Kingdom Hearts thread

I was wondering, what were people's reactions to the first KH's announcement? How confused were people when it was announced Disney and FF were getting a crossover? Did people speculate on the direction of the game or hype it up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QNvTWohCFjI
youtube.com/watch?v=sXGOq5rkonM
youtu.be/73wUQSlEXI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=QNvTWohCFjI

8 year old me.

I remember I thought it looked stupid, then I saw that tv ad and got simple and clean stuck in my head and I bought it because of that.

I remember reading it in a magazine and I was like what the fuck is happening? Are they retarded? Is this real? What the fuck.

And then I got it and it was some of the best shit. Let's see back then I would have been like 12 or 13 years old, I couldn't believe it worked so well.

It sounded retarded but somehow they made it work.

>How confused were people when it was announced Disney and FF were getting a crossove
it's not really crossover it's mostly a disney game with oc characters. final fantasy characters are nothing but extras

KH1 maybe. KH2 the FF characters are much more prominent. Auron is a party member, Squall is a guest.

Honestly i thought it was a disney game
youtube.com/watch?v=sXGOq5rkonM

it'll probably be more disney in KH3

it is technically a disney game. they own all the kh ocs

my edgy cousin who loved Advent Children but never played FF7 or any FF in her life introduced me to it and I've adored it ever since, despite the wild ride it's been.

>You will never be 10 and hear simple and clean for the first time while it fills you with strange feelings you never felt before.

Man, looking back...it's really amazing just how well they nailed the visual style.

I liked it. I thought it was cool. A kid exploring Disney world's.
The reveal for kh3 made me scream outloud when I was watching e3

youtu.be/73wUQSlEXI8

They made it work so hard that if you removed the disney stuff it would be a really awful story.

>tfw I recorded the openings for kh1 and kh3 on vhs and watched them back to back.

The idea of anime-ish characters together with cartoon characters seemed pretty ridiculous, but they somehow made it work pretty well

I'll agree, but I also think that if you can keep the general set up, and change it to something more fantasy sci-fi, it could work well.

I never knew about kingdom hearts till after the first game was out.
A friend brought the manual to school and told me how cool the game was. I was in 5th grade, so I was the age where Disney wasn't 100% uncool to like yet and had no idea what FF was. The trailers and advertisements didn't really show any part of the FF series anyway. I really liked the character design of the enemies, but I will always remember the first thing I said about KH.
"The main character is named Sora? That's a girls name. He's gay."
It's my favorite video game series.

My feeble 8 year old mind couldn't handle the concept of crossovers so seeing all those Disney characters at once and fucking Sephiroth with that really catchy music completely destroyed my world view.

I'd switch back and forth all the cartoon channels in hopes I'd watch the 30 second commercial again.

reminder that there's a vhs that possibly contains footage of the long cancelled KH animated project