For Honor

No thread? I know the alpha is over but we can still talk about the best combat currently in gaming.

Did you sign up for the closed beta? What do you hope to see in the beta? I'm hoping for more available classes.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/523710/
science.nationalgeographic.com/science/health-and-human-body/human-diseases/smallpox-article/).
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hi ubishill

It just needs improved response time on everything. I react to block, but the game is too slow to register it.

>anyone who likes this game is an ubishill
Insecure soulsdrone detected, sorry a Jew company like Ubisoft managed to outdo your meme game.

Netcode could definitely be improved, but alpha is alpha.

Looking forward to some class reveals at some point.

There's no depth, once you get to highest level it's just circling back and forward, the person who makes the first move is at a disadvantage because it's so easy to block and parry. There needs to be chip damage.

>class reveals
OP just did it for you nigger. The classes in OP's pic are the classes available at launch.

Since its Jewisoft you can count on new classes being DLC in the future.

he means the abilities and movesets retard

WHO /LAWBRINGER/ HERE

Hold up fucker. For Honor is good so far, but it needs a ton of polishing before it can beat out DS PVP.
Backstabs and all.

I hope it doesnt have performance issues like the crew or assassins creeds

Halberds have been my favourite weapon in almost every game they appear in

Although Shugoki probably has some sumo shit so he's my pic

>he unironically thinks DS has good PvP
Holy shit dude

>trailer shows the Knights using smart techniques like half-swording and pommeling
>one of their classes dual wields

For what purpose?

>he unironically thinks DS has bad PvP
It's genuis. How could it not be good?

Peacekeeper and Orochi are the "nothin personnel" classes for beta weebs who don't care about historically accurate combat. The rest of the classes are for patricians who appreciate proper medieval fencing.

>le womyn warrior

It's a fucking mess of bad hitboxes, tracking and invulnerable frames?

For separate the kids from the adults

Warden is best until
Lawbringer proves hinself

>uplay

This will be the next Battleborn

Look friend, I'm a huge suls fan, I've owned every game and put hundreds of hours into each (yes even 2, I unironically like 2). And I've done my share of PvP. That being said, For Honor just blows DS PvP out of the water. Like it's not even close. It's much more realistic and true to actual combat than
>roll
>roll
>roll
>r1 spam
>r1 spam
>magic spell
>roll
>roll
I still love suls and of course it's the better game overall because of the PvE but let's not pretend here.

While it makes no realistic sense, but if she is fun i don't really care.

>black viking.
WE

>cutting clean through plate armor with swords
>(((proper))) fencing

This is exactly the kind of game you play for a couple of weeks until the novelty wears off and you realize there is no depth or skill involved.

>managed to out do
Lol, keep dreaming sperg

>Customizable characters
WUZ

What are you talking about? You can guard crush and grab people who do nothing but block and parry.

How is chest hair a black trait?

>he thinks glowing UI and circles underneath a knights feet is realistic
>weapon tracking looks unbelievable
>hasn't played Kingdom Come

>what is half-swording and pommeling
LOL?!?!?!?!

>black skin
>Cornrows
VIKANGS!

Probably...but the time you will play until then is gonna be fun as fuck

T. Guy that have a amazing time on beta

>Berserker
>Does not wear a bärsärk

Dropped

>sword cutting through plate

Did your box of lucky charms say that on the back?

There isn't any black skin, that's chest hair dummy. Also
>What is braiding for 500?

>he thinks UI has anything to do with the realism of the combat interface
Keep thinking that roll spamming is a realistic combat technique.
>Kingdom Come
Looks amazing, combat doesn't look as fluid and polished as FH.

>half sword and pommel are for cutting
lmao

Post Classes you'd like to see in-game. I'd also like to see a Spartan class.

>half-swording and pommeling aren't for getting through armor
>plate armor makes you invincible
You heard it here first folks. Any game character who wears full plate can't be killed.

Most likely true.

Aztec niggas

Are you blind?

are you?

Are you?

>combat isn't as fluid

Because medieval combat was "fluid" you say it's realistic combat yet it's weapon tracking and borderline easy mode. Don't use the word realistic if it is far from it. Sword cut clean through plate?

>women fighting in melee
>realism

IGNORE KEK DEVS
BOYCOTT KEK GAMES
DO NOT RESPOND TO KEK GAMING ADVERTISEMENTS

I said this to my friend and he went on an autistic rant about the "realism" of Aztec warriors against knights.

Shit would be badass 2bh. Fuck realism.

>plate armors dont have gaps
>grabbing near the end of the blade help me cut harder

You saw it here folks. Right off the website.

>Black Knights

Yeah it's not like Knights payed for all their armor or something like that.

>le sword cutting through plate meme
YOU HEARD IT FROM Cred Forums FIRST GUYS

ANY ENEMY WEARING PLATE ARMOR SHOULD BE IMMORTAL UNLESS YOU HAVE A PIERCING OR BLUNT WEAPON

DOESN'T THAT SOUND LIKE A FUN AND BALANCED GAME

>Implying the Aztecs couldn't kill a Knight

No? That Berserker is a black dude.

He's not actually black unless they've made him black for some reason, played as him in both alphas.

You can customize him to be black if you want though it's not by default

>''''''Black''''''
Are you for fucking real? Does a TAN make someone black now?!

The Vikings raided and traded as far south as fucking CONSTANTINOPLE. Does the VARANGIAN GUARD ring a fucking bell?! They're from Scandinavia, so you bet your fucking thumbs they tanned and burned heavily in the Anatolian sun!

You mean with that glass paddle?
You do realise that those were famously bad at chopping through conquistador breastplates - imagine a guy dressed in full suit

You show them user! Look at this black man trying to portray himself as a whire man.

>he thinks half-swording is for cutting and not thrusting through the weak points in the armor

No it sounds realistic which everyone that's shilling this game is arguing it's realistic. I'm sure those foot soldiers back in the Middle Ages told their generals that Knights were unbalanced.

Are we looking at the same person?Knights are dumbasses, he'd read a poem with his helmet off during the battle then BOOM!

The dude has the features of a black man?

>he laught at someone making the same points he wants to make

>posts a picture of a much lighter skin color

You proved your point well

What fucking features?

So how does the gameplay of this look like?
I just assumed this will be some shitty multiplayer that will die after a month and sell only to kids and edgelords.
Guess I was wrong since even people on Cred Forums seem to praise it. Anywhere where I can still sign up for beta?

Hi soulshill

HIstorically we know precisely what happened to the Aztecs when they encountered Spanish knights in plate. Do some reading user.

It will only sell to edge lords

Is this better?

This game is going to fucking suck. I'm not trying to get on your nerves, but it will suck so bad that Sasha Grey will buy it to learn her trade from it. Screencap this, it will happen.

My brother. REMOVE HEATHENS

Features of a black man? What features? He's wearing a god-damn mask that covers much of his face! And I've never seen a black man sporting a beard like that. It's a well-documented fact also that the Vikings braided their beards. Is it so hard to believe they could have braided their hair as well?

Those Spanish Knights cheated. They always do.

Why is the skin around his eyes white? Don't think they had heavy duty taning equipment back in the Middle Ages user.

There's a difference between realistic and historically accurate. Games aren't historically accurate because it wouldn't be fun and it would be incredibly unbalanced. People say Battlefield is more "realistic" than CoD even though running while shooting isn't realistic at all no matter what game you do it in. For Honor isn't historically accurate but it has more "realistic" combat than any other game right now, namely the fighting styles and stances.

Well you said the skin tone of the knight.was clearly that dark. Since he's not black that's the only solution.

I played the alpha and it was awesome so your post is discredited.

>once you get to highest level it's just circling back and forward, the person who makes the first move is at a disadvantage
Sorry to tell you that, but if this is what you think about the combat system then you are probably really weak

>running while shooting isn't realistic
if you are a thin manlet, sure.

what advantage is there in swinging first when I can easily parry you and give myself plus frames, do explain oh wise one

Just wait friend

Everyone knows Spaniards are the villains.

>bringing strength into the question
Running and shooting gives you no accuracy. It's why you don't see soldiers running around the desert like its CoD. They fire from cover where they can take aim AND be protected. There is literally no advantage to running and gunning unless you're in a Michael Bay movie.

He's not black you idiot, he's just dirty.

t. played the alpha

>the game will go from being awesome in the alpha to being shit on release
I don't think you understand how game development works

You sound like a mad fanboy of some other game that doesn't stack up 2bh. Do you play Kingdoms Rise by any chance?

But he is black.

You mean than any other "AAA" title right now

I don't think YOU know how game deelopment works. This has happened countless times already. They often dumb down the game for release.

>Raw guard crush isn't easy as fuck to dodge
>The window for teching grabs isn't massive

I said high level play retard, stick to dominion

>implying developers never ruin games that in alpha seem to be our dreams come true

Alpha doesn't mean shit faggot

Actually it would be to provide suppression. Nobody in the right mind would lift their head up to fire when the enemy is shooting right at them. No matter how inaccurate, it gives people time to take cover

The small battles and shitty.boring maps are going to kill the game.

>he don't know about throw, unblockable and feint

To please dumb half-swording fags.

t. never played a game in alpha before

Give me one example of an alpha being better than release. You're confusing teaser "gameplay" trailers with the final product.

Spore.

>Raw guard crush isn't easy as fuck to dodge
>The window for teching grabs isn't massive
You are shit, that's all.

Usually the people providing suppression are those that have a stable firing position and are in cover and not the people running in the open. Bounding overwatch.

Archeage.

IF ANY UBISOFT PLEB READS THIS, DONT MAKE IT P2P YOU CHEAP FAGGOTS, FUCKING PAY FOR SOME SERVERS YOU CUNTS, YOURE GONNA KILL THE GAME

War of the Roses
>nerfed every good weapon into the ground instead of buffing the weak ones
>constantly made everything slower
>made it harder to penetrate armour
>ended up being a wet noodle fight

Checkmate retard

>implying sword + dagger isn't a tried and true method of fighting and pretty much the only real use of dual wielding in history

read a book my man

>wahhh he says my babby game is too easy
>that must mean he's shit at it!

After watching like 9 hours of alpha footage im hype for the first time is a while. Saw some of the story campaigns as well, there are some sweet armors you will probably be able to use in customization. Cant wait till the beta

What if nobody is in cover? Do you just run to cover without laying out some shots on the go. You don't need to hold down a trigger to "run and gun"

It isn't supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be authentic

You posted a smug anime loli, I can't argue with that.

sure google beta signup you lazy fuck, gameplay is drop AF tho

No

Literal what game that no one cares about and didn't have the funding to be a good game in the first place.

The only kinds of games that go belly-up after alpha/beta are irrelevant indieshit titles that didn't have the funding to make the game that they originally envisioned

>implying a AAA studio like Ubisoft will scrap all the work they've done in alpha for no reason
The game will be awesome, please continue to be asshurt about something you don't like.

>Why isn't there hyper realism in this game where some evil war god thing transported cultures separated by centuries into an eternal battlefield

To be fair this user is right. That's why they invented parrying daggers in the first place and were coupled with short swords and such so you could out play an opponent

There's no such thing as cheating in the real world.

Man the argument you made about spore is impeccable! You should publish it.

You can, but I think more effective course of action would be to concentrate on rushing to cover, hitting fast moving targets is actually hard.
It's just that if your enemy isn't mentally challenged he knows how ineffective your fire is and how much of a sitting duck you are in that situation and just picks you off.

Spore is a great game.

You make generalities like if you are unbeatable just with the parry system, but you know that you can't win a fight with a strong opponent only with parry or you never have played the game. You are like those guys who tell that parry in Third Strike is too strong, it's just fucking dumb.

This thread is now tainted by the shittiness of your opinion. Sage'd the shit outta this thread.

Is it confirmed all those classes will be available at launch? If not it reeks of being cut and sold as DLC later. Since all the current trailers ONLY show the classes available in the alpha

What kind of world do you live in? Ubisoft is number one game fucker. Literally 90% of their games are garbage

>Best combat in gaming
>Not half the depth of a real competitive game
>Obviously trying to pander to the Souls PVP audience
>Ugly ass giant white circles and poor as fuck looking animations that will probably stick

Calling such a mediocre alpha the best combat in gaming when action games/fighting games/arena shooters hell its not even as good as what its emulating in some areas its just barely better then Souls PVP.

Its only good aspect is the 3 way parry block.

Feinting? Just bait the opponent into attempting to parry or block the wrong direction and then just fuck their shit up. Playing defensively is an option but it's not fool proof. Eventually you're going to have to be the aggressor.

Name a similar game that has better combat
>Souls
Joke-tier
>Mordhau
Ugly and janky animations
>Kingdoms Rise
LOL

>like you are unbeatable
>you have never played the game
I've played in 2 closed alphas and in the second one I had a literal 100% winrate in duel mode.

Anyone who's ever played M&B or a fighting game can tell you that this is baby shit, user.

>Rainbow Six series
>all Assasin's Creeds before Unity, not counting 3
I'll give you The Division and AC Unity/Syndicate

Like it said its just somewhat above Souls combat. But Souls PVP isn't good to begin with. Its like you took 3 of the fundamentals at most in a fighting game and made it into something. If you take Souls PVP or For Honor seriously it just means you can't cut it in the competitive genres those fundamentals are being emulated from.

Also be real the animations were ugly as fuck in the alpha and ubishit probably won't change then because retards will praise any shit casual game they pop out.

>implying I don't want to play an easymode game where I can feel badass
>implying I would ever play a fighting game where sweaty powergaming tryhards do absurd combos that they practiced for months to pull off
Kek

>means you can't cut it in competitive genres
Or because I like playing as a medieval warrior on a battlefield and not an anime waifu with huge tits shooting fireballs out of her eyes on a 2d plane. Yeah that's fun.

>implying I would ever play a fighting game where sweaty powergaming tryhards do absurd combos that they practiced for months to pull off

>this is the person arguing that the game is hard and complex
fucking lmao

>Cred Forums is one person
I never said For Honor is complex. It's fun.

should've clocked you weren't the same guy

>claims game is realistic with its combat
>can cut through plate armor
>gets butt blasted when this is pointed out as non realistic
Get fucked ubishill. Maybe you should read a book next time you nigger then you can talk woth the big boys

>combat has to be historically accurate to be realistic

Looks interesting, I would happily sign up, but Ubisoft.

guys... maybe... no game is realistic... because it's a video game... and maybe we shouldnt worry about that...

Anyway, enough of the meme ellipses. Basically, chill on realism. It doesn't matter. So long as a game is fun.
Though I personally also enjoy games that can potentially teach you true shit.
But yeah.
Game looks fun though. The UI is a bit much however.

Holy shit now I see why there's never any threads for this game

Le epic Reddit contrarians get triggered and shitpost because they see the game is made by le evil Ubisoft so it must be bad.

These are gamers in 2016.

There is chip damage, unless they play Conq, and you can spec your gear to focus on chip.

>swords cutting through plate is realistic
Don't confuse realism with historically accurate you fucking retard. Im not complaining about period accurate attire or some shit but how weapons realistically interacted with the protection worn. Again, read a fucking book nigger. The pick up a dictionary and read it again.

Ignore the butthurt contrarians. Let's actually discuss the game.

How do you feel about the Orochi? Overpowered?

Yeah im sure those vikings covered in furcloaks would stand a real chance against medieval knights.

Its fun. Wonder how the new classes will play. Im hoping this is gonna be good because Siege is still a lot of fun even a yeaf after release.

I hope the season pass will be similiar to siege

free damage for blocking is op

This. Orochi's deflect is garbage. It needs more risk.

user i imagine that your arms might get a little dirty being a medieval soldier on a battlefield.

Vikings wore chainmail hauberks, something worn in the medieval period you fucking retard

The raider has a bare fucking chest.

Good orochis can fuck your shit up. At best you can bait them into charged axe swing or something. I dont think they need balancing though

Wrong, he's tan.

It appears i was misinformed, however i still doubt that vikings would stand a chance against medieval soldiers.

Let's so hypothetically I gave a shit if that was a black guy or not. If your argument is that a black guy would not be able to afford armor and you are a butt mad racist who doesn't like character customization options why would you use that one as your example.

The lore states the Conq class are pardoned criminals, convicts given arms and armor and allowed to fight.

Ive never played it, but does it say which country the knights are from? Because i cant imagine there being many black people in central europe during that timeperiod

There were no black kniggers

I mean, they still would probably lose. Soldiers are just that, while vikings were really just good ol boys that fought each other. Tactics outclass brute force.

Or stop doing single heavy attacks they can parry and counter. You either gotta feint a heavy and go for fast light attacks, feint and guard break, or do a 2 hit combo so when the orochi tries to parry the first blow they get hit by the second. Easy

>He goes after Souls and not Mount and Blade
Holy shit you really ARE an Ubisoft shill

So its generally agreed upon that the knights would slaughter everyone if a scenario like the game happened in real life?

Why do I never see any webms of this game? I've literally never seen any gameplay.

Is this as good as Ed Edd & Eddy Online?

>He hasn't heard of Saint Maurice
He's the the negro version of William.

There's a website called YouTube that lets you watch videos of nearly anything. You just go to the site, "www.youtube.com", and type in "For Honor gameplay", and you can click on a video to watch it.

They lost most pitched battles so yeah. Vikings were a meme if not for 19th century romanticists no one would even remember them.

>webms

>he needs to get all of his gameplay videos from Cred Forums
You need to get off this site more user.

>no mace
why

I hope you're not implying vikings actually had this hairstyle. Thats show is dog shit.

>le vikings from muh varangian grd xD

I like how you ignored the fact that Rus and Saxons were also part of it

Game was real fun but its got no lasting appeal. After a few days most people will be bored of it. And orachi is the niggiest class ever.

I'm implying that they knew how to braid.

I haven't even gotten bored of watching gameplay videos of the same 4 classes for the past week.

Vikings sacked Paris in 845 AD.

>no lasting appeal
implying myself and others arnt gonna play the shit out of this game, learning every character, solo-dueling, looking for the best player we can to test ourselves on

I can see the argument for no lasting appeal but I think there's enough content to keep most people busy for awhile, unless you're some ADHD fag who only plays the campaign then gets bored.

Wow whole one decent military feat such fierce warriors.

Let's ignore when they got rekt the second time they wanted to sack Paris, avoiding France after Battle of Leuven, avoiding England for 40 years after losing near Jarrow, Stamford Bridge and Clontarf just to name a few.

They are from fictional country in fictional world. The factions are designed on what seems like a split of pop culture mythos and perception of the realword factions and trying to pull in some semblance of how the actual weapon would be used within the system they created.

There's probably a slight delay so everyone doesn't block every mixups. It would make the stance system pointless.

I guess they could have green skin then for all i care. Why does Cred Forums have their panties up in a bunch again, because a video game character has a tanned arm?

They sacked Paris 3 more times after that successfully.

>ditch the light counter and maybe make the havy one a tad bit faster
>don't make storm rush chainable and they have to charge it before launching it
>make their dash cover a bit less ground but faster

there, it's balanced now.

>"I like a competitive game that's easy"
>"i like the medieval setting!"

Why would I want to play as a samurai with a light saber that can cut clean through plate armor over a girl with tits that can shoot fire from her hands. They're both on the same level of realism

Cred Forums leaks into every other board, just have to tune it out.

It couldn't be because every single media industry is jumping on the "BLACK PEOPLE WERE THERE TOO" meme. Look at the shit battlefield 1 is getting for putting African Americans in before the french.

If you want to make a game based on a time in history, make it fit the time period. I don't give a shit if there's blacks people just make Zulu warriors or some shit. Don't make black Knights because that makes 0 sense

Because *aesthetically* accurate warriors on a free-roaming 3D battlefield is infinitely more entertaining than two people spazzing out on a 2d strip of land.

I think Storm rush should burn more stamina (that stays burnt if you cancel after running but before contact), the damage it does should scale to how long you charged it, you can't regain stamina while charging it, and if you try to follow up a storm rush hit with the double light overhead the chain is possible but isn't a free hit let them try to block it.

But there's glowing lights all over the place. How can you possibly like that HUD. Is there a way to turn it off? The setting looks great but that hud destroys the immersion

For fucks sake man, it's a fictional fucking world. The knights have as much in common with real world knights as the knights in Elder Scrolls.

Yeah and the red guard are from Yokuda. Not a recreation of Anglo-Saxon England

What are the chances that one will get into the beta?

Mordhau will blow this game out the god damn water

How do you plan on knowing what's going on in the battlefield if you can't fucking see anything? You need to be able to see points A-C, your teammates etc. You're sperging out over muh realism when literally every similar game is the same.
>it's ok when other games do it

And if you play as a Redguard you could still wear plate armor and wield a great sword.

>Ubisoft
Yeah I think I'll wait for Mount and Feast: Butterlord

>first person
Lost all interest. A pair of arms swinging around my screen is the least entertaining thing I can think of.

Realismfags ruin everything, news at 11

>judging a game based solely on the developer and not the gameplay
Neo-Cred Forums

>wanting and expecting realism in a video game
>a video game

Rising storm you can toggle the HUD you fucking chimp. How hard is it to toggle it so you see what happening for a moment and move on

>HIstorically we know precisely what happened to the Aztecs when they encountered Spanish knights in plate
Yeah, they fucking destroyed them. Seriously, go read some history books. There's countless letters of Spaniards who wrote about how violent, gruesome and horrible the combats against the Aztecs were. Do I need to remind you that Cortes himself was nearly fucking killed on numerous occasions, the most famous being La Noche Triste, where he barely managed to escape while Aztecs were slaughtering the spanish rear guard? And that he only manage to escape death because of his native allies?

Aztecs were no joke, user. The first combat were very harsh because Gunpowder and shit, also on some occasion (battle of Otumba) because of their horses, but otherwise, Knights in plates died like any other men. Also, a good concussion is a good concussion, plate or not.

If if wasn't for the motherfucking huge causalities due to European diseases (That wiped so many in a time so short that they weren't able to dispose of the body quickly enough to prevent further trouble, the disease that wiped nearly 90% of the whole population), the fucking Spaniard would never had conquered shit.

>Valkyrie
>man
Fucking Christ

>toggling off the HUD in a competitive multiplayer game so you can have muh realism
Stick to single player games

>implying rising storm isn't competitive
>implying a fighting game with weapon tracking is

Stick to those flashy lights user.

And this game blows that one out of the water.

store.steampowered.com/app/523710/

nah you're just a low skill shitter that has 0 game sense and needs a top down camera to function

Is rampant plague cheating?

fuck off shill

>le low skill ad hominem
No, I just like to see the whole character model because it looks cooler than a floating pair of Skyrim arms flailing around my screen.

Holy shit this looks bad

No but see here Ubishill, in Skryim you don't control your arms movements you just make a static attack, hence why chivalry system is far superior as you actually control your arms which provides a huge skill ceiling

Valkyrie class is locked female.

Nice strawman, I never said it doesn't take skill. I'm saying a floating pair of arms looks janky and stupid compared to a full rendering of the character model.
>you like a game that's mainstream, you must be a shill
Fuck off back to Rebbit with your fedora contrarianism, For Honor is looking like a solid game and you're just mad because a Jew company like Ubisoft actually did something right for once.

You should probably stick to MOBA's rather than melee gaming as it clearly isn't meant for you.

How the fuck is lock-on combat "doing it right"? Why on earth would you ever even consider lock on in a team game? QTE tier three way block system dumbed down from 8 because Kikesoft can't trust console players to be count past 4, really fantastic innovation there ubi. Damn ubi you added a mechanic that essentially doubles your health bar in 3v1 because its impossible to fight multiple opponents otherwise? You nailed it ubi!

>ubisoft

Not even once

you can change genders of all the classes, none of them are locked

>Berserker
>Not screaming glorious praise for the Blood God

Dropped.

It's estimated that disease only killed half of the Aztecs. Not 90%. If the Aztecs did destroy the Spanish, which they didn't, they still ultimately lost on all accounts.

user this has been known for a long time.

>Female only:
>Peacekeeper
>Nobushi
>Valkyrie

>Male Only
>Shugoki
>Berserker (Might be Warlord, can't fully remember. I know Raider isn't locked.)
>Lawbringer

This has been confirmed since the first classes were first shown.

Wrong, 2 are changeable and the other 2 are locked.

THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING STRESSFUL
i like the combat but it fucking gets my heart rate going
i don't think it's good for my health

You're talking like some kind of sweaty powergamer who's looking at it from a competitive standpoint and not a fun standpoint
>how is lock-on doing it right
Because not locking on (aka Mordhau, Skyrim, Mount and Blade, Chivalry) results in people swinging around while walking backwards and it looks janky and retarded. Lock-on gameplay looks more like a realistic fight when the characters are stanced and circling.
>block system dumbed down from 8
Because this is a casual game made by a causal developer targeted at a casual audience, not a game for fat PC tryhards hunched over a keyboard. It's supposed to be fun, not e-Sports. Fucking relax and learn to enjoy games instead of treating them all like a tool to flex your e-peen.

Warlord

Check again dumb dick. Half are locked. Kensei, Warden, Raider, Conq, Roach, and Zerker have gender options.

Lawbringer, Shugoki, and Warlord are locked male.

Peacekeeper, Valkyrie, and Nobushi are locked female.

Why don't you actually bother to check things before you mouth off.

>Lock-on doing it right
I completely agree with you. Non-lock on brings out try-hards that over complicate combat. I've devastated games in Chivalry doing nothing but properly timed left clicks while people are trying to do fancy stabs and parries.

>Fucking relax and learn to enjoy games

Hi Neo-Cred Forums!

>it looks janky and retarded
Mordhau doesn't feature backswings or reverses

Within 6 months.

Well thats retarded. There is no point locking some classes to genders and making others changeable

>Enjoying games is bad

Not that guy but you are nothing short of an atrocious faggot. The fact that 'Neo-Cred Forums' is in your post just furthers your faggotry.

>enjoying video games is neo-Cred Forums
Poetry.

That's probably intentional. It grants feints far more power than they would elsewise.

>Can't be a Valkyrie(Male)
>No thic Shugoki women
>Only good plate-boob will come from Warden

How stressful.

>don't enjoy games

No real explanation for it. It doesn't bother me much since I'm not an angry Cred Forumsack and I don't self insert as the character. If all the devs said was that they thought the design worked better one way or the other then fine, but my guess would be they just didn't think it was worth wasting time on.

>>Fucking relax and learn to enjoy games
>Hi Neo-Cred Forums!

This really is neo-Cred Forums

Enjoying games is no longer accepted, only shitposting, bait, and Cred Forums

I want Greeks farther than 'Muh Spartans'.

Gimme some Hoplites, Myrmidons, and Hypaspists, before the Spartans.

Isn't sword+dagger actually realistic?

>character customization is added into a game
>WTF!!??! I AM FORCED TO PLAY AS A NIGGER NOW??!!
Meme.

It's called google bro. Nigger is a Shakespeare era word

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!
You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, BLACKWASHING, HERE'S A PIC OF LE KANG WE WUZ, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes on the video games section of a god damn anime imageboard? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

Whoa man calm down bro, Kek loves you

Solid pasta

It's sub optimal but who gives a shit the game isn't out there to be incredibly realistic, just to provide enough variety for 12 classes

It helps add some consistency to the presentation, and I don't mind it as long as it doesn't feel forceful. I remember Demon's Souls had gender locked armor, and while it was odd I immediately noticed that obviously gender themed gear immediately lost significance and felt far less memorable in subsequent Souls games

Unless you're in an urban area, having a shield is far superior.

Do you represent your family in the game

Spartan citizens were Hoplites.

>ancient greek warriors vs european knights
I know this is stupid but i want this. Is this what fun feels like?

cool meme bro

post oper8ors

I just saw in the alpha all the classes you could play could be gender swapped. Was also watching some video where the dev said you can customize everything even gender. Assumed you could with all classes and wanted to try every class as both. I dont really care but its annoying arbitrarily removing customization options. Like limiting the colors allowed on certain parts of armor when there are no restrictions elsewhere (XCOM2 without mods etc)

Lookin good

I want beehive-throwers like in Medieval 2.

Agreed but being realistic here Spartans, like vikings and samurai are top meme warriors so that's probably what we're getting if ubisoft even adds more factions at all, the best hope we have is getting a mix of both

>the best combat currently in gaming.

Can someone explain to me how these meme warriors got their fame?

>game has a smallhead Chad artstyle.
Dropped. I don't want cartoony smallhead chad proportions, I don't need to be reminded I don't have calvin harris head-body proportions like I was in Fallout 4.

>Samurai
Weeaboos liked their sword and blew everything out of proportion on them. Unfortunately a bunch of those weebs tried being historians and barely regarded history.

>Vikings
The same thing but with Nazis.

>Spartans
300 blowing the Persian War completely out of proportion and making Spartans seem like demigods when in reality they actually did have some more support.

The bottom line is that Knights could curb-stomp them most of the time if we're using actual history.

...what?

>Valkyrie
>male

Sorry, I rewrite my sentence : of all the Aztec that died, 90% of them were killed by the disease and not by the the Spanish. (science.nationalgeographic.com/science/health-and-human-body/human-diseases/smallpox-article/).

That said, nobody is saying that the aztecs won, but saying they "were no match for folks in plate" and that they were "crushed like it's nothing" is bullshit. The combats were harsh as fuck, the aztecs did destroy big fucking chunk of european armies and won several major battle. They ultimately lost, but saying the Spaniard had an easy Victory is just plain wrong.

>Looking forward to For Honor
>Looking forward to Titanfall 2

It's been a long time since the AAA beast has held its claws in me.

Fuck off smallhead Chad. Go back to red dit.

Spartans have that "city-state 100% devoted to war" thing going for them. Ancient Greece was interesting like that.

It usually involves 19/20th century weeb writers who try their hardest to romanticize their meme warriors at their absolute very best

Played conquerer in the alpha, awesome class and super strong.

Definitely going warlord in the beta though. Snb is my favorite.

Warlord does have a pretty boss looking SnB combo, but that Shugoki kanabo is calling my name.

i really enjoyed the alpha. i was really hoping the sword play would have controls more like the old fight night games on ps2

right nwo feels a little bit like a masher but i hope they will tighten it up as the game moves forward.

i know its alpha but right now i just don't see how they are going to be able to turn it into a 60 dollar game.

I kind of imagine it stemmed from them thinking about what classes they could add, and coming across Valkyries and not being able to rationalize having the name but having males. Then they looked at their fatass Samurai design and realized it wouldn't work too well as a female without altering its skeleton, and so on. And so they gave up and decided to gender lock 50% of them.

Can someone tell me what combat looks like in this game? And I don't mean good or bad, I mean exactly what can a player do.

rus and sax are both white

the combat is throwing people off of ledges. that's it. that's the combat.

They probably didn't want the fat shaming shit show of making a female shugoki.

>This game makes it seem like glorious full bodied wymen can only be tank classes! That is not body positive!

Can you elaborate? What kinds of attacks there are? Blocks, dodges, counterattacks, weapons? Differences between classes, up and downsides?

there's all sorts of shit that I'm not gonna bother getting into. but at the end of the day people will most likely fight you near a ledge and throw you off of said ledge. all the time.

This game doesn't look fun to be honest.

Don't stand near the ledges then, or just counter guard breaks

Wow yet only two viking sieges of Paris are noted in history. Why is that so?

user watch alpha footage or the tutorial

Basically for the combat system you can
>attack and block in 3 directions - up, downleft & downright
>you can light attack and heavy attack
>you can guard break - which you can use to throw ppl off the map for an instant kill - low skilled shitters cheese this
>you can move cancel and feint
>you can parry/counter if you block/attack at the right moment
>you can mind game people - attack left 3 times in a row a few times so when the opponent expects you to attack left you attack right

Classes wield specific weapons and have their own play styles
>jack of trades
>heavy hitter
>counter attacker
that sort of thing

Go watch some youtube man

It actually is though

Nobody bothers to keep track of French defeats as they are so numerous

in the 1v1, 2v2 maps there's ledges every-goddamn-where and that's all people try to do. It's boring and tedious.
Any fight that takes longer than 15 seconds in 4v4 will end up with an enemy teammate rushing in and wrecking you. So going for ledge kills is very economical and practical and BORING and TEDIOUS.

>berserker looks like some pussy ass shit

What do you expect from mere mortals?

Stance based attack/block system, left right top stances. Match direction to block correctly, don't match to attack correctly. Light attacks and heavy attacks as well as unblockables, standard blocks and parries/counters, dodges and sprints. Guardbreaks and grabs, as well as teching guardbreaks. Differences between classes as usually they have some special abilities (like special moves) or innate abilities (like a longer or faster weapon) that make them more suited for different kinds of playstyles (fast paced attacker with easier counter-attacks, all-rounder with varied moveset that has good top defense due to one of his abilities, reach and speed with a guardbreak that stuns, etc). Has a kind of build system where you can change out armor/weapon pieces to change your stats, like how much chip damage you do or take for example. Has what essentially ammounts to a glamour system if you like the looks of something but like that stats of another piece of equipment. 4 classes per faction, 3 factions, half of the classes per faction are genderlocked with the other half being fully customizable.

Chigger Chagger NIGGER Dagger

Worth noting that those stat changes due to gear, in many cases, are straight upgrades. However they only take effect in domination mode, not in duel or brawl.

>It's not Knights vs. Vikings vs. Weebs

>It's Knight, Vikings and Weebs vs. Knight, Vikings and Weebs

I don't like this

Someone didn't play beyond the first game

Ah, thanks for that. Another thing to note is the game modes, 1v1, 2v2, and 4v4 domination with AI mobs and special attacks like an arrow storm or poison blades or traps. You can also cancel heavy attacks to get someone to block early then attack from another stance and in group modes you can revive downed teammates unless they were executed (a special animation that usually ends in a decapitation).

I don't either but I hope they add a comp mode for one faction teams onl

they'll probably add that in the future as DLC

Believe me, weebs would always win if they did that. At least if it was a dominion style thing where you could 2v1 people. Knights aren't invincible to shitty pig iron katanas like they would be in real life, and weebs are very spammy in-game. Not to mention the best defensive class since they can parry basically anything.

Be honest user. If I get this game, how
many weebs will be swarming the
Map. Or is there some kind of balance restriction on the classes

there may be a faction sort of game mode where you'll only be paired up with others of your group, but it makes little sense to have that in on the alpha where they're mostly just testing their server stuff and the basic mechanics of each kind of fighter.

When is the beta coming?

Sir you need to calm down.
Okay, sir- stop making a fuss.
Sir, I am authorized to use force if needed.
Okay you asked for this.

some classes also have deflect

this

>Valkyrie
>not a woman
No wonder feminists are so butthurt over this shit. Literally the one time that having a female warrior would have made some sense and they fuck it up.

It is

>VALKYRIE
>(MALE)

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>implying
two classes are gender locked, one female, one male, the other two classes can be whatever you want