zzzzzzzz

>They're still using fake Anya from Gears UE
Why

Gears 3 Anya

Fake Anya

>Pendulum Wars
>E-day
>Anvil gate
This looks amazing but i kinda regret watching it, it would've been a nice surprise. Also those playable COGs look cool, hopefully they're multiplayer characters.

She looks fine, stop being so autistic about it.

I didn't think the COG had many female gears, until after gears 2 anyway.

That bald guy looks way to similar to Adam Fenix. Have a feeling that'll be Baird.

LOOK AT ALL THAT FAMILIARITY

Seriously though it looks alright and the multiplayer will tide me over until Dishonored

She doesn't even look like the Anya in the game

Which game? She's looked different in every single game and your pic is from a cgi trailer.

It is Baird. If you pause at the very start of the prologue you see on the computer screen "It's a party here." Which is a reference to when Baird said "It's a fucking party down here!" in Gears 1. Holy fuck, this shit made me goddamn sad. Seeing old Cole, Sam, Hoffman in a wheelchair, Baird is now Bald, Anya is dead, Dom is dead, Carmines except Clayton are dead, Marcus is probably going to die etc.

This story is going to be filled with shit I don't want to see happen but I know it's coming.

I don't even know what you're trying to say with this, the renders for multiplayer character don't look the same in-game.

Looks like a man, 1-3 are at least acceptable with 3 being the best

>Sam got fatter and older
Why

Because it's 25 years later.

>fatter
Are you havin' a laff?

People age user, life isn't what the chinese cartoons show.

Wow, literally the same game as in 2006.

How could you know if you didn't play it?

Bernie wasn't at the ceremony so she's probably dead too.

As long they dont make the same mistakes from judgement.
Everything should be ok.

Neither was Dizzy and the other nigger no one cared about.

>we will never see an older Myrrah

I hope the main antagonist is as fun as her.

youtube.com/watch?v=4ea_Sqyw23E

But she got stabbed in GoW 3
She is fucking DEAD !

Which is shit, her ending was anticlimactic. It would have been great if she survived and stared trying to fuck shit up another way.

>Myrrah trying to assimilate in to the human population again

you gay or what

I never played Judgement, what was the mistake?

They tried to appeal to the casual audience.

I giggled like a giddy school girl when Minh said "I've got the code"'. I cannot wait to play this on my new gaming rig.

I did like it :3
What were you expecting?

Almost everything, the gameplay, the multiplayer, the mini-transaction to buy stupid and useless weapon and armor skins. It sucks, Even the DLC Suck it HARD

The only reason people bought the game was to know whats up with the camping, after that the resale the game or just trash it...

And they asked help from "People Can Fly" those guys can go to hell for what they did

Pretty obscure reference, even for an average GoW fan.

What's this trend of fucking over trilogies that had triumphant endings where peace was finally achieved...only apparently not because everything goes to shit not long after. can't they just let things be or at least allow enough time to pass so that the victory actually means something?
>Halo
>Gears
>Star Wars

more like TEARS of War

i have already played and beat this game.
4 times

If a gears fan doesn't know Minh's eternal line of "I've got the codes" they're not a real fan.

This "muh trilogy" meme has to die, i can't think of a single succesful and loved franchise that stopped at number 3.

this. There was no, NO need to have a sequel Gears of War 3. Everything ended clean, fine, done. Just leave shit alone. Make a prequel pendulum war game fuckers

Why risk a new IP when you can just crank out another product from a franchise that already is established and has fans? Money user, money money money.

Well there was 25 years between Gears 3 and 4, that's much better luck than they had before (3 wars pretty much back to back)

>like 3 generic turret defense sections in the first 20 minutes alone

My god this game looks boring.

Thats actually a pretty good idea

After watching the prologue i think a Pendulum wars game might work but i'm not sure, everyone hated the human vs human MP in judgement.

Yeah that was the point of the intro of Gears 2
youtube.com/watch?v=vzxNmIGltyk&ab_channel=gearsofwarcutscenes

Not really

This

Not to mention Star Wars had already "ruined" the happy ending of VI a couple years later with Truce at Bakura. And if it wasn't for EU, we wouldn't have amazing things like Thrawn, or either of the Clone Wars animations.

Continuing a franchise is not a bad thing, it's just how it's handled. Like 343 and their Halo, that's a example of what not to do. So far, Gears 4 seems to be checking more boxes then crossing them out but I could be wrong, we haven't seen the full game

>Muddy visuals
>Same Generic cover shooting.
>Zero innovation.

I'll pass.

While campaign doesn't look as great as it could be, I'm pretty excited for multiplayer and the new horde mode. I'm looking forward to walk bouncing and ruining this game for others.

Will they ever top Gears 2?
youtube.com/watch?v=9m55z6O5Qlc

Best Buy is doing their little GoW4 twitter thing a little later tonight, I wonder if we'll learn anything interesting.

Gears 2 was the worst though :^)

No

looks like utter shit

>tfw got both this game and Gears Ultimate Edition for the same price

Sonyggers BTFO

no u

HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER

Btfo

>duck and shoot chest high wall: the game
>dudebro over stuffed muscle garbage males
>lame horde mode with to many waves to drag it out and a bunch of glitchy weird looking animations with god awful weapon design
>boring ass multiplayer with shitty weapon design and no game modes

yea okay faggot, tell me all about how this game isn't shit.

So the prologue is set during the Pendulum Wars? This is actually pretty interesting, I'm intrigued.

It's only a short snippet.

>no scorcher
>no digger
>no booshka
>no breechshot
>no gorgon

No thanks.

Confirmed for never actually playing the multiplayer

you're right, the game should start with marcus walking his son for 2 hours and playing games with him and then flashback to the son all grown up as the main character of the

that way it would definitely appeal to sony faggots and make it a masterpiece of storytelling in their minds

literally whats the problem
>dudebro over stuffed muscle garbage males
sorry they aren't DYEL skeleton anime fags
>lame horde mode with to many waves to drag it out and a bunch of glitchy weird looking animations with god awful weapon design
autism
>boring ass multiplayer with shitty weapon design and no game modes
boring for cod baby super casuals, Lancer is literally one of the most iconic weapons since the lightsaber, there are just as many game modes as any other shooter

>abusing glitchy animations and mechanics
wall "bouncing" is an exploit.

t.never learned how to wallbounce, BXR, wavedash, 1FL confirm in FADC, or any other multiplayer skill in a competitive game

3 flashbacks, Pendulum Wars, E-day and Anvil Gate at the end of Gow 3.

>breechshot
Isn't that the bolt action from Judgement? That thing was pure sex and literally the only good thing to come out of that game.

Nobody liked 3's ending

everyone bitched about how it explained jack shit and only left more answers

Who else got their free code

>tfw I missed out

>I bought my card too early

Explain.

Did you actually get it for free? Or did you buy the card and get it for "free"?

What's the issue when this is the series that basically perfected third person cover shooting? That's like expecting DOOM to change genres because FPS games are overdone.

are people still selling this for dirt cheap? Also I heard nvidia stopped even accepting the codes because of it

It's just typical Cred Forums contrarianism
>omg I love soulsborne games despite them all playing virtually identical
>wtf is this gears trash? They all play virtually identical

Check eBay

Buy a 1080 GPU and get Gears of 4 free.

Got this 1070 from Best Buy

Fuck off shill.

Nvidia was giving Gears 4 codes with some of their cards. A bunch of people started abusing the codes and I think they were blocked.

Sorry, I'm just feeling smug because I just bought the 1080 and found out about this shit.

You know, it does make me sad and I hate to bring up this point but shit like this is why PC gaming is in the fucking gutter and why devs don't really care anymore. Gears 4 is shaping up to be a pretty good version (they said it isn't a port) with lots of graphics options, cross-play with bone players etc. They aren't leaving out anything or fucking anyone over with it. But still, despite what looks like a strong effort from the team making the PC version people are still trying everything in there power to cheat and get the game for free. I am a PC fuck myself but I do get tired of seeing PC players complaining about shit ports but whenever something comes along that has effort they run to cheat a system and get shit for free or pirate.

>move out gears!
>take cover
>shoot people
>crab walk to wall
>shoot
>take cover again
>kungfu flip out of map

zzzZZzz

That's because everyone would like free shit.

It just depends on how much free shit everyone wants.

I bought Horizon 3 senpai and it was a fucked up port thanks to the DRM or whatever

I'm not bothering with Gears 4 unless it actually runs good

Gears is shit and appeals to autistic man children whole have a hard on for muscles

Didnt Nvidia have to pay Microsoft for these though?

Gears Ultimate Edition was actually a good port though. Cant judge from just one dev.

pcgamer.com/gears-of-war-4s-pc-version-is-shaping-up-great/

I never read the books. What exactly are the locust? Indigenous underground dwellers?

I got mine for free, without buying a GTX 1070 and AFTER the Amazon exploit.

No, some of the codes are unblocked now.
Thread and proof

Descendants of the sires from Gears 2, lives in peace underground, then emulsion started fucking them so they emerged and that's how the war started. Literally dindu nuffin

Is there still a way to get this for free/cheap, for PC?

I've got to say that the game looks pretty good, I haven't bought GoW since the second one, since I've dropped consoles since then, but I really liked those first two. How were the following two games? Is it worrying that another studio is making the fourth?

That looks super boring. Like, ten years ago boring.