PS4 Pro isn't worth it for me since I don't have a 4K TV

>PS4 Pro isn't worth it for me since I don't have a 4K TV

When will this meme end? The resolution is the least of the enhancements on the games running on the PS4 Pro, they look better (FFXV was said to look like a completely different game, no mention of resolution) and more important, run better.

So any of you faggots who feel betrayed by Sony since you bought a PS4 fat or are getting the Slim because you're poor, stop lying on the internet, stop being deluded, games look and run better on the PS4 regardless of resolution, so you can kill yourself now.

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-hands-on-with-cod-infinite-warfare-on-ps4-pro
youtube.com/watch?v=a_TTUzJaVJY
youtube.com/watch?v=vyufDxxWIsM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

also fuck you

>run better
no
same shit, only 2-3 fps bump

See all the aliasing in 1080p games? Yep you can anti alias that with the PS4Pro.
The 4k uprendering can get downscaled so its like 4k supersampling.

the only difference is aliasing, FFXV is exactly the same

Games like Tomb Raider and FFXV are already confirmed to have more details and better graphic settings, it's not just resolution or anti aliasing.

It all depends on what ever the fuck the developers do.

For fuck sakes how fucking dumb are the children here on Cred Forums?

>Console has better gpu and fast ram
>"huurr it'll look the same"
You are fucking retarded and i hate you all :)

It's literally the same shit from what we've seen. 99% of devs will merely increase the resolution.

Who gives a fuck if it has slightly better graphics? A slight uptick isn't worth shelling out $400. Some of us don't live with our mommies and daddies and get whatever we ask for.

If Sony expects me to spend another couple hundred dollars to stay relevant in this console generation, I'm going to spend that money on a GPU and build a PC instead.

>dont put in 4k bluray player
>lie and say they see a trend towards streaming
>but we will sell you our own separate 4k player

good goy. are there any worse jews than sony?

If you already have a PS4, it's much less, because you can trade-in/sell the original

Only worth it if there's a really good trade in deal, not to mention I'll have to spend a day redownloading everything

And get $50 for it? No thanks.

Digital Foundry did a video on it and predicted that most games on PS4 Pro will be using the extra power to try to render in 4k and very few devs will actually bother with trying to improve the graphics of the game for 1080p users. If you don't own a 4k TV and already have a PS4 it's a waste of money to buy a PS4 Pro. If you don't have a PS4 by all means go ahead.

>concerned about FFXV not looking as good on a regular PS4
>not being more concerned if it'll run like ass and crashing on a regular PS4
>not being more concerned if a graphics intensive game like FFXV ll make your regular PS4 disc drive scream bloody murder like it realized it was roofied after being given a blueberry muffin

>PS4 Pro isn't worth it
This is how you can spot poorfags.

>good goy. are there any worse jews than sony?
Neoshitendo is far worse, desu famalam!

I'm upgrading just cause I want a bigger harddrive. 100% digital on a stock 500gb drive is suffering.

They're going for 250-350 on Ausfailian eBay at the moment. git gud at selling your shit

>predicted

But it's not confirmed, everyone saying the console isn't worth it if you don't have a 4K TV are lying, since there are already games with improved graphic details and performance. They're just being poor and lying.

You are right it will be able to at least replicate the same graphics fidelity at 2 times the resolution and the 4k uprendering. but devs can also choose to do 60fps, or higher graphics fidelity. Its not necessarily the same shit.

Honestly 1TB is suffering if you've ever bought cheap games on sale. I'd upgrade to 2TB if I could be bothered re-downloading everything or working out how to do a transfer

I'm too pussy to put in an aftermarket drive.

It's actually like a 30 second job. It's remarkable how 'wow it's fucking nothing' it actually is. You pop a plastic housing off, unscrew one screw, pull out the drive container, swap it, close it up, boot PS4, it formats the drive, done. If you have PS+ all your savegames are on the cloud anyway.

I don't feel the need to buy a console I already own just for a slight up grade. Same with the new Xbox next year both are piontless

>shilling for free

If Sony offered a decent trade in program this wouldn't really be an issue.

They have to lower graphics to get better resolution in some cases.

>but devs can also choose to do 60fps
No they can't.

I'm getting the PS4 Pro regardless since I don't own a PS4 but I have two questions

1. For older games like AC: Black Flag will the performance be better with the faster clock speed CPU? I know It's the same CPU but I've heard rumors the clock speed is faster so will it have a slightly better framerate without the devs making patches?

2. With the improved Wi-Fi will internet connections be more stable or just faster for those with really high end internet connections?

the one fucking game they actually showed that looked better on the pro was paragon and that just had slightly more grass

If you watched the announcement presentation, they showed For Honor and Shadow of Mordor running supersampling for better 1080p output and implied other developers were going to patch their games to do this

Can the PS4 Pro lick my butthole? Will the Scorpoi be able to do that?

top kek fag

>No they can't.
Yes they can. They could even do 60fps on PS4 but that would mean lowering the graphics which they don't want to.

For FPS you literally just need operational speed/calculation speed to increase (in almost all cases, there are some obscure rendering tech that needs some ram space to bump up the fps).

Take a look at RoTR they even said that it was possible to do the game at higher FPS with PS4pro so yes they would be able to achieve 60fps.
Its all a matter of choice.

I need to know if Last Guardian and Persona are gonna have any improvements because that and FFXV are the main reason I'm even getting one.

The wifi will have the option of connecting to a 5ghz connection versus the standard 2.5 which is faster and more stable but the range is a bit shorter. Shouldn't be an issue for most though. Also of course your router must be capable of using that signal.

They predicted it. Then when they analysed it, and talked to devs. Turned out that devs are either only going to checkerboard two 1080P framebuffers and reconstruct for 4K like Horizon Zero Dawn and COD. Or hit around 1440P using the upscaler while on the same graphical settings as the regular PS4 including only 4x Texture fitering.

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-hands-on-with-cod-infinite-warfare-on-ps4-pro

>As with Horizon: Zero Dawn and other titles seen at the PlayStation Meeting, this renders out a 2x 1080p pixel count in a 2x2 checkerboard format

You won't even be able to downsample on some games because it's just checkerboarding and reconstructing a native 1080P image by 2. Remember the last game that used that? Quantum Break on the Xbone which ran 720Px4 using temporal reconstruction and checkerboard rendering.

Expect a lot of buzzwords and bullshit from Sony regarding resolution over the next while.

> who feel betrayed by Sony since you bought a PS4

How can you not? "Thank you valued customer, now buy it again if you want the optimal ps4 experience."

>Persona

Considering the ps4 and ps3 versions are basically the same I highly doubt it.

Cheers man

Any idea about the CPU? I'm guessing older games unpatched would still have slightly better performance but it would be good to know for sure that they can make use of it without patches from a FPS perspective

But that's wrong you stupid retarded faggot. It is already confirmed that rottr will have a 1080p60fps mode on ps4 pro. And you can bet your ass it won't be the only one.

Just admit it sonyfags, you got Fucking chinked, lmao.

>Remember the last game that used that?
The most recent game using checkerboard rendering is Rainbow Six: Siege which nobody even realised was using it until the devs admitted it.

By that logic, they should never release any new consoles ever, because it would invalidate the purchase of the previous one and disrespect the customer by making newer, better hardware available

>1080p60fps

reports say the frame rate hovers around 45 in that mode.

the logic is you as a developer make enough advancements in tech to justify people's need for a new console.

This is more comparable to saying "oh you want to upgrade your PC, sorry you gotta buy an entire new one instad of a few parts."

That's just your own opinion in thinking the advancements in technology aren't worth an upgrade in this case, which while valid for yourself obviously isn't true for everyone.

Tomb raider devs said they are targeting 60 FPS in 1080p with the pro

It might dip into the 45 fps, wouldn't surprise me. But this still proves that games can and will run better on ps4 pro.

And what's stopping developers from focusing on the ps4 pro version of the game and then releasing a game that lags and plays at like 22 fps on the normal version?

Look at Hyrule warriors on the 3ds. It's available for the regular 3ds but virtually unplayable if not played on a new 3ds.

You can thank Nintendo for this shit. They proved that consumers will tolerate this Bullshit and now we are going to get new consoles every 2 or 3 years.

This is such a big fuck you to people who bought the console already. And it amazes me that people defend it.

60fps can be achieved easily if the visuals are toned down. Developers chose to go with better visuals.

>This is such a big fuck you to people who bought the console already.

People like you who stand in the way of progress are the problem, why should we have to play shittier games because of poorfags like you who whine about using ancient hardware to play the cutting edge?

Everyone knew that last year because it was an option on the PC version and both PS4 and Xbone versions did run native 1080P/900P respectively anyway (Checkerboarding was a fallback to preserve FPS which is why it fooled DF). Quantum Break was a more recent example of a game using Temporal Reconstruction and Checkerboard rendering and DF even believed it was 1080P at a dynamic rez at first till Remedy said it was 720Px4

Only at PS4 Vanilla settings and Crystal Dynamics said it won't be a locked 60FPS and there will be drops to the 40's.

wow, tomb raider!
I really want to play the new Tomb Raider game on my PS4 Pro!

I'll get it if there's a generous trade in. That's all there is to it.

What a good goyim you are.
You are actually excited to buy the same console twice. LOL

Technology is always improving, that's a fact of life. I don't think it's right we should be stuck playing the same level of games for 5 years because your mommy won't give you money.

It doesn't matter. Hardware was never the problem, developers are. They want to target their shitty graphic effects that don't look half as good as a game from 2007 and that's taxing. This will be a repeat of PS4 launch where ports and very early games run at 60fps for 2 weeks then it's all back to sub 30 framerates. Then, if you're lucky, this won't be a N3DS scenario where games run notoriously worse on the older model.

I'm buying a purely for 1080p supersampling and better performance, gonna enjoy Rise of the Tomb Raider at 60FPS too, honestly for $399 nothing can touch this machina.

Stop piracy. Then, more devs will consider pc as the platform of choice.

I don't have a 4ktv and am not in the market. I sold my White PS4 yesterday morning for 400 canada bones and I will be buying the pro on launch day.

Only dullard niggers don't want a pro model.

Got a new PS4 with 6 games and an extra controller for $400, same price as the pro. If you buy a PS4k** youre retarded

The old PS4s do HDR and you can just stream 4k video from the TV apps so even if you have a 4k TV it is still dumb to get the Pro

Japan still makes games for PS4, and much less on PC. Until then, console is here to stay.

AAHAHAHA

HE BOUGHT THE INFERIOR MODEL AND HAVE NO SALE SKILLZ AHAHAHA DUMB FAGGOT AHAHAHAHAHA

I'LL BE LAFFING WITH MY PRO MODEL AT YOUR POOR LOSERS SAYING IT DOESNT MATTER LIKE AHAHAHA YOU SKRUB YOU PIECE OF TRASH SKRUBB GTFO LMAOOOAOO

PS4 PROS 4 LYFE

youtube.com/watch?v=a_TTUzJaVJY

youtube.com/watch?v=vyufDxxWIsM

>FFXV was said to look like a completely different game
This is such a load of shit.

That's why I haven't bough a shitty console since Mario Kart 8.

If Yakuza 6 and Nioh are guaranteed 1080p 60FPS on Pro, I'll get one

i'VE HAD A ps4 TWO YEARS AND GOT ALMOST AS MUCH AS i PAID FOR IT

PS4 PRO 4 LIFE

I don't really give a shit as long as it doesn't have exclusives, I don't know why you're sprging out like this

Sony named 3 features for the pro
4K, HDR, and performance.
Since all PS4s have HDR to a degree the pro only has 4K and it's performance boost that is for the most part intended to accommodate 4K (checker board) gaming so without a 4K tv you're basically paying an additional $100 to receive a stable 1080p 60fps for a game that sony promised would be a stable 1080p 60fps game to begin with.

Apple senpai

oops you forgot doubled hard drive and vastly better 1080p performance, settings seen in many first party titles

>HDR to a degree
They all have HDR10.
There are rumors going around that PS4 will get 4k UHD aswell at a later date.

The devs confirmed it's not 60fps you retard. And it's on low settings.

>t-they could
And they won't. Why is that? Because they can't. Enjoy your 40fps though.

>40fps
The earliest builds easily reached abover 50fps with the lowest drop ever being 45fps.

At least get your numbers right, since you find them so goddamn important.

Sony has never promised or delivered on stable 1080p 60fps, HDR isn't a feature of the system it's a feature of new TVs that cost thousands, and PS4Pro isn't increasing performance.