Unpopular opinions thread?

Unpopular opinions thread?

>The first MGS has aged like milk left out in the sun
>JRPG is the worst genre, primitive RNG game play with moronic pseudo intellectual stories and faggy designs
>In general most games made before 1995 have aged like fucking shit
>This is the worst generation of consoles in my 26 years of life
>"Fun with friends" and "git gud" are piss poor defenses for a shitty game
>Competitive gaming is cancer, with no exceptions
>Let's Plays are cancer, with no exceptions
>99% of gaming content on YouTube is bullshit geared towards middle/high schoolers
>There is nothing wrong with DRM, provided it does not hinder your ability to play a game or damage your system
>Vidya themed clothing is for faggots/attention whores, no exceptions
>I don't think EA is that bad
>Valve is a contemptible company
>I unironically think Halo: CE - Halo 3 are great games
>I like every Assassins Creed game
>GTA V is a shitstain of a game that pales in comparison to its predecessors
>There's nothing wrong with diversity in video games (e.g. gay or minority main character) if it fits the setting, but if it's too forced or is too out of place then I agree it's unacceptable (like playing as a woman in a WWII game)
>Witcher 3 only won GOTY because it had no competition; it's an above average game at most
>Fallout New Vegas is the best 3D Fallout
>Nvidia is the Apple of the GPU market

OP is not a faggot

Here, have a sympathy (you).

Dark Souls is fucking SHIT.

>JRPG is the worst genre
>Vidya themed clothing is for faggots/attention whores

Shit opinions, but almost everything else is accurate

This isn't an unpopular opinion on this board everyone fellates NV

>unpopular opinions thread.
>OP post popular opinions.

Yes
Right besides a few series that massive minimize the RNG like Shadow Hearts and SMT games. SMT has some RNG as fuck bosses but its mostly optional shit.
Yes
Disagree because GGXrdR and KOF14 are great as fuck and BloodBorne was good SFV a shit though. Its still a bad gen though
They are but sometimes someone is just being terrible at games with no argument themselves.
Nothing is wrong with competitive gaming itself if you play purely for the competitive aspect. Its the all the hollywood drama and shitty esports marketing crap that ruins shit for people just ignore it
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
Yes
They are
Shit taste
Yes
Yes
No TW3 is average at best it just won because it was the Skyrim of its year. A shitty game that panders to the masses who eat up casual muh Tolkein worlds
Yes
Yes

>Unpopular
>Popular opinions past mgs1 aging like shit

Also your opinion Is shit OP,MGS1 still holds out today.

>Vidya themed clothing is for faggots/attention whores
>shit opinion
>implying this isnt true

Unless its something subtle, only then its acceptable

>JRPG is the worst genre, primitive RNG game play with moronic pseudo intellectual stories and faggy designs
>with moronic pseudo intellectual stories and faggy designs

OP.....

>JRPGs are the worst genre
>Muh RNG

Most JRPGs are designed around adapting to and building around a enemy/bosses pattern. There are exceptions where RNG just controls a critical point because of some horseshit "cough" will Hitoshura's bitch put someone on my team to sleep "cough".

JRPGs are fun when the games have more then 1 mechanic the whole time through. FF games are painful as shit because they just throw heal/attack combat at you and then give you a single mechanic that isn't even fun to work with. Atleast Shadow Hearts had a combo system that was enjoyable.

You just said my reasoning yourself. Subtleness is nice but otherwise shit.

Have one yourself.

But it is more of a pity (you).

Triple A games are too violent.

>Not "You kids get off my lan!"

Half of these are not even unpopular.

You are a cheap phoney, OP.

>Not using Cielo

I love Brawl.

I don't play shooters games, and Splatoon is my first one.

There are no bad games in Mario mainline series.Also, Mario is my favorite character and I play him in every spinoff game.

I can't understand why people hate RNG. Taking it seriously will only hurt yourself.

I prefer Sonic Adventure to Unleashed and Generations because it holds the best formula gameplay for 3D Sonic: platforming and speed with momentum-based physics. The only flaw is the boost pads "holding the hand".

I'm always optimism and I don't know if that's a good thing, since I can't find a game that's bad in all terms with no good things. The closest I can get is disliking a game, but think it has some good parts.

t. assblasted faggot

>>I don't think EA is that bad
>>Valve is a contemptible company
For what purpose? The worst thing Valve does is not make games, everything else is petty compared to EA actively shitting in the consumers' mouth every year.

>He plays Mario in Smash

Not even Ubisoft likes every Assassins Creed game.

Jrpg is not the worst genre only because visual novels exist

I did user. Weakness doesn't always mean he will get hit i had plenty of attempts where he just magically avoided it and i was fucked.

Still the strangest boss pattern in a SMT game to me. The idea you have to use Cielo and get put to sleep in the middle of the pattern just to survive a game over attack is weird as shit.

Not everyone would understand it but hey, that's a lot better.

What's the point of these threads? They just make me hate the average Cred Forums goer even more.

I prefer playing with a 4:3 monitor.

>There's nothing wrong with yearly releases if they can maintain similar quality
>I have nothing against censorship if it's to remove weaboo fanservice
>I also don't mind Blizzard getting rid of gg ez - shit talking on public servers is stupid
>Walking simulators and VNs can be pretty good games
>DLC is a great way to support a game after launch
>Undertale deserved the recognition it got, even if the fanbase is shit
>Dwarf Fortress would be immensely improved if it had some work put into its UI
>I like Battleborn more than Overwatch

>>I unironically think Halo: CE - Halo 3 are great games
>>I like every Assassins Creed game
Those are not unpopular, every casual retard thinks that way

You were right about everything up until the

>I don't think EA is half bad

After that, your brilliant input ceased entirely.

>They just make me hate the average Cred Forums goer even more.
Because they like what you don't like and think differently from you? Unpopular opinions thread would not have existed if people in Cred Forums learn to respect and accept that opinions can be different.

>Walking simulators and VNs can be pretty good games
I do enjoy those, but I wouldn't call them games.

linear games > non-linear games

Borderlands 2 was the worst game I've ever played.

Halo 4 was as good as 2/3. And it had the best multiplayer.
CE>Reach>4/3>ODST>2

Starcraft 2 was micro bullshit.

There has never been a good RTS beside AoE 1 and 2.

RDR is the only good Rockstar game.

Skyrim is better than Oblivion.

Goldeneye sucked balls.

no
no
no
i kind of agree but i see where your coming from
yes
kind of right
kind of right
yes
no
no
no
no company is perfect
yes
i don't like asscreed games
no
yes
it had competition
yes
yes

glad we cleared that up

Is AoE 3 any good? I bought the Gold Edition for 10 bucks at a thrift store over the summer but haven't gotten around to play it because of muh backlog.

I had fun playing it, but I never played online.

The story mode was alright. Like an RTS assasin's creed. Which, incidentally, is better than that sounds.

Also, full disclosure, I loved the original Starcraft/Warcraft II and even played a shitload of WC3, but it's all micro with Blizzard, and I wanted a game more about maneuver and resource gathering.

Stopped reading there

Bathe in bleach and die

I agree, and this isn't really an unpopular opinion
I disagree, MOBA is the worst genre, JRPG isn't even in the bottom 5
I agree
I agree, but the previous generation wasn't that great either
Those aren't defenses for a game, that is bait.
I disagree
I disagree
Duh
I agree
No, if you think anything of the logo someone has on their shirt besides "huh, I know where that's from," then you might be autistic.
EA IS that bad, but a lot of big companies are, so there's no reason to be a baby about it.
Sure
Yes absolutely
As long as you aknowledge that it's ridiculous how many they put out that's fine
In my opinion, every Rockstar franchise gets far better with every sequel, and I really can't see why you think that about GTA V.
I agree
No, it's a pretty stellar and groundbreaking game, even disregarding personal bias.
That's not an unpopular opinion at all...
Both AMD and Nvidia are pretty bad.

Now for my own unpopular opinion:

I liked Hitman: Absolution

>DLC is a great way to support a game after launch
DLC CAN be a great way to support a game after launch. Many devs for example use DLC just like they did traditional expansion packs back in the day, nothing wrong with that. There's also nothing inherently wrong with cosmetic DLC, such as character skins in ASSFAGGOTS and other multiplayer games, as long as it remains purely visual and doesn't affect gameplay in any way.

Day 1 DLC, preorder bonuses and similar shit that should have been in the base game to begin with can fuck right off though, as can DLC for multiplayer games that give you an advantage over people who don't have it.

Daggerfall was the best one.

>RDR is the only good Rockstar game.
>he never played max payne 3

Pretty much agree with everything you said except EA, competitive gaming, and I've never played mgs so I can't agree or disagree. Op is ok guy.

EA/Activision/Ubisoft/Konami/Square Enix are all roughly the same now. The only thing EA does worse than the others is buy out devs and IPs and sit on them without using them.

>Borderlands 2 was the worst game I've ever played.

I'm not even defending Borderlands here but this is objectively wrong.

>>The first MGS has aged like milk left out in the sun

>And old game has old graphics and a not so great control scheme, so it means its aged badly

youre a fucking retard.

Valve does plenty of scummy things too. Microtransactions in paid games, taking people's designs and selling them as their own, also the paid mods fiasco. EA for all their faults actually still put out games, and while its library is lacking compared to Steam's, Origin is a far more functional client.

The Spyro reboot was a good series

Xenoblade Chronicles X is better than Xenoblade. This includes the soundtrack.

That's exactly what it means you cum guzzling mongoloid.

>Valve is a contemptible company
>Witcher 3 only won GOTY because it had no competition
>"Unpopular" opinions

This thread is just bait.

>Call of duty Blops 3 is the hardest big name fps out there

Seriously with all the double jumps, slides, wall runs, and other shit happening its so fucking hard to hit people.

Fuck overwatch for being such a shitty game

PC games are awful. Most of what people play on PC is console leftovers.

I love motion controls, and they deserved so much better. Instead of the Wii U, we should have had a better version of the Wii, now that the Wiimote technology improved.

I want to see more creativity through motion controls.

Also it's a shame that the Wii didn't have commercial success with the hardcore market because the lower budget required to produce its games as well as the gimmicky control could have given use very unique experiences.

>lumping Square Enix in with those other companies
At least Square Enix has divisions other than FFXV that actually care about making fun games. Those other companies literally have jack shit.

They tried as hard as they could to fuck up Mankind Divided. It's a testament to Eidos Montreal that it turned out as well as it did

>implying baby boomers play video games

Nice meme OP

Consoles are obsolete when you can flat out use any controller you want on the PC.

Any game genre is therefore better on the PC since you have every control scheme available unlike the DRM box

As a metal gear fan I agree.

>>JRPG is the worst genre, primitive RNG game play with moronic pseudo intellectual stories and faggy designs

Now days yes but early JRPGs had a ton of western influences, hell OG Final Fantasy was a D&D ripoff.

>>In general most games made before 1995 have aged like fucking shit

In general yes, but as i bet the thread I have yet to read some one has a handful to argue with.

>>This is the worst generation of consoles in my 26 years of life

Lol no, Gamecube generation did nothing noteworthy that hasn't been done better else where.

>>"Fun with friends" and "git gud" are piss poor defenses for a shitty game

Couldn't disagree more, I hate fighting games because I'm bad at them, they are not fun to me and I need to git gud. Street Fighter 2 turbo is the only exception. And games like Rock Band or Guitar Hero are just dog shit unless there is a full crew playing.

>>Competitive gaming is cancer, with no exceptions

If its not your cup of tea then fine but you just started that as fact.

>>Let's Plays are cancer, with no exceptions

See above.

% of gaming content on YouTube is bullshit geared towards middle/high schoolers

AND? 90% of gaming up till the modern generation was aimed at middle/high schoolers.

>>There is nothing wrong with DRM, provided it does not hinder your ability to play a game or damage your system

Agreed, only pc mustard face bitch about drm.

>>Vidya themed clothing is for faggots/attention whores, no exceptions

Agreed.

>>I don't think EA is that bad

No worse than Sony, Microsoft, Walmart, MacDonalds.

>>Valve is a contemptible company

Shit agreed, sucks its one of the only ways to get PC games.

>>I unironically think Halo: CE - Halo 3 are great games

Agreed but this is Cred Forums so, reddit reddit reddit cuck fag.

Ok I agree but I still have to argue.

These are some garbage opinions.

The original Starcraft is one of the most massively overrated games ever.

New Vegas has better writing but is still clunky, glitchy garbage so it's on the same level as Fallout 3 really.

Skyrim was the best Bethesda-published open world game, and by quite a wide margin too.

Every Borderlands game released so far has been fun and the writing, while not great, isn't anywhere near as bad as most people make out.

The Souls series has become completely worn out at this point.

Most of the people who bitch the loudest about DRM are just people who want to pirate easier. Unless DRM is preventing you from playing your legitimately purchased game or is otherwise negatively impacting you as a legit consumer you've got nothing to complain about.

Tying into the above point, pirates in general are some of the most annoying people in gaming discourse. It's flagrantly obvious that the majority of them are people who have no income / ability to budget properly, but feel entitled to new vidya regardless. The only excuse for illegally torrenting games in my eyes are if the game's literally unavailable otherwise, such as if it's old and out of print.

That new Zelda game that's coming out has basically cast away the series' identity in favour of becoming yet another open-world RPG game, ie one of the most overcrowded genres of the last half-decade or so. Additionally it'll probably be no better than most other games in its genre. Nintendo fans will fellate it regardless.

The current console war is basically a phony war. When it comes to titles and capability both the PS4 and Xbone are frankly close to identical. As such there's no real winner at this stage, only a loser, that being the Wii U.