A Zombie's life is hard

A Zombie's life is hard.

One Way Heroics Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OgYj2hLYCPs
ylvania.org/en/elin
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:23479
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is using the x3 exp gain campaign maps cheating?

is there a list of quests in MC:OWH yet? been trying to do the demon lord one but have no idea what is happening, other than the fact alma disappears

They always have downsides no? I'd say not at all.

What?

I don't think so but for Demon Lord in MC just keep going right after taking that quest and every so often you'll get a message and a point on the minimap for someone to talk to keep progressing.

Does anyone like the Ult Student class? Feels like you are fucked when you lose your gun and never found a replacement, otherwise it's pretty good.

>never have enough weapons
>at 0 energy most of the time
>never get any food drops
>never find any towns
>never get items ID when I need them
>miss like 5 90% hits in a row
>get swarmed by enemies
>running always only makes more enemies chase you
>this is just on hard

Feels like 70% of the classes aren't viable on anything other than normal desu.

Your luck string tells me you are about to get hit by lightning at any moment, I'm sorry.

You can open vault. The game is balanced around it. Otherwise Force User should be given 2x heroic points at the end of the run because how fucking hard it is to use that class without any vault items.

For the food problem I'd also say take the Force BBQ, worth enduring the weight of that thing when you finally run into a couple of raw meat, hunger problem solved for a while.

If playing MC, luck into a Mandagora biome and no food worries for ages.

>is there a list of quests in MC:OWH yet?

What, you mean for class unlocks or are you talking about something else?

>If playing MC, luck into a Mandagora biome and no food worries for ages.

Don't Bug Emperors spawn in those biomes or something?

>try to run away from someone
>aggro enemies across the entire map

Why is half-beast such an absolute shit class?
What's supposed to be it's strength? That one time charm monster skill that you end up saving anyway in case you meet someone stronger? Not worth the enemy aggro

I would love to run into that at this point, been playing 100 hours and still have never even seen that.

EDF EDF EDF!

I have the original, never played it much. Should I get the newest one?

I'm so confused, my best run has been like level 20 with killing the demon lord, yet every screen shot I see is like 70+???

Easier time leveling because you don't have to find enemies to kill or something, I guess?

It's more of the same, if you didn't like the original you probably won't like this, unless the weeb overdose of the remake appeals to you greatly.

Don't kill the demon lord?

How unique do the classes feel?

But even then im at like 300-400km at level 20 and people are at 70+ at 600? I feel like i'm missing something here.

One of the Current Campaign worlds in MC right now is Olga's. Grab her for 1 Charisma and get her Epilogue so you then never have to bother recruiting her again, THE WORST NPC.

>accidentally use bomb instead of throwing it

>Doesn't Attack
>Shit HP
>Benefit supposed to be telling you Town Locations and even that can fail a lot.
>Still steals 20% of your EXP like all the other NPCs.

Why?

Handle Explosives with care m8.

Pretty sure that is even an option just for laughs, I don't think you would ever want to do that on purpose and they do know to remove "use" from other items like lv potions.

Kill everything.

Does damage done to Alma carry on between encounters?

DISHONORED

How do you unlock Zombie?

Is this better than the original owh
Like, by what margin?

torrent when

Did you walk into the Darkness? How do you have negative assets?

for
It carries over in the original games, and the demon lord would heal a little and regain some of the depleted barriers with each reappearance.

Probably, yes.

I was just about to talk shit about Ranger and how they are good with bows but don't start with one or arrow making skills and their shit ass trapmaking skill, but damn their Ranger Paint skill is noice.

It's like invisible but not tied to a single day / no energy costs and gives you a massive EVA boost.

One of the methods is clearing 12 campaign (online) worlds as 12 different classes, potentially other methods but I don't know.

What;s so bad about trap maker skill?

Borrowing too much from the dimensional vault / spending money in the castle and dying too early causes your asset rating to go into the minus.

I thought exploring that dungeon right next to the castle with a lv1 tourist was a perfect idea.

I think I spoke too soon about that too, I can one shot anything (except Alma) with the Explosive/ Hunger Traps can't I?

I have no idea how that skill works, but Hunger traps do seem to oneshot enemies for whatever reason when I see them.

Is 1.05 the latest version of OWH+? If not, can anyone share a link for the newest one?

Says 1.25 on my Steam account.

Once per day you can make 1~3 traps for 0 cost.
The same traps you can sometimes pick up, so weight included etc, can also be sold to merchants for nice money.

I have the orignal(?) OWH in my steam library. Decided to play a quick game and it seems fun. Should I just buy the new one?

the OWH+ first, most people seem to enjoy it more

any way to get the updated version if I'm a pirate?

Pretty sure higher difficulties give more EXP.

Is the playstation version of this any good?

What's the difference between + and MC?

what is this game

rebalanced mechanics, a couple new party members a new superboss, new world generation stuff like different countries with borders and different races and customs.
and other stuff that i am forgetting

MC has this, OWH+ doesn't!

Mechanically OWH+ is pretty much better as well as much better music, MC has more content overall and very animu, the later being a plus or minus depending what you like.

I dont understand why people keep saying + is better when everyone agrees MC seems to be same game but with more stuff.

I dont even have either game, I've just noticed this pattern.

better mechanics is a pretty big deal
plus MC lacks a lot of the charm of the original

What sort of mechanics?

Don't think I've ever seen an ambush this big before.

This game is 4 years old?

How come people talking about it?

Some guy who likes it has been starting threads lately.

Maybe a shill. I dunno.

Its a good game though, I dont mind.

I like to bully fairies with dialogue options

a remake just came out

gimme a good world name boys

Do you get something for maxing out Olga's friendship, like a skill? I've been going on for about 1200km now but I don't know when I should stop.

A lot of Reviews on Steam explain this in depth, but pretty much shit trap mechanics, forced twitter multiplayer AND it's worse than the original, PVP exists but no one plays it (and I don't mean you can like go on and find 5 people or something, I literally mean no one) removed dialogue options from NPC buddies, 30 FPS and "enemy turn" stutter compared to 60FPS and no "enemy turn" stutter.

Dryinpan

I dont know but what I did find out is if she dies she gives you some good expensive shit at least, wonder if it's based on friendship or if I can just recruit and get her murdered.

Mystery Chronicle just came out a few days ago, but it is a year old release in moon land on Vita.

I'm guessing that's a no

Shit, I guess that means there's little hope for patches that fix the issues its got.

gay earth

How bad are the balance issues to a dedicated player? Are they worth overlooking or should I stick to +?

Anyone want to explore a world together on OWH+?

It depends? I dunno man if you really like OWH+ and you just want more I would recommend MC, otherwise I would say stay with +.

Post world name?

Is that all the lewd or there's more?

There should be one more lewd portrait for the human Hero skin, then everyone else is just scantily dressed.

YOU GOT CAUGHT WITH CHEESE PIZZA ON YOUR HARD DRIVE AND NOW THE Cred Forums PARTY VAN IS COMING TO GET YOU

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN OR YOU'LL SPEND THE NEXT 10 YEARS GETTING RAPED BY BUBBA

2 more.

I bought this game when it got released, played it, was absolute shit.

Is it good now?
What changed so much to make me play it again?

The first zone is a snow field but at least the next one isn't a volcano.

Why did this game become so popular from a day to another?

What is it? A roguelike? Why is it fun?

Anyone mind uploading their OWH+ folder somewhere?
I have an old version and can't find the latest for download

Looking at wikis and shit, there are 9 more classes in MC than plus? I'm a big sucker for class choice so MC appeals to me more in that sense. Is it really shittier mechanically though? Do classes feel different?

>Guts
Friendly reminder that Berserk went into hiatus again

WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THE HIATUS HERE

Holy shit I looked at the picture and thought this was a Elona thread.
Fuck

And just before Casca was getting back

Which of these do I want to buy

One Way Heroics, One Way Heroics+, or Mystery Chronicle

you = massive weeb or normalfag
>mystery chronicle
you = Cred Forums mad drone
>one way heroics+

>can't find Mila's dad
>Enemy berserker +5 on a lava bridge
This world is screwed up

Nice.

Would I like this if I like OWH+?

a list of the quests for the class unlocks, yeah.

just finished the demon one, pretty straight forward but damn was that long, fucker didn't show up until 1300km in.

Isn't Elona coming to Steam too?

Yeah, it's supposed to be ported here sometime.

>Why did this game become so popular from a day to another?
They just released a remake/sequel

>What is it?
a video game

>A roguelike?
yes, it's not very traditional but even the autists at /rlg/ consider it one

>Why is it fun?
It's mechanically solid and pretty simple while still being challenging

basically the world is ending and you must race to unfuck things while a big fucking thing eats the entire world behind you

I forgot how expensive stark needles were.

Elona or Elona+?

Will we get to transfer our saves over?

Main Elona, though it might be merged with/feature improvements from Plus, who knows for sure.

Hey, at least it's being developed again.

F

What's with all the threads recently?
Isn't OWH and OWH+ old as fuck?

Does OP's pic look like either of those?

A bit?
Did they do a remake or something?

IIRC the only patch the Vita even got that touched the game it self was making rust traps better (they were even worse in the past lol) the rest was DLC and bug fixes.

Those elf villages are hell for non-climbers.

>tfw we will never ever get the Fist of the North Star DLC class due to licensing issues

Fuck it I'm using the vault!

isn't that just swordmaster + 4 prowrestlers?

Should have brought a magic bridge.

I honestly have no idea what it was supposed to be like.

>using the vault

Is there a reason to play OOH before playing OOH+?

>have Olga since the start
>2010 KM now
>affinity still only at the point of 3 talks

>Memoria doesn't show affection points anymore

Why is she so useless, you can't even equip her.

an entire staying up on Cred Forums VIDEO GAMES dedicated to stupid weeb shit.

Not really

I think that's as far as she gets desu.
I've stopped at 1200-ish km and got her item.

too bad it was a loaded save after I've tried to see if I've finished at about the 700km mark and I couldn't open the vault anymore

What is this game similar to? Is it like the old Exile series?

whats the point of getting the op companion weapons if you aren't going to use them?

how do you unlock the other castle residents?

what different "types" of campaigns are there?

>I think that's as far as she gets desu.
>I've stopped at 1200-ish km and got her item.

MFW

Thanks user.

Easily stocking up the vault with holy items and cheesing achievements with Hero Prowrestling x5.

I just put everything in there for collection. 90 spaces just isn't enough, I hope MC's vault is buffed. To 999 maybe, since they seem so fond of that number.

You unlock them by scrolling over them and reading. The game literally tells you what to do.

Don't really understand your campaign question, the random online worlds with different bonuses and minuses?

who else is playing in the world "vidya"

People are already playing in the world PARTYVAN

>step on a tile in the middle of a volcano area that looks exactly the same as the entire rest of the screen
>it was a land mine that does 150 damage and kills me from full health

nice game

pls respond

Never played Exile, so I can't say. More or less, it's a simple roguelike with a wall of death.

o shit

What are the blue and red bars at the top of the screen in OOH+ that keep decreasing and resetting?

Why do you keep calling it OOH?

The two bars are for the online feed.

You must of been carrying explosives, my health has only ever been dropped to 1 minimum from mine traps from the floor alone.

Because I'm stupid? What is sin punishment and why is it 1? 1 what?

Why does the game want me to give up 5 levels to save the game?

>saving

Wil this officially come out or is Limited Games the only way to get this game?

Because you have to pay something to save.

>download trainer from cheat happens
>breeze through the game
wew lad
that was fun

So which version of One Way Heroics should I get there's like three of em?

Not only saving, but ALT+F4 in case of deaths so I don't get a rating before finishing.
Oh and I use the vault too.

Deal with it.

OWH+ is considered mechanically superior but MC has more content. You can do OWH+ first and then MC later like most of us.

Oh, also, OWH+ is an expansion to the original OWH, so maybe just get the original to check things out first since it's pretty cheap, and then get the expansion if you decide you like it.

What is this game?

OWH+ is the best version of the game, and damn cheap too. Requires the base game I think though.

Thanks

What is this game?

Sidescrolling roguelike with a hunger system

This game reminds me significantly of Shiren The Wanderer.

You can use the stone you get for one free save.
Also saving at Elves/Dark elves NPCs. You can also buy more stones from them.

Hmm.

Same devs.

Same company.
They even have the wanderer class and some monsters as NPCs in the castle.

So Alma's EN VA is the same person who sang MGSV theme song.

WOAH HOOO

Thanks for the warning.

How big of a hit is 20% eXP lost?

20 %

I mean besides the obvious it's not that bad if you plan to end a run before 2000KM but otherwise I wouldn't take NPCs that won't pull their weight for what they are being fed like Olga, Nami, Keyton or Soldier D for things further than that.

I'm playing both and I like both a lot. The mechanical weaknesses in MC are not hugely apparent. They're there, but they're not gonna ruin it.

On the bright side you can be an animu tit girl.

The shit PC performance kinda sux,

Almost every nip roguelike owes something to Shiren. MD gave nips the roguelike genre, and everything from Elona to Sorcery Saga to OWH borrows from it instead of the fiddly stat bloat of western roguelikes.

Then the Shiren folks bought OWH and made a remake of it, so now it's REALLY close.

Does Dark Lord/Alma keep level ups on respawn? If I throw the townsfolk between us to save myself, am I going to regret that?

I'm pretty sure they keep everything, so Health, Title, Levels and Barriers regen a bit.

I think the levels go back to what they should be when despawned. They just keep about an average health, I think.

>Merchant old bitch wants to go to El Dorado and do business to become rich
>when nobody has ever heard of el dorado or ever goes there

Well except for Shiren but when he got there there was just some gay demon and a bird.

Jewswine?

Whats the PC performance problem?

Frame rate and general game speed are bad. Frame rate is bad enough to irritate you visually. At least frame rate is ass on my computer, which is not a slouch.

Game performance seems slow on ALL builds though.

5 levels to save is just a random chance freebie that the game sometimes offers.

It's not a BAD deal but it's seldom one you'll be tempted to take.

Specially when there's that emergency save thing that you can use

Is that still in MC?

Ah, good point. Dunno.

What do saves even do? Just let you continue if you quit? Theres still permadeath right?

Wait, is that Kurumi Souma and her mother? What is the meaning of this?

>Olga seed is ruins and drylands
>no fucking food anywhere
EVERY SEED IS A BAD SEED FOR A FORCE USER.

You can reload if you quit. You can come back later if you have to leave.

The game penalizes you for saving, and except for distance runs, the game tends to end too quick to need to save.

That said, if you get scored on a run, as in you die and let it reach the score screen, you can't reload and get scored again that run. But you can alt+F4 from a bad situation and reload.

So technically permadeath isn't forced, but you get a better score for treating as though permadeath is a thing.

The dimensional vault also knows what saves have access to it or not.

Does the game penalize you every time you save, the first time you save, or every time you load a save?

It penalizes you if you save once, then again if you save more than 5 times. I don't know if it penalizes you further after that.

Olga is a shit companion but her story dialog is a hoot. Much better than Keaton's barely intelligible half-translated mess.

Doesn't care about save loads. Just save quantity.

>use a hand cannon to blast open a dungeon like a big XP pinata
>skeleton archer emerges unscathed
>steps on landmine right outside where dungeon front door used to be, dies
This fucking game

Better him than me though am I right?

It's all fun and games until a dragon stops fucking around and just sets you on fire.

>Dumb Elf

RIP

Also,
>Bathed in Oil
>fighting a dragon

What were you thinking?

I wasn't! Hoping it'd spam regular attacks since I Folding Fanged it. And I wondered where that damage spike was.

Need to pay better attention to enemies, some asshole Oil Slime spammed that attack on me beforehand.

>Bathed in oil
All you needed was an Elzite bomb to be the ultimate fucking idiot.

At least I had the right name for that boneheaded play, user!

>not a Super Elzite Bomb

You got that right.

am i fucking blind or do you have to unlock the vault to access it in the actual map?
i can only put shit it in and cant take anything out except after a campaign
do i have to upgrade the castle to get access? cause thats bullshit and im playing offline on my vita and its nearly impossible to get more than 3 dream stones a campain and most shit is 40+

>Tfw best girl is gone

You have to talk to a girl near the east exit of the castle to access your vault.

its Donna Burke

this game seems fun, which game should I buy?

If you're new to the series/uncertain if you'll like it or not: OWH.

If you're new and want all the content available/know you'll want more: OWH+.

If you've played the hell out of both and still want a unique twist to enhance scratching your itch and can overlook some possibly glaring flaws: MC: OWH.

I hate playing Sorcerer

Have you considered not playing them?

do you get a point penalty when you accept gifts from ghosts?

Yes.

Don't think you did in the original, don't know about MC.

Once I finish this run.

Though I'm about to give up and just do it on easy.

No you don't, it just mentions you did it. Unless they changed it in MC.

But that'd just be another stupid change.

You niggas should press F4 to play with a bigger screen.

Original resolution is fine.

Who is the booby lady in MC:OWH that is Swordmans class C?

The slut that evaluates you on treasure hunting.

>that Olga ending
that was worth the effort desu senpaitachi

tits

What do you get from the ending?

>Basically every Type C class is a NPC recolor
Why is MC so lazy with their Type C class art?

The item is apparently a rereadable scroll that increases your WT.

The epilogue story doesn't work if I spoil it but it's about an old lady who is chasing her dream and won't let even fallen angels and death walls stop her.

It's sappy but I liked it.

>Throw a brainwash potion at Alma
>She gets mad
Whelp

Only 10 out of 25 are.

Brainwashing potions aren't the equivalent of buddy tablets, yeah. They're brainwashing drug.

Guys, please pay the toll.
I'll give you a souvenir.
Guys, please.

Yeah I assumed that it wouldn't work but I wanted to try it.

Oh no, the toll collector collapsed, and you're now a criminal.

What bullshit. Should I be grateful they don't respawn and decide to oneshot me?

dunno if this is random or not, but the one time I paid the toll i actually got a +HP gem from the guy.

was looking at grabbing this just now, do I just skip plus and grab mystery chronicle or am I supposed to start somewhere specific.

Is this RPGMaker?

Which version of this fucking game should I buy?

You niggers better not be shilling

I don't pay for my vidya. Why would I pay a toll?

OWH+ = old reliable classic
MC:OWH = new animu titty remake that's not quite as reliable but it is newer

I bought both at the same time and am playing both and like both.

no, it's good.

Most of time they give good shit.

what kind of differences actually stand between the two then? I could just look it up but your description raised some questions.

>[Hairy] Skeleton

Olga is one shot by literally everything. God this is frustrating.

also just seeing on steam the bundle doesn't include plus?

No, unfortunately.

well that's silly, but either way so it's worth playing the original plus version and this new one?

What seed are we doing tonight?

OWH+ just runs quicker and smoother and the UI is just perfect. MC:OWH is slower, lower framerate, jerky all over and has like a half dozen really dumb UI changes that are flat negatives from OWH+. The functionality is still there, but it's a pain.

MC:OWH adds random roguelike traps that annoy people. Companions are weaker in MC:OWH but I think you need high CHA to scale their damage up. Some "top men" are doing nerd discussions about this on the forums, but it's a roguelike not friggen Etrian Odyssey. No good lab to test late game play.

MC:OWH has more new classes, rewritten plot, more new content. More anime tiddies. More dual-language voice acting.

Really, I'd say flip a coin. I like both versions equally and I like the differences too.

Bundle appears to not include Plus. There's little reason to get the original except to test the water before you jump to Plus or jump to MC:OWH. On Steam you need original OWH to get Plus as Plus is DLC. I think Playism sells Plus separate but only fags use Playism.

There's a separate bundle for OWH&OWH+.

Are you on Normal or Hard?

She has three conversations. And there's no hint that the third is the last except that she and the fairy seem to have warmed to each other. I think I got the 3rd around 900km.

Swallow your pride and SAVE. This isn't a tough seed but you are carrying a monkey on your back.

SP197JG, a world the Gods made, where nations fight for supremacy...

nani?

ah thanks for the information then, and I looked it over and it's cheaper to buy the one way bundle then get plus seperately rather than get the plus bundle then buy the new one, by 30 cents so it still doesn't matter I guess.

based spike

exactly.

Can't you just get both bundles for both discounts?

I AM HYPE
I LOVE BOTH ELONA VANILLA AND ELONA+

GOD BLESS NOA AND ANO

oh shit I forgot you can do that. comes out to 17.97 so you save like another 66 cents doing it that way. might as well grab it before I'm broke

But don't you end up with two one way heroics base games?

I wish there was a site with all the details on each class compiled. I don't want to have to gather info to do my minmaxing.

steam just acts lets you buy the one you dont already have at bundle discount. so time to jump into this game. someone bitched about the controls earlier. what kind of issues does it have.

Oh, thanks. I didn't know that.

Does the dragon actually get with Memoria? I ragewon before getting his epilogue once he started hitting on her.

Your waifu is taking hot dragon dick, and you're going to watch it.

I don't know, I didn't actually finish it yet.

>be royal heir and savior of the earth
>two female caretakers that knew you since childhood
>both end up fucking someone else

The NTR level of this game is honestly off the charts.

Who the fuck approved these fucking Skeleton Archers
Fuck

They would be fine if the knockback was 50% less hardcore.

I hate flying twenty fucking spaces.

>skeleton archers

>knockback into lava

Goddamn, between these guys and flying bombs, I don't know who I hate worse.

Her JP voice is sexy as hell.

Sara is the best girl...after Dosey.

Why are so suddenly so many threads about this game. I got it on sale forever ago and never got around to playing it, did a new version come out or something?

Im a pretty big fan of slutty brown tits.
remake just came out

I miss Frieda too, user.

dosey is shit dawg

I hate the flying bombs way more. The skeleton archers are at least manageable by positioning a wall between yourself and them, flying bombs are just a giant "Fuck you you're on fire", especially if they start multiplying.

Does the Shrine Raid get faster after 2k+ km?

>positioning a wall between yourself and them

Enjoy your coastal areas and zero swimming skill.

So why the fuck is the Ult Student some character from those dang Dangling Grandpa games? I don't actually know anything about them, is there a connection somehow?

Both are produced by Spike Chunsoft so yeah, thats it.

Ult Student is an awesome class though, just make sure to save a bow for when your gun breaks.

both developed by spike chunsoft

Same dev.

Does anyone else get a nigh irresistible urge to make a game in RPG Maker after playins OWH?

sankyu

not really, but good luck making anything even close to the quality of OWH.

also, pretty sure OWH was based off the wolfrpg engine

Where the worlds at

The original and OWH+ IS running on the WolfRPG engine.

see

F

apparently its not going to be elona

but its just another game noa has been working on
youtube.com/watch?v=OgYj2hLYCPs

>Start at snow terrain with polar bears

You fuckers always get shitty starting point dimension.At least the terrain after that is prairie.

>Ninja
Muh nigga.

Can you waifu in this game?

I can tell you right now that it hasn't been going well. Ninja has a garbage early game unless you want to waste stamina already.

Kind of.

I can tell this guy used to be a ninja in another life. F

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

WHEN WHERE

>tfw monsters are eating all the chefs

does damage to the demon lord accumulate or does he heal every time you encounter him?

Fucking crows.

its on his blog
he just started working on it this year, last month

sadly i might not be elona but its still the same lore/universe
he also stated that it wont be an elona remake
but a jrpg or roguelike

>Nearly kill Bug Emperor
>He vanishes and I can't find him again
Fuck you too

whoops forgot link ylvania.org/en/elin

What the fug

so I went ahead and bought the game and axe is op, killed demon lord first run by just axing him too many questions. game crashed during credits so I don't think I got anything out of any of that. neat game, I think I'm done playing it for tonight

Guess you'll never get that Long Sword +1.

and it looks like it. I'm sure that wasn't some great accomplishment but whew I just don't feel like starting another run right now after that.

HOW THE FUCK IS THAD STILL ALIVE?

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

wew

So... what's the strategy for Adventurer other than "Swordmaster but bad"?

Still better than force user but I don't get the strategy.

Im to broke to spend $5 on a game, kill me

>lockpick ALL THE CHESTS
>get that loot until you find good gear
>kill what you can and run from the rest with your dank climbing/swimming growth and escape skills
>explore everything like a true adventurer until all the free lockpicking and traveling EXP turns you into a fighter jet made of biceps

You can also pick up some skills/force powers from the tutors I guess. Charisma at start is always a helpful crutch.

sell ur cards mang

youll probably get 5 bux out of them

Work the terrain. stick close to mountains for easy retreats. Use jump to cut distance before entering water.

Adventurers get -1 charisma.

I've raided tons of chests up through the first three biomes or so and I tend to get nothing worth using. Bows with zero arrows or frail spears. No armor to replace my shit starting gear. Ghosts are the only folks dropping shields.

I sold them already, this is the life I live

I was suggesting you take more charisma at start you goofball. Companions don't recruit themselves.

Chest loot will always be RNG, just like the game deciding to spawn a strong enemy on you at the same time as the demon lord is RNG. Just respawn until you win in true roguelike fashion.

Are traps on the map really a fucking dealbreaker, or should I just go for MC:OWH?

I -really- like OWH, and never got OWH+, so I'm conflicted.

Weebshit animoo doesn't affect me negatively too much, so it's not a detriment.

>corrupted lands

How many dragons are gonna buttfuck me up the dick before I make it out of here?

Traps are very easy to deal with, especially if you're experienced in roguelikes.

They really suck and can ruin your run.

It depends.

I left the window open to do some errands first. I feel like the run won't last much longer, getting corrupted lands before 1000km with shit equipment is pretty much death sentence in inhuman odyssey maniac mode.

Ive been walking blind into traps for every playthrough, and barely notice a dent.

I can't even find a fucking torrent

Buy it, goy.

IM BROKE AS FUCK

MADE IT OUT LADS

If I were on maniac I would be dead 2 biomes before you.

Most runs, you'll be fine. Just that landmines can randomly take 100 hp off but that's random.

Is this game fixed yet? Bought it and ended up refunding because of all the slowdowns.

They always do a set % of your Health.

Worst thing is actually sleep traps when you are trying to run away from something.

THAD NOOOOOOOOOOO

Nope.

F

F

>having okay run
>buy pack horse
>try to save horse from crystal golem
>get zapped to death and lose horse and its items
>Assets: D-
fuck golems and fuck horses

And ded.

>If I were on maniac I would be dead 2 biomes before you.

I savescummed. Especially that the game decided to give foxes as first mini boss, so I reload the save many times until it decided to give fire king bats instead. The extra points for not saving doesn't worth it especially that in maniac mode you can't spend levels other than for saving.

>not feeding your horse kills until it learns charge and can knock enemies away forever

>4 star difficulty
why.jpg

The other difficulties were too easy after a certain point. On max difficulty at least I know every enemy has a chance to kill me.

It's fun trying to beat the impossible odds.

I FINALLY FOUND PARTY MEMBERS

Fuck minibosses in general.

Demon Lord VS Alma time.

I just had a miniboss horde of bats spawn between me and Dosey.

I have negative CHA.,

Bye Dosey

Bah that was impossible to escape as Adventurer. They were too fast.

Is a full three party members overkill? Or even a bad thing, with the exp dispersal?

Just accidently killed Duke Gantz for the third step in "slay the demon lord" quest.

Did i fuck up or should I keep going?

Why do I have more perk slots suddenly?

>cutting your enemies with the fucking air

Serious ninja shit right here.

Is everyone dead?

Yeah I'm fucking around with Vault items

It's cool to see they made the Demon Lord a party member in MC too but at the same time only for 2 hours? Come on.

Depends on who you take. If MC, Alma + Meril + Aerdou = Overkill m8.
Otherwise Keyton + Soldier D + Olga = What are you doing.

How do you get Alma as a follower? Just go ahead and spoil me.

Goddamn, where the hell do I find a town for this Mila chick's dad? We beat the Demon Lord and everything and we never saw hide or hair of him

Vow of purity or whatever, use it on her. You'll either have to play PVP to get that or find it randomly.

He can spawn literally anywhere. I've seen him in taverns, the overworld, random shops, etc.

>he

wait how do you get demon lord or alma as a companion?
I beat the main story where you beat alma and i did the king quest to beat the demon lord already

Lol they did not program any message for Memoria at all on checking current allies for Demon Lord select that option and the whole thing just closes.

Alma I just explained above. Demon lord is a 2 hour overpowered as fuck summon card you get for completing the true end of the King Victor questline.

Oh cool, thanks user

>the true end of the King Victor questline

There's more than one ending to the questline?

Does the demon lord talk or anything?

>This Mila dimension of the day has a holy shrine in the middle of a fucking lake
>The Demon Lord decides to show up right then and there
My greed got the best of me. I turned my back to the Demon Lord and Mila got rekt in the 10 turns it took me to swim.

Yes.

Do it as the One Way Hero

Just beat the Demon Lord for the first time, and unlocked OWH class.

feels bretty gud

what class you use user?
Tried Shiren for the first time and did that quest, Wanderer class is pretty good imo
Fought the demon lord at night too so the fucker died instantly due to his abilities

I used Dracon C, with Olga, Nami, and Coco&Muddy.

Right at 1500km, Muddy summoned up the holy temple and unlocked the door by transforming into a key. Got a holy weapon.

Three km later, DL popped up and I cut him in half with one awakened hit. Felt like a total boss.

I have a pic that's almost the same as yours user.

Is Elona cool?

Yes.

Comfiest Roguelike around, for whatever that's worth.

Also the most forgiving. I won't say easy because there are still a few things that can show up and just ruin your shit, but death is a nuisance rather than the end of a run.

Has a lot of available playstyles, though. If you feel like micromanaging a horde, you can bring as many companions as your Charisma will allow for. You can, theoretically, run through a dungeon with 20 other assholes (paid mercenaries, bred pets, captured monsters, little girls, etc) and just zerg rush shit down. Diminishing returns on this strategy, but it's possible within the game.

Or you could be a farmer until one of your plants is ready to harvest, and when you open the shell, the "Blessed Shotgun +5" will pop out because you can just be such a good goddamn farmer that you can tend to your crops until the ground is throwing gear at you.

That sounds absolutely fucking fantastic.

Played OWH+ for hundreds of hours.

I'm hearing really bad things about this game, though. What's the real deal here except for the forced 30 FPS?

Not him but you can do a lot of stuff in this game.
You can even make gods your pets.
This will require countless hours of grinding but it is possible.
If you want to get into this game then take a look at the roguelike general on /vg/.

Can anyone upload his OWH+ folder so I can have the latest version?

Dont know what to tell you. Almost everyone here seems to be having fun sans: anything to do with skeleton archers.
I'll take a look. thanks.

I think this is the latest version elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:23479

Bare in mind what I just said is technically "See that mountain"-tier shit and will involve Korean grinding in a single player roguelike, but it's technically possible within the system.

The ultimate goal of the game is to clear several dungeons, one after another. How you ready yourself to do said clearing is what the game's strength is. Money buys good gear; you can either brute force some of the random gen dungeons and hope for a drop while selling the excess, or you can run a trade route for fat stacks of cash in minimal amounts of effort barring the occasional bandit ambush. Or you can say fuck that to hard labor and just play instruments at parties and let people make it rain on you for being the sickest lute strummer they've ever heard, to the point where you can proc Insanity on the listeners.

Need fire resistance gear? You can buy it, or you can eat monster flesh that gives fire resistance+ until you're immune to fire damage. If that monster is rare, you can try capturing the next one you see, putting it on your monster ranch, breed it, and then slaughter the bred children for a constant source of fire resistance+ meat.

Is something too fast to kill before it gets a dozen turns of regen for each of your one attacks? Use a shuriken to make it bleed and it'll take bleed damage on each turn, that way it will die due to its own speed. Or you could lay a literal fucking landmine and wait for them to fuck up. Too durable to harm? Fling panties at it until it's struck insane by the fact that someone is shooting panties at it. Insane enemies have a chance of committing suicide every turn insane. Trying to kill a literal god? There is a bitch in the thieves town that sells nukes for 250k a pop. Set the timer, time your 1 turn invincibility scroll with the detonation, and bath divinity in nuclear fire.

Every good roguelike has a myriad of options that are in the game but are explicitly told to you. Elona just has some off the wall ones.

>google Elona
>this starts showing up
when does fbi come
my captcha has CP in it as well

wut

better lube up user. You're going to need it in prison

Good lord. Time to start a deadly lute band.
thanks.

Those aliases, though.
>Wife Bull
>Husband Loser

user should have also mentioned you can whore yourself out and get sexually transmitted aliens as a result of your misdeeds.

>Jetblack Illusion
>Black Oblivion

Not even Bismuth etc...

>was able to survive long enough to reach the Dark King
>don't have anywhere enough healing items or root items to kill him
Damn it all

it's a pretty good world, desu. Has king Victor and Mila

All these games remind me of the boring ass hentai RPG's

Which difficulty mode should I pick ,user?

What's the best quest to enable to make Alma disappear if you just want to progress far?
I usually start the astrologist class quest because all you need to do is talk to some people and there's no risk of getting fucked up by some quest npc.