I think we can all unanimously agree that DOOM is 2016's Game of the Year

I think we can all unanimously agree that DOOM is 2016's Game of the Year.

What a time to be alive.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!ZVwEgTIC!5nXyirg4oLshykLhHdZQ-zJreEI7yGMhE307a9VVc-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's there to be questionable about?

>Focus was clearly on the single player
>All gameplay, what little cutscenes there were were interrupted by Doomguy being pissed off that something interrupted him murdering shit
>Deepest lore if you look for it

I agree OP.
I enjoyed every moment of the game and was sad that we won't see another installment for a while.

It was way too easy and I played on the hardest diff there was that didn't reset my shit if I would die.
I only really liked the hell levels, first 5 were so boring I almost dropped it.
That one level where you climb the tower was fucking retarded cause they didn't even put some enemies while doing the retarded platforming shit.
A lot of the weapon mods were either useless or shit.
And last but not the least, the fact that multiple weapons use the same ammo was retarded cause as soon as you found another one for it you'd just play with the best one and never with the shitty one.

>>All gameplay, what little cutscenes there were were interrupted by Doomguy being pissed off that something interrupted him murdering shit
What about the cutscene every time you use a melee attack

Only game I've genuinely enjoyed this year

>enter room
>door closes
>demons spawn
>kill demons
>door opens
>move on
>enter room
>door closes
>demons spawn
>kill demons
>door opens
>move on
>enter room
>door closes
>demons spawn
>kill demons
>door opens
>move on

I only wish doomguy showed more personality
Meaning that i loved it when he was crackling his knuckles, listening to the bullshit samuel was saying in the beggining of the game
I wish he just did more of that stupid shit instead of just sitting there without moving an inch as you watched oldbag mc backstabbing scientist lady wave her hands around in the air behind a giant breakable glass room

The artstyle

>come to Cred Forums
>today they start talking about Doom 2016 OST being out
>look at my mp3 folders
>I have it since June

..What am I missing? Is there a complete version or something?
Did I download a gamerip OST?

Has there been a year with worse vidya than 2016?

you seem to be ignoring the part where the gameplay somehow felt worse than doom 2

lol

Nah, that would be Odin Sphere Leifthrasir for me.

Yes.

this make me want to listen to Sonic gotta go fast 10 hours version

I disagree.

Most of the weapons are shit until you upgrade them (you have enough to get most of your guns functional without wasting points on obvious traps like the pistol or zoom function on the assault rifle), which isn't a good thing to say about a game called Doom.

In-air Mobility and double jump should be standard for the sequel and enemies should be distributed more between arenas and the areas connecting them, or otherwise have more cases where enemies can follow you from one arena into another, like in the return to the Argent facility. I was more impressed with a Hell Knight there following me across obstacles into an arena I'd already cleared than with any enemy navigation in the game.

b u m p

mega.nz/#!ZVwEgTIC!5nXyirg4oLshykLhHdZQ-zJreEI7yGMhE307a9VVc-8

Definitely soundtrack of the year

>Deepest lore

What like sneaking in the Illuminati sign into the loading screens? Such deep...

The story is basically dead space with a bit of christian satanism mixed in.

Thanks fammi.
I guess something was off with the one I have because it includes trailer songs too.
Now I also found a 3 disc one online 'complete rip'.
I am getting yours too now to have a look.

It might be the only game that was actually representative of its marketing.

Not being enthralled by the tale of a warrior so mighty the spawns of the underworld had to seal him away and FEAR his return.

This. the idea of doom was run around and kill shit, and that is what a lot of games wind up being. However, those other games hype themselves up to be more than that, but doom kept it real "our game is about running around killing shit SIMPLE!"

I actually didn't mind the multiplayer

At least they've made attempts to fix it instead of pulling a Sean Murray