ITT: Games that a ruined by final act

>village is A+ segment because of lack of ammo and weapons and atmosphere. Also one of the best opening levels ever.

>castle still provides decent challenge

>island is full on retarded with millions of enemies and almost infinite ammunition (at least cheesiness makes you smile)

bump

funny, I thought the last level also overstayed its welcome and that the game should have ended before it.

Imo main problem was that castle was way too long. And then next chapter is tacticool action with only good things being regenerators we see five times in a whole game and over-the-top fight with Krauser.

True. They should have ended the game in the castle or made that level end a lot sooner.

to me it just ruins the pacing. The place has a feel to it which screams final level but then we start over and go to a new island which is significantly shorter and it just doesn't feel right.

Another good contender. Needed more polish.

For me it was due to relatively low ammount of stuff that was happening. No boss fights until the end, water-pit chamber, everything looks samey, fucking Ashley.

Hard to say it was "ruined", seeing as the main plot was barebones to begin with, but the final act (Return to Skellige/Confront The Wild Hunt) was so rushed and pathetic it hurt to experience it.

The main plot may have been lackluster, but it was better left ambiguous if nothing else, instead of whatever the fuck that final act was supposed to be.

Maybe but island level had the best enemy

I remember the island just having endless shit to shoot with my end game guns so it was pretty fun for that.

Who are all these pacing fags? Don't you guys like variety?

Very cool concept, but I think it would be much better to leave them unkillable, or killable only under some special circumstances (I think RE6 did something similar).
They show up way too late at the point where you are loaded with health and weapons. First regenerator was spooky for the first time and caught me off guard, but you get scope minute later. And they show up only four or so times. On Proffessional they are fun though, but I talk about normal difficulty which everybody played through on the first time.

Same deal with the original. Pic related should've just ended with the rescue of the SI scientists, witnessing Darrow's gambit on the television. Would've been a perfect lead in to MkD, instead of the dumb Interpol undercover shit.

JC! You ARE the Gray Death

Crysis

Great until you have to start fighting alien squids in zero g

Whole second disc.

nope

even on Pro difficulty, the knife fucking makes the game too easy if i even run out of ammo from not landing headshots 24/7

>Iron Keep is unacceptable world design fuck up
>this is somehow 10/10 masterpeice

Its probably the worst part of the castle levels honestly. Outside of maybe if you're like me and hate the cage prisoner part.

the knife was totally fine. the real problem was how powerful weapons were able to be upgraded. early game on pro difficulty is a great balance since you can't just shoot everyone.

different user here, btw

The second disk was much better than the first. The first disk is poorly paced with the whole Bart segment, while all the interesting stuff only happens later on.

>he didn't get the point
Everything after village is comedy gold with all the horror movie clishes. I mean we have castle with guys shooting bows and catapukts at you and then suddenly using a minigun. And then island where "elite army" wields swords and dynamite. Even for RE standards it was new level of sillyness.

The UNN Rickenbacker and The Body of the Many might just be the two most unenjoyable video game related things i have ever experienced.

Hating the second disc of Xenogears is a form of meme, I genuinly believe there are people who can't form their own opinions and just spew whatever is fed to them. Similar to the whole SW prequel meme, sure they're bad movies but people have exaggerated it to the point where you can't tell if it's supposed to be in jest or not.

I've beat the game again very recently and I don't have a problem with the second disc, sure the pacing and structure is different but frankly after 40 hours of disc 1 It's a welcoming change, and ultimately the grand epic story is unfolded and concluded satisfactory.

>the entire helicopter scene

Was one of the last times I got hyped for something happening in a video game. I miss being young.

>tfw 5 and 6 took themselves too seriously
RE7 seems too lack all the b-movie sillyness.

This game would've been 10/10 if the devs had been able to finish it. But instead the third act was just

>Slow turret section through a dark canyon fighting off waves of enemies.
>WTF tier boss fight that lasts all of 5 minutes.
>Boring prision escape mission that takes away all your weapons and equipment.
>Weird disappointing final boss combined with a confusing and disappointing ending for a squeal that will never get made.

Good to see the hatred of the ME3 ending died down.

I still fucking hate it.

Thread is about good games that are spoiled by final act, not about games that are horrible from the beginning to an end.

Ill never get this meme.
People act like they were hard and super spooky
I never ever died to them and it was super clear how to kill them. And easy too.
The armored claw monsters were the shit.