Games only nĂ¼-males hate

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_4#Sales
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gears_of_War_(video_game)#Sales
macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/over-time
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nu-males are too busy white-knighting on social media to play video games

>generic brown and grey chest high wall simulator is a MAN'S GAME XDDD

Can a game be generic if it was the one that basically started the trend?

That's like saying that Doom is a generic FPS and Command and Conquer is just a generic RTS.

fucking this, no reason to hate gears and the only reason anyone has is that they are a pussy beta cuckold who gets triggered by muscular white males and gore

>Can a game be generic if it was the one that basically started the trend?

Okay, so even worse. It ushered games into the dark ages of brown/grey cover shooters for almost 10 years.

hello microsoft, would you kindly fuck off

Gears of War is extremely generic and meant for edgy uneraged teens, like OP

Again, you are blaming the thing that made it popular and not hating the ones trying to copy it ad infinitum and FAILING.

They missed the point of gears where it isn't just "pew pew, take cover, pew pew etc." You have to MOVE in gears or you will get flanked hard. That's not counting the MP strats like wall bouncing.

>generic
>literally every sony exclusive that came since has been a copy of gears of war with a different storyline

no

gameplay

No. Other publishers did that because nobody has creativity anymore.

Blame the industry, not the game.

gears is THE definition of dudebro, only nerds and idiots can actually hate it

So Sony exclusives are generic shit too.

Gears were just boring, generic shooter.

That's like saying something like Twilight Zone is bad because it has too much cliches, when it was the show that created those cliches.

>implying I'm a sonygger
I don't remember PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale LITERALLY being a gears clone.

>It's the fucking Locust again

I thought we wiped them out

Honestly I am getting this. I never played 3 or 4 or the spin offs but I have had a long enough break from gears where I think I might have fun with this. I hope it can recapture the good ole days.

GoW were awesome. Too good to just be on the 3shitty

I always wanted 2 and 3 on PC but Epic fucked up and now they're on the brink of bankruptcy

Nobody is talking about their 3 failed games nowadays

end of gears 3 you wiped out the lambent locust that were infected with the imulsion, not all the locust were lambent

im so hyped for this game, holy fuck its been so long since ive played gears. i know im going to get ass fucked for a bit until i get used to it again but man its going to feel so good to come back to it.

>Brink of bankruptcy

Nigga what?

Gears games were only popular because they showcase the unreal engine and marginally improved the 3rd person shooter mechanics for like 6 months it took the rest of the world to do it as well or better. The story and characters are laughable try-hard stereotypes than only 11 year olds would find fun, let along moving.

Microsoft is the worst at letting things meet their natural end and creating new things. Gears and Halo were fun 10 years ago. It is time to let go and do something else. It's like Sonic for brodudes

>t. someone who only played the first one

gears made the third person shooter popular in the first place and has yet to be beaten. you playing coop for 2 acts at your friends house in 2006 doesn't make you an expert on all things gears, just stop kid.

No, that was Resident Evil 4. Gears popularized cover-based third person shooters.

and over time gears got more popular than resident evil did for last gen.

Every game you hate.

for fuck's sake can they just lose already

>buy GTX 1070
>comes with Gears 4
>enter into nvidia site
>get this error

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

>Look for GoW4 for PC
>Get nothing but the xboned version ads
>Can't find anything in news or store

Is anything Microdick related DoA?

it wasnt the first one to have chest high walls
there was that one ps2 game
killswitch or something
its whole ad campaign was NOW YOU CAN BLIND FIRE

Buying the game gives the copy on both Xbone and PC.

gears is fine mechanically though, if it wasn't given such shitty aesthetics and writing/characters it'd be a pretty fantastic game.

worth mentioning that GoW influenced the genre really heavily and still none of the clones felt or played nearly as well.

I also would like Epic to do something a bit more ambitious and less tired, but there are a lot worse games out there

>It's going to be $60+tip

Uh oh

I just want the PC version

Meh fuck that

I like how if you get it for the xbone you get it for Windows 10 and vice versa. However I will be getting it for the bone because I'm not leaving windows 7 until they really force my hand.

Why don't the humans just leave Sera? I mean what's stopping them from investing their resources into space colonization? They have the technology and the Locust threat has been slowed down to the point where they can afford to have people dedicated to intraplanetary colonies.

>it'd be a pretty fantastic game.
that depends on who you are though
Gears has always been an incredibly slow game
the game constantly punishes you for trying to go at your own pace instead of using cover

In PvE it does yes, PVP it doesn't

>it's going to be the price of every new game

what a shock. you're at least basically getting 2 copies of the game.

Also, seeing as how I even saw master chief collection codes on cd key sites for dirt cheap, I don't doubt that there will be gears 4 codes.

Only those born without spines cannot appreciate the Emperor's Finest.

i'd bet the nemacysts and reavers would really grind their ass down

Yeah, that's fair. it's not something I'd ride or die for or hold in the same esteem as unreal or quake or anything, but I can't think of many (any?) third person games since that have had gameplay as solid for better or worse

Your posting on a Mongolian puppet show website, everyone here is a numale.

>RE4 Sales
5.9 million units across all (console) formats + more than 560,000 units on Steam = 6.46 million

>GOW1 Sales
5.88 million copies worldwide

Sources:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_4#Sales
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gears_of_War_(video_game)#Sales

:^)

>has completely missed the story

I mean in terms of TPS you have both sides of the spectrum
theres gears which is slower and more methodical
and then there is vanquish which is ment to be more fast paced and actually punishes you FOR using cover

its weird that we cant get a good inbetween

They don't have the technology because they've been spending centuries in war.

>not understanding the meaning of "over time"

>denying numerical facts
wew lad

literally nothing should be made then, because it might potentially become popular and oversaturate the market

>had the absolute perfect character creator for MP
>no dedicated servers
>last boss was a fucking QTE

Outside of those gripes it's still an 8/10 for me and one of the best 3rd person shooters I've ever played, mostly because it realized that cover and shooting were for homos.

Can't hate something for being good to the point where people start ripping it off.

"Over time" meaning the sequels outsold RE.
"gradually
Things will get better over time."

Source:
macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/over-time

How were people getting those free codes? Is it still possible?

this

No new good game costs more than 30 dollars, or should, on PC

Also i'm not on Burgerland so 60 dollars is not the same amount of burgerflipping as it is here

Microsoft have a deal with Nvidia

Gears is shit.

I think I enjoyed every other third-person shooter that came out that gen more.

I was comparing 1 game to another 1, not each series's sales figures you retard.

You have to buy a GTX 1070/1080 to get a free copy.

Basically what nvidia does almost every time a AAA title is released.

I don't think anyone remembers PS all stars period

You used it as a counter argument to "and over time gears got more popular than resident evil did for last gen." This is still false considering Gears did in fact outsell RE OVER TIME. You need to read before you go on a googling spree, you fucking idiot

>mfw bought 1070 a day earlier and couldn't get a code
>mfw did the code exploit and got a code for free anyways

Ah, then it's hardly free. Has there been a major release in the last couple of years where that wasn't the case?

I remember even Rainbow Six: Siege having that kind of deal, while certainly great, it isn't very graphically impressive.

>muh nu-males
Are Xboners the DCucks of video games?

I wasn't aware that disliking the shittiest kind of shooter made you a nu-male.

What code exploit?

Yeah man Gravity Rush was totally influenced by Gears of War

why no one ever supports PC gaming in a nutshell

It's a good deal for both parts, so it makes total sense.

Amazon was giving away codes before verifying payment. They fixed it the same day and Nvidia took off the code voucher redeemer from their site.

I already payed $480 for the graphics card, I shouldn't have gotten punished for buying it a day late and not getting the code tbqh senpai.

Sales don't always correlate with popularity. Interest in the series had steadily declined since 4 (despite 5 and 6 selling a boatload though 6 was still a financial failure). Meanwhile Gears is considered one of the defining series for the 360 and arguably the generation.

Well, it's a good deal if you were going to upgrade your GPU ayway like I did.

Now I don't have to spend $400 on the GPU and than buy the game still as well.

>try-hard sterotypes

Nigger are you forreal? Gears doesn't want to take itself seriously all the time. The banter and the bro's are so fucking natural in Gears it makes them a lovable squad to play as. Fuck you for talking shit about the characters.

>pee cucks used to call gears a generic dude bro shooter
>now it's coming to pc, it's the best series ever

Jesus.

fun fact: rainbow six vegas came out at the same time and had a better cover system and generally better multiplayer

This must explain this then.

The first Gears was on PC years ago

>first game of a new IP exclusive to the xbox almost outsells an established franchise on it's fourth game

what are you trying to prove here

>That feel when owned a 360 when Gears 1-3 came out and had a PC for Judgement.
>Only series I missed other than SSX
>Gears 4 now coming to PC in OCTOBER (Thought they were going to take years to port)
My penis is beyond ready.

Nice try but gears 4 has numales working on it just like every other game in the industry.

>someone makes a gears thread once in a blue moon, and because the new game's about to come out
>every thread the same "lol dudebro" shit is brought up
>this now means people think it's the best shooter ever due to being on PC

Also
>implying the very first gears game wasn't already on PC for a decade

So much stupid in one post.

What the fuck am I looking at here?
Is it weeb gears? Is this weeaboo gears? For fucks sake get it together Epic, what the fuck are doing?

>Female character = Numales

How delusional can you fat autistic neckbeards get?

what a fucking retard

isn't gears of war literally THE numale game?

The lead designers are pretty cool, but every game studio will have numale mama's boy nerds.

that's clearly just a random gears related image to accompany his post.

Even worse.
>Gears is on PC and 360.
>RE4 is on Gamecube,PS2,Xbox360,PS3,PC,PS4 and XBOX one.
Barely scrapes passed it despite being 2 years older.
RE4 babbs on SUICIDE WATCH

I wish Gears would push the bar more like Cliff did early Gears1 when he had his heart broken and became bitter and dark. When Berserkers were chained and mass raped for breeding.

An actually war torn planet that was also war torn to the very core of the planet. No inch of soil no matter how deep was untouched by blood.

Gears needs to go darker and edgier and in that bleak reality, bros form unbreakable bonds. They will keep fighting w 10 bullets deep in their chest, a sawed off blown their arm off and a sniper blew a hole in his kneecap and he keeps shooting till his body stops because he knows every last bit of fight left in him can help his brothers live another day.

>female characters that are equivalent to 300 lb super soldiers who can rip aliens apart with their bare hands

no

Has the starting roster been released yet?

I don't really like any of the next generation characters but ook forward to playing old man Fenix (and hopefully flashback Dom).

I'm well aware the first one was on pc you mongs. 2 was the best one and you cucks missed it, now you cucks are screaming 4 will be great.

As someone who has followed them for a long time. The series is a shit cashgrab now but pee virgins will love 4 because you get some scraps this time.

I'm talking more about the hipster beanie and the hipster hair. But yes she is also a black female.

>Mass amounts of gore.
>Can brutally execute even women.
>Skipping the radio in gears 2 would tell anya to shut the fuck up.
It's "Toxic masculinity" if anything.

What the fuck is a nu-male?

I dunno dude. Most of my friends play this trash and they're pretty "nu-male"

If you play Gears multiplayer at all and someone's on voice chat, 90% of the time you'll hear normalfag whites and minorities blasting spanish music.

>back in 2010 you could play as anya and sam in the gears 3 beta

Females in Gears started being used because the human race was on the verge of fucking extinction and they had no choice but to start making them fight.

Also

>you get to see the ass of a female in full view when running, get to fucking EXECUTE them in the most violent ways possible etc.

Adding female Gears was a lot of good fun, Sam and Anya are top tier females.

>not mentioning zeebo
heh now i know your just jealous

I also forgot the Wii

Microsoft, one of the top 5 biggest companies on the planet, has more marketing push than Capcom, a niche japanese company. Shocking.

No. The game has too much testosterone and depictions of white males getting shit done. Also features a black guy without a meaningful discussion of race and privelage.

Cred Forums's new buzzword. Give em a month and they'll pick up another one.

>2 was the best one and you cucks missed it,

Are you seriously trying to act like one couldn't have had an Xbox 360 long ago and moved to PC later on? I have every Gears game (including Judgment) and built a gayman PC in 2013. I just didn't get an Xbone because it was a colossal fuckup.

But RE4 is on Microsoft machines and was advertised for their rereleases so try again.

>2 was the best one

lol

The mp was fucked so hard at launch and the campaign was disappointed. 3 > 1 > 2, I expect 4 to be above or under 3 though

Fun fact: you're wrong and a faggot

It will be below 3 because there's no sawed-off shotgun and they fucked up the boltok pistol.

What a fucking imbecile.

>and generally better multiplayer
Oh fuck off.

Again, I'm talking about the hipster beanie and hipster hair more than the fact that she's a female and an ethnic

>implying this wasnt already established in previous Gears(Anya,Myrrah and Samantha not including the multiple other female gears in the comics and cutscenes) before this entire SJW nonsense even began

shut the fuck up already.

I think she's cute. She'll probably be annoying as fuck but you know what? They didn't make her some muscle equivalent, her armor is 10 times smaller etc. She is fine.

>it will be below because no sawed off

lol

that makes it the best one then

2's campaign was much better than 3. And the mp was a joy once it was fixed.

No, considering I have a gayman pc too. I'm just saying, these threads popping up now that gears 4 is getting a pc release shows the mentality of the people who call themselves 'pc gamers'. To call a series shit for years saying they don't want it, but as soon as they get it to hail it as amazing.

>implying they're the same people from before
>implying Cred Forums is one person

Holy shit stop being fucking retarded.

3s campaign had more feels while the dom/maria shit that made up the middle of gears 2 sucked. I will say that 2 ended way better than 3 though, there was a real sense of collapse and disaster in the final act as jacinto was getting fucked

>dudebro games are now considered a good thing by Cred Forums since they're no longer as popular
sasuga Cred Forums

your triggered butthurt only proves my point. rs vegas was objectively the better game

>People that got destroyed by wallbouncers are still SO mad 10 years later they're unirionically trying to say Gears of WAR is "SJW" and "Nu-male"
Wew lad what a time to be alive, can't wait for Gears 4 to release on PC so when I fucking POUND the 15 year olds who try it out they can be the new generation of bads shitposting the game because instead of simply getting better most niggers would rather cry and whine about the game being unfair.

I wonder how horde is going to be with pcucks, theyll probably hack. I hope you can disable the option to play with pc in coop modes

Where's Vegas' 4 sequels then?

is there a bigger dudebro/chicano magnet than this shit franchise?

>these threads popping up now that gears 4 is getting a pc release
Or because there's a completely new game in the series and someone just wanted a reason for a Gears thread.

rs vegas 2
rs siege (best new pc shooter right now)

by your logic cod must be the greatest franchise ever with its 37 sequels right

how the fuck has no one posted this yet
this is literally numale the game

Uh, no. Quake started the brown/gray-a-thon.

This.
It's funny how Gears threads are literally CS:GO threads except people don't bitch about gun skins.
>"UNFAIR GAME MECHANICS"
>"BURDEN OF KNOWLEDGE"
>"THIS WEAPON IS OP!!!!"
Yeah, you definately don't have an ulterior motive for disliking the game.

Because it's games they HATE, dumbass. Read for once in your life.

>Games you like if your first console was a 360.

no thanks m8

Siege isn't a Vegas game but good job discrediting yourself.
I love siege but vegas was honestly janky as fuck and sucked shit.
Also yeah, a smart business decision for a non story based game is to keep pumping out sequels that improve the base gameplay.
It's when we get sequels with next to no improvements is when it becomes a problem, but the people behind CoD are smart because they STILL MAKE MONEY.
That's, you know, the entire fucking point of running a business.

>you can only like X game because your first console was the one it came out on

That doesn't even make sense.

Not him but I think he was just mentioning siege because its probably the closet thing to a sequel we will ever get. They will never release something as janky and great as vegas.

Come on OP, you faggot.

I actually really liked the first game.
People shit on the artstyle, but i actually liked the hyper-aggressive stereotypes of the cog and locust. The architecture and general bleak environments and world were interesting.
First game was fun to co-op, played it with my brother a lot.Multi i never really got into, but the maps were pretty well designed.

The second game took a huge crap on the atmosphere and world i liked so much in the first entry. Didn't enjoy the campaign as much as the first game. Didn't understand why they nerfed the balance between machineguns and shotguns. Never played multiplayer.

Started 3, but never even bothered to finish it. What a trainwreck. I swear the ai got full retard, enemies die way too easily, flanking is either not possible or not necessary, the pacing is all fucked up thanks to cutscenes every 10 goddamn seconds breaking up the gameplay whenever things got the opportunity to get interesting.

Never really bothered with the series after that. It might as well be dead to me now.

>The story and characters are laughable try-hard stereotypes than only 11 year olds would find fun.
I liked them exactly because they are overly aggressive grimdark stereotypes. I liked the fact that the worlds only chance at redemption was a bunch of roidraged complaining apes that probably wouldn't be liked by anyone in other circumstances, something they put emphasis on when the crew meets the stranded.

I thought the maria scene was a bit overly hollywood dramatic and unfitting, but the bromance between dom and marcus was genuinly kinda cute.

I played both Vegas games and I could never really get my heart into them, I felt that for a tac shooter they made some really weird decisions for gameplay mechanics.
Siege on the other hand feels awesome and it's great to wreck shit with a crew.

If your first console was a 360 then your opinion is trash because you're probably less than 20 years old or disgustingly poor.

Nu males, microcucks and sjws are already loving this game.

They replaced the cast with liberal arts students and added a drump joke to push their liberal agenda.

I played 1-3. Didn't play any of the named ones. Is our boy Marcus still in it?

Then how would they have been able to try the Gears series with their games costing $60 bucks a pop?

Your logic would make more sense with PC than consoles because 90% of the people play indie and F2P games or buy games on discount.

How the fuck does this look anything like an anime at all? Because it has more than 2 colors?

played the first one for 2 hours or so before dropping it entirely.
The gray and brown aesthetics did fuck all to create atmosphere and just made the game drab and boring.
Cover shooters with regen health and limited as f movement have and always will suck.

It's weird to me that liking Gears of war somehow invalidates my N64, PS1 and PS2 because you're mad about games that are about gore and manly killing.

Dom is a Zom now

Gears of War? More like Tears of War. It has that one little bitch crying all the time.

Need some rap music playing, not that mad world shit.

So this is the power of neo Cred Forums...woah...

Is there any reason to play gears 4 over gears 3?

WE FLY

There's already been a scene in campaign shown that has Dom and Hoffman when they were younger doing some operation with Marcus.

People are hoping that since they have those models, they'll be put into multiplayer. Zombie Dom also seems to have Dom's voice, but with a retarded "brainz" grunt every once in a while.

And yet you still can't beat them.

Humanity had only been fighting the Locust for 5 years, and the UIR had invented the hammer of dawn during the pendulum wars, which lasted over 70 years. If they could put an imulsion powered satellite into space they should be able to send people.

So you blame Half Life for halo then?

You blame Quake for CoD?

Star Ocean is a Gears of War clone? What about bloodborne?
>inb4 jap games don't count

the game looks good but why are they shoving political garbage in it? so disappointing

Gears invented third person games so yeh.

Except Quake's drab color palette was chosen to evoke a dark oppressive atmosphere whereas Gears did it to be "realistic". Oh and Quake wasn't a fucking cover shooter for faggots either.

>Magna Cum Laude

>GOW didn't had rap
Nigga didn't even beat the first game.

I actually really liked the music during the campaign of the first game. After all these years i remember most tunes very clearly, that's not something i can say about 99% of all other large orchestrated soundtracks. Whenever the crew discovered another plan going up in smoke or the stumbled upon another situation that was bound to go down the "barum dum dum-dum-dum" really accentuated the disbelief and dissapointment of the main characters having to deal with murphys law some more. The sounddesign in general was quite nice apart from some weapons. Great memorable voices all round too.