Rainbow Six: Siege

It's been almost a year lads, is it worth picking up? Is the community still going? Is it still popular?

Bigger now than on release

where's the cheapest place to get it?

It's dope. Buy it.

ACOG's: The Videogame

Seriously though I'm getting tired of arbitrary attachment limitations. Also obviously tired of the ACOG being insanely good in a game usually based in very close quarters. It needs sway while you strafe or something, slightly decrease its ability to dominate every range but point blank.

Yes, yes and yes.

I only picked it up a couple of months ago and I've definitely seen an increase in players since then.

Also let's get this shit started, post your mains

>Attack
Fuze
IQ
Thatcher

>Defence
Bandit
Mute

>Attack
Sledge
Thermite
Blitz

>Defend
Rook
Kapkan

>Attack
Sledge
Twitch

>Defense
Rook (Cautious to play him with that gay ass bug still in)
Caveira
Mute

Uplay store, or steal are phxsical copy from walmart

cheers, just got it for a solid 10 quid off the uplay store

>tfw nowhere cheap to buy the fucking season pass except steam summer sales for 50%

>acog
>insanely good
Arguable. I see people get destroyed for having an ACOG a lot cause they can't see shit or can't react fast enough to a dude flying past their screen. I run ACOGs on characters I know I'm using for picking off dudes.

people actually put stuff on their guns in this game? huh

i can one tap from the hip with the baseline mp5 so i never considered ADS attachments

The game is the best its ever been right now, but its also an overload of nitrocells and roaming players. They are implementing things to counter it, but its still pretty common. Its a good time none the less, favorite shooter of the year.

Did they fix the horrendous latency and hit registration issues?

If not, it can suck a dick.

yep, yep, and yep.

OP back again, just noticed I can install the base game or the base game plus the ultra high hd textures, which double the file size. Is that worth it?

maybe. its one of those games where all the AO and bloom and post shit just gets in the way of clicking on bad guys, so everyone tends to play on low settings, but having decent textures won't hurt if you have plenty of vram.

Blackbeard simulator

Not since his nerf

Played it like crazy on release. Trying to get back into it now.

>Attack

Thatcher
Thermite
Sledge

>Defender

Rook
Jager
Valk more and more but haven't got close to mastering her outside camera throws but I've been getting plenty of clutch moments with her.
Tips on how to go about it? I'm scared of being sniped at the start or throwing useless cams

I'd love to play different attackers for once.
Thatcher and Thermite just seem too useful though.

>character who can't be one hit killed in a game about one hit kills
>nerfed
Can't be nerfed. Its like having a racing game where all the cars are the exact same speed, but one car is faster than all the others.

Posting best girl

>In a game about getting one hit kills
You're completely right we should also remove blitz, Montague,Fuze and the starter character because I cant get one shots on them >:^(

They have pistols. Blackbeard has an assault rifle. And he makes no noise, so there's no way of telling if he's coming or if it's someone else.

>They have pistols
and shields that cover their whole body plus the French one has a revolver
Black beards shield only cover his head from the front and it now breaks in half a mag from any gun
>No noise
Everything in siege makes sound except cavieras silent step

does my spotting devices show up on team mate's hud? i try to back up the pointman but they run into shit anyway before disabling it. i use my mic too but in EU you cant be sure of language etc.

No, only radar pings and camera marks show up for team mates.

Nah, they actually nerfed the shit out of his shield. It can actually break now, instead of tanking out like 800-1000 damage to break.

>Attack
Fuze
Ash
Thatcher/Thermite if it's hostage though.

>Defense
Almost always Rook.
Kapkan/Frost/Smoke if someone else wants to play Rook.

Is this game any fun? The only thing I've played in the past that even comes close is the multiplayer of The Last of Us. I love that fucking online mode to death. Will I like Siege?

>spawn killing is still rampant
>matchmaking is the worst I have ever seen
>somebody leaves every match

If you can get used to the bullshit, its a pretty alright game. At least battleye is doing a damn fine job.

Blackbeard is a 1 speed operator with his shield deployed and only has 2 armour versus 3 for other shield ops, he's too slow to make a good pointman and is only really combat effective when deployed on a row of windows that he can rotate through, you'll always hear him rappelling up, tear out a side/basement door during the prep phase, listen for the rappel and he's easy pickings.

Alternatively, you can prone directly on where he usually rappels with a shotgun and blow him away the moment he knocks a slat out

Nothing at all like it, it's more like CS but with a lot more teamwork.

>spawn killing is still rampant
Literally your own fault for not droning properly, the entry team should always expect to take fire on approach.

Partially. There's still a lot issues, specifically with players from other countries. Obviously.

t. copper with 0.8 overall k/d and 1.4 BB k/d

>this is what spawnkillers actually believe

Not at all similar to TLoU
A R6 themed BC2 meets CS is the best description.

It's a lot of fun if you like outwitting your opponents and making good plays.
It's also great if you like being in that 1v4 situation.

I'd rather play Fuze and perform a russian hostage rescue

Imagine CoD search and destroy but actually good

Spawnpeekers are free kills for any competent team.

I got 600 R6 credits from the season pass
what should I buy

I'm a gold rank 2
But I haven't played in a month or two

What bug?

A cool Helmet or buy the new Jap operators when they come out

season pass means I'll get them immedietly right?

stop saying lads you double nigger, I know who you are

yeah, buy a helmet for your fav op

its definitely not worth the install time. the game goes from running well to lagging horribly, plus the install is huge

1. If the armour bag is destroyed while rook is picking up armour he can no longer crouch or prone for the rest of the round.

2. If you place armour anywhere inside the coastguard office and someone reinforces one of the walls then the armour will be destroyed.

Community is currently growing. Ubi has been dropping some good updates recently. Good amount of content and delivery timing is perfect imo,

They just need to fix hit reg as it has gotten shit again since last patch. Also ranked system needs some adjustment.

What do you want to see in its possible sequel?

Bought it a month ago because friends were urging me to get it, and its easily the best shooter I have played in recent times. I love how tactical it is. That being said it has a learning curve ad you will get crushed a lot in the beginning, but once you learn the map's chokepoints and whatnot and not rush guns blazing you will truly love the game.

more guns, and possibly more customizable operators

>Attack
Twitch
Sledge
Ashe

>Defence
Jager
Smoke
Bandit/Frost - rarely have to play.

>Attack
Buck
Blackbeard
Ash

>Defend
Castle
Valkyrie
Smoke

They just added a bunch of barrels. I hope they add new scopes.

I have almost enough renown to get one of the dlc operators, which one shod I get first? I was thinking frost.

>Team yells at me when they see I'm a lone Fuze right above the hostage
>They start a vote to kick
>It's too late
>I Fuze directly on top of the hostage
>The pellets bounce all around him but not on him and kill 3 defenders
lmao

Capitao or Valk

I want to see GROM in year 2

Yes.

Literally the main thing Ubishit needs to fix is the godawful hit detection. I've been shot point-blank through shields before, fuck that.

frost is fun to be cheeky with. If you're talking pure tier list stuff then Capitao or blackbeard

Yes

Do I use Capitao's M249 or his FAL thing?
I like how they both sound

Never use LMG's

frosts guns are pretty good the ability is also nice, blackbeard is also really strong with that fucking shield

How about they just keep updating the current game?

>£10

Uh, pretty sure that's the starter edition which makes you grind for 30 hours to unlock anyone

Nah mate gives me like 1000 rainbow six points and shit to buy a couple operators and maybe a dlc one idk

Did it ever even go for 50%?
Still a bit of a push considering what it offers...

>imagine being held hostage in Russia
Attacker Smoke when?

It's not that bad since there's 2 OPs on sale every week. I got the starter edition when it first showed up and managed to get like, 5 or 6 OPs (plus the ones you unlock for free) in arround 20 hours.

whicever one you like better. the para does the most damage of any assault rifle

Really? Guess that's not too bad

>tfw Buck's DMR is probably hit harder and faster than Glaz's rifle now
Glaz need buff

>Attack
Thatcher
Buck
Ash

>Defence
Kapkan
Pulse
Rook

If you play anything but the SEALs get the fuck off my board.

Yeah, pretty manageable if you use the booster you get from Uplay, do all the situations, watch the tutorials, etc...

More customization and completely customizable operators.

>join ranked
>someone picks Valk or Beardie before i do
>"well, better quit and deal with the cooldown, don't want to be see poorly by the random people on that one nepalese avant garde cave paintings chat room."

kys.

Capitão. I've seen him burn the hostage plenty of times with his bolts.

(you)
>>>/offmyboard/

Terrorist variants of the uniforms.

remove tatchanka

thats a weird way to type capitao and caviera

Anyone know how popular this is on the PS4? It's on sale for £19 but I don't want it to be a ghost town online

Well, here in the usa, i always get matches under a minute

God damn shadbase is terrible

>Attack
Thermite by far
Sledge or Ash

>Defence
Smoke
Jäger
Rook/Mute

>Attack
Recruit

>Defence
Recruit

anyone here intentionally lower graphics for ranked games?
I hope you guys don't do it

I have to because for some reason I lose fucking 40 - 50 frames on fucking boat. I have no idea what setting affects this.

>Attack
Ash
Sledge
Buck

>Defense
Rook
Doc
Bandit

Shotguns all around