How is it PC fags?

How is it PC fags?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/twThM7JGYPA
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=644076161&searchtext=playable aliens
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=647242867&searchtext=s
youtu.be/Ti4sqG85FU4
youtube.com/watch?v=M1hZ5XnAmKE&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>turn based

It's garbage by default.

Very good, but very luck based.

good, but Long War has better gameplay

you are garbage by default

>Long War
>good

no u
Turn based games are trash lad, sorry to break it to you.

the initial bugs and performance issues were a popular cause for complaints

HAAHAHAHAHAHA

>my opinion is fact

Well, yea.

Is it 95% chance to hit - MISS all over again?

>t. someone who couldn't get through march

Its incredibly unforgiving and difficult even on normal. It's fun but would probably wait for the inevitable dlc

pretty fucking good, but it would get boring fast without mods

Sure if you suck at them

>mimic beacons, even after the nerf
>you can reset the avatar project basically anytime you want
>unforgiving

It's stupidly long and unbalanced, and a lot of the changes aren't really beneficial.

Anyone have it for the ps4? Are there any noticeable differences? Is it worse?

march is actually harder in vanilla because sectoids can easily one-shot your soldier in heavy cover, while in Long War they usually survive thanks to extra armor and DR

How can you reset it whenever you want? I started getting bored after the first few story missions because I spent the last two months before release playing XCOM so I may not have seen this option. I was always 3 or 4 clicks away from defeat.

Plus those timed missions suck man. Every enemy and his mother gets triggered if you rush and then you have 5 bullshit snakes dodging everything and murdering you by pulling you out of cover.

it runs at 30FPS and you can't mod it

They at least fixed some of the bugs.

>How can you reset it whenever you want?
if you complete a storyline mission or facility attack the timer gets reset, so instead of completing as many main missions as you can to reduce the red blocks you just complete one everytime the countdown is about to reach zero

also the avatar project can't advance while is in countdown mode

long war is reddit: the mod

After downloading a butt load of mods it's great

Did they fix the shit performance? Haven't played since release.

Completely outclassed by mods.

Yes.

No

Get off Cred Forums, faggot. Your brains have become a warm smoothie that unable to facilitate a coherent response so you only talk in buzzwords and short meaningless sentences.

Maybe

It's shit. Play OpenXcom on your toaster instead or Jagged Alliance 2 if you want fun turn-based tactics games.

Thanks user.

There is nothing luck based about strategy games.

One of the best in it's genre. Up there with Jagged Alliance 2 and Silent Storm for me.

Absolute fucking noob

>Its incredibly unforgiving and difficult even on normal

This is sad. I'm not even good at this game and I beat it twice with ease.

It clearly says 45%

you seem upset that long war is shit

just calm down man its just a shitty mod

Solid game, waiting for expansion, dlc, or mods before replay.

>fill my squad with grenadiers
>spam grenades
>mow down any survivors

gg ez

Most you loonies can't even comprehend why it's bad
Just look at this guy that talks shit without even providing any specifics. The same shit goes for Misery in Stalker and Brutal Doom in Doom. You just spout random nonsense some faggot said and every time I ask to be more specific you bail out. There was only 1 user that answered with valid criticisms, because he clearly played it, instead of dropping after 2nd mission or watching a YT playthrough.

Aren't all dlcs out already?

it's good, get it.

>giving two fucks about fps on something turn based

You are like fucking sheep

A good game with shitty DLCs

first season of stupid small shit maybe, but assuming there is a full on Enemy Within-styled expansion coming, no.

i don't know

can you repeat the question?

you have a 5% miss chance. shit happens.

>using mods for anything besides textures, bug fixes, and QoL improvements

the game glitched. you can see he is red, not yellow, so the flank bonus is not applied. if you reloaded it would fix it.

fucking this
people who shit up their games and break all lore and ruin the artistic vision of the developer are just baffling to me

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

Are there really no dodge animations? That's kind of lame

that box art is actually really cool, but uh, why isn't it a dude holding a gun while looking down and away? i BET THE MARKETING JEWS WERE NOT HAPPY WITH THIS.

usually there are dodge animation, but that sectoid counted as it was behind a wall for some reason

is this from something or was it made specifically for that intro?

Actually they usually do, no idea what's going on there. But in XCOM 2, enemies usually react and duck their heads when fired at. Even allies would duck their heads if they were somewhat in the way.

>not wanting to exterminate the aliens with stormtrooper squads or space muhreens

Should I buy the DLCs? They look pretty bad

According to the internet, it came from an anime called tenkuu tensho nazca

does console version get the DLC?

Suck if they don't

it's good. it has snek in it.

they're really not missing much
the bigger shame is they can't use Capn' Bub's accessories pack.
No fucking beret in the base game? The helmets are shit, SHIT? Where's my operator gear?

Final Mod pack for UFO is literally the GOAT xcom game. With 2x HE packs turned on a rookie literally can't throw a HE pack far enough so that they are out of the radius.

It liked the Anarchy's Children cosmetics

it can be quite the experience

I can't believe they're actually charging people for the DLC instead of just including it. Well, I can believe it obviously but Firaxis can go fuck themseleves.

postin caps

Shen's Last Gift was the only one that was really worth it

base game is already breddy gud

no lewd mods for console doe

mod name please
PLEASE

It wont affect gameplay but it certainly looks measurably worse.

Its a lot more fun and immersive to see animations play out at 60 fps.

It is pretty damn good, but lack of mods might hurt it in the long run.

At the very least, hopefully the Console version will have every single cosmetic unlocked by default, rather than by rank. That was the very first mod i got because fuck having customization locked by soldier level.

But regardless, if you liked the previous game, you cant go wrong with this. Just dont spam Overwatch because tons of missions have time limits now.

its on lover's lab

"bikini mod" I guess

You will have to install it manually though

it's good, if you're into the turn based sort of thing.

you'll have to install another mod so you can wear it past tier1 armor

Is is possible for what one man to be so wrong?

Yes.
Yes it is.

posting these makes me want to reinstall xcom 2, haven't played it in awhile

did anyone ever make a mod to turn all the vipers into monster girls yet? I figured that shit would be out within hours after release.

>gave my first bot one of the spanish voices
Something really funny about a mexican robot

yeah, I was going to start playing too

I just wanna see good ole' Potshot back in action

When is it coming to smart phones?

kek

I gotta try that
I had a german one, seemed fitting

kek, sorry but XCOM2 is a lot higher production this time around.

I wouldn't count on it

>my squad after a berserker queen

I'm honestly surprised I managed to get them all out alive. Most intense game ever.

I couldn't see them scaling it down to fit phones

maybe when phones catch up

The only """""decent""""" PC exclusive got ported to PS4 and Xbone

>Complains about Long War being too long
The clue was in the name user.

I hated the "ruler turns"

I also have to deal with a ruler while I was defending the avenger

fuggin bullshit

I had to download a mod to debuff them

How safe is it to pirate the android EW? I wanna play it but don't have a single dime, and it's not like I haven't already bought it twice.

pretty garbage desu. I put in hundreds of hours into enemy within/long war. but I only went through 2 once on classic and never wanted to touch it again. gameplay feels very binary

Vanilla is very dull, but honestly, pretty much any mod gives a whole new feel to the game, check /xcg/ sometime

Pc + ps4 user
Ps4 looks to have gotten fucked over graphically. What's up with that?

That's awesome.
Any other cool Halo mods? I saw one with ODSTs.

What do you mean? It's a console

There's quite a hand full of Halo mods for XCOM 2. Just search "Halo" in the workshop and boom

console versions are usually like pc on low setting or worse

did we play the same game

I thought it was better then the first

ironman can be a cruel mistress

I bet you said the same thing about enemy within. I also bet you were in the threads telling people it will never come on console

>those nicknames
Cringe

Picked this game and Dark Dungeon up today. On PS4
Both are fun as fuck.

The game ran like shit on PC, it's a miracle it even runs on the PS4's hardware.

Not even bashing the PS4 that much, the game just runs that unbelievably shitty for what it is, especially later in the game.

It's still a good game anyway, I liked it even more than EU.

nope thats console mentality.

comparison video posted only 2 hours ago

youtu.be/twThM7JGYPA

I download a lot character packs from the Armory

I grow a custom with them because they are locked with them when they are recruits

I named all of these doe

>Mods messing up muh lore
How about you fuck off to skyrim and Dark soul threads.

Sounds like the typical names from any scifi movie

Holy shit are you people serious about this? Is it that important to damage control the fallout 4 announcement

I lose soldiers left and right in ironman

And the game's random creations look like shit

Apart from Boom Boom, I agree with you. And lots of scifi films are very cringeworthy.

t. console subhuman mad he can't get mods

the xbox version looks so bad imo

the ps4 is pretty good looking compared

>buying multiplatform games on consoles

Console looks the same imo.
Obviously PC looks nicer.

First post worst post.

i think the xbox comparison looked alot blurrier than the ps4

>4 grenadiers, 2 psy-ops

WE

I don't think a big expansion is coming, if they did make something for X2 on the scale of EW that would be the move that saves Xcom as a franchise.

>One moving violation

Glad you're liking them, console friend.

>DD
Use items like keys and antivenom on curios to get better loot and bonuses like stress relief or buffs until campfire.

The jester has a really powerful ability called finale that's only usable when he's in the front row and tosses him to the back where he can heal stress and buff for the rest of the fight.

Focus on the caster enemies they constantly inflict stress.

Use your campfires when you need to heal or get rid of stress, don't plot a spot on the map to use each fire (I did this)

Fighting with no light makes crit rates and enemy damage go way up but you can get fantastic drops in the dark.

Don't put a torch on the shambler's alter unless you're ready for a fight.

If you scout a secret on your map go to the square it's on and press up, use a skeleton key (You should have at least one on you at all times) on the box in the room for amazing loot.

>Xcom 2

Engineers> Scientists

Don't take rookies on missions after you have the guerrilla training school, only take squadies at lowest.

Don't skulljack the officer or the piss ninja until you're ready to fight a fucker with a jojo stand.

Don't spam explosives if you want to get those little loot drops, explosive kills destroy them.

Flashbangs are your friend and you can buy them from the very start in engineering, use them to stop psi attacks and make enemies miss shots.

Don't melee mutons

Don't sell elyrium cores

Always have a sneaky scout ready for retaliations

You can use the HQ the game gives you to make stuff build faster or have your soldiers heal faster. You can change the function once a month.

Do plot missions like the blacksite raid as soon as you get an upgrade to your armor or weapons, the longer you take the harder the mission gets.

Half cover is no cover

Launch a grenade under a turret on a building to instantly kill it.

Doing this same trick will do bonus damage to stuff after they fall through the hole in the roof.

I wanna fug that snake

WUZ ARNOLD

Tell me his name is Norman Osborne

WUZ

To be completely honest. The base game is good but its the mods that blow it out of the water and make it perfect.

the base game is worth on or two runs but thats about it. Its the mods that got me to replay it 12 times now.

Stuff was found in the SDK referring to an "Xpack" so they'll likely be something.

My theory is that similar to how EW introduced gene therapy and other things that were central to X2, the X2 expansion will introduce things central to X3.

The ending of X2 and the leaks allude to something but I don't want to spoil the new commanders.

Objectively it sounds more like a pc mentality...

HUMANITIES'S LAST LINE OF DEFENSE

Should I bother with Alien hunters or just stick to vanilla. I've heard it was bad.

>hey this looks neat
>turn based

Nevermind its trash

Play the vanilla game first at least, Alien hunters is really weird, the best of the three DLC's was the Shen's last gift one and even then the unit it gives you kind of sucks in the late game.

Wait, you're supposed to buy campfires?
I've done like three explorations and have been trying to find one.

Do you know how to get tid of a trap after you've scouted it? There's no promo and I don't remember the thing that explained it.

Also, should I just dismiss a warrior if they're too fucked mentally?
One of my Highwaymen breaks down every run and I'm tired of wasting money on him.

Thanks for the tips

a lot of the new items are pretty neat

but It's unfair as shit on a game that can be pretty unfair to begin with

Only worth it on PC. Enjoy your un-modded XCOM2 faggots

*there's no prompt

She's pure evil though.

There are people out there who didn't preorder the game and get sick rebel armor

>tfw no snekfu defector unit mod

some times this game is just worth it for the screenshots

EVIL XENO SCUM

>You're supposed to buy campfires.

You're given them automatically based off how long your expedition is going to be.

Short = 0
Medium = 1
Long = 2

>Traps

No idea, on the PC version you just click them so I don't know how they mapped it to the pad. Game has a weird touch screen interface so a lot of things are like that.

>Should I dismiss a warrior if they're fucked up.

Maybe, check their stats, specifically their negative quirks. If they have a bunch of stuff that stacks on stress than you should probably dismiss them, otherwise try to manage stress better by using campfires or using stress healing skills. (Jester is the best at it but the crusader and hound master both have decent stress heals too.)

>Being a faggot to people who buy xcom regardless of platform

Fuck off

It is a bit lacking in depth when it comes to customizing your characters' abilities, but that's standard Firaxis fare. The sort of thing an expansion could [hopefully] easily remedy.

But it is just a tad disappointing to play the game with the new psionics-exclusive class and no genetic engineering or mechanical augmentations.

Why are the best gun in the game a fish?

bitch stole Bradford's sweater

That only makes me harder though.

I mean look at it

>bitch stole Bradford's sweater
>implying he did not just leave it on the floor

So they can use it underwater when the TFTD expansion is released.

The fact that the XCOM twatter is in on the whole snekfu thing is fucking amazing

hyeah boi

personally suck ass at it. I was pro ew and loved that game but this one just keeps fucking my face. got to the first mission with turrets and just cant get past it. restarted 5 times. I dont know what the fuck my problem is.

first mission with turrets? isn't that one of the rare few without a turn limit? (the blacksite, specifically)
your problem is probably not enough grenadiers, they make the game ez

But that is where you are wrong kiddo
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=644076161&searchtext=playable aliens

Just blow up the floor underneath them.
That said, the simple fact that you usually have a limited number of rounds is a huge gamechanger from the first game.

Whelp looks like its time to up grade my pc.

That is pretty nito.

That is from my laptop
It plays """fine""" but the audio crackles a bit and the ragdolls are really wonky, but it still plays ok
my gaming pc was dropped while I was moving into my apartment so I'm saving up to build another one

You can also get the "sassy viper" mod to give them new sexy animations, there's a video about it on youtube.

Call of Duty Black Ops Marketing
>There is a soldier in every one of us
XCOM 2 Marketing
>There is a scalie in every one of us

is that the one that makes their one idle animation looking at their nails that made a bunch of kotaku writers butthurt?

ya thats the place. I just cant get a good angle on all the mobs that pop once they see you. and I'll try more grenadiers I only have one.
Dont really mind the turn limits because it forces you to play the "right" way and not hang back with overwatch. just wish I could pass this damn mission I like the game but I dropped it way back when it first came out because I just couldnt beat it.I'm going to reinstall it and make a new squad. maybe to an easy run or something first to get the hang of it. I always play strat games on the hardest setting and I think it bit me in the ass this time.

How is the atmosphere in this game? One of my favorite aspects about Enemy Unknown/Within was the eerie, foreboding atmosphere

>I actually think it’s pretty cool that sexy mods, as A Thing, exist, and you know, some people are into sexy anthropomorphic stuff. But in this particular case, I feel like the first YouTube comment says it all: “Look upon what you have wrought, Firaxis, and despair.”

I like XCOM 2 but I wouldn't say it has a compelling atmosphere. I would even go so far as to say that the atmosphere is a complete failure, since it doesn't even try to convey the narrative concept of a fallen earth and a ragtag guerrilla rebellion.

That atmosphere is actually completely gone, I'm afraid.

Yes, exactly.

If you ignore that you are still commanding spec-ops operators still using air transport to get to and from the operations, I think it fits the guerilla warfare mark just fine. Must of it is from "roleplaying" in my case, such as I try to come up with reasons for missions and there are multiple resistance factions that I am trying to appease

It was never good to begin with. Enjoy your shit game.

it is pretty good. . .
but it definitely needed mods to make it not stale

>I need le ebin so wacky mods to spice up my games!! xD
>>/reddit/

Pretty sure the viper king was a direct FU to people that likened a female only race.

Different user here.

There are AI improvements, additional map modules, enhanced enemies, new perks, new weapons, and lots of other mods that are not 'wacky' and serve primarily to enhance and extend the base game.

>iam silly
Fuck off

>whimsical strawmans using vernacular such as "le ebin" and emoticons to mock the opposing poster, followed by suggestions to go to reddit
>>Cred Forums

There are a shitton of gameplay mods to both make it harder and easier. Do you just enjoy shitposting?

Not all are.

>implying shes not there to distract the commander and keep him busy

I know (you) are just memeing because you're a cuck. I genuinely cannot understand niggers like you having anything against mods with games. That is like saying you wouldn't customize your brand new car that you BOUGHT because it would devalue it? It is not like you're leasing a fucking video game dumb ass.

You are saying that as if that wasn't why I brought her on the Avenger in the first place

that snek is cute.

yesssss

did you draw that?
if not I need a source

>people who shit up their games and break all lore and ruin the artistic vision of the developer are just baffling to me
Well, I guess the devs are just as baffling to you, because having a game with full mod support to have all sorts of shit made by the community was part of their artistic vision.

She's pretty cute.

Snekguy, he even wrote stories about sneks.

pastebin.com/DVTusz4B

I could count the number of worthwhile gameplay mods on one hand. The fact of the matter is most gameplay mods are shit and ruin the finely crafted balance and meta of a game.

Bug fixes and QoL improvements are the only mods you need. Back to skyrim with you memespouting fucks

(You) going all out kiddo!

>The fact
I'm not sure what that means these days on modern Cred Forums buzzword linguistics, but in a courtroom that means that the following statement is indeed a fact, meaning it is truthful and not carrying subjective opinions.

All the Long War mods, A Better Advent and its plug-ins, True Concealment, Retroactive AWC + Psi Lab Scientist Requirement, Accurate Swords, Starting Staff, and Squad Cohesion are all great mods that improve the game immensely in ways that make complete sense.

I'll bite
Playable Aliens to give more use out of your alien corpses and also adds new strategies
Additional Mission types
Adds a few new mission types (duh)which includes a siege mode where your squad must hold out for around 12 rounds until you can evac, where along the way you'll get new random soldiers that if they survive the siege, get added to the roster steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=647242867&searchtext=s

The LWS mods are so good they might as well be free DLC packs (They should seriously port them to the console version, firaxis commissioned them so they're more or less part of the game)

>tfw I never use mods because it ruins the immersion for me

lol rarely see someone get BTFO this hard.

Have fun with your less than 30fps

I find it hilarious that Console players love to bash mods all they want until they actually get the chance to get mods

I googled and this is what I found.

youtu.be/Ti4sqG85FU4

Excellent.

This is the real one.

youtube.com/watch?v=M1hZ5XnAmKE&feature=youtu.be

>blows a kiss

It's shit.

It's shit and shouldn't be bought unless you get it second hand. Firaxis is a shit company that deserves to die.

There is a difference between posters on Cred Forums and Bethesda babbies.

SEV!

It came out for us fags? Shit I might pick it up later.

Same to me. It feels like watching a fan made movie instead of the original, even if its better

I wouldn't mind mods and F4 is boring as fuck as a console guy. Good thing I didn't spend any money on F4 because a friend got it for me and he lets me use his account.

I pray every day for sexy aliens to invade us.

I would settle for science being able to gene mod humans

That and just naked sneks should've been out just days after release.

I'm severely disappointed we still don't have either.

I believe a female topless archon is in the works, though.

>fucking norway

It's okay. Pretty rage-inducing but that's part of the appeal.

I would say buy it...
no idea how the port is. The PC version is better since you can play with mods, but if you are desprate for a good turnbased game and only have the ps4 then I would say go for it