Have you ever played a game so fucking badly designed and manipulative it kind of pisses you off to think that other...

Have you ever played a game so fucking badly designed and manipulative it kind of pisses you off to think that other people actually enjoy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VK4Wk_8PbcI
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/ee0e1d3465ce61bb76dbab09ada7fd137696737d
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/742ac40e0b1ef00ce849e10c0788df9c831a5515
youtube.com/watch?v=_swJPS53RRA
youtube.com/watch?v=ms1_fL1eJ-o
youtube.com/watch?v=vNm-t9eWSvA
solitude.guildwork.com/_/a8s
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ranking/thefeast/?solo_party=party
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this bait?
Also
>rerunning A12
>dps calls me a pussy when i use tank lb3 to survive Divine Judgement
I fucking hate the shitters in this game

Not bait. I seriously don't see the point in playing a game where you know all your progress is going to be meaningless every 4 months.

yes

every Souls game ever

it's pretty much just neckbeards getting an ego boost from trudging through repetitive, tedious garbage and pretending they're "hardcore"

If you are serious, why would you waste energy being mad about people enjoying something you don't?

Hi there, welcome to Cred Forums!

Here's what I do:
1. Stop playing
2. Filter threads about it
3. Move on with your life
But yeah I do agree FFXIV sucks balls, this is coming from someone who played since release for around 2 years.

First day?

Yes

I'm ok with its existence now. Back when my friends used to play it was pretty bad. I just dont know how people can stomach this game.

>Doing A12 for the first time
>those sick beats when time freezes
>that time travel for dps
>that music

SONIC

BOOOOOOOOOM!

3.4 is horrible. worst patch after 3.1.

game is dead.

>playing a game where you know all your progress is going to be meaningless every 4 months.

So are you telling us it's bad that the game gets new content every 4 months? Do you prefer the Blizzard way? 13 months withouth a single content patch and release a 50 bucks expansion?

i keep seeing this meme. can someone explain?

>Blizzdrones so mad they have to shit on FFXIV threads

this game was comfy back when Cred Forums shilled it in 2014

it sucks now

I would rather the devs were smart enough to add new content without making the previous content obsolete

I actually really like the progression model in XIV. Not my favorite ever, but it's easy to keep up with everything except savages if I pace myself and I don't feel compelled to log in eight hours a day.

I could see things being boring if you're going at it hardcore but I always have something to do on this model with my schedule and grind is mostly optional. My favorite model in any MMO was GW1, but this being a distant second, it's still way better than the distant third. Old content for me is worth doing just for the sake of doing it.

Like fucking clockwork. Man I hate these threads.

How is the old content obsolete? You need gear to complete the new content. If you geared up on the last patch you are using that gear to complete the new content, and you will gear up to make this content easyer and get ready for the next content.

Post yfw A11 has a QTE

>introduces best content since T13
>terrible

Wondrous Tails is the best idea they've had in a long time, with possibly the absolute worst execution they've ever done.
A weekly set of goals to achieve that encourages playing older content, while providing actually worthwhile rewards? Too good to be true.
Instead we got a stupid weekly lottery that gives jack shit unless you have god tier luck. And why are the rewards the exact same for everyone if the challenges are random? What a fucking failure.

MMORPGs are all badly designed.

People will say that this is just a matter of preference and opinion, but those people are morons, with moronic opinions.

That's not the new WoW expansion

Nobody enjoys Dark Souls because it's "hard", it's because it's an amazing RPG. Awesome combat, tons of character customization, builds, magic and a great atmosphere. It's the most "typical RPG" game that isn't outdated or boring.

basically any mmo with "raid content" in which 1 or 2 retarded players can cause 8+ players doing their job perfectly to fail incessantly

anyone who finds this fun is fucking retarded

>gives jack shit
The rewards are amazing, it's like a free 2 million gil a week (depending on your server prices). And you can get guaranteed 2 lines with second chance points.

Some people have the huge unrealistic expectation that everything is going to be relevant forever

At least with FFXIV they try, like with Wondrous Tails now, they give incentive to go back and do old content

can you even survive that shit without it

>unrealistic
Yeah, FFXI didn't keep all of its content relevant for 7 years or anything.

It was surprising and I actually kind of hope future stuff has more stuff similar to that that isn't just the same old mechanics

Rerolled 10 times yesterday at 7 stickers and never got a single line.

This. People are losing their shit because it's hard to get the 3 lines which only gives a piece of gear that's just slightly better than the Normal Creator gear.

If 1 or 2 retarded players don't have to do jack shit, then it wasn't a well tuned fight. Might as well have just told them to fuck off and went with the 8 people you trusted. Do you even think about what you posted? A group is only as strong as its weakest link.

Yes. It's called Borderlands.

>At least with FFXIV they try, like with Wondrous Tails now, they give incentive to go back and do old content

it is the same shit like the 2.X relic quest chain. doing old stuff.

This, a fucking million times this.

That's the point you idiot.

You think retarded FFXIV shitters ever played FFXI? Everyone I know that still plays 14 started playing it as their first actual MMO so they have no frame of reference as to how awful the game is.

its not "groupwork" though
its literally 10 people doing hotbar rotations or reacting to green bars going up and down, independently acting to avoid shit

the most legitimate cooperation required would be something like tanks swapping aggro, which in itself is very minor

there's nothing you can do to make your retards press their hotbar keys better, you're just forced to find less retarded monkeys to perform their minimum wage duties adequately until every member of a raid does their individual, boring tasks sufficiently

>muh anecdotal evidence

Guild Wars 2

MMORPGs are worse than actual drugs. Sinking all the time and money into a pretty "experience," but all for what? Better looks for your half baked digital avatar? You fags should just play Gaia if you want to dress up and cut out the endless grind.

But i dont want to do the old shit over and over again. i did already the outdated stuff back in 2.X for my relic.
And now i have to do the same in 3.4? What a wonderful game.

You're giving MMO combat too much credit. Most minimum wage work is a lot harder than your typical MMO "rotation".

>The monk doing Elixir Field

kek

this 10000x

boss fights in holy trinity mmos:
>8 people fighting 1 monster basically individually
>the healer is the only one interacting with anyone else
>if 1 person fucks up their fight everyone else automatically loses because lol xD

Why the fuck can't we get a Crystal Chronicles MMO/multiplayer game where people have to work together to cast spells and shit

Why is everyone so content to lap up this awful WoW clone garbage

But i dont want to do the old shit over and over again. i did already the outdated stuff back in 2.X for my relic.
And now i have to do the same in 3.4? What a wonderful game...

>real things that actually happened can't be used as evidence! look at these bullshit statistics i pulled out of my ass instead!

imagine being this autistic

>tfw they killed City of Heroes for GW2 ( and Wildstar
>tfw you believed his lies
I still get a bit depressed

Then don't do it. It's as simple as that. Nobody is putting a gun on your temple and telling you to do it or they pull the trigger.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean anything when trying to make general claims, my dude

Though to be fair the first raid they introduced had some cool stuff where people were forced to split up and perform individual roles (the cerberus fight where some people have to get shrunken/eaten and kill shit on the inside of the monster)

Shame they literally never applied any of these interesting mechanics to things other than raid finder raids

At 7 points? Either bullshit or extremely unlucky.

>getting mad that some user didn't believe your fanfic

No.
I'm not a self-centered egoist and/or pseudo-intellectual who thinks he has figured out "the man".

dont answer to that faggot he doesnt deserve it

>i'm a high schooler who just started taking a basic statistics class, i think i know things now xd

it's perfectly valid for me to extrapolate from my sample set, no matter how mad it makes you

>No air control

You know, I am fine that they wanted it to feel like a 90s game but god fucking damn it air control is a MUST nowadays
It would be like having a GTA clone without swimming in this day and age

probably at ilvl 270 but right now, no.

The only time I've seen forced, meaningful cooperation in an MMO is in a type of endgame called Nyzul Isle in FFXI. It was a 100 floor dungeon in which you got 30 minutes of access per day. In order to progress, you would have to split up and solve various things like logic puzzles that required 4~6 of your members to find a correct number sequence or go through a simon says type mini-game.

It was actually quite simple fundamentally, but the fact that you legitimately had to cooperate instead of simply independently mashing buttons made it 100 times more engaging.

That's not even the main problem.

The problem is that I don't want to live in a virtual society full of ultimate warriors in autistic outfits. No, fuck you, I want everyone to be the shiteating loser that they are in real life.

And this is why MMORPGs are for losers

How big is your sample, five people?

>debating spending 2 mil on crafted i250 neck
>aiming neck drops from a9s
t-thanks

Skyward Sword.

this shit

I believe you but anecdotal evidence is worthless because it's completely relative and can't be measured at all. Everyone I know that plays XIV is a WoWfag that gave up on the title and wanted something similar with less bullshit, that doesn't mean that everyone who plays XIV is a WoWfag.

>Sonic boom isn't timed to when the attack hits

Just one of the many reasons why T13 will always be better.

Maybe it's timed better in Savage but probably not.

It's RNG. There's always going to be people that are unlucky.

The real problem with the execution is how easy it is to get retry points and that you can do everything unsynced.

And here I was hoping I'd get an incentive to do some more Coil with new people via DF. Instead I can just do 9 Expert Roulettes, or unsync everything via PF.

>I'm so clueless about MMOs that the only progression system I know is vertical.
That's you basically. There's no need to have constantly straight upgrades in order to progress.

New content can bring sidegrades instead of pure upgrade.

Look at FF XI, items from the vanilla game @Lv60 or below were still highly valuable 5 years post release. The first expansion drops were still useful until 3 fucking extension later.

XI did progression properly, instead of just getting armor with bigger numbers on them you'd become more and more versatile. Yes there were direct upgrades with each new piece of content but they applied to couple piece of gear only (out of 13~16 slots) and not to all classes at once.

But we are in 2016 and if you want your MMO to be a success you have to play with nowaday's standards.

Salvage required heavy cooperation. Nyzul was way more accessible and had more room for mistakes.

Salvage:

>Everyone start naked with no abilities/magic/reduced stats
>Monsters drops items which lift above restrictions
>Have to split those items properly during the run to make sure the right classes gets the right unlock they need since they're very limited.
>Have to follow certains paths.
>Need to find the right balance between farming for drops / clearing the run

That's a complete different story from the original reply which assumed that progression = new content with straight upgrade (which OP is complaining about). Instead the reply should have been "yes the system is fucking shit, but because everyone loves to eat shit, that's what we get served."

Not to defend this piss boring MMO that took a feather from WoW instead of actually good MMOs, but it's hard to actually find a game that invalidates your efforts as you progress. That sword you found in the first story segment of dragon quest is weak as hell in the next story segment. The pokemon you find on route one in pokemon has laughable stats compared to the dragon you found on a later route, so you box the route one pokemon for the new one. The legendary weapon that's given to you at the end of a game's story is horrible compared to the weapon you find in some hidden side dungeon. Your low rank shit is useless in monster hunter once you reach high rank.

Literally every games makes your hard work and past progress worthless after a certain point.

>That's a complete different story from the original reply which assumed that progression = new content with straight upgrade (which OP is complaining about). Instead the reply should have been "yes the system is fucking shit, but because everyone loves to eat shit, that's what we get served."

Then I complete my reply: Yes, the system is fucking shit but because everyone loves to eat shit. But at least we get new things to do every 4 months instead of waiting +13 months for a new expansion withouth any single content patch.

I don't even understand what you're trying to say. How can a game be manipulative?

Perhaps you should take that cock out of your mouth and try again.

Doesn't invalidate*

The game is making you think you're having fun but you're actually not having fun.

I know what you mean, user. I start feeling tired after a patch has been up for a while, then I think it's time to move forward AND BACK, THEN MOVE FORWARD AND BACK, AND THEN MOVE FORWARD AND BACK

What is PSO, what is EvE, what is FF XI...

PSO had v.hard drops which were better than ULT ones. Versatility did matter for certain classes so you would never just use "the best weapon" but the right weapon depending on what you were farming or your party setup.

EvE doesn't invalidate your progression as you move on. Bigger ships aren't direct upgrades over smaller ships and comes with drawbacks as well (slower etc.)

XI had content patches on top of expansions. Vertical Progression isn't a pre requisite to new content. It is however way easier to design (just make numbers bigger) and way more easier to understand by average players and thus easier to market.

Vertical progression also has the advantage to make re-acquisition easier. If you churn 2 years, who cares, just hop on the next extension and you're back on tracks. With an horizontal system it'd take you 1 year to catch up 2... (since there are still upgrades, but not as many.)

Armor Q2 2016 > Armor Q1 2016 > Armor Q4 2015 => easier to understand than:

Armor 1 is better if my HP are below 75% and if it's Lightningday
Armor 2 is better when my HP is full and when I'm fighting Dark Monster
Armor 3 is better when I have class Y in my party
Armor 4 is better when I'm using a different type of magic
And so on....

Sure we ended up being walking dressing rooms and inventory management was a pain, but at least it made efforts rewarding and people didn't mind waiting 18 months to get a very specific drop.

I get extremely upset when I remember that there are people who purchased and pretend to enjoy Naughty Dog shovelware.

Yoshida has actually addressed the horizontal progression model issue, using XI as an example. Whether or not he's right is another topic entirely, but the summary was that horizontal progression models are more difficult to access. They require an investment into knowledge on the player end, as well as an even more consistent grind effort across the board because players will need to regear to the appropriate sets with every content release. This sounds decent in theory, but in practice it means that you're putting it at least as much time as the vertical WoW model, only compensating with player ability is even less likely.

The current upgrade then catch-up patch model is designed to be accessible by the widest playerbase. The goal is to make old content relevant via new features rather than spread the game out.

Is it really so bad? I rather enjoy doing on-level trials and raids. It's difficult to scratch the "8 player cooperation" itch.

Have fun?.
Thats the point of playing a game.

Here is a (you)

>its another scantily hidden "we want to avoid /vg/" FFXIV thread
pls go

The eastern stuff has armor bonus if you wear all 3 pieces, is this the future?

So how do I actually try FFXI to determine for myself if the game is actually good or if it's just nostalgiafags ranting? Is there a private server or do I have to buy the main game and play on official servers?

GC gear has had that since launch.

You're a bit late pal, why do you think people are nostalgiagasming instead of playing?

Theres a free trial.

The game was fucked years ago by raising the level cap to 99 and introducing item levels.

And there's no way to play the "golden era" of FFXI? No one bothered making a private server?

Yep.

All they had to do is give players a list of randomized extreme mode and raid objectives per week and say: "if you clear any 9 from the list, we'll give you 200-250 high end tomestones". That's all it had to be.

But they just couldn't help themselves. They had to turn it into convoluted RNG bullshit for no good reason.

I kinda thought it was ok until the pretentious slow ass cut-scenes every 5 minutes. Let me play the goddamn game.

"pretentious"

dude what

>responding

How do I convert my Esoterics into Lore.

Auriana in Revenant's Toll

thanks user.

They just want WoW fags to see that their game is ALIVE!!! instead of dying. FF14 players can't handle similar games doing better than their niche game.

FFXIV is a Final Fantasy game first and an MMO second.

If you don't enjoy the story you'd probably be better off playing WoW.

That being said, the main story of 2.x is pretty bad in retrospect, even if back then it was still on a different level from any other modern MMO. 3.x's main story is actually amazing.

Warriors of Darkness literally did nothing wrong.

A TO THE L TO THE E X A

RISE UP

best song

runescape doesnt.. if you spend the hours or w.e doing a quest you unlock things that literally no one else will unless they do those quests.. also gear is stable .. there's essentially no treadmill.. also stats unlock better things yet old stuff is still usefull... example: you need 62 fishing for monkfish and 76 for sharks.. but even at past level 76 monks remain faster xp per hour where as sharks are more for money per hour.. love runescapes system

Yeah, SFV.

I fucking loved this patch story wise.

I wish it had a rad fight like Nidhogg was, but I still fucking enjoyed this.

Yoshi P the producer of FFXIV already called you FFXI fags out.

FUCKING TELL THEM ABOUT URIANGER.
JUST, DO IT!

Get it together, user

youtu.be/VK4Wk_8PbcI

>mfw people actually playing verminion and the queues are fast

>we cant make FFXI today because it wouldnt work today because people don't have that time anymore

great argument you fucking hack
in the past few years what the fuck happened that made us have less time? smartphones? did we get hit by a meteor that made days less than 24 hours?
I was an old fart back when FFXI came out and I sure as hell am an old fart today.

>Dark Souls is RPG meme
It's as much "RPG" as a fucking Castlevania game. Having stats does not mean it's a RPG, or else every modern Western game would count as RPG.

Meant to quote OP

to be fair you had to be a NEET to participate in pre abyssea FFXIs endgame or else you fell severely behind with hardly any chance of catching up unless you suck linkshells dicks.

So, what is a good server for progression? I stopped playing around the end of ARR just before the expansion hitbecause of work so what would be server with good number of players to catch up?

Levi, ultros or gilga

Yea, I did play the witcher 3.

You are a fucking idiot.

"Sonic Boom" doesn't sync up with the hit because a sonic boom ALWAYS occurs AFTER the event as sound travels MAGNITUDES slower than light. Go back to fucking school you monkey.

Right now going on one of the Primal server seems like a good choice since you can avoid the retards of Balmung and Gilgamesh.
Ultros and Leviathan are your best bet.

>going to the crashing data center

kek

...why always us?

DED SERVERS
E
D

S
E
R
V
E
R
S

>Primal
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/ee0e1d3465ce61bb76dbab09ada7fd137696737d
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/742ac40e0b1ef00ce849e10c0788df9c831a5515
not even once

This. Souls is fucking garbage. Namco is shit outside of ace combat. Fuck tekken

This patch has been 10/10 music as usual
youtube.com/watch?v=_swJPS53RRA

DUDE
SONIC
BOOOM

This. I used to think FPS with rpg leveling was amazing, then I realized how cancerous it really is. Vegas is the only one that ever pulled me back. Plus the fact that everyone in borderlands is a walking meme, or made gay or bi as their sole character trait.

it's the same shit user

you just hadn't figured out how much this takes a f2p MMO model and got people to pay a sub for it

What game out there that you play that gives returns after you're done with it?

>f2p MMO model
You don't know what that means if you think FFXIV follows that model

got jsr and twewy vibes from that 2nd phase
youtube.com/watch?v=ms1_fL1eJ-o
was also a good one

FORWARD AND BACK AND THEN FORWARD AND BACK AND THEN GO FORWARD AND BACK UNTIL YOU WANT TO KILL YOURSELF

So if I'm understanding BLM/THM right, the optimal thing to do is grab raging strikes from archer and eye for an eye from arcanist?

>We're too egotistical and stupid to use the iconic naming convention of the Japanese version so we dumbed it down to suit our own tastes and made a HILARIOUS little short story defending our stupid decision and showing no respect for the game we're translating

I want Koji Fox to go away and never come back.

calm your autism user, it's just spell names.

I bet you get livid when people say pop instead of soda.

Is the PVP duel song new?.
I dont remember it.

Saving youself from getting blasted by that laser from that previous scene was so cool

The pvp song? Yeah it's new

He probably thinks the optional items are actual armors you use for raiding and stuff.

I recently played a bit of wow, and man the pve is bad in that game. It was hard to get used to the slow refresh speed on the abilities, but I prefer that over the spammynes of wow. As a track you only need to use some aoe, positionals and such don't matter. Everything is just chaos, and it don't matter of everyone is around.
And the story is so cringworthy bad. In xiv the character set least have a bit of an arc, and is overall story, while very final fantasy is told do much better.

Still sucks that a dude that haven't played for half a year can get il.229 in two weeks.

>Its just changing iconic spell names
>It's just giving everyone terrible shoehorned accents
>Its just renaming the title of an iconic group for the sake of an awful title drop (Knights of the Round > Knights of the Heaven's Ward)
>It's just mistranslating the backstory of a primary antagonist, turning her from a woman who wore a mask to downplay her gender and demand respect from her subordinates into a magic transsexual

All of these things only exist in the English version of the game. Final Fantasy XIV's English localization team is terrible and no one should ever defend them.

then by all means go learn japanese and play in japanese, this game does allow you to change text and voices in the options.

>Tfw I only understand 60% of what Urianger is saying most of the time

I mean, it's probably because English isn't my first language but c'mon...

I do already, but that doesn't change the fact that they should do their jobs better. They constantly show incompetence and a complete lack of respect for the game.

>'respect' for the game

user, it's Final Fantasy. They're not altering Hemingway, it's garbage for teens.

250k active players

75,000 active players in NA

game is deader than dead

this is so embarrassing and it happens every thread

someone makes an argument that your game is shit but you deflect by blogging about something that happened that nobody cares about

i guess when you only have 250k active players any human interaction seems exciting

You'll need quelling strikes too

Deus Ex
Dragon's Dogma
Witcher

I blame european pcmurstur hipsters

Wut?

every single active ffxiv player would have to make over 20 accounts to equal the amount of active WoW players

think about that for a second

Did we forget the op prompt?

You should always show respect when officially handling work that you didn't write. That's the responsibility of a professional translator. It's an editors job to change things. That's what they're paid for.

I did.
And while dd have some flaws, it's too much fun to hate on

Haven't played in a few patches, you tellin' me Alisae is finally back?

Spoil me, senpai

Play the story dammit.

Long story short? She's alive. Gets a change of clothes. New VO, is a kickass Swordswoman

The thought of so many Blizzcucks walking around is terrifying indeed.

>You should always show respect when officially handling work that you didn't write

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

There's a private PC server called "Nasomi" which has stopped at the 3rd expansion.

I wanted oh so desperately to like it but it kept getting in its own way.

It could have beeb fun, but a the op peompt sugggests, a lot of design decisions just killed ant chance ur had to be fun.

>quelling
>ever

Thanks

Yes World of Warcraft

>18 dollarydoos
Dare I?

SAY MY NAME!

>still playing this game just because you need another grindfest and WoW isn't in vogue anymore

Just because Squeenix spent more money the second go around doesn't mean you can undo 4.0

youtube.com/watch?v=vNm-t9eWSvA

It depends.
If you really want it but don't support cash shops in subscription games, don't.
If you really want them and don't give a shit about that kind of practice, do.

Yeah sure, pay for shit when you're already paying a subscription. It'll let them know to fuck your ass harder next time.

Be warned that the game was definitely made with consoles in mind, so the controls are incredibly obtuse. The best way to control the game is keyboard only. That and the server has a few NPC's disabled.

That and playing alone is really gonna make shit slog. The game really wants you to form parties with players you run into.

I don't mind grouping up with people. I just hope it's fairly populated.

This.

All you need is a macro that spams "WOW" over and over again when you pull aggro. Works just as well.

I might not actually.
The qipao doesn't look as good as I think it could/should in-game.

>just discovered gold saucer

I love this game

Good choice.
Novelty makes desire. You would've probably ditched it for a new glamour at some point anyway.

I've only done one of the new dungeons from the patch, but already it was so much more fun than ANY of the new content Wow had to offer.

I remember seeing that there's about 400 unique IP's on the server daily. With about unique 1000 IP's per week. You'll definitely see people, just don't expect the world to be packed

so like retail FFXI where it would take 10-15 minutes of running across a zone just to see one person

Have you discovered the collectible card game and the chocobo races yet?

Don't forget cactuar cockfighting

I prefer XIV but I gotta say, I'd really like to see them steal some of WoW's better bits.

I wish they'd give us number scaled versions of some content like Heroics and Mythics. It can't take too much effort to set up since it's already lazy as hell in WoW and there's no reason they'd have to drop their current dungeon content cycle. The two new dungeons have really cool mechanics but every group I've run it with has overgeared it right off the bat.

i like WoW's class design a lot too, every class feels really unique with the tools you get and every class has some fun toys to play with. The 3 button rotations are way too simple, but I think some of the XIV rotations are needlessly complicated. Popping 5 buffs before your opener is a lot of trouble, doesn't show any skill, and bloats your bars. I want MCH and BRD to be distinguished by more than aesthetic and a few choice buttons.

Unsurprisingly, Blizzard has their marketers here making smear campaign threads because the new FFXIV patch is better than the entire Legion expansion.

When you wear all the armor pieces you get a set bonus so yes.

>there will never be gear with nifty effects

I don't get why people play this shitty game either. It's a platform of rp/erp and for turbo autists.

Like seriously, none of the dungeons or trials are memorable, they're all boring as fuck and ultimately serve the purpose of being something to grind for items.

>none of the trials are memorable
You could not be more wrong.

>Best dungeons in FF
>Not memorable

Fuck the fucking fuck off

>none of the dungeons or trials are memorable,

>Nidhogg EX
>Knights of the Round EX
>Not memorable.

Go back to wow.

They're all boring, I've done them all. The game has little to no content and most of it is repetitive, the only appealing aspect of it is the community the majority of which consists of turbovirgin autistic roleplayers.

I was one of the first ones to clear nidhogg ex, shit's boring as fuck.

>>>Nidhogg EX
>>Knights of the Round EX

Literally which ones?
You see this game has very generic dungeons, its only appeal is that it's a simulator for rp/erp and all the players have some sort of Stockholm syndrome playing it.

Also, I've never played wow but I can imagine it's much less than a snorefest than ff was. At least wow was appealing enough to draw the attention of millions worldwide whereas ff is so gutter trash that its player base is pathetically small.

Get this, I played ff to replace the experience which I missed out on by having not played wow.

there's a book in the Gubal HM that explains the spell name changes.

also, FF1 spells were numbered

Knights of the Round is an excellent example of 'This guy are sick'. it does well as the name of an attack Thordan does

you are right on Nael though. shoulda just admitted their mistake

Fuck off Ema you're the worst Shirobako.

>none of the dungeons or trials are memorable

I genuinely could not laugh harder at this blatant denial of simple fact.

It must be pleasant living in that glass house of ignorance called your brain.

>FFXIV is a Final Fantasy game first and an MMO second.
lolno

don't compare the trash that is arr and heavensward's "storyline" to the glory of actual final fantasy games

even ff13's corridors and 2 hour cutscenes are infinitely superior than the abysmal storytelling in this dogshit mmo

>They're all boring, I've done them all.

Suuuure you have.

looks like I triggered some autistic roleplaying furries
shoo now, back to the quicksand where you can indulge in your degeneracy

As someone who loved a lot of FF games, this game has a really good story. Especially the Ul'dah/Crystal Braves arc, that was as good as anything else in the series.

>Especially the Ul'dah/Crystal Braves arc, that was as good as anything else in the series.
You're kidding right? ff14s story is complete trash and seems to me like it's entirely filler

The truth of the matter is that they're not, they're boring, they're not challenging, so forgettable. The game is structured in a way that makes it very casual and not fun at all (unless you like safe spaces but that's another story).
But if all that you play are easy mode J-RPG's, then I understand my man, it's memorable for you I guess.

>doing nidhogg normal for the main story
>one tank is literally afk
>three dps and one of the healers can't even survive to the add phase

I haven't seen a group this bad since the vote abandon for fucking bismarck normal

>That Thordan EX

Sure reward sucks nowadays, but that fight was SO FUCKING FUN.

Maybe if you only played up to level 40 or so. There is indeed a lot of shitty filler in the pre-Garlean stuff.

They really knocked it out of the park with Heavensward's story. It felt like a true FF adventure.

I was in that group.
Everyone left after the first attempt once people realized the 2nd tank DCed

>But if all that you play are easy mode J-RPG's, then I understand my man

I realize you're just acting retarded but I do find it funny when someone expect anything different from a final fantasy title, which pretty much invented the casual RPG.

I haven't played legion, but i did everything in ff except savage in less then 13 hours. My sub ends tomorrow and i'm not resubbing.

I got to level 60 on 3 different classes and got to ilvl 240.

It's a boring game, capiche.

You're outing yourself as a shitter that never even saw T5, T9, T13, or any EX fight when they were relevant.

>Doing Titan HM
>People are so shit it's just me and the tank left who hasn't been punched down

I'm just stating that it's not memorable for someone who played a variety of MMO's, nothing against FF or casual games.
How hard is it to grasp?
I see that all you have left are insults, enjoy them.

I ain't got a problem if you didn't like the game. Not like there aren't hundreds of thousands of other people to play with. Just wondering what people expect out of a final fantasy title.

My group made more than one attempt, so it couldn't have been you

But if there was a shitty monk as the sole surviving dps then he and I are kindred spirits

When FF steps up to the MMO genre, I expect it to up its game and improve on the elements that make it a non-challenging or non-competitive game, but it did not.
Therefore, in my opinion, it's not a memorable game at all, I might use it as a glorified IM to erp with people though, sure

male highlander or male dunesfolk?

>FFXI didn't keep all of its content relevant for 7 years or anything
Did we play the same FF11? There was a ton of shit that became became irrelevant after a few months that people stopped giving a shit about it.

There's quite a few things I like better about FF11 over FF14, but FF11 had a huge problem with neglecting older content.

Okay.

MMOs are pretty much casual bait from the get-go anyway. Not sure what you expect out of a genre that relies on grinding and stats for all of its 'challenge'. Guild Wars maybe had a bit of thought to it but that's about it. Play an FPS or LoL if you want some challenging e-sport garbage.

Stupid shit like the monster arena in Aht Urhgan, Moblin Mazes, and that PvP shit with the unspellable name don't really count because they were dumb side shit there for wasting your time. But low level NMs, Tu'lia, Dynamis, etc were relevant for years and years.

Is this the fat ninja yoship mocked at fan fest?

Therein lies the problem. There's a bit of cognitive dissonance going on if you "don't want to do the old shit again", yet want old shit to still be relevant past a few months. You can't have your cake and eat it too in that sense.

Highlander

You don't 'have' to do it.

>PVP with unpronounceable name
Diorama-Abdaljhis? Yeah, that shit was pointless as fuck. At least Pankration gave you zenny.

>muh respect for lore
You know final fantasy 1 had numbered spells just like that right

You have never even tried any of the actual non-story mode content in this game.

FF14 has some of the hardest raids in the industry. You know absolutely nothing about how the gameplay works in this game even at its most basic level in a hardcore raid setting.

Bosses have taken MONTHS to be defeated by any group in this game.

>calls fps and lol garbage
>plays ff
hmmm

>FF14 players can't handle similar games doing better

I think you're mistaking FFXIV players for WoWfags. WoWfags are the ones who get beyond triggered at the thought of a game competing with WoW.

>You have never even tried any of the actual non-story mode content in this game.
>more insulting
Okay man I'm glad to see that you have no point to make cuz you know I'm right.
Challenge is essential to every game, I don't what to play a boring safe space game.

BUY THE DRESS ALREADY YOU FUCKING VIRGINS

Then don't play MMOs, simple as that. There aren't any that will provide a challenge.

When did you start playing FFXI? I played from NA launch through Aht Urghan, and the content was pretty much all important. Even regular crafting gear, like Haubgergeon which is available at... 55/59?, were relevant at endgame / level 75, and I'm pretty sure I used the same rings I got at level 40 all the way up until I quit the game aside from macroing in situational rings. Expansions pretty much opened up alternative gear options or were a marginal percentage better than what you already had.

Do the 'expert' dungeons have to be so brain dead? Xelphatol was easier than the sunken temple of qarn normal mode.

Well Xelphatol is technically a story mode dungeon

Nigga people still die in droves to Titan HM.

agreed. played 40 minutes and it felt worse than most 90s platformers. no idea why /indie/ raves about it.

>Coke for the furnace

WHY YOSHIP... WHY?!?

You're both retarded.

I play most games for the challenge. I always play on the hardest mode, I never grind and usually run away from most enemies in RPGs to underlevel myself. I've beaten all the NES Mega Man games, I Wanna Be The Guy, DMC 1 and 3 on DMD mode, et cetera. And FF14 has provided some of my greatest and most rewarding challenges ever.

Just scroll through this and stop talking. All of this is one fight. The formatting on the page seems to be broken right now but whatever.

solitude.guildwork.com/_/a8s

It's an MMO user. At most the challenge comes from your 'team mates' fucking up the jumprope routine. Fuck off.

FFXI had the best horizontal progression I've ever witnessed in an MMO up to WotG.

They really did the first three expansions right.

I can't wait the beat the shit out of the twelve in the next expansion.

>I'm not alone I'm not alone I'm not alone
>Don't leave me
>WAKE UUUUUUP

It's a shame, I think the mechanics in Xelphatol and Great Gubal Library are really interesting for simple leveling dungeons but the numbers are scaled way too low for them to be any challenging.

Like forget the fact that most people are entering them way overgeared, following this patch any player that starts late is probably going to enter them with 260 catch up gear. It's only going to get easier as people hit the point that they can tank through mechanics.

my real question is when will fucking yoshida implement actuall helmets to a fucking tank armor set, it is always a gay ass circlet, im a fucking tank not a sailor moon

>$25 for FF14 + Heavensward
>remember I have 20% code from PLAY
>$20
Feeling pretty good. Downloading now

nice, you will have a metric ton of shit to do, enjoy it man, its a great game

How many patches until I get to fuck Alisaie in front of Alphinaud?

>what is glamour
There are plenty of helmets out there

Yeah I played wow for 1 year then quit, good thing FFXIV was around to keep my MMO itch satisfied

I remember playing the 14 trial with a class that had a pet. Archanist maybe? White Mage is looking pretty appealing. Got any tips to start off for a newbie?

Most players mark off helmets so they can show off their generic waifu.

>XI player thinks their dead game is good episode

Anyone got any images on the Chinese dress(female) leggings? Curious how they look.

I prefer full helms but I think they're intentionally avoiding putting helmets on core shit because it obscures the player and a lot of people turn it off.

Probably easier to make circlets and it meets half way between cool new gear and you know, not being there so people can admire their character.

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET THE NEW IMMORTAL FLAMES HELM? I NEED IT.

so if you don't get 3 in a row on your journal, you just keep resetting it until you MAYBE get it?

Your chances of 3 lines is lower than winning the jumbo cactpot. Don't even stress over it.

Helms look dumb on anything but Hyur and Roes because of the ears/horns IMO.

Arcanist has a pet. It can become Summoner, a DPS job with a pet or Scholar, a healing job with a pet. As for newbie tips go do the Hall of the Novice as soon as you can, it's marked with a sprout icon on the map in the areas its availible. Hall of the Novice will give you some good and cool looking gear in addition to a ring that increases XP gain by 30% when you complete it.

Not that user but what about two lines? I could get 100k MGP for completing 2 lines, that's pretty good.

I really like how full helms look on au ra, but boy am I confused how they wear them.

I got tired of FFXIV I'm on the 94/100 quest NEEDED to finally begin Heavensward and my sub ran out monday. The forced grinding just to get into the new are was fucking pointless and killed the game for me and this new update added garrison missions just showed to me that they have no clue what the fuck they are doing anymore and they will just continue to copy WoW. My fault to begin with I should have realized the game was a fat WoW clone to begin with really just disgusted with the games integrity.

Arcanist is the best starter class i think, unless you're set on tanking

You get to level up a dps and healer at the same time and they share gear sets until level 50.

>people hating things they don't do is a Cred Forums thing
Never had a job in the real world and dealt with other random adults, eh?

>crafter set with five guranteed materia slots

What sort of bullshit will I be forced to endure to get this I wonder

>currently play wow but want a game I can play comfy from my couch
>wife bought me a ps4 for bday
>want to play ffxiv but I want to join a static
To people play with ps4 peasants? Do I have to have my PC hooked up for voice?

Awesome thing is, no one knows what you're playing on.

People use discord for voice, there is a discord phone app

no, fuck that, thats lazy

Everyone's going to have a fenrir soon

You want voice for the same reason you'd want it in WoW. I'm not ready to get into the debate of which game is harder or better, but you definitely can't cruise through raid content the way a lot of people might lie that you can.

Whether or not playing on console is viable is debated but any static worth shit isn't going to care as long as you get your job done. I'd recommend starting on a higher population server just for more raid group density, but it might be worth noting that Jenova's community is mostly console players.

You can guess when someone is playing with a controller by the way they move.

>there are people who ride anything besides a Chocobo or the Witch's Broom for casters

You should probably go for the materia and sell it if your server's economy isn't trashed. 100k MGP is trivial to farm these days if you make any effort to do it, they gave Golden Saucer a massive buff not long ago.

That song is from 1.0, that's why it's good lol

The MGP and Materia are on different reward tiers, he can get both

more like
>there are people who ride anything besides birds and ponies
>there are people who don't even have a bird or pony

>decide to try out ast after a long while of sch
>all these people who dont even use their shields
>doing a9
>think I'll go nocturnal because he'll shield people right?
>doesn't even cast adlo, only physick
>fairy is following him and obviously on auto
>not a single deployment tactics

fuck these people, I'm going diurnal because nobody plays sch right

>riding those ugly ass fucking birds
>riding horses in a FF game

The fuck outta here

Bioshock infinite and anyone who liked that trash

>He didn't buy the Moogle mount at the mogstation.

>100k MGP is trivial to farm these days if you make any effort to do it
In what way? Challenge log ends up being multiple weeks

peasant detected
enjoy your shit smelling bird and awful music

Kinda like with people who make more than 1 glamoured outfit for their character or collect minions, I don't see the point. You can only wear 1 outfit at a time, ride 1 thing at a time, have 1 minion out at a time...

>Paying for Yoshi's castle

>he buys cash shop items

Motherfucker, do you realize that I quit this game after I did all of the 3.0 content and I can resub right fucking now and be caught up on gear in like less than 2 weeks. It's a fucking dumb game design. They literally just make shortcut gear with every iteration of new raid content. Just go fuck yourself. Sick of seeing people defend this shit when they could easily EASILY have some sort of progression in this shitty fucking game but they choose not to.

Yeah if you no-life or spend millions of gil you can catch up in 2 weeks. Fuck off.

Brooms don't shit or smell tho

>I can resub right fucking now and be caught up on gear in like less than 2 weeks
No you can't.
I tried it. Doesn't work. And in those two weeks 90% of the other competent players will have cleared whatever relevant thing you wish to clear yourself and you'll be stuck in a miserable limbo until the next patch, by which you had best have the maximum iLv or the whole process will repeat itself.

It's day 3 of the patch and already you've got people demanding clear experience/no bonus for SophiaEX.

Post local healsluts!

>muh progression

How about you enjoy the game at its core and stop playing if you don't enjoy it? I'll never understand people who will run any kind of content, as boring as it is, just to feel like they're "progressing".

>King Isma and Koltik Morrel the number 1 in the feasts are all parading in the duel arena offering 200k to anyone who win against them
To be honest I find those guys weird.
Like, 92% win rate? 100 win matches out of 108?
That just seems weird to me.
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ranking/thefeast/?solo_party=party

At least his solo ranking makes more sense.

This.

Broom is the only mount that actually feels good to fly on, because of the god tier animation. Chocobo is for not looking stupid on the ground.

The bigger the mount, the clunkier and slower it feels.

The amount of people i've already seen wearing it sickens me.

Because of space limitations later corrected on more advanced systems when enhanced ports came out, try harder, WoWfugee.

>He doesn't have the bomb mount

I've seen people spending hundreds of dollars a month on fantasias. Not surprising at all.

SE is JUST realizing how shit Americans are with money.

>The bigger the mount, the clunkier and slower it feels.
This.
>"Oh wow, I can ride this boat like a mount, that's so cool!"
>Mfw it feels slow as fuck and has a horrible sound

I'm on a JP server

I thought diurnal sect was the whm and nocturnal was sch

>Chinese dress

Going to reenact the rape of Nanking.

>b-but my storage limitations
What's your excuse for FF7 then
Nice false flag attempt though, you anger gives you away as the real wowfugee, how are those time gated quests coming along

>no goblins beast quests

When do I use mug as Rouge? Whenever its off cooldown? Or should I try to activate its ability as much as possible by final hitting?

>broom
>ever

You can't sidesaddle it, it's SHIT

You are wrong though, you don't even own a copy of the game wow friend

Don't be an autist, use it when it's ready unless the enemy is near death anyway
Also learn to use the right word

I like Pegasus mount from diadem

>GC platoons
>Copying wow
>Not copying FFT

Kek

To be fair, he did only say FF and not MMO's in general. The stuff you got one year ago in ESO is still perfectly valid, and the reason you want the new sets are because the set bonuses are fun.

That's every mmo for the past 10 years. Get over it faggot.

>What's your excuse for FF7 then
>stuttering
It was a shitty localization?
"This guy are sick"
"Aeris"
"Attack while it's tail is up"
It was storage limitations, deal with it every Final Fantasy after VII and all remasters used the standard naming conventions, I'm sorry you WoWfugees can't comprehend what Cura might mean.

>FORWARD AND BACK
>ON HER KNEES
>SONIC BOOM

what did soken mean by this

>reach first dungeon raid
>follow tanks lead
>stay out of aoe's, drop dps effects on every enemy before swapping out to help second dps or tank kill his target
>every now and then, break away to backup healer
>no one died and we made it through ok after killing a fish man
>run off in post mission time and see what happens if i go up to enemies we avoided now
>get slaughtered when a group of 8 simultaniously decides to slap my shit
>team mates dont rez, they exit and i get sent all the way back to uldah
i deserved that

I FUCKING HATE PALACE OF THE DEAD I JUSTVWANT MY PUNJABI WEAPON BUT RNG BULLSHIT REFUSES TO UPGRADE MY GEAR

IVE RUN THIS SHIT 1-50 11 TIMES REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>everyone after 7 used suffixes
Tell that to 9, it used numbers for spell strength and suffixes to indicate multi target
At least learn about the other games before you try to claim everyone else is from wow

>Got twintania last night
>it sucks ass
Smaller mounts are the best, as you said.
If I had ADS I'd ride that forever and ever but unfortunately I'm not willing to sit through 200 hours of some of the worst PvP in history with about extra 400 hours of queue time.

lol I got it in 2 runs.

>literally me

>he doesnt grind the weapon up to the 12-14 range on floors 1-10 first
I do that and afterwards I've only ever had to do a full 1-50 run 3 times at most to get the weapon

Cool thanks

Hell I've been getting weapon/armor increases past +25 just spamming rooms 1-10.

>Get to Edda
>Wipe

There is nothing more rage-inducing in this goddamn game

to be fair about Nael, there's no real way to do gender neutral pronouns in english that doesnt sound conspicuous and awkward. they might have found a better way if the reveal was conceived before hand, but it was kind of an asspull that the didn't really have a chance to prepare for in 1.0

What's with these "game is dead" shitposts?
I'm on Leviathan and there's people everywhere.

>wipe to Edda
Fucking how, the only mechanic she has is to look away from her when she starts casting cold feet

Wowfags are salty that their legion content is locked behind a one week long time gate, literally one real world week
Imagine if you wanted to do your next job story quest but couldn't until after you sent a retainer out on a week long mission, that's what wowfags have to do in legion

>odin statue being made
>no alexander statue though even though its the current raid tier

People literally healing her by hanging out in health in/out.

Thanks for this image. Mob Psycho is one of the best anime I've seen in years.

Census sites have an active players listing of roughly 250k.

Except the stats, as the sites publish, is derived from the amount of players that've completed the MSQ on the latest patch at any given time and collected the mini-pet that comes from each step. The sites basically check Lodestone for the amount of players who have each given pet to deliver the numbers.

People take this information and misrepresent it as the amount of total subs in the game, when a lot of active max level players in any given census don't bother completing MSQ and maybe half the regular playerbase hasn't reached cap yet.

Basically, in two weeks people will be posting about 150k players because the current MSQ unlocks nothing but a 4 man at the very beginning of it and isn't considered complete until you dump another 2 or 3 hours into it when the game is the most active it's been since the HW launch.

>Healers doesn't get Cleric stance in dueling 1vs1
>The only way to """win""" as a healer is to get on AST and survive until your opponent give up

Fuck you too SE.

I want a Ravana or Titan.
or a Goddess or Garuda

You mean 11

I don't know what the Japanese names were in 11, but there are like 14 fire spells so it's a bit different

Post your characters

I want to adopt Khloe

shitters gonna shit. If the healer dies or you have no healer and anyone dies and she's not close to dying it's most likely a wipe

I want to hot glue a Sohpia statue.

>implying you can make visually interesting characters
I have to settle for being a brown lizard.

Wait is that actually a character you can make? I didn't even know Elezen had an old lady face. Pretty much most of the female races don't.

No its a npc

Why are people so boring? Nearly everyone with chest piece skirts glamours their leggings into hot pants or something similar instead of good 'ol pantsu.

I want to commit a crime.

You know its bound to happen. People are truly desperate for subs and they announce it as 5 MILLION ACCOUNTS!!!!! (with less than 300k active characters across all dataservers)

>The Cred Forums FC on Ultros now has 2 groups that have cleared A9S.
What's your excuse?

My nigga

I cleared A9S with a pug, it's easy as fuck.

You should just kill yourself, honestly. You're useless and pathetic.

>Mfw that Aura guy npc with the purple coat in Idylshire actually wore the goblin mask now

There's some weird shit going on in idyllshire;
The Elezen mafia.
The Goblin cult.
A restaraunt owned by a guy wearing a pig head.

That place seems to attract nutjobs.

Is this a revolution?
Can we make it a revolution?

Where is the next step in the Elezen Mafia? Also Hanging man.

I hope some of these Hildy faces end up getting incorporated into the game.

That storyline ends in The Pillars, outside the Astrologian place.

I haven't found hanging man again yet.

The Hildibrand stuff was worth coming back for at least

So, anyone find the quest that was referenced by the false Griffon?

We apparently saved this guy and I can't find where.

It was one of the early MSQs, around lvl 27 iirc.

You don't remember?
There was a quest in Quarymill which was (maybe) part of the MSQ or a side quest where you needed to find some medications for some Ala mihgans.

South Shroud while doing the Little Ala Mhigo missions, 25-28.

Where is he at?
still walking in the plaza?

>White with a tiny bit of black theme.
>Tripple colored roses instead of the black one.
Fucking heal sluts.

Same thing in WoW.
>Holy shit we finally get fucking boar mounts!
>They run like they're on crack

>Holy shit, mammoths!
>They fucking bounce run because there's apparently no way to make them run in a good looking fashion?

It was also SE's first in-house localization instead of hiring Ted 'Son of a submariner' Woolsey, hence all the mistakes and general Engrishness.

Best miqitten

The moony eyes really works on her.

Thanks guys. It was a long time since I did MSQ.

Good call.

It's not quite to the extent that OP implies but I do question the sanity of everyone who says Wind Waker is the best Zelda. It's overworld is a largely empty ocean, its islands hold little content of merit and its dungeons are nigh invariably garbage, merely attaining mediocrity on a good day. Anyone who champions that game might as well were a glowing neon sign that reads "I value aesthetics over quality content".

So, Legion's first raid tier got full cleared within a day of the hardest difficulty opening up. I just mention it because the salt is through the roof and hordes of normal-mode casuals are whining that the tier is too easy and undertuned.

It's just funny how people are the same no matter where you go.

forgot this place was still saturated by blizzcucks

>restaurant
oh user, you're so pure and innocent

>Not even posting the best Miqitten.

what exactly is the difference between the cashmere poncho and ramie poncho?

Banished to the home for infinite losers.

dindu nuffin

Yes.

Anyone who enjoys FFXIV ARR is a neet weebshitter giving $15 for artificial friends and ERP and sitting in "housing".

The rest of the audience are people who still pay $15 to log in twice a week to play the endgame content the weebshitters think is too hard, and cry for nerfs/second tier hand me down gear because they can't do shit.

Also, bidaily shill thread.

Yoshi Lied
FFXIV Died

Everyone, casuals and hardcore alike, have been whining that the raids are too *hard* in FF14 for lthe entire past year though.

One can be dyed the other cant

No, he's in the Goblin's forge now.

>FF14 has some of the hardest raids in the industry.
not post-Yoshi
Also T5 was totally locked behind bullshit, groups were still doing the same thing after the "patch" that stealthily fixed it.

t. Someone who actually beat T5 in 2013 unlike you shitters who still play.

Still got the Minftits.

>My parents still haven't come back Carbuncle...

So-nic BOOM

doot

doot

DOOT!

>tfw when you realise that you go back in time during Alexander to save your past self from being killed by Alexander in the pre-fight cutscene

>skipped the cutscene so i didn't know what was happening when i saw a badly animated npc version of my self

>skipping cutscenes
the worst kind of person

The Alexander saga has been pure dog shit, why would I subject myself to it?

Would you do a fanservice raid?

Each turn all the way to 13 would be based on a Final Fantasy game in respect to the number.

Actually yeah, turn-based JRPGs in general. I used to really enjoy them but I think that was in spite of the gameplay rather than because of it. Now I just feel like the majority of the gameplay is just a waste of the player's time as they're forced to wander round featureless mazes being interrupted every few steps by trivial encounters, for which the main strategy seems to revolve around trying to discover how to end them in the quickest and least tedious manner possible because you'll never have to worry about them ever making a dent in your near-limitless resources or in any way threatening you.
Of course it's not so much that I feel angry that other people enjoy them or anything, more just frustrated that I can't see in them whatever everyone else does, and that their potential is being wasted, as I think with proper balancing there's nothing about their gameplay model which inherently prevents them from being fun.

>Miqo'te child calls my 7 foot, brown, mulleted Femroe cute
I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Just more proof that Miqo'te have the cutest kids.

>2 Quicktongue Vs out of POTD tonight, along with 2 minions and a furniture piece that's going for one million
>also 120 Scripture

This pleases my little Lalajew immensely

>turn 3
>just Cloud of Darkness again

Maybe i should do POTD. Then again there's maintenance in one hour so maybe i'll just wait for tomorrow.

Fucksake Urianger.

XIV is literally the only Final Fantasy i have ever played and honestly i wouldn't be opposed to it but i do understand why people would. Sometimes there can be too much fanservice and this game does try to have a self-contained lore.

hanging out with Ascians has fucked Urianger up

That's quite lewd.

he hotglued it didn't he

>tfw my friend complained about all the cool shit geared towards newbies.

With all the content it has and cool looking gear you can get it made me not drop it yet as hard as I did other mmo's.

The minions have some of the best written lines in the game.

>Wind-up Alisaie
>In an attempt to cover the financial losses suffered when creating three score thousand wind-up Alphinauds, the Crystal Braves treasurer took it upon himself to simply swap the mammet's hair bows and rebrand the dolls as wind-up Alisaies.

>60,000 wind-up Alphinauds
wow

>hated 2.0 knowing what it became
>still played it to 2.4 beating T5 regularly

>have the itch now out of the blue
>want to resub even though I know I will probably be disgusted, have to grind every class to 60 (???) now since I had everything at 50
>have to pay $10+15 to try again

FUCK IM HESITANT
anyone else still on Excalibur?

Also someone catch me up to what the fuck is in Heaveansward and what I should do if I DO pull the trigger.

I know I will probably be lost as fuck.

>Also someone catch me up to what the fuck is in Heaveansward

pretty much everything added after ARR is in heavensward

It has statistics that can customised in order to define your character and set them apart from others, along with your choice of equipment and spells.
It has freedom of choice, and consequences for those choices; you can attack and kill nearly any NPC, and are practically forced to deal with the effects of their death due to autosaving, along with other decisions that affect the plot.
It's nonlinear and allows you to travel to many different areas in various orders right from the start of the game, especially with the master key.
What fucking more does it need to be considered an RPG? The only big RPG element I can think of that it might be lacking is dialogue trees.

at this moment, 16 dungeons, 6 primals with associated Extreme versions, 12 stages of a Coil-type raid and accompanying Savage, 2 24-man raids

meant for

Meanwhile on my runs..
>three fire V and two water V

>Warcraft movie confirmed to have been shilled to death on Cred Forums and Cred Forums
>WoW threads here have a lot of people talking about the game in a very apologetic and phoned in way

The Bi-daily WoW threads are bigger shill threads than this. These threads exist just because XIVG is by and large worse than WoWG ever could hope to be.

But whatever. They can shit on XIV for being more of the same while blindly chasing a titanforged carrot on a stick gated behind 24 hour daily quests and garrison missions with a new coat of paint.

t. someone who was suckered into the Legion meme by a friend. A friend who is on suicide watch because Blizz ruined their class.

SERIOUSLY SOMEONE STOP ME

go for it user

it can't be a worse decision than when I caved and bought the GW2 expansion

>another maint

You're going to be disgusted within 30 minutes trying to get to Heavensward.

There's a stretch of story content inbetween that's way too fucking long and pretty much plays itself. You might be able to enjoy the story, but if you don't, then RIP.

I hated this shit in WoW so much. All the "big" mounts look absolutely retarded because they just aren't meant to run at 100% movement speed.

That's not true. Jumbo Cactpot is 1 in 10,000 chance (technically 3 in 10,000 now since you get 3 tickets).

There are 11,440 possible combinations of the book seals. 24 of those will result in 3 lines, which is about a 1 in 476 chance. Still not good, but a whole lot better than the Jumbo Cactpot.

14's story is more of an honest to god FF story (at least Heavensward's) than anything post 9. Discounting 11. In fact, it's sad the MMOs are the only thing carrying on FF's legacy since that shitshow 10 and on.

>People are actually excited for 15

Haurchefant is still dearly missed.

Aymeric is a top tier husbando too

all the good characters die so I'm convinced Aymeric is going to bite it before we go to muh Ala Mhigo

Chocobo on a Lalafell feels like I'm riding roadrunner, it's perfect.

What did she mean by this?

>Alexander has seen all possible futures and knows the absolute best outcome, but instead chooses to believe in us to create the perfect world

I wish I could have a lala sized chocobo as a minion.

>riding anything but Ahriman as a lala

She's up to scissoring with my WoL, obviously.

It killed itself bro.

Man, that'd be just cruel. Aymeric is pretty much the only reason why Ishgard feels like home now, the cities of the alliances can just go fuck themselves after that shitfest of a banquet. him dying would also completely fuck over the reforms in there, he's pretty much becoming the city figure head.

I don't mind it, I still don't remember shit from ARR

1.0's story was the only memorable plot of this game

I will probably be 100% stoned for all the fetch quests before Heavensward while watching movies/tv on my other monitor

what if trusting us IS the best outcome

Why does Alexander's ultimate move have him make a giant Z with a laser beam? It looks just like Zygarde's Core Enforcer from Pokemon. Is it a reference to something?

>muh maintenance

Because any scenario where Alexander intervenes eventually causes a Calamity because of the amount of aether it absorbs, so it decided the best thing to do was nothing.

if it stayed around long enough to guide everyone to the path of the perfect future, it would have destroyed the world in the process by merely exisiting. that was the whole point

No, I can't say I'm that petty.

no, I'm not autistic thus people liking things I don't like does not make me mad. why would nissan pay for spanish advertisements on Cred Forums.

He's already survived a couple of bullets and wasn't poisoned by his food either. He should be safe, for now.

That's what its attack looked like in its original appearances.

You might find this surprising, but all progress you make in any game is meaningless.

We were just about to kill the last boss when the maintenance happened.

No
It saw all possible futures and decided life was shit and sudoku'd itself into nothingness

>tfw your fem WoL has a crush on him.

surprise, alexander was zorro all along

So I've seriously gotten to the point where just seeing a cute anime girl in a image turns me on.

>Tfw you have a crush on him.

also he got shanked by a rusty knife too

>girl

God I fucking loved how suspicious the WoL was during that scene, refusing the drink and eyeing the butler.

>Cutscene shows emphasis on butler pouring drinks.
Those fuckers knew what they where doing.

No one from Ishgard is going to die anymore.

>Best Garlbro is back.
Can't wait.

>After Alexander 12, you find out Mide and her BF did find a perfect life in the past
>They founded the tribe called Hotgo

Hotgo lore:A tribe recently massacred by the Dotharl. The only members surviving are those who left the tribe to travel on their own and were not present during the killing. The Hotgo were known for their vibrant face paints which members would constantly change depending on their current mood.

>Mide's clan was almost killed off
>Mide is doomed to suffer always

real talk tough, is he the strongest FF character in history?, the fucking WoL is pretty much a walking god at this point

You're next.

>1(one) scene with WoD gave me more feels than the whole MUH LOVER Alex Raid story

Such is the life for dirty nomad lizards.

So do you think the primal server network manager is getting fired right about now?

You can still be killed. Then use your crystals of light to keep your soul from dissolving into the aether and turn into an Ascian like being

Hopefully he's on OUR side this time.

Midgardsormr at the height of his power could probably present a significant challenge

No this is.

>1(one) scene with a downscaled Kobold game me more feels than the whole MUH LOVER Alex Raid story

WHY DIDNT WE JUST FIGHT THE FUCKING GOBLINS AND KILL THEM INSTEAD OF RUNNING AWAY AND FIGHTING ALEXANDER 12 TIMES AAAAAAAAAAAA

NO
O

ASS
S
S

is there anything more satisfying than finishing a trial 30 seconds before the server goes down for maintenance?

>MUH EYES for the trillionth time

Jesus fucking christ will we be ever be free of Niddcuck bullshitery?

So why did it try to kill us before we even fought it?

Or did it know we were going to save ourselves and had to try to kill us to fulfill that 'propehecy'.

Can't wait til' A12s videos are released.

GA BU WHYYYYYY

>Traveling party in Ala Nhiggo is Alisaie, Nero, Alphinaud and Yda.

>We kept killing all evil until none of it was left
>We did everything we were told to do, why must our world suffer
>tfw

When can I play again?

i dno, if they do something interesting like having griffin use the eyes to become an aspect of rhalgr. That would be pretty amazing.

>We keep winning and now our world is on brink of destruction!

Seriously though. That shit gave me chills.

>The next set of primals are the Twelve.
I'd be down for it.

So if Derplander and his merry men are gone now(which sucks). Who will be the new derplander of 4.0 opening movie?

I highly doubt he's up to any good considering that he just found the fucking Omega Weapon. On another note, i really hope Alisae sticks around with us this time. I really love her character.

this game can really hit you with some shit when you aren't expecting it

You mean Alisae, Nero, Widgarfelt and Yda

>Become weak as fuck because Nhiggian's only complain instead of praying to Rhalgr.
>Get his not-Ilberd ass beat.

I have a feeling Alsiaie will be Alphinaud of 4.0

I don't think that will change

>229/240
>can't do my roulettes today

>WoD teased
>Job Ravana
>more teasing
>whisked away be Deus Ex Machina

What a fucking waste, also Urianger notb eing a traitor and now back to where he started, boring.

Griffin IS Illberd right?

>Widgarfelt

Shit, that fits too well.

That I don't understand. It was conceivably the only time in the whole set of raids we were actually fighting the primal itself and not one of the illuminati creations. So I don't know why it tried to kill us if it decided we were the hope of the world. Maybe it was just some bullshit "test" to make sure its predictions were accurate.

The story fight with them was pretty cool.

>The warriors of darkness use the power of the echo!

It was pretty dissapointing. When you boil it down the entire reason WoD is even a thing is to make Minfillia fuck off the story for an indefinite amount of time. Pretty wasted potential.

It's not confirmed but it's extremely fucking obvious.

I never did Coil because I'm a HWBaby but I was surprised how likeable she was. I kind of expected her to just be female ARR Alphinaud.

Widgarfelt is such a shit. But he is Ala Mhigian so I guess that makes sense.

oh fuck Im yet to do the main quests, urianger is not a fucking traitor?, figures SE didnt have the balls to go trough with that, I wanted to kill that fucking cunt

I think that would be too obvious.

Also, where were we in A12 exactly, what is Alexander 'Prime'. Is it literally the same as T13 and it's a metaphysical fightagainst his will incarnate?

I thought they were useful as a plot device. I never expected them to be an ongoing villain or anything. Now we at least know more about the nature of the XIV universe and what the ascians are really up to.

Pretty much, I think. I think we were "inside" the core. Either that or we were transported to a time where we were in that weird world and only Alexander existed.

>to make Minfillia fuck off the story for an indefinite amount of time

Sounds pretty good to me.

Jokes aside, yeah, they were indeed a wasted potential. But I do think that the one scene where they explained their motives was done very well.

Who knows, may be they will return someday.

Spoiler : Because this game doesn't have a "certain events happen at different times" disclaimer, they will NEVER kill or make a traitor out of any character that is involved with any sidequests. Krille, Yshtola, Alisae, Alphinaud, Cid and many others are completely immune because they are too important for certain questlines.

Is it wrong to sexually abuse man cats?

Tell that to Estinien. He didn't die but the whole DRG 30-50 storyline revolves around him in his pre-heavensward state.

So what, our world is reenacting everything they've gone through in ours till we finally meet the same fate or the opening movies of them mean jack shit?

Catboys are pathetic manlets and bring shame to the male sex so yes.

I think maybe it wast he only way for Alexander to fight us anyway, seeing as we were inside it.

>But I do think that the one scene where they explained their motives was done very well.

What does it matter when they get fucked off minutes after though? They literally did nothing but kill Ravana, then threaten us a lot.

>WoD died to save us from Minfillia

I'll never forget them

No.

Also the Genericlander in OP is out standin, not our whathisname Alpert. Notice we don't have fancy party like him.

How does soken keep doing it? I don't even play the game anymore but I still listen to the new music.

How is the game now anyway? I quit because the first alex savage raid was awful

I just want the hair for fuck's sake. One baby opo opo, 4 grade 5 materia, a couple glamour pieces and a gorillion fireworks later I'm getting pretty assblasted.

What hair?

one of the new hairstyles is only obtainable via the new treasure in PoTD

Fuck please tell me it's not Queens(?)' one?

It's gotten better every patch in regards to content and quality of life, but I'd consider holding off until we're coming up to 4.0 to resub. Nothing big has changed about the game so any issues you had with it probably still exist.

"samsonian locks" but yeah.

it can't be that rare, i got two of them with 5 bronze treasures, and i'm the unluckiest motherfucker on the planet

thanks for the spoilers m8

is doing coil for the 'extra' dialogue in the msq even really that big a deal

No.

>jump into ffxiv thread on Cred Forums a day after a fresh patch

it's your own fault. I wish I was memeing.

not a huge deal, but you should do it anyway cause the coil story is cool

Do you think they will introduce a new job class before the expansion?

user...

nope, yoship is a hack. It's 1-2 lines literally.

pretty sure it was mentioned that they're never introducing a new job between expansions ever again. Apparently ninja was an absolute nightmare.

They've outright stated that no, they won't be doing that.

pretty much everyone else has used spoilers itt

No but you should do Coils anyway. The cutscenes and fights make Alexander look like dog shit. Especially the cutscenes.

Derplander is from the future, so it will still be Derplander. Basically we're doing the exact same things as Derplander did, but in our world instead. The things that haven't been in Derplander CGI might not have occurred in his world like the Warriors of Darkness.

Why did we throw Nidhogg's eyes in the chasm again?

I wanted to keep one.

for future plot reasons

Because everyone forgot it was gonna be an Aether bomb and we had no way to dispose of it.

They were afraid Nidhogg would just possess the next dumb fucker to touch both eyes at once and were in a rush to save their grumpy buddy I guess

I have like 600 hours in the game and I've never once been inside a raid.

What went wrong?

>Being a fucking potato.
Just Fantasia into a proper race. There is absolutely no excuse in being a gnome.

Too much light.

They were too good at their job.

The face marking on the cat don't exist in game.

>edgelord cat use the boring face without war paint ingame

Too much winning. They're tired of winning.

they won too hard and hydaelyn a fucking garbo

>tfw the warriors of darkness probably had a better Alexander raid than what we got

Too much light you see.

>play AST because it's the only healing class I enjoy
>try gearing up
>other healers either just stand there and spam Cure or Physick, and don't forget those sick Succor spamming SCHs
>like, literally only spamming Succor, nothing else, no damage skills, nothing
What the fuck.