Computer, make a good video game

>Computer, make a good video game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z2MEYMMDhKk
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475041117748.webm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_or_Girl_paradox
strawpoll.me/11324954
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Computer, if a crocodile steals a child and promises its return if the father can correctly guess exactly what the crocodile will do, how should the crocodile respond in the case that the father guesses that the child will not be returned?

Error Error Error

Computer say 5

Computer, Mr. Smith has two children. At least one of them is a boy. What is the probability that both children are boys?

>kirk was more attached to the idea of a computer being his son than his actual son

so what is it

>Unable to comply. Current position is Cred Forums, which is incompatible with video games.

Will we ever see a Captain as charismatic and tactical as James T. Kirk?

Computer, this sentence is false.

>Computer just makes another holodeck program where he fucks Troi

2/3 innit

How did you come to that conclusion?

I dunno I'm tired, it should be 50%

That Kirk doesn't exist, though. Kirk is Chris "Why is a Jew Named Chris?" Pine.

I thought it was 1/3

Will there be anything else?

50%

Stop it, it hurts

>implying
Even the shitty new SJW pandering Discovery takes place in the original timeline

Fuck tactics

I want bloodshed.

Possibilities:

Girl/Girl - rule this one out, at least one is a boy
Boy/Girl
Girl/Boy
Boy/Boy

It's 1/3

>complaining about SJW pandering
>in a thread about SJWs In Space: The Franchise

>Boy/Girl
Is the same outcome as

>Girl/Boy

>Girl/Boy
>Boy/Girl
Same thing.
1/2
u fuckin dingus

No it's not.
Little brother/Elder sister
Little sister/Elder brother

50%
Either BB or BG

>At least one of them is a boy. What is the probability that both children are boys?
Age is irrelevant, tard

>Unable to comply, a good video game cannot exist in this universe.

Is Benjamin Sisko "that nigga"?

Those computers are a fucking liablility.

youtube.com/watch?v=z2MEYMMDhKk

Little sister
Bigger sister
Fraternal twins, one boy one girl
Little/big brother
Identical twins

It's 2/5 m8

Nothing
Crocodiles can't talk

Both of them can be boys if they want to.

disengage safety protocols and make a thousand self aware hitlers then make me paralyzed, hook me up to a hospital bed, hook me up to an IV system admistring Deanna Troi poop directly into my veins and then create a billion nukes and just fucking DIE

Computer, describe colors to a blind person

10/10 vidya.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475041117748.webm

computer make game based on the tastes of Cred Forums

>Cred Forums would praise it to no end
>contrarian fucks get ridiculed and told to get the fuck out
>suddenly game reaches popularity
>OBNOXIOUS levels of popularity
>nothing but X game threads
>Cred Forums now hates it and it's the worst thing ever made
>fans get ridiculed and told to get the fuck out

i keep changing the channel away from H&I when enterprise comes on
i don't dislike enterprise, just that intro song always ruins the mood after just watching deep space nine and voyager

>Computer, create six million fully self-aware copies of Adolf Hitler

>Computer, disengage safety protocols

Tribes Ascend with hints of MLP?

>the captain walks in on your sex simulation

>Cred Forums would hate it when it gets popular
there are workarounds!

-with online functionalities and updates the game could automatically be made worse as it gets more popular(possibly just for new palyers), and made it good again when they no longer play it, easily reaching a balance point well below the "it's so popular it's annoying" point.

-could be a game injected with such high quantities of self irony and self-hate that it would be impossible to call it pretentious or bash it without feeling a bit bad about it. the game itself would encourage not overvaluing or undervaluing it at the same time

-the game itself could issue a system of rewards/punishments to make users silently report or hijack discussions talking about the game, containing its popularity, while also punishing users who talk too much about the game in online media.

>computer, create six million copies of adolf hitler, each with all the powers he had at his command during the beginning of the second world war

>computer, also add sixty million jews

>computer, disable safety protocols

>computer, deckchair and bottle of beer please

Star Trek sucks

>computer, make 6 million self aware copies of drumpf
>make 6 million self aware copies of future first lady hillary
>create a debate arena the size of indonesia
>give me a comfortable chair, a bowl of activated almonds, a home made coconut, an emu meatball and a glass of soyamilk
>disengage safety protocols

Is Barclay "our" guy?

>computer make me some traps that aren't gay

no, he recognized he had problems

Here you go senpai

Computer
>What doth life?

computer gimme the sauce

Computer, compute.

Computer, create a representation of the "Monty Hall" problem, where goats and a car are behind doors.
Extrapolate the model so that instead of three doors, it is one hundred.
Now replace every goat with an angry swarm of bees. Disengage safety protocols.

Would Barclay switch doors after picking one?

>complaining about sjw shit in a star trek series
Buh?

>good video game
>computer
Doomed from the start.

Why would you disable safety protocols?

Computer;
Generate an accurate replica of the prophet Mohammad

Can't the holodeck be used for simulated scientific testing? Safety protocols would probably get in the way of that

It still hurts..

Naw they just protect you from harm. You can get Godzilla to fight a trillion Popes and be safe to watch.

Could the Holodeck create a bomb that could blow up the Enterprise, if the safeties were turned off?

COMPUTER, REVERSE ENTROPY

I chose my brother... It was the right choice

we need to determine the gender of one child, not two. we don't need to determine if child one or two would be the only boy

>no non-identical twins
wat

don't return it because "the child won't be returned" isn't an action and he specifically said that he had to be exact in his proposition.

Oh, while I have you here.. Computer.. Solve this for me?

That must be why he got so awful with age.

iwhat if it's so good no one would ever get tired of the shitposting, and everyone would only be enthusiastic that there'd be a containment board (Cred Forums would actually become the pleb containment board)?

Computer, tell me about your sexual organs.

2 3 1

2, obviously

3, 2, 1.

2>3>1
Always yield to thru traffic

3 2 1

3 has the right-of-way, 1 has a yield and has stopped already.

In real life 2 would most likely go first anyway just because people who stop usually wait for all the oncoming traffic to pass.

Source: I drive through an intersection just like this every day to work

>Computer, create 100 fully functioning, naked, Miles O'Brien clones
>increase passivity by 100% and lust by 250%
>isolate the clones behind an EM field
>run program "Keiko_Cardassian_orgy1"
>when program is completed, send a recording of it to every member of engineering, save for Chief O'Brien
>Disable safety protocols

There is no reason that 2 should have to stop for 3
Notice that even in the picture there are yield signs for 3 and 1 but not for 2
Even if 2 wants to turn right he has the right of way
person making left turn should yield

>computer show me and alternative reality.

Nevermind I see that the yield sign is for 2 and not 3.
3 has the right of way but only because of the sign. I have never seen an intersection with signs like this. Where I live 1 would have a stop sign and there would be no sign whatsoever for the other two drivers or they would all have stop signs.

2 > 1 > 3

Anyone to your left has the right of way

It should eat the child, probably doing one of those brutal deathrolls for good measure. If the father is dumb enough to stick around the crocodile should eat him as well.

Aside from the crocodile's inexplicable ability to speak, there is no reason given why it would not behave as a normal crocodile would, and I have no entries concerning a crocodile ever making a promise, let alone keeping true to one. The history of their behavior towards children however, is much better documented.

Pretty sure it's confirmed that the holodeck actually replicates certain elements of the simulation, i.e. food, so I guess it's possible? If it were a holo-bomb the explosion wouldn't extend beyond the projector area; I'm not sure whether the shockwave could actually damage the holodeck itself before fizzling into unreality though.

2 3 1
and then zoning would remove the improper yield sign for 2

Shut up, Cakehole.

I'm watching Star Trek for the first time. Starting with the original series
what the fuck is with that bluff by the kid? What a weird episode, and then they just go have juice and a tour

>Computer, simulate the effectiveness of taping multiple live infants to your body to deter assailants during a fistfight

UNDERRATED FIRST RESPONSE.

>Starting with the original series
its really fucking odd, all of it
if you dislike it, try TNG then DS9

amazing shows

This is correct
At an intersection like this, at least in America, the driver on at the T intersection must yield to the drivers on the through road and the driver turning left on the through road must yield to oncoming traffic on said through road. Therefore, 2 -> 3 ->1.
The signs in the pic change this to obviously allow 3 to go before the others, but I've never seen a set up like that irl.

>its really fucking odd, all of it

No it isn't.

>if you dislike it, try TNG

Which is TOS reloaded, good choice!

>then DS9

haha

Here's the real solution instead of theoretical bullshit:

Whichever fucker stops being a pussy first and goes, gets to go first, followed by whoever can pull into the intersection WHILE the first person is going without hitting them.

>computer replecate myself and a love hotel suite

admit that stargate sg1 is better than all the star treks or i pull the trigger

I like it, Captain Pike was cool

Fuck off then cunt

nah 1 is a dick for going before 3 unless he's waved on

Stargate a shit, stick your shallow Egyptian mythology references up your ass.

Why are TNGfags always the biggest plebs

>computer, create a better version of yourself that would have the innate ability to build a better version of itself.

/humanity

>people thinking 2 has a yield sign

You people have never driven.

If 1 is already a boy, it increases the odds that both are boys
If both were undetermined, then it'd be lower than 50%.

2 3 1 and if you say anything else you're a braindead moron and a danger to the world. Why the hell would people going straight have to stop for someone wanting to turn?

I dont get the hate for this episode.

>Computer, run program White_Geordi

Americans can't into ant sized pics of euro signs

Mah tau'ri

>its odd
get some culture kid, its 1970s

This, and when people in 2's position stop to let 3 or 1 go it creates a more dangerous situation than if they hadn't, nevermind the fact that they have singlehandedly made sure that nobody in any of the roads is moving at all even if just for a moment. If you stop to let people go out of turn you're not being nice you're driving like an idiot.

so many disney tier episodes in the TOS

near the end of s2, heard s3 got its budget cunt and its hell of a mess

Andromeda > Atlantis

1960s you pleb.

1 probably has a stop sign, but I don't see a stop sign for 2 and 3. If that's the case

>there are actually people who will consciously crash into other drivers just because they technically had the right of way
At the end of the day who has the right of way is whatever is most likely to prevent an accident.

in what part of the world are stop signs triangles

Literally the most boring polit sitcom of all time. I thought Star Trek's diplomacy was unbearably boring for the longest time and I've finally grown to like Star Trek lately, but this is on an entirely different level.

Macgyver was better a show that had Richard Dean Anderson in.

Most likely to cause an accident*

Same effect, a yield sign commands the same behavior as a stop sign if there's traffic, which there is.

you know i was really enjoying deep space 9 until i saw the episode where dukat loses his temper and goes on a long anti-semitic rant comparing quark to "those rat-faced human jews that caused earth's second world war"

what did rick berman mean by that?

1 2 3 is the correct order to put the numbers in

In what part of the world does a road end with a yield sign?

>you know i wasn't really enjoying deep space 9 until i saw the episode
FTFY, unless you're a rat faced jew.

this guy gets it

>Implying Colonel Green didn't wipe out the Jews once and for all.

that's not a stop sign that's a caution sign letting you know there's a stop in 150m

>computer
>create a holodeck capable of maintaining itself and put one inside every room of the ship
>set all holodecks to create a copy of everyone inside the room and increase their sexual aggression by 200%
>create an assortment of sex toys as well
>disengage safety protocols

It doesn't matter if he's a dick, this is the real world solution. It's what happens.

i think ds9 is a great show and is severely underrated compared to tng

Tell my why Miles O'Brien isn't the best television character of all time.

It goes 2 3 1, and the sign by car 2 can't possibly be a yield. That's not how it works.

lmfao

He married Keiko

how many fucking times have the transporters fucked up on his watch
he's incompetent

>not marrying a qt asian botanist that sacrifices her career to follow you to some shitty isolated space station next to a demilitarized zone

Dude, he hooked up with the hottest piece of ass on that entire starship. Miles was probably a massive weeb when he met her and went to tea parties with her.

That has literally nothing to do whatsoever with him being a good character or not

All of the transporter accidents I can think of happened while he wasn't the one manning the station.

don't see your point

Yeah, Miles is always the one who has to step in and fix things when this month's academy graduate fucks things up. He was basically a babysitter.

Picard is always taking the Academy's riff-raff trying to iron them out. How many times has some dumb kid been behind a control panel that explodes or fucks up somehow, putting the entire crew at risk? That motherfucker stacking cargo containers almost killed Worf.

Post more star trek diagrams

Because this fly ass nigga exists.

>Black captain runs off and abandons his pregnant wife

Why would a supposedly benevolent Federation make the guys bend the captain's chair stand up all day?

Holy shit was that how it ended? I honestly don't remember the ending. I just remember him being better than any other Star Trek captain for the bulk of the show. Picard had better absolute highest points but Sisko had way more high points in general.

AAAAAYYYYYOOOOOOO
*exhales sharply*
SO HOL UP CONSTABLE
*disobeys government*
U BE SAYIN
*whines to son*
THEY WAS SUM FINNA
*beats chest*
DOE MIN YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

I still can't get over how stilted his speech sounds. It's like he's trying wayyy too hard to have "gravitas" or whatever.

Yep.

Dukat fucks Winn and turns her to the Pah-wraiths, he then receives the power of the Pah-wraiths, burns Winn to death, and then Sisko tackles him into a cavern of flames where he will live for all eternity.

Sisko becomes a prophet too. the end.

Is Enterprise any good? It's the only series I haven't seen. I have heard it sucks but I'm not convinced it's not just fans going "this isn't like muh TNG so it's automatically bad".

Is it bad for real or worth checking out?

KEK

50%

Either both are boys are they aren't, it's 50/50

It's legitimately bad and along with Star Trek: Nemesis, killed the franchise.

The only good thing about the show is the setting. Early humanity getting into interstellar shit is cool, but the cast is so fucking bland, some of the writing is cheesy to the point where some of the worst TOS episodes look like dramatic masterpieces, etc. Its just really not worth it.

It's bad, but just look up some of the better episodes to get a sense of it and skip the rest

Any episode with Shran is worth it

Sad. At least there's gonna be a new one next year but I'm not holding my breath.

Computer here is me and here's my clone. We both know which is which and one will lie when asked something while the other will tell the truth. Ask us one question only and figure out if I'm the clone or not.

>mfw watching DS9
>It's a parallel universe with edgy characters episode

Why did they make so many of those? Did anyone actually like those?

If I ask you whom would the other one indicate as the original it would be a lie in either case, so I'd say the opposite is true.

no

You may have heard "it only gets good in the fourth season" which isn't far off.

is essentially right but it's not just the cast, the entire production including the visual direction screams bland. They fucked up the execution REALLY hard with Enterprise.

The bit about Shran here is pretty true as well.

The problem with Enterprise is that it was an attempt to go "back to basics" not just in terms of setting but also concept, which means it wasn't supposed to have strong serial elements. The only reason the first three seasons had an arc was because of executive meddling and as a result it's some of the stupidest, most contrived shit in all of Star Trek. The one-off episodes don't really make up for it either because they're pretty bland and often recycled.

Trip's a qt tho

There's only one a season and the mirror chicks are hot as fuck.

No, they had to fill a bad episode quota for DS9 so people wouldn't notice TNG season 7 was bad in comparison.

>Still no conclusion to the massive cliffhanger at the end

END

ME

NOW

Watching Voyager right now and I don't get the hate. There are some really bad episodes but every ST show has bad episodes. Tuvok is my nigga.

GOOLD?

Oh yeah, the extremely frustrating thing about Enterprise is that you want it to be over for three seasons because it's crap, and then your wish comes true in the fourth season, where it ACTUALLY STARTED BECOMING GOOD

Jeffrey Combs would've been a main cast member in season five, too. Fuck.

>Ezri is hot as fuck
Fixed that for you.

Voyager isn't awful but it's incredibly safe and mostly builds on doing more TNG and never actually using its premise at all, meaning it's a lesser Trek between great ones

Ezri is hot because she, like me, is a neurotic, anxious wreck most of the time. She was very relatable.

VOY is the king of 'its a **** episode'

>can't do math: the posts

It's 1/3. There are three possibilities, only one of them has both children being boys and girls.

And B/G, G/B is not interchengable since both children (let's call them X and Y) have different genders in both instances.

Whereas there is only one instance in B/B. Both child X and Y are boys in this event.

Whites are so bad in math nowadays.

How far along are you? Have you seen "Meld" yet? Pretty much my favorite Tuvok episode. "Gravity" is a fan favorite but I felt the main story premise was a bit forced.

So what the fuck happened to this game? I hardly hear about it anymore but it was goddamn beautiful

I think you are right, it's part of her charm, but that face alone is extremely cute to me.

You dumbass. One child is guarnteed male, which means it will not be used to calculate the probability. If you have two possible outcomes for the second child and one is the desired outcome, divide 1 by 2 and you get 50%.

Girl + Girl isn't an event used because the condition is at least one boy.

You're too retarded to do simple math. Haha, you're a fucking subhuman!

3 has priority, he goes first
Then 2, because 1 has to make a turn
Then 1

Girl+girl being impossible is irrelevant to the probability because only the second child has a chance of being a girl and not fulfilling the conditions.

Are you kidding me? Season 4 was by far the shittiest season.
>Enterprise goes back in time to fight aliens that are literally Nazis. The germans are totally cool with aliens telling them what to do when they were all about the Ubermensch.
>Random ass two-parter taking place in the Mirror Universe with absolutely no connection to the rest of the series
>Show is about to be cancelled, let's trot out Brent Spiner to try and save the series.
>That didn't work? Let's make the series finale a TNG episode with Jonathan Frakes and Mirina Sirtis basically watching an episode of Enterprise.

Season 3 was the best series. The Xindi Wars was the only time when the series was actually good.

Fuck off

He couldn't stomach Japanese food, he is "Not a fish".

He's the best character because he's the most down to earth person on Star Trek, he's like the only human that's still racist.

This is what I loved the most about just DS9 in general; on TNG everyone is living in an ideal communist utopia and no character would ever complain about something like the "damn cardies"

Still on the first season. I've been watching the entire series with my mom since she's a big star trek fan and my college is 10 mins away from home. Deep Space 9 was pretty good but some of the filler episodes were really grating and the conclusion with the prophets wasn't as good as TNG's ending.

If it's impossible then it's relevant as you need to not count it. You have no grasp on simple concepts.

There are two children, let's call them X and Y. The two gneders are G (for girl) and B( for boy). Child X is listed first (left) and Y second (right).

Here are the possibilities without the condition of at least one boy.

>Boy Girl
>Girl Boy
>Boy Boy
>Girl Girl

Apply the condition (at least one boy.

>Boy Girl
>Girl Boy
>Boy Boy

These are 3 events. The likelyhood of a boy boy event to happen is 1/3. If it wasn't for the condition, it'd be 1/4.

You're such a retard. If you ever somehow passed a probability 101 course, you and your techers should be shot for failing to do such a simple problem.

No-one denies that those episodes are shitty (especially the finale, holy shit what a horrible idea), but Enterprise only really had shitty seasons

season 4 was where they seemed to get a bit of an idea of what made the series special (the actual prequel nature and contacting new species and the start of the federation), but they never got further to cash in on that

Pretty sure O'Brien's hate of Cardassians was established in TNG. Which was also his only flaw, hating the most based race in the galaxy.

The first two conditions are the same though. Your explanation would only work if the question referenced anything about the order they are born in. The fact that you are the only contrarian saying this answer says a lot.

Voyager is kinda mixed bag and has a lot of bad episodes imo, more than most other series. When it's good it's really good and overall absolutely worth watching.

I think one of its main problems is the lack of interesting characters. Harry, Tom, Chakotay and B'Ellana are all characters that are okay in a supporting role but when they are the focus you realize their character is shitty/boring. Good characters are Janeway, Tuvok and the Doctor. Seven is good too but I think she joins like half of the series in.

Neelix is beyond annoying at the beginning and you wish he would just go away but as the series goes on they sort of move away from him being comic relief to him being an actual character you can relate to. There are even some episodes where you genuinely feel for him and when I get to the end I never feel like "fucking Neelix" anymore.

>trying this hard to shitpost

Massive flop.
Sequel never greenlit by anyone.
Kickstarter failed, too.

Also half the devs are unlikable assholes that nobody wants to work with.

Yeah you're right, but my point is that that was an exception in TNG. In DS9 prejudiced characters are far more common.

Computer, suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do you want to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

>because only the second child has a chance of being a girl and not fulfilling the conditions.
The problem doesn't state the first child has to be a boy you dumbfuck. It states only one child needs to be a boy. That means either the first or second kid could be a boy, or maybe they both existed a the same time.

If the problem stated the firstborn must be a boy and it assumes that there is no such thing as 2 kids leaving a vagina at same time, then the probability is 1/2. But there is no such condition.

They're not the same dumbass.

Children X and Children Y are two different children and can have a different gender depending on the event.

It has nothing to do with order, see above. if anything it's 1/2 if there is an order mentionned. It has nothing to do about order, it has to do about the fact that children X and Y are separate entities.

>he's counting boy / girl & girl / boy as different events

that thumbnail makes the left girl look like a fucking LISA creature

The Xindi endgame was pretty fun, but surely even you have to admit that all the time travel shit had some of the worst logic/causality in all of sci-fi. Also it felt more like the plot of a movie or miniseries, not an entire fucking season.

As for season 4 your list is idiotic and two of the episodes you mentioned Premiere with Nazis and Finale with fat!Riker had nothing to do with the main S4 writing staff.

I honestly thought it was a shoop for sure until I opened it.

After goat is revealed both 1 and 2 switch to a 50% probability of having a car. Just because it was 33% chance when you chose it doesn't mean it stays that way.

They are. Those two children are different and have different genders in different events.

B & B can't be a different event from B&B since it's the same gender in different events. Both X and Y are still boys in any way you'd imagine B &B. This isn't true of B (X) &G (Y) and G (X) & B( Y).

Not to confuse the above as the syntax for functions.

Look up that question anywhere else. It's always 1/3. Unless in the cesspool of retards known as Cred Forums (the epitome of idiocracy) do you dumbasses claim it's 1/2.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_or_Girl_paradox

You guys fail basic math because you're not skeptic against intuition. I too thought it was 1/2 until I remembered that there are similar trick questions.

Like the following:

A bat and ball cost $1.10. The bat costs one dollar more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

Are people deliberately shitposting in these threads or are there really anons who have not seen monty hall posting still around?

I mean even without the "what if there were 100 doors?" example this is easy to check. Just have a friend do that to you like 50 times and never change your choice when presented the option and you will see you only get about 33% right.

Why did Deanna get her own chair on the bridge, and more importantly in command?

>A bat and ball cost $1.10. The bat costs one dollar more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?
That one is tricky as fuck. What's the answer?

Yeah, Monty Hall has been experimentally verified and yet people still have doubts.

>33+50=100
The third door has a 0% chance after being revealed because it is a fact what is behind the door, not a probability. The other doors chances adjust along with the reveal.

>Computer, compute a faster computer

Answer is 5 cents. Lots of people get it wrong because people are lazy.

Ball is X and Bat is Y.

X+Y =1.10
y=1+X
1+2X=1.10
X=0.05

Well that seems obvious in retrospect.

Yea, it's tricky because people assume to know since it seems so easy. Lots of Harvard and MIT students answered 10 cents.

There is literally nothing wrong with this query.

>implying asimov's laws would fail

Wew lads

Computer would attempt to isolate/neutralize the crocodile in this scenario

Next question.

>I stop driving straight so people can turn, then continue driving straight like im a fucking doctor saving lives.

No youre a fucking asshole who is going to cause an accident for stopping with no reason. Just to let some cunt make a left, even though we're the only 3 fucking cars on the road. We would have passed her in 5 seconds but she had to wait 15 for you to stop fully.

Tl:dr just fucking drive unless you see something red, then stop.

>it's a "simulation develops sentience" episode

Reminder that this happened.

THE GAMES

>muh Xindi
Besides that, it's alright. I have low standards, though, so if you can't enjoy something with poor execution and say you had fun, I wouldn't recommend it.

The coolest episode is where they explain the origin of the mirror universe where everyone's evil, though. That's really neat to see.

2>3>1
Even if 1 didnt have a yield he should go last on the grounds that the lane he's turning in is not clear yet

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to start star trek? I remember some TNG image guides, but I don't know if I should start with next generation.

TOS>Movies>TNG>DS9>VOY>ENT

Alright, I remember a viewing guide on TOS, do you have that?

>TOS's stories are literally season 1-3 of TNG. The actual definition of literal can be applied, in that the scripts used for TOS were used for episodes of TNG.
>mfw people say shit like this.

Watch TOS until you get sick of it. There's not a whole lot of continuity to it at all, so don't bother with finishing it if you don't want to.

Go to TNG, then, and watch the whole thing.

From there, either watch DS9 or Voyager. Most people prefer DS9, but it's definitely different than what I personally consider Star Trek to "be," so I recommend Voyager, even with its flawed execution.

After you've finished one, do the other, then finish off TOS if you haven't already.

At that point, it's on to Enterprise, which is honestly not terrible, just heartbreakingly mediocre. That said, it has its moments, so watch it.

Then you've got the movies after that. Go at your own pace. You're at the end of the line at that point, so proceed with caution. After that, it's all expanded universe stuff that you'll have to look for on your own.

Its like 3 seasons, do you have a terminal disease? Just watch the damn thing. Why do people do this? Like between the new semen water everyone wants to drink instead of eating actual food, and let's plays so you don't have to play video games, is everyone too fucking busy to watch every episode once?

Unless you can ultra-commit to stuff or you're really into sci-fi, just go with what you personally like.

TOS = action
TNG = philosophy
DS9 = character development, politics
VOY = weird mix of everything, but gets more action-heavy towards the end. Also the most blatantly progressive.

>the most blatantly progressive
kek
TNG had men walking around in fucking skirts like a bunch of faggots and is basically liberal propaganda: the show

I have no idea why you'd call Voyager progressive other than the fact that it has a female captain with some major balls.

There was that one episode where Paris and Janeway become lizards after going warp 10 and began to fuck each other silly, if that's the weirdness you're talking about, but I'd call that more postmodern than progressive.

Funnily enough not by 1992 rio conference standards if I think back to it. That was just the 90s.

I'd still agree it was the most progressive unlike that other guy, but I think its worth remembering that fucking everyone was riding dolphins and farting out anti-CFC back then. We backslid considerably post millenium, probably something to do with that whole wacky terrorist thing.

I was referring more to A CHOOCHY MOYA and the weird new-agey vibe that snuck into a few of the episodes(Kes' character was a lot like this), but okay. Also obviously all of ST is progressive, but seeing as this is Cred Forums I figured I'd put that out there. has a point about societal standards but most people don't really give a shit about that unless they're already invested. For reference Voyager is probably my second-favorite but even I found it somewhat cringey at times.

Who's your favorite captain, Cred Forums?

strawpoll.me/11324954

3 2 1 Boom

>Noble Savage redskin played by a spic using fake native behaviors created by an Armenian
>progressive
Fun fact, Rick Berman is in fact notably conservative to the extent that almost all of the writing staff and actors hate him and think he's a piece of garbage. This is on top of him simply being incompetent.

Probably Picard.

I really like Janeway when she's a supporting character, but all the episodes that actually focus on her(except maybe that one with the rogue holo- da Vinci) are pretty mediocre.

Alright Cred Forums how do you deal with a Romulan Warbird decloaking?

I really liked the alternate evil Janeway one. But I'm into femdom so.

Fire all photon torpedoes

Voted for Insaneway but I love Kirk too

>TOS = action
I think drama would be a more appropriate word

Have Obrien timetravel a few times until he gets Sisko to tell them to fuck off

>How would you like my gameplay setting

>90% gameplay- Story unfolds in real time

>40%- Press X to win

>20%- Cutscene cannot be skipped

this is what reviewers actually believe