Saladin leads Arabs

religious/scientific civ

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabian_horse
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquest_of_Persia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>They fell for Muslim Golden Age meme

>Arabia has always been famous for its horses
Yes, that's the first animal that comes to anyone's mind when he thinks about Arabia

>Nose thicker than his arm

How is this not racism?

Look at this underclass scum and laugh at him

Not bad. Better than many of the other leader picks.

How about you provide an argument. I could claim that almost any country is famous for its horses, as long as they have had some prestigious chavalry unit once; most states have.

If the narrator is just talking about horses, then what's so big deal about it? It's not like there are horse species only in Arabia, or that they are somehow superior. If so, enlighten me.

>picking a Egyptian Kurd as the leader of Arabia
>a good pick

almost had me, lad.

He's a semite

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabian_horse
>With a distinctive head shape and high tail carriage, the Arabian is one of the most easily recognizable horse breeds in the world. It is also one of the oldest breeds, with archaeological evidence of horses in the Middle East that resemble modern Arabians dating back 4,500 years. Throughout history, Arabian horses have spread around the world by both war and trade, used to improve other breeds by adding speed, refinement, endurance, and strong bone. Today, Arabian bloodlines are found in almost every modern breed of riding horse.
>The Arabian developed in a desert climate and was prized by the nomadic Bedouin people, often being brought inside the family tent for shelter and protection from theft. Selective breeding for traits including an ability to form a cooperative relationship with humans created a horse breed that is good-natured, quick to learn, and willing to please. The Arabian also developed the high spirit and alertness needed in a horse used for raiding and war. This combination of willingness and sensitivity requires modern Arabian horse owners to handle their horses with competence and respect.
Peasant scum

Educate yourself, pleb.

>Arabs
>religious/scientific civ

hahah

>religious/scientific civ
>plunder countless Roman, Greek and Persian works
>claim they invented it
we wuz scientists n shiet

You learn something everyday, thank you. Though the question still remains whether horses are THE thing Arabia is famous for, of which I would still disagree.

This is what american education is like

arent they bred mostly in eastern europe

>a Kurd leading Arabia

Well it's thanks to the Arabs that Aristotle's work has survived. Aristotle fit with their materialism, but nonetheless they never came up with anything original.

No

This is going to make it a pain in the ass for anyone else to pick Islam. And knowing Civ there's probably like 8 civs that need it.

Maybe it's time to do the Sunni/Shiite/Ibadi divide so you don't just have one token muslim in each game?

He was easily the most important and memorable Egyptian leader.

Can I get sweden with Karl XII or Karl X now

>things that happened in real life

>Europe plunders countless Arabian and Byzantine works
>Calls it the renaissance aka age of enlightenment
IT'S LITERALITY OK WHEN EUROPE DOES IT
>but nonetheless they never came up with anything original.
AND LOOK AT THIS UNEDUCATED FOOL AND LAUGH AT HIM

Finally, time to crush the white man.

>Saladin

When will Western media stop using this meme leader?

Cuck

t. Ahmed from Birmingham

I am pretty sure that happened when the byzies fled Constantinople from the Turks and settled down in Italy.

>Arabian and Byzantine works
Greek.
>LAUGH AT HIM
Laugh at your own bankrupt culture, paki.

>Arabia has always been famous for its horses
>this is the same as 'Horses are the most famous thing to come out of Arabia

you're either ESL or retarded.

It was kind of real, but even at the time scientists had to deal with the paradigms of the religion. The only big difference between Arabia and Chirstian Europe was the Arabia had the writings by the old wises of the Greece as Platon and Aristotle for example.

X is too ugly. XII is too young. XI is too autistic. And they fucked up Adolphus the last time so we're going to get Vasa or Reinfeldt

Is that all the effort you can put into an insult?
Fourth Crusade

I was refering to the renaissance. Bunch of of Greeks fleeing taking all their knowledge and skills with them to Italy. Wealthy Italiens then spend all their insane amount of money on arts and science.

The Christian world did as well. Augustine unified Christian doctrine with Plato, and Aquinas unified it with Aristotle.

It's both

What was left of it after that dumb fuck Julius Ceasar burned them all down.

IN DENIAL

>Arabia led by a kurd
>Egypt led by a macedonian
>Kongo led by a portugese
>Rome led by a hispaniard
>France led by a italian
>Sumer led by a myth
This is actually pretty normal in Civ games

Go on, let out all that anger that hurts you so.

>It's another game where Saladin leads arabs.

Ok...

Mamelukes didn't exist back then.

What the fuck is this.

if they take Mehmet al-Fateh white people would be triggered

>Knowledge spreads outwards from Greece through colonies and trade, including North-Africa and Middle-East
>Romans destroy any learning that isn't civic engineering or military science, willingly and unwillingly by their simplistic empire expansionism
>Enter dark age of science development in western world via Roman conquest of Western Europe and Mediterranean Sea
>Is preserved and used for educating new philosophers (aka pre-modern science scientists)
>Knowledge keeps expanding under different groups, cities, kingdoms, etc in Middle-East with knowledge from Far-East spreading to Middle-East including "Arabic" numbers
>Eventually returns back to Europe via Crusades boosting scientific knowledge to catch up to Middle-Eastern and Far-Eastern developments

Also
>Roman works
The only things the Romans were good at was civic engineering and military science (which was limited for MS really).

>Persia
>Not part of Medieval Arab lands

This is why world history should be a mandatory part of all middle/high school education everywhere.

They happened after.

They would mostlikely just be "who is that ?"

islam really can be very beautiful and a lot deeper/better than christianity. it's just that the same book has so much bullshit as well

they're challenging preconceived notions. just because a country is the land of the egyptians des it have to be ruled by an egyptian??

>not trade

fuck

no more being a religious oil prince who has my allies declare war on anyone who denies my deals

Mehmet the second?

> caring about muslim golden ages

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquest_of_Persia
wow such educated

I'm not going to pretend to be familiar with the religions of the world, but you could just look up the full list of civs and see if there are any others that should be muslim.

they always whining about Constaninople without knowing who brought it down

Are you saying a society that stays on top of scientific development doesn't wage wars or something? I'm missing the point you're making.

Everyone brought it down. West, east and north. Christians and Muslim alike. Even god/natural events and all come to agreement that "fuck that city and empire"

Still lasted a fuckton of years. People keep asking why and how it fell but the real question should be "how on earth did it last so long?"

yes

How did it fall? It just switched rulers to someone who wasn't a lazy fuck and proceeded to rek everyone's shit for three centuries.

I know it wasn't christian, but it was still an empire and would remain so until WW1. There were even christians living in it.

>Afonso I
He was Kongolese, he just used a Portuguese name
>Trajan
According to wikipedia his family was ethnic Italian although he probably had some Hispanic blood
>Girugamesh
He's apparently now agreed to be a historic figure

Giving the Arabs lots of camelry units has always been an anachronistic and inaccurate meme. I can't speak to the modern gunpowder age with TE lawrence and such, but before the modern age it was used by Arabs in vanishingly small numbers in a "Set piece combat capacity" compared to the horse.

What I mean by that is that in some livestock rustling/caravan raiding razzia they surely stayed on camelback because those razzias were more about noise and scaring people than fighting. But I have never found a single case of the Arabs fighting from camelback during the rise of Islam or well after it. Bedouin are always serving in an auxiliary capacity as cavalry or footmen. They use the camel for transportation, for utility, but not as a battlefield mount. I'd liken it to the Jeep, truck or blackhawk helicopter - yeah you might in a pinch do some fighting off it but you never aim to or want to.

By comparison I have found references to Blemmye/Beja Sudanese fighting from camelback, very explicit references to the Berbers using camels as a living barricade (Dismounting and making them kneel/hobbled to stop Vandal and then Byzantine cavalry. Worked vs Vandals. The Byzantines did the amazing strategic maneuver of dismounting..which promptly defeated the berber "Wagon-fort but with camels instead of wagons"), very explicit and 100% certain accounts of camels being used to mount a small 1lb cannon (Zamburaks).

Upper right corner's image, the graffiti listed as R depicts at some point and time (could be as late as 1600s or so, could be as early as 1000s) a camelry guy fighting a horseman. There's the famous Assyrian relief of a cavalryman assaulting two arabs on camelback but that seems to clearly be depicting a raid that has two bedouin trying to get the fuck out of dodge of their raided camp.

As for the Arabs in Civ 6 - their civ ability is pretty underwhelming. It's not a bonus, it's a failsafe. On higher difficulty settings with AI cheets I can see the value but on normal unless you are an idiot who intentionally gimps yourself you're not going to be too late to found a religion. I mean imagine playing byzantium in Civ5 and being lacksadaisical with generating faith. Fuck that, you're going to bee-line to generate it ASAP.

So while other Civ UAs has a constant utility (even Girugamesh will still have a few barbarians around mid and late game to sack), Arabia's is one-and-done and only there if you cock up.

Mamluk is neat and fitting.
Madrassa is good.
Saladin unique ability is good for a religion victory and conquering or building wide.

UA is fucking crap though

whats wrong with a kurd leading arabia
most of them are muslims anyway

We don't know Cleo's full ancestry and it's quite possible that she was part ethnic Egyptian mixed with Macedonian.

The UA is there so you can focus on other shit in the early game, and then suddenly explode with religion by building holy sites in each of your forty-eight cities you got by not having to worry about religion.

If religious beliefs/founder beliefs are not first-come-first-serve then the UA is useful.

If religious beliefs/founder beliefs are first come first serve the UA becomes a self-defeating liability:
-If you don't rush faith then you lose out on the essential beliefs and get stuck with last-call garbage.
-But if you do rush faith you lose out on the purpose of your UA.

Maybe with religious victory now a religion with poor beliefs will still be meaningful. In Civ5 if I was last call and only had shit beliefs I didn't even bother to try and spread my religion all that much.

>favourite civ is top fucking tier yet again
I love it

which one?

If you're going for a religious victory, having shit beliefs wouldn't be so bad to spread to the rest of the world

Actually White Christians loved Saladin while Muslims today like the Turks want to genocide the Kurds

>That's a nice golden age you have there, shame if anything were to happen to it

Based Genghis

>no 'rapist' unique unit that can spread arabian culture

Dropped

>inb4 there are more scientific religious bonuses and this is the most OP civ ever

Its funny how it was the European Christians who couldnt stop writing about how awesome Saladin was while his muslim allies disliked him and constantly tried to subvert him.

Heck. The Europeans gave the Kurds more respect than the Arabs ever did.

isn't she from ptolemy's dynasty?

Modern day England is ruled by a German with a Greek husband

Because he embodied the chivalrous ideals the European knights pretended to follow. It also helps he wasn't very blood thirsty unlike what followed after him.

Leave Saladin to me.

Did Saladin give you the meth you need?

>signed, muslim

Finally a REAL CIVILIZATION made by REAL MEN

How come they never use Abu Bakr like they did in civ 3 anymore?

no, but a bipolar who thought he was a muslim when he was hypomanic

You forgot that
>England is lead by a German

Never knew it was Ed Norton playing him till ages after seeing that movie.
He is such a good actor and did well as Baldwin the 4th.

how come a civ reveal thread dies so fast?

There's not as much to find out about the actual game from these reveals anymore, so there isn't much to talk about.

>Kurd
>leading Arabia
Really wasn't an Arabian empire

Buddhism shits on both though.

>Not being based Zoroastrian

What does it have going for it? Dualistic cosmologies are boring m8.

Sumeria was just 2 days ago and reached 500+ posts. Maybe people weren't expecting the release today and didn't tune in?

They're all here my man

ah jeez, I'm retarded

thanks

>One if the most recognisable breeds