is the Guts premade Character still present?

Great, I really want to get into DLC asap but it really is a pain to get there. Or it takes a long time.

Ranger can cheese Death but so can magick archer. They just use different methods.

Magick archer is generally stronger than the Mystick knight.

both classes can use a few levels in sorcerer. The knight can use levels in warrior. And the archer can use levels in Assassin.

Be sure to fill out all vocations for those augments.

>dlc you just have to get your pawn, then wait for night in cassardis.

The dlc will requires more levels from you. I recommend level 50.

I remember when I played this game on the 360 ages ago, my Pawn was getting rented like a 3 dollar whore when I first started, but after playing the pc version for about a week now, they haven't gotten a single rent. Is the pc version just dead or do low levels not get many rents?

I got through the early parts of BBI at a (relatively) low level just fine, until the part where you meet the first giant skeleton.
I farmed everything before that for some nice starting XP.

Is there anything that can survive Tenfold Blast Arrows?

Post stats.

abandoned pawns over saturate the rift making your pawn less likely to be rented. In general When the rift gets more pawns the less likely your pawn will get rented.

Only physical immune enemies.

>level 50
>beat the damn thing two days ago
>started around 70
>now 109 ranger/assassin
>STILL cant get thousand kisses

I always forget about those.
Probably because I played MK a lot.

Level 41 Fighter Utilitarian/Scather
Yeah, that makes sense.

And you'll get fucking destroyed

>Utilitarian/scather

Mah nigga.

It's the port I've been waiting for.

I've put more hours in the port than I did in vanilla, and vanilla was already my gotyay.

So yeah, definitely worth it. Silky smooth 60FPS and higher resolutions are great. The rest is untouched.

There aren't many of them anyways. Ghosts aren't even worth fighting, so living armor's second form is the only relevant one.

This. My 360 pawn barely got rented since I bought it only like 1 or 2 years ago, while my PC pawn got rented like crazy since I got it on launch.

Its the objectively best way to play the game

The only problem is that the berserk outfits were cut due to licensing bullshit

Assassin gives more strength than Warrior and Magick Knight is already fairly bulky.

Magick Archer is really strong on BBI thanks to Ricochet Hunter, lots of confined spaces and lots of enemies weak to lightning but mediocre everywhere else, Magick Knight is strong all around and still very good in BBI

Magick Archer only needs Strength if you're going to be using dagger skills a lot

Also meant to reply to If anything you can try both out and switch between them as you wish, they benefit from the same stats. I personally find Magick Knight a lot more versatile and fun, with Magick Archer you're usually going to be spamming Ricochet Hunter in hallways.

Also in terms of DPS nothing beats a Ranger's Tenfold Arrow with Blast Arrows but at that point why are you even playing the game

You don't need to go into the actual BBI dungeon to change your vocation, you can just talk to Olra.

If you do try to go inside then your ass is going to be annihilated at the speed of light though

I play the PC version few times a week, and every time I a get one to three rents.

Assassin gives the most strength, but Warrior has better defense and health growths.

MA can afford to be squishy, MK cannot,

What's wrong with the horns? I think it looks dope.

Will moving my save so I can start a new character fuck my pawns shit up?

Are rift crystals tied to my account or character?

whats wrong with them is i just want a helm with a closed face (that isnt the bucket helm) without edgy decorative horns. I just want to be a chivalrous knight and thats hard with stupid decorations.

tied to character im pretty sure. I have heard of some people having problems with pawn connectivity when they mess with the pawn/character saves.

The easiest way to get around it is just to make a dummy steam account and activate family sharing to make a second character

This is the only acceptable helmet for a chivalrous knight.

>decorative trash

simple helmets are the best.

I bet you're real fun at parties

So what is the best vocarion of BBI? I don't want to get my ass kicked in there.

Ah forgot about that cheers

Any class that can use daggers,
But you should be fine as long as you don't play warrior or sorcerer.

Not mage and not warrior.

how does my taste in medievil helmets coorelate to my social skills?

>trashing on the helmet of "The Divine Crusader".

basic bucket helms are better

Sorcerer is fine, it's just lame when you're better off using holy focused bolts instead of the big spells that you're playing sorcerer for.

Try to cast anything in a room with a giant gorecyclops.

Only problem with this helmet is almost no armor goes well with it.

Anything that's not Mage or a red Vocation.

BBI is really the "Fuck Red Vocations: The Island"

Yes, that's my point. Holy focused bolts are all you use. It's effective but makes the class boring.

playing as a fighter is fine, did it myself. Well as long as you dont suck its fine

haha. noooo. They look really out of place when added to the higher tier Surcoat sets.

Is the online community dead now?

fuck I wanted to play as Mystic Knight which I think is a combination of the two right? Or is it viable in BBI? I want to bring Light into the Darkness. And I already played as Ranger and don't want to do that again even though I like it.

you need to use a good cloak to hide the weak shoulders of some armors.

I don't know about Ur'Faget, but pawn rents are alive even on low levels.

Mystic knight should be fine in bitter-black isle. Just have more yellow classes in your party. Also always carry around a stave for convenience.

Mystic knight is great. Hybrid class doesn't mean it only takes things from other classes, they have their own unique skills as well.

thats why i dont use those. highest tier of surcoat i use is the divine surcoat

Oh great then! Can I start as Mage and play as Mystic knight once I can switch or max Mage and will I do good damage? I don't want to play a different classes just to olay MK after level 200 to do a bit more damage, just asking whether I should play as other vocations for a bit before picking up MK.

oh yeah I know, just thought that combination of magick attack and close range are the two bad things that make bbi suck for warrior and mage.

>mage

nooooooooooooo.
Never play as mage.
Fighter or warrior + sorcerer

playing mage for a bit will give you some extra magic damage, but the game gets so easy at a point that it really doesnt matter. Once you get to bbi gear makes all the difference, so even if you minmax perfectly it only gives you a minute damage advantage

People only say mage is bad because it's inferior to sorcerer in every way. If you pretend sorcerer doesn't exist then mage isn't that bad.

Yeah I only plan to choose mage as a starter class for the first few levels until you can change it for Sorcerer, Warrior or MK.

Oh but from the standing point it doesnt matter right?

>Never play as mage
Attunement and Inflection

starting point doesnt matter too much no, but level 1-10 gives the best stat growth, so if you want that extra boost, go with mage

I wish the damage calculation wasn't so retarded in this game

>enemy has 200 defense
>you have 201 attack
>you do 1 damage

I struggled in BBI for a long time because I had shit gear

Will dragons dogma online ever come to other regions? I know there's a workaround but I want an actual release

as soon as mho gets a us release

Play the game normally to get weapons from Grigori.
Speedrun the game to dragonforge Grigori's weapons.
Now you are set for BBI.

I wish I had found out sooner, I'm pretty much decked out in lvl 2 gear now but the awakened form of the last boss kicks my ass, I might have to cheese him with blast arrows if I don't find any lvl 3 gear

Is Deep Down vaporware

Who knows. If anything capcom extended the trademark for an American version of DDO in June

Acuity is better than Attunement and there are better augments in place of inflection.

So basically I have to be in PostGame before going there?
Aren't there better weapons to be found in BBI? Can I travel back and forth?
>speedrun the game
To kill him again to have them dragonforged?

>twn be a co-op dragons dogma with a larger world and random monster spawns

Play monster hunter.

>Get your heart back
>Get Everfall gear
>Go kill some dragons and get that shit dragonforged
>Go to BBI

Acuity can be stacked with Attunement to give you 32% magick increase.
Same with Vehemence and Clout for strength.
You complete the game normally on levels 50-60, perfect time to do BBI.
Yeah, kill Grigori again to dragonforge your new gear, it will only take 30-40 minutes to reach him. If you're a bow user, you can slay him early with Maker's Finger.

Reminder that Warrior is best vocation with Fighter and Strider being fun too.

Mystic Archer best class but Warrior is really fun