Whats a perfect class/build/leveling up to become a great magic swordsman? Swords is the focus...

Whats a perfect class/build/leveling up to become a great magic swordsman? Swords is the focus, but i want to know decent magic?im fairly new to dark souls

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=dark souls weapon scaling
darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Weapon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just make Giant Dad.
Become a legend.

Idk why i lol'd, caught me off guard, ohh user.

Starting class doesn't matter, just choose the one that had higher stats of the ones if you want.

Level up health, endurance, strength/dex or both depending on weapon, and intelligence

Should i level up with a ratio? Like focus on dex, then endurance etc. Also what are good swords? I want decent attack with decent speed, im not trying to be a power house ya know?

Dude, magic is for fags. It the most boring thing ever.

You could go straight INT and use Great Magic Weapon on your sword. Just get the minimum STR/DEX requirements for your weapon and the rest in INT. If you don't want to have to buff your weapon like that, you can infuse it with Enchanted so it will scale with your INT.

just go full dex mode. Use Swag sword and pyro. Ez

Magic isn't prominent, just wanna use a couple spells, im new to this game so like a fire ball, bolt of lightning? Something that would be useful

Interesting, would this character be useful? Ingame?

Yeah. That style of spellsword was what I did on my last DaS3 character and it was fun. I did an INT character in DaS1 with an enchanted halberd and he was probably my favorite character I've made in that game.

Pretty much anything is viable in Dark Souls.

Awesome! I made a character to play darksouls to get a little feel for it before i make this character, anytips? Advice?

Your build doesn't matter. Tbh, stats don't even matter much. It's all about scaling. Once you understand scaling, everything goes smoothly.

Level INT to the softcap while leveling HP, endurance and STR/DEX when needed. Only level STR/DEX when you need it to equip a weapon and no farther. Then reinforce the weapon or enchant it; turning it into a Magic weapon will add INT scaling to it.

Whats scaling, and soft cap?

Scaling is when your weapons damage goes up depending on how high a certain stat is. So if a weapon scaled with INT, it'll do more damage if you have higher INT. And a soft cap is the point at which your stats start giving less return on investment, so you usually stop at that point. I think it's 40 for most things in Dark Souls.

lmgtfy.com/?q=dark souls weapon scaling

>Want to be magic swordman
>Can't infuse spells into weapon for strong special attacks

Trips. Thank you user! Im extremely excited, i waited a long time to play through darksouls.

Fuck i cant? Lol its k

darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Weapon

This is the only spell you can infuse into your weapons.

Just in case you don't know yet, lightning type spells fall under the Faith stat and Miracles, while fire spells are Pyromancy and don't scale with any particular stat in this game. Intelligence is just straight up magic.

Also, once you get to Firelink Shrine, if you go down an elevator there's a guy you can find and talk to to buy some early spells from. Equipment and stats will be mostly straightforward and you can decide that as you go but that might help out at the very beginning.

Really? Ok my plans was to use fire balls and lightning, well thats out, what cool magic can i use?

Well, you can still use fire balls and lightning, Pyromancy is really powerful for the most part because you don't need any particular stats to use it and it still does a lot of damage just from upgrading your flame, and you could just level Faith instead of Intelligence, or even both. Sorcery's spells are kind of hard to describe, they shoot pure blue magic energy, with the strongest ones being crystalline in nature. There's also spells to buff your weapon's damage and shield's stability, and some dark spells in the DLC.

does the moonlight count?

Would a pyromancer class be good for this build? Just switch intelligent to faith?

Pretty much anything works, but yeah Pyromancy gives you the flames and Faith/Miracles gives you the thunder, so that'd be what you go for if you wanted them specifically. Don't be so focused on what the "best" is though, especially when you haven't even played the game yet. You're always able to beat anything no matter how your levels are and you can change your priorities very easily when early on, so see what you like the look of in game and level for that.

Hmm i see, i appreciate it man