Gore thread

gore thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bestgore.com/beheading/struggle-man-peel-face-hand-cut-off-brutal-beheading-flimsy-blade/
youtube.com/watch?v=8jsksRqyaEI
youtube.com/watch?v=al7m8mP37gI
youtube.com/watch?v=Au7KE9xUVTk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ocyYwLCDyCU
youtube.com/watch?v=UL1_ht1EdAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the gore? A Halo with autoaim and no splitscreen co-op campaign or splitscreen multiplayer?

i love pomegranates!

>Those textures

Jesus I think Halo 3 looked better.

>HUD assisted with aiming for Spartans and Marines
>"Hey, let's add optic sight attachments but remove the magnum's 2x scope"

Its forge so its going to look shitty

most the vid

bestgore.com/beheading/struggle-man-peel-face-hand-cut-off-brutal-beheading-flimsy-blade/

Halo 5 looks okay

>aiming down sights

FUCK YOU 343

Cred Forums always has loved Halo

Half the guns have ADS, half the guns have normal halo zoom

Usually the snipers and semi-auto and a few specials like the H2 BR and CE pistol have classic scopes

What are those goddamn sights? Also
>bolt-action assault rifle

>bolt action assault rifle

Nigga you can't be serious

Haven't played Halo since Reach but why the fuck? Doesn't this break the balance in combat Halo used to have?

can someone post the tumblr image of the chick freaking out over being triggered seeing food be prepared? i think it was either pomegranate, or some kind of meat or something? she said it was gore and it was triggering her and she was having a melt down. it's great.

It's not actually ADS

it's mechanically identical to zoom (there's descope, and it doesn't affect your movement speed), it only looks like ADS, and is on all guns instead of some of them.

Which is a postive change since it gives automatics a way to actually hit shit, and gives stuff like the needler alternate fire modes. It really helps weapon balance.

It's still fundamentally used like zoom though and doesn't change how the game is played at all. If you try to use it like ADS you'll ger your shit pushed in

That person is just shit with forge, forge maps actually look really good in 5, webm related

That map unironically looks better than the shitty remake for H2A.

no

>all that effort put into the gun and hand
>flat, shitty textures on the environment
Every AAA for the past 10 years, right there.

see
5 has the best weapon balance in the franchise by a huge margin.

That game has been re-balanced because 343 want to make it their own game, bullets travel farther, getting shot removes you from ads view
I'm just downloading maps not making them.

there's still an animation of bringing your scope up instead of the instant zoom in from previous games, its a shit addition

>it's not actually ADS
>it only looks like ADS
What the fuck do you think is the different you complete fucking moron? If you're aiming down the goddamn sight you're aiming down the sight. That's all it fucking means!

Are you retarded

>That map unironically looks better than the shitty remake for H2A.

No, it doesn't, are you fucking blind?

youtube.com/watch?v=8jsksRqyaEI

That's true, and that should be fixed, but the postives still outweigh that as the single negative

Only on some guns

Lots have instant classic zoom

>That's all it fucking means!

No it doesn't. There are actual gameplay differences between ADS in something like CoD or battlefield and zoom in halo.

With ADS, your movement speed is lowered as long as you are looking down your sights, and you aren't forced out of it if you get shot. With zoom, your movement speed is unaltered, and if you get shot, you get knocked out of zoom.

Smart scope in halo 5 is identical to zoom as far as gameplay is concerned.

Why the fuck do you care how it looks over how it effects gameplay?

I was about to say you sick twisted bastard but then I noticed it was black ops 1, which was an alright game.

If it's only visual then why do you even care

>there are differences between CoD/Battlefield and Halo
FTFY. CoD does not "own" the concept of ADS. It was invented before it and exists in many games aside from it. Stop being a retard.

Halo 5's zoom isn't really like ADS in other games. It's only on some guns to begin with, and even then all it does is reduce FOV, slightly reduce bullet spread, and has a little animation

If you want to complain about halo 5 complain about the lack of classic modes like oddball, race, juggernaut, koth, etc, or the lack of split-screen

the fact that it functions differently in different games does not mean the term doesn't apply

scopes function very differently in lots of games, it doesn't make it "not a scope" just because it doesn't work the same as Battlefield

He was using those games as an example

Sure, but in the context of Halo, people only care about it in the sense that CoD has it.

The only reason people whin about this stuff is because people are still butthurt at CoD and see it as a rival franchise so any feature that CoD has to automatically be bad and shouldn't be in Halo.

Imagine what his final thoughts were

Okay, then see

This game needs better options on pc

>post-apocalyptic sky for no reason
>all that sepia
>cloud shadows don't move

I mean; that's supposed to be good, right?

The poor kid.

I don't care about the mechanic, I care about people using terms correctly and not saying retarded shit.

"I can't call it what it actually is, because that makes people think of a game I don't like" is the gayest reason possible.

probably "OH MY GOD AAAAAAAAAA"

That music tho

That doesn't help at all seeIs there functional ADS or not?

Now that's what I call a faceoff.

Carlos, I've had it up to here with your shit.

That skybox looks like somebody just vomited brushes everywhere in Photoshop.

Also it barely even moves.

ebin

The lighting is fucking dark as shit, the sand looks like cat vomit and everything is dull and brown.

A pun has to work on two levels, Carlos. The man would have to be involved in some kind of showdown, a figurative "faceoff", as well as the literal meaning you are making light of.

If this were an accident that had occurred while fighting for the puck in a hockey game, for example, the pun would work on two levels and actually be good. Please put more thought into your posts in the future.

oh carlos

depends on the weapon

wow our new country's gonna be great :)

see
It'a zoom, not ADS. It does affect bullet spread on automatics, but past halo games have had zoom effect spread as well. On precision guns like the BR and magnum, smart scope is purely visual and there's no spread, bullets always fly exactly where your reticule is aimed 1:1

You aren't even punished for not using it, since the spread difference on autos inside and outside of smart scope is minscule. You can burst with the AR without zooming in and still hit people out at BR ranges if you burst.

I was genuinely upset it came out so dreary and 'lel fx' from the concept art.

>they cut off his fucking hands too

That sure is a nice, singular, meticulously-posed screenshot of an example you've got there.

>not liking H2A skyboxes

that's the worst opinion i've heard in like 2 months

>zoom effect spread
Which is a moot point because you couldn't previously zoom and fire with automatic guns like AR's anyways, only certain rifles. Much easier to just say that 5 added effective ads to ar's.

Bursting is always inferior to ads fire anyways when you account for being able to burst while ADS, it is a flat accuracy decrease no matter how you look at it and it does effectively punish you for not using it.

I think the smart thing to do would be to patch out even the slightest advantage to smart scope so all weapons have the same amount of accuracy with or without it

context???

What did he do to deserve that? Is there any story?

This one was pretty obvious

And they say Americas fucked up

To go into more details on autos and how spread works mechanically on them:

>Crouching reduces recoil, IE how much your reticule actually moves upwards

>Zooming reduces the rate at which bullet spread builds up

>On the storm rifle and suppersor, zooming doesn't reduce spread to any noritcable degree

>on the SMG, it reduces spread notivabily, but the default cone of fire is so wide anyways it doesn't really extend the usable range of the weapon, it just will make you miss a bit less inside it's usable range

>On the AR, it greatly reduces bullet spread, and can extend your range, but the AR's usable range is already so far while bursting it's not that impactful. Also, since the FOV penatly is so large with the AR with zoom, unlike the SMG, it's only usful to do while standing still to take pot shots and emies from far away who haven't noticed you; using it on an enemy who you are engaged with and is firing back at close-medium range will get you killed, similar to if you zoomed in with the DMR at close range

>On the SAW, it reduces spread by a moderate amount. Like the SMG, though, it won't extend your range with it

>On the needler, zoom does not increase spread, but it does make needles track enemies better

>On the rocket launcher/hydra, zoom enables lock on

> On the plasma caster, zoom switches fire modes to the sticky shot

On every other gun smart scope is purely visual, I think

>Much easier to just say that 5 added effective ads to ar's.

This is misleading though because it still behaves closer to halo zoom then it does ADS in any other major modern FPS

>and it does effectively punish you for not using it.
Not really, because zooming carries a risk in that it lowers your FOV and aim assist, and if you get hit while in smart scope, same as zoom in past halo games, you get knocked out of it which is disoirnetating and will cost you the DPS exchhange. You know, like the case has always been with zoom in halo.

Why the fuck doesn't bestgore have movable timeline sliders. what is this 2003

Your opinion that they look good is equally questionable. You're supposed to be on Delta Halo (objectively the most beautiful and Earth-like installation) yet it looks like you're standing on a gas giant and the atmosphere is in constant explosive turmoil. It looks awful and exaggerated.

I could never get into halo.. It takes way to long to kill someone going from unreal to halo is almost impossible

>like the case has always been with zoom
So it's something everyone does with anyone zoomable weapon outside of 20 feet, only now with accuracy bonuses?

As somebody who started playing FPS's with halo and then branched out to other arena FPS's like UT and Quake, I never had much of an issue going back and forth and don't really prefer the killtimes of one over the other

There are pros and cons. I feel like Halo's higher TTK allows for more tactical thinking after an engagement has started in terms of finding and using cover or juking the guy who is shooting at you out, wheras in UT or quake or especially in loadout FPS's like CoD or BF, it's more or less whoeever shoots first wins.

On the other hand, the higher TTK in halo also means that kill stealing is more or an issue and that sometimes a lower skilled player gets to turn the tides even if they got jumped on by a higher skill player.

In any case, Halo 5 has a lower TTK then most other halo games with most guns, so if you have w10, i'd say it's worth installing the free map editor/private lobby port H5 has for it. and playing around with it that way

this, i never understood halo, just a much slower arena shooter with autoaim

The only thing to "understand" is that people play games for many reasons other than the number-crunched determination of what the fastest most competitive skill-based one is. I don't even like Halo but it's not hard to get. It could be something as simple as liking the feel of the weapons or the layout of particular maps.

>Obvious mexican accent

As a beaner, I now hope Trump wins and sends the US Army down that shithole, I'll gladly join too.

I took it months ago what do you want from me

This is beta footage

H1 pistol doesn't have ADS, it uses classic zoom

It did. And it's even better on PC.

Its programmed the same way

Maybe it's because I didn't go to sleep last night and i'm sort of out of it, but that question went over my head.

If you are asking how smart scope affects how people play the game and choose to engage other players or camp or not, I don't feel like that's any different from how it is in past halo games.

People zoom in halo 5 in the same sort of situations people zoomed in past halos.

The only difference is in regards to the AR specifically, in that stopping moving and shooting at far away targets is more common then it used to be with the AR, but that has less to do with zoom and more to do with the fact that the AR in general is just very accurate it in 5, even without zoom.

It's not unbalanced, because the BR and DMR and carbine and such are still way better then the AR at those sorts of medium to long ranges, but you aren';t useless at those ranges either now with it and you can pick off already weakened players at those distances with the AR if you are accurate and know how to burst well.

That's not to say the AR is a camping/long range gun now, it's still primarily a close range weapon, but o0f all the close range gun's it's the most versatile and has the longest effective range by a large margin.

This is beta footage from over a year ago you nigger

I know that's beta footage, so what?

i never said its shit or anything, i think its just massively overrated because of being the first popular console multiplayer fps

I don't think it's overrated, because Halo does do a lot of things other arena FPS's don't in that the halo games also have very well done single player campaigns rathetr then focusing almost exlsuively on MP, and the Halo games also have some of the best music in the medium and pretty good lore

The way the weapons function has drastically changed since then so using it as an example is terrible

Halo 4 and CE have the lowest TTK in the series

CE is mostly because of the pistol but other weps are fast too. 4 is just all around much quicker on everything. More cod-like.

>halo5
>PC
When did halo come to PC ?

The AR's damage model changed, but the accuracy/spread did not

On that note, though, I wish they didn't change the AR's damage model. How it was in the beta rewarded accuracy and bursting more, how it is in the final game makes spraying and praying more effective

Few weeks ago

But the Magnum has a 2x zoom still?

That's incorrect. Zooming/ADS or whatever you want to call it in the beta had a MUCH larger effect on bullet spread. They toned it down and made zoom/unzoom much closer in the real game because of fan complaints

I thought that change was only for the precision guns, not the autos.

It was for everything

In the beta zooming with automatics was extremely OP, It's toned down now and much less noticeable

I believe semi autos were changed to always be the "higher" accuracy, both when zoomed and unzoomed

I don't get it. You replaced a shit game with a good game.

Halo always had autoaim.
It's pretty much a necessity for analog stick controls.
Lack of splitscreen and co-op was the death of everything that made halo special for me.

Autos are a bit overpowered.

No, they are just finally balanced.

"actually fucking useful" =/= overpowered

Spaying and praying with the AR is better then it should be relative to bursting but that's about it, and even then the AR itself isn't really OP, it should just take more skill to do as well with it as you can now more easily

Nah, they're borderline broken in 5 because they can reach out so far for the amount of damage they deal and how easy they are to use. It's objectively easier to use an AR than a Magnum, while the AR still has the faster killtime and can hit stupid ranges(the tap glitch doesn't help). Every other auto is basically a straight upgrade to the existing AR.

4 and H2A balanced the AR perfectly. Both weapons were strong, but didn't have such crazy range that you would use them over a BR at medium range.

Except the AR was more of an SMG in 4 and H2A, and they were almost purely spray and pray weapons.

The AR SHOULD be versatile, and SHOULD be somewhat accurate and reward bursting. That's why it's an AR and what should separate it from the SMG.

Maybe it should be a little bit more difficult to use if they want to give it so much power and accuracy.
Or reduce its starting ammo so you can't just run around with it out as a primary all game.

The autos are hardly OP when the pistol can kill quicker and longer range than them 99% of the time

They're for close-medium range, and even at medium they start to perform badly

And at long range, you just swap out your pistol for a rifle, which are also easier to use than your starting weapons.

Are you seriously telling me you get killed by assault rifles in halo 5 frequently?

It is literally outclassed in every way by a pistol or any other gun you can pick up

I never use it because it's garbage, and the rare times I do get killed by an AR user is some new player spraying randomly into a clusterfuck of nades or finishing me off if my shields were already down

The sight looks dumb, but before it was available, how was anyone supposed to aim the weapon? I mean in-universe, not in-game. It just seems like a really poorly designed gun.

If it were up to me, i'd reduce it's base damage, but bring back the headshot bonus system it had in the beta, where it did more damage on headshots even if the guy getting hit has shields; and make said bonus scale with inversely to your spread (IE, with spread at zero, ia headshot will do like 2.5x or 3x damage, but with spread at max it won't do any extra damage)

This way, if you are a shitter who is just spraying and praying, your base shot damage is lower then it is now, and even if you get a headshot accidentally, you get no bonus since your spread level will be max'd out

But if you are actually bursting and are trying to get headshots, you'll get rewarded with higher damage since getting consistent headshots with an automatic is pretty difficult.

if you're getting killed at range with an AR while you have a magnum out that sounds like more of a problem that are you arent able to aim straight senpai

why did i get a partial chub from this

Spartans who mainly used them have the hud system in their helmets to aim.

What, like a BR/DMR?

of course those are going to be better than the starting weapons. They're on the map waiting to be picked up for a reason. So you can grab them and use them.

The sight is only in warzone mode and it's optional. There's different attachments on different versions of guns.

In normal gameplay the AR looks the same as always.

>It is literally outclassed in every way by a pistol
It kills faster, is easier to use, and you spawn with like 4x as much ammo for some reason. I have friends who have made it to Onyx rank using nothing but their AR and melee. It makes the game trivially easy.

UNSC soldiers have a neural interface that automatically gives them a built in HUD thingy to use, and they sometimes used helmets that did the same thing I guess.

I don't get why any of their weapons have iron sights at all, especially shit like the fucking shotgun that canonically has a range of like ten feet.

and marines got that little scouter thingy

We must not be playing the same game. AR is soo much slower than a pistol and everyone I see using it is a shitter. The only reason you should EVER use the AR is if you have no time to reload the pistol and need to finish off an enemy

According to the halo wiki. The assault rifle has an electronic s system that link to a soldier/Spartans Interface. If you look at your human allies you can see at least some of them have something covering one of their eyes.

The DMR is a straight upgrade to the pistol. It fires at the same rate, but has more ammo and higher aim assist. The pistol in 5 has almost no point when everything else overlaps it so much. Making the pistol useless is the most CoD idea Bungie has ever had.

About gore, a bit off topic, but what happened to Gurochan? Is it even still alive? Compared to 3-4 years back it's never mentioned anymore or anywhere.

>The sight looks dumb, but before it was available, how was anyone supposed to aim the weapon? I mean in-universe, not in-game.

the UI in the halo games is canon: SPARTANS, ODST's, and even most rank and file UNSC soliders have a HUD either in their helmets, goggles, or an eyepiece that their ammo, sight, and FoF tags are shown on.

In the event your HuD gets broken or you don't have one, you remove the electronics suite off the top of the weapon, and there's an iron sight under there

pic related

>AR is soo much slower than a pistol
"No."

The shotgun doesn't have iron-sights though. It has this. You get holographic displays on your HUD to aim with and it increases the effective range at the cost of FOV and spread width. So you need to aim more accurately or you'll miss.

You should use Halopedia, not the Halo wikia site

Both the AR and magnum are viable guns but they are generally outclassed by pickups on maps

Which is how it should be. In past halo games, your starting gun was either so good you never needed to switch itr (magnum in CE, BR in 2), or so shit it was useless (SMG in 2, AR in 3, magnum in 3)

It's more obvious when comparing Halo 2's Magnum to the other Magnums. It doesn't have the little hump on the front blocking its front sight.

From what I recall every other Halo game besides 5 and maybe 4 had iron sights. 1 and 3+ODST had blue, 2 had green, Reach had red.

Lets take a moment to thank based Creative Assembly for taking the time out of their busy schedule of raking in that RTS money for SEGA to save Halo for us

What rank are you in arena? Be honest. Because the AR is never fucking used by anyone in diamond 5. The pistol kills faster and has more range.

I don't play matchmaking much anymore because I care more about Forge, but I typically place high diamond to low onyx.

Well I don't know what to tell you. In my 400-ish hours with the game, I have always found the pistol to be superior to the AR in every way, switch to it immediately, and destroy AR users with it. The AR is slow as fuck in comparison to a 5 shot pistol.

You're completely wrong. The first two games invented a style of gameplay that is extremely unique and fun. Don't knock what you don't understand. Halo style gameplay is slow, strategic, and very much map based. The ability to throw grenades without switching weapons (which is strange in the first place), recharging shields, two weapon max, and player speed make the gameplay much different from your Doom, Quake, Counter Strike, and Call of Duty. Even Arma, Team Fortress, and Battlefield are nothing like it. Nor even Tribes.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the genius vehicles which are able to be destroyed, control brilliantly, and fit perfectly into the game world unlike say Battlefield or UT4 which just feel utterly abysmal to control. Or even Arma, which is definitely pretty damn good. Halo makes the vehicular side into something as natural as the gunplay.

Why do people say it's overrated again? Oh, I guess it's probably because they think it's cool to do so when in the reality it's the complete opposite. I'd say Halo gameplay is more intellectual than almost all the games I mentioned above, except for maybe Arma and Counter Strike.

It's really sad to see the Halo series ripped apart and picked to death by the companies who made them. Halo 2, 1, and 3 all should be full to the brim with players to this day. Instead Halo 4 and 5 destroyed the old charm and for whatever reason now we don't really seem to have the chance to enjoy that playstyle anymore.

IIRC, the AR actually has a lower TTK then the magnum, but it requires that pretty much every shot hit and all the shots once the shields are down to be headshots

an ADS is an ADS

you can't say it's only half

I still use the Magnum because I'm stubborn, but the numbers don't lie. The AR has a significantly faster TTK than the Magnum.

youtube.com/watch?v=al7m8mP37gI

>AC2
>Shit

Go fuck yourself.

On a non moving target, yes. In actual gameplay the pistol is much better, you only need to LAND 5 bullets, whereas with the AR you need to keep on them much closer with the higher rate of fire

In actual gameplay, it's much harder because the magnum has much less of an autoaim angle, and is more punished for missing a shot. The AR fires quickly enough that you're not punished unless you stay off target for a significant amount of time. Something the creator of that video neglected to do is show how quickly you can fire the AR with just tapping, while remaining consistently accurate.

I don't know why but there's something so satisfying about firing a halo gun while adsing, like the AR, I love how it's a projector on the top of the screen instead of an actual sight.

Nope, watch some of the championship stuff, skill ceiling is pretty high for a halo game with a number 5 on the box, too bad everyone hates it despite being the best halo since 2, mp/mechanically wise.
And yes e sport halo is somehow still a thing.

Because you're not actually aiming down the sights with most of them, and a large portion also uses the classic instant scope with no animations

The only ones off the top of my head with actual ADS are the battle rifle, Pistol, SMG, carbine, plasma caster, light rifle, bolt shot, and maybe the DMR as it has a very fast animation of "entering" the scope but that becomes arguable

Competitive Halo has been a thing since the beginning. Halo 1 practically birthed MLG.

Character artists are abundant, environment artists, less so.

>Halo 5
>Instant Scope

When the fuck is the custom game browser coming!?

youtube.com/watch?v=Au7KE9xUVTk

>"...somebody's gotta scrub the toilets"

see the second part of and the webm in it

It's a user made map and that guy is just shit with the map editor

Sniper, beam rifle (h2 beam rifle as well), binary rifle, H2 BR, CE Magnum, tactical magnum. Maybe 1 or 2 others I'm forgetting.

wait this is halo FIVE?
I thought that was halo reach

>not available in my country
>2016
Did someone from Antarctica uploaded this?

It's a forge map. The actual maps don't look spectacular, but much better than that.

Pic related is probably one of my favorites, it's beautiful to cruise around in a warthog.

Idk it was uploaded in 2006, I always link it when people say Halo post-2 requires skill in any way.

Does this one work?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ocyYwLCDyCU

Post-2 also includes Halo 2

I hate this map so much, 8 times out of 10, every fucking time.

Is Eldewrito still updating?

It's not terrible, I like it because it's basically silent cartographer. Big open island where you can go wherever you want on.

The best warzone Map gameplay wise would probably be Attack on Sanctum or Skirmish at Darkstar Station, imo.

halo 5 was an abomination

Halo 4 was an abomination**

Both 4&5's campaigns were absolute shit, but at least h5 is moving back to even starts and arena gameplay in multiplayer rather than 4's COD perks and loadouts and kill-cams and armor ability shit.

All ass creed games are garbage.

>the leather textures and the stitching details on those fucking gloves

Does 5 have the Railgun? Because the Railgun is among the most satisfying weapons in vidya.

>braining people from halfway across Valhalla

Yeah, and it got buffed.

>and it got buffed
Don't tell me this. I need to make people mad on Xbox Live again.

For me its about pace. Somebody once described Halo as a 30 second loop of fun.

Halo 5 feels like its 22 second loop

Unreal is like 13

Quake 3 is 10

Doom is 5.

It's hitscan now, charges faster, and can zoom in.

never noticed that, that is pretty neat.

>It's hitscan now
Kind of a bummer. I liked the projectiles and factoring in distance for good long-distance shots.
>charges faster
Naisu
>can zoom in
NAISU

It was projectile at launch, but it would often drop shots. Same happened in 4.

I appreciate the little details but it's very hard to notice things like that when playing. Pretty cool how focused your brain can become sometimes, when you think about it.

It's too bad the rest of the armor isn't as nice looking as the gloves in most cases

devs are working on something else, it's still halo online related i think but we don't know much beyond that.

>Halo 3 on PC

Is this real life?

Yeah, but half of the servers have sprint and other weird shit and you need mods to make the armor and HUD look good

Halo Gore? I've got plenty.

I might not dislike the gameplay of halo 5, but their fucking terrible art design and aesthetics trigger me to no end

Why the fuck does microsoft insisted that this game be run in boarderless window mode and not allow people to use DSR with it?

>those fucking babby hands on halo 4

Shame half the map is never used, Warzone really needs more AI enemy spawns.

It was a quick and barebones port because of the demand for Mouse+keyboard forging. More options are on the way

CE:A has babby hands as well. H4 also looks worse from the front.

Was not even aware it was on PC.
Feel like majority of my life is a lie.

Its a weird port of the halo 3 engine, with bits of modern halo features and a few new levels.

It's a cobbled together reverse engineered fan port of a Russian only f2p halo game.

It's really not actual halo 3, but it can get close

this game.

lol fucking moron learn to google

The railgun not being hitscan to begin with in 4 was fucking retarded considering railgun and coilgun projectiles are super fast

if any single gun should be hitscan, it should be the railgun

Halo 5 grunts would look fine if not for their stupid face

They need masks and triangle backpacks too. It's what made them iconic

It's more of a balancing factor, something that kills in one shot anywhere to the body should have at least a little bit of shot lead.

Eh, I guess

4/5 jackals are fine as is though. Jackals having subspecis's has been canon for fucking ever

likewise, 4/5 elites look fine, their armor is just full retard

Only if you get the right REQ.

My problem doesn't stem from the fact that they're subspeices and they do look fine

It stems from the fact that they're functionally just redesigns, as only one "subspecies" is ever represented ingame, and they behave the same as the regular versions.

Skirmishers are a better example, they look more similar and look like they belong within the same species while at the same time looking noticeably different and behaving different from their jackal counterparts...

As for elites, they look too brutish and big compared to their sleek and slim original designs.

They also try to make them look too "scary" by adding teeth and claws and muscles and scales to all of them, but just because they're antagonists and they're aliens doesn't mean they have to look scary. H1-3 covenant look believable, H4&5 covenant look needlessly "evil&scary"

Jesus Christ those armor are ugly. Its like by Halo 5 343 are just making 'em like that out of spite.

Halo 5 is hot garbage
youtube.com/watch?v=UL1_ht1EdAU

>"for each fact I have 20 excuses!"
Halo defence force.

Hot garbage, but still more tolerable than the mess that was halo 4. Any improvement is a good thing at this point.

You realize litterally every first person game on console has that right

I am pleased with the new jackals

Their old design felt really silly. Like they are some sort of chicken race, not alien enough.

>Like they are some sort of chicken race

They ARE some sort of chicken race, dufus.

H5 is shit for many reasons, but aim assist and bullet magnetism have been exactly like that since H2

false

They were dinosaurs in the first game