Well he does have a valid point Cred Forums

Yeah, there's a large disconnect between people who watch competitive gaming and real sports

one is watching real athletes the other is watching fast clickers

The communities are too different

I hope MJ buys an esports team.

But they aren't considered real sports hence the "e"

uncle tom faggot

That's why it's called e-sport instead of sport you dip nigger, doesn't mean it can't be competitive or you can't gamble on results.

He's already thrown more than enough money away on the Bobcats; he doesn't need to dump even more into his millions upon millions of dollars into some fucking Dota squad

>implying people murdering each other over messed-up or rare Jordans isn't a deeply-entrenched ritual of the african-american community

>He's already thrown more than enough money away on the Bobcats
Well at least he got the Hornets name back, so there's that.

unless i can walk into any clothing store in the country and pick up THAT pullover Starter jacket, he has failed.

Yeah, well tell Kang Niggerball his opinion is worthless and he can go fuck horsepussy with his 17" kang-size chocolate bar cock.

Black athletes completely dominate every real sport, e-sports are the only things white people can still compete in.

Who gets to decide what a real sport is?

>implying outsider validation is important
: )

except where asians do, which is all of them

this chart

I fucking hate competitive gaming. All games now have to be balanced perfectly and there's no room for fun of any kind. It's also brought out the worst fucking tryhards ever.

My nigga.

t. shitter

Nah man, winter sports are a white man's game

>competitive clicking
>games

lol

he is right
fuck esports and everybody involved in them

>watching substance-abusing niggers throw a ball through a hoop

I fail to see the appeal, unless you're gambling on the games.

well she does have a valid point Cred Forums

doesnt his investment company have 51% shares in Team Liquid now, or is that another tall dark dunkman?

Did you just make fun of a guy for having giant dick?

I think that was Magic.

Sports and Esports are the same, they are about games where fucking losers that don't even play the game they watch with them talking shit about how good other people are.

Yeah, that's why it's called "e-sports" and not "sports"

Stop being so insecure, Mike. Nobody is gonna think you're any worse at basketball because Infiltration can play SFV well

>sliding around on ice
>sport

Besides fighting games how can you possibly have fun watching stuff like Mobas where 90% of the game your not even fighting another player.

I was watching Quake a few months back and I really hated how the game favored running away, IMO rocket arena would be more entertaining.

k

oh right Johnson, not Jordan.

>Brazilians attempt at copying american feminism

there's nothing wrong with game balance but yeah the tryhards who are prospect elites in rocket league are hilarious.

This, I find it hillarious every time Cred Forums's ""experts"" claim to be better than real pros. I remember seeing a thread once where a guy was trying to convince us that Daigo Umehara was actually a very shitty SF player and this was before he lost that exhibition match to Lupe Fiasco.

>linemen
>fat standing still
>sport

Fighting games and MOBAs are the only things worth watching in my opinion. FPS is the shit that is really stupid. I caught a bit of that Overwatch tourney last week, that shit was so dumb to watch.

>real pros

user I have some news for you...

but watching a bunch of fat asians buying mystical horns and equiping mana potions in order to last hit a champion makes sense to you?

see this is why youre retarded. sports are easy to understand and bring out that primitive competitive nature in all of us.

e sports is watcing a bunch of faggots sit on computers playing retarded kids games

and the only reason people are "investing" in e sports is because of all the kids / teens / autistic adults throwing their money away at it.

e sports is just $$$ to the people buying it.

>tfw best friend had the hornets jacket, i had the magic one
we were fly as fuck

>fast clickers
that's no way to talk about black people

They shouldn't be called sports at all. Attaching e to the front of it doesn't make it less wrong. Basketball is both a game and a sport, but chess is only a game and not a sport. Does that mean chess isn't a challenging mental exercise that takes as much strategy and practice as a competitive sport? No it doesn't so why the fuck is it a big deal. They aren't fucking sports, they are just competitive games.

Anyone want to join my b-sports team?

>people said that guy was a shitty player
>he proceeds to lose

i don't know what you're talking about but you're not exactly making a good case for "you need the skills to be able to evaluate the skills"

Just because you brainlets can't play games doesn't mean that they are not sports. Are you going to say that Chess isn't either, you mongoloids?

If it at least involves physical exertion and skill and at least 2 teams competing, then it's a sport.
Anything else is just a competition like chess or darts.
Why is this debate even a thing?

These fucking autists and their definition of the word sport. Its literally competitive video games and its easier to call it e-sports than try to make a new word for it and have some halfway adoption of the term so it becomes jargon.

Watching let's players and normal skill level people is fucking stupid, you can just play the game yourself at that point. E sports and real pro sports are supposed to be the top skill level and I guess people can have reasons for watching, but I tried watching some pro CSGO and it was so dull.

As much as i dislike E-sports and what surrounds it im honestly hard pressed for reasons it shouldnt be considered a sport, or at the very least competitive in nature.

>These are just games! you play them for fun!
I mean, Basket ball, Football, Volley ball, those were all just played for fun, some where along the line these gained a competitive following

>theres no physical activity involved! your just clicking/ pressing buttons/mashing on a stick
things like poker and chess are considered a sport, they dont require physical exertion, even if you dont consider them a sport they both are played for money and people invest time into figuring them out

Am I wrong Cred Forums? Am i missing something?

>but watching a bunch of fat asians buying mystical horns and equiping mana potions in order to last hit a champion makes sense to you?
I never said it did you fucking retard, don't put words in my mouth.

>that mans statement is more valid because he is famous for this one thing

Shove your celebrity cult into your ass.

c-sports for the win

FPS is seriously not made for watching. Jerky camera aside, it's too difficult to get an overall picture of what's actually going on in the match due to the maps.

This is correct. Gaming is not a sport. It came be competitive but it doesn't count as a sport.

Wait, people unironically think e-"sports" are sports?

>It's a guy who made millions throwing a ball into a hoop over and over again comments on other people's forms of entertainment episode

Heh

If you get paid to do something, you're a professional. I mean, Billy Herrington is a professional homosexual.
He's a guy that's won many world championships. When this comment was made, he placed first in some tournament and a guy was saying it was all luck. Now, if he said this after he lost to some rapper, I'd find the comment more fitting, but this was stated when the guy was actually winning.

If chess and cards are considered a sport then videogames should too.

>real sports

they're not. thats why the 'e' in e-sports is there.

how do ppl from both camps struggle with this concept so much.

>e sports is watcing a bunch of faggots sit on computers playing retarded kids games

it's not real games but you are mostly right

Fuck, someone told me I was a faggot for not watching/liking the nba, when the last time they played basket ball they were a kid, but I played one recently just with friends.
Sports as entertainment is largely for losers that have 0 involvement of the sport in their life

Only American football or basketball and both of those are shit.
When's the last time you've heard of an African team winning some sort of championship besides maybe cricket?

>sports are easy to understand and bring out that primitive competitive nature in all of us
So sports are for borderline sub-humans and esports are for people, thanks for clearing that up.

I don't think anyone considers esports to be a sport. Maybe a game, and in my opinion it is definitely competition, but I've never seen anyone, even my friends who watch competitive league and shit, consider esports on par with actual sports.

Aight nigga dem vidcon gaims r fo de craka nerds lmao

>pros
>profession
This is what pro actually means.

shtting on basket ball in a e sports are retarded thread implies that you're on the e sports side you fucking mongoloid

Basketball
>requires coordination to get the ball into the basket
>requires reflexes to not get the ball stolen
>requires thinking so you know when to pass the ball
>requires physical capability to dribble the ball and weave in and out of the opposing team, if you break anything, you're out

E-sport
>requires coordination to defeat the opponent
>requires reflexes so you kill the enemy first and not just constantly respawn like a noob
>requires thinking since zerg doesn't always work
>requires physical ability to click the mouse/keyboard, if you break and part of your arm/hand, say goodbye to your career

The only difference is one has more free time than the other. That's what probably assblasts people the most.

According to people who have met Michael Jordan, he's a complete dick.

>he does have a valid point
Why is this allowed? He literally has no point, he's just making up shit because of his own opinions and/or feelings.

>NO U

>Well he does have a valid point Cred Forums

I'll tell you what he doesn't have.

A dad.

t. fat autistic manchild.

I wouldn't call e-sports sport but I'd also not consider American sports sport either.

Both under entertainment.

>Does he have a valid point

He doesn't have a point, just a really bad analogy. We get it, Mike, you grew up on the the streets throwing a ball into a hoop, quite literally, like a trained monkey.

Phew, am I exhausted. Hopefully I can recover my strength before I go to the gymn in 37 minutes.

>If you get paid to do something, you're a professional

prostitutes are not pros, They are just whores.
your argument is invalid

they it should be called F-Sports (f= fake)

>sports are easy to understand
If you grew up watching/playing them and know all the rules already.

how the hell can you a game of mostly jungling\laning and consider it worth watching? that shits boring as fuck.

Pro-tip: Both are retarded

But watching a bunch of intellectually challenged jocks throwing or kicking a leathery sphere in order to hit a rectangle or basket makes sense to you?

See this is why youre retarded. Videogames are easy to understand and bring out that competitive nature in all of us.

sports is watcing a bunch of faggots mindlessly running after a ball playing retarded kids games that even 5 year olds easily understand

and the only reason people are "investing" in e sports is because of all the autistic couchpotato sport fan manchildren throwing their money away at it, despite not even playing the sport themselves.

Sports is just $$$ to the people buying it.

Fixed

Technically, he's right. They're not sports, as they require such minimal "physical exertion".

So what's a word we could use for an activity that requires intellectual exertion?

>inb4
>e-sports
>Intelligent
>Costanza.jpg

He is right. Real sports are different from e-sports. He is also right with his a analogy, he's an sport celebrity and the queen of England is royal celebrity.

The question is, why everyone gets mad about it? Is just a term applied to different stuff.

Clicking a mouse doesn't require physical exertion.
Yes of course it requires you to physically click the mouse but you're not exerting anything.
With your backwards logic, we're all competing in a sport since we're all physically doing something.
MLG is a competition, not a sport.

>If it at least involves physical exertion and skill and at least 2 teams competing, then it's a sport.
That means faggot shit like soccer and basket ball are sports.
A sport should require contact, to some degree. Otherwise you are just dancing around like a cheerleader or a faggot.

>>requires coordination to defeat the opponent
>>requires reflexes so you kill the enemy first and not just constantly respawn like a noob
>>requires thinking since zerg doesn't always work
>>requires physical ability to click the mouse/keyboard, if you break and part of your arm/hand, say goodbye to your career

Pc gamers everybody. Retard as usual

are you being serious right now?

hockey = get puck in net
football = get ball in net
basketball = get ball in net

Man, the Olympics used to be for amateurs, I hope that one day my special skill will be in the Olympics.

> the other is watching FAT clickers

At least, some gross overpounded kids can be athletes

Dota is boring as fuck. League isn't as bad.
I actually find HotS the most entertaining because there's something big happening every minute.

>prostitutes are not pros
Never heard that thing about the oldest profession in the world? Drop the retarded act

I still don't understand how football and baseball work desu.

Everything is so silly.

I hope you're baiting

There's a ton on going on that you're completely dismissing

>Never heard that thing about the oldest profession in the world?

You mean professional liars like yourself?

You could make the same retarded simplification for esports:

street fighter = beat up the other guy
lol = destroy the other team's base

> intellectually challenged jocks

i can tell just by you typing this that you got bullied in school

i only "like" e-sports because they consistently make people mad for some reason. never even watched them.

Can't argue with the retard anti e-sport cult. Videogames can't require skill, physical exertion is the only metric by which a sport can have merit, fat virgins, dexterity based on pressing buttons is irrelevant, etc.

Nice argument, seems like i was spot on and stroke a nerf

>he thinks that someone unfamilliar with some faggy moba wouldn't be equally as dismissive

you just [insert goal of mobas here] i really don't know. there's creeps right? so is it like a tower defense game where you want the creeps on your side to get to the other side?

Your argument is so retarded it's like I'm talking to Hillary

>PC KEKS REALLY THINKS THAT THOSE AUTISTIC KIDS ARE ATHLETES

this chart is wrong, athletics and gymnastics are sports

nice rebutal

>fags arguing over an already standard term
Cry all you want, esports is here to stay.

>wow sports are hard!
>but i can remember how many wizard dicks it takes to cast my magic spell and my 30 talents!

In traditional sports, you get sweaty, in 'e-sports' you get a sweaty arse.

>clicking like a retard
>skill
There is nothing to refute. It's pure autism

>this chucklehead faggot is so ass blasted because some black guy said videogames aren't a real sport
Hey I can gamble on Mic Vic hound events too, but you really can't call it a sport.

Play single player games and stop being a faggot

Protip there are still Pac-man and Donkey Kong tournaments

Real sports require athleticism, talent, and hard training

the most successful esport is fucking League of Legends and that doesnt even require thinking

>I was just pretending to be retarded

I don't know what you're trying to say

I'm arguing that actual sports are way more complex than just "put le ball in le net"

>seems like i was spot on and stroke a nerf
???

i think you may just be a butt hurt manchild. e sports is for fags, sports are for men. simple as that

If E-sports are games then Pachinko should be considered a video game machine

Sadly, there are competitions on console too. Never heard of Smash Bros, Call of Duty and Street Fighter? Oh yeah, that's true, you're an unculturated piece of shit, my bad.

What do people mean when they say they're not real sports? If they were real sports, they'd be called sports. eSports just means competitive gaming, that's it. People need to stop going into conniptions about the word and comparing to the word sport. It's a catchy buzzword

They aren't sports. There is no debate to be had. Even if you call them that, it's a dumb term because it's fundamentally wrong.

Why dont grab that easy money and become a millionaire for "not even thinking" then?

You're thinking about contact sports.
Still sports, just a sub category.
Wrestling, football, and rugby are contact sports.

i wanna see you make money by "clicking like retard"

>overpounded kids

I pound my daughter as much as I like good sir.

Sports
>Training on the field to be the best at what you do
>Gym to be in physical peak

Esports
>Sit on your ass all day and eat hot pockets more than other people
>Sit on your ass all day and eat hot pockets while yelling at a screen

They should not have sports in the title regardless.

MOBAs are technically racing games but rather than racing on a track you race via grinding AI mobs on the 1 map the genre is allowed to have in order to gain an unfair numerical advantage over your opponent and win because you grinded better.

Both require intelligence. Basketball requires you to be a master of projectile motion, read about it, the theory for ideal cases is pretty easy to understand but basketball players doesn't have the time (obviously) to do the calculus during a game.

In other hand, e-sports requires to be a master of the gameplay mechanics.

This is only considering one of the many topics involved on the games.

They used to have medals for architecture in the Olympics.

I stress "used to" though, and this question that's floating around about people playing video games being called "athletes" or not is fucking stupid. Of course they're not athletes, and if I were an athlete training hard to compete against the greatest physical specimens in the world I'd take it as an insult.

People used to be ridiculed for playing games, it should have stayed that way. It doesn't make you a special snowflake.

there are competition about eating 10 burgers in 10 seconds so what's your point?

drug dealers make money by selling powder and herbs so what's your point? if I compete with another drug dealer I'm a gamer?

>sports are for men. simple as that

Thats why 99% of autistic soccer/basketball or football fans dont even play those games themselves and are loosers that have to identify with their "home team/player" to feel like they achieved anything in their life?

HERE TO STAY

You're talking about a man who would get violently buttrustled if he even heard the word "nigger" said in his vicinity.

There is no democracy with these people.

hottest meme of like 4 years ago

*ground

because i have a real job and the game fucking sucks.

Cheerleading is a sport because to be decent at it requires physical activity.

>MOBAs are technically racing games but rather than racing on a track you race via grinding AI mobs on the 1 map the genre

>competitive players don't practice
>map control doesn't exist

I want people who have no idea what they're talking about to shut up.

see i'm saying mobas are harder than just kill the other guys. your argument is retarded because it could be used either way.

my post or the post about contact sports.

I was just saying that his exaggeratedly negative and uninformed opinion is clearly meant to 'bait' replies from people.

Except 10 meter air rifle which is an Olympic discipline and makes null your point.

Its literally standing, aiming and pressing a button. You dont need stamina or strength, even women can do it.

> there are competition about eating 10 burgers in 10 seconds so what's your point?

So what's your point about your initial "PC KEKS"?
Oh yeah, i forgot, you have said some cool MEMES, so funny m8 :D XD

yea lemme control this part of the map, i wanna grind in it. fuck yea

That doesn't make it correct

Well i bet your "real job" earns you way less money than that "fake" job would.

So what defines what a real job even is?

Is chess a sport?

>So what defines what a real job even is?
something you dont have

Pachinko is a video game machine
>Has a player interface
>Has losing conditions
>Involves heavy RNG mechanics
>Has the audiovisual part of video games
The only difference is that Pachinko is used for gambling.

that whooshing sound you heard was the point of my post going over your head.

also, google 'irony'

furthermore, I agree with your opinion, hence my ironic *-sports posts.

I hope something wonderful happens and all your dreams come true

Actually your support player should do all that for you. Late game heroes do shit in the late game.

But you don't know that because you're here to shitpost.

I agree but I don't like sports

If it doesn't take up all your time and doesn't make you want to kill yourself in the mornings it's not a real job.

I bet youre little baby noodle arms couldnt even pick up an air rife

Nice argument.

But what to expect from a retard whose most challenging task is cleaning dirty toilets

>race
>no physical exertion
>not using cardiovascular system or muscles

What? This chart is retarded.

>become a millionaire
> A MILLIONAIRE

> LOOK MOM, I WAS IN MY ANNUAL MOBA COMPETITION AND WON $5000! SO COOL! THEY WILL LAST ALL THE YEAR WHILE I STAY AT HOME TRAINING AT ESPORT! I CAN'T WAIT TO WIN ANOTHER $5000 THE NEXT YEAR! ESPORT MAKE ME LIVE MOM! THANK YOU FOR GIFTING ME THE BASEMENT MOM!

I'm not saying they aren't? I thought the original post was just stating that real sports are super simple and easy. For the record, I think competitive gaming actually does require skill. It just doesn't require physical exertion like real sports. I think esports is a bad term just because I don't consider it real sports.

Competitive gaming is a much more accurate term, but still, it obviously requires people to be actually good at it.

No, it's a game that can be played competitively. Basketball is also a game that can be played competitively.

Why does the word sport exist?

thats the issue. these hot pocket fags always need an intellectual explanation for thing when the answer is common sense

>why are e sports made fun of?
because its full of fat retards who click at screens
>why are sports accepted?
because its full of people who train physically for years and compete with others in peak physcial condition

its not fucking rocket science

>but muh muh dumb jocks muh muh smart
these jocks are probably smarter than most of you. I dont see how playing competitve colorful kids games = intellectual. yall are just sad

also the coordination required in real sports is insane. you dont just become good at high level football

HERE
TO
STAY

people always confuse the term

competitive games are sports

competitive games are not athletics

But they're not considered real sports, they're considered e-sports.

Typical nigger who thinks his ability to throw shit through a hoop means his opinion means something.

Nobody knows what they're talking about and we're all fucking idiots.

>If it doesn't take up all your time

I dont think they use more than 8 hours per day for it, which a regular job does too.

>doesn't make you want to kill yourself in the mornings it's not a real job.

Highly subjective
What about high earning managers, that get burnout syndrome? Is that not a real job?