GOG BACK TO SCHOOL SALE 2016 THREAD

What are you buying?

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/mix/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/
gog.com/forum/star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic_series/kotor_ii_drmfree_steam_update/page1
archive.is/n6UxU
archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2
indiekings.com/p/bundle-tracker.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

school started a month ago

This, also

>Gog

What's wrong with GOG? They easily have the best costumer serive policy.

I know a lot of people like the Wizardry series, but how's Might and Magic? I'm only familiar with Dark Messiah

He read a shitpost on Cred Forums saying it was bad once so it must be true.

Looking through the list of popular sales I already own the games I am interested in on steam

I got Anno 1404.

Never played Anno before, loving it tbqh.

gog is fine except a few things like postal 2 paradise lost is not on gog at all

You know that GOG allows you to link your Steam account and have the games on both?

Great way to get around Steam's shitty DRM and transition to superior GOG for free.

>What's wrong with GOG?
They don't get patches.

It works for like 5 games.

recommending the STALKER bundle, shits great

You are not wrong, but this isn't exactly the thruth. The patches just get delayed.

I hope this happens because it's a "new" service and will improve with thime

I wouldn't know, I refuse to infect my rig with Steam.

Nothing, but I highly recommend This War of Mine

GOTY for me

they keep changing which games you can connect, Im not sure how do they decide what to connect or for how much time.

The games get patches constantly. The only thing I can imagine you're talking about is the Galaxy client, and mine needs a restart like two to three times a week to apply some new update.

for around 1.5$/€ its a good sale

what exactly does linking my steam account allow me to do? my steam games on my gog account or my gog games on my steam account or both?

Lots of devs think making a patch for the GOG version of a game is not worth it.
This War of Mine being a particularly egregious example.

it lets you change your games from steam over to gog

>Lots of devs think making a patch for the GOG version of a game is not worth it.

Such as? Even my low budget indie in development titles like Project Z get GOG updates.

Bought Avadon 2, wanted to finally try one of spiderwebs rpgs. Been thinking about buying Hard West as well, looks interesting.

I was going to call you out, but you're right.

How about Hatred, dear gog shill? :^)

Grabbed Victor Vran for 3.99

No free shit this time?

grabbed a whole bunch of stuff. Part of the Anno series, the indiana jones games, Judge Dredd, AVP, outlaws, cossacks, die by the sword, saboteur, spore,

Sales finish October 2, I think it isn't a Big sale like Christmas or Summer

ignore gabenbots ITT

>change
bad word choice. It lets you add some games you own on steam to your GOG account. Only some, in that they have a list of like 30 games that this works with atm. A few more were added recently so they're working on it still it seems.

shogo or shono?

The games are on sale enough to where I don't care about this but I think it's a really nice gesture.

I've repurchased a bunch of games I own on steam simply to not have to fuck with that mess anymore.

I bought SoC as I heard it was the best - was I right?

buy them all fag.

GOG is a mess to you? sounds pretty exaggerative under any circumstances

i dont even have any of them theyre offering to do it for

i would if i could tho

Heroes of Might and Magic is good turn-based strategy with a bunch of factions. 3 and 5 are the best.

Not with that attitude sir.

Adieu.

>Such as?
gog.com/mix/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens

Sorry, I meant Steam is a mess. I don't enjoy using Steam.

GOG has thus far been great, I've returned a lot of games I've had no business returning and the galaxy client is fine.

/sg/ refugee here, if you're on the fence on STALKER let me be the voice to guide you in

First of all Shadow of Chernobyl is a masterpiece of slav code with an unmatched atmosphere, seriously no other shooter has a world/atmosphere like STALKER, you seriously get lost in it dont fucking say fallout, that shit aint true You get used to the scary ambient noises eventually but the AI in STALKER is coded to wander and be aggressive so you never know what you'll run into.

IMPORTANT IF YOU BUY, play the games in order of release.. you will be much better off when you go down the rabbit hole of 6+ years people have had modding these games, just remember that mods can and will break your game, look up the /sg/ thread and poke around the links there. that being said, a huge mod resource "Call of Chernobyl" just released it's newest version 1.4 two days ago, it combines all the games together with modified AI and other shit. Fun as fuck and super comfy, basically turns the game even more free roamy with a companion system and more

yeah stalker people suck. SoC is the best, CoP is the easiest to get into though.

I already have everythig I want from GoG

>all recently released games
>everyone single one listing some jewish tactic
wow it's almost like the gaming industry is fucking horrible or something.

i only got Anno 1602

>>all recently released games
Yeah, GOG is still good for old games that have no support. But if you buy anything with the hope of getting on time or at all updates then you're screwed.

Nothing
I would buy something if GOG had a selection of games I'm interested in, but I mostly play JRPGs and GoG barely has any.

It's pretty much all I buy.

I really fucking hated that GOG started that early access bullshit. God damn it's one of the reasons I stopped using Steam.

How do early access games hurt you? You don't have to buy games and they don't get in the way of finding games you do want to buy when they come out.

Steam is even introducing a filter soon that'll let you not look at those

Originally, they used to actually go in and make the games compatible with modern OSes.

Now they just bundle shit with dosbox and call it a day.

Is there anything worth getting yet?
Got most of the popular stuff already like Divinity PoE and stuff

>not XAXAXA

Nothing so far. I really want a Piranha Bytes bundle for the Risen games.

>how does gutter oil hurt you? Don't buy it.
>how does PCP hurt you? Don't buy it.
nah. trash shouldn't be sold/resold.

EA is harmful to the consumer.
>we promise a lot but don't have to deliver on any of it! gib moni! xD

>back to education and learning
>sell discounted games to people who should be studying

>GoG
>Buying

>he prefers to spend his money on the Denuvo dick up his ass

Wanting Valve to curate games for you is directly harmful to you. Why would you want Valve to decide for you if a game is good or not? Do you not see as that being a potential problem for some games that have niche interest groups?

>Why would you want Valve to decide for you if a game is good or not?

Because for every game I want that they don't allow, there are 15,000 weeb panty sniffing games and Unity indie garbage that they block. It was happier times before Greenlight.

>Because for every game I want that they don't allow, there are 15,000 weeb panty sniffing games and Unity indie garbage that they block. It was happier times before Greenlight.
Those games being on the store don't affect you. Those who like them would buy them, and those who don't won't. As far as bad games go, the punishment for bad games is bad reviews, and bad reviews can lead to low sales and/or developer distrust, so if someone puts a bad game on the store, there are consequences for it.
Also what you just described is exactly my point. I love those fanservicey Japanese games. Gal Gun Double Peace just came out recently and its probably something you'd see as weebshit, but I look at it and see a fun rail shooter.
Fairly certain that if Steam didn't exist, the game never would've been ported to PC, as Steam is the mosot popular distribution platform, and without it, it probably wouldn't have been considered worth porting, thus hurting these niche games and those who like them, which is bad for consumers

gud thing no grocers run their business like that
>hunks of roadkill and rotting vegetables next to the few pieces of actual meat.
>dog anus sitting ontop of the only pair of duck breast.
WOW DO YOU WANT US TO CURATE THE MEAT SECTION FOR YOU? ENTITLED FUCK.

Alright lad, I just bought SoC because of you.

Hopefully I'm not spooked to play through it.
I'll be checking the /sg/ thread for essential mods.

>food analogy

>Those games being on the store don't affect you.

They do. You used to be able to watch the new releases on Steam, now you can't. My Steam experience is appreciably worse after Greenlight.

>STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic II : The Sith Lords
>fronzelneekburm says: As of yet, this didn't receive the 2015 patch released by Aspyr, despite Aspyr reassuring gog users that it is being worked on as far back as February 2016.

Sheeeeit. That's the only one on the list that I give two fucks about. I mean, there's nothing they did with their update that isn't duplicated with other GOG-friendly patches and mods, but it would've been nice to have theirs automatically included and save me the effort.

>video games should be held to no standards or practices whatsoever.
And with that attitude we get shit like no mans sky.
>b-b-but muh bad reviews

Their game gets review bombed and they make off with millions of dollars for some bullshit early access lie.

i wish they would let you hide shit like early acess and indie

>paying to pirate games

Might get an Anno or Banished

are you serious and not just shitposting

like for real

It's a cult classic, hit or miss. I think if you like shooters, horror games or minimal RPGs these games are a combination of all three.

For the first playthrough get ZRP metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/ it's a community made balance mod that unfucks some of the slav code in the original SoC.

>encouraging shovelware.
wew lad.

To be fair NMS would've absolutely ended up on curated Steam. Tons of hype and run-up. The only things it would've cut down on is weebery, "Art games", and baby's first indie game.

Picked up Shogo, Shadow Warrior 2013, Dragon Age Ultimate Edition and Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Complete for about 17 dollars

Absolutely for real. 11 year old Steam account and the store page is the worst it's been.

>fixing slav code
>ever.
Slav code is literally the equivalent of ork technology. It shouldn't work but it does.

No Man's Sky has every business being on the Steam store.
Every time an actual high quality game is in the New Releases tab you'll know it and be able to see it. It doesn't magically vanish.

And that's why a filter is being implemented. Because Valve realized that not every game is relevant to you

>Buying something i can just get for free

so you want to deny the weebs their games because muh store page?

And yet hookers exist. Why pay for sex when you can just rape bitches.

What about Bloodlines?

yes, it's just an unoffical patch, but still

>being poor.

Tricking a whore into sex is just as easy as pirating a game. Rape is as easy as being given a steam code.

I sure do. Let them pile up in Hongfire and torrents, in the end they'll beg for normal games.

As much as I like steam I do think it's time I tried to move away from them. They have kind of lost the way with the direction they are taking their company.
They should just focus on making and selling games. Fuck all the change the industry shit.

The KOTOR2 patch works on GOG. Has for a long time now:

gog.com/forum/star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic_series/kotor_ii_drmfree_steam_update/page1

just waiting for the time when they make it mandatory to install their stupid datamining app or lock you out of your account.

you have to gog back
haha

>ANCAPs come in from Cred Forums and shit up the thread

welp.

If you do that, they won't even get translated in the first place as per what says.

You're shitting on other people so a fucking store page doesn't trigger your autism, you egotistical piece of shit.

Neo Cred Forums hates GoG.

kys faggot.

They'll get translated. Neckbeards will make fan translations of all your latest "She's definitely 200 years old bro, you can trust me" games.

Your thread was shit from the start.

Banished is good.

i always wanted to play NWN online, is NWN1 or NWN2 more populated?

I had the same experience. While I've been primarily a GOG user for longer than the problems started, I still used to check Steam to stay up to date on new releases. But I haven't even looked at Steam in the past couple of years because shit just became a chore.

However I'm still just as butthurt about the GOG redesign as well, so likely autism is also partly to blame.

nice argument
They don't hurt you. You read Cred Forums so you know what's coming out anyway. The search engine has filters. There's no reason to exclude games other than "stop liking what I don't like."

it's a low quality piece of shit shovelware. It's not a high quality anything.

PC ports aren't made for Japanese people
You can't translate something that doesn't exist

You're right. There was a lot of coverage on Cred Forums telling me Sorcery 4 was released, and I didn't happen to bumble into it days after the fact when a friend bought a copy on Steam because it was buried under piles of big-eyed fanservice.

seconding this

not just that but the steam client itself is fucking awful and has been for years. pages timing out, not loading, requiring you click links dozens of times before they actually load. trying to browse through specials, new releases, tags, whatever takes ages because of the awful client and the amount of pixelshit garbage

>The search engine has filters
and its useless

That's what you think, and you're allowed to think that, but I promise you that every piece of shit out there has a fanbase that want to throw money at the creators, and they should be allowed to do that.

>muh capitalism
>not my fault if I continue to dick over my fanbase by making false promises and filling up the market with utter garbage.
>not my problem if my cheap Chinese imports come with lead or razor blades.
totally bro

I'm glad we understand each other.

I would probably play it without mods first. The gun accuracy is pretty unbearable until the end of the second area or so, though.

archive.is/n6UxU
>We're adding some new options for users to specify their preferences for which product types they wish to see across the entire home page, rather than managing each section individually. This will let customers opt to exclude particular types of products, such as Early Access, Software, Videos, and VR from appearing on their Steam home page and on a couple other browse pages.

Dude that shit is so niche it'll never make the front page anyway. Speaking of the front page - I can't find a single example of "big-eyed fanservice" on there.

you can pretend that shit works all you want but it doesnt filter the things you dont want to see

Maybe that's because it hasn't been implemented yet

it probably wont even work how they say

okay? steam is also missing games that are available on gog.

you're as bad as the sonyggers

show me where i said steam was better

There is nothing wrong with Sony fans

Except they don't. They did not even refund NMS compared to the Steam.

nothing i don't already own and the rest i'm not interested in unfortunately. it was cool to see gog connect return though. got a copy of shadow warrior on gog now.

really liking how much they've grown in the last year. i know they are older games but its surprising to see ea putting some of their more well liked stuff from the past 6 years on gog. hope things continue to improve with gog, its been my main site to get games from for awhile now.

archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2
There, I just saved you from actually paying money to play 30 year old games

Here's your reply, dumb-friendly GoG fan.

How much multiplayer does grim dawn have?
I figure nobody is playing on gag galaxy

Many of the games I got this year aren't available on it
>Disgaea PC
>Phantom Brave PC
>htol#NiQ: The Firefly Diary
>God Eater 2: Rage Burst
>Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye, Despair
>I Am Setsuna
GoG's library is bad

>rig
Class A fag right here

How is wanting Steam to continue to not curate what games are available on it an indication of being a GoG fan? The whole problem with GoG is its lack of games.

>being so poor you have to sweat a 99 cent game.
hope this is a shit post.

>librarly doesn't cater to my weebshit taste
>therefore it's objectively bad

>library
inb4 I'm called out on a typo to counter shitpost

Libraries with less variety are inherently worse than libraries with more variety

indiekings.com/p/bundle-tracker.html

GOG does have games Steam doesn't offer, or cases where the GOG version is just objectively better (Heroes 3), so I'm just happy to use both depending on the price/availability

The only shit I buy on GOG these days are very finnicky old games I need them to keep working on Windows 10 via patches and shit that steam doesn't have. So my wishlist is:
>Caeser 3
>Pharaoh + Cleopatra
>Zeus + Poseidon
>Gothic 2 Gold Edition
>Risen
>SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
>King of Dragon Pass
>Dungeon Keeper 2

But, oh wait, they're not part of the fucking sale. Again. I'm probably gonna buy the last two anyway since they're cheap and I'm tired of fucking waiting.

>tfw Emperor still isn't on GOG despite the rest of the best games in the series having been on it for years
>tfw it's straight up unplayable on any post-Windows 7 OS

ITS

NOT

FAIRRRRRR

>he fell for the UPDATE NAO meme

getting SoC, any other reccomendations?

>It's straight up unplayable on any post-Windows 7 OS
What are you talking about? It works fine for me in Windows 10 with the widescreen patch.