What happened to skating games? They were all the rage in the 90/00s. Are they just not cool anymore...

What happened to skating games? They were all the rage in the 90/00s. Are they just not cool anymore, or are they out of ideas?

The skater kids started playing CoD and halo and such instead of skating games

People stopped skating and the games legitimately went to shit. Just look at the Tony Hawk series and SKATE.

Skate 3 is one of the most requested backwards compatible games on Xbox One.

People want to play the Skate games again, EA just isn't listening.

Did Skate really go to shit though? Skate 3 was good, right?

My opinion is Skate 2 is the best one.

3 is well known for having hilarious glitches to the point where, I think, EA patched the glitches and people rioted so they 'unpatched' it back to the way it was.

Activision and EA killed them, just like how they killed rhythm games with Guitar Hero/Rock Band and how they're going to kill console FPS with CoD/Battlefield.

But, it was good in general, no?

It's still a good Skate game, Skate 2 just has more fun areas to skate.

Console FPS are never going to die.

Kids don't skateboard anymore. Modern boys are very feminine.

t. middle school teacher.

Yeah, it was still the same game but like the other user said 2 had more fun areas.

I was strapped for cash so I sold my copy of Skate 3 to my friend, so my memory on it is limited compared to 2 which I still own.

Also on the topic Tony Hawk 5 was utter trash, and that was supposed to be a return to form. Although at the time the Skate games trumped the THPS games hard, but thats mostly because Neversoft left.

Give us a couple decades and all our "men" will either be fat lazy fucks, or wanna be queer fags like South Korea.

>Plastic instrument rhythm games are never going to die

>neversoft was making a THPS per year
>the shit ton of skating clones that came out that werent even that good

i got burnt out of THPS and skating games around the time THUG came out

Theres some weebs in town that skate in my city.

Particularly i never found skaters to be the most manly bunch.

who are you quoting?

There's already been like 50 of them.

It's a little stale now

Skinned knees and bruises don't look good with the 50s hair cut everyone has now and skinny jeans are bad for skating so the kids don't like it anymore.

You can only revert to manual for a billion point combo so many times

All the people they went crazy for plastic instrument rhythm games at their peak.
Guess what they dieded.
FPS have a chance to use a little more variety, but the big pubs are scared to use it.

The difference is fps was has always been popular

There just isn't anything new to add outside of new environments. The genre peaked twice, but there's just not much to improve upon.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a new Skate or if Skate 2/3 was brought to the PC, though.

I just want ska to make a comeback.
SO

HERE

Ride...Ride happened.

I swear if one of you indoor little posers says "hurr durr skating is dead" I will hunt you down and curb stomp your pet and/or mother in front of you.

>tfw I broke one of these trying to do an actual ollie
Sorry "slightly leaning back" isn't exactly exhilarating and make me feel like I'm actually doing shit

>posers

Holy shit arent you late for your shift at Zumiez? Better hop on your longboard and hurry!

i liked how dreamcast cases had artwork behind the disc, cant remember if the ps1 did the same

>Be me
>2009+1
>Friend invites me over to play new "skating" game
>alright cool dude i don't skate but sounds cool
>get to his house and set up
>"so all you have to do is lean the board up and you ollie"
>i lean back
>lean too far
>RIP center of gravity
>head hits concrete floor

My friend apparently tried to wake me up for a minute before I came to, but needless to say I wasn't interested in playing anymore. Skate 2 then took my love.

skating is for fags rofl

if Watch Dogs 2 had skateboards with ramps and rails around the city and proper tony hawk style control I'd name it game of the year on the spot

>Skate 4 never
>you'll never listen to Rick Ross and pop sick trix again

>mfw that glitch in the Skate 1 demo to fly outside the demo area and skate around outside