Kingdom Hearts is going to be a series I will cherish until the very end...

Kingdom Hearts is going to be a series I will cherish until the very end. It holds a special place in my heart (no pun intended). I've never felt this way about a video game series before. It's amazing. I remember back in 2002, being 11 and seeing this commercial for the first time on TV

youtube.com/watch?v=QNvTWohCFjI

I loved Disney as a kid and seeing all the characters together in one game, plus the catchy as fuck Simple and Clean then Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII just blew my fucking mind. Then fast forward 14 years later and I see the new KH 2.8 trailer and I got the same goosebumps I got when I saw the KH 1 commercial back when I was 11.

youtube.com/watch?v=4gKAR0uRZZ0

I know I'm fanboying out and sounding like a major faggot but I can't help it. This series is absolutely magical

I'm gonna be sad if there's not a Tron: Uprising world in KH3

Fuck you Disney for murdering this amazing franchise that was just finding its footing in a universe of its own

>I'm gonna be sad if there's not a Tron: Uprising world in KH3
Best start getting sad now.
Now, I don't mind a KH thread, but is this pasta?

>that Simple and Clean 2.8 remix
My fucking heart. Holy shit so good

square was extremely timely releasing the game at the crux of many 90s kids entry into adolescence. the series seems to have hooked many players because of that timing, including myself.

not to say that all of the series' appeal is nostalgia, just that it plays a big factor. i go back and play the games time to time and i'm shocked at the mediocrity of the level design the most. but i can basically brush that mediocrity off because the story is compelling, the combat is compelling, and the music is compelling too.

sora is a pretty good shonen protagonist.

I used to think like you, just let it go and move on

FUCK YOU
WHY DID YOU REMIND ME

FUCK YOOOOOU

I know, right? I watch the trailer at least 10 times in a day just for that fucking awesome remix

I was a jaded little shit so I generally saw most of Disney as boring formulaic cashgrabs even as a kid. But I still loved the first KH. The subsequent games have unfortunately only gotten progressively further from the feel of childlike wonder, though.

You must have not played dream drop distance

I know Black Cauldron would probably never show up in 3, so i'm holding out for Treasure Planet, Atlantis, and maybe a passing reference to Emperor's New Groove but a world would be neat.

That was based on Legacy, not Uprising.

Uprising =/= Legacy, my friend

That's the movie. This is the cartoon, Tron Uprising, possibly the best adaptation of the Tron franchise we have gotten.

Whoops, my bad. I just did the research. Sorry, but we've gotten a tron in at least two games now. Maybe we can get another.

i don't have much of an issue with that, since i've gotten older too. i appreciate the more mature direction the series has taken.

2 intro>1>CoM>rest of 2>>BBS

Havent played Days or DDD
BBS has good music, that is about all I can say for the game

Every day it still hurts.

I cannot fathom what must have gone on behind the scenes for this to have happened.

This hurts me and continues to hurt me on a level even greater than the loss of Chapter 3 in MGSV.

Why.

When will my suffering end.

I swear I remember reading that it might still be a thing.

But really, Disney doesn't need Tron because they own Star Wars, which appeals to the same general audience and has WAY more potential.

It may have more potential to line Disney's pockets, but it's just not the same. Tron's world was only just being developed, Star Wars has decades of lore to fall back on.

It's not fair

Hurt some more

what the fuck is this

is

is this a storyboard for season 2
I think I'm going to kill myself now.

WHAT IS THE SOURCE ON THIS

so who is blue girl and why do her friends hate her

i thought this was a KH thread

tronfags go home

her name is anzu

This one? Her name is Aqua.

Will KH 3 be shit?

What is considered shit?
If it's not 1:1 KH2FM people will hate it no matter what

most likely

Well looks like I'll be getting a PS4

More importantly, will it be out by next year? 2018? I'm just glad I haven't played 3D or X yet, at least 2.8 will have a decent amount of content for me.

who is your favorite character OP?

I loved the first two but I just couldn't be assed to play Chain of Memories. Fuck putting the games on handheld systems.

But Chain of Memories is the second KH game.

hrmm\
any more?

KH has a fanbase whos autism rivals that of sonic

@353222812
We know. You keep saying it in every thread.

perhaps

You can play CoM through the 1.5 HD collection now. It's easy to catch up now with the HD collections.

Is there a KH 1 and 2 remaster yet? I can't stand playing them feeling so dated on PS2.

1.5 Remix
2.5 Remix
Both on PS3

You're like a couple years late now. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5.

So if I'm following correctly, I only need to play the three HD Remix's to get the entire story?

Does that mean 2.8, when it comes out in 2017, will only have one new piece of story?

Basically. 2.8 has Dream Drop Distance, which is technically the latest story game, 0.2 which is more of a sequel to BBS, and the movie version of the phone game Unchained [chi].

Yes. Finally someone who reads the chart. Though if you don't keep up with Unchained, X Back Cover will be new to you. Hell it will be new to people who currently play as it will be from a different perspective than the one in the game. And Aqua's BbS 0.2 segment is new. 3D came out a couple of years ago, so if you haven't played it, that will be new to you and it's chronologically the latest game.

Wiki says that Back Cover and BBS in 2.8 are the "ninth and tenth" installments. What's the one missing from the three remixes?

Don't trust Wiki, that's technically wrong as X Back Cover is supposed to be the film version of the events of X/Unchained and BbS 0.2 is pretty much just a demo/taste of KH3 combat and isn't a full length title. But my guess would be them including X(Chi), which is the browser version of Unchained and has already ended.

i remember when the disney channel used to do little previews for video games during show breaks and they did one for kingdom hearts. that was pretty cool.

None of them. 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 have all the games together and all side stuff as well. 0.2 and Back Cover are new, they're included with 3D in 2.8. So by playing all the remixes, you'll be fully caught up.

Neat. I'll have to pick them up.

Steam release when? My PS3 yellow-lighted two months ago. ;_;

>Steam release when?

I know. I was just being a wishful thinker. Although I never properly sat through the games besides the GBA game when I was much younger, I know how anti-PC the series is. A properly working PS3 emulator is more likely than that.

When we get digital versions.

>square was extremely timely releasing the game at the crux of many 90s kids entry into adolescence. the series seems to have hooked many players because of that timing, including myself.
It came out at the end of the Disney Renaissance and right in the time period before they started sucking (Emperor's New Groove and Atlantis were still good movies) so you're right in that regard. Square should start capitalizing on the second Renaissance now given Disney is on top now.

I want to protect that smile and kiss those legs

>yfw Hikari Ray of Hope is designed to mirror Aqua's story
>starts off with upbeat high notes
>dark, bassy tones creep in and begin overwhelming the track
>drops (into the Realm of Darkness) and both tones clash and mix together for the rest of the track

so what are the chances of that dude with the kh cartoon actually show it?

I'm glad I stopped playing this shortly after KH2!

WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE FURRIES NOW?!

I'd cherish the great times I had with the game up to KH2 but the creators FUCKING RUINED IT!

>WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE FURRIES NOW?!
You know that the Disney pantheon is filled with anthropomorphic animals, right?

>kh
>furries

Disney was the baby daddy of furfags. What is the issue here?

I really hope we get Robin Hood for 3. I love Zootopia, but RH was OG. And it's a classic so adapting it wouldn't be that hard.

God damn is Ventus easier to play as than Terra.

The only good KH game is the original. Every other one is fucking garbage. KH is a good game but KH as a series is shit.

k

why anons go complete gay for this gay-ass series?
it's not even good.
>insanelly convoluted plot that's ultimately about good vs evil
>gameplay is shallow as fuck
>13yo ideia of edgy
>disney elements are pointless to the plot and only shoved in for nostalgia
>squenix

I doubt most people in this thread have ever played CoM on GBA or at least never finished it there.

It's a pretty good game on the PS2/1.5 collection. A little repetitive especially if you have to grind, but pretty fun combat system and it's the beginning of the series getting pants-on-head fucking crazy from a story and boss battle point of view.

Probably never. I think Tetsuya Nomura said he doesn't want there to be a KH TV series even though the pilot got outstanding feedback. Disney must have a great deal of respect for Nomura because Disney milks the shit out of everything

I don't ever expect KH to have a show, but I'd love to actually see the damn thing with my own eyes.

Yup. Get those three collections and you have everything from a plot point of view.

Of course you're missing quite a bit of content still in the sense that some of the games just got their cutscenes ripped into the collection and nothing else, but whatever.

A pilot exists. Maybe it can be our new holy grail?

>Only your heart is hollow enough to be a demons

have they ever mentioned demons at all in kingdom hearts before?

that's the thing. we just found out that the director of it still has a vhs copy of it. we just don't know how to get him to upload it somewhere, and if disney will ever let him.

Riku playable in KH3 pls

>those storyboards
Who the fuck wants this?

Just wait for him to die.

Demons = corrupted beings

Its basically a metaphor for the Heartless, Nobodies, and whatever else Vanitas pulls out of his body.

Also that line wouldn't work if they substituted that with the actual monsters of the KH universe

>Nomura
>Ever dying

We know that Roxas is going to be with Xion, so please give Riku Namine at least. Don't let best boy stay alone.

I hurt myself today

The seven dwarfs thought Unversed were demons.

>Roxas absorbed Xion
>Namine lies in Kairi
How would this work?

Sora is definitely going to need therapy after everything's said and done.

>not joining team ursus when KHx came out so you can have fun with your bearbros and kill all foxfags

>bearbros
user...