How many times have you beaten it, Cred Forums?

How many times have you beaten it, Cred Forums?

Once.
It was great.

same, thinking about going for #4

Just bought it a couple weeks ago. I'm still working on my first play through.

Dropped it halfway thru. Will finish it someday because i paid for it but ill surely have to force myself to do it

Never played it fully, hate third-person hack and slash. Is it worth powering through? For reference, an open world game i really like is New Vegas, and a bit less Fo4.

twice. it was boring

The "open world" in Witcher 3 is not really worth exploring at all. It actually might have been a better game if it was considerably more linear.

If you hate third-person hack and slashes, you probably won't like Witcher 3.

Once. Half way through a second playthrough.

I love the game, but the content is kind of staggering. Hard to do everything when you're squashed between work and school.

Same here. Really, really enjoyed it but dropped it for no real reason. I'll get back to it one day and enjoy the rest of it I'm sure.

Once. I'm not autistic enough to replay story driven games and have a huge backlog to work with.

I have to disagree, the Witcher 3 is actually one of the rare games to do open world right. You travel somewhere, discover a village, find a contract and there you go hunting a ghost, trying to figure out what happened. It's way better than empty GTA or copy pasted shitty outposts to capture or boring crappy skyrim style loot in copy pasted environment.

Once.

>bought B&W DLC (first dlc i ever bought)
>enjoyed it so much that i decided to get the first dlc
>decided i was too op for it and that level scaling was too buggy to make it as challenging as i felt it should be
>fuck it i might aswell just start a new game on death march (did blood and bones first playthrough)
>get up to Skellige and drop it completely
>still haven't played HoS several months later

Once, and sold it for $14 after beating Blood and Wine. Good game, but I'd never want to play it again.

I never even finished it. I dropped it in favor of Fallout 4, which is clearly the superior game.

never finished it due to how painfully bad it was

Twice. A full playthrough takes about 150 hours for me. I'm happy with how I finished the trilogy so I don't think I'll replay it for a while now.

I beat it about twice daily.

How do you guys have so much free time? My fucking God.

None

Stopped at Skellige because it was too fucking boring

But HoS is like the best shit ever.

0, although I've played for like 250 hours and beat both DLCs.

HoS and BaW are fucking amazing. NG+, hardest setting

>that image

> not autistic
> has a backlog

once. gonna play it again on new game+ sometime soon. i finished it the first time before they finished the free dlc program thingy so all that stuff will be new to me as well.

got bored after killing the griffin

None yet. I played the first one a couple of years ago and I finished the second one just a few months back. 1 was better, not that 2 was bad it just wasn't as good. Judging by divided opinions on Cred Forums it must be pretty good. That's how I buy games nowadays. If Cred Forums almost unanymously says it's shit I don't even bother. If it's 50/50 it's a must buy and if most people here love it it's usually shit with a few exceptions. Thanks for unwillingly helping me buy good games guys.

none. it was pretty boring

There are some pretty cool places that aren't even marked on the map, like the dispute between 2 villages in Velen or the marauders looting corpses encounter etc. That you won't even find if you just go for ?. The loot system really discourages you just going somewhere on a whim tho. Makes me appreciate Gothic even more in that regard. Finite number of items without RNG stats and level scaling, always made it worth for you to go somewhere and search for some kind of weapon to use or to look up to until the very late game when you craft the best weapons.

stopped at the baron quest, too boring

>like the dispute between 2 villages in Velen

What? Where?

Once
I was partways through my second and it just got to be such a slog that I stopped
The story is really compelling the first time through but the other decisions you can make for future playthroughs weren't enough to propel me through the tedium of the transit and combat

0 it's crap

3 in 300hr total. Still haven't played Blood & Wine tho.
As soon as I get a new graphics card I'll start over and finish everything. This time I want full 60fps

is 1.22 the final patch?

1.31 is the latest.

>This time I want full 60fps

You'll need a gtx1080 if you want all ultra + full hairworks

And don't believe the cucks claiming the -MAX- it out on a 1070 1440p

Just started it yesterday after beating Witcher 2 and previously Witcher 1.

Witcher 1 was great, Witcher 2 was meh, Witcher 3 is great so far

okay, i guess the fan wiki i went to was out of date. is that the last one or is there more coming?

0, still playing. I had the vanilla version but kind of dropped it really early for no reason but then I picked up the complete edition when it came out and seriously started playing it. I'm in skellige at lvl 20 right now. It's been pretty fun, especially the quest variety. Definitely has a lot more thought put into then just collect 20 bear asses for mr no name npc. Combat is kind of hit or miss though. Some times it feels amazing during a fight and everything is just flowing and it looks badass but then in the next one it just feels bland as fuck. I'm not too impressed with the skill trees either and combat and alchemy are the only good ones. Signs is just gimp to invest in if you ask me.

Probably four or five times after it came out, and I still haven't gotten either of the expansions.

once
it doesnt really have any replayability

I put 60 hours into it, finished both Velen and Novigrad. Absolutely loved it. Then I got to Skellige and now I have no desire to play

What's wrong with me?

its a long game, I took a break right after reaching skellige too

Yeah 1.31 was released about a week ago. Its definetly not the last.

Not even once because the combat sucked balls.

>What's wrong with me?

you probably groaned at all the underwater ? marks on the map and the thought of exploring those in shitty dinghy boat made you sick just like everyone else.

Maybe the fact that there is a huge new unexplored area is intimidating. But here is the thing, Skellige is much smaller that it looks, the sea has absolutely nothing of value and a good part of the landmass is impassible mountainous terrain.

main game twice, expansions once. it was a good ride but the world is very dead once its over.

Once, pretty recently. I got it on sale before the complete edition came out.

Eventually I'll go back and play it on real man difficulty.

>literally nobody at kaer morhen after the end

>open world game with missable sidequests
I never dropped a game so hard

Once. I didn't finish Blood and Wine too. I took a break of a few months after going to Skellige and now I will take another big break of the game till I finish Blood and Wine. I think each session lasted me 40-50 hours before going into a break, the game is just way too fucking huge. Wish there was more of the card game though. Only two tournaments was not enough.

>tfw you have to stop wearing Undvik armor

Skellige is about where I started my hiatus, too. Still looking to get back into it though. In the time I did spend in Skellige I found the navigation to be a little more of a pain in the ass and the wet atmosphere was a little overbearing for some reason.

Once, playing through W2 now, and it makes me appreciate W3 a lot more. W3 isn't without its problems, but they fixed a lot of shit I dislike in W2.
>better combat
>contracts are a lot more engaging
>movement and looting is far less clunky
>no need to recraft potions and oils
>crafting is improved
>going through the doors isn't a pain in the ass

>he doesn't do all the sidequests first in anticipation of this in every game anyways

why would there be?

So I don't get depressed

Main story twice

HoS and BaW once each

Eventually you get Maximum Bear ursine armor so it's all good.

Ursine chest with Griffin extras is GOAT armor combo, especially with the BaW dyes letting you remove the weird teal/puke green colouring the Griffin set has.

>Signs is just gimp to invest in
Once you get the mutation that gives Aard a chance to freeze or damage and use Yrden traps, you can basically aoe and cc everything to death.
Bandit groups just exploded, even when I was not overleveled and did not have the Grandmaster Gryphon Armor set bonus.

Once. It's sooo fucking long but I enjoyed it

Thats a damn shame user, Hearts of Stone is the best thing this game has to offer

You would be even more depressed when the NPC's were left in the world but only had 2 lines. It was a good decision to cut them from post-game.

3. I do the same shit everytime too. If I keep coming to threads like this I might start a 4th.

I can't even believe that Cyberpunk will be way bigger than this game.

I guess, there was no happy ending with this game

Even if you don't, signs are underrated.

I find the combat isn't too good (obviously not a rare opinion) so investing in Whirl/Rend and all the alternate Signs really spices it up, especially changing binds so you don't have to bother with quick menu nonsense if you're on Gamepad.

Limiting your damage for flexibility makes the combat immensely more challenging and fun, and you'll also be driven to dip into Alchemy more to make up for shortcomings instead of just throwing on Feline armor and Light Attacking everything to death. You can then put together a fun Sign + Adrenaline build from that.

Their damage is mostly crap but unless you're on Death March NG+ then just having basic weaponry for your level is fine. But the CC and utility aspects are fun and I found I could see specific uses for all of them in certain situations, which is honestly better than most magic systems in most games, so it being basic works in its favour sometimes.

And yeah, when you reach end-game you get double casting, Yrden + Entanglement memes and the Frost Aard which turns the worst sign in the game into something godly. It's good fun.

Never it sucks I forced myself to play to where you get to that island when yen was then I dropped it. I couldn't take that horrible user interface and combat another second. I'll probably watch the story later or something though it was interesting

Honestly, the game would have been much better if it was linear like Witcher 2, which because of the linear world had a branching story. Instead with Witcher 3 we got an open world with hundreds of boring question mark locations, I don't see how that is a good open world at all, being open world actually hurt the game.

>Signs is just gimp to invest in if you ask me.

they're not but its obvious magic stuff isn't your bag. to each their own.

Except the one where literally everyone ends up happy? Except maybe triss/yen I guess

Once was enough for me. The story was okay, the gameplay was trash. If the gameplay was better, I'd probably play it again to make different choices in the story, but I'm not putting up with 100 hours of that horseshit again.

CDPR should make their next game like the ones that Telltale makes, since it's obvious that gameplay isn't important to them at all.

Finished the main game and then finished the expansions as they came out. Plan on replaying the series in a year or two

Those map markers should have been removed, but desu I like the w3 open world for the feel of a lush country side that it gives, not many games have that

Skellige isles were cool too but the boating could have been better, and water looked like shit

>Except maybe triss/yen I guess

and the player*

>like the ones that Telltale makes
With bad acting, stilted animation, and no choices?

Somewhere in the fields in Velen. Can't remember right now and don't have the game installed to check.

I'm curious as to why you didn't immediately turn those off?

Obviously if you value immersion and mystery you would remove any intrusive or spoilery elements from the options after a small time of playing.

Just because CDPR has to pander to casuals doesn't mean the default options are actually intended for normal RPG players.

Also many of the cool things that happen aren't listed on those points anyway, you can still just bump into cool quests or NPC plotlines randomly. People weirdly assume those question marks are everything then complain there's nothing left, ironically there actually is and they just explored entirely by numbers and then it's supposedly the game's fault for actually hiding stuff.

The Open World is there to illustrate that there is actually a world that you and characters inhabit, and not only small gated zones. It lends itself well to fantasy with epic plots or nations at war (though obviously TW3 doesn't do it perfectly).

Reminder to play without the minimap. Shit is 10x more enjoyable that way.

I turned it off before even starting. I don't know what these question marks are that people are talking about.

Would playing without witcher senses be feasible if it was done on a 32' monitor?

I know the tracks and shit are there but sometimes that shit was hard to notice on my 24'

Zero.

Why do you have a thirty-two foot monitor?

I don't, that's why I'm asking

How much worse are the graphics on the console version compared to PC? Just curious.

I know that the PC version is going to be better, especially with mods, but is the console version bearable?

if you couldn't see the tracks with a 24-foot monitor, I don't think a 32-foot monitor will help

Once. I have like 120 hours in it, just started on the blood and wine expansion. The game's great, but man is it ever exhausting.

PS4 version is fine.

Zero. I always lose interest after I get past the first griffin fight. The open world just feels like it's full of Ubisoft style checklist shit.

They finally patched the console versions to hold 30 fps most of the time.

They still look pretty damn good. I think it's probably one of the best looking games I've played on PS4, but take that with a grain of salt as I really haven't played many games from the current gen. Foliage doesn't look as nice as it does on PC, but the faces during conversations always floor me.

Also, keep in mind that this screenshot does not do it justice in the slightest, the game looks much better in motion.

This. Uninstalled as soon as I figured out it was a talking simulator. I have friends irl so I don't think I'm the target audience

I got to the part where triss left with some other dude and never touched it again. Too much dialog.

>Tfw no Witcher bf

Zero. I could only mash square and triangle so many times.

I just bought the game (GOTY editoin) a few weeks day
I've only beaten it once

Witcher 3 is fucking massive, even without the expansion packs, and will take a very large amount of your time once you start it.

Quit after I met the tranny. Fucking sjw simulator

I know, right?
Witcher 3 is overwhelmingly big.
and there are EVEN MORE people working on it than ever worked on Witcher 3.

I'm a firm believer it 'bigger isn't always better'
(Look no further than No Mans Sky)
But the Red CD seem to have their wits about them when it comes to stuffing their massive games with enough content

You can't walk from one quest point to another without tripping over someone offering you ANOTHER fucking quest.

Once, it took me 324h IIRC. I loved it and I'd play more if I hadn't already seen all the content, but I didn't feel like starting over after all that time put in the game.

holy shit pull your head out of your ass and look further than that one NPC you talk to for 5 minuets you retard.

>Witcher 3 did open world right

What fucking game did you play? There were virtually no memorable locations not related to quests and the loot was shit tier leveled trash.

If I see another "MONSTERS NEST #1020401" then moms gonna freak!

My game glitched on the werewolf mission and I couldn't progress any further. Filed a complaint and they said just start over. Haven't been back since.

It should look bearable enough as long as you don't actively compare it to PC and play on a TV from far away so you can't see the blurry textures and potential poor filtering.

300 hours is too long for a single playthrough of a video game.

I haven't beat it yet. I'm trying to make it last as long as possible.