Like a game

>like a game
>find out that Cred Forums hates it
>hate the game

>I stop liking things other people dislike to try to fit in

s.m.h OP

If random people online can change your opinion even when deep down you disagree with it, You are pathetic. FF XII is the best one. Gone Home is amazing. Mass Effect 3 is a good game despite the ending. Sue me.

wtf i love ffxii, gone home and mass effect 3 now

Pathetic

>tfw can't think 7 was the best FF game anymore

>like a game
>get mad at their shit taste

>like a game
>Cred Forums hates it
>make a thread about the game to get Cred Forums's opinion on it
>people both hating and loving the game post about it, pointing out its pros and cons
>thanks to that thread I have a more informed opinion about that game

>like a game
>find out Cred Forums hates it
>still like game in spite of Cred Forums's opinion

Half the time people only dislike the game because someone else on Cred Forums doesn't like it, so it's not worth changing your opinion over.

>Like a game
>Find out it has a really shitty fanbase
>Hate the game

>having taste THIS bad

This is actually worse than OP's

Sorry buddy. I run this shit now. You were born in 1968. Your first console was an Atari 2600. Your favorite Final Fantasy is the first one. You are a 48 year old virgin. If you disagree, You are pathetic.

Cred Forums's overrated and has shit taste.

I've seen people call Undertale "too tumblr". The fuck does that even mean? It's a blogging platform that's 50% teenagers and 50% bots?

>adapting the opinion of a bunch of edgy virgin nu male contrarian teenage hipsters

O-Okay

>things that never happened

It's called being a conformist.

What? Do I have to finish both S.T.A.L.K.E.R games? Do I have to play JRPG imports? Do I have to play everything with Mouse + Keyboard on the hardest difficultly? What the fuck is bad taste?

>tfw you know your taste is better than the taste of other people

I hate it when Cred Forums disagrees with itself, I really don't know which side to follow.

Like I really like Bloodborne because Cred Forums likes it but half of Cred Forums hates it so I wonder if I should hate it as well.

You should play it and see if you find it fun.

>anonymous person compliments you
>feel better than you do if a person you know compliments you

>someone says this
>ask him to share his superior taste

>conker
>demon souls
>super underground indie games

The half that hates it hasn't played it

You also have a dog named Jack. You say he is your only friend, But he fucking hates you. He knows you've been saving for the past five years for a 750ti. He plans to hide it when it arrives. He's going to to hide it in the one place you'll never find it. Your dog knows your house better than you do. How does that feel?

What is that game OP I want to hate you too...

>What the fuck is bad taste?
Bad taste is generally the inability to recognize glarring flaws and lack of quality standards of a product. Such as poor writing, self-defeating design decisions, lower quality production compared to other products in the same category etc...

But Conker and Demon's Souls are good video games.

This sounds awfully specific but I take it, I'm this person you're describing.

Prince of Persia
The two thrones was the best

Pokemon XD

>Gone Home is amazing

Why are you so insecure?

epic

So you hate every games but Paper Mario and Kirby Air Ride?

those are trash

>Gone Home is amazing.

people always freak the fuck out whenever someone likes gone home but it's actually a really cool game

>like a game
>continue having fun

>dont like a game
>find out that Cred Forums loves it
>shitpost at every thread thats made about it

spec ops is a shit game with shit gameplay. kys if you think its good

its good
im not killing myself
id rather replay spec ops

muhhhh feeeeels

>Gone Home is amazing.

funny comment guys

now say why you actually don't like it lol

Gone home is a game.
BUT it's a shitty game.
Doesn't utilize the main strength of video games, which is player interactivity.

You shouldn't let other people's tastes dictate your own, user. Every single game has flaws and every single game has people who like it and people who don't. You can acknowledge its flaws and shortcomings while still loving what's there. That being said,
>tfw love Uncharted
>tfw The Last of Us is my favorite game of all time
>tfw can't talk about them with the lads on Cred Forums because people will jump in and go out of their way to shit up the thread and ruin the discussion
It sucks, man.

>now say why you actually don't like it lol
Not them, but here is why I don't like it.
For a game that is entirely and exclusively about narrative, it fucks up just about every single aspect of it's own storytelling.
First of all, the environments are terrible. The house looks like a Doom level, not like an actual house, where somebody would actually live in. The layout is absurd, floors don't actually fit each other, there are void gaps between rooms, the whole thing does not actually fit a logical shape. There is desperate lack of attention to assets too: they are low-poly, featuresless and frequently re-used, even further detracting from the place feeling like an actual home of a family. In a game that is about learning about a family through exploring their home.

The narrative itself is pretty fucking terrible, basically on a 90's level. ABSOLUTE majority of the vital story points are told to you as a reward for clicking on random object and getting a fucking voice log materializing in your backback out of nowhere, spelling out anything you might have wanted to figure out yourself. You don't do detective job, you don't connect the dots: you click and a disembodied voice spells stuff out for you. It's completely inorganic and defeats the purpose of a small, non-linear environment.

The story itself stands on characters, except they are terrible. The parents in particular are clichés with absolutely no depth to them but ONE characteristic. The younger sister is the only character little depth to her, but even then she is a cliché bullshit about how nobody gets her because she is so special and unique. Main character does not fucking exist in the universe either, somehow.
The plot twist is predicatable and the red herring about the mystery is fucking pathetic attempt to lenghten the game because clearly the actual story was not capable of carrying it.

All in all it's a subpar story told in a very dull and uncreative way.

everyone else on Cred Forums hates uncharted 4 and pretends its bad when they rarely talk about it, but it's my favorite game..
the multiplayer is consuming my life

This has never happened to anyone.

but the majority of the story is told through the environment, though. sure there are plot dumps but the majority of the narrative is told in an at least somewhat interactive way.

>XDDDD
Kill yourself.

Player interactivity is a meme. I have no issues with games that have little amounts of player interactivity for the same reason I have no problem with movies that have zero watcher interactivity. It's because it's all just entertainment media, and it all can be enjoyed by me despite preset subgroups like video games or movies.

Don't even joke about that, some people here really do try and fit in with the Cred Forums hivemind

Honest opinion, not being contrarian or some shit.
I fucking love Dark Souls 2. The PvP on it is amazing. Sure' PVE is shit compared to 1-3-BB, but PVP is great. Iron Bridge is always fun.
As long as it's not Warped Curved Sword.

Actually the whole story is told through player interaction, that's a lot more than most games do nowadays.

gotta say I kind of agree on the narrative not being Gone Home's strong suit, but I can't say I noticed the house layout thing and I actually really disagree on the characters, they all have at least a little depth if you actually read through all the documents and context clues lying around the house. the dad especially has a whole subplot involving his failed career as an author that's pretty cool.

but holy shit this is the first time I've actually gotten a real response about GH

bad taste would not be when someone likes such games, but when they like those games more than similar one that are objectively better

Yeah, I get that the story is told thru the environment, but then again who really gives a shit about the story (other than SJWs). That kind of a thing was a nice touch and additional to Portal, but Portal also had very solid gameplay. People were not just playing Portal for the story about Apeture, the puzzles were the main selling point. A game should be able to hold up without a story, story is only the toppings.
>Player interactivity is a meme.
JUST

Cred Forums hates all games you spaz

Sorta happened to me with Awakening, it was my first Fire Emblem game and i liked it a lot so i was surprised when most people here were shitting on the game. Then i played older FE games and i understood the criticisms people had for the game. I still like Awakening but it's not my favorite FE.

I guess it must come down to different strokes for different folks. for the record, the way that it was told was the only thing that made me like the story and there's something to be said for that.

Movie games suck
But then again Cred Forums worships Kojima's crappy movies because they're weaboos

BTW charging 15 bucks to find out Ellie loves nigger pussy should be a federal crime

>Cred Forums likes a game
> I like it too
>game gets popular
>Cred Forums hates it
>I hate it too

>Cred Forums throws Fallout 4 into the dirt
>play it later
>really enjoy it