Turn based game

>turn based game
>coop

>"That said, having an in-game partner will open (and close) access to various missions, story arcs, and locations."

DOA
O
A

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/wasteland-3-announced-features-co-op-and-vehicles/1100-6443998/
vg247.com/2016/09/28/inxile-announces-wasteland-3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope this time around the whole game will be as good as Los Angeles was in the second one. I get that Arizona was supposed to be a love letter to original game, but it was so boring and lifeless.

>t.haven't played D:OS
The game was a blast in co-op.

>do some googling
>will be on Fig
>they're looking for $2.75mil
Why would you announce the game that won't even get funded?

>story-based multiplayer

Why is this thread so dead?

Anyway,
>Multiplayer
Just like with Cyberpunk 2077 I think is an awful idea to waste resources in it, but we'll see...

How about these fucks start releasing games instead of just collecting funds?

>>will be on Fig
Oh boy, the 4.4 million man is making us go down a darker path.

>it's an isometric RPG so it's "the real fallout" xD

Oh, there is a thread already. Thanks OP.

I'll copy and paste the news:
gamespot.com/articles/wasteland-3-announced-features-co-op-and-vehicles/1100-6443998/

Wasteland 3 Announced, Features Co-op and Vehicles
Wasteland heads to Colorado.

Fans of the original Wasteland, the predecessor to Fallout, had to wait more than 25 years for a sequel. That won't be the case with a follow-up to Wasteland 2, as InXile Entertainment today announced Wasteland 3, which it's bringing simultaneously to PC, Xbox One, and PS4, Mac, and Linux--and it's doing it through crowdfunding site Fig.

Like its predecessors, Wasteland 3 is a party-based RPG. This time, you're put in the shoes of the only survivor of a Ranger squad called Team November that was sent to Colorado. "This is a land of buried secrets, lost technology, fearsome lunatics, and deadly factions," InXile explained in the announcement. "No one here has ever heard of the Desert Rangers. Your reputation is yours to build from scratch, and your choices may save this land or doom it. With a renewed focus on macro-reactivity, you'll be picking between warring factions, deciding whether locations are destroyed or saved, and other far-reaching decisions that have a marked impact on the shape of your world."

InXile deliberately shied away from the more commonplace post-apocalyptic settings in favor of a frozen Colorado. "More than anything, a solitary building or town amidst an unblemished field of snow emphasizes an overwhelming sense of isolation that is key to the post-apocalyptic story," InXile said. "It is this rarely found setting and aesthetic that we want to explore in Wasteland 3."

Beyond a new setting, Wasteland 3 introduces some major new features. While it's still described as a "rich single-player experience," it introduces a new co-op mode. You can play with a friend in real-time, joining together to take part in missions or splitting up to do separate things. Alternatively, each of the two players can play while the other is not online, getting things done that the other player can come online later to discover.

"By making the decision to include multiplayer early on in the process, we will be able to design a game that is true to the core principles of the Wasteland franchise and our studio," InXile said. "Wasteland 3 can be played as an offline, single-player game, and is built from the ground up with a focus on story and reactivity that makes no sacrifices to the multiplayer experience. At the same time, co-op players will enjoy working together to change Wasteland 3's highly reactive world... or finding ways to destroy what their friend has worked to accomplish."

Wasteland 3 also introduces team-based abilities and upgradeable vehicles. These can be used for travel and transportation, but also serve a function in combat. It can function as moveable cover, and InXile mentions that it can be equipped with a turret to attack enemies.

The Ranger base returns, though InXile said this time it's "much more involved," as you're helping to set up a new base. In addition to grabbing new missions and squadmates, you can use to it to do research, set up trade routes, contact factions over the radio, and gather materials, among other things.

A release date for the game was not shared, but the Fig campaign launches on October 5 with a funding goal of $2.75 million. That's quite a bit more than the Kickstarter campaign for Wasteland 2 asked for ($900,000), but less than it ultimately received in pledges ($2.9 million). There's one other key difference: Fig is the crowdfunding site that allows backers to make money from their investment. Wasteland 3's campaign will allow for traditional backer rewards, accredited investment, and unaccredited investment. Expect to hear more details on that as we approach its launch next week.

Nope. I bought the first game after it was released and if this one gets released I'll probably buy it too but fuck that noise.

release when?

wasteland 2 was shit
not holding my hope for this

I didn't play WL2 until a few weeks after the release when most bugs were patched already, but I liked it so much that this is going to be first game that I'm going to actually back.

Cant they just fund it with their own money?

Did you play Divinity OS? It worked fantastically in that game.
>vehicles and base management
Very excited. Love the setting too, I can't recall any game using an actual post apocalyptic winter. More games should use winter.

Kotaku:

Wasteland 3 Announced, Will Have Co-Op

Fresh off the success of Wasteland 2, developer inXile is making a direct sequel, announcing today plans to release Wasteland 3 for PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, and Xbox One.

In the announcement for Wasteland 3, inXile said they’d be helping fund the game via crowdfunding on Fig, where they hope to raise $2.75 million. The game will also have co-op, following in the footsteps of the isometric Divinity to allow multiple people to play together.

Here’s the full press release:

What is Wasteland 3?

A party-based role-playing game, with a renewed focus on our trademark complex story reactivity and strategic combat.
By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, we are evolving on Wasteland 2's deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
Play by yourself or with a friend in story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer. Choices open up (or close off) mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and tons of other content.
Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and improve your Ranger Base, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy ending is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera
Simultaneously releasing to Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

>Console game

No, thank you. They already fuck me in the ass with the DC version.

Explore a New Frozen Wasteland

You start the game as the sole survivor of Team November, a Ranger squad dispatched to the icy Colorado wastes. This is a land of buried secrets, lost technology, fearsome lunatics, and deadly factions. No one here has ever heard of the Desert Rangers. Your reputation is yours to build from scratch, and your choices may save this land or doom it. With a renewed focus on macro-reactivity, you’ll be picking between warring factions, deciding whether locations are destroyed or saved, and other far reaching decisions that have a marked impact on the shape of your world.
Bring a Friend

For the first time in the history of the Wasteland franchise, you will be able to take a friend with you on your journey into the post-apocalyptic wastes! Wasteland 3 opens up the possibility to play through the campaign with a friend; both of you controlling your own squad of Rangers.

The core of Wasteland 3 will still be a rich single-player experience. If you play with a friend while both online together, you’ll be able to share many missions, and join up to hit key story beats, but you can also split up and cover more ground. Once a game is started, you can play Wasteland 3 while your friend is offline, and do a lot of missions without them. Be aware, however, that the actions you take while your friend is off-line are not without consequence!

By making the decision to include multiplayer early on in the process, we will be able to design a game that is true to the core principles of the Wasteland franchise and our studio. Wasteland 3 can be played as an offline, single-player game, and is built from the ground up with a focus on story and reactivity that makes no sacrifices to the multiplayer experience. At the same time, co-op players will enjoy working together to change Wasteland 3’s highly reactive world… or finding ways to destroy what their friend has worked to accomplish.

Expanding on Wasteland 2 Designs

Our strategic turn-based combat is core to the Wasteland experience. Wasteland 2’s rangers could use cover, flank their enemies, and attack from rooftops with deadly precision and horrific status effects. Wasteland 3 will build and polish this existing system while adding a new feature: team-focused abilities. Your rangers will have an arsenal of combat skills with special tactical effects, usually focused around weakening the enemy while protecting their squads.

Another big change this time around will be the addition of vehicles. Your ranger will use your upgradeable vehicle for travel, storing essential goods, exploration, and survival. Gear up your vehicle well enough, and you’ll be able to use it for moveable cover in combat, or – if you’ve installed a turret – deal with fools crazy enough to tangle with the Desert Rangers.

Finally, the Ranger base is a key location in all the Wasteland games, and Wasteland 3 will be no different. This time the experience will be much more involved, as you are setting up and reinforcing a brand new Ranger base to survive and even thrive in the hostile snowscapes of Colorado. Rather than the base being primarily a place to pick up new missions and replacement squad mates, we’re expanding it so that it is a full base of operations, allowing you to gather materials, do research, reach out to factions over the radio, try to set up supply lines and trade routes, and more!

A Brand New Atmospheric Experience

Looking around at the rich possibilities of our setting, it struck us how often we do return to the desolate dry desert and ruined cities. We still think that’s a great core setting, but it is also more limiting when in reality the world after mankind can encompass many different settings, from overgrown wilderness thriving on former cities (something we explored more in Wasteland 2) to the remnants of mankind trying to survive in a hostile, frozen landscape. More than anything, a solitary building or town amidst an unblemished field of snow emphasizes an overwhelming sense of isolation that is key to the post-apocalyptic story. It is this rarely found setting and aesthetic that we want to explore in Wasteland 3.

As part of our improved presentation, we’re updating the way dialog is built and presented. Wasteland 3 will feature a complex dialogue based on the ideology behind Torment: Tides of Numenera’s branching system. Players will choose lines of dialogue that lead them through branching conversations. Choosing certain skills for your character may spell the different between success or catastrophe. And last but not least, in key conversations the camera will pan in to show a closer shot of person you’re talking to.

We’re very fortunate to have concept artist, Andrée Wallin of Wasteland 2 and Star Wars: The Force Awakens once again on hand to help us establish the look of this game, providing key art pieces that we’ll be used for inspiration and reference throughout the game’s development.

Additionally, we’ve been working closely with Christopher and Nic Bischoff of Brotherhood Games, the team behind the widely celebrated STASIS and Cayne isometric adventure games. In fact, they’re responsible for the beautiful prototype screenshots and video you’ve seen so far!

>dem graphics

tfw it will run like shit because unity.

Different teams you dingus

Wait, Wasteland 2 was released? I thought it was still like early access and just stuck as vaporware.

>Wasteland 3

Well 2 was shit so I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Also
>Multiplater
>Co-op
Red flags, red flags everywhere.

>Fig
Oh come on now, seriously?

Divinity: Original Sin > Pillars of Eternity > Shadowrun >>> Wasteland 2

Pillars of Eternity > Divinity: Original Sin > Shadowrun >>> Wasteland 2

Don't diss it, Mr 3,3 is also using it for Psychonauts 2.

>console game
>coming to Windows, Mac, Linux

Nigger get some glasses

Fuck off.

why use their own money when they can get it from others?

>Wasteland fans had to wait almost twenty years for a sequel, but nobody could deny the enormous impact of its arrival. Wasteland 2 kicked off a resurgence of isometric-styled RPGs, renewed interest in classic gameplay systems, and the massive crowdfunding trend which still continues today.

>The party-based post-apocalyptic role-playing game sequel is set for launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at the same time as PC, Mac and Linux.

Good try.

same for Numenera
got delayed on PC because of console versions

>Fig
What the fuck is this? ANOTHER crowd funding site? No one is going to find this.

This shit is DoA (Dead on Announcement).

How many fucking teams can a 40-odd person studio have? AFAIK The Bard's Tale IV is still in pre-production.

Shitty hud and port quality confirmed.

And you can almost see the millions of bugs already.

>ANOTHER crowd funding site?
Yeah, their own. They made it because they figured they shouldn't just give Amazon/KS 20% of their profits when they can just make their own crowdfunding service.

Well, that, and Fig allows you to actually invest, not just donate.

I sure hope they like those 0% when it doesn't even reach minimal goal, kek. Crowdfunding is all about reaching as many as possible, they truly shot themselves in the foot for a potential loss of 20%.

Oh boy, a sequel to a shit game, AND they want my money to make it? Sign me up!

Completely agreed, but apparently inXile/Obsidian do not. When they launched the site there was a pretty long interview where they explained that they feel KS has a ~$5m ceiling when it comes to games, and they are hoping they can double or even triple it with Fig. It sounded like bullshit to me then, and still sounds like bullshit to me now. But it's their project they are risking so whatever.

>shit game
>my money

No, they aren't reaching out to people who hated the game they previously made. Why do you even feel ripped off?

Loved me some Wasteland, so I'd like to support it, but I'll be damned if I use crowdfunding. Turning passionate fans into investors has been a complete shitshow.

>tfw consolefag that loves old school PC RPGs but doesn't have a PC anymore
Sorry nerds, I'm glad this and others are coming to PS4.

To be honest they use Unreal Engine 4 for The Bard's Tale 4, so they might use UE4 instead of Unity this time.

Polygon:

Wasteland 3 will have multiplayer, XCOM-style cinematic camera

Brian Fargo talks about moving the classic series into the next generation

After several wildly successful Kickstarter campaigns, InExile Entertainment is ready to launch its next project. The pitch for Wasteland 3, the sequel to Wasteland 2, is ambitious. While the game itself promises to be a bit shorter at 50 hours, the graphics and the feature set will be significantly beefed up. We spoke with studio head Brian Fargo last week to get more details.

Wasteland 3 will be true to the series' roots, allowing players to create a small party of characters and lead them through an isometric role-playing game in the classic style. It will tell the story of Team November, a group of Rangers sent on a mission to Colorado in the aftermath of a global nuclear apocalypse. In the opening sequence of the game, Fargo says, players will be stranded far from civilization and have to fend for themselves. Their biggest challenge early on will be staying alive in the sub-zero temperatures.

But, while many of the game’s systems should feel familiar to fans of the series, Fargo says his team is including bold new features that move the franchise into uncharted territory. First on the list is multiplayer, with both synchronous and asynchronous play.

"We’re going to have a fucking blast with it," Fargo told Polygon. "And it’s not just solving puzzles together. It’s about narrative multiplayer and what can happen when the two of us are in a world, independent of each other, doing other things on the map."

>I'm retarded
Psychonauts 2 is on Fig too, bud.

>Numenera
I can't believe they didn't see how people would be butthurt over that.
>make a kickstarter for the PC version
>promise a return to old school CRPGs
>decide to make a console version in the middle of development
No one would even give a shit if they ported it after it was released but switching to console and delaying the game kind of fucks over the original backers.

no big deal, eatshitters like support the industry after all.

>this and others
it's pretty much only inXile games
and no one in this thread even said "lmao consolefags NEVER EVER". the problem is that consoles generally do affect cRPG design.

InXile started going to kickstarter because they wanted to make PC cRPGs without console limitations. Now they're making their games for consoles too. It's like I'm in the 90s all over again and seeing history replay itself before my eyes.

Up to two players can each field a unique team of Rangers. When those teams are close together in the game world they’ll be able to take part in the same turn-based skirmishes. But when they’re apart, each player will have their own chance to move the campaign story forward, at times leading to a cascade of unintended consequences for the other player.

"Let’s say that you’re sleeping and I go on a mission where there’s a sickness among some cattle," Fargo said. "I decide the resolve it by killing them all. You wake up and you’re notified that mission is complete.

"But when you get back to the game there’s a radio call. The town? They’re kind of pissed about that. They want money for those cattle. You can convince your friend to pay up, or you could pay it yourself. You could even refuse to pay entirely and live with the consequences."

In another example, Fargo said he could envision a situation where one player might convince a village on the map that another player is the messiah. Later, when the second player arrives, villagers might not let him leave for fear their community will be forsaken.

"I love the idea of opening new content that you would not have seen otherwise by clever use of multiplayer," Fargo said. "It’s gameplay that’s not just a simple lock and key, with different ways of solving the same puzzle. That’s less interesting to me now."

Players will be able to play with a friend or with a random match from the community. Most importantly, Fargo said, they'll be able to break the multiplayer connection at any time. It's essentially an eject button that diverts your game's timeline from the timeline of whomever you're connected to.

InExile has also teamed up with Brotherhood Games, which is comprised of brothers Christopher and Nic Bischoff. While they’re also working on the Stasis and Cayne isometric adventure games, fans might recognize their work from a few clever experiments that showed Fallout 4 and BioShock Infinite from an isometric perspective. With their help, InExile intends to bring a new level of graphical polish to the wasteland.

"It looks great. It’s lightyears above where Wasteland 2 was, and it’s all in-engine," Fargo said. "The other thing is that it’s great for conversations, a la Fallout 4. The camera is going to come down and you’re going to see and hear people speaking their lines, which really helps drive the immersion.

"We’re going to break from the isometric for conversations, and we’re also going to break from the isometric in other areas where we think we can dial up the drama. XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a good example, where you can zoom in on something and cut to the creature shattering through a window and then go back isometric."

InXile Entertainment will launch a fundraising campaign for Wasteland 3 on Oct. 5 through the Fig equity crowdfunding platform, where Fargo sits on the advisory board. Fig allows for rewards-based crowdfunding alongside investment, and Fargo says the campaign will be open to both accredited and non-accredited investors.

But after raising millions on the platform since 2012, why not stick with Kickstarter? Fargo says his decision was easy. Games-funding on Kickstarter has been losing momentum overall, and deep-pocketed backers are especially few and far between.

"One of the things that we’ve seen is that back in the good old days of 2012 and 2013 the kind of the $1,000-tiers was a real thing on Kickstarter," Fargo said. "That’s really fallen off a cliff since then. And I think that equity gives those people that might have made investments of that size or larger another reason to look at it again.

"We’ve seen that there are people who have backed Kickstarter projects, are very happy with backing those projects, but then don’t go on to fund something else. And I’ve had people who have backed our games and said, 'Gosh, I never even got a chance to play it.’ So you can imagine that it gets difficult to get people’s attention with pure rewards-based funding when they haven’t had the chance to play the last game they backed, or they haven’t backed one in a couple of years.

"I think that Fig has more opportunity ... because if these games start returning profits to people that’s something that you’ll never get tired of. And it’s a system that you’ll return to I think with more excitement each time rather than less excitement each time."

However, Fig itself has seen a loss in momentum as well. Its approvals process with the United State Securities and Exchange Commission has dragged on for most of 2016. Their campaigns have also dwindled. At their peak, Fig was running two campaigns a month, but after Consortium: The Tower closed in May of this year it's failed to launch another.

Fig announced another round of required filings in June. Since then, SEC records indicate they’ve had two more in quick succession, which could signal that the process is nearing its conclusion. But whether unaccredited investors, who’ve been waiting months to fund projects like Psychonauts 2 and Consortium: The Tower will still be willing to pay up is an open question.

Polygon has reached out to Fig for comment, but did not receive a response before publication.

Are you actually implying Psychonauts 2 is even on the same level as a relatively niche game as Wasteland 2?

I was surprised at first but the absolutely unrelenting and blind hype for Psychonauts 2 after their last shitty game would probably find millions of fans on any platform. Just imagine if HL3 suddenly popped up on something similar, only Cred Forums would pretend to not care. P2 is the exception and not the rule here.

Fargo says that Wasteland 2 earned his team more than $12 million dollars, and he’s using a portion of that money to contribute to the total budget for Wasteland 3 which is somewhere in the neighborhood of $7 million. The Fig campaign will have a goal of $2.75 million with equity capped at $2.25 million, and Fargo says he’s also searching for a publishing partner to contribute some portion as well.

More information, including a gameplay video, will be available when the Wasteland 3 campaign goes live on Oct. 5.

How does it fuck them over? In what way? They never locked in a release date so any delay is still up to them. You wouldn't call it fucking them over if it was delayed so they could add a feature like 4K or a new area. But add something that expands the playerbase? FUCKING TRAITORS REEEEEEEEE

The shills aren't even trying to be discreet anymore. They are going all out in this thread

If I was a shill, I would post a link to Polygon and Kotaku, which I decided not to do and to copypaste the info instead.

When was the last time you left your basement.

>InExile
Does Polygon not have any editors?

>They never locked in a release date so any delay is still up to them

Really? So if they release the game in 2095, you'd say that's still ok?

If the game has a collectors edition again, i´ll pledge.

Wasteland 1 cover art is one of the best.

>He called me out for posting article after article trying to advertise me game. I better call him a neckbeard

Whatever man. You can use personal attacks all you want but you are a fucking shill paid or unpaid. You are just spamming this hype garbage and these developers are fucking cancer. They tried to sell the garbage that was Wasteland 2 for like 50 buckaroos when it isn't even worth 20.

>o advertise me game.
Have a (you)

vg247.com/2016/09/28/inxile-announces-wasteland-3/

inXile announces Wasteland 3

Wasteland fans had to wait almost twenty years for a sequel, but nobody could deny the enormous impact of its arrival. Wasteland 2 kicked off a resurgence of isometric-styled RPGs, renewed interest in classic gameplay systems, and the massive crowdfunding trend which still continues today. So it’s no surprise that fans would be interested in another sequel – but this time we won’t be waiting twenty years. inXile Entertainment has just announced its plans to develop Wasteland 3, which will be funded with a Fig campaign starting next week.

In case you completely missed the fuss in 1988 and 2014, Wasteland is a post-apocalyptic RPG-strategy series following Desert Ranger squads who bring order to damaged lands. The first game was a source of inspiration for many budding game developers – not to mention a spiritual predecessor to Fallout – while Wasteland 2 received extensive praise for its story, writing, and updates to classic gameplay systems.

So looking forward, what can we expect from Wasteland 3? This new sequel follows the sole survivor of Team November, a Ranger squad dispatched to Colorado. A nuclear winter has transformed the entire state into a frozen landscape cut off from the outside world, where survivors have no idea the Rangers even exist. Naturally, that’s given rise to several deadly factions your Ranger must respond to by establishing a new Colorado base that grows and changes based on your actions in the region.

Perhaps Wasteland 3’s biggest change will be the addition of story-based multiplayer. The full campaign can be experienced with a friend who shares your story missions, letting you work together or split-up to accomplish objectives quickly. Once you’ve started a multiplayer game with a partner, one player can even continue the game while another is offline – meaning there could be huge changes to the game world once they return.

If you prefer single-player only, have no fear – Wasteland 3 will still feature a fully-offline single-player mode. That said, having an in-game partner will open (and close) access to various missions, story arcs, and locations.

Wasteland will be developed by the teams who worked on Wasteland 2, Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut, and Torment: Tides of Numenera, and will feature systems from all three games. Branching storylines will gain a heavy focus, even adopting a revamped dialogue-tree system developed by Torment’s writers. Turn-based combat system will also be updated, with a new emphasis on vehicles, environmental threats, and a fluid action system.

Wasteland 3’s crowdfunding campaign will launch on October 5, 2016 through Fig. Considering how often inXile has successfully delivered on its crowdfunding promises, I suspect the project will be fully funded the day it launches. Wasteland 3 is intended for simultaneous release on PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.